• Pros

• "It's easy to use and has great features to use"

• "I love that it just works. We have never had a hiccup. I love the text to give feature. This makes it very easy for donors."

• "This product is relatively easy to use. The price is very reasonable. Customer support is competent and effective. We have been able to raise a great deal of money on this platform."

• Cons

• "The cost is a bit high, but the product does offer many options."

• "They have some limitations in custom programming of building poles or responses in their forms, but they are working on it."

• "The learning curve is steep...not necessary worse than others... sometimes clunky tho, sometimes not as flexible as we would like. "

Browse MobileCause Reviews

Matthew from Club1040

MobileCause puts YOU first

MobileCause became a component of our growth. Organizationally, we see MobileCause keywords now as hallmarks for our own milestones and achievements. Because MobileCause made funds processing and reporting so easy, we have been able to focus our energy and effort on building partner support rather than bogging down in administrative tasks. I can't recommend MobileCause highly enough.

Pros

The SERVICE. All the features are great. The forms and reports are easy to use. They are highly customizable so you can run multiple campaigns as well as maintain branding standards. But, by far, the best thing about MobileCause is their service. Whether you call or email - you reach a person AND that person helps get you an answer and resolution.

Cons

I would like to have an option for users to administer their own monthly gifts via a login process - a feature that is currently in development.

Mariah from SNAP

MC review

It has been great for our main fundraiser event - love the ease of capturing donations via credit card, as prior to it was all manual entry. Also love being able to communicate to donors via text and giving us more options.

Pros

Easy for registering guests for events, love the thermometer and interactive possibilities; texting to donate is a new option for our donors

Cons

I still seem to have a hard time finding where to make alterations to certain details on the backend, like where to change a fulfillment response, or remove a donation, etc. I also wish they would change the thermometer details where someone's name automatically shows up if they haven't entered other details - the system remembers their number and associates the name, but some people want to be anonymous on the thermometer, so i wish it would default to no details being shown. I also am disappointed with the large jump in pricing from Yr 1 to Yr 2, but trust that it won't happen again beyond this initial increase or it might be come hard to justify.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

We wanted software that would allow us to solicit text donations and the others were strange and hard-to-navigate pricing structures, plus we liked the handholding we would get from MC with the digital marketing service team - they have been very helpful. I like the Classy websites, but we did still really want the texting option, and that wasn't available through them.

Janice from Parentis Foundation

Disappointed with Ease of Use

I would not recommend this platform to small organizations that rely on volunteer support at the special events. The system is not intuitive to quickly train a volunteer. There are also too many levels to set up the system for a small organization with limited staff to dedicate their time to navigating the platform. The videos, and support provided by Mobile Cause were helpful during the set-up process, but could not help during the day of event issues that we encountered, thus causing our guests, volunteers, and staff much stress and disappointment.

Pros

Our organization selected Mobile Cause as donation platform based on the text to donate features demonstrated from our Sales Representative. For the most part, this feature works well when a donor has full understanding of their personal smart phone and texting features.

Cons

As a small non-profit, we had hopes that Mobile Cause would be a streamline platform that would allow us to capture donations without having to have a registration/auction service to process payments, manage registration, etc. If I had not had the excellent support of rep from the Mobile Cause Support Team, I would have been able to set up our event or manage all the day of issues we encountered with Text to Donate, ticketing, and payment. The issues we encountered are too many to list in this review. I have attempted to rectify our concerns with the Mobile Cause management with no success. We lost money due to the glitches in the system that have not been addresses to date.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

We chose Mobile Cause because we were assured that it would be a seamless platform for a small organization to implement and would increase our donations. In fact, we lost money and donor confidence to give because of the issues we encountered with ticketing, registration backup, credit card collection, and text to pay mishaps. I am still waiting to hear from Mobile Cause management to address our concerns.

Heather from Earthwatch Institute

Great platform for raising online donations!

We were in desperate need of a mobile-optimized giving platform, as our data showed that over 80% of our website users were coming to us on a mobile device. We looked at a few other options, but MobileCause by far had the best customer service, and the most affordable pricing options. We have been quite happy with the results over the last 5+ years of working with them.

Pros

This is a fairly easy to use product that allows you to create an unlimited number of highly customized online donation forms that you can use to raise one-off and recurring gifts from individuals and through crowdfunding. You can also manage your events and volunteers. Security and functionality has been excellent. Reporting is highly detailed and customizable, and the pricing options for nonprofits are quite generous and affordable.

Cons

Building and editing the forms does take a little getting used to at first, as does navigating the administrative controls. Some parts were not intuitive but that could just be me. Once you get used to the system, it is usually very easy to figure out how to achieve your tasks.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

Classy had HORRENDOUS customer service for starters, but also your discount on the first $10,000 fees was very attractive. I don't recall the other companies we looked into but there were a few.

Jodi from Santa Fe Texas Education Foundation

Great for Crowd Funding

It provides important tools that we need.

Pros

The platform provides crowd-funding, credit card processing, and custom forms. Very useful for every event we have.

Cons

There are ways I'd like to be able to customize receipts and crowdfunding messaging, but the system doesn't allow for that. Pulling reports is a hassle. I wish it would seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks so I don't have to enter that data into QuickBooks.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

Cost, and we liked the crowdfunding platform in Mobile Cause.

Brynn from Emily's Place

Best purchase ever

I implemented this at my previous employer and then immediately did so when I assumed a new role in a different non-profit. I cannot recommend this enough!!

Pros

It is so easy to use - even I can set up a new activity within 10 minutes that looks like a pro did it! We love being able to have different keywords so that we can better track appeals, audiences, etc!

Cons

I love everything about MobileCause! There's nothing I don't like!

Chad from The Homeless Families Foundation

HFF MobileCause review

Great customer service and product

Pros

I like the ease of use. and user-friendliness for those fundraising for HFF

Cons

I think the text message input area could be improved. It seems too difficult to add extra info outside their name and cell phone.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

We chose MobileCause because we felt they were further along in their efforts to assist nonprofits

Astrid from University of the Virgin Islands

Great Fundraising Software and Support!

Fundraising and alumni engagement.

Pros

I love the fact that MobileCause provides a wealth of information regarding fundraising ideas for various entities and customer service is excellent!

Cons

Being that we're located in the US Virgin Islands, we are unable to use the PayPal feature and also access the MobileCause app.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

MobileCause presented a wider array of resources and a Digital Fundraising Strategist that provides insight on fundraising initiatives that will benefit our organization.

Gaby from Education

Love their customer service!

Pros

I love that customer support is VERY quick to answer all of my questions.

Cons

I don't like how items aren't as easy to use in comparison to our previous donation's platform. However, We have only been using this software for about 3 months, so I'm sure I just need to use this platform a bit more in order to get accustomed of the functionalities.

Vanessa from The Retreat

Great, easy to use software

With an outdated website and web donation forms that didn't work well for us, MobileCause greatly improved our ability to offer donors an easy-to-use interface. The addition of text-to-give was a bonus that more people are choosing to use. We needed it to be up and running in a short amount of time due to a campaign that was starting and their service was extremely helpful in making that happen.

Pros

MobileCause is highly customizable, allowing the user to choose new photographs, text, donation amounts, and sections for every campaign and sub-campaign. The customization is easy to manage. The options for types of campaign make it extremely flexible depending on the need---text to give, peer-to-peer, events. The option to embed forms on a website is great and we will take advantage of this when our web software is upgraded. For now we use a direct link to the form and it is beautiful. Reporting is clear and also customizable for what we need in our reports.

Cons

The recurring donations options is great to have on donation forms, but MobileCause only allows for a maximum of one year of donations, rather than on-going. It also does not allow for changes to be made on the back end of recurring donations. If someone wants to increase their monthly giving, their current monthly donation has to be canceled and a new one initiated.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

I don't recall now what other options we were looking at, but for the price, MobileCause offered more services, better customer service and easier integration. We did not need a large-scale platform that required API integration. This exactly fit our needs.

Sharon from Azusa Pacific University

My likes and dislikes of MobileCause

Overall, I'd say that MobileCause really needs to step up the "stewardship" aspect of the platform. It is great for fundraisers to sign up and use to communicate with their family and friends. But once a donor gives, I'd say the experience is lacking, and has required a lot of work on our end to figure out things that should be standard for a smooth donor experience.

Pros

MobileCause is great for the user experience with crowdfunding. Our college students love working with the platform and have exceeded their past mail-based fundraising campaign totals. Setting up campaigns and activities is also pretty straightforward and simple.

Cons

Figuring out how to best structure campaigns is difficult and was not clearly articulated in the onboarding process. There is not option to have different activity receipts go to different administrators. You can choose to have all receipts go to one extra admin email, otherwise you don't see what the donor/registrant receives. Receipts also don't list out all a donor's choices on a giving form. You need to add variable fields to the email to help accomplish this. However, if you ever change your form (rename a field, add or remove fields) donors set on recurring gifts no longer have receipts that show their information. There also isn't clear communication about upcoming recurring gifts for donors who sign up through an online form, rather than on their phone.

A great start and very personal support for small nonprofit

Overall, the experience has been quite positive. I appreciate how easy it is to make campaigns and keywords for specific activities. I wish I knew at the beginning what I know now because our dashboard would be cleaner, but it is still much more functional than what we had before.

Pros

I love the pricing structure for Mobile Cause compared to others that have hidden fees and only get more and more expensive as the organization and donor foundation grows. I also really appreciate the customer service...very quick and very personal. I don't feel like a number, and I also feel like they listen to feedback and develop products and improvements accordingly.

Cons

The learning curve was steep when we first began with Mobile Cause. Now that I understand it, I can do lots of different things, but it's difficult to delegate to others because it's not always intuitive. The ease of use has improved over time, though. I'm also thankful for the integration and development they're working on with regards to reports and use of forms for different activities. We have donors in another country that is not supported by Mobile Cause now, so that remains a hurdle we have to fix.

Steve from Bozzuto's

Industry: Supermarkets

Inexpensive software and excellent support

Excellent training and support ....easy to budget for year to year. No surprises or “gotta” moments. The lack if a sales team is refreshing.

Pros

The open features and ability to manage the functionality

Cons

When we need help with overall strategy or direction - the Support team is limited to tactical help for cause related concerns...but unable to help grasp the big picture of how MobileCause can you improve our giving and mission

Pricing and support....

Emily from Living Hope Centers

Great for managing donations

I really like using MobileCause to manage our donations, not so much for registration or ticketing features but more so for donations. There are options for one-time or recurring gifts. The customized reports are nice, and MobileCause offers webinars to help you understand how to use their features or offer tips for big fundraising events.

Pros

Over the years they have updated their tools including more customization/personalization on their donation forms and communications. You can also select what to include in the reports for donations and record donations into campaigns depending on where you get or how you use donations. I also love the texting feature.

Cons

It's a little difficult and takes time to navigate the website to use its tools. You have to get familiar with where to access a certain text code or editing a certain form.

Response from MobileCause

Replied November 2019

Hi Emily. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We really appreciate and value your input. Regarding your comments on ticketing and registration features, have you been using our new and improved Ticketing, Registration and Guest Check-in functionality? If you have not, we encourage you to take a look, we believe you will find it more useful and easier to use than our previous feature. It is very dynamic, provides lots of options, and is extremely easy to use. Just a few clicks and you will have a beautiful, personalized ticketing form available. Once you do work with it, please let us know your thoughts, we'd love to hear them!

Candice from Memorial Medical Center Foundation

Memorial Medical Center Foundation

MobileCause has been a Godsend for our organization since we began using it in 2018 for all of our campaigns. Our donors appreciate the ease and straightforwardness of our donation forms, and we in turn appreciate the incredible array of engagement tactics and services the platform offers that has played a huge role in the success we've had in some of our campaigns and events.

Pros

I like the unlimited campaign forms we can create and ability to customize each to fit our appeal message, including the awesome text-to-donate option.

Cons

I wish there was a way to download reports and see all donor activity and history, by donor name, in one report (perhaps that is possible and I am just not aware?).

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

At the time of our selection, we were looking specifically for a great text-to-donate platform that also included a fundraising thermometer capabilities for our gala event. So glad we took a chance on MobileCause!

Daryl from New Horizons

Walk-a-thon

In the end, the software worked well.. no real glitches. The support team and my Customer Success Manager listened to me and was able to create exactly what I needed. I only wish there was a little more flexability in the terminolgy on the actual pages. Not all users understand fundraising lingo, some of which is not changable in the design.

Pros

I worked with a Customer Success Manager to design my pages for our annual walk-a-thon. I wanted to improve our site to be simplier for the user to navigate. She listened to me and designed a site which included everything I asked for resulting in a simplier, easier way for my walk participates to sign-up, join a team and fundraise.

Cons

As someone who has little time and patience for designing pages, I found navitgating this part too time consuming for me. I ended up paying for someone at Mobile Cause to design.

Demphna from Child and Family Charities

Director of Development

While we truly enjoy the functionality of the product, we would like to have additional support with the onboarding process and continued tech support.

Pros

Mobile Cause is great at integration with our database. When a donor gives through our website, Mobile Cause immediately adds that info to our database--takes a step out of our data input process, saving time and money.

Cons

It is VERY difficult to get assistance. When we have an issue, they are not easy to work with to resolve. Additionally, they do not issue invoices or receipts for charges causing problems for our auditors.

Response from MobileCause

Replied June 2019

Thank you, Demphna, for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the functionality of our fundraising software. We are disheartened to hear you found getting support from our Customer Success team difficult. We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer support. We will be reaching out to you to learn more about your experience so we can ensure your experience isn't replicated. Please know your experience with MobileCause support is the exception and we hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you the typical high standards our customers receive.

Lisa from Husson University

MobileCause Review

I could not be happier with MobileCause. From the support team, to my account manager, to the digital specialist, they are so responsive and quick. I would recommend them to everyone looking for professional-looking and adaptive forms that are easy to use.

Pros

I like how it is constantly adapting to the needs of those of us that use it. With every update, it is becoming more dynamic, more user-friendly, and more flexible.

Cons

On our Giving Day, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to give to the area they wanted to without necessarily having to scroll through all of the teams. This resulted in my changing the pledges/keywords for every gift that came in to ensure that the designation was correct. Would love (and this is me just being selfish) that there was a way that the funds would go to the "buckets/teams" automatically. Again, looking at ease-of-use for the donor.

Allyyssa from Concordia College

Gift Intake Manager

Overall, I have been using MobileCause for a couple of years and it has been a good time. I enjoy being able to customize our giving page, setting up campaigns for various events, and the growth. I would suggest Mobile Cause to various companies that fundraise.

Pros

The ability to customize the giving page for our donors and monitoring the analytics. In addition, Mobile Cause is a fun software to use for fundraising, from its text to donate to its reoccurring donations features.

Cons

The least feature that I like about the Mobile Cause software is the interaction for the donors. I suggest allowing the donor to make a profile on the website, allowing them to have some involvement on the website.

Mikko from MPTF

Easy to Customize Donation Forms

MobileCause allowed us to customize our giving forms to a greater degree than with any other platform and to only get that piece of software we wanted without the unnecessary expense of buying other CRM type components we already had and were happy with. If you just want a product to take care of one aspect of your operation and not change other systems MobileCause is a great choice and at a competitive price point.

Pros

The ability to really customize each form is fantastic.

Cons

The output of reports needs to be improved as old data and new data can get mixed together so you have to double check and cross check information.

Jeanine from Habitat for Humanity® of Rabun County

What we needed during COVID

This is perfect for digital fundraising. We started with nothing and this has ramp up our giving. We went with the basic package for our first year. Maybe we will add the peer to peer and crowdfunding next!

Pros

This was our first foray into digital fundraising and we chose MobileCause before COVID. We couldn't have moved forward after the shutdown without it. The event page looks great and the text to donate or buy a raffle ticket, etc., is awesome.

Cons

Because we operate with all volunteers and no paid staff, it took us a little longer to get up and running, but their support staff is very helpful. There are so many different options with MobileCause, it can take a bit to wrap your mind around what you need or want. We aren't as impressed with the auction software company integration.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

Better pricing and auction integration

Pam from Lutheran Latino Ministries

Creative Help - Good Return on Our Investment

I have learned a lot about marketing and now I feel competent to create the donation forms using MobileCause templates. We are a small organization. Prior to using Mobile Cause we had no online donors. Now we have a dozen monthly donors giving online. Our banquet earned more, almost double, than our previous banquets. The program has paid for itself and brought us more income than we have received in our past efforts. The customer service is outstanding - patient, knowledgeable, always quick to respond to questions. The training and learning centers are really excellent, and if you don't get it, just email and they help you.

Pros

Ease of use; various ways to communicate; reporting and tracking donations. Customer support is outstanding! Lots of training videos, screen shots, PDF documents - so many ways to learn.

Cons

The email templates in the program (for me) seemed a little difficult to use so I do the emails through Constant Contact, the platform that is supported by MobileCause. I'm not sure how to access/track offline donations I have entered.

Kristine from Justice and Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco

Useful Program With Various Benefits

Overall, I recommend this software. It is aesthetically pleasing, customize-able enough to make it feel your own, and the forms have some great features (like calculations, drop down menus, and giving the donor the option to pay the service fee. Whenever I was massively confused or had complicated questions, the staff was always there to either walk me through it or completely resolve the issue for me. Big thank you to our account manager,

Pros

I like the ability to run multiple campaigns with multiple forms at the same time. I like the various functions available within forms. I love the customer service.

Cons

The crowdfunding function is still very confusing, both as the administrator and for users. There are some limitations on what information is made available to each group that has caused some disappointment. I have taken all four training courses and there are still some things that I have learned through trial and error or from just clicking around and getting a spark of clarity.

David Clark from Set Free Alliance

Great Customer Service

Great people. Great product.

Pros

I think it is easy to use. The developers listen to suggestions about features and are obviously customer driven. The customer service responses are polite, prompt and get me the information I need to move forward. I often get responses from the same people call after call, and that helps me know I can trust MobileCause. I also like the new visualized monthly breakdowns.

Cons

Some of the customer information can't be edited without the help of customer support which is hard when a client updates their contact information.

Marc from Long Beach Area Council, Boy Scouts of America

I would recommend MobileCause

MobileCause has allowed us to reach donors where they are. Writing checks is no longer a barrier to giving. Recurring giving is very easy. In the last five years, the platform has been ever-evolving, always improving releasing the latest features to stay ahead of the competition. Customer service is very responsive and open to suggestions. Forms are intuitive and very easy to customize for any purpose.

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive, responsive customer service

Cons

For recurring gifts, donors are notified when credit cards expire, but the admin for the nonprofit is not notified until after the fact. Would be helpful for nonprofit to know earlier.

A Sleek, User Friendly and Modern Fundraising Platform

Pros

We have really enjoyed using MobileCause for the ease of use and the simple to learn functionality. The Text to Donate and Peer-to-Peer fundraising tools have helped us modernize and expand our fundraising activities. The option to have donors cover the credit card processing fee is great and in our experience, most donors have chosen to do so, saving us on operating costs. The customer service has been stellar and the numerous packages make it easy to find a good fit for our organization.

Cons

The only downside I have found is that the automated email notifications I receive when a donation is made are too generic and don't contain all the information I need to see at a glance, so I find myself logging in to pull reports to find that information. It is certainly not a deal breaker, but it adds an extra step which would be nice to eliminate.

Sheryl from Sampson Amoateng Ministries

My MobileCause Experience

It’s been helpful for our process. I still feel it’s a bit expensive but I do see additional features constantly being added and that has made me feel better about the cost

Pros

I like the ease of running reports and that we can connect our PayPal as an option to our donation page. Also allowing recurring donations & changing those is a plus.

Cons

Setting up forms for our particular use has not always been easy. And it depends on the rep you get. Some are very helpful while others sometimes make you feel like you should know how to do what they do all day, everyday

Lindsey from The 22q Family Foundation

MobileCause is User Friendly for Non-Profits

We are able to apply more outreach through the upgraded text messaging ability. We also are able to easily pull CSV reports from fundraising campaigns and are now syncing it with Salesforce.

Pros

I loved the easiness of creating campaigns and visual aids that helped us with various fundraising opportunities. The functionality of being able to incorporate text messaging with goal thermometers and easy-to-use personalization were amazing.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little hard to find where particular forms or data entry spots are, but once you do it's fine.

Lauren from Roger Williams University

Great tool for non-profit fundraising

MobileCause has solved many issues for us as a small fundraising shop. We have been through periods of severe understaffing and a lack of resources. MobileCause allowed us to fill a gap in our online giving presence with little investment of staff time.

Pros

MobileCause has been an amazing resource for our institution. We have been able to provide a platform for various different areas of the University to fundraise in addition to kicking off an annual Day of Giving that continues to grow year over year.

Cons

There are some limitations with segmenting out the Day of Giving, but that was not something we needed until after our Day of Giving gained a ton of traction over three years.

Benjamin from St. Francis College

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great value and regularly improving.

It's been a great experience. I wish it worked more seamlessly with Raiser's Edge, but at leas there is Importacular.

Pros

The company has kept a steady price while increasing service availability and innovations.

Cons

There sometimes is not a ton of flexibility and there can be a lag in customer service due to usually being unable to reach someone by phone or text.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

The price didn't increase based on dollars raised that the integration was fast.

Julia from Ho’ola Na Pua

Industry: Individual & Family Services

A good tool in your belt

Overall, the MobileCause features help to keep our donors engaged and look nice on our website and at events. It’s a nice tool to have in our development aresenal.

Pros

The customer support has been excellent, they are willing to help problem solve and discuss our issues, even if there is not yet a solution.

Cons

MobileCause still doesn’t fit all of our needs, as far as capturing registration information in an easily reportable manner, and the customizations are a little too difficult for most staff to manage.

Jim from The Joseph Fund, Inc.

Best Bang for Our Buck

Releasing a simple to follow Text-to-Give solution at our event this year allowed us to raise more than $32,000 in pledges in approximately 8 minutes. Our stated goal of $25,000 was reached in less time but momentum was so strong that we exceeded the minimum goal announced.

Pros

Two things were very successful for us, 1) having an ongoing transaction structure for donors to give online and 2) an easy to execute Text-to-Give option for our event

Cons

Not certain I have a good response to this because The Joseph Fund of Camden has not spend a lot of time gleaning analytic data on usage and utilization like we need to. Hoping The Joseph Fund will be able to do more moving forward.

Syed from IQA Foundation

Pros and Cons

Pros

Bold and easy to navigate options. Strong customer service although at times it feels like they are really good listeners but not so good that executing on the requests.

Cons

Lack to features; facebook pixel integration desktop layout vs. mobile design (currently it only offers mobile design forced for desktop users too. Seems most of the space is wasted. Customization over check out pages and post check out redirect Ability to custom cross sell

Best product for the cost

We needed an effective and efficient system for collecting funds and running crowd-funding campaigns. We have been very successful in using this platform for this purpose. The ease of use allowed us to respond to needs arising from the recent Camp Fire immediately.

Pros

Cons

Not as many bells and whistles as other products that cost significantly more. The number of outgoing texts allowed is insufficient and we have to expend additional fund to use outgoing texts as we want to.

Chanel D. from Coppin State University

Easy to set up, easy to use

It allows us to reach donors we wouldn't ordinarily reach by allowing users to be fundraisers and spread the word (or campaign) to their networks. Their customer service is always fast, friendly, and very helpful.

Pros

Ease of use. You can create attractive looking campaign pages quickly and easily. It's also easy for users to donate AND to invite their friends to support as well. Great for crowdfunding. Easy to share on social media.

Cons

None at this time. I wish the software talked directly to our database but although it doesn't it utilizes Authorize.net as the processor which is our normal processor so it's still convenient.

Laureen from Peace Over Violence

POV user

I joined this organization in May and immediately had to create campaigns. Thankfully the user interface is very easy because I self taught very quickly due to the help pages and your really awesome customer service!

Pros

I like the reporting functionality, the new insights preview homepage, but wish it was a more robust function.

Cons

It's not easy to clean up campaigns - so many unused codes... There should be more functionality added to campaign activities (like recurring donations should have an amount limit or ticketing events could be easier). I also would like to see more control on the back-end. For instance, a donor wants us to to change recurring donation from $50 to $100, we cannot and therefore risk losing the donor due to their inability to navigate the change themselves.

Devon from Virginia Tech

Agility and ease

MobileCause allows our organization to create specialized donation forms for giving campaigns and unique project efforts. We get real-time results and the accounting/receipting process is easy. We also use the sms subscriptions to stay in touch with our constituents.

Pros

MobileCause allows us to design donation forms that work seamlessly across all web browsers, desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.

Cons

As a large organization with many funds, the system doesn’t allow conditional drop-down menus (yet!) but I have made requests in the past, such as needing a form-cloning feature, and the developers made it happen, so I’m hopeful.

All in one fundraising tool!

Great all in one tool for donor and member management. Top company for text giving and peer to peer fundraising. It’s hard to find a user friendly all in one tool that offers these two features. The free demo and online support and resources are helpful.

Pros

It’s affordable, they offer a free demo and it’s user friendly. It’s An all in one fundraising platform. They also offer functions like text giving and peer to peer. 24/7 online live support. Besides donor, event management and gift processing, they have volunteer management, gift match processing, membership management and recurring gift management.

Cons

It’s great for crowdfunding and mobile giving however as far as donor management and gift processing, they need to vamp up stewardship features and abilities. The crowdfunding feature has a learning curve and has limitations.

Jon from The Master's University

Quality software, constantly making pain points better

Simple and easy way to accept gifts. Form always looks nice and clean on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.

Pros

The ease of use for the client/donor side. It is simple to go on and make an easy gift.

Cons

The RSVP forms are sometimes difficult to configure in the way we want them. Also, not allowing a login for donors to see their consolidated giving, get access to tax receipts, etc. is a feature we would like to see.

Katharine from Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science

Simple to start, intuitive to use

Pros

The initial set up of an online donation form was simple and easily added to our website to streamline the online giving process. Once that was up and running, I had more time to dig into the other functionalities of the software. It's so simple to set up a keyword and special donation form for that keyword, and easy to check on donations coming in.

Cons

It took awhile for our payment methods to be authorized, so we potentially missed out on some donations in the first week of having the donation form live on the website.

Great company with awesome customer service

Pros

Customer service at MobileCause is absolutely fantastic. Whenever I've had questions or issues, I just give them a call and they walk me through trying to fix it. They've also made some pretty good updates throughout the years. Overall, we're satisfied!

Cons

One thing I don't love is that MobileCause doesn't offer an esasy givingform that can be embedded on a webpage.

John from American Kidney Fund

American Kidney Fund

My overall experience has been a positive one.

Pros

Instant dashboard, easily downloadable files, previews options along the way, videos for support, testing options prior to send.

Cons

not having the ability to change thank you message for individuals who opted into sustainer giving. Having the attachment links be counted against the character count in the text.

Reasons for Choosing MobileCause

They are in the non-profit space and can help with strategies and share best practices. I like the personalization feature which allows for a higher level of engagement. I think sending messages are important, but telling our story and being able to promote our brand while doing so is probably more important. They are TCPA and CTIA compliant, their bulk import (SMS) features are uploaded through CVS which should make our jobs easier as it relates to sending personalized fist names into outgoing messages. I like the fact that we can include a monthly and annual giving option. Flexible solutions.

Lindsay from Concordia College

Honest Review

I am very thankful for the customer service at MobileCause. We were able to set up one on one discussions and trainings so that we can get the most out of the service.

Pros

I appreciate the versatility of the software and the ability to customize it.

Cons

If I have to say anything negative it is that there is so many things you can do with mobile cause that sometimes it can be overwhelming to decide what to do first.

Easy to use, but there a few things I could change!

Overall we got MobileCause so that we could use the thermometer and text to give function. We are also using this to process credit card donations on our website.

Pros

I really like that its fairly easy to use and that you can text to give and see the back end of the account.

Cons

I don't like that you can't pick the specific date to start a recurring payment and sometimes the forms are hard to navigate

Abe from YOUNIQUE FOUNDATION

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fundraising with MobileCause

Overall, we’ve had a positive experience using MobileCause. It’s a great solution if you have limited experience creating and running fundraising campaigns.

Pros

MobileCause makes it easy to create and run donation campaigns, accept donations, and to track and measure success of specific efforts.

Cons

Occasionally we experience difficulties in performing donor searches and in making refunds.

MobileCause is easy to use and makes fundraising simple

Pros

It is user friendly and allows us to maximize our efforts for fundraising across multiple campaigns. Simple platform that is easy to change and manage various donation forms.

Cons

Unable to update monetary goal for campaigns with each new year without creating a whole new campaign. Which requires us to build out new individual pages.

Easy to use versatile platform

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic but perhaps what's better is that they keep improving the software based on customer feedback so if something doesn't work for you let them know and in my expereince they've been responsive and things have improved.

Cons

I wish it integrated into our website and database architectures more elegantly.

Erica from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science

User friendly, full of features, and does the job perfectly!

We have been able to increase alumni engagement threefold, easily. Using MobileCause was honestly the best, easiest decision our team ever made. And their customer service is unbeaten. Any time I've had a question or concern, they have above and beyond to help answer or fix the issue.

Pros

It is so easy to use and can be dialed up or toned back depending on your skill and comfortability. Honestly, people on my team were ready to use the software pretty much immediately, which was awesome. It has helped us connect with our alumni in a completely new way - and THEY ARE LOVING IT!

Cons

I hope there are more features, which of course, I know there will be. It seems like every day they add new stuff.

Mobile Cause

Mobile Cause enables us to process online donations. Credit card fees are fixed but monthly charges mean it isn't the cheapest in the market. However, it is secure and reliable.

Pros

Software is easy to use, donor pages easy to edit

Cons

It doesn't transfer directly into our database. It uses a card processor so batches from Mobile Cause don't always appear in exactly the same way on our bank statements (payments are processed at different times). Has text to give but no credit card capture to use for auctions or fundraising events.

Erinn from Generosity Feeds

Mobilize my cause

Fantastic.

Pros

We have been using MobileCause for years now. We will continue to use them based on the ease of the system and the fact that they are one of the few people to offer text to give and peer to peer platforms.

Cons

The software is great but it would be nice to be able to delete old keywords no longer in use.