• Pros

• "The program support I received in the past was exceptional. "

• "I love the cloud feature for Silent Partner, it makes creating reports very easy."

• "Good interface in the cloud. Great access for staff globally."

• Cons

• "I wish there was more ways to learn how to use it than just a ? bar. Training would be helpful to really maximize the full(er) potential this software has."

• "It can be difficult to find a way to run a report that I want. There are a lot of reporting options but not as user friendly in trying to figure out how to get exactly what I need. "

• "Desktop admin system in cumbersome. Reporting is not simple. Could be more intuitive."

Browse Silent Partner Software Reviews

Lynda from UrbanPromise Toronto

LOVE The Silent Partner!

Pros

It has so many features that would make it useful to both large and small organizations. Their knowledge base (kind of like an online instruction manual) is very user friendly, not too technical so its easy to follow. The tech support is amazing, so quick to respond, friendly and always helpful.

Cons

Jim from Youth for Christ Steinbach INC.

Silent Partner Simplifies My Life !

Pros

Silent Partners is an incredibly useful tool in tracking the ministry partners in our organization. The ease of producing versatile reports of every imaginable requirement is outstanding. Silent Partner allows us to communicate effectively with all our partners with a few clicks. Our partners love the summary report I present to them for their lifetime giving totals. They are always amazed at this report and most often are encouraged to continue or even add to their regular gifts. I enjoy the ease of entering donor information.

Cons

Currently I am not enjoying the receipt processing module. Unless you are the programmer or creator of the module you have little of no idea of the next step to take. This module needs a great deal of improvement. That is my only frustration with the system. I must say that the support team from Silent Partner is always available to guide you through the next steps to get the receipts you require. The team is prompt and very knowledgeable with every situation. Please do try to make the receipting process more user friendly.

Sylvie from Montreal Youth for Christ

Silent Partner

I work more on the desktop, which I like. I'm the person who enters the donations/deposits in the system, for which the cloud is pointless. I find the desktop easier to use (maybe because I've worked on it for so long...), and more flexible. As I don't use the cloud very often, my experience is not very positive. I don't think it is user friendly, and from my experience, I find it very limited. But again, it's probably my lack of experience on it. In my opinion, it is not intuitive... one has to search a lot to find something. Not transparent.

Pros

I don't need to send individual reports to the staff at the end of each month, as staff now have access to their accounts through the cloud. I like the fact that it is easier to reissue a receipt than it was on the on the desktop.

Cons

Receipting on the cloud wasn't user friendly at all. I ran into lots of problems. Instructions are not clear either. However, client services was very good when I ran into a problem. Adding a user on the cloud isn't good at all. I now tell my staff to give me their lists and I enter them on the desktop. I waste much less time like this. On the desktop there are mandatory fields which are not mandatory on the cloud, which means that after a sync, I have to go back and verify/correct each new donor to make sure all the information is there. It's much more time consuming for me with much more risks of errors, than if I enter everything myself on the desktop and then sync. I also find that when people make certain corrections in their donor info on the cloud, I sometimes have to go on the desktop after the sync and correct some of the information. Another main issue I have because we are in Quebec and have many French donors, is the accents, which don't always show properly on some reports and sometimes on receipts. This is a huge thing for me as donors like their names to be spelled properly.

Nancy from Health Partners International of Canada

Why recommend SPW ?

I have always been impressed with the variety of functions that I can use to track and manage donor information with SP. Its versatility is collecting multiple data and donor information points is great. Financial reporting is easy with it standard and customizable reporting structure. The teams is great at responding to inquiries and helping navigate users through evolving updates on they system.

Pros

Great reporting options- ease of use for quick reviews Multiple options for creating donor categories and preference for communication Create filtering capacities

Cons

Limited use as a full Contact Mana system for corporate/organization donors and potential donors , not able to capture multiple contacts under one name

Eilleen from Pioneers

Great user-friendly program in use for 18 years.

Overall I am happy with using Silent Partner and have been using it for 18 years.

Pros

It's user-friendly, has auto-fill in most fields, postal code field forces correct letter/number combination to avoid errors, quick to find first and last donations, files can be merged easily.

Cons

I don't like that the phone fields were changed, a bit more work to fill in now I have trouble with "not responding" messages where I'm forced to shut SP down. When I re-start it asks me more than once to check if there are other users before letting me proceed causing me to shut down again and re-open

Joyce from Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited

Silent Partner works for us!

Pros

It is easy to learn how to use the software. We can store all the information we need and it is customizable to fit our organization's needs. If we experience problems, customer service works diligently with us to resolve them quickly and to prevent them from occurring again.

Cons

Customization options do take time and doesn't always fit into our organization timeline of events.

Tim from Non profit Organization

Silent Partner Review

It has been very good. The program does not make errors, humans do. (We say that a lot around here)

Pros

The way it connects to excel making it easy to analyze data. It is a very powerful for a number of applications.

Matt from SEND International

Good product that meets our needs ... not overly complex.

Silent Partner has excellent customer service. The product they offer provides what we need, but isn't overly intuitive. My staff have a hard time working with it on a regular basis.

Pros

Good interface in the cloud. Great access for staff globally.

Livia from Manitoba Schzophrenia Society

Silent Partner Review

Pros

The software is easy to use . There is great support, online and over the phone. The employees and customer service is great.

Cons

I do not like the icons on the software.

Judy from Siloam Mission

Silent Partner

Pros

The program support I received in the past was exceptional.

Cons

The support person I dealt with is retiring and not sure what future support will look like.

Jim from Saskatoon Youth for Christ

PROS AND CONS

For the most part, it is an easy program to use. Tax Receipt reporting seems to be difficult with the cloud, etc. The representatives are excellent very helpful and patient with us.

Pros

-Good support team. Software is easy to use for posting donations.

Cons

-Issues exist with various reporting including incorrect amounts on Tax receipts

Dawn from New Life

Great Software

Pros

Cons

Silent Partner had a bit of a learning curve.

Louise from City in Focus

Getting increasingly more functional

Silent Partner software I believe has an inherent value in its ability to add better features each year. I seems as if the team is pro-active and wants to meet ever changing needs for clients.

Pros

Detailed program and good personalised customer service

Cons

Windows as its main operating system

Amy from DBK Accounting

Good Donation software

Good software for the price. Recommended it to a number of organizations.

Pros

This program does a great job of organizing the donations for a church. It allows for good reports that can easily be reconciled to the accounting system. It also ensures that all donations entered are properly receipted.

Cons

This is a software designed to work with an accounting system. Not have the accounting flowed through this system.

Phil from BCM International (Canada) Inc.

The Silent Partner Review

Do a good job at tacking our donations and for printing the acknowledgements.

Pros

It is relatively simple to use and the tech support is excellent.

Cons

Nothing in particular. I don't use it on a continuing basis so at times it takes me a while to find what I want and complete the task.