• Pros

• "Overall, it's pretty user friendly. Dashboard looks nice and information is generally easy to view. I like that our donation pages only have our logos/branding on it."

• "This donor management platform is really easy to use and intuitive. It has great functionality and they are adding requested tools as fast as they can. "

• "Very intuitive; basic reports, gift entry and exports are extremely easy and quick. Great visuals to which accompany giving reports"

• Cons

• "There are a few features, and I would really describe it as bells and whistles that would be nice to have. But value to feature to money it really is tough to beat Network for Good."

• "Actually, no real 'cons' to mention. Initial uploading of contact information was tough - but support staff was right along side of us (we did NOT have to do it manually, saving countless hours)."

• "Very small features that I wish they had but it makes sense that it isn't included based on the price point (e.g., resources to better communicate to prospective donors). "

Browse Network for Good Reviews

Michelle from Circus Harmony

Good donor software

Network for Good is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. It has streamlined our donations process, clean our data, allowed us to increase monthly giving and have a more robust reporting process.

Pros

Network for Good has an easy to use reports and filters with it’s own built in email platform. They have great, easily accessible customer service. It works great as a donor database and processor.

Cons

I would like the ability to change the format of our donation page (s). While NFG is not a CRM, it would still be helpful to be able to use the groups function more fully.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

As a smaller nonprofit, we needed software that could handle our needs but was also easy enough to implement.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

We were not happy with the limitations of Donorsnap

Kathleen from Fairy Godmother Foundation of NY, Inc

Industry: Fund-Raising

Excellent Donor Management / Communication Software

We are very happy with selecting Network for Good. We did in-depth research and demos with 8 donor management software companies. Our team that did the research unanimously selected Network for Good.

Pros

The software provides a foundation for donor management and communication with donors. We easily loaded our contacts from Mailchimp(c) and financial information from Quickbooks (c). The system is easy to use. It notifies us when a donation is made. I can check it on the phone. My favorite feature is that donations can be acknowledged with an individual custom video, easily made on your phone or laptop and sent to the donor via text or email. Our donors LOVE this. Reasons we selected the software were it automatically generates a receipt to donors that donate online; it was easy to set up; and the cost was reasonable.

Cons

There are some missing features. I would like to be able to send a video thank you do donors. At least I'd like to save a vdeo and send to many people. During our main giving season and gala, when donations are rapidly coming in, I would have to record numerous individual videos every night. I'd like to record a video and then send. Also, I would like to generate an automatic receipt for donations not thru our website, those sent in by check that we enter into the system.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

It had more of the essential features we required at a reasonable price. We also liked the customer service and orientation.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Mailchimp just gave us a mailing list. We needed a donor management system with communication features.

Katy from 4KIDS of South Texas

To stay with NFG or not to stay... this is the question

Pros

I’ve enjoyed the variety of the e-blast templates. I’ve recently had a very good experience w/ Customer Solutions Specialist, Lenny Wrigley who helped me troubleshoot a very urgent request for one of my donors.

Cons

The poor communication between the NFG Team and the customers paying for the services. One example was NFG changing e-mail servers and not warning the good paying customers. We lost a lot of communication with our donors the day before # givingtuesday

Response from Emily

Replied January 2018

Hi Katy, Thanks for sharing your feedback about your great experience with our support team member, Lenny! Regarding poor communication with our customers: Thank you for sharing your frank feedback. Hearing from customers is how we make improvements. Speaking of improvements... We're constantly evolving our customer communication and outreach every week. We are working on some team restructuring which will allow us to have better 1:1 as well as more streamlined mass communication with our donor management customers. Furthermore, our customer marketing manager and product manager have started to put together product update notes and we share them at least once a month (when the notes are released they will be the first thing you see when you log in to the donor management system. Various product updates are also included in the customer version of our weekly Tips Newsletter). We're also increasing the number of customer webinars we provide to share strategy ideas, details on product improvements, as well as an open Q&A time with our customer base. We hope you can join us for as many webinars are you are able! Our team has fixed the issue that delayed some of our customers' email sends that were scheduled around #GivingTuesday. We apologize for our system sending these emails much later than they were scheduled for. Our team identified and fixed the issue after this experience: We have more dedicated servers at the ready to support a large volume of emails being sent through our system at once. Because of feedback from customers like you, we worked quickly to make this improvement before the biggest three giving days of the year (Dec 29,30,31) and we had very few timing issues with email sends after we made this improvement. If you ever have product feedback or questions for us, you can always reach the team (and most likely Lenny!) by clicking the blue dot to open up the messaging tool in your donor management system. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kimberly from Journey House Foundation, Inc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

From Rookie to Professional during a pandemic!

When we signed on with NFG, I had no Donor Management Software experience. I was the definition of a Rookie! In addition, our organization was small, but growing rapidly, and the donor records were not in the best order when I joined the staff. The task to get it all organized and ready to upload in the system was the hardest part, but the NFG team was encouraging and helpful. Our initial contact list was pretty small, but it has more than doubled in a year! Our fundraising coach was amazing from the beginning! She was patient, encouraging, held me accountable, and was so dedicated to our success! In between our meetings, I would participate in webinars to expand my knowledge of the software and new fundraising strategies during a worldwide pandemic! When I look at all that we have learned and how far we have come in a year, I am in awe and full of gratitude and appreciation for the Network for Good team! I can say with confidence I am no longer a "Rookie," but consider myself a professional, ready and eager to learn more! I smile thinking about where we will be at this time next year because I know the Network for Good team will continue to coach and encourage us on towards excellence in the fundraising field! Thank you for having faith in us and for continuing to develop strong, confident fundraising leaders, even in the midst of the uncertainty, challenge and difficulty our country and world has faced this year.

Pros

First and foremost, we love the customer service and support team! They make you feel at ease from the start and they walk you through the entire process. We love the webinars, resource library, video message feature, built in email system and the text-to-give feature. The task bar keeps you on track and the Activity feed allows you to see what your team has been working on if you need a quick reference.

Cons

Because there are so many features, sometimes I forget how to navigate to something. This is more due to my "Rookie" status, than the software.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We love the built in email system and the video feature! We also like the customer service!

Ben from Silver Spring Neighborhood Center

A review from someone who never writes reviews

Overwhelmingly positive. If you're a development director, at least consider looking into this software. It has made my job so much easier. I am not someone who gushes for companies or products often, but this has made my life/job SO much easier, I am NFG's newest and biggest microphone. 10/10 would recommend

Pros

The simplicity. Anyone who is reading this who is thinking of getting out of eTapestry or something because of how ludicrously non-intuitive it is, this is your software. I love how straight forward and user friendly it is. Everything just makes sense and is so easy to use.

Cons

I honestly don't really any glaring con, at least yet. It took me a second to figure out the texting aspect but doing a quick webinar with them explained everything. Every small issue I've had was easily explained by their help desk or webinars or whatever. Very easy to get help, unlike past platforms we've been on

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We looked at a bunch of platforms, I don't even remember which one. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], a rep for NFG, reached out to me. Maybe she's just a good sales woman but something looked different about this platform. Nothing was too pushy or salesy and everything was so user friendly, from the emails to the website to the sales process.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Because eTapestry is one of the most infuriating platforms I've ever worked with. Nothing is straight forward, no customer service, the design is not user friendly... even cancelling the services was a pain after paying thousands of dollars for over a decade.

Marnie from Spokane Valley Summer Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

NFG is completely worth it!

NFG is not only fundraising software, but our database. It's so easy to use and really helped us keep our donors organized. The campaigns, communication tools and reporting are SO easy! And the customer service is out of this world. I also like that NFG is the software connected to Facebook and other social media platforms for their giving (like birthday fundraisers).

Pros

The software is intuitive, but if I ever need help, the customer service is superior! Someone is always available almost immediately.

Cons

I do wish there was an app for my phone. It's still easy to use on a phone browser, but I feel like an app would be easier for immediate video messaging and some of the other features.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

Each of the alternative products offered us something, but NFG offered them all together. It's an easy format, and there is always help available. We have DOUBLED our giving in the last six months.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Needed a central place to keep our giving data, that was easy to set up and report from. NFG helped us import all of our previous contacts and giving from those other databases.

Sharan from Fashion Umbrella Foundation

If You Are Running A Non-Profit You Need This

OUR OVERALL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL.

Pros

We love the feature and the professionalism of the product. Since using Network for Good’s software donors take us more seriously. The onboarding is a MUST to be successful in the implementation of the software doe your organization. Here’s A Tip: If you are camera shy let that go take it from us or donors and member LOVE the videos. JUST DO IT!!

Cons

The only CON I have with the software is the price. We thought it was a bit pricey, but we do not see how we can go without it, so we are strategically making sure when it’s time to register we are ready. Save Up and JUSY DO IT! Plus with each donation check there is also the opportunity to apply for a grant.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

The contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (we cannot remember his last name) was extremely persistent and answered all of our questions and eliminated our hesitation. THANK YOU.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

In order to be respected you have to step your game up.

Kate from Jacksonville Historical Society

Network For Good Doing Good for Jacksonville Historical Society

We have improved donor management with these tools.

Pros

Contact management; communications; campaigns; reports; easy integration.

Cons

Would like more user control over text in forms generated by NFG, such as the automatic donation acknowledgement, which begins "Hi!". We prefer a more formal address to our constituents.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

We still use PastPerfect for our archiving and collections, however the donor management functionality was difficult to use. We had also used MadMimi for our newsletters and eblasts, but wanted to keep everything in one application.

Trudi from Dance Theatre of Harlem

Still a few bugs in the system

We've had a lot of problems with dupes and figuring out the best way to dispose of dead records. Sometimes, all the information isn't there.

Pros

The product is easy to use, but it takes a while to find all of its uses. I like that it's easy to delete a record, but it's sometimes hard to know all the cogs that are moving for what I want to do. I'm used to a database acting one way and NFG acts differently from what I'm used to.

Cons

I wish I could work through a problem as I encounter it.

My Company made the switch

Gary from Leather Archives & Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

New NFG Customer

Overall, very good. Much easier to use than most comparable products. Intuitive and well laid out. Easy navigation and easy to create multiple campaigns as ways for people to give.

Pros

Really intuitive and easy to use interface. Pretty simple to jump right in and figure most things out. Integrates well with online giving to make data management seamless. SImple communication options makes it easy to track letters, emails and texts.

Cons

A few small features not really available or easy to do. Need a set field where it is simple for a donor to ask to be anonymous or be identified differently form their name, rather than having to create custom fields. Need a way to easily establish membership categories as most museums have membership as a type of giving. Need ability to "invoice" a donor to make it easier to just send out an email with a click to pay option as done in square.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Looking for an easier to use system

Hossein from Iranian American Community Center

Software is software but what makes NfG different is the people

Excellent and easy deployment.

Pros

As with any software we do run into problems from time to time. What we have come to depend on is that everytime we run into a problem, we get a solution from the support team. In terms of functionality, the things we like the most are: - Email toll is easy to use, setup and send - Ticket Sales - We are a community center so pre-COVID we did lots of in-house events, and post-COVID we now do lots of virtual events. Its been great for both uses - Creating Donation Pages - The WYSIWYG editor is intuitive and easy to use. Setting up new donation pages takes just a few minutes! - End of Year reporting - Pretty self-explanatory - Quickbook Integration -

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

Price, service, ease of use and value

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

We needed a easier to use platform for our smaller non-profit

Bethany from Guatemala Aid Fund

So Impressed with Network for Good Software

Excellent experienc for all of these! As a person with NO EXPERIENCE at all in any type of Donor Management system, it was quite easy for me to get started, and then with the incredibly helpful support staff, I am growing in my capabilities and understanding of the depth of capabilities in the software for all of these things: Donor Information Management Donor thank yous - so easy Donor Information analaysis - amazing tools, and custom selecting for emails/annuncements etc. Newsletter design capabilities Email design and sending capabilities Text capabilities Information feedback from outreach materials. Pretty much everything is great!

Pros

When I was walked through the introductory DEMO, and purchased the softwared I had NO idea how advanced it is, and the many options it has. Not only does it effectively and efficiently track donors, allow deposit into your bank account directly, it provides incredible analytical tools and outreach capabilities. The email, text, and Newsletter capabilities are so professional and are so well organized. The product support is fantastic. From on boarding to actively using they really are there for you. We are a small 100% volunteer non-profit, so this is all on our own time, and it is incredible to have this team at Network for Good to help us with this area of our Non-profit. It is a large expenditure for us because 100% of our donations go directly to our causes, and we are fairly small, but it is absolutely worth it for the incredible amount of time I save in account management, donor information management, and not to mention the incredible publicity and outreach tools. THANK YOU NETWORK FOR GOOD! I could not have imagined that it would be this good.. Thank you for assisting small non-profits like us... to some real good, very professionally! Gracias

Cons

Review capability of email blasts. but this is a tiny tiny thing. It is awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We chose Network for good due to capabilities, cost for our 100% non-profit, the amazing customer support that continues after you purchase it. Really great integration of not just donor management and financial tracking, but also all the marketing type interfaces with emails, texts and newsletter capabilities all in one software package. Their staff are kind, helpful, and answer all of your questions, with helpful responses and personal one on one trainging as well as the online help. Great Job Network for Good... Easy to use and Beautiful ... Thank you from the Guatemala Aid Fund!

Jordana from Goodwill Industries of Moncacy Valley, Inc.

How AWESOME is that!

In my experience, the donor staff often serves dual or multiple roles, breaking in a new system generally requires more time that you already have so little of. This was a huge factor in decision making for me, NFG doesn’t have a steep learning curve and their support to transition is the BEST. I’m well acquainted with the “Blackbaud’s Raiser Edge and e-Tapestry”, as well as others and unless you have unlimited financial resources and a dedicated staff/dept, I would steer clear of long standing desktop based programs such as these -Easy and/or no cost access to customer service, either by phone, text or knowledge base -NFG has been outstanding in all areas -I have called NFG with an urgent need and the response was IMMEDIATE! I try to do the homework on my end and not take advantage of NFG’s tech support to have to respond to “fire” -My experience with BB at my previous organization; I instant messaged tech support with a question they replied…great question, I’m not sure, let me kick it up to our data support and someone will get back to you very soon. That was over a year ago, never got a response. -Often there is an additional cost or step up in pricing for immediate access to tech support -Cutting edge technology that continues to improve itself. From their earliest platform I find that NFG continues to improve and maximize the end user experience • Easier DAMN reporting

Pros

Everything! Set up was a breeze and with NFG I could hit the ground running

Cons

Haven't found a con yet, NFG suits our current needs perfectly

Cutting edge technology and

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

My personal opinion is BB is still around due to it's past reputation and outrageous fee structure. Dinosaurs and the learning curve is way to steep for 1 single user. Frankly, I truly can’t say enough about my experience with NFG, from my first contact with the reps several years ago, to today’s webinar on “end of the year fundraising”. We are still in the beginning stages of our capital campaign, and I want to be transparent, I am not a NFG power user yet, as I currently serve as the EA for the CEO and support to our Workforce Development department and Marketing. When I was in the research stage of donor crm platform options, I compared, 3 desktop and 3 web/cloud based platforms; listed the pros/cons, as well as called references of similar organizations (I was Admin Dir for a Boys and Girls club for 5 yrs). In other words be able to sell the cost to our Board of Directors, we needed something more than an excel spreadsheet. I don’t want to minimize that other programs aren’t worthwhile; there are many factors that went into my decision. What I can say is… I’d rather use a program that’s efficient AND enhances my work life…rather than something that I have to battle to master, NFG was #1 and best choice for us. The fact that thru my many interactions and work with NFG confirms choice it was the RIGHT choice and icing on the cake.

Johnna from Depth PR

Reputable website among active donors with dinosaur functionality and page design.

Pros

For three years, I worked at grassroots nonprofit that has been around for more than 2 decades. Network for Good was the donation service we used to accept all online donations. Trusted among lifetime donor/philanthropist types It seems like many boomer-aged donors who have been engaged in long-term philanthropy are familiar with and trust the website. Donation Pages: Donors can indicate whether they want to make a one-time donation or a recurring monthly donation. As an admin you can pre-set donation amounts and/or let donor indicate any amount that they would like to donate (although there is a minimum donation amount). Network for Good also allows you to customize a set number of campaign pages for no additional charge to their standard subscription fee. As a legacy customer, our non-profit enjoyed the benefit of a grandfathered-in lower monthly rate in addition to access to ConstantContact, which was great. Reports: You could pull donor reports (download as excel) by dates and campaign type and then sort by criteria. Customer service was very good. Wait times were always short and phone reps were very knowledgeable and able to help.

Cons

The interface for customizing donation pages was truly terrible. Even though Network for Good provided design template options, it was very challenging to make the text appear on the page as it was supposed to. You had to go through like 10 different screen categories, in order, and fill out little forms containing the information that you would want to be displayed. When you specify donation amounts, you need to enter them in the order that is to appear lest you want to spend thirty minutes toggling arrows only to have the site freeze. If the nonprofit I was at didn't have the legacy version that included ConstantContact, I would have recommended getting rid of the subscription. The donation processing fee is no less than that of any other payment processing service. In fact, other sites that do not charge a monthly usage fee (gofundme, eventbrite, etc.) provide much better functionality and even other bonus services. I get that the site wants to be super secure and that as nonprofit you want to collect as much donor info as possible, but it would be great if people could make a donation without having to fill out ALL of their personal information: name, address + payment address (if different), phone and email. I think that this deters younger donors or anyone who wants to donate quickly/impulse donations.

September 2016

Rebekah from Art Jewelry Forum

September 2016

Easy to use and time-saving donor management system

Our small nonprofit struggled with finding a way to manage our donors and Network For Good (NFG) provided a perfect solution. The amount of time I save with the software automating many of the data entry I used to do manually is incredible. That it is cloud based and multiple users can access means that I am no longer the only person who can access our financial numbers and donor contacts, so the bookkeeper and key stakeholders can access the information they need without having to go through me.

Pros

-Time saving through data automation -Ease of use, both for understanding the system and navigation through the pages -Quick response from customer support << so important! -Willingness of customer support to take suggestions to improve the database -The increase in donors selecting options that directly increase giving, specifically paying processing fees and opting for recurring donations, is making a big difference to our organization's bottom line -Clear visual represenations of the data to quickly understand recent activity and to see the financial progress -Integrated emailing through Constant Contact--a system we already use--helps to communicate easier with small segments of our donors, making them feel more into the organization -Customizable event registration integrated into the database is HUGE for us since a large portion of our donations are collected in relation to trips and dinners.

Cons

-The emails sent through the database using Constant Contact aren't completely customizable, I would like to have the link color be controllable so our visual branding is consistent across platforms. -The two portals to access the NFG websites (donor database and the dashboard for our the account) were difficult to differentiate at first since they both open to a dashboard--it took weeks for my people to understand the difference (my people tend to be over 65 and less computer savvy) -Custom questions asked during checkout still have to be entered manually--this should be automated -I am still new to the system and discovering things that are a little off from what I am used to with the previous way we dealt with our donors, however, NFG is very responsive to helping me find work arounds that utilize the features of the software

Great Fundraising Tool

Implementation was quick and painless and the monthly check-ins were appreciated.

Pros

Network for Good is aesthetically pleasing and makes every effort to be clear in where data is held. The live graphics of fundraising goals and the website integration are amazing.

Cons

This is not a tool for organizing or for engaging your base.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

I genuinely did not like my customer service rep with Blackbaud. Had I not had him, we would have chosen Blackbaud.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Salesforce is not a CRM for nonprofits and fundraising.

jenine from Culture For One

NFG has changed our org for the better!

You need to know this - the customer service we've received from Network For Good is AMAZING. I am serious! We had Neon before, and it was like pulling teeth to get ANY help. I am a customer service maven and I hated dealing with neon but I LOVE dealing with Network For Good because they help us to feel as if they value our business. The chat function works almost immediately and every query has resulted in a viable solution. What's not to love?

Pros

The reporting feature in Network For Good is intuitive and easy to use and integration with Neon was nearly seamless. We were able to cancel our email service with another company since Network For Good enables sending eblasts from the CRM - literally at the click of a mouse! And this system adjusts the profile should a donor unsubscribe. We are saving money and enjoying using this CRM - and I cannot say enough about their attentive customer service!

Cons

I'll let you know once I figure this out because I haven't encountered a problem yet!

Price and ease of use!

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Extracting Reports wasn't intuitive nor easy and their customer service seemed designed to discourage us from contacting them.

Sylvia from Helping Hand Mission

Excellent Service

Very efficient, professional and simple to use.

Pros

Our non profit agency has used Network for Good for 10 years. We have received 100% of monies donated. Whether it was for fundraising or just a donor wanting to help, we have received donations on a timely basis. This year has been especially hard helping families due to COVID 19. Through the initiative Project Uplift program, we have been serving children, the homeless and seniors with daily meals, protective masks and in many cases, a place to stay. Knowing that Network for Good is a secure site to manage donations has made it really easy for us. So far, we have the Mission has served 8,000 meals since the start of this pandemic. We thank our front line heroes for the dedication in keeping our resources available for families in need. Hats off to Network for Good. We truly appreciate your honesty and your transparency in helping us be more efficient in our efforts in helping those less fortunate. They have expanded our program and allowed us to help seniors, the homeless and youths.

Cons

Software is very easy to manuever. I never experienced an issue and when I did, customer service walked me through, step by step.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

The elements we sought for our financial management of donations and fundraising met our needs perfectly.

Lisa from The Village Learning Center, Inc

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Incredible ROI with increased funds generated and time saved

The COVID-19 crisis has created new challenges for our organization financially. NFG had created a step by step task and template for the #GivingTuesdayNow national fundraising event on May 5, 2020. It was too easy to not take advantage of the three simple steps with the templates they had created and a few extra images I grabbed from Canva. With less than one hour of work, we raised $19,400 over 3 days.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use have had a tremendous impact on our ability to function more effectively as a small development team. We spent two years trying to muddle our way through ETapestry/Blackbaud's tools. The NFG platform is very intuitive, and even our less tech-savvy support has been able to jump in and work in the NFG system. It has also been very useful in helping us to sort out duplicates and update our contacts. We have not tried the Quickbooks integration yet, but it was a factor in our decision to move forward with this product.

Cons

There are fewer integrations with other systems at this time, for example, SurveyMonkey.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

We needed something that actually worked for our team at our level. The total number of man-hours spent each week recoding information and trying to use Blackbaud's eTapestry has gone from 30+ to an average of 5 hours of regular data and input work. If we are working on a special campaign or communication you can add another couple of hours to that time. That is equal to one entire staff member that has had their time freed up for other necessary activities.

Wendy from Mittens for Detroit

August 2016

Extremely satisfied with Network For Good!

Our small nonprofit has benefited greatly by using Network For Good. It is the perfect fit for our growing charity. We started using it simply for receiving online donations, and now we use it for event management and donor database management. It has been a great experience since we began using NFG three years ago. We have just started using the Donor Database Management tool, and it has made this year's donor outreach extremely easy. Because of this new tool, we have a handle on our donor information in ways that we have not been to before. We have no complaints whatsoever about Network For Good.

Pros

NFG is very user-friendly (both on the donor and nonprofit ends). The few times that we had support issues or questions, they were answered immediately with total professionalism. Donation pages are extremely easy to set up, with clear instructions and tips along the way. The feedback from our donors has all been positive. The team at NFG is professional and efficient. We have enjoyed a very positive relationship.

Cons

Honestly, we can't think of anything negative. Any problem we have had has been remedied immediately and professionally.

Tashi from Wands for Wildlife

Switched from another system that I used for 10+ years

Just blown away at the onboarding process and the support team. Responsive and kind - two things that seem to be harder to come by in the world right now.

Pros

The customer service support and training to get set up and learn the system was exceptional. I like how easy it is to acknowledge and there is an option for doing a personalized video thank you and eblasts.

Cons

Just learning something different from what I have used for 10+ years. There are a few small things I have provided feedback on that would make data entry more efficient, but other than that very pleased.

See above answer

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

This is a new nonprofit that started from a program at another organization where I choose and used DonorPerfect because I had used it at two other nonprofits. In comparing the two, we invested in Network for Good because of the user friendly interface and video/text options.

Ricci from Woodhull Freedom Foundation

August 2016

It's not just the database; it's the people behind it!

From the first phone call to NFG I knew I was dealing with a very special organization with some very special people. I mattered; my organization's needs mattered; what I had to say mattered. And that has continued from that first call through every single call with every single person at NFG. We're a small organization and so this had to be something we could manage in house and that made sense for us. We don't have the budget (or the inclination) to pay for expensive customizations that we ended up needing with other products. The NFG database is made for organizations that deal with donors. You can absolutely tell that the people who built this product know their customers and their customers' needs. If I had to pick one word to describe my experience with NFG, I'd pick "responsive." When I email or call, I get an instant response. When I want to talk out a process I'm not tolerated - I'm welcomed! When I have a need that isn't yet part of the database, I know I'm taken seriously and that whatever I've identified is now part of NFG's plans for the future. I needed a real partner with software that would do what I wanted it to do - with donors, not "customers" - and I got both with Network for Good!

Pros

It's a donor relationship manager. It's not a sales tool that we'd have to customize for dealing with donors. It's intuitive. It's easy to learn. It makes sense for the way we interact with our donors and supporters.

Cons

I haven't found a con except that, as an early adopter, all of the features aren't yet optimized - but everything I need to do my work now is already live and working!

Can't say enough Good about Network for Good!

We have been able to fine tune our donor base and communicate with donors we thought we had lost. In addition, the built in communication tracking is wonderful. We can see who opens what, when, and what they click on.

Pros

What's not to like? Customer service is one of the best in any CRM/Donor management I've ever used. The product has a ton of features and ability to communication through video, text, email, and direct mail.

Cons

I would like the query feature to format into a "report" look. I have to take the queries and then format them before sharing with teams. Folks like a report to look like a report rather than excel sheet. Also would like to be able to do more with households.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Needed much more functionality and they were phasing out product.

Donna from Kingdom Kidz Inc.

Awesomeness of Network for Good

Thank you notes are easier to write because of the templates. Network for Good guides me through the process of gathering donors, recording, tracking, and growing our business.

Pros

It is user friendly with videos to help me learn how to use it.

Cons

The cost compared to other products we have purchased.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

The templates makes the email blasts so easy to write and send.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Network for Good offers so much more!

Ann from East Texas CASA

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Network for Good is a great way for us as a non profit to track our incoming donations. We are sent email notifications when a new donation is added directly other then our staff manually entering it, to ensure we can send out an acknowledgement letter or email. There are several tutorial opportunities to learn how to navigate the site and get the most out of it.

Pros

It's handy to be able to store all our contacts to send email blasts and to have their information all in one place. All donations done via Facebook and our organization donation web page, are automatically added into Network for Good. The software is very user friendly to enter donations. I like how acknowledgement letters are integrated into the program to ensure we thank our donors in a timely fashion. Any time I have a problem I know I can send a message via live chat and get the answer I am looking for.

Cons

I cannot point out any cons at this point for I am still learning all the different features Network for Good has to offer. Any questions I do have, someone from live chat helps me out and their quick response is pretty amazing!

Dylan from Bethany for Children & Families

A Giant Leap for Our Organization

We migrated to Network for Good from a robust "industry standard" platform. Not only did we gain the cloud functionality and syncing between donor and campaign management, but we are also organically improving our data, simply through the lessons we are learning by using a state-of-the-art solution. We have had excellent customer support at every step of the way, from the initial sales calls to data preparation and migration to continuing support and beyond.

Pros

Even though there are things that require getting used to (which would be the case with any new platform), migrating to Network for Good has been a relatively seamless, painless, and enjoyable process, and the company is regularly making improvements to platform functionality based on client feedback. Network for Good's donor and campaign management systems already have excellent functionalities, are both very easy to use, and the interfaces are simple, big, bright, and pleasing to the eye.

Cons

Since the platform is created as a "one size fits all" package for all of Network for Good's clients, our organization has less control over relationship and reporting mechanisms. This would be an issue with any Software as a Service solution, and isn't a criticism of Network for Good or its software. In fact, Network for Good has been enthusiastic and nimble in working with us to implement adjustments that address our legacy donor management issues that resulted from migrating data from our previous platform.

Shalom from Operation Benjamin

Great Value -- Exceptional Support

The software is very good and people have clearly take this development task very seriously. And it's geared towards technical idiots -- and I'm happily in that camp! So if I can figure this out, anyone with a little patience can. But all of this takes second fiddle to the corporate culture they seem to have developed. The support folks REALLY want you to succeed and they have a lot of good advice, and plenty of patience to help you navigate the system. If I had one complaint it's that the one-on-one training sessions are 30 minutes rather than 45 or 60 minutes. But folks, that's minor compared to the enormous positives in this software platform. Now that I know what I know, I would do this again with zero hesitation.

Pros

The developer's seem to have thought of just about everything. Once you get oriented, it is fairly easy to use and you're provided with many options to enhance donor & campaign management you may not have even considered before.

Cons

My initial training/on-boarding was complete chaos and I was fearing I had made a terrible mistake in deciding on this route. I was getting advice from too many people -- but the advice consisted of links to things that made no sense at all to me. I complained somewhat loudly about this issue. It was a super-frustrating for a week or so. BUT, once it got all straightened out and I had my initial one-on-one training session (which should have been the FIRST thing to happen before any other emails) things totally changed to be a completely positive experience.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

I read on-line reviews and watched a number of demonstration videos.

Dave from H.E.R.O.E.S. Care, Inc.

Outstanding value for any size charity!

Having the ability to host our donation management platform and our donation portal page with one entity is a money saver, too!

Pros

As the primary user of the platform at our charity, I find the ease of analyzing data and the process of generating reports and custom donor lists seamless, extremely use friendly, and are huge time savers for me.

Cons

As for the donor page, the one thing which is lacking is to have a corporate match functionality built into the process to make it easy for the donors to determine if their company has a program, how to find it, and how to engage it.

Response from Network for Good

Replied August 2018

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for sharing this review! We're so glad H.E.R.O.E.S. Care is finding success with our Donor Management System. Also, I will make sure the product team sees your note about employee matching. Not sure if that's something we could build in or not, but I will definitely bring this idea to their attention! -Liz, Customer Success

Hebert from Bread of Hope

Falling in love with NFG

I just love how I can rely on a system that helps me connect with my donors, making so much of my work easier and giving me time to focus on what I need to.

Pros

the integration of so many features that allows you to connect several services in one place. I'm using less and less other services for contacting donors, events, donations, and using just the Network for Good donation management system. I also like the customer service available. It's great to have a team helping you through all the craziness of fundraising. I also like how NFG is constantly incorporating new technology in their system.

Cons

I wish some features would give me more customization options. Like, donation pages, forms, ​and direct mail, but I can perfectly work with all the available features.

For a non-profit there are better options

We keep the account open in case someone chooses to give thru it, but it's not a priority to us to actively pursue using it.

Pros

We like the ability to reach a broad audience, and NFG does have a broader audience

Cons

The percentage on transaction fees - for a budget conscious non-profit, there are better options out there. Also the timing to get funds to the account. We were set up with NFG for quite some time and suddenly received a check in the mail with funds from 6 months prior with a note saying they could not locate our organization. We have since set up ACH with them, but they could have done more to locate us and get the donor funds to us sooner.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Hi there! From your review it sounds like you have a free account with us (using our donation processing service for nonprofits and not using any of our software products for donation pages or our donor management system). I wanted to let you know that we do have a lower fee structure for our subscription-based donation pages vs our free online donation platform. And, I'm sorry about the time it took to get the check to you! We always recommend nonprofits keep their address updated with Guidestar as that is the "nonprofit database of record" for many in the nonprofit space. However, I'm glad you signed up for ACH! Thanks for your feedback! -Liz, Customer Success

Stacey from Dreams With Wings Inc.

Amazing customer Support

Our annual Appeal was over double using the software for 2 months. The communications aspect really allowed us to reach donors more effectively.

Pros

The communication options in the software has taken our donor outreach to a new level. Creating a template and then changing it as needed is very easy. The on-line customer support is fantastic. You put your question in the chat while you are working and many times they get back to you with an hour to so. They always have an easy fix and usually teach you something new in the process. It is a super easy interface. They also have lots of self help articles and videos that tell you everything you need to know!

Cons

Be sure your exported files are as clean as possible. We had a lot of duplicates from multiple files so that took awhile to clean up. They don't have an on-line auction module yet but I feel like that is just a matter of time since a lot of people are requesting that and they are pretty responsive to customer needs.

Darcie from Living Journeys

Customer service like none other

Pros

In today's world outstanding customer service backed with a genuine desire to improve is hard to find. The software is easy to use and learn as a new user, but when it's not there is someone standing by ready to help. When the software can't perform as you wish, there are people listening and working to improve the software. I couldn't ask for more effort from the people working behind the scenes to make this program exactly what we needed.

Cons

Although I know they are working on improving the event side of their software, I found the program insufficient for one of our events, which is a running race. I think network for good can be as good as other race programs, they just aren't set up for an event that needs details on age classes, birthdates and assigns bibs.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Thank you for this review! I'm glad to hear that our customer support has exceeded your expectations! And you are right, we are actively working on updating our events pages and will have more features released for event pages in early 2019! - Liz, Customer Success

Carol from Youth Action Project, Inc.

NFG New User

We have started to fund raise! So far so good.

Pros

All in one. Funding is directly in NFG and not Paypal or something else. Option for donors to pay fees has worked well. Very easy to learn and use. Extremely easy to set up.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

Ease of use and all in one feature

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Wasn't working for us anymore. Difficult to filter and group data

Shelby from New Life Ranch

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Alright product, No customer service

Absolutely no customer service. I mean, there is a phone number, but it doesn't actually offer you service. The representatives are largely unhelpful and fairly rude.

Pros

The user interface is fairly intuitive, and creates an ease of reporting.

Cons

I have had several data discrepancies between linked donations and what a pledge shows as paid, and I have not been able to get Customer Service to assist me in any way. Over the course of 2 phone calls, I have been on hold for 80 minutes and talked to a representative for a total of 5 minutes, where they ended up telling me they don't know what the issue is and they'll give me a call back, but that it could take days, or longer.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Hi Shelby, So sorry that you had a negative experience with our customer support team. We are working on hiring and training more support reps so that our wait times will be shorter. You can also send us a message and chat with a representative inside donor management. We typically get responses to customers faster using the in-app messenger. I will have someone follow up with you regarding the link pledges.

Natasha from The Friends of Vander Veer

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great for Non-profits

Very good! Helping our organization raise more money by using online campaigns, which we have never done before. Network for good has brought us up-to-date with current technology and will let us use this technology as a strategy to raise more important funding for our mission!

Pros

I like the way my donor information is presented. Very easy to see at a glance how many and how much any campaign has raised. Easy to see my donors and see if they were acknowledged for their donations. The layout is great and the ease to enter donations and write and use acknowledgements is wonderful! Fun to make donor videos!

Cons

I want to be able to re-send the same donor video after I have made it. The email blast templates are good, but not as easy to use as some I have worked with.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We had Donorperfect. This is so much easier to use, ties in the onling giving campaigns and donor acknowledgment so well! I am very happy with the switch to Network for Good!

Candy from ABIDE

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Gamechanger for no profits!

Overall, the Team at Network for Good is very helpful and available. The resources are helpful for small/growing nonprofits as well as larger ones. I have used the resources for a few years prior to using the software. Its has been a gamechanger for the work I do full-time as well as my time serving as a Board Member.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up campaigns and donation pages! I also REALLY appreciate all t he training and resources that are available for free!

Cons

I did not like that I wasn't using it sooner. I've only used it for a few months and I have enjoyed the little that I have used.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Candy, I love that your con is that you regret not using us sooner! :) Thanks for the review!

Leslie from United Way Galveston County Mainland

Good software with one-on-one coaching

Overall, I'm beyond satisfied with this product and I feel that the value of the product I receive is well worth the cost. I would recommend this product to others, especially individuals who are responsible for fundraising or donor tracking. This product is comparable to other software products and better than most.

Pros

This company offers personal coaching for non-profit users to best utilize the software to get the most benefit for your dollar. No matter what size company, this software can be personalized to fit your needs. The value of the software is determined by how the software is used. I prefer to implement just this software for all my needs and I eliminated spreadsheets, paper files, and all other reporting systems.

Cons

There were a few times that I needed to contact customer support and the hold time is sometimes a bit long. I wish there were more training resources for users to troubleshoot on their own.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Hi Leslie! Thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you like working with your coach. :) I hear your feedback about customer support. We do have in-app messaging that tends to work well for most customers and we are working on making sure we keep the phone volume as low as possible. Furthermore, our knowledge base (when logged into donor management, click Help in the top right corner) is full of resources that we hope you'll find helpful! Thanks for the review and the feedback the review and the feedback! -Liz, Customer Success

Elizabeth from Sustainable Villages Honduras

Industry: International Affairs

Network for Good has been an excellent partner with our new nonprofit organization.

Actual interactions with staff either by electronically (message bubble) or by phone have been excellent. As treasurer and chief fundraiser for our small organization that operated for 10 years under host organizations and just just recently got its IRS tax exempt status I am very pleased we chose NFG to work with and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I do like the easy access to some much info on our contacts. Actual interactions with staff either by electronically (message bubble) or by phone have been excellent. I can download it easilyto excel easily to do further planning and analysis. The distinction between the sections for donor management and fundraising is very clear and make it easy for the new user organization.

Cons

I tried to get started without reading enough of the information from the knowledge base and so had to correct items or just be frustrated for awhile. Could be a check off list for new users to print or keep in line that are top dozen actions that help new users and that would stress using the knowledge base and getting your computer set up for the webinars. I have missed two webinars because I wasn't set up far enough in advance. The ready talk help was good sometimes and an endless loop of written tips another time. Vimeo is its own challenge. I do like the easy access to some much info on our contacts.

Julie from Center for Hearing and Speech

Disappointed

Pros

ability to create individual fundraising pages

Cons

1) They are providing inaccurate data. That makes it difficult to analyze information to make decisions. 2) They know they are providing inaccurate data, but are not taking action to correct it. 3) Customer service representatives told me this has been an issue for some time and yet they are still not fixing it. They suggested I call back every few months.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

ability to link with online giving

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Integration with personal fundraising pages and donor management

Response from Network for Good

Replied July 2019

Hi Julie! This is Liz with the customer team at Network for Good. I spoke with my colleague, Kristine, who talked with you about the question you had about your data. I learned that the issue you are experiencing has to do with how our system reports ticket sales vs donations that are synced from your Network for Good Fundraising Pages. Currently, the system reports the two separately. From what I understand from your conversation with Kristine is that you'd like for this information to all be included in the lifetime giving total. We've given this feedback to our tech team who will research this with other customers to see if it's a common request. I do want to make sure that you know that the data (tickets sales vs donations) is not inaccurate! But I do realize that how it's reported makes you feel less confident about using the data to analyze your donor's giving history. I am sorry for that. As I mentioned above, we have reported this to our tech team!

C. Michael from Bite Me Cancer Founation

What a GREAT help!

Staff was great during the transition and always helpful.

Pros

It's very user friendly, mobile friendly and has many features that make it easy for us to fundraise and track our donor and partner hospitals. Also has a great newsletter feature that is also easy to use and track.

Cons

Some of the event features, to this point, have been lacking, but recently they seem to be adding more features and we are looking forward to learning how to use them.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Hi Michael! Thanks for writing the review! We have added a handful of new features for event ticketing so I hope the improvements have made your life easier :)

Elinor from ¡Adelante Latina!

Great service and great product!

Our experience with Network for Good has been very positive. It enabled us to better organize our donor records and better understand donor behaviors and levels of engagement with our organization.

Pros

Network for Good provides easy and seamless integration between our donorbase/contacts and their engagement with our organization. This enables us to better understand their desire to support our work and how to approach them for future correspondences and donation requests.

Cons

I would like to be able to have my students record "thank you" messages on their phones and send them to me to upload into donor letters. I cannot do that right now.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We participated in a yearlong free training and trial.

Reasons for Switching to Network for Good

Constant Contact didn't allow us to integrate our donor management.

Not for large or fast-growing nonprofits

We haven't had the best experience with Network For Good. It seems like they would be a better fit for smaller organizations. We are mid-sized but are growing quickly and it doesn't suit our needs well.

Pros

Cons

Reporting is not intuitive. Customer service is not the best. Donation pages have minimal customization.

Price

Janice from Global Kids, Inc.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

They are expensive!

There are cheaper ways to create a donate page, you just have to do your research.

Pros

It's very easy to use, intuitive, straightforward, easy to set up. They also provide occasional fundraising tips via an e-newsletter that are solid. They offer Peer-to-Peer fundraising as a component of their packages.

Cons

You have to pay for each additional donate page you wish to create beyond what you get in your bundle. They offer different packages, but all have a monthly hosting charge in addition to the standard credit card fee. Once you start using it, it's hard to wean yourself off.

Terri from Health Care Center for the Homeless, Inc.

Great for Branding Donation Options

Pros

I like that they are able to brand your donation page to you. Years ago we used another option that was obviously sending you away from our website. No branding or anything - just a way to donate. Network for Good kept the donor in our world, giving the donation page the look and feel of our website. Their customer service is great and they are always ready to assist. I am a one-person development/fundraising shop, so I wish I had more time to explore all the options they make available. They reach out on a regular basis to inform me of new or better options - I just don't always have the time to really investigate.

Cons

I may be behind the times, but my only con is all the information that you have to complete to make a donation. This is more on me than them - finding the time to explore all the options available and if there are updated versions that are simpler.

Janice from Solar CITIES: Global Biogas Education

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Human Touch!

Very positive.

Pros

I can't limit my review to just the software. I would rate myself as good, but not great, when it comes to using any kind of software that is new to me. I get confused easily. NFG software is relatively simple, but when I do get confused, the best thing about it is, I have real people who are there and willing to help me. Real people who are patient and kind, and take the time to get to know what I need. NFG has simplified my life in running our small but mighty non-profit SolarCITIES.Solutions, and we have increased our donations in less than 2 years by over 1000%! We needed simplicity. Our donors needed simplicity. That's what we got with NFG.

Cons

There are some things that I would like to manipulate differently in the fundraising pages. Perhaps wording on presets.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Janice, thank you so much for this awesome review! We are so glad to hear that our customer success team has been helpful and that you've been able to increase fundraising by 1000%! That's amazing!

Sean from syght LLC

We used this Product for our Non Profit

We had a need to have a nonprofit. The issues that go with this type of setup are huge in what you can do, and what you can not do. So I surfed the web and read a few articles two named this product. The learning of the product just takes a little time but that time will keep you legal in audits and Thank you's from your donors. We happy with this product. Our experience is if you used salesforce, excel or word you jump right in that the tools are in this package.

Pros

It is a software geared towards charitiesand nonprofits and money or Fund Raising! As we have a need for 501(c)3type of operation this procut gives you control of the process and keeps a papertrail and aids you to be legal as a non profiT.

Cons

None this product if you have not used any others is not lacking in features. You need to spend sometime learning the product then you see that it will provide you the audit trial, marketing, accounting and more in one package.

May 2016

Shannon from Noel Pointer Foundation, Inc

Industry: Fine Art

May 2016

Easy to Use, Visual Data Management System

Pros

The best aspect, and the most unique feature, of the Network for Good database system is the visual nature of the data that automatically shows on every page. On the dashboard each user is immediately presented with graphs and charts of donation and fund data. On each individual donor's page, there are charts that show their giving levels over time and summaries of their donations in the current year and over their lifetime. For any user of donor data, this is an incredible tool. Having the donor management system fully online is also a blessing, as often we need to access the information away from our desks.

Cons

When I began working with this system when it was very new, so a number of changes have been and probably will be made to the functionality and design. However, currently the way that data is input for individual donors does not have fields for spouses or titles (such as Mr., Mrs., etc). This makes it impossible to smoothly download a spreadsheet and mail-merge a group into a mailing. Both spouses together cannot be credited with a donation, nor can you search for the name of the spouse if you try to get around this by adding "spouse" fields, as the search function only searches name and email. Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon. The Network for Good programmers and other staff have been extremely helpful in listening to feedback and making changes.

Amy from The Oklahoma Caring Foundation

Great Customer Service

NFG Customer Service stayed on the phone with me for an hour today helping me make heads or tails out of all the mistakes our team has made when sending our monthly imported reports to NFG. What a big mess we have created for ourselves and unfortunately NFG too! It took a while for me to understand how we had made all of these mistakes. NFG customer service representative was patient, respectful and calm. We worked through it all and now I understand. It is customer service like this that makes me want to tell everyone how great NFG is!!!

Pros

What I like most is easy to navigate

Cons

I do not have any dislikes.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Amy, I'm so glad we were able to help you solve this! Thanks for writing the review, we appreciate it!

Karen from 70x7 Life Recovery Muskegon

August 2016

Strong tool for smaller, community focused nonprofits

N4G has been superb to explain, coach, and be patient with someone who is technically challenged -- but the one with the time to do the admin stuff (incl donor management data entry) to do the work to cultivate donors and community interest as it should be nurtured. Customer service has continued be attentive, on target, and most helpful.

Pros

We shopped around for donor management (whatever the current label) software for some time. Key information is critical but we didn't want so much that we found ourselves entering data that we would not likely need. Ours will always be a community and surround program. I coach small nonprofits to build capacity. This N4G tool is a 'good tool for that toolbox.'

Cons

I'm struggling with the eNews templates. It may be a learning curve for me, but right now it's taking far more time to figure out what will work well than it should. The limitation of pixels for images makes selections especially challenging.

Camellia from NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity

Network for Good and NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity

Our office has been using Network for Good for 5+ years, and we have loved it! The simplicity, easy reporting and moment-by-moment synopsis of incoming donations has been wonderful. Network for Good recently came out with a donor management system, and we are excited to see the growth in the company!

Pros

Easy reporting, monthly checks from donors, the low percentage rate taken out of donations, everything!

Cons

Nothing!