• Pros

• "I enjoyed the ease of using this product. It was user friendly, easy to figure out, and we have used it for multiple events."

• "We love this program! We are able to customize, edit, and send our signups easily and we have increased our parent volunteers more than double. "

• "It is free and easy to use! This program is perfect for sign ups when you aren't able to see everyone every day. "

• Cons

• "There are many features on SignUp Genius and it can take a bit to understand what you're doing. That is the only negative thing I can think of!"

• "It is difficult to go through all the steps sometimes. There are a lot of steps- background, designs, items, quantity, options, and emailing out. But, overall, it's pretty easy though."

• "The software navigation isn't super straightforward, but it's still pretty easy to figure out what you need to do."

Browse SignUpGenius Reviews

Molly from Pearson Education

A quick and easy signups -- truly genius!

This software is great for organizing groups. It ensures that your events are staffed with volunteers and that you will not spend hours wrangling confirmations from your volunteers. At each event, it is always clear who is to do what. This helps keep all the feather unruffled. Recommended.

Pros

I often use this software for volunteer management for my church and a non-profit arts group that I support This software takes zero knowledge to use effectively. Every part of creating a sign-up for an event is intuitive. This makes planning a snap. It even helps me plan better events by listing out specific tasks for my volunteers.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you must add new tasks to the sign-up sheet in groups of five. I wish that it were possible to just add and delete at will.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi Molly, We are happy to hear how SignUpGenius is helpful for your sign up needs. In Step 4: Slots, you can add a single slot or up to five slots at one time. If you need more than 5 slots, you can select the option to add more slots and you will be returned to Step 4. You can also edit a sign up at any time after the sign up has been published. So if you need to delete one or more slots, simply return to Step 4 and delete/edit slots as needed. If you have questions about slots, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team by emailing support@signupgenius.com. We will be happy to help!

Flexible tool, recent update was a set back.

When looking for a powerful and flexible tool for managing signups for a small organization, there is no competitor out there that beats SignUpGenius. We have used other tools and tried ones that offered the moon but failed to deliver. SUG has been capable at its core competency and allowed us to drive and find ways to use it more fully and successfully. Reliable compared to other systems, it does take some time to learn if you truly want to be an expert at it - as does any system, but it is worth the time spent.

Pros

We use SUG for such a variety of volunteer and meeting/appointment management we have probably explored most of the features to their fullest. The flexibility to adapt the various types of signups used for different types of opportunities and extending the signups using forms and notifications is powerful. The service can handle a pretty heavy load as we've pounded it with over a hundred signups in under five minutes for things like Parent-Teacher Conferences.

Cons

The few types of signups you have available are powerful but not necessarily intuitive and you have to think about how you want the signup to look like and how the signup will flow for the user, leading to some trial and error when you first begin. The requirement for time slots to have a start and end time, makes it tricky to use for items that are just at a particular time, like dropping off items for a bake-sale, but other open ended signups don't read right. Particularly because our primary type of signup is time-slots, it took us a bit to get used to and understand the process of creating the day and time on which something is occurring, then add the slot that is happening at that date and time. The recent updates attempted to combine the pages on which those two steps occur, but make it even harder to intuit out how to attach the two items together.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

SUG was the most robust and capable.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your thoughtful review. If you ever need advice or assistance when creating your sign up, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team. They will be happy to offer suggestions as you get started. You can contact the team here: https://www.signupgenius.com/support Thank you for using SignUpGenius!

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

Easy to Use and have other participate!

Overall, my experience with SignUpGenius has been great! I am a user for both my personal life and for work, and I think that it is a great resource that is customizable to fit several social and work environments. It is my go-to tool if you're wanting several parties to participate and list or "sign up" for something. It keeps all items together and organized for you so you can quickly determine what is still needed. Recommended, for sure! I would be surprised if you HAVEN'T seen this is your social or work circle yet.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is how easy it is to plan a company Potluck, or School Party Day, or Church Small Groups Meeting. Everyone who is sent a link can easily access the event and determine how they would like to participate. For example, for a Company Potluck you have the option of setting up specific foods or non specific foods, how many of each is needed, or schedule time slots. You have so many different options to customize your event, its great! Everyone logged on can easily see what item needs have been met and what items are still needed. Think past food! Organizational Tool! You can also use this for Nonprofit Organizations, supplies or items that are needed. Anyone that would like to participate can easily input what they will be bringing or what they can offer to help the project!

Cons

I have not run into any situations that I did not particularly like with this software, if I'm being honest. I think it gets the job done perfectly fine. I have not tried messing with maybe going OVER the number of items requested. For example if 30 tissue boxes are needed for a classroom and several participants have committed to bringing 30 tissue boxes, I wonder if someone tried to add an additional 5 boxes, if it would give them a hard time. Not sure if this would be a situation anyone would run into, but just a thought. Again, I have not run into any issues, thankfully!

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied March 2020

Thanks so much for your review, Suzana. We love hearing how the site has been helpful. I wanted to confirm that the sign up will not let a participant enter a quantity greater than the slot allows. Thanks for using SignUpGenius!

Kent from Lake Superior Big Top Chautauqua

Acceptable and useful, if basic and somewhat confusing

We've used SignUpGenius for 4+ years, and have never been "blown away" by it's features. At the same time, we have been able to use it successfully (with lots of volunteer training sessions). The software hasn't introduced any major overhauls or improvements in all the time we've been using it.

Pros

We've been able to coordinate 200+ seasonal volunteers who help in 12+ positions at 60+ events.

Cons

The software can be rather confusing, especially when onboarding new volunteers or staff.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied January 2019

Hi, Kent. Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that SignUpGenius has been helpful in coordinating so many volunteers for your organization. In 2019 we will be releasing an exciting update to the site. We think you will be pleased with what we have coming.

Rachel from CARFAX, INC.

Game Changer

Saves us from having to manually manage our reservation signups at conventions. Attendees can log on and see what room is available in real time. The reporting aspect is awesome! When our VP wants to know who and how many meetings are taking place, I can run a report and hand it to him. THANK YOU!

Pros

I love so much about this software. We used to reserve booth meeting space at our conventions manually, which required someone to manage it all day. Now we enter the 30 minutes time slots and people can see the reservations live. I also LOVE the reporting aspect, it is so easy to use. I also love that I can link two signups into one with the use of tabbing. It makes it easier for attendees to sign up for everything in one place instead of figuring out which link goes with which sign up.

Cons

Some of the graphics could be better for the themes. I know they have added new graphics and removed some of the older pictures. I think some look a little cluttered. I would like to see neat and clean pictures available in the categories and less busy graphics.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

It was the first one that came up and was user friendly, I didn't bother looking at anything else.

Sandra from Post University

Easy to use and convenient for group participation

It is solving business problems like knowing who and what tasks are assigned to individuals when we are seeking volunteers for programs and events.

Pros

I liked that you can create categories for others to sign up and you can see where you signed up, in case yo forgot what you signed up for.

Cons

It wasn't the software, but some users do not know how to create categories so it makes it difficult for individuals to sign up for various tasks, Perhaps, examples of how people can use it might be helpful to those that are building sign up tasks.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

The previous software was not easy to use.

Marcy from YMCA

Simple organizational tool to manage people & stuff!

We've started using sign up genius for almost all of our volunteer events, staff events and community collections/drives. It makes it so easy to know what still needs to be collected or staffed. I love that it automatically sends reminders to people about what commitments they have made so that I don't have to manually send those any longer. Generally, its very easy to use and super friendly for the end user.

Pros

I love how simple this is for an administrator but also the end user. I've never had anyone say they couldn't figure out how/what to do. I also appreciate that the users can alter their own sign ups for the items or people they are committing to an event. Plus being able to copy events or sign ups over from year to year makes the planning & implementation process quick.

Cons

I think that the ads and the limited themes are understandable but annoying. Also, there are some set up limitations that can make more complex events cumbersome to set up. Plus if you have to make changes once you go-live, it can be prohibitive.

Toni from CUSD

Convenient and Great Tool

I will continue to use it because it is convenient and a tested and true method that people do use it in my organization. Plus, it has become somewhat of a household name in our school to see signup genius come to their inbox.

Pros

There are flexible options as well as multiple options when using this tool for creating sign ups. I use it a lot for so many event sign ups for my school and classroom community. I love that it also lets you sign up easily but also sends reminders if people chose to input their emails, etc.

Cons

Some of the scheduling slots are confusing, it is still not clear, even with the update.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

Again, ease and more options, user friendly and eye catching.

Elizabeth from Indy FertilityCare

SignUpGenius- made a recent project SO MUCH SIMPLER.

It helped me stay more organized and allowed my event go smoothly and successfully! I would definitely use it again for future endeavors and events that require a potluck meal or supporting someone who needs food brought to them, etc. I can see how helpful it would be for personal needs also.

Pros

I like that I am able to have a live record of what different volunteers were offering to bring and do for a recent gathering. It took the details out of my hands and empowered my volunteers to make things happen.

Cons

I wish that there were some more customizable features and I wish that the emails did not often end up in my volunteers' junk inboxes, which made it hard for them to receive reminders in the days leading up to the event.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

I think people recognize SignUpGenius as it really has become a household name.

SignUpGenius for Organizations

Overall, I use SignUpGenius for conferences appointments, to motivate and keep track of who came to performances and for registering for a class.

Pros

This software is key to organizing events, having parents and community leaders register and developing a method in which I can know both the total amount enrolled and gather essential contact information for follow up. The beauty of this software is that once a person signs up, they can have the event synced on their own personal calendars. The software allows me to export the data into excel as well. It allows me to see how many times they registered and log how many volunteer hours.

Cons

The only snag that I ran into was importing some of my parents' emails from the software. It was not as easy as it seemed.

David from All About Driving

Very good, but...

Pros

Easy to use, customer friendly, ability to send mass communications

Cons

Cannot delete users from a signup. For me, this is a major design flaw. As a business, I don't understand why signup genius does not have a functionality for deleting users' access to signups. Even though there is a delete function, it is misleading in that users still have the ability to access signups even when they are supposedly "deleted" by accessing through their initial e-mail invite. Customer Service's response is that in order to deny access, new signups need to be created that are not accessible by "old" users. Well, this is much easier said than done. I don't want to be managing multiple signups. I use one signup as a dynamic scheduling tool for users coming on and off our schedule. Having multiple schedules targeted towards different user groups is an extremely cumbersome solution, requiring managing schedules over multiple signups- way too complicated. As a result, to me this is a major privacy issue in that unwanted users now have access to a signup, even though they are supposedly "deleted". I don't understand why Signup Genius allows this, unless they are marketing to all potential users and never want to lose the Personal Information.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. To clarify, you can delete participants from a sign up. You can also remove participants from your groups so that they do not receive future invites associated with your sign ups/account. However, once you take the action to send an invite to a group member, there isn't a way to recall that invite that has already been sent. If the invite is sent to that group member's email account, the only way to delete that invite would be to delete the email from their account. Since SignUpGenius does not have access to the person's email account, there isn't a way to delete the access to the sign up from the invite they received, unless the sign up is deleted. We apologize for the frustration this issue caused for you.

Kristina from MoCo Countryside Alliance

PTA parents have the answer - take it from them and get this

Easy for organizers and volunteers, it sends automatic reminders and lets people choose their own roles. Wouldn't run an event without it.

Pros

You know who has cracked the code for volunteer sign up? The pros, the ones who live in the trenches of bringing people together to get stuff done - I'm talking about parents and teachers of young children. The PTA president, the room parent- the poor soul who got stuck organizing the spring auction again this year. Use their knowledge and get this great freemium tool that is really easy for volunteers and organizers with lots of reminders and communication tools on both sides. It has automatic reminders, and people can change their own roles. Matching people to the right role is the art of volunteer management - let them choose their job and stop herding cats and managing spreadsheets. I am currently using sign up genius to manage volunteers for a music festival, our events person used spreadsheet last year even though I shared this tool so when I took it over I was sure that this site was my first stop. I can see that the pro functions are really useful and we are not big enough to need them but if we did they would be fully worth it.

Cons

I wish I could email everyone that signed up since my last email for a volunteer sheet that is open for longer than a few days.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your kind review, Kristina! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage volunteers. You can email sign up participants any time up to 30 days after your event has ended. To do this, go to "Messages" on the left side of your Sign Ups page and click"Compose". Choose: Email people participating in a sign up. Click the white button to select the sign up from the drop-down list of sign ups. Click 'Ok' Select the white Select People button and choose to send the email to those who have signed up. Enter the text of your email, click "Preview and Send" and send your message. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Sarah from SJCC

The Ultimate Organization Tool

Connecting with families has never been more difficult and this tool optimizes everyone's time by being efficient and reducing the amount of time that we need to send and collect information.

Pros

For a long time, our program not only struggled to get volunteers for events, but struggled to reach the volunteers to give them information about an event. We tried manually e-mailed, paper sign up copies, giant bulletin boards in the hallway, and it seemed as though we always missed people. It also left a lot of leg work for us. Enter SignUpGenius! The best part about the website is that its EASY to navigate and it is so fast to create a sign up for an event. You essentially write a small blurb about the event and then choose the template that best meets the needs of your event--whether it is one day or more, one-time slot of several and the number of volunteers. Then, you can either upload your contacts to their website, or create a link that you can send out. We use SignUpGenius for every event! It sends the admin e-mails when someone has signed up so that you can keep track of how your doing. The very BEST feature is that it automatically sends out a reminder about the event to everyone who has signed up. This has saved us more hours than I can count! After the event is over, it archives it so you still have the information to refer too.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about SignUpGenius and most of it is just more annoying than anything. While SignUpGenius is free for users, they do have a "Pro" edition that you can choose to pay for. This includes photos to use for your event posting or specific additional features. If you click on them accidentally, it will prompt you to sign up for the Pro edition. Not a big deal, just a nuisance, and sometimes its uncertain as to why these are paid features.

Sarah from Canyon Grove Academy

Great for Scheduling!

Overall my experience with SignUpGenius had been a positive one in allowing me to efficiently create sign up times for and manage my meetings. It keep things clean and organized telling me when anything has changed with sign ups. I look forward to seeing future improvements.

Pros

I oversee multiple students and their education working along side their parents. Monthly I meet with the parents of over 100 students. Sign Up Genius is fantastic for helping me to manage these meetings with efficiency. I am able to communicate with the parents when I will be available and the type of meeting we will have. All I have to do is set it up each month according to my schedule and then send out the link to the parents to sign up for a time that works for them. Don't want to share others info? No problem choose the option that only allows the owner to view who has signed up. Also what's even better, Sign Up Genius can auto-generate a reminder to those who have signed up! It's great!

Cons

I think one thing that would help is making it compatible with my Google Calendar, which considering recent changes may be a new option. It would be great if it auto synced all of my appointments.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied November 2019

Hi Sarah, Thanks so much for your review! I wanted to let you know that we offer the ability to sync sign up appointments with a personal digital calendar as one of our advanced features. If you want to learn more about this feature, check out this resource: https://www.signupgenius.com/faq/calendar-subscriptions.cfm Please contact our Support Team if you have any questions! https://www.signupgenius.com/support

Quick and Easy to Setup

Pros

SignUpGenius is fairly straight forward sign up website. I use it on a regular basis to create sign up pages for various classes that my company hosts. They have tons of themes and templates that you can use to customize your sign up page to fit your needs. It's comprehensive on set up as well as sign up for class attendees, the website doesn't ask for more information than name and email. They also do not require attendees to create an account to sign up which makes it easy for our company to use and keep track of class sign ups. The best part is that you can use the software for free so that's definitely a plus for me!

Cons

The interface isn't the easiest and most comprehensible to use on the set up side. The organization of older sign up pages is really messy and there doesn't seem to be an order to it. You would think that they'd be in order from newest to oldest, but it isn't. Plus, it doesn't seem to have an option to delete posts after so many years which would be nice. However, we use the free version of this software so considering that we aren't paying for this these are very small issues.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied February 2019

Hi there, It may be helpful to know that you can manage how your created sign ups display in your account. Go to the far right of the created sign ups are, where you will notice a Gear icon. From that icon, a list of drop-down options will be available to you to show past sign ups or unpublished sign ups. You can also choose to show sign ups in ascending or descending order. To delete a sign up you created, locate the sign up in your Created sign ups area. Click the ellipsis icon (...) to the right of the sign up. You will see an option to delete the sign up. If you choose this option the next screen will confirm the deletion of your sign up. I hope these tips help you manage your account better.

SignUp Genius

This is a great tool that can be used for event organizing purposes. I personally used them to schedule appointments with my students and for event RSVP's. I loved using it to schedule appointments, because it allowed me to indicate only my available times; each user was able to book only one time; and no other users were able to pick already chosen options. Their interface isn't very user friendly and user appealing though; I wish they have more customization options available.

Pros

- its a very easy to use application (easy to use for organizers and participants) - great to use to sign up people to events, appointments, meetings - mass email communication feature (thought I haven't been using it much, because isn't delivered from your actual email address) - its free!

Cons

- inserting emails is a complicated and time consuming process - very limited design customization options (the interface isn't very user friendly) - there is some learning curve to set the event up (time options, etc.)

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied February 2019

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We will be releasing some updates to the interface this year that I think you will find exciting! Our site allows users to import email addresses from several address books. We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files. If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names. Please contact our Support Team if you have questions: support@signupgenius.com.

March 2015

Tim from Maple Grove Fire Department

March 2015

SigUpGenius for Volunteer Firefighters

Pros

We use online sign-up sheets for a volunteer fire department with over 100 firefighters assigned to five different stations. Most of us have full-time jobs outside of being firefighters, so finding a way to coordinate activities in a fair and consistent way was time consuming and quite challenging. Online sign-up sheets from SignUpGenius streamlined our process, while making it very easy for our firefighters to use. We post a sign-up sheet electronically ,and it is instantly available to everyone. At the same time, one person can manage the sheets remotely, so it eliminated the need for paper sheets and multiple trips to stations to post, review, and collect those sheets.

Cons

What's not to like about the capabilities of this way of doing online sign-up sheets? The creators of Sign Up Genius built a product that takes a complicated process and makes it a smooth operation. It is so easy to use that there is seldom a need to ask for help. Then the friendly folks at Sign Up Genius are lightning fast to response on the rare occasions when you need help.

Great tool for organizing and scheduling groups

Pros

Really great for organizing groups. For instance, I use it often to have people sign up to bring items to an event. It's also great if you have an event and want to sign people up to be in charge of specific things at specific times during an event. For instance, if you want someone to man a table for a specific shift. It is very easy for the participant to sign up and the organizer to manage.

Cons

It can be time consuming to get all the email addresses into the software. It doesn't sync easily with a contact group in google, so you end up typing in a lot of email addresses. Once it's set up though, it works great.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied May 2018

We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files. If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names. It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can choose to take the sign up live without sending emails, and instead, copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your organization's website or share the sign up via social media as well. The link to your sign up can be found by viewing the live, published version of the sign up and copying the URL from your web browser address bar. I hope these options are helpful for you.

Ileana from Mathnasium

SignUpGenius has been great to keep our activities and events organized and send the automated email reminders to the participants

Pros

Great way to get your employees to participate in work and non-work related events. We used Sales force for an event that we were participating in and it was easy to manage. It provides reminders and it is user friendly.

Cons

It is a bit difficult to cancel once you have signed up. You have to email the administrator and have them cancel it for you. Maybe there is an easier way but I have not found it.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied October 2019

Hi Ileana, There are various ways to delete or edit a sign up, depending on how you signed up. If you signed up using your email address, you can access the sign up by following the link provided in your email invite, confirmation or reminder message. When you view the sign up, you'll see text that reads, "Change your Sign Up." Click on that option and follow the instructions. If you have a SignUpGenius account, it's pretty easy to remove your name or edit your sign up slot. Log into SignUpGenius.com and click on the Invited to tab. You will see Items I've Signed Up For. To remove your name, click the X to the right of the item. To edit information related to your sign up, click the pencil icon to the right of the item. If you entered a typo in your email address when signing up, you may need to contact the sign up creator to make the change for you. I hope this helps!

Matt from Central Presbyterian Church

Does the job!

We use SignUpGenius to organize and coordinate volunteers. Volunteers can click on the link and are taken to a form where they can sign-up for a time slot or to bring something to an event. They'll also be able to see what other volunteers have sign-up for, which is very helpful!

Pros

SignUpGenius is a great tool for coordinating volunteers. As a free software, it's great and incredibly useful. It comes with many templates and features. It takes some time to figure out how to make your sign-up look like you want it to, but then you are good to go. One of the great features of SignUpGenius is that is will email your volunteers in advance to remind them of their commitment. This is great because it takes following-up with and reminding volunteers off your plate and does that for you!

Cons

It does take a little time to figure it out at first. You can't sign-on for your first time and expect to have a sign-up ready to go in minutes. Also, some people speak of this as a lifesaver or game-changer when it comes to getting volunteers. That hasn't been my experience. It makes organizing volunteers and coordinating them easier, but it isn't going to bring them in as easily as some people might claim.

Joy from Idlewild Elementary PTA

Immediate Results

This is such a magical solution! I manage multiple events and volunteers. By having this platform, I can direct people to it instantly via social media, print, email, etc. It enables me to inform, ask, and manage items, people, and communication for activities! The response is about 75% within the first 24 hours and by re-sending/directing people with reminders back to the page, I've seen 95% consistently of all my slots filled before my event. This removes the need for me to call and ask individuals and allows people to feel like they have a choice to sign-up as opposed to feeling pressured to volunteer with a personal ask. Win/Win!

Pros

Very turnkey and easy to put together! This program enables techies and novices to create a marketplace to capture and manage sign-ups for events and activities. I really like the templates from which one can choose to best advertise and brand events.

Cons

Some of the options under "available slot" can be confusing. It may take a few extra minutes to figure out if the option chosen is best for the process of coordination between organizer and those signing up. It is easy to go back after previewing the page and edit. Also, be careful when signing up for multiple people and multiple slots so that appropriate units are assigned. ie. Jo signs up for 24 Bananas but it appears Jo is only bringing 1 of the 24 bananas. Be sure units are designated and products/slots are clearly labeled.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

I liked the ease of the platform. The templates available are plentiful and attractive. And, there is a FREE option with many choices to make my event happen at a very cost-effective rate.

Michele from Hidden Valley Elementary

SignUpGenius is a SNAP to use!!

I use SignUpGenius mainly for school events. I am on our school's PFC/PTA, so we send out A LOT of requests for sign up help. We have many events each school year, and the Genius is the way to go to get things organized. It's just really easy for volunteers to use- they can easily see what is needed, sign up for it...DONE! And for me, and the people creating sign ups, it is just so easy. I can get email notifications when a new volunteer has signed up, I can email people straight from the site, it's an easy way to manage an event.

Pros

Several free layouts to use, and so many options!! You can also upload your own photo, so it looks more 'personalized', even without paying more (we just use the free option!) . Easy to customize for your specific event/sign up. And it's so quick and easy to get your site out to everyone. You can either email directly from your sign up (by entering email addresses) or you can just copy/paste the URL and make it public if you want to reach a wider audience! And on an Administrative side-- there are tools, and reports and graphs. You can see how many people have viewed your sign up, lists that can be printed... it is very comprehensive!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints... it does all that we need it to do!

Linda from L'espace Vremya, Inc

You don't need to be a genius

SignUpGenius has been helping me create and manage events for any occasion and any group!

Pros

This software makes it super easy to create event signups for staff and customers. I like to use this when we are hosting events for more than 20 people because it's easier to see who has signed up, for what, and you have the ability to limit the number of signups per event or item.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

SignUpGenius has better control over individual items - like how many people should bring chips and dip - than other platforms.

Shahna from Coconut Creek Elementary

I use sign up genius every year for conference sign ups! My parents love it as much as I do!

I schedule conferences with my students' parents with ease!

Pros

I love that this software allows parents to sign up easily for a conference. No more back and forth about when I'm available and when they are available. It's very convenient.

Cons

I wish there was an undo button when setting up recurring dates. I also wish there was a larger calendar view when previewing the dates I've put in rather than just a list of dates.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Shahna. The default format of sign ups created with our system is a list format. However, we do offer the option for the sign up creator to show multiple date sign ups in a calendar view format. Log in with your email and password. Go to the *Created* tab and select the pencil icon to the right of your sign up. Go to: *Step 4: Slots*. Scroll to the end of the page where you will see the heading *Advanced Settings*. Click on the (+) sign and the Advanced Settings options will display. Locate the last option: *Show Calendar View by Default* and click the option to the 'On' position. Keep in mind, the calendar view is available only for multiple date sign ups. Remember to select 'Update' to save the changes to this setting. I hope this helps manage your conference sign ups easier.

Simple, Easy, and Really Quite Genius

My graduate school coordinator uses this for everything from orientation times to graduate assistant assignments to signing up for classes. Our 100 person program is able to exist thanks to SignUpGenius. I can't think of a better program that could accomplish the wide range of possibilities that this can.

Pros

I like that when other users respond, SignUp Genius updates and every other invitee can also see the updates. For example, when sending out RSVPs, everyone has the ability to see everyone else who has RSVP'd. It's a very easy app for taking polls for certain time slots. It is also great if you need just a quick one question response or a detailed, multi-step poll. As a user, I appreciate that it is quick and easily shows up in my inbox. Additionally, I don't receive spam messages from them after taking a survey!! This is so important. I didn't sign up for promo messages, so I don't want to receive them automatically. This program finally gets it. Finally, the ability to send out reminders is a great function. It's easy to set up ahead of time for the SignUp creator. I also love that it sends the event to my calendar!! It's just great for both ends of the SignUp request... I would highly recommend.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints, except that sometimes the visibility is limited on the mobile app. Really, I highly recommend this software and can't think of too many negatives haha.

Amanda from Allen ISD

SignUpGenius will make your life EASIER!!

Overall, SignUpGenius has made my teacher life easier. I will continue to use it for classroom events and sign ups for years to come. Our parents in our school have come to expect the simplicity that it offers.

Pros

This software is user friendly and offers a wide variety of "formats." As a teacher, I use it regularly to create sign ups for classroom party supplies, scheduling of parent/teacher conferences, and as an overall method of communication with parents about upcoming events. This eliminates the need for a lot of "back and forth" emails, since they can just RSVP and sign up all in one spot.

Cons

Sometimes the "duplicate" feature doesn't work as smoothly as I'd like. We often use it as a team and want to copy the same signup for every teacher on our grade level team and this has not always been the easiest.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied May 2019

Hi, Amanda! I'm sorry you ran into issues duplicating a sign up. When you make a duplicate, be sure you have your created sign ups area set to show "unpublished sign ups." Sign up duplication happens within a few seconds and you will find your copies in this area. Learn more about making duplicates here: http://www.signupgenius.com/faq/duplicate-copy-sign-up.cfm

rachel from Des Jardins Studio

Industry: Photography

Makes Getting Volunteers a Breeze!

While ads are annoying and the design is less than appealing, SignUpGenius is incredibly helpful for digitally organizing volunteer opportunities and sign-ups!

Pros

I was first introduced to SingUpGenius when I was working a full time job in marketing. We were required to find volunteers for events and SignUpGenius made that so easy. We used it in online marketing and were able to fill volunteer positions ever single time we used it! SUP makes it easy for both the company needing volunteers/sign-ups but also the people on the other end volunteering or offering their time! I've personally had good experiences on either end of the program.

Cons

The biggest "Con" I can think of is that sometimes the program, when you hook it up to your digital calendar (I use Google), will add the events multiple times when you are on the "user" end of the program. On the "owner" end of the program, I have not come across issues. This is a silly "con" but the design is rather obnoxious and doesn't look very professional especially if you are trying to use it for business purposes.

Tami from Cutler Real Estate

Gets all of your ducks in a role, no matter who your ducks are

I have been involved with Sign Up Genius a an organized and as a user. It has made signing up for team events and food/donation requests super easy. As an organizer, it has been an excellent tool to utilize in providing food for families in need of the communities support. The idea and execution of Sign Up Genius is really, well, genius.

Pros

Sign up Genius is extremely helpful in organizing group events from many aspects; teams, offices, churches, luncheons, food trees. This is a simple, easy way for you to get your group to sign up for an event or food need with no overlapping. Each time slot allows the user to explain what day and time and, if you have requested, as the organizer, what item they will be bringing.

Cons

In my experience, there does not seem to be sufficient communication with the individuals who have signed up and the organizer, as their day/time approaches. It is also not as compatible with you calendar, as it should be. Implementing text notifications would take Sign Up Genius to the next level.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Tami! When you create your sign up, you can turn on automatic reminders so participants are notified a few days ahead of their sign up. If you wish to communicate further with participants, you can send an email through the "Messages" area anytime. We also offer the ability to send text messages to your group members. You can learn more here: http://signupgeni.us/9om1 If you ever have questions, please contact our Support Team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Myocia from Self Employed

Industry: Public Policy

Sign-up Genius a useful tool.

This products allow me to connect with softball parents to sign-up to bring snacks. It allows me to connect with clients on what days they would like to attend support groups. I can go back and forth with my personal life and professional work.

Pros

The ease of creating sign-ups. The graphics and different templates to appeal to users. The option to specify days and times that users can just click. The option to preview before sending it out.

Cons

I could not find anything that I did not like. It did exactly what I wanted it do. I could say more diverse templates.

User friendly.

Tammi from PH Miller

Appreciation

I have had a much easier job of coordinating our events with SIgnUpGenius. Prior to finding this program, we used a spreadsheet or a google doc, and it was much more challenging that way. I had to stay on top of it constantly, where as now I just check what is still needed, as the date of our event gets closer, and I am able, right through SignUpGenius , to send an email out letting our parents know we still need more items for our event.

Pros

We have used this program to show appreciation for our teachers throughout the school year. SignUpGenius has reduced the amount of work it took our office to coordinate this. It simplified the process for our parents, and increased the number of parents that participated in our event. We had a much better turn out every time we used this method of signing up to bring something in, versus trying to use a spread sheet or any other method of signing up. It has made coordinating these events much more enjoyable for our staff.

Cons

The initial time using the program was a little tedious, until I got the hang of the method of entering the quantities desired.

Jennifer from Jennifer Karon Photography

Industry: Photography

Great way to track an event

Positive - my time tracking an event is greatly diminished with the help of this program.

Pros

I've had experiencing using this program for school functions. I've been invited to access an event through SignUpGenius to take part in an event, but also used it to track my own event. Rather than trying to write a list of people and items they would provide for the event or a time slot they wanted to choose, SignUpGenius allows you to invite people to fill in their information and all you have to do is login and see what's happening. You can follow-up with people with ease and confirm everything. It's changed how I handle small events.

Cons

A person has to create an account in order to take part in SignUpGenius, not everyone likes to create yet another password to keep track of, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied February 2019

Hi Karen, Thank you for submitting a review! We love hearing how SignUpGenius helps you manage events. It may be helpful to know that users do not need an account to participate in your event. Participants are only required to enter a name when they sign up. The email address is always requested because most users prefer to receive a reminder of their commitment. However, the email address is not required unless the creator of the sign up has required the email address. We always give users the option to create an account if they wish to do so, but it is not required. Please let our Support Team know if you have any questions: support@signupgenius.com.

Angela from Stratford VNA

Group organizing made easy

Super easy way to organize groups of people large or small, local or remote for items or volunteers needed. Emailing volunteers what the signed up for is a great feature so they can remind themselves. It's quick and simple for the end user.

Pros

It is an easy way to organize a volunteer list for people, items, or supplies. We have used this for classrooms, sports teams, picnics, class donations, etc. You can see what is needed, how many slots have been filled and it is all in one place. It emails you a reminder of what you signed up for which is great as an end user. For example, for home football games, volunteers are needed for the entrance gates, sidelines, control the chain markers and sell merchandise. All home games can be loaded with each job needed, how many people at each and time slots. Then parents can log in and choose what they can do. We used this for Senior night at my son's baseball game just recently as well. Rather than emails back and forth between parents and the liaison, the sign up genius was sent out with what was needed-types of food, tables, coolers, ice, drinks, etc

Cons

As an end user, without the link to find the event I am looking for, I do not know how to search for it. I usually have to find the original email I was sent or a reminder email to log into the event I want. Not sure if there is a better way.

Cody from Radio Carlisle

Great for Fundraisers/Volunteer Work

Pros

We use this tool when we are looking for volunteers for bring items to the event. Example: chips, table cloths, beverages, etc. This is an easy to use link that you can send to anyone. They can sign up with the quick add of their email address and SignUpGenius will even send them a reminder before the event to remind them to bring the items they signed up for. I also appreciate that you can see how many items have been signed up for out of how many you requested. Example: 2 chips have been signed up for out of 4 chips.

Cons

The only thing that is very annoying is how difficult it is to un-sign yourself up if you don't have an account. If you are not registered with a password, you have to contact customer support to change your items or take them off.

Reasons for Choosing SignUpGenius

This was just an easy and great way to include every body without forcing them to sign up or pay money. Everyone can keep track and leave notes.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied August 2019

There are various ways to delete or edit a sign up, depending on how you signed up. If you signed up without an account (using your name and email address), you can access the sign up by following the link provided in your email invite or the email you received from the creator of the sign up. When you view the sign up, you'll see text that reads, Change your Sign Up. Click on that option and follow the instructions. If you still cannot locate the sign up, it's possible a different email address was used when signing up or a typo was included in the email address when signing up. In that case, you can contact the creator of the sign up or our Support Team will be happy to help!

Aaron from District 49

SignUpGenius for Easy Parent Sign Ups

Overall, my experience with SignUpGenius has been positive. The end product that goes out to parents is easy to use and effective. You have to be willing to spend some extra time to create your sign up, but once you do, you can be confident that it will do the job well.

Pros

I use SignUpGenius for a number of activities as a teacher. I use it for assessment scheduling, party sign ups, field trip volunteers, conference scheduling, and a few other things. The best part about this software is that you can send a sign up out to parents/guardians via email, and they can sign up without bothering with any kind of official sign in or registering. They can even do it straight from their phone. I have found that by doing it this way, I get a lot more sign up activity. The actual sign up is easy to use. I have only had a few parents have trouble with it after using it for years.

Cons

The process of actually creating the sign up can be a bit confusing. There are many different tabs at the top that you have to navigate through. When using the software, I often have to go back and forth from the tabs to the "preview" button and see what the changes actually look like on the sign up form. The "preview" button is helpful and necessary to see what the final result will look like before sending it out. Ideally, the set up would be easier to navigate.

Jennifer from Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and St. Chjarles Borromeo

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I LOVE SIGNUPGENIUS! It has saved me so much time and makes organizing events easier.

This software keeps track of sign ups, so I don't have to rake through my emails and worry about forgetting someone. The ease of setting up a sign up is very good. People I work with are getting used to this is how I do things.

Pros

It is designed by people who understand signup for different kinds of events, meetings, and volunteer organizing. I can set repeated dates, list different slots, ask questions and print hard copies as needed!

Cons

I used the free version for about a year, and then I upgraded to Pro as I saw the need for the features. There is one feature in the next step up (More custom themes) that I would like to use, but right now I can't afford the upgrade,

Christina from Highland Park United Methodist Church

Of course I like this

Great! Intuitive, simple, makes sense, and sends automatic reminders.

Pros

It's great at what it is for - doesn't everyone know this already? If you haven't used SignUpGenius before then I don't know where you have been. This seems like such a common software to me. I like best the automatic email reminders it sends when you are signed up for something.

Cons

If I had signed up for a shift, but now cannot do it and I need to look for a replacement, it would be cool if I could email other people through the software to reach out and find someone to fill my spot. I guess what I like least is that it does not have this capability.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your review, Christina. We are happy to hear how the site has been helpful for you. We offer the ability for participants to swap slots with one another. To initiate a swap, a user must have an account with SignUpGenius. This simply means that if a user would like to swap with another user, they register at SignUpGenius with the same email they used to sign up for their item¿ and then they can initiate the swap. Any other users with emails in the system (regardless of whether or not they have created an account) will be available to consider swapping with the person who makes the request. Once another user accepts a swap request, the change is made automatically and if anyone else tries to respond to the request, they will see that a swap has already been updated. If you have questions, please contact our support team: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Beth from Camp Emeth

SignUpGenius for Dummies

I feel SignUpGenius is a reliable known product that can be trusted. I use it for setting up staff interviews and meetings with parents. It is a known entity so invited guests are not hesitant to use it. I will continue using SignUpGenius and learn how I can use it more effectively.

Pros

I like that most people know how to use it...and it's easy for the people signing up. The invited guests seem to have no problem understanding what they are signing up for and how to do it. The link to invite guests to sign up is great to email out at anytime.

Cons

I believe there are a lot of features that could be useful if I learned how to use them. I feel I might have created more work for myself in creating very specialized sign ups. I wish I knew how to use the reporting features more to my benefit. Not everything is intuitive for the person creating the sign up.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied September 2019

Hi Beth, Check out our blog post about creating a report: https://www.signupgenius.com/blog/feature-tips-export-volunteer-reports.cfm I hope this helps you manage your sign up even easier!

Amber from Sacred Heart Parish School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Overall, I love Sign Up Genius and will continue to use it for everything in my classroom. Parents love it and it makes everyone lives so much easier with all the scheduling and signing up.

Pros

I love Sign Up Genius! It is easy to use, intuitive, and helpful. I have used it so many times for parent-teacher conferences, volunteering in my classroom, and supplies for classroom parties. IT has saved me so much time, phone calling and paper. It has simplified communicating and managing different parents.

Cons

I wish there was a feature or a way to send a bulk email to everyone signed u pas a reminder for the party or volunteering.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied April 2019

Hi Amber, Thank you for your kind words! In addition to automatic reminders sent to those who sign up, you can send a bulk email to sign up participants at any time. Go to the "Messages" area of your account to compose a message to your entire group, those signed up, or those not signed up. If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team. https://www.signupgenius.com/help

Andrew from Lone Star Hypnosis

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Simple, user friendly and perfect platform to organize events while staying in touch.

Pros

The ease and user friendliness of this tool is impressive. The notifications it gives to participants makes life so much easier, and automated. Many people are familiar with it because local schools use it extensively. Clients coming to classes can pay, and annotate their reserved places. It makes it easy to cancel as well, which cuts back on no shows from people who don't like to talk live in that regard.

Cons

I have no issues but would suggest the interface be modernized somewhat, with a few more customizing options as far as visuals.

Sharon from Eastside Elementary School

Makes signing up for activities easy!

Pros

I like that I can create a sign up form online for people to access. It makes signing up workers for carnivals or other events much easier.

Cons

I'd like to be able to use it for people to save the date for something, such as a work schedule. From what I have used the program for so far, I only see a way to set up an event or activity for parents to sign up to work.

Nicholas from Dr. Flint Dermatology

Great RSVP software

Pros

I have used this to sign up for tons of different programs and meetings. I love how you can export a file to different types of calendars (I export to my mac calendar and it works amazingly well!). I also really like how you can have an account and view all the things you have signed up for

Cons

Sometimes the date listed in the description and the calendar export are different. Perhaps this is due to error on the event creators part, but it would be nice to have something that prevents this

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied February 2019

Hi Nicholas, Thank you for your awesome review. The date and time that display on your calendar file is pulled from the date/time the sign up creator enters in Step 3. Sometimes creators enter a large amount of time in this area then use the sign up slots to show smaller increments of time. It sounds like this may have happened on some events you have signed up for. Thank you for your feedback. We always welcome suggestions for how we can be more genius!

Becca from University of Houston-Clear Lake

Handy digital signup tool

We use this program to create signups for appointments for intake meetings (student services) and for student workers to sign up for slots at campus events.

Pros

Unlike many group calendar/meeting apps, which involve everyone entering possible meetup times, this is for individuals to choose appointments or commit to work slots for events, etc. An administrator sets up the various tasks and puts in slots (it's possible to indicate how many people are needed for each time slot under each task). It autogenerates notifications for signups and sends reminders to each signee.

Cons

It was very tricky to figure out the easiest way to add time slots in bulk, and the difference between adding days and times and adding time slots.

Danielle from Church

Easy to create a sign up

Very good!

Pros

That I can create a sign up in minutes for people to join and let me know what they are signing up for. I was notified every time my sign up was changed (say someone signed up for something)

Cons

I tried e-mailing out the link to the sign up to a big group and it didn't work from the website for some reason.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied December 2018

Hi, Danielle. It is not necessary to send invites from our site. You can share the link to your sign up via your personal email or social media. To find the link to your sign up after it has been published, go to SignUpGenius.com and log in with your email and password to the account where the sign up was created. When you view the sign ups page, click the Created tab. Click the image or title for your sign up. When the sign up page displays, copy the URL from your web browser address bar. This is the unique link to your sign up. Copy and paste this link to give out in emails or use in the way that you wish to distribute your sign up information. For additional information on sharing your sign up with your group, click the link below: http://signupgeni.us/abcd214

Capterra

Pros

Easy and free for the planner side and also the attendee side.

Cons

Some address books are not support when trying to upload.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied April 2019

Our site allows users to import email addresses from several address books. We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook, and CSV files. If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names.

Kristin from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company

So easy and useful!

I love that it is not only flexible but easy, and not just easy from a "I don't get confused on what I need to click" sort of way, but how it adapts what would normally often be an analog process (signing up for conferences, for party planning, for what to bring to a potluck, whatever) that would involve needing to be physically WITH a list or calendar, to one that is accessible. I am a working mom and the fact that I can not only plan my parent teacher conference in not even two minutes from a single email, but see what time slots are taken and which are free so I can have a backup plan if I need to reschedule, but there are also reminders. Time of day, distance, etc. is completely irrelevant and it makes life so much simpler. I think the concept is great and well executed.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the ease of use. There is no complicated, multi-step process to using it. Sometimes, tools used for organization for school events or social functions will involve a long process involving signing up and getting verification emails and having to dig around to find the original email so you can go back to the page and log back in... you know how it goes. But not so with SignUpGenius! It's so easy. Who are you? What are you doing? Submit your stuff, move on with your life. My daughter's teachers and class mom use this and it is fantastic.

Cons

I work in UX and I would say that the color scheme can be a bit tough on the eyes, but that is hardly an insurmountable problem.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the feedback and review, Kristin!

Farris from ODPhi

A go to software for group planning

This software was a great experience for organizing meetings among large groups where everyone has complex schedules.

Pros

Signup Genius is a literal life saver. I love how you can use this software to create appointments, select multiple time slots, mark availabilities, and it will output the best date based on user input for whatever you are planning. Very handy especially when organizing in large groups.

Cons

The user interface on mobile devices can be glitchy and hard to scroll through sometimes and it can be hard to follow what column you are on.

John from ERM Education

Easy program for signing up for meetings, potlucks, etc.

Pros

This program is pretty much an invitation style sign up form. It is great for scheduling meetings with available sign up times, signing up for what to bring to potlucks, etc.

Cons

The layout is often difficult for the end user to understand. It would be nice if a calendar could be integrated with options on days like "3 left" etc. Also, it doesn't correlate with Outlook. It would be great if when an individual signed up, outlook appointments were automatically set.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied May 2018

As part of our advanced features, we allow a creator/administrator to upload 'appointments' (all sign ups) to their own master calendar. The Calendar Sync feature is great for the organizer of the event since it allows you to sync all items on the sign up to your personal digital calendar. Sign up participants can also sync all of the items they¿ve signed up for to personal calendars such as Google, Apple¿s Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook. The participant can add reminders about the item they have signed up for within their personal calendar if desired.

Sara from services to people

Industry: Mental Health Care

Pros

This product is great when managing group events or parties. It is easy to use and provides you with the information in a manner that is easy to understand.

Cons

Importing email addresses can be difficult and time consuming.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied November 2018

We currently support uploading email addresses from Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live accounts, Outlook and CSV files. If your emails are not in an address book or are in an address book that is not supported, we recommend that you export the email addresses into Excel from your mail program. You can then copy the column of email addresses and paste them into the SignUpGenius input box. Please make sure you copy email addresses only with no names. It is also not required to send invites directly via our site. You can choose to take the sign up live without sending emails, and instead, copy the link to the sign up and send invites from your own email program. You can also post the link on your organization's website or share the sign up via social media. If you have any questions about importing emails, please contact the Support Team.

Ryan from Epworth UMC

I use signup genius for all of our churches events and love it.

Pros

Signupgenius is very easy to use and I love that it makes getting people registered for events super simple. I am also a fan of the mass email communication functions.

Cons

The graphic interface is a little dated in my opinion. Themes could be more design driven and easy on the eyes. Adding multiple slots with different times for the same signup sheet can sometimes be a little frustrating. I wish there was a way to set multiple times and slots up at once instead of manually having to enter each one.

Emer from Fletcher Free Library

Industry: Libraries

Friend recommended for in-house use

Pros

Sign-up Genius makes it easy to keep event planning organized, especially when multiple folks will be contributing time and goods to the event, which is often the case for not-for-profit organizations like our public library.

Cons

We worried about the security level of the software, and it wasn't easy to see how secure it was. We want our volunteers and contributors to know that their information, even about stuff like this, is confidential.

Response from SignUpGenius

Replied March 2019

I am happy to provide more information regarding our privacy policy. We do not sell or give out our membership information to any third-party vendors. Participants will receive automatic confirmation emails, reminders and other notification emails from the sign up creator. The emails entered on a sign up can only be seen by the sign up creator, so any emails that participants submit are protected from other group members or from web spiders that might try to crawl a particular web page. This kind of security/privacy is critical to our company. Below is a link to our detailed Privacy Policy: https://www.signupgenius.com/about/privacy.cfm Please contact our support team if you have additional questions: http://www.signupgenius.com/help

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,134 reviews