What are Tendenci users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Tendenci software through verified user reviews

• icon"The support team are very knowledgeable and eager to help, I appreciate their efforts for always sorting us on any query’s without tiring."
  • icon"Great thing is also the pricing grows with the community so you wont need to pay a lot at the beggining."
  • icon"Functionality ... can do most anything our business needed for less money than similar competitors out there. And the customer support is second to none."
  • icon"It took me some time to to used to the mobil website. At the beginning I struggled to upload videos, however the Tendency team promptly instructed me."
  • icon"Sometimes the features don't seem intuitive - but that could user error."

Browse all Tendenci Reviews

• Have you used Tendenci and would like to share your experience with others?

Jeniffer

September 2022

Intuitive Email Marketing Solution.

Effective marketing and powerful for event and meetings management and to manage membership data through this product is an easy process.

Pros

Social media management and processing of various business payments through the package is perfect and very easy data visualization software. Very flexible marketing features and the best on gathering marketing insights from various channels and easy tool for data management and reports are clear and reliable.

Cons

Perfect and easy marketing features and best reporting tool, but to custom the features when new to the platform is not simple.

Maureen

September 2022

My 2 years Awesome Review with Tendeci, Tried it, liked it and Stayed.

Pros

Tendeci is very security focused and our organization feel safe when using the software. Our clients enjoys using Tendeci as they can email event enquiries, sign up for the events and even pay for them at a go on the same system, working has never been made this much easier until we tried Tendeci, it’s literally “all in one shop”. The support team are very knowledgeable and eager to help, I appreciate their efforts for always sorting us on any query’s without tiring. Event portal is something else I love, it’s easy to edit, add and this makes our work enjoyable

Cons

I have used many softwares but they can’t be compared to Tendeci. It’s the G.O.A.T. am glad I found it and I’m here to stay. I’m a happy user

Matthew

Time used: Free Trial

December 2014

Don't use Tendenci

We have been Tendenci customers for several years. The platform was always a struggle to use and customize, but in recent months, they have really reached a new low in terms of the service we're getting. Some time ago, Tendenci promised our nonprofit direct access to their database for third-party login validation for a portal we set up for our constituents. Then one day, without warning, our login integration stops working. It takes over a week to get any kind of explanation -- then they tell us they switched hosting providers. They tell us we can't access the database directly anymore, but if we set up a SQL Server database on our own, they can send nightly updates to our own hosted server. So we say "fine", and they send us the data, but the problem is, they don't set up scheduling correctly and our data never gets updated after that. We find this out not from them, but from users of our third-party application who can't log in weeks after resetting their passwords. Lots of back and forth ensues. We're passed around from one person to the next. Nobody at Tendenci can seem to figure out how to correctly set up nightly updates from one MSSQL Server database to another -- even the Director of Technology. They give us one excuse after another. When they can't make it work, they blame it on the permissions we provided them to our server, even though we demonstrate to them time and again that their permissions are sufficient. Months later -- even after contacting [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], Tendenci's CEO -- the issue remains unresolved. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for his part, seems to think that if he just sends us his professional bio and talks about some things he spent too much money on recently, we'll have sympathy for his poor beleaguered company and will tolerate these continuing issues. Now, to top it off, our website is completely offline for the fourth straight day, as the result of a Cyber Monday attack that is now well into Cyber Thursday. Tendenci proved unable to prevent this, but what's 1000x worse is that they're apparently 100% incapable of resolving it. This has been a huge embarrassment to our entire organization. Any nonprofit should have serious reservations about using Tendenci's services.

Response from Tendenci

Matthew - We've spoken in the past, and as the leader of the Tendenci community, ultimately the responsibility falls on me. I accept that. Yet hopefully you saw the disclosure by the former Director of the FBI which just came out 3 years later! https://www.eschipul.com/2017/06/the-fbi-confirms-ngos-and-associations-are-targets-of-russian-hackers/ Yes, I should have shut down our Windows version entirely before then given we switched to Linux in 2009. But who knew there were undisclosed exploits in Windows Servers being used by two of the world's super powers and not disclosed to Microsoft!? On a personal level, I know you took the heat internally as an IT analyst during the six day outage back in 2014. I acknowledge and regret it happened. Yet I do not, as hard as this is to say, I do not regret taking any site offline if I am not 100% sure it is secure. Working in SF and loving California, I appreciate the work that Build It Green does. I wish you the best.

Replied July 2017

July 2022

Anything you need for a secure success ."it's your choice"

Using Tendenci has been awesome ,since deployment it's simple to engage and make communication,I can send many emails to our members at once,and also we are able to customize with change of our business needs .

Pros

Tendenci is a very easy to use tool which have brought modalities and tremendous success mostly in the membership management the intuitive features also makes it easier to customize with our needs .

Cons

The general cost was very high expecially to our small company,but after deployment we have seen value for money.

Reasons for choosing Tendenci

The single most reason was the security features which are very effective in keeping the data safe also the ability to create the feedback forms where Clients are able to raise their conserns.

Julius

August 2022

I love everything about Tendenci.The real brilliant G.O.A.T for Membership Management.

Pros

The whole experience with Tendenci is remarkable since it has fully packaged features and easy to use compared to other apps of the same category.Ability to customize to fit any need of our business amaze everyone in our organization ,serve the purpose.The security features are of high level since the data is restricted only to authorised personnel.The integration with other app is smooth.

Cons

To be honest I have no any negative thing ,the journey is smooth.

Response from Tendenci

Thank You for your Support! Our mission is to Organize The Worlds People. Do Good.

Replied September 2022

Anne

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Membership Management Platform, Tendeci

Pros

Secure, the ability to restrict data to only authorised personel is brilliant, this protects data from being accessed by unauthorised personel keeping it safe and secure. Easy to create feedback survey forms to get opinions and feedback from clients. Customizable to out organizations needs comes in handy. Easy interface for every user to understand

Cons

No dislikes yet, love the software and my organization will use it for a long time

Response from Tendenci

We love that you leverage one of the most valuable features included in Tendenci! Our granular level permission settings which enable Tendenci website superusers to control what site users can add, change, delete, and view on your Tendenci website. Kudos!

Replied August 2022

Ivy

August 2022

A trailblazing,exceptional and fruitful Memberships Management tool.

This tool increases members engagement and communication.It's simple to register,schedule and manage events with Tendenci.

Pros

It's possible to manage our memberships with Tendenci.Again this tool makes administrative tasks simple.It's simple to renew memberships with this tool.It's a reliable tool for making and managing donations and also for payments processing.

Cons

I haven't encountered any bottlenecks when working with Tendenci as it suits best all our organization objectives.

Sophie

Efficient and Authentic Member Management Product, Tendeci

Pros

User friendly particularly the UI. Customizable to my organization needs. It’s very reliable to schedule and manage events. It comes in handy when processing payments quickly and accurately. Tendeci integrates well with emails hence making communication very easy between departments in our organization

Cons

It’s an awesome tool and I have nothing to dislike. My organization is hooked to the best, Tendeci

Veronica

August 2022

Very Intuitive Membership and Event Management Solution.

Perfect database management platform which enables easy collaboration, simple marketing system and effective financial management software.

Pros

The Application has reliable member database management functions and even the Accounting capability offered is excellent. Project payment processing and the financial and cash flow management system, with powerful Cloud functions and easy dashboard setting.

Cons

Flexible software and easy to start using, and the training is effective but the technical team can be more reliable.

Kelly

July 2022

A comprehensive and splendiferous tool for membership management.

It's a cost-effective membership management tool. It's suitable for donations management and fundraising needs.

Pros

I like how Tendenci enhance automatic membership renewal.It's possible to engage and communicate with members using Tendenci.Tendenci enhance great payments processing process.I like how this tool is well designed to meet the needs for associations and non-profit organizations.

Cons

Tendenci fulfills all my needs thus I lack anything to dislike.

Troy

Industry: Law Practice

Personalized Service

Pros

When setting up our firm's website we, obviously, wanted to stand out. We also wanted to communicate our core values and let those be the basis for setting us apart from other law firms. The personalized service that we received in developing the website was incredible. As a result, it has greatly improved how we communicate with new clients. Our core values shine through and immediately grab the attention of potential clients. Our website has become our "calling card."

Cons

If Tendenci could handle my accounting and billing, that would be awesome.

More personal service.

Reasons for switching to Tendenci

More personal and effective service.

Response from Tendenci

We are grateful for your review and support Troy Brooks! WE JUST WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT. AND WE WILL. Tendenci will always be here to support your needs. Be well.

Replied March 2022

Maxwell

July 2022

Efficient and reliable member management product

My time using Tendenci has been more than outstanding. The quality of services and experience that this product has offered has beyond any reasonable doubt magnificent. It has given me the ultimate platform to manage all membership information, ensure success of various events.

Pros

It provides an easy to use platform where one can access all information about each and every member. The security features are very effective in keeping data safe and restricting access to only authorized personel. The event management function makes it possible to ensure events success and allows easy tracking of tickets by buyers and tracking of sales by the sales team, and also to manage events by controlling the number of speakers for the events. It gives a clear location of where events are to be held for convenient transportation. It is easy to create feedback survey forms to collect opinions and feedbacks. It allows easy update of website content to keel everyone updated.

Cons

All Tendenci features seems to function quite well for me and so far i have not encountered anything to complain about.

Mariana

Tried it and stayed

Tendenci helped me improve my business. Whenever I encounter a difficulty, the Tendenci team responded promptly and effectively.

Pros

This software was offered to me as a trial 10+ years ago. The Tendenci team helped me with every step of the creation of a beautiful website for my business, including the technical aspects and esthetic design. Having a professional but cool website where my customers can send event inquires, sign in for the events and pay online in the same platform has made my daily operation much simpler.

Cons

It took me some time to to used to the mobil website. At the beginning I struggled to upload videos, however the Tendency team promptly instructed me. I am perfectly satisfied with this product

Reasons for switching to Tendenci

I was advised this software would provide features to make my wedding and event bookings more expedient.

Response from Tendenci

Mariana, We love what you do and love everything about Avant Garden of Houston. Thank you for the mutual support. As always, we are here to serve you and we look forward to your awesome events! Warm Regards, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team.

Jonti

More features and security than most enterprise software

My experience with Tendenci is that they are very security focused first as a company and as a software product. Being an open-source, community driven software, my clients are concerned with their presence on the web and protection of their resources. Being part of an open source community aligns with their values. Freedom is good. But they also trust in the history and focus of a community dedicated to a strong product. We host with Tendenci for security and features. Like other open source solutions, we like knowing that we CAN host ourselves if that is a better option. Our clients haven't needed to fork the software for their own use, because the features are there. Tendenci has greater functionality and newer technology that the competition. Many enterprise level solutions aren't available with the same bundled (it's in there) functionality. We too often see clients get beat up with maintenance of installing additional modules, features and making sure they are secure with proprietary software. WIth Tendenci, our client websites needs are met and safe. Disclosure: years ago I worked at Tendenci. I still recommend it to my clients if it is the right fit for their goals and we use it to power our own website.

Pros

The rich set of features and modules built into the software. From calendars, to galleries all the way to News publishing and newsletters. It helps build an organization right out of the box.

Cons

It could use a few more integrations with other software, but we have overcome some of that with IFTT technology.

Response from Tendenci

Thank you Jonti for continuing to be a part of the Tendenci community. We look forward to many more years of shared client successes with your firm!

Replied July 2017

Ashikuzz

March 2022

Helped in building website.

It has increased the beauty of website in every aspect. This has saved time in editing or updating the server data.

Pros

It assisted me with every stage in the process of creating a beautiful site for my company, including technological and artistic design. Having a professional yet fun website where my clients can email event inquiries, sign up for the event, and pay for them together on the same system has simplified my day-to-day operations.

Cons

I wish there was a way to connect to an email service provider and send events to them such as Gmail or Outlook. The cloud management could also be adjusted for better backup.

Reasons for choosing Tendenci

For greater number of support and good community help.

Response from Tendenci

We love that you love Tendenci and that this diamond of a software takes care of your association's needs! Tendenci is fully open source (FOSS) and 100% customizable. Our clients and community benefit from sending those 1000s of emails and leveraging Tendenci's Event Management and Donations Management. Our team enjoys receiving Events and Newsletters from our clients via email! The Luxembourg-American Chamber of Commerce in New York shares many events and we support them via social media platforms. Tendenci is 100% customizable and makes life easy with integrations! https://www.tendenci.com/works-with/ Please contact us for any questions and support. We appreciate your review. Be well. Keep track of every software version push at GITHUB https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Replied April 2022

Melinda

Worked with them to design and build new site and used it daily. Fantastic customer support!

Pros

Cons

The software is not intuitive. It isn't always easy to fix issues myself and I often have to email the team. Luckily, the team is incredibly responsive. I started the job with no knowledge of any kind of software and now have a pretty good understanding of formatting etc.

Response from Tendenci

Thank you Melinda! It has been rewarding to work with you and your team over the years. AA Singapore is definitely a 'heavy-hitter' when it comes to product utilization. Happy to know we are able to meet the needs of your organization. Thanks for being part of the global Tendenci community!

Replied August 2017

Industry: Printing

Top of the line AMS

I've been a Tendenci user for nearly 15 years. Highly recommend.

Pros

I looked at several other similar products. Nothing compared to the features, functionality, ease of use, and customer support.

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least. This is filling the 40 character minimum

Reasons for choosing Tendenci

best array of features for the cost

Reasons for switching to Tendenci

It's a great solution for my business.

Response from Tendenci

John Sturtevant, Thank You so much for your support, we truly appreciate you! We love that Tendenci is the great software solution for your business. This is the result of listening to You - the community of non-profits and associations. Best Wishes, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team

Fern

Event Portal

We love tendenci. It's easy to use and their support team is always helpful.

Pros

We love the event portal. We do so many events and the event portal is easy to add, edit, etc. Super user friendly and you can even have private events with a shareable link if you don't want to have a public events. Super helpful for us.

Cons

I wish there was an integration to an email service provider where we can push over events to.

Response from Tendenci

Thank You Fern for your support and we love that Tendenci's Events Management meets your needs. Kudos! Our Mission is to Organize and Connect the Worlds People. Do Good.

Replied July 2021

Ann C

Trusted and approachable,

See above.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive. See below. Respect team because I know they will keep me up to date technologically.

Cons

I have been a Tendenci client for almost 20 years. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are great; the software takes care of my needs." Everything works. The Tendenci team is trustworthy, approachable, up-to-date technologically and constantly improves its offering.

Reasons for switching to Tendenci

To a much better service provider.

Response from Tendenci

Ann Iverson, Thank You very much for your support and yes, we are always here for you! #sensitivecontenthidden :) One of the most valuable features included in Tendenci are the granular level permission settings that enable Tendenci website superusers to control what site users can add, change, delete, and view on your Tendenci website. In fact, Tendenci has over 500 different permissions settings to provide this level of access control. Again, thank you for trusting Tendenci software and for being our long-term client. Be well. Best, Team Tendenci

Wayne

July 2022

Tendenci:My user experience with the best Open Source AMS software.

Pros

Edit text feature that is WYSIWYG editor which is great. Easy to upload and organize photos and files. Have ability to create online test and track hours credited per member account which help in reporting purposes. Less money with more features compared to its competitor. Makes event management process fun and a breeze.

Cons

The functionality is well organized and easy to use ,everything is excellent.

Response from Tendenci

Thank you for your support. Stay in the know with our software updates on GitHub - https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci

Replied July 2022

Ayşenur Develioğlu

April 2022

Extensive third party integrations

Pros

Best part of Tendenci is it supports a rich variety of third party integration options.

Cons

So far my experience with Tendenci is quite fine, I can't find any negative aspects to mention here.

Dwayne

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

May 2022

Avdance membership management

Pros

Tendenci makes it quite straightforward to manage the memberships of an organization.

Cons

Tendenci has an excellent structure, everything is so far pretty fine. I will not have any complaints here.

Response from Tendenci

Thank You! Tendenci's current data model is capable of a taxonomy to document and organize the entire roman empire. All of it.

Replied May 2022

Analisa

Tendenci has been great to work with as a nonprofit learning how to take the reins on a website!

Pros

Tendenci makes the software easy to use and the customer service is always top notch! I always know if I am having issues figuring something out they will assist and guide me through the process.

Cons

Sometimes it is not as flexible as I would like but the team is always ready and willing to make adjustments as needed.

Response from Tendenci

Thanks Analisa! We love being the technology partner for great organizations like DePelchin. Thank you for being a part of the global Tendenci family!

Replied July 2018

Francis

All In One Software, Tendeci

Pros

Customer support is first class. Well suited for non-profit organizations especially for fund raising process. Processing payments is accurate and easy. The interface is clean and easy for all users

Cons

I have no negative thing noted in the past 2 years of using Tendeci. It delivers

Response from Tendenci

Thank You for your Support! Our mission is to Organize the Worlds People. Do Good.

Replied September 2022

Tecla

July 2022

A perfect and effective tool for membership a s association management.

Tendenci makes donation management process easy. It's well suited for fund-raising process.

Pros

Tendenci helps to cater the needs for non-profits organizations.It's s reliable tool that enables me to schedule and manage events efficiently.I also use this to process payments quickly with ease.It's also easy to renew and manage our membership with Tendenci.

Cons

Tendenci users interface is clunky/old-fashioned and I would like to see more updates with an intuitive and user-friendly UI.

Response from Tendenci

Hi there, Tendenci users interface is not clunky/old-fashioned. Please stay updated with our software updates here: https://github.com/tendenci/tendenci Contact us if you have any questions at 281-497-6567 Regards, Shirley

Replied July 2022