• Pros

• "This donor management platform is really easy to use and intuitive. It has great functionality and they are adding requested tools as fast as they can. "

• "Very intuitive; basic reports, gift entry and exports are extremely easy and quick. Great visuals to which accompany giving reports"

• "I love that this software helps me write a monthly letter and then, print it as soon as the donation comes in. No more stressing about inputting and printing at the last minute. "

• Cons

• "Actually, no real 'cons' to mention. Initial uploading of contact information was tough - but support staff was right along side of us (we did NOT have to do it manually, saving countless hours)."

• "Very small features that I wish they had but it makes sense that it isn't included based on the price point (e.g., resources to better communicate to prospective donors). "

• "Somethings I think it should do, it doesn't, however, they are always willing to listen to suggestions and give me a workaround."

Browse Network for Good Reviews

Hebert from Bread of Hope

Falling in love with NFG

I just love how I can rely on a system that helps me connect with my donors, making so much of my work easier and giving me time to focus on what I need to.

Pros

the integration of so many features that allows you to connect several services in one place. I'm using less and less other services for contacting donors, events, donations, and using just the Network for Good donation management system. I also like the customer service available. It's great to have a team helping you through all the craziness of fundraising. I also like how NFG is constantly incorporating new technology in their system.

Cons

I wish some features would give me more customization options. Like, donation pages, forms, ​and direct mail, but I can perfectly work with all the available features.

Jordana from Goodwill Industries of Moncacy Valley, Inc.

How AWESOME is that!

In my experience, the donor staff often serves dual or multiple roles, breaking in a new system generally requires more time that you already have so little of. This was a huge factor in decision making for me, NFG doesn’t have a steep learning curve and their support to transition is the BEST. I’m well acquainted with the “Blackbaud’s Raiser Edge and e-Tapestry”, as well as others and unless you have unlimited financial resources and a dedicated staff/dept, I would steer clear of long standing desktop based programs such as these -Easy and/or no cost access to customer service, either by phone, text or knowledge base -NFG has been outstanding in all areas -I have called NFG with an urgent need and the response was IMMEDIATE! I try to do the homework on my end and not take advantage of NFG’s tech support to have to respond to “fire” -My experience with BB at my previous organization; I instant messaged tech support with a question they replied…great question, I’m not sure, let me kick it up to our data support and someone will get back to you very soon. That was over a year ago, never got a response. -Often there is an additional cost or step up in pricing for immediate access to tech support -Cutting edge technology that continues to improve itself. From their earliest platform I find that NFG continues to improve and maximize the end user experience • Easier DAMN reporting

Pros

Everything! Set up was a breeze and with NFG I could hit the ground running

Cons

Haven't found a con yet, NFG suits our current needs perfectly

Cutting edge technology and

Lisa from The Village Learning Center, Inc

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Incredible ROI with increased funds generated and time saved

The COVID-19 crisis has created new challenges for our organization financially. NFG had created a step by step task and template for the #GivingTuesdayNow national fundraising event on May 5, 2020. It was too easy to not take advantage of the three simple steps with the templates they had created and a few extra images I grabbed from Canva. With less than one hour of work, we raised $19,400 over 3 days.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use have had a tremendous impact on our ability to function more effectively as a small development team. We spent two years trying to muddle our way through ETapestry/Blackbaud's tools. The NFG platform is very intuitive, and even our less tech-savvy support has been able to jump in and work in the NFG system. It has also been very useful in helping us to sort out duplicates and update our contacts. We have not tried the Quickbooks integration yet, but it was a factor in our decision to move forward with this product.

Cons

There are fewer integrations with other systems at this time, for example, SurveyMonkey.

Katy from 4KIDS of South Texas

To stay with NFG or not to stay... this is the question

Pros

I’ve enjoyed the variety of the e-blast templates. I’ve recently had a very good experience w/ Customer Solutions Specialist, Lenny Wrigley who helped me troubleshoot a very urgent request for one of my donors.

Cons

The poor communication between the NFG Team and the customers paying for the services. One example was NFG changing e-mail servers and not warning the good paying customers. We lost a lot of communication with our donors the day before # givingtuesday

Response from Emily

Replied January 2018

Hi Katy, Thanks for sharing your feedback about your great experience with our support team member, Lenny! Regarding poor communication with our customers: Thank you for sharing your frank feedback. Hearing from customers is how we make improvements. Speaking of improvements... We're constantly evolving our customer communication and outreach every week. We are working on some team restructuring which will allow us to have better 1:1 as well as more streamlined mass communication with our donor management customers. Furthermore, our customer marketing manager and product manager have started to put together product update notes and we share them at least once a month (when the notes are released they will be the first thing you see when you log in to the donor management system. Various product updates are also included in the customer version of our weekly Tips Newsletter). We're also increasing the number of customer webinars we provide to share strategy ideas, details on product improvements, as well as an open Q&A time with our customer base. We hope you can join us for as many webinars are you are able! Our team has fixed the issue that delayed some of our customers' email sends that were scheduled around #GivingTuesday. We apologize for our system sending these emails much later than they were scheduled for. Our team identified and fixed the issue after this experience: We have more dedicated servers at the ready to support a large volume of emails being sent through our system at once. Because of feedback from customers like you, we worked quickly to make this improvement before the biggest three giving days of the year (Dec 29,30,31) and we had very few timing issues with email sends after we made this improvement. If you ever have product feedback or questions for us, you can always reach the team (and most likely Lenny!) by clicking the blue dot to open up the messaging tool in your donor management system. We look forward to hearing from you!

Matt from Azimuth

Industry: Military

Feel like I've tried them all

I had a problem retaining donors and thanking them. This is automatic and it easliy shows me when and how to re engage.

Pros

Intuitiveness. I'm not a technical person, nor am I a CFRE, but I was able to set this up pretty easily. I was able to figure out the import process with one 50 minute webinar that in and of itself, was easy to understand. And then I was up and running.

Cons

I wish there was a way to automatically move a volunteer that signs up on our site to our donor database. At present, I have to copy and upload them manually every month or so.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

This product has 90% of the features I needed/wanted.

Great Fundraising Tool

Implementation was quick and painless and the monthly check-ins were appreciated.

Pros

Network for Good is aesthetically pleasing and makes every effort to be clear in where data is held. The live graphics of fundraising goals and the website integration are amazing.

Cons

This is not a tool for organizing or for engaging your base.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

I genuinely did not like my customer service rep with Blackbaud. Had I not had him, we would have chosen Blackbaud.

Donna from Kingdom Kidz Inc.

Awesomeness of Network for Good

Thank you notes are easier to write because of the templates. Network for Good guides me through the process of gathering donors, recording, tracking, and growing our business.

Pros

It is user friendly with videos to help me learn how to use it.

Cons

The cost compared to other products we have purchased.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

The templates makes the email blasts so easy to write and send.

Kimberly from Operation Resolute

Recommended for ease of use

We are able to provide our accountant with immediate records as well as sending text messages, which we couldn't do before.

Pros

Great customer service, quick response time, and user friendly. I also like the email blast format.

Cons

So far the only negative is that we cannot link our direct deposit to multiple accounts for separate fundraisers.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

This one was better for managing donor relationships and the color and visual appeal was more conducive to producing newsletters and presenting information to our board.

Satonya from Center for Hearing & Speech

Inaccurate information

I found that it doesn’t take into account the customer experience and the reporting provides inaccurate information. What’s worse is that we discovered this accidentally, they already know about it because of complaints, and don’t seem interested in fixing it.

Pros

Customer set is prompt even if not satisfactory

Cons

It provides inaccurate information and staff is unable to provide a work around even though they have had several complaints. They take the decision making away from the customer about important aspects of how we run our organization and they don’t seem concerned about our frustration

Trudi from Dance Theatre of Harlem

Still a few bugs in the system

We've had a lot of problems with dupes and figuring out the best way to dispose of dead records. Sometimes, all the information isn't there.

Pros

The product is easy to use, but it takes a while to find all of its uses. I like that it's easy to delete a record, but it's sometimes hard to know all the cogs that are moving for what I want to do. I'm used to a database acting one way and NFG acts differently from what I'm used to.

Cons

I wish I could work through a problem as I encounter it.

Bethany from Guatemala Aid Fund

So Impressed with Network for Good Software

Excellent experienc for all of these! As a person with NO EXPERIENCE at all in any type of Donor Management system, it was quite easy for me to get started, and then with the incredibly helpful support staff, I am growing in my capabilities and understanding of the depth of capabilities in the software for all of these things: Donor Information Management Donor thank yous - so easy Donor Information analaysis - amazing tools, and custom selecting for emails/annuncements etc. Newsletter design capabilities Email design and sending capabilities Text capabilities Information feedback from outreach materials. Pretty much everything is great!

Pros

When I was walked through the introductory DEMO, and purchased the softwared I had NO idea how advanced it is, and the many options it has. Not only does it effectively and efficiently track donors, allow deposit into your bank account directly, it provides incredible analytical tools and outreach capabilities. The email, text, and Newsletter capabilities are so professional and are so well organized. The product support is fantastic. From on boarding to actively using they really are there for you. We are a small 100% volunteer non-profit, so this is all on our own time, and it is incredible to have this team at Network for Good to help us with this area of our Non-profit. It is a large expenditure for us because 100% of our donations go directly to our causes, and we are fairly small, but it is absolutely worth it for the incredible amount of time I save in account management, donor information management, and not to mention the incredible publicity and outreach tools. THANK YOU NETWORK FOR GOOD! I could not have imagined that it would be this good.. Thank you for assisting small non-profits like us... to some real good, very professionally! Gracias

Cons

Review capability of email blasts. but this is a tiny tiny thing. It is awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

We chose Network for good due to capabilities, cost for our 100% non-profit, the amazing customer support that continues after you purchase it. Really great integration of not just donor management and financial tracking, but also all the marketing type interfaces with emails, texts and newsletter capabilities all in one software package. Their staff are kind, helpful, and answer all of your questions, with helpful responses and personal one on one trainging as well as the online help. Great Job Network for Good... Easy to use and Beautiful ... Thank you from the Guatemala Aid Fund!

Johnna from Depth PR

Reputable website among active donors with dinosaur functionality and page design.

Pros

For three years, I worked at grassroots nonprofit that has been around for more than 2 decades. Network for Good was the donation service we used to accept all online donations. Trusted among lifetime donor/philanthropist types It seems like many boomer-aged donors who have been engaged in long-term philanthropy are familiar with and trust the website. Donation Pages: Donors can indicate whether they want to make a one-time donation or a recurring monthly donation. As an admin you can pre-set donation amounts and/or let donor indicate any amount that they would like to donate (although there is a minimum donation amount). Network for Good also allows you to customize a set number of campaign pages for no additional charge to their standard subscription fee. As a legacy customer, our non-profit enjoyed the benefit of a grandfathered-in lower monthly rate in addition to access to ConstantContact, which was great. Reports: You could pull donor reports (download as excel) by dates and campaign type and then sort by criteria. Customer service was very good. Wait times were always short and phone reps were very knowledgeable and able to help.

Cons

The interface for customizing donation pages was truly terrible. Even though Network for Good provided design template options, it was very challenging to make the text appear on the page as it was supposed to. You had to go through like 10 different screen categories, in order, and fill out little forms containing the information that you would want to be displayed. When you specify donation amounts, you need to enter them in the order that is to appear lest you want to spend thirty minutes toggling arrows only to have the site freeze. If the nonprofit I was at didn't have the legacy version that included ConstantContact, I would have recommended getting rid of the subscription. The donation processing fee is no less than that of any other payment processing service. In fact, other sites that do not charge a monthly usage fee (gofundme, eventbrite, etc.) provide much better functionality and even other bonus services. I get that the site wants to be super secure and that as nonprofit you want to collect as much donor info as possible, but it would be great if people could make a donation without having to fill out ALL of their personal information: name, address + payment address (if different), phone and email. I think that this deters younger donors or anyone who wants to donate quickly/impulse donations.

Rebekah from Art Jewelry Forum

September 2016

Easy to use and time-saving donor management system

Our small nonprofit struggled with finding a way to manage our donors and Network For Good (NFG) provided a perfect solution. The amount of time I save with the software automating many of the data entry I used to do manually is incredible. That it is cloud based and multiple users can access means that I am no longer the only person who can access our financial numbers and donor contacts, so the bookkeeper and key stakeholders can access the information they need without having to go through me.

Pros

-Time saving through data automation -Ease of use, both for understanding the system and navigation through the pages -Quick response from customer support << so important! -Willingness of customer support to take suggestions to improve the database -The increase in donors selecting options that directly increase giving, specifically paying processing fees and opting for recurring donations, is making a big difference to our organization's bottom line -Clear visual represenations of the data to quickly understand recent activity and to see the financial progress -Integrated emailing through Constant Contact--a system we already use--helps to communicate easier with small segments of our donors, making them feel more into the organization -Customizable event registration integrated into the database is HUGE for us since a large portion of our donations are collected in relation to trips and dinners.

Cons

-The emails sent through the database using Constant Contact aren't completely customizable, I would like to have the link color be controllable so our visual branding is consistent across platforms. -The two portals to access the NFG websites (donor database and the dashboard for our the account) were difficult to differentiate at first since they both open to a dashboard--it took weeks for my people to understand the difference (my people tend to be over 65 and less computer savvy) -Custom questions asked during checkout still have to be entered manually--this should be automated -I am still new to the system and discovering things that are a little off from what I am used to with the previous way we dealt with our donors, however, NFG is very responsive to helping me find work arounds that utilize the features of the software

Wendy from Mittens for Detroit

August 2016

Extremely satisfied with Network For Good!

Our small nonprofit has benefited greatly by using Network For Good. It is the perfect fit for our growing charity. We started using it simply for receiving online donations, and now we use it for event management and donor database management. It has been a great experience since we began using NFG three years ago. We have just started using the Donor Database Management tool, and it has made this year's donor outreach extremely easy. Because of this new tool, we have a handle on our donor information in ways that we have not been to before. We have no complaints whatsoever about Network For Good.

Pros

NFG is very user-friendly (both on the donor and nonprofit ends). The few times that we had support issues or questions, they were answered immediately with total professionalism. Donation pages are extremely easy to set up, with clear instructions and tips along the way. The feedback from our donors has all been positive. The team at NFG is professional and efficient. We have enjoyed a very positive relationship.

Cons

Honestly, we can't think of anything negative. Any problem we have had has been remedied immediately and professionally.

Ricci from Woodhull Freedom Foundation

August 2016

It's not just the database; it's the people behind it!

From the first phone call to NFG I knew I was dealing with a very special organization with some very special people. I mattered; my organization's needs mattered; what I had to say mattered. And that has continued from that first call through every single call with every single person at NFG. We're a small organization and so this had to be something we could manage in house and that made sense for us. We don't have the budget (or the inclination) to pay for expensive customizations that we ended up needing with other products. The NFG database is made for organizations that deal with donors. You can absolutely tell that the people who built this product know their customers and their customers' needs. If I had to pick one word to describe my experience with NFG, I'd pick "responsive." When I email or call, I get an instant response. When I want to talk out a process I'm not tolerated - I'm welcomed! When I have a need that isn't yet part of the database, I know I'm taken seriously and that whatever I've identified is now part of NFG's plans for the future. I needed a real partner with software that would do what I wanted it to do - with donors, not "customers" - and I got both with Network for Good!

Pros

It's a donor relationship manager. It's not a sales tool that we'd have to customize for dealing with donors. It's intuitive. It's easy to learn. It makes sense for the way we interact with our donors and supporters.

Cons

I haven't found a con except that, as an early adopter, all of the features aren't yet optimized - but everything I need to do my work now is already live and working!

Ann from East Texas CASA

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Network for Good is a great way for us as a non profit to track our incoming donations. We are sent email notifications when a new donation is added directly other then our staff manually entering it, to ensure we can send out an acknowledgement letter or email. There are several tutorial opportunities to learn how to navigate the site and get the most out of it.

Pros

It's handy to be able to store all our contacts to send email blasts and to have their information all in one place. All donations done via Facebook and our organization donation web page, are automatically added into Network for Good. The software is very user friendly to enter donations. I like how acknowledgement letters are integrated into the program to ensure we thank our donors in a timely fashion. Any time I have a problem I know I can send a message via live chat and get the answer I am looking for.

Cons

I cannot point out any cons at this point for I am still learning all the different features Network for Good has to offer. Any questions I do have, someone from live chat helps me out and their quick response is pretty amazing!

Dylan from Bethany for Children & Families

A Giant Leap for Our Organization

We migrated to Network for Good from a robust "industry standard" platform. Not only did we gain the cloud functionality and syncing between donor and campaign management, but we are also organically improving our data, simply through the lessons we are learning by using a state-of-the-art solution. We have had excellent customer support at every step of the way, from the initial sales calls to data preparation and migration to continuing support and beyond.

Pros

Even though there are things that require getting used to (which would be the case with any new platform), migrating to Network for Good has been a relatively seamless, painless, and enjoyable process, and the company is regularly making improvements to platform functionality based on client feedback. Network for Good's donor and campaign management systems already have excellent functionalities, are both very easy to use, and the interfaces are simple, big, bright, and pleasing to the eye.

Cons

Since the platform is created as a "one size fits all" package for all of Network for Good's clients, our organization has less control over relationship and reporting mechanisms. This would be an issue with any Software as a Service solution, and isn't a criticism of Network for Good or its software. In fact, Network for Good has been enthusiastic and nimble in working with us to implement adjustments that address our legacy donor management issues that resulted from migrating data from our previous platform.

Dave from H.E.R.O.E.S. Care, Inc.

Outstanding value for any size charity!

Having the ability to host our donation management platform and our donation portal page with one entity is a money saver, too!

Pros

As the primary user of the platform at our charity, I find the ease of analyzing data and the process of generating reports and custom donor lists seamless, extremely use friendly, and are huge time savers for me.

Cons

As for the donor page, the one thing which is lacking is to have a corporate match functionality built into the process to make it easy for the donors to determine if their company has a program, how to find it, and how to engage it.

Response from Network for Good

Replied August 2018

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for sharing this review! We're so glad H.E.R.O.E.S. Care is finding success with our Donor Management System. Also, I will make sure the product team sees your note about employee matching. Not sure if that's something we could build in or not, but I will definitely bring this idea to their attention! -Liz, Customer Success

Shalom from Operation Benjamin

Great Value -- Exceptional Support

The software is very good and people have clearly take this development task very seriously. And it's geared towards technical idiots -- and I'm happily in that camp! So if I can figure this out, anyone with a little patience can. But all of this takes second fiddle to the corporate culture they seem to have developed. The support folks REALLY want you to succeed and they have a lot of good advice, and plenty of patience to help you navigate the system. If I had one complaint it's that the one-on-one training sessions are 30 minutes rather than 45 or 60 minutes. But folks, that's minor compared to the enormous positives in this software platform. Now that I know what I know, I would do this again with zero hesitation.

Pros

The developer's seem to have thought of just about everything. Once you get oriented, it is fairly easy to use and you're provided with many options to enhance donor & campaign management you may not have even considered before.

Cons

My initial training/on-boarding was complete chaos and I was fearing I had made a terrible mistake in deciding on this route. I was getting advice from too many people -- but the advice consisted of links to things that made no sense at all to me. I complained somewhat loudly about this issue. It was a super-frustrating for a week or so. BUT, once it got all straightened out and I had my initial one-on-one training session (which should have been the FIRST thing to happen before any other emails) things totally changed to be a completely positive experience.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

I read on-line reviews and watched a number of demonstration videos.

For a non-profit there are better options

We keep the account open in case someone chooses to give thru it, but it's not a priority to us to actively pursue using it.

Pros

We like the ability to reach a broad audience, and NFG does have a broader audience

Cons

The percentage on transaction fees - for a budget conscious non-profit, there are better options out there. Also the timing to get funds to the account. We were set up with NFG for quite some time and suddenly received a check in the mail with funds from 6 months prior with a note saying they could not locate our organization. We have since set up ACH with them, but they could have done more to locate us and get the donor funds to us sooner.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Hi there! From your review it sounds like you have a free account with us (using our donation processing service for nonprofits and not using any of our software products for donation pages or our donor management system). I wanted to let you know that we do have a lower fee structure for our subscription-based donation pages vs our free online donation platform. And, I'm sorry about the time it took to get the check to you! We always recommend nonprofits keep their address updated with Guidestar as that is the "nonprofit database of record" for many in the nonprofit space. However, I'm glad you signed up for ACH! Thanks for your feedback! -Liz, Customer Success

Darcie from Living Journeys

Customer service like none other

Pros

In today's world outstanding customer service backed with a genuine desire to improve is hard to find. The software is easy to use and learn as a new user, but when it's not there is someone standing by ready to help. When the software can't perform as you wish, there are people listening and working to improve the software. I couldn't ask for more effort from the people working behind the scenes to make this program exactly what we needed.

Cons

Although I know they are working on improving the event side of their software, I found the program insufficient for one of our events, which is a running race. I think network for good can be as good as other race programs, they just aren't set up for an event that needs details on age classes, birthdates and assigns bibs.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Thank you for this review! I'm glad to hear that our customer support has exceeded your expectations! And you are right, we are actively working on updating our events pages and will have more features released for event pages in early 2019! - Liz, Customer Success

Shelby from New Life Ranch

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Alright product, No customer service

Absolutely no customer service. I mean, there is a phone number, but it doesn't actually offer you service. The representatives are largely unhelpful and fairly rude.

Pros

The user interface is fairly intuitive, and creates an ease of reporting.

Cons

I have had several data discrepancies between linked donations and what a pledge shows as paid, and I have not been able to get Customer Service to assist me in any way. Over the course of 2 phone calls, I have been on hold for 80 minutes and talked to a representative for a total of 5 minutes, where they ended up telling me they don't know what the issue is and they'll give me a call back, but that it could take days, or longer.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Hi Shelby, So sorry that you had a negative experience with our customer support team. We are working on hiring and training more support reps so that our wait times will be shorter. You can also send us a message and chat with a representative inside donor management. We typically get responses to customers faster using the in-app messenger. I will have someone follow up with you regarding the link pledges.

Leslie from United Way Galveston County Mainland

Good software with one-on-one coaching

Overall, I'm beyond satisfied with this product and I feel that the value of the product I receive is well worth the cost. I would recommend this product to others, especially individuals who are responsible for fundraising or donor tracking. This product is comparable to other software products and better than most.

Pros

This company offers personal coaching for non-profit users to best utilize the software to get the most benefit for your dollar. No matter what size company, this software can be personalized to fit your needs. The value of the software is determined by how the software is used. I prefer to implement just this software for all my needs and I eliminated spreadsheets, paper files, and all other reporting systems.

Cons

There were a few times that I needed to contact customer support and the hold time is sometimes a bit long. I wish there were more training resources for users to troubleshoot on their own.

Response from Network for Good

Replied October 2018

Hi Leslie! Thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you like working with your coach. :) I hear your feedback about customer support. We do have in-app messaging that tends to work well for most customers and we are working on making sure we keep the phone volume as low as possible. Furthermore, our knowledge base (when logged into donor management, click Help in the top right corner) is full of resources that we hope you'll find helpful! Thanks for the review and the feedback the review and the feedback! -Liz, Customer Success

Elizabeth from Sustainable Villages Honduras

Industry: International Affairs

Network for Good has been an excellent partner with our new nonprofit organization.

Actual interactions with staff either by electronically (message bubble) or by phone have been excellent. As treasurer and chief fundraiser for our small organization that operated for 10 years under host organizations and just just recently got its IRS tax exempt status I am very pleased we chose NFG to work with and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I do like the easy access to some much info on our contacts. Actual interactions with staff either by electronically (message bubble) or by phone have been excellent. I can download it easilyto excel easily to do further planning and analysis. The distinction between the sections for donor management and fundraising is very clear and make it easy for the new user organization.

Cons

I tried to get started without reading enough of the information from the knowledge base and so had to correct items or just be frustrated for awhile. Could be a check off list for new users to print or keep in line that are top dozen actions that help new users and that would stress using the knowledge base and getting your computer set up for the webinars. I have missed two webinars because I wasn't set up far enough in advance. The ready talk help was good sometimes and an endless loop of written tips another time. Vimeo is its own challenge. I do like the easy access to some much info on our contacts.

Candy from ABIDE

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Gamechanger for no profits!

Overall, the Team at Network for Good is very helpful and available. The resources are helpful for small/growing nonprofits as well as larger ones. I have used the resources for a few years prior to using the software. Its has been a gamechanger for the work I do full-time as well as my time serving as a Board Member.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up campaigns and donation pages! I also REALLY appreciate all t he training and resources that are available for free!

Cons

I did not like that I wasn't using it sooner. I've only used it for a few months and I have enjoyed the little that I have used.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Candy, I love that your con is that you regret not using us sooner! :) Thanks for the review!

Julie from Center for Hearing and Speech

Disappointed

Pros

ability to create individual fundraising pages

Cons

1) They are providing inaccurate data. That makes it difficult to analyze information to make decisions. 2) They know they are providing inaccurate data, but are not taking action to correct it. 3) Customer service representatives told me this has been an issue for some time and yet they are still not fixing it. They suggested I call back every few months.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

ability to link with online giving

Response from Network for Good

Replied July 2019

Hi Julie! This is Liz with the customer team at Network for Good. I spoke with my colleague, Kristine, who talked with you about the question you had about your data. I learned that the issue you are experiencing has to do with how our system reports ticket sales vs donations that are synced from your Network for Good Fundraising Pages. Currently, the system reports the two separately. From what I understand from your conversation with Kristine is that you'd like for this information to all be included in the lifetime giving total. We've given this feedback to our tech team who will research this with other customers to see if it's a common request. I do want to make sure that you know that the data (tickets sales vs donations) is not inaccurate! But I do realize that how it's reported makes you feel less confident about using the data to analyze your donor's giving history. I am sorry for that. As I mentioned above, we have reported this to our tech team!

C. Michael from Bite Me Cancer Founation

What a GREAT help!

Staff was great during the transition and always helpful.

Pros

It's very user friendly, mobile friendly and has many features that make it easy for us to fundraise and track our donor and partner hospitals. Also has a great newsletter feature that is also easy to use and track.

Cons

Some of the event features, to this point, have been lacking, but recently they seem to be adding more features and we are looking forward to learning how to use them.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Hi Michael! Thanks for writing the review! We have added a handful of new features for event ticketing so I hope the improvements have made your life easier :)

Janice from Global Kids, Inc.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

They are expensive!

There are cheaper ways to create a donate page, you just have to do your research.

Pros

It's very easy to use, intuitive, straightforward, easy to set up. They also provide occasional fundraising tips via an e-newsletter that are solid. They offer Peer-to-Peer fundraising as a component of their packages.

Cons

You have to pay for each additional donate page you wish to create beyond what you get in your bundle. They offer different packages, but all have a monthly hosting charge in addition to the standard credit card fee. Once you start using it, it's hard to wean yourself off.

Terri from Health Care Center for the Homeless, Inc.

Great for Branding Donation Options

Pros

I like that they are able to brand your donation page to you. Years ago we used another option that was obviously sending you away from our website. No branding or anything - just a way to donate. Network for Good kept the donor in our world, giving the donation page the look and feel of our website. Their customer service is great and they are always ready to assist. I am a one-person development/fundraising shop, so I wish I had more time to explore all the options they make available. They reach out on a regular basis to inform me of new or better options - I just don't always have the time to really investigate.

Cons

I may be behind the times, but my only con is all the information that you have to complete to make a donation. This is more on me than them - finding the time to explore all the options available and if there are updated versions that are simpler.

Sean from syght LLC

We used this Product for our Non Profit

We had a need to have a nonprofit. The issues that go with this type of setup are huge in what you can do, and what you can not do. So I surfed the web and read a few articles two named this product. The learning of the product just takes a little time but that time will keep you legal in audits and Thank you's from your donors. We happy with this product. Our experience is if you used salesforce, excel or word you jump right in that the tools are in this package.

Pros

It is a software geared towards charitiesand nonprofits and money or Fund Raising! As we have a need for 501(c)3type of operation this procut gives you control of the process and keeps a papertrail and aids you to be legal as a non profiT.

Cons

None this product if you have not used any others is not lacking in features. You need to spend sometime learning the product then you see that it will provide you the audit trial, marketing, accounting and more in one package.

May 2016

Shannon from Noel Pointer Foundation, Inc

Industry: Fine Art

May 2016

Easy to Use, Visual Data Management System

Pros

The best aspect, and the most unique feature, of the Network for Good database system is the visual nature of the data that automatically shows on every page. On the dashboard each user is immediately presented with graphs and charts of donation and fund data. On each individual donor's page, there are charts that show their giving levels over time and summaries of their donations in the current year and over their lifetime. For any user of donor data, this is an incredible tool. Having the donor management system fully online is also a blessing, as often we need to access the information away from our desks.

Cons

When I began working with this system when it was very new, so a number of changes have been and probably will be made to the functionality and design. However, currently the way that data is input for individual donors does not have fields for spouses or titles (such as Mr., Mrs., etc). This makes it impossible to smoothly download a spreadsheet and mail-merge a group into a mailing. Both spouses together cannot be credited with a donation, nor can you search for the name of the spouse if you try to get around this by adding "spouse" fields, as the search function only searches name and email. Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon. The Network for Good programmers and other staff have been extremely helpful in listening to feedback and making changes.

Janice from Solar CITIES: Global Biogas Education

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Human Touch!

Very positive.

Pros

I can't limit my review to just the software. I would rate myself as good, but not great, when it comes to using any kind of software that is new to me. I get confused easily. NFG software is relatively simple, but when I do get confused, the best thing about it is, I have real people who are there and willing to help me. Real people who are patient and kind, and take the time to get to know what I need. NFG has simplified my life in running our small but mighty non-profit SolarCITIES.Solutions, and we have increased our donations in less than 2 years by over 1000%! We needed simplicity. Our donors needed simplicity. That's what we got with NFG.

Cons

There are some things that I would like to manipulate differently in the fundraising pages. Perhaps wording on presets.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Janice, thank you so much for this awesome review! We are so glad to hear that our customer success team has been helpful and that you've been able to increase fundraising by 1000%! That's amazing!

Amy from The Oklahoma Caring Foundation

Great Customer Service

NFG Customer Service stayed on the phone with me for an hour today helping me make heads or tails out of all the mistakes our team has made when sending our monthly imported reports to NFG. What a big mess we have created for ourselves and unfortunately NFG too! It took a while for me to understand how we had made all of these mistakes. NFG customer service representative was patient, respectful and calm. We worked through it all and now I understand. It is customer service like this that makes me want to tell everyone how great NFG is!!!

Pros

What I like most is easy to navigate

Cons

I do not have any dislikes.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Amy, I'm so glad we were able to help you solve this! Thanks for writing the review, we appreciate it!

Karen from 70x7 Life Recovery Muskegon

August 2016

Strong tool for smaller, community focused nonprofits

N4G has been superb to explain, coach, and be patient with someone who is technically challenged -- but the one with the time to do the admin stuff (incl donor management data entry) to do the work to cultivate donors and community interest as it should be nurtured. Customer service has continued be attentive, on target, and most helpful.

Pros

We shopped around for donor management (whatever the current label) software for some time. Key information is critical but we didn't want so much that we found ourselves entering data that we would not likely need. Ours will always be a community and surround program. I coach small nonprofits to build capacity. This N4G tool is a 'good tool for that toolbox.'

Cons

I'm struggling with the eNews templates. It may be a learning curve for me, but right now it's taking far more time to figure out what will work well than it should. The limitation of pixels for images makes selections especially challenging.

Camellia from NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity

Network for Good and NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity

Our office has been using Network for Good for 5+ years, and we have loved it! The simplicity, easy reporting and moment-by-moment synopsis of incoming donations has been wonderful. Network for Good recently came out with a donor management system, and we are excited to see the growth in the company!

Pros

Easy reporting, monthly checks from donors, the low percentage rate taken out of donations, everything!

Cons

Nothing!

Joelle from American Baptist College

Industry: Philanthropy

Could Be Much Better

If you're looking for a donor management system I can't say I'd recommend this one. After stuffing information in a four houred conference call, that is offered as separate classes you can take any time by other donor systems, I felt like they were realizing how behind they were, while still demanding a price tag of excellence they don't yet deliver.

Pros

This program has multiple platforms, so if you only have one need for it you can pay for a separate feature. It keeps great records of all electronic donations you receive. It also allows you to reset your password at a level of ease that most softwares don't provide.

Cons

One of the most confusing interfaces I've dealt with. I had to download donation records once a month and it always took me at least 5-10 minutes to remember what small button to push to get to where I needed to be. I would explore every other option available before I figured out where to go, so I didn't feel like it was labeled in a user friendly manner. They charge for extra features that other nonprofit systems offer for free. I also felt like they took a much bigger cut of the donations than was usual for a system like this. They charge about twice what we paid for donormanagemt, and with a system that already seemed confusing I didn't feel confident paying more for what seemed like much less.

Emily from Heartland Humane Society

Industry: Fund-Raising

Network For Good Fundraising Platform is a game changer

Network For Good is allowing us to quickly enter gifts, thank donors, consolidate information, and do some big-shop level fundraising with a small shop.

Pros

NFG's visual interface is so easy to use. The automation of data evaluation (auto-ID of lapsed donors, for instance) allows us to use our time doing donor relations instead. Built-in modules for campaigns and tactics, such as #GivingTuesday are guiding us and making it easy to maximize our impact as small-shop fundraisers.

Cons

Our only issue is the records tiers for pricing. We are currently at the top of one tier, but the next tier is far beyond what we would need so we are struggling to keep our records below the current tier cap.

Elizabeth from Health For All

Easy to Use DM

This is my go to product for managing all things donor management. We love them!

Pros

Cons

This is a growing platform and they are still building some of the pieces out and working through some kinks.

Jay from Psychologist

Great for the price

Pros

This software has the basics for a nonprofit fundraising software package for a good price. Great for smaller organizations. Customer service is very helpful.

Steve from Lakes Area Restorative Justice Project

A great fit!

We went from very manual, very scattered donor management tracking to automation in a very short amount of time. Having that ability to email/text with donors much easier with technology! Another positive was the coaching that helped us 'utilize' the software to reach audiences (newsletter templates, sample letters, video thank you's, etc.).

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up. We are a non-profit that utilizes only a couple of staff members, but a larger number of volunteers to help with our fundraising efforts. This software is very intuitive, so when someone new comes into the organization to help - knowledge transfer is quick and easy. Gives us very good ability to also 'slice and dice' our donor/partner information to make it easy to communicate/reach various groups and/or subgroups, based on the message!

Ken from Carolina Honduras Health Foundation

Has potential but falls short.

NFG's Donor Management System was selected because NFG had been processing our on-line doantions for several years and we had a good relationship with them. This was our first experience with Donor Management and was a good first step to learn what is possible. However, shopping around would have been a smarter move. We have been using Donor Management for over a year now and are finding it falls short of what is needed. We have a half-time employee and the system was easy to input donors and their donations. As the President I find it helpful to see how we are doing. However, I find the system falls short in several areas.

Pros

Ease of use to manage basic information on donors and donations.

Cons

Is more expensive than some of the alternatives. Reports beyond what is developed by NFG are a problem. There is no documentation on how to use and set-up accurate screens to give accurate reports. When calling support they cannot explain why the system does not produce the same information when producing similar reports on Donations or Contacts. Thus, I find I cannot rely on the answer. I have even worked with management for over 6 weeks without getting proper resolution to the questions. Support answers quickly, but do not have answers readily available. Their ability to establish Wealth Scores is not all inclusive.

Tara from The Devereux Center

Takes the Stress Out

We are managing our donors better than ever, aware of when a donor is new or hasn't been active and now is active. We can track giving, send emails rather than paper copies. Overall, I am in LOVE!

Pros

Cons

Because it is all online, it can be an issues when there are internet connectivity issues.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Tara, I love the title of your review. It is our goal to help make our customers' lives easier so the fact that we take the stress out of your day is great! Thanks for the review!

Karen from Prichard Preparatory School

Network For Good Exceeds Expectations

Network For Good (N4G) has been an excellent addition to our fundraising team - that team being me, me and only me. The product is very easy to use, intuitive and the support staff is willing to help whenever I need assistance. The N4G support staff is very attentive to individual needs. No sooner had I made a recommendation regarding a certain functionality and several days later it appeared as a permanent update. N4G also provides a host of webinar training products and materials. As a new user, I don't think I have scratched the surface regarding functionality and/or reporting capabilities but so far any option I have needed is there. Our board has also been very satisfied with reports to date. As far as recommendations for future products, I would love to see additional templates for newsletters, eblasts, and peer to peer campaigns or configure the current offerings for flexibility.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive, helpful and knowledgeable support staff.

Cons

Templates are somewhat constraining.

User friendly, easy to take care of daily tasks

It made it very easy to stay on top of our gift processing and donor acknowledgement; Easy to stratify our active and lapsed donors; Easy to create and export customized mailings

Pros

Cons

It was difficult to create complex reports; it seemed to jam up when trying to run reports with quite a few parameters.

Michelle from Parent Engagement Network

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helpful and Supportive

Excellent! The staff has been very helpful and we have benefited from being able to reach someone in times of need. Their platform is extremely easy to use and doesn't have a bunch of hidden costs.

Pros

I have found that Network For Good is an amazing software for small nonprofits who are trying to make a difference in the world, but do not have a big budget.

Cons

We would love to see features that support volunteer management.

Lisa from Frankie's Friends

Network for Good is Good for Fundraising

Network for Good allows you to track, monitor and analyze data.

Pros

This software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

If you have a large. development operation of more than 10,000 donors this system may not be the one for you.

Response from Network for Good

Replied May 2019

Thanks for writing this review, Lisa!

Mary from TeenSmart Internacional

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy, comprehensive, helpful!

We are a small NGO (under $500k) and need something user-friendly and affordable for a 2-person development team. We've been with Network for Good for 2 years and everytime I make a suggestion for improvement, they implement the change within a short time period. They are great!

Pros

User-friendly and great customer service

Cons

Nothing at all! Anytime that I make a suggestion for improvements, they follow through!

Karina from LAN Vwa, Inc

It is an amazing tool

I link this program to my website and it has been amazing for it to use, it has been safe for my clients, it keeps their information secure and it also makes it easy for me to access to it.

Pros

It is easy to access, I have been able to use it with no problem, it gives me a monthly and weekly report of the donations coming in. It is safe for my clients to put their information in it. It send an email to my clients when something happens with their donations automatically.

Cons

I haven’t found any cons with this program because it has been helpful all the time

Kimberly from Dillard University

User-Friendly!!

As a fundraiser working in a small development office, I appreciate the Network for Good software which provides user-friendly setup and comprehension. I do not have a software background but I find myself having to develop websites, etc... all the time in order to advance my fundraising efforts. With the Network for Good software, setup is quick and easy allowing me more time to fund raise. If I do find myself in a bind with technical issues, the customer service as been timely.

Pros

The pro for me is simple - The account manager!! The account manager is the initial contact the potential client have with the software and company and my manager was patient, knowledgeable and friendly. That goes a long way when sorting through various companies. My interaction with my account manager left me feeling like the entire process at every level would be the same and it has been. I feel like my manager is there to assist and ensure a quality experience allowing me the ability to always reach out to them when I need additional assistance or guidance. I enjoy my experience with my manager so much that when I landed a new job, I called them up and we were able to secure a contract with the new institution.

Cons

So far, I have had now cons in my dealings with the software or the staff. I have even enjoyed working with Network for Good's billing department.

Bob from Cleveland Pregnancy Center

Helping us stay connected

We are loving the direction we are headed in having a platform to use for communication and better reporting.

Pros

It is helping us stay connected with our donors in an organized fashion. We now have a plan to stay connected. It gives us many options from email, text and direct mail. It has a quick view of where you stand. I personally love the way it looks like our website for donating. The first day we opened it, I received a donation from a brand new, first time donor.

Cons

Setting up some of the template emails and letters take some getting used.

Reasons for Choosing Network for Good

Price was within our budget and it offered everything we needed from reports to communication to the ability to get rid of constant contact and ministrysync