• Pros

• "Once you go over the system a few times it's pretty self explanatory. It might just be easy because we're a small organization but the data is easy to compile."

• "It is very flexible to collect data. We can create numerous reports to obtain data from the database. Very easy to use for critiques and meetings. Completely integrates with our AP program."

• "I like how much data is captured on applications and reviews. This is helpful for generating outcomes summaries. "

• Cons

• "It is difficult to remember how to find some of the functions and there are a few more functions that we would like to see."

• "The actual interface is dated looking and finding certain functions is not very intuitive. As a new user, I found customer support was necessary frequently."

• "I feel like some parts are counter-intuitive or not user-friendly. I would like to see improvements to the way that custom reports are pulled together. "

Browse proposalCENTRAL Reviews

I use ProposalCENTRAL to coordinate pre-award and post-award review of applications/awards.

Karen from Muscular Dystrophy Association

Industry: Research

Initially a little hard to navigate but after time very intuitive with the grants process.

We had several benefits including consistency in reporting, ability to see overdue reports, quick communication with awardees and integration with our AP systems.

Pros

Cons

The Report Builder is not a quick way to access information. A lot of manual manipulation is required for reports.

Leah from The Pablove Foundation

The program is somewhat not intuitive and requires a lot of training and use to be proficient

One big benefit is having a platform to "advertise" our grant opportunity. The biggest benefit though would be having a GMS that is cloud based, making it accessible to all employees anywhere at anytime.

Pros

I like the functions offered through pC. What makes it different from other grant management software is that it also functions as a platform for applicants to search for grant opportunities and keep all their applications in one place.

Emily from Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance

User friendly, great costumer service, makes review process easy

Pros

Cons

I'm not always clear about what I can change vs what the grantee has to change, sometimes a small/easy to miss detail can make a huge difference.

Carla from The Welch Foundation

Overall, this software accommodates a full online experience and hastens internal processes.

Pros

The ability to maintain all grant information in one place. The willingness of the company to edit, modify and upgrade the software for specific needs. Customer Support is one of the best I've ever experienced. They are very prompt in responses and problem solutions.

Cons

Functionality is somewhat old school and labor intensive. Reporting limited especially if you're using all aspects of the software.

Heather from American Brain Tumor Association

Overall proposalCENTRAL has been a huge improvement over our previous system.

Pros

It does just about everything that we need for managing applications and awarded grants. There is very little that we need to do manually anymore. The report builder is also very helpful. Customer Support consistently responds within an hour or two.

Sandra from Cystic Fibrosis Canada

My experience with PC is positive overall.

Saving time and paper and manual tasks

Pros

It has eliminated the need for data entry for our grant competitions and minimized a manual tasks. - it has changed my life :-)

Cons

I don't like some of its defautls - specially the Head of the Institution defaulting to the financial officer etc

TRICIA from IARS

The customer support is outstanding!

Pros

I greatly appreciate the patience, expertise and support of Stefanie Chernyakov, my client support analyst. Also, my reviewers seem very familiar and capable with the software.

Cons

Grant making is new to me, so I have a steep learning curve. I'm finding the software a bit complicated, but I'm getting more efficient at it all of the time.

Susan from SupportKids

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Service was AWEsome!

I simply wanted to compliment [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Service (on duty [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). He was very knowledgable about how to get around the PDF issue I was having. It is only thanks to his efficiency and attention to my proposal that I was able to submit accurate documentations, and make the deadline!!

Pros

Am writing only to compliment a Customer Service Rep

Cons

Am writing only to compliment a Customer Service Rep

Hongxia from American Association for Cancer Research

I just started using the platform in Feb 2018: review postaward progress and setup two new grants.

Pros

The custom support is absolutely great. They are very patient, professional, and accommodating in helping out.

Cons

The new grant setup process. I wish I had more control on the platform formats/contents. Instead, I have to contact the customer support to change lots of details.

Hana from NIH-OD

Industry: Research

The system functions seems to be repetitive and hard to use.

Pros

some aspects of it are simple and very intuitive. It is easy to log on and could be launched from any work station without having to go a server. It is safe and I never had an issue with security.

Cons

Many 1- Post award is the worst function. Once a user is in that function, there is no way to go back to the main menu. 2- some common sense aspects are missing, for example, looking for applications list, once one has the list there should be a link to the full application instead of going to another function to see that. And figuring out the other function is not an easy task! 3- If one need to extract a section from an application such as the Abstract, there is no way of doing do. Again, I have not been able to figure that out!

Emily from Challenge Aspen

proposalCENTRAL for grants

I love that it notifies the person responsible when a deliverable is due.

Pros

This is a really easy and streamlined way for non-profits to submit grants, grant reports, and expenditures.

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing to navigate as there are a lot of menus and a lot of options/places you can visit on the site.