All Bonterra Guided Fundraising Reviews

Aiden

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Fantastic for Nonprofits

It's been a really positive experience. The customer service is quick and friendly. They're constantly updating the software for the better. It's really easy to use, even for the least tech-savvy people.

PROS

The CRM works really well -- it's easy to keep track of donors, real-time donations, and events. It lets you stay in contact with donors and see their patterns of giving. It's also easy to see which events brought in the most donations, and lets you easily email groups of donors, either by event or by giving patterns.

CONS

The forms (surveys) are too limited. I can't collect data in the way I want, so it makes surveying donors difficult.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Network For Good had more integrated features, had better customer service, and was less expensive.

Carolina

Reviewed February 2024

Our Valentine's Day message - we love you!

We LOVE Network for Good! It has simplifed things by putting data all in one place! No more moving data from the event reservation platform, the credit card processor, and the newsletter service! And the platform is easy to use and generates great-looking newsletters.

PROS

CONS

We wish it had a grant tracking platform as we were told that Salesforce had one.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

NFG sales team contacted us. They were super informed and responsive. The product did most of what we wanted Salesforce to do except track grants :-( We were thrilled to learn about NFG and dove in enthusiastically and are very happy!

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

We said this last page! Because we liked having it all in one platform, easier to use and saves effort of downloading audience from Eventbrite and uploading to Constant Contact. Great to have donations handled in the CRM and not outside it as with Flipcause. Data all in one place!

We're thrilled our paths crossed and that you've fallen in love with the ease of Bonterra Guided Fundraising! Just like you've united all your data, we feel united in our mission by your enthusiasm and trust. Sending loads of love back for making everything more efficient and your newsletters more captivating. Although grant tracking isn't currently within this product, we value your feedback and will be sure to take this into account. Here's to more joy and less juggling in all your future fundraising activities!

Corinne

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Chief Development Officer

I would give NFG a 5. Need to have more seamless online experience and let people purchase 100% online. I do not want to have to speak with someone multiple times to set up a new system especially since I have been using for years. You should have a fast track to set up for existing users and please do not send so many emails.

PROS

Like that this system is online and I can run campaigns and manage individual donors and also do events.

CONS

I did not like that it took more than a day to set up. Set up should be seamless and instant. Also, I wanted set up to be online. Like you pay and you are set up with tutorials. Also, way, way too many emails. I do not have time for all these emails. Please only reach out when necessary.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

The cost and what we needed for individual giving and our multiple events each year.

Kendra

Reviewed January 2022

Please consider other donor software!

Terrible! After less than a year, they are taking away a key feature of their platform (event ticketing) and making it an additional $2000 (!!!!!) to have. This is a 55% increase in cost despite it being a service I was told I would have when I signed up. Despite multiple complaints from almost all their clients, no one at the company will take responsibility for the decision or admit the error and not do it. I am having to switch to another platform immediately as that is a cost that small or medium size nonprofits (their target audience) cannot support. Their customer service uses platitudes ("I understand your frustration") rather than solutions. Even if they realize how unethical this is and how it damages our ability to fulfill our mission, I cannot trust them because what's next? Will they start charging thousands for emails next? Who knows, they cannot be trusted even though I have a signed contract stating this is a service I am guaranteed to have, they will not honor it. Please go with any other donor management software!!

PROS

It's easy to use and when I started with it, it combined all the features I need in one place - peer to peer, event management, ticketing, etc., and at a reasonable rate.

CONS

There are many features that need to be improved. Their help articles are often out of date and do not follow the current version of the software with the steps that need to be taken. The compatibility of auctions to donor records is terrible creating multiple duplicate entries that staff had to correct. They not only charge a flat rate for services but ALSO a percentage so there are a LOT of hidden costs. They do not have a way to track volunteer hours (essential in the nonprofit world!!) and their customer service, while responsive, resorts to platitudes rather than solutions.

Kendra, Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like you were really enjoying your software until these changes were implemented - I'm sorry to hear that and we would love to get things back on track. This change was meant to make your experience better and add a lot of value to your events run through Network for Good but we understand the concerns. Pricing changes aren't something we do often and with the costs you shared, I think we should connect to make sure you understand any new fees - it may be less than you expect. With the changes going on at Network for Good, we are listening to your feedback earnestly. Your trust is unequivocally important to us. Can you please email me so I can set up a conversation with you and a member of our team? kathleen.connelly@networkforgood.com We take pride in being very transparent about our fees - if you can email me, I would appreciate to hear which fees you were surprised about. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us! Kathleen

Replied January 2022

McKenna

For Nonprofit Use

PROS

It is an easy way to manage funding and organize everything.

CONS

It is difficult to set up items and payment can be kind of drawn out.

Kate

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Satisfied Customer Since 2020

Love the customer support! So responsive! We implemented the product during COVID and it couldn't have gone more smoothly.

PROS

The addition of event ticketing and auction functionality makes the package even more attractive and useful.

CONS

Our database count is inflated by zero-dollar "subscribers" -- people who have never donated but receive information (such as local government officials on the newsletter list) -- so our annual costs are higher than I would like.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Greater functionality; easy to learn and to use.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Donor management functionality was clunky.

Thank you for the awesome feedback, Kate! Absolutely delighted that you've been happy with our product and support since 2020. I'll be sure to share your pricing feedback with our product team. Thanks for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising!

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Good value

PROS

I came to this product when the online giving fee of our previous provider went through the roof. I was pleasantly surprised at how intuitive and friendly the contact management and donor management functions are. Now, I am using it for event management, which is a bonus.

CONS

Often, when an online donation is made, it generates a new contact, even if the person is already in the system. Yes, this can be cleaned up quickly by combining contacts. But I'd like the system to recognize each individual. And, of course, my gripe with all these systems is it doesn't handle household giving well. How do you count a gift from a married couple? It has to go against only one of their records.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Cost. It wants me to do more than 40 characters. But it's just cost.

Hi Michael, thank you for the thoughtful feedback! We appreciate you highlighting the intuitive contact management and helpful event features. Your input on improving duplicate detection and household giving is incredibly valuable as we constantly refine our system. We aim to deliver great experiences, and customers like you make that possible. Thanks for being part of our community!

Susan

Network for Good

Over all it is good a good system for our organization.

PROS

In the areas that we use frequently the system is fairly easy to use. I know it can do a lot more for us but I don't know how to use those functions.

CONS

The customer service is not great. If you have a question or need help you have to go through the chat box and you get a video to watch. Maybe I am just old and not too techy but a real person would be much more helpful. I am never in a situation where I have time to watch a video to get an answer.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

The original salesman that I worked with was wonderful. He walked me through the system and the programs that we needed and I was able to call him in person for answers to my questions.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Cost but now we are right back at the same cost.

Hi Susan, thank you so much for recommending us! We definitely want you to be able to maximize the use of your donor management system. Please know that you can always call our customer support line at (888) 284-7978 if that would work better for you. Thank you for entrusting Bonterra Guided Fundraising!

Dean

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

New User of Bonterra Guided Fundraising/Network For Good

Excellent! The support staff is always helpful and timely and the Fundraising Coaching sessions have been very helpful.

PROS

My nonprofit organization initially selected Bonterra/Network For Good because of it imbedded communication tools that allow us to stay in touch with our donors. While other CRM applications use email integrations with MailChip and Constant Contact, Bonterra/Network For Good's email, text, video messaging, and direct mail features are integral to their application. We have not been disappointed.

CONS

While Bonterra/Network for Good had good tools for creating reports, I would like to see better tools and options for creating reports.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

For the integral email, text, video messaging, and direct mail features their application and for the reasonably priced fundraising coaching and counseling offered.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Eleo was very easy to use and economical for a small nonprofit; however, it did not have the robust communication tools we were looking for.

Hey Dean, thank you for the glowing feedback about Bonterra Guided Fundraising! We're pumped to hear our tools are strengthening donor connections and our support is advancing your success. Your input on improving report generation is so valuable as we constantly refine our features. Please reach out if you need anything at all - we're always here to help! Keep up the great work!

Trish

Real Estate, 1 employee

Great product!!

PROS

Training was fantastic. I am a novice so the person to person helped formulate priorities and strategies to work for our organization.

CONS

Learning curve but that would be such for any product for us.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

recommendation from another NFP that loves your product too!

Hi Trish, it's great to hear that you and your team have found our platform user-friendly so that you can continue progressing your mission. The referral is fantastic, too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Replied June 2024

Kimberly

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

From Rookie to Professional during a pandemic!

When we signed on with NFG, I had no Donor Management Software experience. I was the definition of a Rookie! In addition, our organization was small, but growing rapidly, and the donor records were not in the best order when I joined the staff. The task to get it all organized and ready to upload in the system was the hardest part, but the NFG team was encouraging and helpful. Our initial contact list was pretty small, but it has more than doubled in a year! Our fundraising coach was amazing from the beginning! She was patient, encouraging, held me accountable, and was so dedicated to our success! In between our meetings, I would participate in webinars to expand my knowledge of the software and new fundraising strategies during a worldwide pandemic! When I look at all that we have learned and how far we have come in a year, I am in awe and full of gratitude and appreciation for the Network for Good team! I can say with confidence I am no longer a "Rookie," but consider myself a professional, ready and eager to learn more! I smile thinking about where we will be at this time next year because I know the Network for Good team will continue to coach and encourage us on towards excellence in the fundraising field! Thank you for having faith in us and for continuing to develop strong, confident fundraising leaders, even in the midst of the uncertainty, challenge and difficulty our country and world has faced this year.

PROS

First and foremost, we love the customer service and support team! They make you feel at ease from the start and they walk you through the entire process. We love the webinars, resource library, video message feature, built in email system and the text-to-give feature. The task bar keeps you on track and the Activity feed allows you to see what your team has been working on if you need a quick reference.

CONS

Because there are so many features, sometimes I forget how to navigate to something. This is more due to my "Rookie" status, than the software.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

We love the built in email system and the video feature! We also like the customer service!

Heather

Reviewed June 2021

Great Product! Don't know what we'd do without Network for Good!!

Our overall experience with Network for Good has been wonderful! When looking at a new donor management system we compared several platforms and are very happy we went with Network for Good!

PROS

The one feature that has completely boosted our fundraising are the Donor Engagement Plans that Network for Good has to offer. This has been a huge help to us in the past year! Especially not being able to do in person events. It has definitely boosted our online giving by at least 10%!! Love how simple and easy the platform is to navigate and use. They offer lots of flexibility in creating communication messages with donors.

CONS

The only con I can think of is that you cannot automatically setup ACH donations to be processed through Network for Good. We have a handful of monthly donors who give through Direct Deposit.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

It looked to be the best product for the price. It offered everything we were looking for at an affordable price! Also, they were very great to work with in the beginning, showing us our options and how Network for Good would work for our organization.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Our previous system just not do all we needed it to do.

Hi Heather, Thanks for the review! Congratulations on your growth - and way to utilize our engagement plans! It's exciting to hear about all the ways our software has helped your nonprofit achieve its goals. It means a lot that you've taken the time to review us. These comments help us continually improve! Stats are looking even more promising this year! Best of luck :) Kathleen

Replied December 2021

Amy

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Network for Good - friendly interface and great communication features for nonprofits

We received consistently good support from Network for Good during the transition period when we migrated our data from the old system into the new program. They helped us figure out how to best set up our new management system. The technical support is also very good. We receive responses to questions very quickly or within a few hours.

PROS

Network for Good's design and bundled features make it extra easy for our Executive Director and staff of our small nonprofit organization to handle donor management tasks and communicate with our donors and other contacts. We had been using another donor management system with a much less user-friendly interface and only two people were able to figure out how to use it. Now, our Executive Director and other staff are regularly using the features without needing constant help. The way the interface is designed actually encourages you to communicate more with your donors, by email, videos or texts because it's so easy. We use Network for Good for email blasts, mailings and text messaging, so we were able to cancel our Constant Contact and text messaging contracts and move everything into Network for Good. It helps to have all of our contacts and their information in one place. During the pandemic when our program went virtual, we started text messaging our members (our clients) about scheduled Zoom meetings, and have continued to use this as an effective communication device. Another nice feature are the "Giving Pages," which are attractively designed pages to handle online donations for specific events or purposes. These can be embedded on our website. We've created several giving pages that have helped us raise thousands of dollars for our new building, annual fund, etc.

CONS

The only feature that I would want to improve is to make the design of the giving pages a little more flexible.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

eTapestry was too difficult for our staff to use.

Hi Amy, Thanks for the review! We're excited to receive this feedback because it means we're accomplishing our mission of helping nonprofits grow their good. Being able to work as a team and reach out to your donors in a way that is fun and simple is so important. We'll share your comments with our product team and use it to help us continually improve. Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing awesome things :) Kathleen

Replied December 2021

Nazarina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for the Value!

Overall, this is a great product. The ease of use is without match and it is perfect for an organization of our size and capacity. I love that people can fundraise for us, and look forward to engaging more donors to do this as we get even more of a handle on the software.

PROS

I love how accessible this software is. When you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to learning a new program, for the most part, this is extremely intuitive and you can learn as you go, and in nonprofit where things move really quickly and you may wear many hats, I am sure this is something very appreciated by users.

CONS

I would have like auto-acknowledge in the system for online gifts. Imports should be easier. If I name a campaign that is remotely like something that already exists in the system, the system should allow me to choose it instead of duplicating and causing a "data mess." "Global changes" if such a mess occurs would be helpful so that everything can be changed at once instead of one by one. Not being able to refund in the system is also a pain. Peer-to-Peer could also be easier in that it is difficult to do so as an organization or business as opposed to a person, every time we use it, we have to find creative ways to edit the name above so that the fundraisers can appear as desired by the teams starting the page.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

ease of use, pricing, peer to pear function

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Peer-to-Peer was extremely important to us. The pandemic changed the way we had to engage with our donors and NFG allowed us the flexibility needed to adapt.

Kierstin

Reviewed July 2022

Good value, great functionality

I am very satisfied with the product so far. My team sees the value in it and we are able to justify the cost even as a small non-profit because of the value it provides us as a donation platform and advanced CRM.

PROS

I love the ability to send videos to a donor by recording and personalizing the message all within the platform. I had spent a lot of time in the past trying to find a third party to host these features and could not find anything as simple or integrated as this. The custom reports and groups are very easy to create and help to organize our data well. The user experience is great -- it was much easier to learn and then to teach my team than other softwares like SalesForce. I like that the appearance is simple and clean. We really appreciated the assistance with data migration from our old software.

CONS

I wish that for the price it included a dedicated support representative instead of the ticketing system they have in place. The response time is usually good but I prefer being able to ask someone for help that I already have a relationship with. I also wish there was a bit more technical help -- like a 30 minute one-on-one live virtual tutorial -- with onboarding items like mapping with Quickbooks or setting up the email domains. We are a small team and none of us are trained in IT support. Reading the help articles only helps so much. The last thing I will mention is that I receive a lot of automated emails from multiple people on their team and it becomes a bit overwhelming especially in the beginning of learning the new technology.

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

They did not have some of the technology built out that NFG has. However, they are close behind. Weeks after we signed a contract with NFG, Hubspot released much of the functionality we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

We had almost no CRM functionality and needed to upgrade our systems as our company grew. The old way of doing things manually and individually was not okay anymore. Year-end reporting was a beast and there was no integration with Quickbooks.

Kate

Reviewed February 2023

Greatly disappointed

We regret switching to Network for Good and are in search of a replacement.

PROS

Having email and text messaging integrated with the donor management function is very helpful.

CONS

There are a lot of features lacking, and they are not receptive to feedback/requests for improvements or changes. The reporting customization options leave a lot to be desired in comparison to our previous system. Many things that seem like they should be easy to automate must be done manually. They accept PayPal, and they offer no way to charge donor cards. Constituent addresses are automatically shortened (e.g.: Street becomes St), which creates a lot of extra work when generating a mailing where we want addresses fully spelled out on the envelope. Peer-to-peer fundraising is clunky and siloed in a different place than other donations, making reporting difficult.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

We wanted email and text messaging to be integrated with donor management, but we are strongly considering switching back to Neon because everything else worked better under that system.

Hi Kate, Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you are finding our all-in-one communications tools useful for building relationships with your donors. I'm passing this along to our product team who are always looking for ways to improve our reporting and giving tools. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and thanks for being a Network for Good customer! Kathleen

Replied March 2023

Midge

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Recent migration from ticket based system

Really very good

PROS

Ease of use. Well organized. Competively maintained.

CONS

There is always something that needs to be improved. My sense is that NFG is committed to staying ahead of the curve with this issue. Would love to have a more streamlined process to track couples with different last names. Users with different email addresses can be an issue. And in NYC, tracking households by mailing address in white glove buildings where Apt numbers are often not used can be problematic

Reason for choosing Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Blackbaud is too robust and complicated for our needs. Give Lively is not robust enough. NFG is a good fit for our organization.

Reasons for switching to Bonterra Guided Fundraising

Spektrix is more focused on ticketing. We need donor data.

Bethany