SignUpGenius software

271 reviews(4.5/5)
271 reviews(4.5/5)

SignUpGenius is an online tool for volunteer organizing and event planning. The service provides nonprofit organizations, schools, businesses and groups with an alternative to “reply-all” emails, phone trees and paper sign ups, and helps visitors sign up for tasks online. SignUpGenius is suitable for groups regardless of their size or operating budget.

Users can choose from various theme templates, and SignUpGenius lets users customize online sign ups to schedule volunteers, fundraise, track volunteer tasks and more. At the same time, email reporting enables coordination by keeping event planners up-to-date on volunteer participation and event details.

Two types of accounts are available: Basic and Pro, which itself comes in three different levels. Pro account users have access to extra features, including custom themes, multiple administrators, no-ads sign ups, volunteer hour tracking/reporting, an email messaging center and more.

Supported Operating System(s):
Web browser (OS agnostic)

271 Reviews of SignUpGenius

Showing 1 - 20 of 271

Start your review of SignUpGenius

Click to start
  • Sarah from Massage Envy

SignUpGenius

Support
    Pros

What I like about this product is that if you are having a big event and you need a quick way for people to sign up this is the best way to go.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about this product.

• Melissa from Sandia Preparatory School

Number of employees: 51-200 employees

SignUp Genius helps me collect volunteers for our non-profit

Support
    Pros

I have used SignUp Genius several times to help advertise our non-profit events to possible volunteers. I love being able to collect their info and send updates as needed.

Cons

We have a free account via SignUp Genius and the ads can sometimes be distracting, but I appreciate their business model and am not quite ready to pay for the ads-free version.

Number of employees: 51-200 employees

Free version is great and very useful

Support

I coach several kids teams and this is far and away the best way to organize parents for volunteer duty or snack bringing. I can't possibly recommend this enough for that

Pros

The user interface is clean and easy to use. The setup allows you to configure everything you need including dates (recurring or not in any recurrence pattern), times, number of sign up spots, etc. The free version also gives you enough of a selection of templates to meet basically anyone's needs

Cons

While the interface is clean and easy, it could be streamlined and the ability to start from a previously used signup would be useful.

Number of employees: 201-500 employees

SignUpGenius

Support
    Pros

The software makes collaborating on projects and events so easy! We use this often for parents to sign up to bring items to classroom or after school activities and events, or sign up for shift coverages. It reduces duplicated efforts and we can easily be sure everything needed is covered. Everybody can see what is needed, and who is doing it - and it is so easy to use! You create the survey or list and simply send an email to everyone involved, and they in turn follow a link to sign up. And you even get reminders emailed to you once you have signed up!

Cons

The only problem I have experienced is when I "lose" the link to sign up for something. Probably user issue, but sometimes I cannot find the sign up form when I try to search in the program for it.

• Samantha from Nutrition to Fruition

Number of employees: 1 employee

Love Signup Genius

Support

Overall my experience is very good!

Pros

I think signup genius is great for filling in snack schedules for soccer, volunteer signups, or any other thing you would traditionally need to print and manually fill out for people signing up for things. It makes it way easier. I personally use it for soccer snack signups for the kids soccer team.

Cons

It could be a little bit more mobile-friendly. Also importing lists is a bit difficult to understand and I wish it were easy to just copy and paste from google, but I'm not sure if that would work or not because of the < > symbols showing the names.

• Kate from Midtown Lutheran Preschool (at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer)

Number of employees: 2-10 employees

Support

Good. It will continue to be my go-to when I only need a sign up form.

Pros

There are many options in Sign up Genius for types of event sign ups - even in the free version. It comes in handy organizing many people with food, responsibilities, etc. There are features that make categorize by items or jobs or by time. I also like the customization feature to make the sign up aesthetically appropriate for the event. People can sign up without creating an account.

Cons

It can be confusing and cumbersome when new to the interface. It can be convenient to sign up w/o making an account but you have to go through multiple steps if you do have an account but forget to sign in before signing up for an event. Sometimes the logging in doesn't make sense.

• Regina from DGL GROUP

Genius!

Support
    Pros

The software was easy to setup for an event spanning multiple days and I was able to have hundreds of people sign up easily with no troubles

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time for this software

Conference Registration & Volunteer Registration

Support

I learned about SignUp Genius through my kids school. I love this app for conference setup and registration.

Pros

Upgrade to the paid features, its worth it.
    Reminder Notifications
    Room Setup with Speakers Names & Room Capacity

Cons

Needs Mobile App with Push Notifications for room changes and other cancellations.

• Frank from ADP

Number of employees: 5,001-10,000 employees

Simple Solution for a Simple Problem

Support
    Pros

SUG provides a simple solution for a simple problem - how to have an easy unified platform for multiple users to sign up or provide some basic information. The solution isn't complex because it doesn't have to be - users sign on to provide the information, or even avoid the sign on and type in your response anyway. Overall, pretty handy and gets the job done.

Cons

Things can get somewhat messy if you forget your login, but this is true of any website.

Serves its Purpose

Support

Overall it serves its purpose and we continue to use it for our needs.

Pros

Use at church for sign ups. Bringing food, baby baskets, etc.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly. It took a few times to get a good handle on it.

• Mardi from City of Philadelpha

Number of employees: 10,000+ employees

SignUp Genius works well!

Support
    Pros

I used it to sign up for a volunteer effort. It was easy to use, sign up for times, and get communications from the organization. And, I didn't get annoying emails from SignUp Genius after!

Cons

It was not 100% intuitive to get started, but once I figured it out, it was great.

Number of employees: 11-50 employees

Really easy tool to quickly get volunteers

Support
    Pros

Love the ability to quickly set up a request, form, signup sheet, etc. Can do a variety of things - time slots, requests to bring specific items and everyone can see what is going on so efforts are duplicated!

Cons

Not as many options on the free version but the paid levels are reasonable and the features you get are worth it!

Number of employees: 11-50 employees

This is a great tool for classroom teachers!

Support
    Pros

Our school teachers use SignUpGenius when they need to reach out to parents for volunteering or bringing in items for a special project or event. It's a great tool to keep everything organized, see who else is contributing, and to remind yourself what you signed up for.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about this software!

• Denise from Barrie School

Makes Life Easier!

Support
    Pros

I love the ease of having the needed info at my fingertips. It is great to just send the Signup out and quickly see the results.

Cons

Only the Administrator can make needed changes.

• Lauren from CAMPUS CHURCH OF CHRIST INC

We Love SignUp Genius!

Support
    Pros

I use sign up genius for volunteer signups, and I love that Signup Genius allows you set up reminders for when it's time for your volunteers to come in ahead of time. Just another thing I don't have to put on my to-do list. It automatically sends out that reminder email and I don't have to worry about it.

Cons

Because I'm mainly the graphic designer, I wish the sign ups looked more modern and easy on the eyes, but that's just a little something.

• Sherry from Safety Unlimited

Specialty: Higher Education

Number of employees: 11-50 employees

Flexibility in the creation of the signups, plus great for both work and volunteering

Support

This software has come a long way. I was using this as a PTA Board member years ago to get volunteers at events and have seen it evolve to a very useful tool.

Pros

The time it takes to set up your sign-ups is very minimal. The platform is very intuitive and running into snags as you go through the flow of the software are minimal. As both a user and admin of this software it works great for my goals.

Cons

Inputting email addresses can be a bit challenging at first, but once you have your lists established you can access these form any device.

• Greg from KRCS

Number of employees: 501-1,000 employees

Signupgenius could be better

Support
    Pros

It has ease of use and simple look for users to goin and add their name to sign up list.

Cons

Could have more options to allow people that sign up to put in more information and the admin should be able to see more ability to customize the requirement for the sigh up participance.

• Liz from Naomi's Village

Number of employees: 2-10 employees

SignUpGenius Review

Support

Overall I have been very happy using SignUpGenius. It has saved me time and people seem to like using it.

Pros

I like that SignUpGenius organizes my sign ups for me. It allows people to sign up for time slots without having to go through me. I also like that it sends out reminders automatically and that I get notified when people edit their sign up spot.

Cons

I like least how you have to add contacts, it's either manually or by all your google contacts. I wish you could just select certain groups out of your contacts.

• Chick from Sun City Texas Computer Club

The best there is!

Support

We are a non-profit, all volunteer, computer club with about 3700 members. We use Signup Genius to schedule the use of our media conversion equipment. Seven sign ups are currently being used. Signup Genius has answered our call. All our signups were done on paper until now.

Pros

Everything. The software does everything we need it for.

Cons

I would like the ability to have more add-free signups without upgrading to a more expensive plan that has several other features that I don't need at this time. I don't mind paying a little more to have this option.

Number of employees: 1 employee

Perfect for School Purposes

Support
    Pros

My son's School District uses this product to have parents sign up for certain volunteer functions. It couldn't be easier. You get an email and reply accordingly. It saves time and energy as it eliminates the need for a series of emails amongst parents.

Cons

I can't find a reason to dislike this product, at least in the School District context. I guess it would be nice to see it utilized in other settings as well.

Do you use SignUpGenius?Write a Review
In just fifteen minutes, the experts at Software Advice can help you narrow down the right software for your organization. Call us for a Free FastStart Consultation: (844) 852-3639