All SignUp.com Reviews

Benjamin

Education Management, 2 - 10 employees

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2021

Excellent in all respects!

Amy

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Perfect for event volunteer management

We host an annual conference that moves around the county, so we set up the event, the shifts, and job descriptions and gave local partners the SignUp link to send to their volunteers. It was so turnkey and easy for everyone to understand.

PROS

You can access a free version, which had all the functionality we needed. The automatic shift reminders, the ability to let volunteers schedule themselves and the comprehensive reporting made this an ideal solution for us. It's also super simple to set up and use.

CONS

Anything I didn't like or wanted to see was available in the paid upgrade, so I really can't complain when I was getting everything for free.

Doreen.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Works well for our needs.

It has worked very well for our needs. We have adapted to the downfalls and have worked around them.

PROS

We have used SignUp.com for the past year to schedule our Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meet the Teacher Nights, etc. and it has worked very well for us. We are in the process of renewing our subscription so that we can continue to use the program for all of our events this year. Thank you for providing a very useful and affordable product.

CONS

It would be great if you could customize what you need to see when looking at the reserved slots. Just seeing the initials of the person is not very helpful. It would be better if you could see actual names.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

We felt it was little more user friendly and the cost was significantly less than the other products we looked at.

Todd

Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Ads will annoy your volunteers

Its a pretty interface, but the amount of ads are embarrassing. Cancel your membership.

PROS

Nice clean interface with simple event creation and clear calendars.

CONS

Software is EXTREMELY spammy. There are ads ALL OVER the place. Ads are served on the volunteer page, on the admin page and embedded in the emails your users/volunteers get when the sign up. Also you cannot easily embed the signup page into your own site.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

I tried several. SignUp.com has a great interface, but the excessive ads make it a loser.

Hi Todd - We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience on the site. Advertisers keep SignUp free and low-cost for nonprofits, schools and community groups with limited budgets. Your participants are used to seeing ads on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and unlike those sites, our advertisers are always family-friendly. We've done extensive testing and ads do not affect the participation rates of your volunteers. If you prefer, we offer an ad-free experience for a small monthly fee that removes all ads from all SignUps and Group Pages you organize.

Replied August 2019

1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Makes Managing Volunteers Easy!

It's been fun & easy to use! I would recommend it for anyone managing volunteers!

PROS

I love SignUp! It's been a life & time saver when it comes to managing my voulnteers. All I need to do in set up the volunteer spots and send a SignUp generated link via mail! No more fielding multiple phone calls to schedule volunteers for an event! Super easy!! I also love the app!

CONS

No downside. The free version is somewhat limited, but if you're willing to pay a monthly fee, SignUp has all the features you could ever need!

Gene

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

SignUp to up your game.

My overall experience with SignUp has been great. When I do have a problem with SignUp it is because I forgot a step but then got set strait, so it is all good to me.

PROS

SignUp allows the organization to list all the positions, time slots, etc., for an event and once posted, this allows those to whom the information was sent to sign up if they can and want to. This cuts down on time spent calling or emailing individuals asking for their help.

CONS

I can not say that I have any Cons; I am sure there may be some for an organization that uses the system on a regular basis and that puts together larger venues. But for us, we love SignUp and recommend it to others all the time.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

I was told about SignUp as well by another user, so my first and last option.

Carolyn

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent for setting up appointments

We are a nonprofit providing free school supplies for public school educators. There are times when we need to schedule shoppers (2 weeks before school starts and during COVID). It has worked seamlessly for us for several years.

PROS

Our appointment schedule can be set up quickly and the ability to limit them to one appointment during a shopping period has been invaluable. It sends reminders, communicates with me comments and cancellations, and provides useful reports. Support requests always have been handled quickly and satisfactorily.

CONS

SignUp does everything we need it for, so there is nothing I dislike about it.

Michele

Education Management, 11-50 employees

ECE Non-profit Event Managment

We have been using it for a few years now. We love the ease of use, as do our volunteers.

PROS

Those who sign up to donate items or work an event, do not need to provide person information. Only an email address.

CONS

The themes are limited. It would be great if they covered more areas of interest.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The free version is great for small non profit organizations to recruit and manage signups for volunteer shifts.

It was a great way for me to recruit and track volunteers for weekly shifts at no cost to me.

PROS

I get notices when someone signs up or cancels their sign up.

CONS

It was difficult for me to set up the way I wanted the first time I used it, but I have gotten more proficient with experience. I wish I could go in and sign up and/or delete other people for shifts (maybe I can, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how and was not successful. That option is probably available on the versions that you pay for.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

Another non-profit that I volunteer for was using it.

Holly

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Helpful for teachers

PROS

I really appreciate being able to use sign up. It is much easier than trying to get the kids to bring the notes and find a good time to work for each parent. I also appreciate that I can lock the conference schedules so that I know if any changes need to be made instead of being surprised because parents just change things and I have not had time to look.

CONS

I did not have any cons with this program. So far it has just been a helpful and free program.

Robin

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Easy and helpful!

Thank you! I find your setup to be very user friendly. I did not have any problems and I did not hear any complaints about the signup process.

Amy

Reviewed October 2020

Facilitating Foster Homes for Animals During Pandemic

The Humane Society of southeast Wisconsin issued invitations to animal foster families to use Signup.com as a placement/matching tool for caregiver families and animals in need. With a recent, significant growth of participants and available animals, Signup.com has been an essential tool. We utilize many of the features to provide families with details such as animal age, number of animals, medical needs, anticipated recheck, and environment necessary for fostering. The system was put to the test when pandemic began. WHS was able to place a phenomenal number of animals in caregiver homes in a very short period of time, virtually emptying the shelters and ensuring animals would not be stranded in an institution for the duration of lockdown. A win for all!

PROS

Signup.com allows me to preview animals in need of foster care to make a good match between my caregiving abilities and the animals' needs. There are photo options, care notes, and places to include specific data. Real-time updates eliminate double signups of the past, and prevent disappointment. Users can even make requests for transfer and specify their preferred date, time, and location preference.

CONS

Users cannot access Signup while administrators are updating the entries, which is a minor inconvenience and does not detract from the overall ease of use.

Mira

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2017

One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!

As a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.

PROS

1) intuitive 2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers 3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups 4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions 5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary

CONS

A minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.

Judith

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2019

SignUp.com Saves My Sanity

I love SignUp.com! I coordinate volunteers of our local animal welfare agency and low-cost spay/neuter clinic to work our tent at the county fair. With 128 volunteer hours to fill, I know from experience that trying to fill all the slots is a nightmare without you guys. Thank you! You help me keep my sanity during the 9 days of our fair.

PROS

It was easy to upload volunteers from my contact list. Reminders are sent out automatically so I don't have to do it. I can see who is reading the emails I send. The messages sent using SignUp.com look much better than just sending a plain email. I am able to use sign-ups from previous years' events so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just update with the current calendar.

CONS

If I haven't used SignUp.com in a while, it takes me a few minutes to remember how to maneuver the program but once I get back into the rhythm of it, I'm good to go.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

As a non-profit, money is always an issue for my organization. Because so much of SignUp.com is free, I can accomplish everything I need to and the organization is not out anything.

Thanks for your generous feedback, Judith and for your GOOD work with our furry friends!

Replied September 2019

Ashley

Libraries, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great for small organizations that want to give volunteers autonomy over scheduling

I've had a very positive experience with signup.com and I would recommend it to other people. The free version is definitely worth using and provides and affordable scheduling tool for a small organization.

PROS

This software allows users to set up schedules for people for any kind of projects that they want. My organization has used it organize young volunteers to assist us in events. They volunteers are given a link to the sign up site, which makes sure the only ones given the ability to sign up are volunteers we've chosen or that other volunteers have deemed qualified. The amount of control I have but the allowance for volunteer autonomy is very useful. It was saved me a huge amount of time scheduling.

CONS

I found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times. I think the user interface calendar needs to be more user friendly and less clunky.

Hi Ashley - Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to learn more about the activities you were scheduling and perhaps we can share some best practices to speed/simplify your planning and setup. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. Thanks for your Good work in your community!

Replied August 2019

Becky

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great experience!

I’ve used SignUp to organize the appointments for my PTCs. I felt that it made everything run smoothly and that it took so much off my shoulders. I like the updates it sends to me as well as the reminders to the parents. It made a very tedious job run much more smoothly. Thank you!

PROS

The ease of individuals signing up for an appointment time that worked well for them.

CONS

I had trouble with managing the slots when a parent emailed me about a needed change. I’m sure it’s possible, I just didn’t see how to do it easily.

Reason for choosing SignUp.com

Recommended by a coworker.

Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience, Becky! To take some of the manual appointment management off your plate, we allow participants to change their own spots. (See https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202193314--How-do-I-make-changes-to-my-spots-or-cancel-my-shift-or-appointment-for-Participants) We'd love to share some best practices to speed up/simplify your process. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. In the meantime, our Help Center also provides lots of useful info for organizers: https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200044579-I-am-an-Organizer-Coordinator-Teacher Thank you for all you do. We love our teachers! Tara Marketing Manager

Replied November 2020

Amanda

Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2017

We use it for our volunteer sign up for events!

It's quick, easy, detailed, and easy to share, access and edit. I am so thrilled to be able to use this software, it helps is tremendously when recruiting and setting up volunteers for our events.

PROS

We tend to have the same events every year so being able to copy then tweak the details the following week is amazing! The details, including dates, shift time, and descriptions do a great job of setting out volunteers up with all the info they will need pre-event. I like the export feature so I can go in a get all the details and set it up how I like in Excel.

CONS

We tried the updated version and we were unable to make the check in work for us for large groups - there was no easy way to edit if people brought more or less than the amount they said. I brought this to the attention of their Support Team and they were SO understanding and tried to give suggestions and be accommodating. They showed appreciation for the constructive criticism and stated they would work to improve this feature in the future.

Alexis

Reviewed December 2021

Needs improvement

My overall experience has been good, however I think there are many ways this website could function better.

PROS

I like that it is simple enough to understand quickly.

CONS

There is no way to go in and edit a shift on the volunteer calendar. If I need to switch someone's shift, I have to delete their shift and then add them back in. It is also complicated to not allow someone to edit their shifts on the calendar. I had to go through several different steps before I figured it out. I also wish there was a way look up a volunteers shifts by searching their name.

Alexis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are constantly thinking of ways to make our platform better, so your feedback is appreciated. On the Participants tab, you can sort the list by Participant Name, # of Assignments, or Last Viewed by clicking the top of the respective columns. Click on a participant's name to see additional information -- contact information, any Extra Info field information (Premium Service), and the participant's current assignments. For instructions and best practices on how to best use our platform, please check out our Help Desk at https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or reach out to support@signup.com. You can request to schedule a 1-on-1 coaching call if you'd like a walk-through of our platform. We would love the opportunity to change your 8/10 review to a 10/10! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied December 2021

Karl

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

SignUp is so helpful!

It makes my job of finding volunteer staff much easier.

PROS

I thoroughly enjoy using SignUp for finding volunteers for a concession stand we run at the Nebraska State Fair. It lets me know who has signed up, sends reminders to them and a summary for the week. I also like the message feature as it enables us to get in touch with all of our workers efficiently. Thank you for making this available to us

CONS

Some of my volunteers could not figure out how to sign up or delete a sign up they had made. I believe it was user inexperience.

Karl, We're so happy to hear that SignUp makes your job of finding volunteer staff for your concession stand easier! Here's a help article for participants regarding the signup process - please feel free to share this link with any volunteers that have questions about signing up. It includes a video to walk them through it. https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202401360-Help-I-am-trying-to-sign-up-but-can-t-What-should-I-do- Our support staff can also be reached at support@signup.com, if participants need further assistance or have other questions about how to use our platform. (Typical response is within an hour, during business hours.) Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied October 2022

Elizabeth

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

Easy to use for all users

I use signup.com to sign up church volunteers. The volunteers are mostly older church members that can easily use the signup. I like the printed reports and the ability to communicate with volunteers within the Signup.

PROS

Easy to use for people not tech savvy, ability to duplicate signups, love the email reminders for users, like to see all spots that a single user has signed up for

CONS

Limited themes with the free version. Ad free option too expensive for small group quarterly signups.

Thanks for being a leader in your church and for sharing your feedback, Elizabeth. Please keep in mind that most people (80%) will be signing up on their smartphones and there is very limited screen real-estate for themes. We hope our proven and attractive options will meet your needs. We also offer an ad-free version for $9.99 per month covering unlimited SignUps, Group Pages and notifications (discounted annually offering 2 months free). Perhaps we can fit in a future budget.

Replied October 2019