What are Polis users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Polis software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software and its​ capabilities seemed promising at first. The way the salesperson sold Polis made it seem like the perfect solution to our door to door campaign."
  • icon"Because of the major failures, we decided to request a refund. That was almost three weeks ago now, and we haven't had a single response from their team."

Browse all Polis Reviews

• Have you used Polis and would like to share your experience with others?

Gamechanger for door to door sales

More effective sales forces

Pros

Incredible ability to gather data on houses before and after we knock on the doors. Makes our sales force much more effective

Response from Polis, Inc.

Glad that you liked it! Let us know what we can do to keep improving.

Replied December 2017

Margo

Makes a tough job easy

Polis takes a daunting task and makes it tangible and actionable. I'm campaign manager for a grassroots campaign for a Burbank, CA city council seat, so we rely on the goodness of several volunteers' hearts to keep spreading the word about our awesome candidate. To that end, it's invaluable to us to have a tool that takes the difficulty out of the task of canvassing and lets them concentrate on the delivery of the message rather than its content or the logistics of which houses to visit. This is an awesome app for any campaign or marketing initiative, no matter the budget. I have several years of experience in apps/sites and usability, and there are a few tweaks I'd suggest (e.g. Some house numbers are unreadable in the map view, and if I re-click into a house, I see all the previously inputted answers except for data entered like email or phone). But all in all, this is a fantastic tool.

Pros

Makes a daunting task actionable for people who have different interest levels and motivations.

Cons

There are small usability things to fix, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Industry: Utilities

An absolute disappointment.

Disappointing. We were sold on a great product and a great support team. My initial dealings with Polis were hopeful and our team felt great about purchasing their software. However, once technical problems arose, their team seemed to be incapable of fixing them. Our account manager did not communicate anything about any of these issues, nor did he offer us any assistance when I messaged him expressing our concerns about the bugs and crashes that our canvassers were experiencing. Worst of all when we requested a refund because of their lousy software not working at all, we got​ zero response from their team. Avoid!

Pros

Cons

We purchased a license for 17 people for 3 months. The app began crashing for our canvassers in the first week of use. Our account manager and the support team promised us that their dev team was fixing it, and that it wouldn't be a problem. The bugs/crashes continued, with our account manager implying that because we had so many users on one account their software was unable to handle the volume of what we needed to do (this volume was very clearly expressed in the sales process AND we paid for each user to use the app). Fast forward 2 months, the app was still crashing every single day for every one of our canvassers, making it impossible for them to do their job, or for us to run our door to door campaign. Because of the major failures, we decided to request a refund... That was almost three weeks ago now, and we haven't had a single response from their team. I have sent multiple follow up emails to their salesperson, account manager, and support team without hearing back.

Response from Polis

Polis has a long history of strong reviews and positive user experiences which speaks immense volumes to the capabilities and the advanced technology found in the Polis App. We are sad to see a client who we value have such a negative experience given our track record of helping to ensure success. In the case of Lawn Love, we fell short in the eyes of the client which is something that we recognize happens even in some of the most promising of partnerships. The Polis App is built to be flexible and nimble so that specific user needs are typically met. In the case of Lawn Love, those flexibilities were difficult to turn around in a short development window, even though our Support teams found ways for the App to help Lawn Love accomplish it's goals. These recommendations were not implemented by our client. Polis followed its outlined Customer Support SLA with precision and professionalism, but ultimately, Lawn Love requested a refund, which Polis gladly provided.

Replied July 2019

Matthew

June 2016

Huge time saver

I had the opportunity to use Polis in a local election that focused on ~17,000 voters. It took a little getting used to not having to cut turf or even assign canvassing areas to canvassers. In fact I even called them up to be sure "that's it?" After tying the Polis software into the backend of our database software we uploaded the ENTIRE target list (~17k) into Polis and, yes, "That's it!" After that we sent out our canvassers to different intersections and told them to hit the "Get Started" button and off they went. Scary simple. Polis is a young upstart with tons of potential. They do have a few items that I feel need some addressing and after speaking with them they already have them on their list. Here are my suggestions for improvement: - More/better survey customization - Multi target upload lists that can be specifically assigned (e.g. followup engagements by candidate) - More target data visible when canvassing All in all - we will most certainly be utilizing Polis again and recommend it to any campaign wanting to maximize their time efficiency.

Joe

Industry: Political Organization

Accessibility is top notch

Polis is easy to use and the availability and accessibility of the customer service personnel is amazing.

Pros

Easy of use, both as a canvassers and as an admin.

Cons

I can't remove the lists I upload. I have to rely on customer service reps to do that.

Chela

Awesome Tool for you canvasing!

Pros

We don't normally do canvasing in our line of work but when business is slow, we have our guys go out and do some canvasing and once we found Polis it's been great! We have everything on the app so nothing gets miscommunicated!

Cons

They really need to work on their updates and their progression. Everything in the app is great but certain features are at time to troubling to figure out and quite unresourceful.

Frank

May 2016

Polis has gone the extra mile to get us up and running and to meet all our outrageous expectations!

The product we are using seems PERFECT for an insurgency campaign. We get the benefits of professional grade product but with an ease of operation that makes amateurs look and compete like pros. As we go forward, I am sure there will be hiccups, but I am confident that they will be handled promptly and completely. That is the best part of the Polis experience. Proactive customer service that doesn't wait to hear about a problem. They seem to be with us each step of the way, ready to make the application and our experience optimal.

Alexandra

Great Cavasing tool!

Pros

We decided that we needed to record our day-to-day canvasing for our business and with Polis everything was very handy and easy.

Cons

The only thing I can point out is that they need to update their software. It needs a little bit of work but other than that, it's all good!

Steven

Time used: Free Trial

I have been using Polis for about 2 months now and have nothing but good things to say about the app. It has been easy to use for our canvassers. I am waiting for the next update to see what they had to the system. I would recommend this software with out reservation.

Matt

September 2016

Great Customer Service

I had a wonderful experience with Connor my Customer Service Agent, he went above and beyond my expectations.

Pros

Customer Service

Cons

Response from Polis, Inc.

Glad you had a good experience using Polis. Thanks Matt!

Replied September 2016

June 2016

Any Easy and Powerful Canvassing Tool

The polis app was a great addition to our grassroots campaign to petition on a primary ballot. Volunteers were able to walk in unfamiliar neighborhoods with confidence and the app interface was very easy for our volunteers to use. The dash board was incredibly useful to track our progress and target areas that needed more attention. The Polis staff were incredibly helpful, checking in on our progress and available to answer any questions. I highly recommend this product.

Polis