SignUpGenius is an online tool for volunteer organizing and event planning. The service provides nonprofit organizations, schools, businesses and groups with an alternative to “reply-all” emails, phone trees and paper sign ups, and helps visitors sign up for tasks online. SignUpGenius is suitable for groups regardless of their size or operating budget.

Users can choose from various theme templates, and SignUpGenius lets users customize online sign ups to schedule volunteers, fundraise, track volunteer tasks and more. At the same time, email reporting enables coordination by keeping event planners up-to-date on volunteer participation and event details.

Two types of accounts are available: Basic and Pro, which itself comes in three different levels. Pro account users have access to extra features, including custom themes, multiple administrators, no-ads sign ups, volunteer hour tracking/reporting, an email messaging center and more.

388 Reviews of SignUpGenius

4.5 / 5 stars

Danielle from Church

4 of 5

Easy to create a sign up

Very good!

Pros

That I can create a sign up in minutes for people to join and let me know what they are signing up for. I was notified every time my sign up was changed (say someone signed up for something)

Cons

I tried e-mailing out the link to the sign up to a big group and it didn't work from the website for some reason.

Response from SignUpGenius of SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi, Danielle. It is not necessary to send invites from our site. You can share the link to your sign up via your personal email or social media. To find the link to your sign up after it has been published, go to SignUpGenius.com and log in with your email and password to the account where the sign up was created. When you view the sign ups page, click the Created tab. Click the image or title for your sign up. When the sign up page displays, copy the URL from your web browser address bar. This is the unique link to your sign up. Copy and paste this link to give out in emails or use in the way that you wish to distribute your sign up information. For additional information on sharing your sign up with your group, click the link below: http://signupgeni.us/abcd214

Sophia from University

SignUpGenius Review

Pros

As a student in college, my professors use this particular software quite often. SignUpGenius is product that is relatively easy to use. It is organized well, it easy to follow and it is quite simple to access information on.

Cons

This software is very dated. The aesthetics of it are very limited and old. Something new and clean would make the software much more enjoyable to use.

Bruce from Wayzata Free Church

Easy, simple and common

Use it a lot and it's very handy and works well. Was looking for more added functionality with the upgraded subscription and it wasn't worth the cost.

Pros

Easy to use and setup
Most people know what it is and have an account
Saves back sign ups for future reference

Cons

Was disappointed in what I got when I paid for the upgrade. Not much of a change.

Response from SignUpGenius of SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your review! We will be happy to show you the added functionality a paid subscription offers. Some of the advanced features our users enjoy include sign up tabbing, hiding past dates, sign up locking, third-party ad removal, and more. If you have any questions about paid subscriptions, please contact our Support Team and we will be happy to help.

Molly from Pearson Education

3 of 5

5 of 5

A quick and easy signups -- truly genius!

This software is great for organizing groups. It ensures that your events are staffed with volunteers and that you will not spend hours wrangling confirmations from your volunteers. At each event, it is always clear who is to do what. This helps keep all the feather unruffled. Recommended.

Pros

I often use this software for volunteer management for my church and a non-profit arts group that I support This software takes zero knowledge to use effectively. Every part of creating a sign-up for an event is intuitive. This makes planning a snap. It even helps me plan better events by listing out specific tasks for my volunteers.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you must add new tasks to the sign-up sheet in groups of five. I wish that it were possible to just add and delete at will.

Response from SignUpGenius of SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi Molly, We are happy to hear how SignUpGenius is helpful for your sign up needs. In Step 4: Slots, you can add a single slot or up to five slots at one time. If you need more than 5 slots, you can select the option to add more slots and you will be returned to Step 4. You can also edit a sign up at any time after the sign up has been published. So if you need to delete one or more slots, simply return to Step 4 and delete/edit slots as needed. If you have questions about slots, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team by emailing support@signupgenius.com. We will be happy to help!

Kelly from Fellowship Pickering

4 of 5

Easy and simple to navigate

Pros

This was a very free and very easy app to use and navigate through to orchestrate sign ups for our volunteer team. You just put in the roles you need and how many people and send it out to your volunteers to sign themselves up. It was very user friendly and a great and easy way to set up a sign up from your church potluck to a charity event with lots of different roles.

Cons

It depends on people actually signing up. It is hard to track down people to sign up for shifts. You have to constantly keep it in front of their face or incentivize it. This isn't the apps fault, but it is something to think about if your people are the kind of people to handle that and take ownership of their schedules.

5 of 5

Incredibly easy means for managing sign ups

Pros

This is a slick and easy to use way to coordinate participation in events or delegate tasks. The ability to set a number of slots available adds to the overall functionality. Much easier than trying to maintain a shared document or spreadsheet.

Cons

The visual design is not the prettiest so the fonts and wallpaper are not particularly eye catching. However, it does provide function over form.

Justin from Lancaster Bible College

3 of 5

2 of 5

SignUpGenius

Pros

I regularly use signupgenius to draw together groups of remote workers for regular meetings we have in person. This allows us to easily indicate attendance and provide brief notes as to what attendees might bring as well to the meeting. This has been very helpful for social gatherings at a personal level as well.

Cons

The product is certainly a bit dated looking, and compared to other tools like DoodlePoll, ease of use and features are a bit wanting.

Rachel from The Bridge Church

Great for churches

Pros

I love that people can sign up for their own things - we use ours for benevolence meals. It has been helpful because we can create a sign up in minutes and get it out very quickly.

Cons

I wish we could do more design-wise to make it look better. Other than that, no issues!

Nicole from York College of Pennsylvania

SignUp Genius

Pros

I love that it's free. It's really easy to use. Once you set up your slots, you just send it out!

Cons

I wish more backgrounds were free to users.

4 of 5

Free online volunteer management tool with built in reminders

Pros

I like that this product is free and accessible online. When someone takes a spot or fulfills a request it automatically updates so others can see that it has been taken. SignUpGenius generates reminders to be sent to those who signed up for something.

Cons

I dislike that SignUpGenius sends emails (infrequently) to users encouraging them to use SignUpGenius for their upcoming sign up needs.

4 of 5

Easy way to delegate casual tasks

Pros

Accessible to all users, easily delivered events via email, and doesn't spam people after they register. This is an easy way to get people signed up for casual events and send notifications pertinent to them.

Cons

I would like more ability to customize the way people can sign up for things, and allow them to make notes along with their sign-up.

Phyllis from Sunrise Banks

SignUpGenius

I use it all the time when we have our quarterly potlucks at work and it's so nice because I get notices when someone signs up. I like that I can set up what I'm looking for such as appetizers, desserts, drinks, main dish, etc. It will also send out a reminder to everyone the day before.

Pros

Very easy to use and it is so quick to set up

Cons

I like everything about it so there is nothing I like the least

Jena from UNK

SignUpGenius review

Pros

This was really easy to ease and even gave a reminder when you set up a time.

Cons

It signs you out and then you have to go through the process twice to get the sign up to work.

Response from SignUpGenius of SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi Jena, Thank you for your review. It sounds like there is something unusual with your browser that may be logging you out. You may want to try clearing your cache or using a different browser to sign up. If the issue persists, please contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

What a great product

Pros

I use SignUp Genius regularly for meetings, volunteer sign-ups and so much more. It’s a communication lifesaver and helps us be organized.

Cons

Still trying to make sure only one person signs up for a slot without signing up two people on one slot.

Jennifer from Advent Lutheran Church

Lovely

I use it a lot for our preschool. They have a lot of things they ask the parents to sign up for and it is easier to keep track of. I also use it for the Church because there is a lot of people in the congregation and sending out volunteer sheets would be time consuming and not productive, plus a waste of paper.

Pros

I like that it is very versatile based on needs of the user

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing when putting in the time slots

Ashlie from Senior Care

Excellent scheduler

Pros

Easy to use and sends the info to my calendar. Also send me reminders!

Cons

I don't have any dislikes.

Christina from City of Davis

Very Helpful Software

Pros

This program makes it super easy to coordinate volunteer sign ups

Cons

Viewing on a mobile device is sometimes limted.

Colleen from St. Louis Community College Foundation

Review on SignUpGenius

Pros

I love SignUpGenius! I use it a lot with my daughter's school for parties. It's easy to use and will send you a reminder after you sign up.

Cons

It CAN be a little confusing if you are allowing people to sign up for times when they overlap.

Michelle from First 5 Santa Barbara County

Quick & Easy

Solid. Use for business, school, church, and social gatherings. No more reminder phone calls or collecting clipboards or typing up lists. Just do it.

Pros

I am an introvert and calling people to remind them things is like death by a thousand awkward, panicky, sweaty palmed-phone calls. I literally can't listen to the song that I set as my ringtone because it stresses me out thinking it might be someone calling. Enter SignUpGenius, which allows me to save all my people energy for the actual event. It is quick and easy to set up, I haven't run into any configuration I haven't been able to set up. I like being able to invite people directly or just include a link in an e-blast or online newsletter. I love that you can set auto-reminders. I love that you can set it so that everyone can see what others have committed to (or not). I don't have to be the master list keeper unless I want to.

Cons

I can literally think of no cons. Some of their backgrounds are goofy but there are enough good ones you don't have to worry.

Ami from Lutheran Church of the Ascension

One of the Better Sign Up Tools~

Pros

It's user-friendly and super easy to set up. We use it for a variety of functions from service to donating items!

Cons

People get easily confused with the different sign up software since they all have "sign up" in the title.