SignUpGenius Software

Click to start

Lea from SAG

Tool For Managing Staffing

Support
Pros

SignUpGenius allows me to sign up for volunteer openings and receive reminders of upcoming shifts. Also, the provision of updates from the staff makes it easy to keep up with changes, real-time.

Cons

SignUpGenius' interface is a bit dated and clunky. It would be great if it was updated and clearly showed how to access your profile and assignments.

Kimberly from Huguenot UMC Preschool

Time saver that keeps me on track.

Support
Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the automatic reminder feature. Whether I am sending the sign up or signing up to help those reminders keep things running smoothly.

Cons

Sometimes during setup I'm not sure the best way to set up for my needs especially if my event is more complex.

Teresa from harford gymnastics
Number of employees: 11-50 employees Employees number: 11-50 employees

Easy to set up; free to use

Support

Set up my team conferences and it made it much easier

Pros

It reminds people when they are signed up. Lots of flexibility in set up and ease of changing the sign up slots if needed.

Cons

I wish the emails when someone signs up came from their email so I could send a message back to them easier.

Melodye from GDQ

I use this this platform all the time: very easy to use

Value
Pros

I have used this for volunteers for school functions, for scheduling a meal rotation, for parent teacher conferences, for holiday dinners, etc. I love that it is versatile and easy to use. There are advanced uses for scheduling for multiple days. You can also set this up in less than 5 minutes if you go simple.

Cons

I don't love the ads, but I also haven't paid for the monthly subscription plan. The free version has worked for me, although I imagine the paid version would give me a lot more flexibility.

Debra from Relay for Life

End user signing up for volunteer shifts for a non-profit - VERY EASY

Quality
Pros

It is a streamlined way to see all volunteer shifts available and easy/intuitive for how to sign up for the shift(s) of choice. When shifts are filled, it lists how many were available and now full so you know there is no more help needed at that time. Automation of sign-ups helps keep track of things simply.

Cons

I have not been an administrator of this tool so not sure if it is easy to load the shifts into the program. I have not found any type of con as an end-user.

Angel from GPISD

Use it all the time

Support
Pros

Sign Up Genius is great. I use it all the time. It is a time saver and very easy.
I love creating one for the parents to sign up for party items. I list exactly what I want and the details and then the parents sign up.
Also, I have used it for conferences. I decide on the day and time that I am available and parents pick a time. This is a great way to make sure I don't double book two parents at one time.
It will send you an email when a parent signs up.
You can choose a theme, picture, etc to make it look nice when the parents view it.

Cons

I don't know of anything that I don't like. I really like it and recommend it. I use it several times in a school year.

Crystal from Life.Church
Number of employees: 501-1,000 employees Employees number: 501-1,000 employees

My expereince has been good! I have used it periodically to help volunteers sign up for events

Support

Aids me in my ministry to help volunteers sign up for events

Pros

Easy to create sign ups, easy to navigate. Volunteers have not reported any issued with signing up for events.

Cons

Not very pleasing to the eye. Could look a lot more streamlined and "pretty"- it looks sort of cluttered

Robin from Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

I have been using Doodle to help me do scheduling for the last few years. Genius is much better!

Support
Pros

This software allows me to contact participants easily, and has many features which stand out in terms of user accessibility!

Cons

There are so many advanced options for customization, it is taking me a while to learn about all of them and decide whether or not I would like to use them. It takes some time to learn about this software, and its many features, before being able to use the software to its ultimate potential.

William from DiscipleMakers
Number of employees: 51-200 employees Employees number: 51-200 employees

Signed up for nursery duty at my church with this. Also for various meetings in the past

Support
Pros

I like that it can simplify events/duties that are based on fill/unfilled time slots. I can log in, immediately see where the need is, and help out.

Cons

It looks pretty dated. Other than the aesthetics, the software is a homerun. We recently switched away from it at my church, but I'm hoping to bring it back soon.

Elizabeth from DiscipleMakers

SignUpGenius has been a great tool to ensure that slots are covered for various events.

Support
Pros

I find that the software is simple to use as someone invited to an event. Time slots are clearly displayed and it is easy to understand when I am being asked to sign up for a day and time. I also like that they send reminders so that I don't forget about what I signed up for.

Cons

I find that the interface of the administrator side is hard to navigate. It isn't very intuitive and doesn't clearly walk me through the steps of creating a sign up sheet. It would be easier if it took me step by step.

Date: March 2018

Thank you for your review, Elizabeth.
Please let our Support Team know if you ever have questions when creating your sign up. http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Francine from Saint Benedict Catholic School
Number of employees: 2-10 employees Employees number: 2-10 employees

Love the ease of set up and ability to share with others.

Support

Easy to collaborate with other volunteers to make managing service hours easier.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to share via social media, email, or other means. Reporting tools very powerful. Text and email reminders are fantastic tools

Cons

Ads & Customization only available in the premium level. Even at the lowest "pay" platform, the ads and you can only customize one view. Wish this was available in the lower level for the value, but the jump is too high for small organizations operating on shoestring budgets.

Date: February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Francine. With the Silver level subscription ($107.89 annually) you can remove third party ads from up to 5 sign ups. As events pass, you can reassign the no ads licenses to new sign ups. A silver subscription will also give you access to hundreds of our premium themes. Additionally, you can create a custom theme using the Theme Builder advanced feature. If you need more than one custom theme, you can add your logo or custom image to any of our basic themes to customize your sign up. If you have any questions about how our subscriptions can help your school, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Neal from Kennesaw State University - College of Science and Mathematics

A useful tool for scheduling parent conferences.

Support

I occasionally need to schedule conferences for student registration. This software allows me to do that with a minimum of fuss, but in a way that the conference attendees can work with easily. It is very easy to follow the instructions, and not overburdened with a lot of clutter.

Pros

The software is designed to go from nothing to working very quickly. I signed up and was able to create an event and a sign up schedule with very little effort.

We have been using this for our school events PTA team

Support
Pros

The free version offers a lot of different options, including different layout, themes. Having all the information sent to users makes it easier to manage.

Cons

When creating a sign up list, it would be helpful to see examples in real time, versus having to try and figure it out.

Allison from Angier Baptist Church
Number of employees: 1 employee Employees number: 1 employee

Love the ways to use this product!

Support

Easy signup from multiple users across at their convenience.

Pros

I love the different ways you can use this signup software. For a small business or non profit it is an amazing fit...especially when you consider that people are volunteers and on very different schedules. I like the stock photos and backgrounds available and the ability to personalize. The link to include paypal and other payment options also takes out the need to have a person onsite to collect payment at an event. All around, very customizable and useful!

Cons

I have not yet found a quick way to import the mailing addresses or a way to shorten the link that people can click to get to the direct site for my event.

Date: November 2017

Thank you for the awesome review, Allison.
You can import email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files.
If your emails are not in an address book that is supported, you can export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. Copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box.
It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your church's website or share the sign up on social media. The link to your sign up can be found by viewing the live, published version of the sign up and copying the URL from your web browser address bar.
To shorten the URL, you can use a shortening service. The site: www.bit.ly will create a shortened/customized URL to any link.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Lani from fitness

I love sign up genius because it makes it easy to get a large group of people to bring items

Support
Pros

It sends reminders to people so that I do not have to. That makes my life a whole lot easier because i dont have to do it

Meg from Binghamton University/Decker School of Nursing

I had some questions about specific options. I emailed and Amanda answered my questions immediately!

Support

I had to organize a large group (180) with respect to their choices for clinicals site, against other academic conflict. We have done this on paper in the past - a mess. And a google form wouldn't work as we needed the countdown of space remaining available in any one section. So, while we still have to do a lot of shifting, I got a high level of organization to start the shifting process.

Pros

It is easy to use; very flexible; it looks professional; great reports features. And the BEST customer support ever!! So impressed with Amanda and and Mark - quick response with answers and directions/links, etc to facilitate my understanding of the answer/process.

Cons

It is not entirely intuitive - took me a while to navigate and remember how I did what. Once I did get it, it lost its "least" feature.

Ashley from PSU
Number of employees: 2-10 employees Employees number: 2-10 employees

This software makes it so easy to create group signup. Anyone can do it!

Support

Great looking sign ups with no stress.

Pros

It's ease of use. Following the steps layed out for you and the free templates available you can make beautiful and professional looking sign ups for anything.

Cons

I would like to allow people signing up to be able to upload documents such as resumes. Also that you only get one free custom template with the least expensive plan.

Kristine from C Brown Excavating Inc

Easy to use; great for volunteers

Support

Easy volunteering with school and sports.

Pros

Easy to set up with volunteers. Reminders are sent out to volunteers making more likely volunteers to show up.

Cons

l have to say to have some of the most advanced features the price is too high a month.

Christina from Christina Perera Ministries
Number of employees: 2-10 employees Employees number: 2-10 employees

Great option for organizing volunteers for events large and small!

Support

Ability to organize multiple volunteers for small and large events, automatically reminds volunteers and you can email specific groups. However, you have to upgrade to pro to send links and documents which I do not like.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to coordinate multiple volunteer positions and times as well as days, automatically reminds volunteers 2 days before event.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to understand the way slots need to edited, inability to email specific volunteers individually. Only collects money through pay pal and not other options also charges a fee for collection of payment on top of pay pal fees, not a good option for non-profits!

Date: October 2017

Thank you for your review, Christina. I wanted to let you know that SignUpGenius now offers the option to accept payments via WePay. Your participants will be able to simply pay with a credit or debit card. They will be charged a fee equal to 5% of the transaction plus $0.50 per transaction at checkout. This fee is noted as a convenience fee when signing up for items on your sign up. There are no additional fees charged to the creator of the sign up/organizer of the event. Please click on the link listed below to find out more:

Also, from the Messages area of your account, you can email specific volunteers. If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team. http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Suzanne from nErDCampMI, Western School District

I use this for so many things! It truly is wonderful!

Support
Pros

I can pop in whatever I need, whether it's scheduling conferences or having people sign up for participating in a group get-together. It truly is my go-to tool for simplifying any type of sign-up.

Cons

When I'm scheduling something pretty big, it's sometimes time-consuming to put in all of the information. However, the organization it gives is worth the effort to me.