What are MobileCause users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MobileCause software through verified user reviews

• icon"Great platform and easy to use. Very intuitive and simple interface that even a beginner like myself can figure out."
  • icon"Over the years that I have been using it, their software has become dramatically better and seems to still be improving."
  • icon"The ease of use for our staff was the biggest plus. We used it for your early Fun Drive and it makes donating quick and fun."
  • icon"Some donors seem to have trouble cancelling their donations themselves so maybe make the FAQ or directions on how to do that more accessible to them."
  • icon"My package limited the number of words in my text messages."
  • icon"We have reached out for more strategic guidance from the company and we have been disappointed with that side of the customer service."

Browse all MobileCause Reviews

• Have you used MobileCause and would like to share your experience with others?

Matthew

MobileCause puts YOU first

MobileCause became a component of our growth. Organizationally, we see MobileCause keywords now as hallmarks for our own milestones and achievements. Because MobileCause made funds processing and reporting so easy, we have been able to focus our energy and effort on building partner support rather than bogging down in administrative tasks. I can't recommend MobileCause highly enough.

Pros

The SERVICE. All the features are great. The forms and reports are easy to use. They are highly customizable so you can run multiple campaigns as well as maintain branding standards. But, by far, the best thing about MobileCause is their service. Whether you call or email - you reach a person AND that person helps get you an answer and resolution.

Cons

I would like to have an option for users to administer their own monthly gifts via a login process - a feature that is currently in development.

Mohammed

very user-friendly features makes donation very easy

With MobileCause, we were able to improve our donor and partner management practices considerably. An outcome that translated to exceeded targets for our campaigns and increased introductions by our donors to other benefactors within their circles.

Pros

The certified training courses they gave us when we signed on not only made it easier for us to navigate their range of services, they also helped us refine and extensively improve our fundraising strategy. Through these lessons, we have been able to develop tailored engagement plans for each of our most consistent donors and as a result increase the amounts of funding we are able to raise from each campaign.

Cons

Their fraud detection and support mechanisms could be further enhanced to be more stringent and stricter.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

We use both platforms, and decide on a case to case basis. Sometimes, we run campaigns simultaneously on both sites.

Janice

Disappointed with Ease of Use

I would not recommend this platform to small organizations that rely on volunteer support at the special events. The system is not intuitive to quickly train a volunteer. There are also too many levels to set up the system for a small organization with limited staff to dedicate their time to navigating the platform. The videos, and support provided by Mobile Cause were helpful during the set-up process, but could not help during the day of event issues that we encountered, thus causing our guests, volunteers, and staff much stress and disappointment.

Pros

Our organization selected Mobile Cause as donation platform based on the text to donate features demonstrated from our Sales Representative. For the most part, this feature works well when a donor has full understanding of their personal smart phone and texting features.

Cons

As a small non-profit, we had hopes that Mobile Cause would be a streamline platform that would allow us to capture donations without having to have a registration/auction service to process payments, manage registration, etc. If I had not had the excellent support of rep from the Mobile Cause Support Team, I would have been able to set up our event or manage all the day of issues we encountered with Text to Donate, ticketing, and payment. The issues we encountered are too many to list in this review. I have attempted to rectify our concerns with the Mobile Cause management with no success. We lost money due to the glitches in the system that have not been addresses to date.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

We chose Mobile Cause because we were assured that it would be a seamless platform for a small organization to implement and would increase our donations. In fact, we lost money and donor confidence to give because of the issues we encountered with ticketing, registration backup, credit card collection, and text to pay mishaps. I am still waiting to hear from Mobile Cause management to address our concerns.

Jodi

Great for Crowd Funding

It provides important tools that we need.

Pros

The platform provides crowd-funding, credit card processing, and custom forms. Very useful for every event we have.

Cons

There are ways I'd like to be able to customize receipts and crowdfunding messaging, but the system doesn't allow for that. Pulling reports is a hassle. I wish it would seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks so I don't have to enter that data into QuickBooks.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

Cost, and we liked the crowdfunding platform in Mobile Cause.

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

Looking to save money and have some new tools DonorPerfect didn't offer.

Brynn

Best purchase ever

I implemented this at my previous employer and then immediately did so when I assumed a new role in a different non-profit. I cannot recommend this enough!!

Pros

It is so easy to use - even I can set up a new activity within 10 minutes that looks like a pro did it! We love being able to have different keywords so that we can better track appeals, audiences, etc!

Cons

I love everything about MobileCause! There's nothing I don't like!

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

Ease of use, multiple uses, customer service and better analytics!

Chad

HFF MobileCause review

Great customer service and product

Pros

I like the ease of use. and user-friendliness for those fundraising for HFF

Cons

I think the text message input area could be improved. It seems too difficult to add extra info outside their name and cell phone.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

We chose MobileCause because we felt they were further along in their efforts to assist nonprofits

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

More mobile capabilities, user friendliness

Astrid

Great Fundraising Software and Support!

Fundraising and alumni engagement.

Pros

I love the fact that MobileCause provides a wealth of information regarding fundraising ideas for various entities and customer service is excellent!

Cons

Being that we're located in the US Virgin Islands, we are unable to use the PayPal feature and also access the MobileCause app.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

MobileCause presented a wider array of resources and a Digital Fundraising Strategist that provides insight on fundraising initiatives that will benefit our organization.

Gaby

Love their customer service!

Pros

I love that customer support is VERY quick to answer all of my questions.

Cons

I don't like how items aren't as easy to use in comparison to our previous donation's platform. However, We have only been using this software for about 3 months, so I'm sure I just need to use this platform a bit more in order to get accustomed of the functionalities.

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

Our tech team noticed some of it's donor information flaws and urged us to switch.

David Clark

Great Customer Service

Great people. Great product.

Pros

I think it is easy to use. The developers listen to suggestions about features and are obviously customer driven. The customer service responses are polite, prompt and get me the information I need to move forward. I often get responses from the same people call after call, and that helps me know I can trust MobileCause. I also like the new visualized monthly breakdowns.

Cons

Some of the customer information can't be edited without the help of customer support which is hard when a client updates their contact information.

Anna

12-2020 MobileCause review

Overall everything has gone smoothly and it is easy to navigate the features of MobileCause. Occasionally parts of the pages do not populate immediately, which is minor, however the one glitch on the big giving day (Giving Tuesday), where the MobileCause site was down, did have a huge impact on the MobileCause experience overall. Hopefully this has been remedied for future big donation days!

Pros

Easy to use and works well with our existing systems and software.

Cons

That the MobileCause site went down on Giving Tuesday earlier this month -- One of the busiest days for receiving donations in the non-profit world.

Jim

Best Bang for Our Buck

Releasing a simple to follow Text-to-Give solution at our event this year allowed us to raise more than $32,000 in pledges in approximately 8 minutes. Our stated goal of $25,000 was reached in less time but momentum was so strong that we exceeded the minimum goal announced.

Pros

Two things were very successful for us, 1) having an ongoing transaction structure for donors to give online and 2) an easy to execute Text-to-Give option for our event

Cons

Not certain I have a good response to this because The Joseph Fund of Camden has not spend a lot of time gleaning analytic data on usage and utilization like we need to. Hoping The Joseph Fund will be able to do more moving forward.

Heather

Great platform for raising online donations!

We were in desperate need of a mobile-optimized giving platform, as our data showed that over 80% of our website users were coming to us on a mobile device. We looked at a few other options, but MobileCause by far had the best customer service, and the most affordable pricing options. We have been quite happy with the results over the last 5+ years of working with them.

Pros

This is a fairly easy to use product that allows you to create an unlimited number of highly customized online donation forms that you can use to raise one-off and recurring gifts from individuals and through crowdfunding. You can also manage your events and volunteers. Security and functionality has been excellent. Reporting is highly detailed and customizable, and the pricing options for nonprofits are quite generous and affordable.

Cons

Building and editing the forms does take a little getting used to at first, as does navigating the administrative controls. Some parts were not intuitive but that could just be me. Once you get used to the system, it is usually very easy to figure out how to achieve your tasks.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

Classy had HORRENDOUS customer service for starters, but also your discount on the first $10,000 fees was very attractive. I don't recall the other companies we looked into but there were a few.

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

Wasn't mobile-optimized, not customizable, and took weeks to months to get new forms built

Vanessa

Great, easy to use software

With an outdated website and web donation forms that didn't work well for us, MobileCause greatly improved our ability to offer donors an easy-to-use interface. The addition of text-to-give was a bonus that more people are choosing to use. We needed it to be up and running in a short amount of time due to a campaign that was starting and their service was extremely helpful in making that happen.

Pros

MobileCause is highly customizable, allowing the user to choose new photographs, text, donation amounts, and sections for every campaign and sub-campaign. The customization is easy to manage. The options for types of campaign make it extremely flexible depending on the need---text to give, peer-to-peer, events. The option to embed forms on a website is great and we will take advantage of this when our web software is upgraded. For now we use a direct link to the form and it is beautiful. Reporting is clear and also customizable for what we need in our reports.

Cons

The recurring donations options is great to have on donation forms, but MobileCause only allows for a maximum of one year of donations, rather than on-going. It also does not allow for changes to be made on the back end of recurring donations. If someone wants to increase their monthly giving, their current monthly donation has to be canceled and a new one initiated.

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

I don't recall now what other options we were looking at, but for the price, MobileCause offered more services, better customer service and easier integration. We did not need a large-scale platform that required API integration. This exactly fit our needs.

Sharon

My likes and dislikes of MobileCause

Overall, I'd say that MobileCause really needs to step up the "stewardship" aspect of the platform. It is great for fundraisers to sign up and use to communicate with their family and friends. But once a donor gives, I'd say the experience is lacking, and has required a lot of work on our end to figure out things that should be standard for a smooth donor experience.

Pros

MobileCause is great for the user experience with crowdfunding. Our college students love working with the platform and have exceeded their past mail-based fundraising campaign totals. Setting up campaigns and activities is also pretty straightforward and simple.

Cons

Figuring out how to best structure campaigns is difficult and was not clearly articulated in the onboarding process. There is not option to have different activity receipts go to different administrators. You can choose to have all receipts go to one extra admin email, otherwise you don't see what the donor/registrant receives. Receipts also don't list out all a donor's choices on a giving form. You need to add variable fields to the email to help accomplish this. However, if you ever change your form (rename a field, add or remove fields) donors set on recurring gifts no longer have receipts that show their information. There also isn't clear communication about upcoming recurring gifts for donors who sign up through an online form, rather than on their phone.

MobileCause exploded our outreach

We have benefitted from MobileCause tremendously and a significant portion of our online donors originate from MobileCause as a source and continue to give through MobileCause in a recurring manner.

Pros

Not only is it user-friendly to us as the non-profit, it is extremely accessible to our donors. Honestly, the best part about MobileCause is how it has increased our donor base. Aside from that, it is essentially seamless and has a wide array of features. It's multiple integrations with other services truly made it seamless to incorporate into our existing organization. We use it every single day, not just to track our donations but also the other features, such as the group fundraising aspect where donors can set up their own fundraisers. The impact on our company is clearly seen in the increase in profits, but also MobileCause just straight up makes fundraising easier.

Cons

Some donors seem to have trouble cancelling their donations themselves so maybe make the FAQ or directions on how to do that more accessible to them. Otherwise there are really no downsides to the service on the administrative end.

A great start and very personal support for small nonprofit

Overall, the experience has been quite positive. I appreciate how easy it is to make campaigns and keywords for specific activities. I wish I knew at the beginning what I know now because our dashboard would be cleaner, but it is still much more functional than what we had before.

Pros

I love the pricing structure for Mobile Cause compared to others that have hidden fees and only get more and more expensive as the organization and donor foundation grows. I also really appreciate the customer service...very quick and very personal. I don't feel like a number, and I also feel like they listen to feedback and develop products and improvements accordingly.

Cons

The learning curve was steep when we first began with Mobile Cause. Now that I understand it, I can do lots of different things, but it's difficult to delegate to others because it's not always intuitive. The ease of use has improved over time, though. I'm also thankful for the integration and development they're working on with regards to reports and use of forms for different activities. We have donors in another country that is not supported by Mobile Cause now, so that remains a hurdle we have to fix.

Steve

Industry: Supermarkets

Inexpensive software and excellent support

Excellent training and support ....easy to budget for year to year. No surprises or “gotta” moments. The lack if a sales team is refreshing.

Pros

The open features and ability to manage the functionality

Cons

When we need help with overall strategy or direction - the Support team is limited to tactical help for cause related concerns...but unable to help grasp the big picture of how MobileCause can you improve our giving and mission

Pricing and support....

Better support and training

Mariah

Mobilecause has made giving easier

Pros

We have liked Mobilecause for general donations, fundraising campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising and more. We chose it to have a way to do text-to-give, and have used it for features much beyond that. It takes some getting used to for setting up forms and knowing which settings are set from which areas of the site. They offer lots of webinars for how-to-use and fundraising basics and ideas and lots of help videos. The forms look great and are much better than what we had before.

Cons

I wish that donors who select anonymous on a donation form would be able to be reported in an email notification - it currently needs to be run through a report, so is an extra step we have to remember. Also the fact that it is a bit challenging for new users to know all of the settings that need to be set upon setting up a new form.

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

We needed something that was more donor-centric for online giving. Our earlier system felt very cold and transactional.

Emily

Great for managing donations

I really like using MobileCause to manage our donations, not so much for registration or ticketing features but more so for donations. There are options for one-time or recurring gifts. The customized reports are nice, and MobileCause offers webinars to help you understand how to use their features or offer tips for big fundraising events.

Pros

Over the years they have updated their tools including more customization/personalization on their donation forms and communications. You can also select what to include in the reports for donations and record donations into campaigns depending on where you get or how you use donations. I also love the texting feature.

Cons

It's a little difficult and takes time to navigate the website to use its tools. You have to get familiar with where to access a certain text code or editing a certain form.

Response from MobileCause

Hi Emily. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We really appreciate and value your input. Regarding your comments on ticketing and registration features, have you been using our new and improved Ticketing, Registration and Guest Check-in functionality? If you have not, we encourage you to take a look, we believe you will find it more useful and easier to use than our previous feature. It is very dynamic, provides lots of options, and is extremely easy to use. Just a few clicks and you will have a beautiful, personalized ticketing form available. Once you do work with it, please let us know your thoughts, we'd love to hear them!

Replied November 2019

Candice

Memorial Medical Center Foundation

MobileCause has been a Godsend for our organization since we began using it in 2018 for all of our campaigns. Our donors appreciate the ease and straightforwardness of our donation forms, and we in turn appreciate the incredible array of engagement tactics and services the platform offers that has played a huge role in the success we've had in some of our campaigns and events.

Pros

I like the unlimited campaign forms we can create and ability to customize each to fit our appeal message, including the awesome text-to-donate option.

Cons

I wish there was a way to download reports and see all donor activity and history, by donor name, in one report (perhaps that is possible and I am just not aware?).

Reasons for choosing MobileCause

At the time of our selection, we were looking specifically for a great text-to-donate platform that also included a fundraising thermometer capabilities for our gala event. So glad we took a chance on MobileCause!

Daryl

Walk-a-thon

In the end, the software worked well.. no real glitches. The support team and my Customer Success Manager listened to me and was able to create exactly what I needed. I only wish there was a little more flexability in the terminolgy on the actual pages. Not all users understand fundraising lingo, some of which is not changable in the design.

Pros

I worked with a Customer Success Manager to design my pages for our annual walk-a-thon. I wanted to improve our site to be simplier for the user to navigate. She listened to me and designed a site which included everything I asked for resulting in a simplier, easier way for my walk participates to sign-up, join a team and fundraise.

Cons

As someone who has little time and patience for designing pages, I found navitgating this part too time consuming for me. I ended up paying for someone at Mobile Cause to design.

Demphna

Director of Development

While we truly enjoy the functionality of the product, we would like to have additional support with the onboarding process and continued tech support.

Pros

Mobile Cause is great at integration with our database. When a donor gives through our website, Mobile Cause immediately adds that info to our database--takes a step out of our data input process, saving time and money.

Cons

It is VERY difficult to get assistance. When we have an issue, they are not easy to work with to resolve. Additionally, they do not issue invoices or receipts for charges causing problems for our auditors.

Response from MobileCause

Thank you, Demphna, for taking the time to provide your feedback on MobileCause. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the functionality of our fundraising software. We are disheartened to hear you found getting support from our Customer Success team difficult. We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer support. We will be reaching out to you to learn more about your experience so we can ensure your experience isn't replicated. Please know your experience with MobileCause support is the exception and we hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you the typical high standards our customers receive.

Replied June 2019

Lisa

MobileCause Review

I could not be happier with MobileCause. From the support team, to my account manager, to the digital specialist, they are so responsive and quick. I would recommend them to everyone looking for professional-looking and adaptive forms that are easy to use.

Pros

I like how it is constantly adapting to the needs of those of us that use it. With every update, it is becoming more dynamic, more user-friendly, and more flexible.

Cons

On our Giving Day, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to give to the area they wanted to without necessarily having to scroll through all of the teams. This resulted in my changing the pledges/keywords for every gift that came in to ensure that the designation was correct. Would love (and this is me just being selfish) that there was a way that the funds would go to the "buckets/teams" automatically. Again, looking at ease-of-use for the donor.

Allyyssa

Gift Intake Manager

Overall, I have been using MobileCause for a couple of years and it has been a good time. I enjoy being able to customize our giving page, setting up campaigns for various events, and the growth. I would suggest Mobile Cause to various companies that fundraise.

Pros

The ability to customize the giving page for our donors and monitoring the analytics. In addition, Mobile Cause is a fun software to use for fundraising, from its text to donate to its reoccurring donations features.

Cons

The least feature that I like about the Mobile Cause software is the interaction for the donors. I suggest allowing the donor to make a profile on the website, allowing them to have some involvement on the website.

Mikko

Easy to Customize Donation Forms

MobileCause allowed us to customize our giving forms to a greater degree than with any other platform and to only get that piece of software we wanted without the unnecessary expense of buying other CRM type components we already had and were happy with. If you just want a product to take care of one aspect of your operation and not change other systems MobileCause is a great choice and at a competitive price point.

Pros

The ability to really customize each form is fantastic.

Cons

The output of reports needs to be improved as old data and new data can get mixed together so you have to double check and cross check information.

Reasons for switching to MobileCause

Flexibility/customization and superior user interface and tools at a better price.

MobileCause