All TeamViewer Remote Reviews

Give Support , Get support

Jeheen Mahmood

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

If you are providing remote serice, you need this

This is a robust workhorse for any and all remote assistance, resource maintanance tool. In my years of use, I have only seen it fail a couple of times. There were some issues with network, but that is not TeamViewer's fault. Do keep in mind, to get the best out of this tool, you should have a stable network on both ends.

PROS

This is the most stable remote access tool I have tested, and I tested an awful lot of them. The file transfer feature works like a charm and is very secure, if you are worried about privacy. Being a remote employee, I have to use PCs all over the world pretty frequently. TeamViewer has proved to be the most stable tool for that. The remote access without assistance feature is especially helpful for a project manager who needs to maintain assests in separate locations.

CONS

To be honest, the sound settings is a little confusing to set up. While on a call it gets tangled up with the call Skype/Slack/Hangouts etc) and creates very irritating screeching noise and/or feedback. It is best to turn of the sound. I guess you can use TeamViewer for calls as well, but I never figured it out as we are pretty much embedded into Slack :D Also the price is rather steep. It is hard for small teams to afford the tool. But if remote work is a core component of your project, you simply have to manage.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

Due to stability and better UI. It did cost rather a lot more than the competitor, but when you are handling important projects, you do need the best solutions.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer had better stability and a much nicer UI.

Yurie Katri

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2022

A helpful tool for working remotely

Before the presentation, I had to scramble to operate the terminal on the top floor of the office. It was not a security-restricted area and there was no concept of using a remote desktop connection to do the work, so we had to go there personally. However, with the spread of remote work thanks to Corona and the introduction of this tool, it became possible to work with a remote desktop connection from home or in the office, eliminating the hassle of walking. In addition, it is now possible to work from home, so I believe that work efficiency has improved significantly.

PROS

It is very convenient because you can operate the remote connection destination terminal through a remote desktop connection between offices or in a homework environment without the hassle of detailed configurations. It is also possible to send files, so it is useful when you want to transfer a local file to a remote connection destination. It also supports smartphone apps, so in an emergency, you can access and respond from your smartphone, which is excellent.

CONS

Sometimes it is strangely cumbersome, and operations such as clicking are disabled and a restart is required, which is inconvenient. Also, as it is not a cheap service in terms of cost, I think if there are several additional contract plans, the barriers to using the paid version will be reduced.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

We are using it with a purchase contract, not a subscription. The cost performance is good, there is no remote precision (cut in the middle) and we can do the job without problems.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Trouble-free remote control. Even if the customer is stuck in the operation, we can control it remotely. Besides, it is easy to make clients download the remote tool and it is easy to start with a double click, which is also good.

Hi Yurie, Thank you so much for reviewing TeamViewer with the positive feedback! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. We are glad to know TeamViewer is a powerful remote access tool for you and even for your home office! You are invited to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions about TeamViewer. We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! See you in TeamViewer Community! Wish you a great day and all the best. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied October 2022

Marco

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A Powerful Remote Support and Control Features

PROS

Team communication is easy with this tool It comes with great collaboration features Remote support and control is easy

CONS

Handling remote access needs has been easy with TeamViewer Remote. No issues.

Justin

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

There are better Remote Access options Now

Overall the system is OK. setting up remote access is clunky and overly complicated. The billing system sucks and has limited adjustment ability. The support takes probably a week to get back to you and the call center is always bogged down. It is overpriced for our needs. I have tried reaching out to your support. The support has not been helpful nor interested in working to solution. Overall, the support has lagged (sometimes over a week for a response to a simple question). I have an open ticket though today was told that they don't have my payment which posted 3 weeks ago and require a bank statement to rectify. I sent screenshots of my bank statements as the PDF won't be published for 2 weeks due to the timing of the statements and the finance person said well we can't stop it from going to collections as I asked as they were not accepting the screenshots to wait for the PDF. Overall, the "rules" of teamviewer are archaic and you should just search "TeamViewer class action" if you want more information about the issues that people get with them. I am amazed that there is an expectation that a company could hamstring their customer service soo much. It really is sad that a company with a good product has to be soo bad administratively. I am really disappointed. I have been a customer for 4 years. I am "stuck" in a EULA that is not binding in our state but they are playing mean.

PROS

App that boots at startup Solid tutorials Mac OS support

CONS

A lot The price structure does not reflect a small business needs for periodic support Options come and go support is mediocre

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Thought this was better, and we will be going back.

Hi TeamViewer user, Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer. To turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to contact the TeamViewer Support Team (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/) for a discussion. We hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously. Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied January 2024

Martin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

A very reliable remote access and control software

Having used the software for more than 3years now, i would highly recommend it to people. it has really improved over the past years and more features have been added to it

PROS

Fast connectivity, very reliable and clear audio when it comes to holding meetings and video conferencing.

CONS

input delays when it comes to accessing and operating a computer remotely

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

fast connectivity for remote access and very reliable

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Slow connectivity when it came to remote access

Hi Martin, Thank you for choosing TeamViewer for your remote access solution and we appreciate your recommendation!! We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance and reliability. Wish you a great day and all the best. See you soon! Ying/TeamViewer

Replied April 2024

Lisa

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Quick and Easy Access to help remote users with technical issues

I've used TeamViewer for over 15 years and it has always been very useful in my company. We've never wanted to use anything else.

PROS

I love that logging onto a user's computer is quick and painless. I love that you can easily assist a user while explaining what you are doing.

CONS

I don't like when there are updates and you try to log in and you receive a message that says the user has a more recent version than you, and it won't allow you to log in.

alessandro

Medical Practice, 1 employee

teamV review

PROS

very usefull for informatic support for solving software problems by software operators/ programmists

CONS

very slow dialogue between laptops despite using high speed fiber connections

ANDREW

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easy and reliable to use

it helps a lot in our company, especially in meetings like the use of screen sharing. The chat really helps in connecting everyone.

PROS

-user-friendly interface. -useful in meeting and discussing things. -screen sharing helps a lot in our meetings.

CONS

-need to have installed for everyone. -need some improvement to other functions but not necessary.

Mohamad Rafeek

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Experience with TeamViewer

TeamViewer is widely used and trusted by individuals and businesses for remote desktop access, meetings, and support, making it a popular choice in the remote desktop software market.

PROS

TeamViewer is available on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android, making it easy to connect to any device or operating system

CONS

TeamViewer can be quite expensive for individuals and small businesses, especially for the premium features and licenses.

1,001-5,000 employees

TEAMVIEWER REVIEW

It is best to use if you are managing away from your employees. You will have the access to help them just in the comfort of your home.

PROS

I can manage all my trainees even we are working from home. It is easy to use and it has no additional hidden charges.

CONS

none so far. I am able to use this product the way it should be.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

I have seen one of my coworkers using this.

Emad

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

TeamViewer is packed with unique features but at inflated price.

The best overall remote access and desktop sharing software in the market hands down, packed with lots of features that you could barely find in any free or paid alternative, but this all comes in a very restricted free plan and inflated price if you decided to upgrade to paid plans, their prices need to be revised and their cancellation policy need to be reviewed and implemented properly for the best of their customers first.

PROS

A fundamental portion of my work duties require constant and stable remote connection for wide variety of tasks ranging from colloaborating with my collegeus on a project or to overseeing some developments/deployments for platforms or make essential modifications to work in progress, aside from that i use it for a lot of personal tasks to run on my home PC or manage some features in my home network or control devices connected to it, honestly teamviewer is a leader and the most rich feature in the industry when it comes to remote access programs, they managed to dominate the market as it has been in business for a very long time, This program has it all in one package, the program is very compact size run on very minimal machine resources, you can run it unattended without installing a program itself which saves a lot of space and very convenient, you can connect all your devices to your account on the cloud to instantly access and managed all devices with a single click, support multiple platforms and systems, very friendly and easy to learn interface, it can maintain a stable and flawless connection between you and your partner even if the network isn't stable at either side, it has outstanding and mature features available to both free and paid users, sometimes not available or only for paid version on other alternatives (chat, make an audio/video conference with partner or group, transfer a huge amount of files with large size instantly, privacy control and more).

CONS

I would have given this amazing piece of software the full mark unless it suffers from two basic issues that irritates me a lot and need the company to look for a solution to those problems sooner than later if it wants to keep its loyal customers like me, First and most important one is their pricing plan for paid version, As i mentioned I use the paid version for business but recently the prices has doubled for no apparent reason, and there is no clear cancellation policy on which i can opt out from using this software or change plans to lower one, the customer service need to do more to address this issue and help us by having different options with reasonable price and effective cancellation policy for those who want to change their mind and not get a constant deduction against their will, the Second reason is for the free version for personal use like the one i use in my home, which after latest updates became very messy and disconnect me every 10 seconds with an ambiguous message stating that there is a commercial use detected and a long time out before i regain access and reconnected again and again, I never suffered any such problem like this before, but the free version become very hard to use with this policy which made me sadly revert to less intrusive and more welcoming alternatives, those issues needed to be addressed and resolved ASAP so teamviewer can keep his position as the number one product for remote access of all the time as it once were.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

Aside from all the pros i have mentioned in my review, this software has some crucial privacy control options that i need the most, like for instance, limit access permissions for the other party or switch control sides, install VPN for extra layer of security and wake up compuers in LAN.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

It has major security flaws that could compromise my sensitive data , the UI isn't friendly at all, lack most of necessary features either in free or paid plans that were crucial for me.

Abraham

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Pros and Cons of TeamViewer

I was introduced to TeamViewer during the early stages of my career in IT and the software has always delivered when the tough gets going. I've been using TeamViewer now for over 10 years and the current version today has improved immensely since the previous versions. Today, I am fully utilizing almost all the features shipped with TeamViewer from recording sessions during meetings, chat utility, file transfer, audio conferencing, video presentations, etc. It has given me the confidence to perform my duties in the office and outside the office when I am on the go. In addition to the years of experience, I have personalized TeamViewer now as my first choice remote software that I use to manage my own home lab which I can access from anywhere in the world.

PROS

TeamViewer is a great tool for anyone out there who is looking to manage multiple platforms remotely and with efficiency. I like TeamViewer because it helps me a lot in my line of work, and as an IT professional I need a centralized remote access console to be able to access my devices easily when the need arises. I've been using TeamViewer for the past 10 years and it has enabled me to complete my work from anywhere at anytime, without relying on other technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network). Apart from just using TeamViewer to access your computing devices remotely over the internet, it comes with other great features like session recording, file transfer, chat utility and configuration settings to help you customize the software to suit your working needs.

CONS

The audio conferencing setup and configuration for some users can be an overwhelming experience, especially if the person is not accustomed to configuring software to engage in a conference call. IT support or assistance someone who has better knowledge about TeamViewer may be required in such situations to assist. In some situations I have had to assist end users to configure this feature for them when other audio conferencing platforms fail, and the feedback from the requester is that they have no idea whatsoever on how to proceed with the setup. Perhaps in future TeamViewer may become the go to platform for audio conferencing and chat in regards to other products like Skype and Skype for Business. In my opinion TeamViewer is an awesome tool, why? because it provides the necessary features to improve a person's production when his/her work demands it.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer offers a better management console with stable connectivity from source to destination. It's easy to install, configure and upgrading to the next version is so easy with a few clicks of your mouse. The other compelling aspect about TeamViewer is the reasonable pricing and 24/7 technical support when you need it. As an administrator and a customer I am satisfied with the product and I confidently recommend TeamViewer to anyone who is looking for a multi-tasking platform.

Neel

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Sold, Multiplatform Remote Access and Viewing Solution, with some issues

I highly recommend TeamViewer -- I had recommended it to several counterparts at peer firms, and have started to use the personal version with my own computers. Several of my users have started using it with their own family and friends once they saw how easy the program is to set up and use.

PROS

I love how easy this program is to use across many device platforms -- Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. I really like how it allows full control over computers and Android devices. It is rock solid for screen viewing on iPhone, and is really easy to get a user into a support session. It works well and maintains a solid, unfaltering connection even when our available alternatives (Zoom, Teams, Skype for Business, Quick Assist for Windows 10) fail. The device details that the program displays has helped me correct issues that users don't even know they have and suggest updates that users don't even realize that they lack.

CONS

While the remote screen viewing feature is rock solid on iPhones, the connection seems to be lost very frequently on iPad devices. When this bug is acting up, the product is almost unusable on affected devices. On iOS in general, the OS seems to prompt for disconnection very often on some devices (seems like older devices only in my limited experience). If the user is not paying attention and hits the button to close the screen share, reconnection is required.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

Ease of use, free basic license, affordable enterprise license.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

It was the easiest solution I found for getting my users onto a remote support and viewing platform

Umurhan

Sports, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

In general, it is the remote connection program that I have used the most both in my private life and in my business life. I am very satisfied.

PROS

My favorite feature is that I can provide an easy and secure connection. And providing the necessary security by giving a password before the connection.

CONS

The aspect that I like least is that if another user has one of the lower versions of this software, remote connection cannot be established, the versions must be the same, I would like this to be ignored.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

I prefer this software because of its price performance ratio and reliability.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Due to the expensive license fee

Nitin

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

PROS

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

CONS

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer Remote

Anydesk is small tool that do not have much features and also lags screen cursor and do not automatically optimize it. Also support from them is not up to mark and we cannot share large files while screen sharing.

Bill

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

PROS

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

CONS

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer offered a simple-to-use, no-install solution for remote support for our clients that was far cheaper than the competitors at the time.

Brandon R

Wireless, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Excellent for time and cost savings. Ideal for support to people outside the company.

Remote connection is possible from anywhere, so you can work from the office, while traveling, or from home, improving efficiency. It can minimize the amount of time and effort necessary to go to the location, as well as the expense of transportation. Previously, it used to go to the end user to work and solve the problems, but after the introduction, the time to go to the site and the cost of going there are reduced, the work efficiency is improved and the problems are recovered. Good things like shortening the time and reducing transportation costs. It increases work efficiency when dealing with PC problems.

PROS

It became a means to connect from the inside to the outside, the problems that could be solved, the concrete effects, and the outside. Before I could connect from an external computer to an internal computer through a VPN connection, but I could not do the reverse pattern. It is now possible to connect from inside the company to outside the company, and it is now possible to explain outsiders sharing the computer screen. I use it to teach people outside the company how to operate a computer. If only the ID and password are provided over the phone, you can connect immediately and it is easier to use than other software. Also, the connection is difficult to interrupt and there is no delay in reaction, so you can use it comfortably.

CONS

Occasionally, you may not be able to connect from the start, or if you think it has hardened during use, the connection may disconnect, so check.

Reason for choosing TeamViewer Remote

You can perform the same thing with other applications, but this is the most solid connection.

Hello Brandon, Thank you for reviewing TeamViewer and sharing your great experience with TeamViewer! We are pleased to know you have chosen TeamViewer for your remote access solution! Wish you a beautiful day and an unforgettable journey with TeamViewer! Best, Ying/TeamViewer

Replied October 2022