• Pros

• "We are very happy with the ease of using this platform."

• "I like the friendly and welcoming look of the appeals I have received. The layout and ease of use are great."

• "Easy to use for the staff person as well as for the end user Social share feature works well Customer service support is good Great insights and reports"

• Cons

• "The formatting of text and images in the emails and actions is a little wonky. I can't directly copy and paste from a document with existing formatting so it takes more time to reformat in Salsa."

• "It was hard to find the time to train but I am really glad I did. It makes things so much easier in the long run. "

• "The queries get a little complicated, but not impossible. "

Browse Salsa Engage Reviews

Blake from TMI Project

Industry: Performing Arts

The "favorite child" of the Salsa family

I wish that the Salsa family would update the CRM platform to match the workflow, UX, and ease of use to its sister product Engage, which is extremely well-designed. I love working on the Engage platform and hope to see more updates as time allows.

Pros

This is the better of the Salsa products. It offers a "mini CRM" that, while less comprehensive than its sister software Salsa CRM, offers enough functionality to feel like a CRM; additionally, its connectivity to the CRM platform makes it an extremely useful, multi-layered marketing tool that offers solid email, content, and social capabilities, in addition to good fundraising tools.

Cons

The only flaw would be with their P2P program which doesn't offer very extensive coverage on personal progress bars, public-facing donor info, or easy-to-navigate user capabilities. Additionally, I wish Salsa Engage would offer a link to some sort of ticketing software in order to make our events flow better.

Reasons for Choosing Salsa Engage

Salsa Engage made the most sense as it was the most powerful of all the other software platforms we explored.

Reasons for Switching to Salsa Engage

Our organization grew out of DonorPerfect and wanted a tool that combined multi-level marketing and CRM capabilities.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied January 2021

Hello Blake! We hope TMI continues to succeed using Salsa Engage for their marketing & fundraising initiatives! As for the Salsa CRM platform, we have ongoing renovations and continue to release new updates and features designed for an improved user experience.

Geraldine from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great platform

Very happy we chose to use Salsa Engage as our database. Our team finds it very user-friendly.

Pros

We are very happy with the ease of using this platform.

Cons

The reporting function is always a struggle for us.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied June 2020

Geraldine - Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review!

Kendra from Coastal Connections, Inc

Coastal Connections' Review of Salsa Enage

Pros

Ability to customize forms, events, fundraisers, etc

Cons

I wish there were more diverse templates to pick from. I am not the most creative and I would like to custom build forms and events from templates. The templates help boost my creativity so more would be better. Also, I do not like that I cannot keep the template pictures or icons when customizing a form or event. There should be a template photo or icon library available for customers to use.

Designed to make Life difficult

We have been using it for two years and have done several events and countless email blasts and the learning curve is still way too steep. We frequently have requests for simple things like linking directly to the ticket sales page and we have to wait a year for implementation because the process is in a widget. We will be switching to something more user friendly.

Pros

It was not as expensive as some of the other professional suites.

Cons

This is the most non intuitive program i have ever used. It can do what you need but it is not going to be easy to get there and will take days if you have to go back and forth with the help center. They don't appear to be super compatible with safari. They open helpful windows and the close function will be off screen. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to get something done and have a pop obscure your window and you can't close it. I stopped to write this review because thats where I am and it has happened more then once this year. The help documents on-line frequently do not match the program or the information is obtuse. They will give an instruction but not how to reach the page where the function is buried and the screen shot will look nothing like the current program. Do you assume its outdated or spend an hour looking for the secret portal...It will not be where you logically thing it should be. There query system for generating and outputting mailing lists is cumbersome and takes several steps to achieve what seems like a simple task. If you need to know who was added to your database this year you have to select several pulldowns before you can select the date. If you output the wrong way it will delete the first digit of any zip code that starts with zero. The design engine for email blasts is clunky and leaves too much space between elements that can't be adjusted. It makes for some awkward spacing and alignment.

Brittany from CIL

Salsa is a GREAT Option for Non Profits with a Budget

very positive. they listen to feedback on how to make the system better and investing money into developing it. will work with you to resolves road blocks you might have and create work arounds if needed.

Pros

customer service is an asset! You can get someone on the phone to answer your questions and also a quick response via email. they do a good job investing in updating the system to bring more functions to it. for the price points a great tool that non profits can use for a variety of functions, eblasts peer to peer, donation pages

Cons

wish they had a live instant chat option for questions and also more monthly trainings and how other non profits are using the system to spark networking and be a resource in the industry

Reasons for Choosing Salsa Engage

price was best for the functionality

Reasons for Switching to Salsa Engage

Kindful had horrible customer service, could not get a timely response on questions . in ability to customize simple things on peer to peer , not flexible or open to input on how to make the systme better

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied March 2021

Brittany, Thank you so much for the feedback. You'll be interested to know that out support team is adding a live chat option!

Jessica from Horses For Clean Water

Not My Favorite for Email Marketing

I use Salsa to send monthly newsletters and occasional standalone emails to supporters of a non-profit I do marketing consulting for.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Salsa CRM. That's about it, though.

Cons

Pretty much everything. The user interface--while greatly improved recently over what it used to be--is clunky, outdated, and not user-friendly. It looks like a drag and drop editor, but it's far less intuitive than one would hope. Everything is 10x more complicated than it needs to be. Having used other email marketing platforms, this one is definitely my least favorite.

Reasons for Switching to Salsa Engage

I didn't make the choice. I wish we hadn't switched.

Kalyn from Western Michigan University

Great drag and drop system!

We can combine all of our external communications including event pages, donation pages, and email marketing into one platform!

Pros

Love the easy marketing platform engage has built with the ability to craft visually dynamic emails and all of our event/fundraising pages!

Cons

The company does quite a few updates, which is great, however, sometimes these cause a bug in the system and it will interfere with functionality temporarily.

Grace from Able South Carolina

Hard(ish) to learn, but great functionality

Our nonprofit uses Salsa Engage for grassroots advocacy, fundraising, communications, and event planning. Being able to combine four different services into one integrative platform has saved the organization countless hours and effort.

Pros

Salsa Engage really seems to do it all. We use it as our grassroots advocacy platform and are able to track interactions from our campaign. This allows us to collect tangible data about how many people called, emailed, or mailed their representatives. Salsa Engage has also replaced our giving pages, Eventbrite, and MailChimp. It's been so great to have one platform for all our communications and be able to track and connect everything. When things get complicated, customer support is usually a 10-minute hold and are able to walk me through it.

Cons

Setting up Salsa Engage and CRM took FOREVER! I didn't have a whole lot of time set aside to set it up, but even if I had, I expect it took at least 20 hours. Now that it's set up and I've completed the online training, I still find hidden issues with just about everything it does. The good news is customer support is always able to explain exactly what I need to do to fix it. I know eventually, I'll have worked through all the issues and will just know better.

Jacqueline from Lifestyle Medicine Foundation

Does what we need but have come across many, many issues

We still use this software because we're already signed on and it does what we need. However, I have been very frustrated with it for some time.

Pros

Helps us do all of our engagement in one platform whereas we had multiple softwares before. Like the 'all in one' aspect of it. Good support team.

Cons

Many issues and lack of simple necessary functions. Email formatting issues, preview issues, viewer interface sorting issues, cumbersome editing, social media publishing is cumbersome. Overall, found many aggravating issues.

Response from Dan

Replied February 2018

Hi Jacqueline - We are concerned about your review because this is the opposite of what we're hearing from our other Engage users. We will have our Smart Start strategist Ilona reach out to you immediately to see if we can help you get more comfortable with the tools.

Alan from Hillcrest Christian Academy

Great product...great service!

I highly recommend DonorPro to all non-profits, large and small. The company cares about you and works with you to make sure you are happy and well-versed with their product!

Pros

DonorPro is easy to use, and has many features, many of which I have not even explored yet. They are continually improving their product, and they have the best customer service department in the industry. DonorPro helps us do what we need to do efficiently and effectively. The auction module was amazing, and helped us effectively run our auction, thank our attendees, donors, and buyers without anyone falling through the cracks

Cons

There are always going to be ways to improve a product like this, probably something different for every organization that uses it, but for the money and the flexibility, there is no better product out there.

jeffrey from AE911Truth.org

More Apple, Less PC: Incredibly Robust software, yet needs ease of use

Pros

The vast amount of robust capabilities built into the software platform, always finding new ways of accomplishing tasks and eventually easier ways of doing them.

Cons

It has more of a Microsoft/tech geek feel to the GUI and application's use, rather than the Apple business model for ease-of-use right out of the box, that most non-profit volunteers/activists are accustomed to using for getting a task done quickly — the obvious metaphor to me the difference between the mechanic who wants to get under the hood of his new car and tweak and modify like a hot rod, compared to the average person who wants to drive a Honda off the lot, to get from A-to-B effortlessly and reliably without much thought because they have bigger jobs to do than figure out the mode of transporation, that the car is just a tool and you shouldn't have to take multiple mechanic classes to figure out how to drive it. Albeit, Mailchimp is a different platform for smaller email tasks for small groups, yet their ease-of-use GUI model helps the lay person get done quickly and with less confusion. Our IT personnel love the Salsa platform which is all that really needs to be said, yet the people who have to use it on a daily basis compare it to a flight cockpit of endless switches and tabs. For a premiere email database platform that Salsa is, I'm still waiting for emails I send to be fully-responsive and readable on the smallest smartphone. Just not there yet. Mentioned that at the last Salsa training event in San Francisco last fall, which we were told is coming... Still love the software platform. Even though the FAQs leave you wanting and confused with laborious hoops to jump through for answers to problems that mostly don't seem to work, sending a ticket to Salsa gets a quick, friendly response, a great answer and usually a screen capture of what precisely to do in a succinct manner, which should populate the FAQ area instead and the answer model to use. And one last thought, as with the SF training event mentioned here, and the last Salsa conference in Virginia, it was an obvious sea of Apple laptops and iPads across the board at all events, all tables. So, the clientele around DC and elsewhere, the core target demographic for your software that traveled to the conference, prefer out of-the-box, ease-of-use products to get the job done, quickly.

Derek from Arthritis National Research Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Value and Functionality

I would recommend this solution over the other available nonprofit management enterprise solutions on the market. You get the most functionality for the money and they're constantly expanding the software's ability and support.

Pros

Almost all the digital marketing tools you'll need in one platform. Social media and email marketing, custom donation forms, drip campaigns, peer to peer software, event registration and donor segmentation. These are just the pros of the marketing side. The CRM, formerly DonorPro, includes robust reporting and tracking for all your needs from donation tracking to notes to event management, volunteer management and membership management. Truly and all inclusive system that is getting better and better all the time.

Cons

There have been some growing pains that have been mostly worked out in the transition to convert DonorPro into the Salsa platform. Communication between the CRM and the marketing software is still not entirely fluid, but it gets the job done effectively after you fully understand the system from training. The social media scheduling tool needs a little work to get on the hootsuite or sendible level, but again it still functions well for an all-inclusive solution for no extra money.

Kris from CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES

Trim and Fit

This software is ideal for a small to mid-sized non-profit. Easy to learn and easy to engage the constituent it is a turnkey solution that will hit the ground running. I loved the ease with which you can perform fairly complex tasks - globally moving groups of donations from one category to another, the api to an online interface such as Constituent 360 (formerly COnvio), the setup[ of security groups and individual accounts. All of their data fields can be assigned different labels, and new ones can be created - for instance sub-appeals or packages - and they work! The level of customization is rare in the database industry. They have a simple tie in to Quickbooks as well. What tops everything is the customer service - their tier 3 support is just as accessible as their teir 1 support staff and all extraordinarily helpful and knowledgeable. I am highly impressed with TowerCare and especially their Donor Pro - constituent management system. I would choose them myself if I were to start a non-profit.

Pros

Its hard to pick one - customizable fields that still work with the query mechanism, the global change feature - powerful and easy, alongside that the ease with which you can back up and restore if you should happen to mess up (it happens), the clearly defined rules for creating user accounts, security roles, and limited accounts for volunteers. Pretty awesome software

Cons

Not much

Karen from Population Research Institute

So glad we switched!

I'd recommend Salsa Engage to anyone who wants to streamline their online outreach, especially if you have a small to mid-size organization with a small but dedicated team . And if you use Salsa CRM, it integrates so beautifully, you'll be glad you make this move.

Pros

First off, the superficial, but important fact that it looks great! It is also very simple to use. Getting our staff up a running with daily tasks, took only one or two hours of training, as opposed to weeks or months in Raiser's Edge. The templates are a great help and time saver. Even from scratch layout is super simple and intuitive. Engage offers expanded possibilities, like e-mail series, and A/B tests, and integrated donation pages, AND online advocacy! It has it all, with super built-in Analytics! Customer support, and our Success Coach, are key reasons for our success too! And, we are able to direct more resources to our projects, thanks to a real savings! Engage seamlessly integrates with the CRM which greatly simplifies data management. We still have room to grow with Engage, but are already achieving more that we ever could with Online Express. Salsa Engage beats it by miles!

Cons

Transition is NEVER fun! or simple! Plan for this if you are a making ANY database change. We lost about 20 of our monthly donors. Lesson learned. Plan, Plan, Plan, And ASK every single question you have and write down every single thing you need the new program to do. And make them show you how to get it done, before you purchase. This isn't Salsa specific. General transition advice form one who now knows! That said, Salsa has done everything to help us get up and running and we are thrilled!

Erin from Shenandoah Valley Network

June 2015

Salsa - flexible, multifaceted and great support team

Pros

Our non-profit aids other smaller non-profit organizations in outreach and advocacy efforts around a variety of issues. Salsa has been great for us because it so flexible and capable of many different types of outreach and advocacy. It has helped us with large scale campaigns and small scale, regular communication with supporters. We are even starting to use it for donor management. One really useful feature in Salsa is its ability to seemingly integrate into our webpage for advocacy actions, so folks can visit our page and take action without feeling like they're getting shuttled somewhere else where their contact information/identity may feel less secure. It is also fun to watch the action unfold and track response on the back end to evaluate the effectiveness of our campaign. The best part - if you run into a wall using the software, Salsa's support team is very quick to respond and amazingly helpful.

Cons

Salsa, at times, can seem very complicated to use, but that is because it is such a powerful, multifaceted tool. And, like I mentioned, when it gets complicated, Salsa's support team is right there to help. One wish for the software would be that web and email templates could be a little more easy to put together, more flexible and more polished. This may speak more to my lack of design code knowledge than of Salsa Software, but I feel like my final html email products aren't as shiny as some I've produced in html email specific software.

Beth from NRCM

User friendly effective tool

We have been using Salsa for more than 18 months and are happy with the product. There have been numerous updates and improvements in social media sharing and other pieces since we signed on with Salsa, and we are happy with those changes. Customer support has improved dramatically since we first signed on, and I feel like we hear back with solutions to our problems, though sometimes I wish they could update incorrect legislative district information more quickly so that folks could take action when an issue is "hot." We use Salsa for advocacy actions, events, P2P fundraising, and donations and I feel like it is a very comprehensive tool to take care of all of those pieces of our work. I would recommend Salsa to organizations looking for online tools to advance their work.

Pros

Cons

Isn't easily compatible with our offline database Takes a while to update incorrect House and Senate district information when it's incorrect for constituents

Paulette from Ms. Foundation for Women

June 2015

Two organizations. Five years. Salsa makes it easy.

Pros

Simplicity of use - at least the basics - regardless of the web development skillset of the staff. The packages are also customizable for the needs of one's organization: if you need the whole kit 'n' kaboodle, you get it. If not, you get only what you need. You can also set permission levels for staff to control who can do what to which parts of the packages.

Cons

The look of the forms! For orgs that can't splurge on a web developer/designer, it can be absolutely frustrating to have to clean up so many of Salsa's forms just to get them to be visually pleasing. Also, much of the common changes that orgs want to make seem to be found in some special coding: wouldn't it be easier to provide the types of forms with info most people want, but give them the option to take it off (rather than having to know and trust their coding skills to add them)?

Shauna from Touchstone Center for Crafts

Salsa Engage improved our event management and communication

Pros

The event software allowed our small arts organization the ability to have online ticketing for events, which saved tons of staff time because they no longer need to take phone reservations. We have a better count of open to the public events also, because we ask supporters to make a no charge reservation online. The system put our e-mail communications together with all of our online communications. It is easy to use and the built in templates are simple to modify.

Cons

The system works well for us and we regularly use all of the features. Our supporters like being able to access event registrations when it is convenient for them.

March 2009

Jacquline from Brittany's Hope Foundation

March 2009

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone!

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone! After comparing it to some of the other software programs available we have learned two very important things. 1) It incorporates so many things that you would otherwise have to purchase multiple software programs to accomplish what Donor Pro does with just one. The result of this is a very significant savings which means everything to a non-profit. 2) No company has yet compared to their customer service team. They are always ready to hear customer feedback on what they can do to improve their software to better accomodate their customers, and they not only listen, but they actually follow through and incorporate those suggestions.

Pros

We cannot say enough positive things about Donor Pro. We are able to operate almost our entire office off of this software, and use it to accomadate the employees that work from home. It can easily be adapted to fit so many of our non-profits needs. We would be lost without it. The best thing about the company, by far, is their customer service. They always exceed our expectations. Our Director of Development has used several donor management software programs in her previous positions, and stated on many occasions none of them compared to all the features that donor pro offers. She is constantly amazed when she learns about a new feature and the ease of use. One of the things that highly impresses me is how easily you can make a request for an enhancement, and then how quickly you see it incorporated into a future upgrade.

Cons

We have been customers for almost 4 years now and still have no negative feedback to offer.

Ken from ARVC Foundation

Salsa Engage

Easy to use and support team is on top of their game. They always answer my calls and respond to me quickly. They helped me create some incredible reports, these reports that make my job easier.

Pros

I find Salsa Engage is very easy to use and very easy to maneuver around. My questions are often answered just by playing around in the software. The support team is always helplful and they respond in a very timely manner

Cons

I personally don't like trying out new software, I usually don't like the change. I didn't like the look the first time I used it, but that changed once I starting using it. Worth the price for sure.

Adrienne from social service agency

Business Manager

Salsa has a great training program and their customer service department is very friendly and is able to help me out when I need assistance. Salsa Engage allows a small nonprofit to afford customized event forms.

Pros

Allows us to customize online forms for fundraising events at an affordable price. Easy to use and pull reports.

Cons

I do not like the fact that the donation information flows into the system without any way to approve it.

Olivia from The CLEO Institute

Salsa Engage for nonprofits

Its been ok. There are kinks that do sometimes get worked out by the company. Overall they have great customer service. So when I do have an issue, I get a quick response.

Pros

Salsa generally has a user-friendly interface. Its a platform that be used for everything from E-blasts, to fundraising, to sign-up forms and so much more. I believe there are many told and functions that I have not had an opportunity to use.

Cons

I mostly use for the e-blasts. I find the choices, formatting and other functions limited or strange. For example, the text boxes are finicky every time you make changes in one sentence it seems to make changes to entire text box, forcing you to reformat the whole box again. Also the formatting often doesn't always look great in news letters. There seems to be little room for customizing so that paragraphs and images line up properly, forcing us to put everything in a column rather than in more modern layouts.

Emily from Challenge Aspen

Salsa for Non-Profits

Salsa is good for general tracking of activities, donors, etc. I would recommend other CRMs over Salsa due to the outdated platform.

Pros

Salsa was good for making secure notes about participants/donors and tracking relationships and touches with the participant/donor.

Cons

Running reports is extremely difficult in Salsa. I think this feature could be updated and your customers would be a lot more pleased.

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied November 2019

Emily - Thank you for your review. It looks like it has been a couple of years since you have seen our software. We'd love to show you what we can do now! Please let us know if you are interested.

Jamie from Appalachian Voices

Gets the job done

Pros

Salsa provides us with most of the tools and products we need at a price affordable to small and mid-sized nonprofits. Their query and reporting tools are very robust and allow for detailed tracking of supporter actions.

Cons

It is fairly challenging to customize the look and feel of the donation and signup forms, and their out-of-the-box design is fairly clunky and not super modern. It would be nice if their developers were a little more receptive to working on customizations and improvements (as one-off projects outside of the monthly fee schedule).

Steve from Lisa's Army

Chose Salsa after extensive trade study and so far am glad we did

Tough to choose among the many products out there, but Salsa was one of just a few that stood out above the rest for our needs. On my first pass I didn't include them in my top 5 down select, mainly because I thought having separate CRM and Engage products would be problematic. However Software Advice recommended taking a look, and when we did they ended up edging the competition. I spoke to a reference customer who said that the two products work well together, and was especially impressed with the progress the Salsa team has made in improving the products over the last year.

Pros

Customer service and attentiveness have been great. Much more personal than some of the other big name products, where I felt like we were a number in their sales pipeline. Like the kick start process that Salsa has in place.

Cons

None yet. We've just started to use it. Separate CRM and Engage products are not ideal, but they pull it off well. Skill Labs learning videos are really good, though it can be annoying that they force you to go in a certain order for some modules.

Ziggy from Truthout

July 2015

Mostly happy, but with some concerns.

Pros

As a full service product Salsa is an easier to use alternative to Salesforce (I used Salesforce for several years).

Cons

The administrative area is very hard on the eyes, sometimes buggy and poorly designed. The templating feature is draconian and lacks modern features like drag and drop. I encourage Salsa staff to sign up for a Mail Chimp demo and looks at how easy it is to create templates, on the fly, with no need to manipulate or import code. This applies to the donation page templates as well. Also, there aren't enough built in reports and building reports requires a degree in Salsa. It would be good if Salsa integrated with a greater number of merchants.

Lauren from KAHEA: The Hawaiian Environmental Alliance

June 2015

Great all inclusive product, attentive and helpful customer service.

Pros

I like that a variety of our needs are met by one sleek product. Not only is this convenient, not only does it centrally store our supporter data, it also provides invaluable context about that data, that would otherwise be very difficult to see. The ability to see these connections and trends is vital to the success of our campaigns.

Cons

The price is difficult to justify for a small non-profit.

Dan from ProActive Content

July 2015

Saves a ton of time behind the scenes of nonprofit work

Salsa has lots of features that save loads of time for a hard-pressed or over-extended nonprofit staff. Especially if you're relying mostly on volunteers. It helps keep track of donors -- how much and when they give. You can set up a peer to peer fundraising campaign so your supporters can have their own web pages to raise funds with You can set up a cause-campaign where you enable supporters to write letters to congressmen and other people in power. And it also easily collects and organizes information about donors and signups anytime someone enters their information. It can be set up to send out auto-responder emails any time someone gives or signs up. All this means you don't have to devote precious staff time to these tasks, once the Salsa system is in place. In addition, the customer support staff is highly responsive and works with you until things are working right. The only thing to be aware of is that a knowledge of html helps. If no one on your team has this knowledge, there are some features that will be harder to customize. There is a bit of a learning curve up front (anticipate spending a couple months getting things set up). Once it's "humming" along, it allows you to focus on other tasks -- the ones you'd rather be doing. Review from: www.proactivecontent.net

Karina from Foundation for Youth

Salsa Engage review

excellent

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive. Support is great!

Cons

Email driven. If corporate contact is used for private gift - record gets screwy

Too expensive

Response from Salsa Labs

Replied January 2021

Karina, We are excited that Foundation for Youth has found an intuitive, user-friendly solution with Salsa Engage! Thanks for your review.

Dawn from Wilderness Watch

Industry: Environmental Services

A good email and targeted letter solution

Pros

The ability to create form letters and send them via email was much needed for our organization. Customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Salsa seems a little slow in adopting the latest features and some of the design elements could be more customizable.

Ken from Carolina Honduras Health Foundation

We converted from another CRM to Salsa in May 2017. We are very satisfied with the move.

Accurate data and ease of creating reports.

Pros

First let me say Customer Support is excellent. The team is always responsive in helping to solve problems. The software is easy to use and creating reports is very intuitive. We can easily produce mailing lists which was one of the main objectives in moving to Salsa.

Cons

Creating email newsletters in Engage is not the easiest. We find we cannot format the material as easy as some other email vendors. One cannot easily size a photo to match the side text. It seems as if the text and column spaces are fixed in size. If you are willing to accept less visually attractive end produce the system is fine. We are considering moving to another email vendor for sending Newsletters.

Tristin from Oregon Head Start Association

July 2015

Satisfied with Salsa, but improvements can be made

Pros: Great for integrating all parts of our advocacy and communications into a single platform. It's nice to know who took action on advocacy alerts, read emails, and attended events all in one place. Scoring and smart groups are great for segmenting your supporter list. I love the new integration to pull in information from social media accounts (for free!) Salsa always rolls out improvements to their service that are not an extra charge. Cons: I personally don't like the graphical interface. I think it could use a facelift to match modern design concepts. There are many features available that are free to use, but you have to request to have activated. I haven't been able to find a list of these features, so I tend to find them while reading through the knowledge center. I'd love for everything that's available to be activated upon opening an account, rather than having to discover and request the features. Although there is a spot that tells you when the last update to a supporter record was made, you cannot find out what the update was or who it was made by. Some of the query tools are a little bit difficult to understand, for instance using greater than and less than with dates rather than before and after.

February 2015

Yun from NC state

February 2015

Very good product

Pros

When evaluating products, it looks like a nice one-stop-shop solution. But I am totally dissatisfied with this product. The vendor misrepresented the product, and it does not function well for most online donation functions and is extremely hard to use.

Cons

1) The pages are not mobile friendly at all. 51% of donations come via mobile, and yet, the templates they provide are not adaptive to mobile. 2) Emails that you use through their system are not viewable in a browser. This is a huge issue if you want to forward your newsletter and fundraising emails. 3) Configuration and setup were a nightmare. It's not something that someone who isn't a high level it person could do. We spent tons of time and money getting it set up, and it still was barely useable even after all that effort.

Frankie from The ALS Association Louisiana-Mississippi Chapter

Efficient and Effective

DonorPro has a great capacity for maintaining and reporting detailed information! DonorPro allows detailed input of patient information, relationships, services provided, as well as donor and donation data. And then, DonorPro makes retrieval of that information quick and easy. DonorPro's software is designed with the final output in mind. It "asks the questions" that a user needs in order to maintain a detailed and functional database. The user can maintain detailed information on each constituent and can also view the big picture through reports and queries. Also, the training and support are outstanding! There are so many ways to use DonorPro to its max that it is a waste to try to figure out everything on your own. The ease of use is dependent upon the user's investment in the opportunities and resources that are offered. Deep, thorough training is offered regularly; and, when I hit a bump in the road, the support staff is always prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. Every single time I have needed support, the team has responded quickly and accurately. There's not much about DonorPro that I don't like; most problems are caused by "user error."

Yvette from Bikes for the World

June 2015

We use Salsa to connect with supporters, volunteers, and donors

Pros

Staff is quick to respond and thoroughly explain any issues, whether they are technical or user errors. We like having everything in one place, from event coordination, to email blasts, donations, etc.

Cons

It's a little more technical to use than other products.

Ashley from AA Consulting

Easy to use!

DonorPro is so easy to navigate! Any one of our staff can learn how to use it within minutes. It's a great tool for many nonprofits to use as a donor database.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Email blasts

Richard from Toys 4 Smiles

Review of DonorPro Fundraising Customer Relationship Management Software System

Versatility: The product is cloud based so I have access anywhere that has an internet connection whether or not I have my own personal computer, tablet or iPhone available to me. Just pop on someone's laptop & login to the GO version losing very little functionality from the desktop / laptop version. So far I love the Vendor because of the excellent customer service that they are providing me. Experience: So far I have no complaints about either the software or the vendor. Interested: Get a demo, or better yet get access to login and use a demo database. Try using their customer service department to answer questions during the demo phase. Ease of Use: You have to get used to how the system was built, and how to move around all the functional available. There is so much that can be customized to your own needs. Issues - All my issues have been my lack of understanding - once I know how to use it, it has worked flawlessly. Customer Support - Award winning!! I have gotten quick response to questions posed, and I find that they even offer to assist further after the problem has been resolved.

Penny from Ceasefire Oregon

1.5

June 2015

Very powerful but could be more intuitive

Pros

Very powerful way to get out our advocacy alerts. I can easily target my audience with a specific amount of information (not too little, not too much).

Cons

Not so easy to use. I'd like to take advantage of more options but just don't have the time to learn what I need to learn.

Ntama from Africa faith & Justice Network

Salsalabs: Client Come First

Pros

This product is very easy to use. Sending mass emails, creating and managing groups. Salsa is good at responding and following up fast to clients requests for support of any kind.

Cons

The queries get a little complicated, but not impossible.

Diana from CURB

June 2015

Salsa is a great tool for advocacy and organizing

Pros

It is easy to access and has so many different ways of plugging in our network to advocacy or fundraising.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I really enjoy using the program and feel that I would recommend it to others. I have recommended to others!

Emma from Latin America Working Group

June 2015

Satisfied, but change the new log-in setup

Pros

It integrates our email, online donation, and advocacy needs in the same product.

Cons

Some of the email formatting is difficult. And my biggest pet peeve right now is that Salsa opens a new tab in my browser every time I want to sign in to Cosm. If you could just let it open in the same tab, that would be SO appreciated. Literally the only reason I am answering this survey.

August 2015

Tara from Endangered Species Coalition

1.5

August 2015

ESC alerts

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate, fairly easy to search, useful records such as donor files, etc. Like the groups and tags to be able to categorize our supporters.

Cons

Doesn't have basic functionality like spell check, font choices, etc

Barbara from The Parish School

June 2013

The Parish School transforms the lives of children who have language and learning differences by providing them the tools they need to recognize their strengths and utilize them to overcome their weaknesses as they learn. We researched database software for almost a year before we made our decision. We purchased DonorPro in 2007 and have never looked back. Implementation was a bit challenging, but it had nothing to do with DonorPro - the problems were all on our side. We give them an A+ for sticking with us and smoothing out the transfer of our data. Since implementation, we love the functionality and have built numerous custom queries and reports with ease. They continue to enhance the features and there are regular upgrades. The support team provides personal and quick answers to every question. As we learned, we asked some pretty simple questions and we were met with great patience and no judgement about our learning curve. We love working with DonorPro!

Kate from Milestone

Donor Pro - My Choice in Fundraising Software

I highly recommend you check out Donor Pro if you are looking for a database system. We've been so pleased we are having them design our new website.

Pros

After seeing a demo of Donor Pro I felt no need to look further. I love the robust nature of the system and how easy it is to use. The customer service is exemplary. Switching to Donor Pro has helped me be more efficient in my use of time, keep all my records in one place, manage my lists more effectively, plan for stewarding my donors and even handle events. It is a super system.

Cons

I don't really see any downsides to the product that I can testify too. I still have some trouble with running queries but that is more me than Donor Pro. If you ask the right question you will get the answer you're looking for. Customer service has always helped me out when I've gotten stuck.

Jeremy from National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition

June 2015

Overall good as an all-in-one advocate engagement tool, donor database

Pros

Reaching advocates via email is easy and the tracking tools are very helpful.

Cons

The donor database side of Salsa is not as robust as we'd like, but is mostly adequate.

Jackie from Arts Alliance Illinois

Industry: Fine Art

Salsa Arts Alliance Illinois Review

Pros

Salsa is an all in one tool for Arts Alliance Illinois (AAI) and has tremendously streamlined our communications. As an advocacy organization we were limited in our options for an all in one CRM.

Cons

Moving from multiple specified tools into an all in one, we did loose some details and specificity that a tool designed specifically for 1 purpose serves.

Karen from Born Free USA

2.5

2.5

June 2015

Good platform but needs some work

Pros

Salsa has provided great customer service -- whenever we have an issue, their tech support team gets on it ASAP and usually has everything resolved pretty quickly.

Cons

The system can be a little difficult to use in certain ways -- for instance, building donation pages can be buggy at times, as selecting social media functions causes the page you're working on to close, or when you're randomly forced to sign out and sign back in again because certain functions are no longer working in a single session (i.e. if you want to create two or more donation pages in a row, you need to log out and log back in before you build each new page or you won't be able to select the right template for the pages). These aren't MAJOR issues, but they are annoying when you're trying to bang out a lot of work. Another thing is that the STOREFRONT feature is sorely underdeveloped and could use a lot of work and additional functionality, such as the ability to calculate sales tax, built-in social media functionality, more dynamic product options (like the ability to charge different prices for different versions of the same store item, or the ability to select multiple product types on a single storefront item). You would need to get outside developers to build these features for you, if you really need them.

Stephanie from Keystone Research Center

June 2015

Office Manager uses multiple salsa tools

Pros

eblasts are easy, donation pages are seemlessly integrated with our website

Cons

getting donation reports in the format I would like is difficult

Kara from The Early Learning Institute

DonorPro Exceeds Expectations

Highly recommend.

Pros

I've used a variety of donor software programs over the years and in my 15+ years of experience, DonorPro is the best product available. It is intuitive, easy to use, and it does what they say it will! We've been able to reduce fundraising expenses, measure ROI and better segment our constituents through our implementation of DonorPro. Their customer service is far superior to any other I've experienced, and although I've had few issues, when I have trouble, they are always responsive (extremely so). They "get" what we do as nonprofit fundraisers.

Cons

none - they implement product improvements in new releases that reflect user input. Can't ask for more than that.

Nicole from BCAC

BCAC Review

Pros

I like tracking emails feature, being able to tell if key constituents have opened your email or not.

Cons

not able to attach other documents to email blasts