SignUpGenius is an online tool for volunteer organizing and event planning. The service provides nonprofit organizations, schools, businesses and groups with an alternative to “reply-all” emails, phone trees and paper sign ups, and helps visitors sign up for tasks online. SignUpGenius is suitable for groups regardless of their size or operating budget.

Users can choose from various theme templates, and SignUpGenius lets users customize online sign ups to schedule volunteers, fundraise, track volunteer tasks and more. At the same time, email reporting enables coordination by keeping event planners up-to-date on volunteer participation and event details.

Two types of accounts are available: Basic and Pro, which itself comes in three different levels. Pro account users have access to extra features, including custom themes, multiple administrators, no-ads sign ups, volunteer hour tracking/reporting, an email messaging center and more.

Messages

Business sign-up example

Church sign-up example

Church sign-up example

Supported Operating System(s):

Web browser (OS agnostic)

379 Reviews of SignUpGenius

4.5 / 5 stars

Start your review of SignUpGenius

Rachel from The Bridge Church

Great for churches

Pros

I love that people can sign up for their own things - we use ours for benevolence meals. It has been helpful because we can create a sign up in minutes and get it out very quickly.

Cons

I wish we could do more design-wise to make it look better. Other than that, no issues!

Nicole from York College of Pennsylvania

Number of employees:  501-1,000 employees

SignUp Genius

Pros

I love that it's free. It's really easy to use. Once you set up your slots, you just send it out!

Cons

I wish more backgrounds were free to users.

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

Free online volunteer management tool with built in reminders

Pros

I like that this product is free and accessible online. When someone takes a spot or fulfills a request it automatically updates so others can see that it has been taken. SignUpGenius generates reminders to be sent to those who signed up for something.

Cons

I dislike that SignUpGenius sends emails (infrequently) to users encouraging them to use SignUpGenius for their upcoming sign up needs.

Number of employees:  10,000+ employees

Easy way to delegate casual tasks

Pros

Accessible to all users, easily delivered events via email, and doesn't spam people after they register. This is an easy way to get people signed up for casual events and send notifications pertinent to them.

Cons

I would like more ability to customize the way people can sign up for things, and allow them to make notes along with their sign-up.

Phyllis from Sunrise Banks

Number of employees:  201-500 employees

SignUpGenius

I use it all the time when we have our quarterly potlucks at work and it's so nice because I get notices when someone signs up. I like that I can set up what I'm looking for such as appetizers, desserts, drinks, main dish, etc. It will also send out a reminder to everyone the day before.

Pros

Very easy to use and it is so quick to set up

Cons

I like everything about it so there is nothing I like the least

Jena from UNK

SignUpGenius review

Pros

This was really easy to ease and even gave a reminder when you set up a time.

Cons

It signs you out and then you have to go through the process twice to get the sign up to work.

What a great product

Pros

I use SignUp Genius regularly for meetings, volunteer sign-ups and so much more. It’s a communication lifesaver and helps us be organized.

Cons

Still trying to make sure only one person signs up for a slot without signing up two people on one slot.

Jennifer from Advent Lutheran Church

Lovely

I use it a lot for our preschool. They have a lot of things they ask the parents to sign up for and it is easier to keep track of. I also use it for the Church because there is a lot of people in the congregation and sending out volunteer sheets would be time consuming and not productive, plus a waste of paper.

Pros

I like that it is very versatile based on needs of the user

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing when putting in the time slots

Christina from City of Davis

Number of employees:  1,001-5,000 employees

Very Helpful Software

Pros

This program makes it super easy to coordinate volunteer sign ups

Cons

Viewing on a mobile device is sometimes limted.

Colleen from St. Louis Community College Foundation

Review on SignUpGenius

Pros

I love SignUpGenius! I use it a lot with my daughter's school for parties. It's easy to use and will send you a reminder after you sign up.

Cons

It CAN be a little confusing if you are allowing people to sign up for times when they overlap.

Michelle from First 5 Santa Barbara County

Quick & Easy

Solid. Use for business, school, church, and social gatherings. No more reminder phone calls or collecting clipboards or typing up lists. Just do it.

Pros

I am an introvert and calling people to remind them things is like death by a thousand awkward, panicky, sweaty palmed-phone calls. I literally can't listen to the song that I set as my ringtone because it stresses me out thinking it might be someone calling. Enter SignUpGenius, which allows me to save all my people energy for the actual event. It is quick and easy to set up, I haven't run into any configuration I haven't been able to set up. I like being able to invite people directly or just include a link in an e-blast or online newsletter. I love that you can set auto-reminders. I love that you can set it so that everyone can see what others have committed to (or not). I don't have to be the master list keeper unless I want to.

Cons

I can literally think of no cons. Some of their backgrounds are goofy but there are enough good ones you don't have to worry.

Randy from Flint Hills Christian School

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

Takes the hassle out of volunteer scheduling

Great way to get people together to help with projects!

Pros

Easy to use, manage and allows others convenient access.

Cons

I found no negatives or cons to using this software.

Stephanie from YWCA OKC

Get Organized The Easy Way

Love it!

Pros

Asking for help can be challenging and then keeping track of who promised to do what is even harder. SignUpGenius allows you to send a blanket email asking for help and then those who can respond accordingly. You have an easy way to keep people accountable for their promises. This is something I utilize for my children's school needs constantly.

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I like the least.

Number of employees:  1,001-5,000 employees

Good Basic Meeting Organizer

My experience has been overall positive. It has served the function our church uses it for.

Pros

The thing I like best is the simple functionality of SignUp. We use it for our church youth group to organize volunteers and find times that work best for everyone. It is simple to pick which days you want to survey and times as well. You create a link that you can paste in an email and send out using your own listserv.

Cons

I am not sure if there is anything I don't like. It is an easy to use program with straightforward instructions. Not really sure what could be improved upon.

Miri from Preschool of the Arts

Number of employees:  2-10 employees

Great for class sign ups

Pros

We use this program for sign ups for parent volunteers and conferences. works perfectly.

Cons

Can be a little confusing if you are offering several overlapping time slots.

Simple and Effective

Pros

I like how simple the program is to use. You can set up a sign-up easily and others are able to login and use it without problems themselves.

Cons

The layout can be confusing to people at times. It can make them think that all slots have been filled when they have not.

Lorie from EGRPS

Number of employees:  51-200 employees

Pros

It allows for easy access to information through email with effortless responses.

Cons

Setting up a sign up genius the first time is difficult and not user friendly.

Aimee from A Holding Space for Healing and Growth

Number of employees:  1 employee

Simple and quick!

Pros

This program makes it quick and easy to sign up for tasks with different organizations and groups. It eliminates "double bookings" because you can see in the moment what sign up spaces are open.

Cons

Sometimes I have wished I could more easily search for sign ups I am looking for.

Luke from BWXT

Number of employees:  10,000+ employees

Positive Review - signUpGenious

Pros

Easy way to get multiple to sign up for really whatever you need

Cons

Too many emails post registering for and signing up.

Gina from Feast, inc.

Type of Nonprofit:  Arts & Cultural

Number of employees:  2-10 employees

Awesome free product for fundraisers

Pros

Overall this is a great product that is offered free of cost that makes for a smooth volunteer and event sign up process.

Cons

The interface can occasionally get a tad bit messy and the initial set up turned out to be a bit of a hassle.