Browse Tendenci Reviews

John from Sturtevant

Industry: Printing

Top of the line AMS

I've been a Tendenci user for nearly 15 years. Highly recommend.

Pros

I looked at several other similar products. Nothing compared to the features, functionality, ease of use, and customer support.

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least. This is filling the 40 character minimum

Reasons for Choosing Tendenci

best array of features for the cost

Reasons for Switching to Tendenci

It's a great solution for my business.

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

John Sturtevant, Thank You so much for your support, we truly appreciate you! We love that Tendenci is the great software solution for your business. This is the result of listening to You - the community of non-profits and associations. Best Wishes, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team

Troy from The Brooks Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Personalized Service

Pros

When setting up our firm's website we, obviously, wanted to stand out. We also wanted to communicate our core values and let those be the basis for setting us apart from other law firms. The personalized service that we received in developing the website was incredible. As a result, it has greatly improved how we communicate with new clients. Our core values shine through and immediately grab the attention of potential clients. Our website has become our "calling card."

Cons

If Tendenci could handle my accounting and billing, that would be awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Tendenci

More personal service.

Reasons for Switching to Tendenci

More personal and effective service.

December 2014

Matthew from Build It Green

December 2014

Don't use Tendenci

We have been Tendenci customers for several years. The platform was always a struggle to use and customize, but in recent months, they have really reached a new low in terms of the service we're getting. Some time ago, Tendenci promised our nonprofit direct access to their database for third-party login validation for a portal we set up for our constituents. Then one day, without warning, our login integration stops working. It takes over a week to get any kind of explanation -- then they tell us they switched hosting providers. They tell us we can't access the database directly anymore, but if we set up a SQL Server database on our own, they can send nightly updates to our own hosted server. So we say "fine", and they send us the data, but the problem is, they don't set up scheduling correctly and our data never gets updated after that. We find this out not from them, but from users of our third-party application who can't log in weeks after resetting their passwords. Lots of back and forth ensues. We're passed around from one person to the next. Nobody at Tendenci can seem to figure out how to correctly set up nightly updates from one MSSQL Server database to another -- even the Director of Technology. They give us one excuse after another. When they can't make it work, they blame it on the permissions we provided them to our server, even though we demonstrate to them time and again that their permissions are sufficient. Months later -- even after contacting [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], Tendenci's CEO -- the issue remains unresolved. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], for his part, seems to think that if he just sends us his professional bio and talks about some things he spent too much money on recently, we'll have sympathy for his poor beleaguered company and will tolerate these continuing issues. Now, to top it off, our website is completely offline for the fourth straight day, as the result of a Cyber Monday attack that is now well into Cyber Thursday. Tendenci proved unable to prevent this, but what's 1000x worse is that they're apparently 100% incapable of resolving it. This has been a huge embarrassment to our entire organization. Any nonprofit should have serious reservations about using Tendenci's services.

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2017

Matthew - We've spoken in the past, and as the leader of the Tendenci community, ultimately the responsibility falls on me. I accept that. Yet hopefully you saw the disclosure by the former Director of the FBI which just came out 3 years later! https://www.eschipul.com/2017/06/the-fbi-confirms-ngos-and-associations-are-targets-of-russian-hackers/ Yes, I should have shut down our Windows version entirely before then given we switched to Linux in 2009. But who knew there were undisclosed exploits in Windows Servers being used by two of the world's super powers and not disclosed to Microsoft!? On a personal level, I know you took the heat internally as an IT analyst during the six day outage back in 2014. I acknowledge and regret it happened. Yet I do not, as hard as this is to say, I do not regret taking any site offline if I am not 100% sure it is secure. Working in SF and loving California, I appreciate the work that Build It Green does. I wish you the best.

Mariana from AvantGarden

Tried it and stayed

Tendenci helped me improve my business. Whenever I encounter a difficulty, the Tendenci team responded promptly and effectively.

Pros

This software was offered to me as a trial 10+ years ago. The Tendenci team helped me with every step of the creation of a beautiful website for my business, including the technical aspects and esthetic design. Having a professional but cool website where my customers can send event inquires, sign in for the events and pay online in the same platform has made my daily operation much simpler.

Cons

It took me some time to to used to the mobil website. At the beginning I struggled to upload videos, however the Tendency team promptly instructed me. I am perfectly satisfied with this product

Reasons for Switching to Tendenci

I was advised this software would provide features to make my wedding and event bookings more expedient.

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

Mariana, We love what you do and love everything about Avant Garden of Houston. Thank you for the mutual support. As always, we are here to serve you and we look forward to your awesome events! Warm Regards, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team.

Jonti from White Hat Ops

More features and security than most enterprise software

My experience with Tendenci is that they are very security focused first as a company and as a software product. Being an open-source, community driven software, my clients are concerned with their presence on the web and protection of their resources. Being part of an open source community aligns with their values. Freedom is good. But they also trust in the history and focus of a community dedicated to a strong product. We host with Tendenci for security and features. Like other open source solutions, we like knowing that we CAN host ourselves if that is a better option. Our clients haven't needed to fork the software for their own use, because the features are there. Tendenci has greater functionality and newer technology that the competition. Many enterprise level solutions aren't available with the same bundled (it's in there) functionality. We too often see clients get beat up with maintenance of installing additional modules, features and making sure they are secure with proprietary software. WIth Tendenci, our client websites needs are met and safe. Disclosure: years ago I worked at Tendenci. I still recommend it to my clients if it is the right fit for their goals and we use it to power our own website.

Pros

The rich set of features and modules built into the software. From calendars, to galleries all the way to News publishing and newsletters. It helps build an organization right out of the box.

Cons

It could use a few more integrations with other software, but we have overcome some of that with IFTT technology.

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2017

Thank you Jonti for continuing to be a part of the Tendenci community. We look forward to many more years of shared client successes with your firm!

Melinda from American Association of Singapore

Worked with them to design and build new site and used it daily. Fantastic customer support!

Pros

Functionality ... can do most anything our business needed for less money than similar competitors out there. And the customer support is second to none.

Cons

The software is not intuitive. It isn't always easy to fix issues myself and I often have to email the team. Luckily, the team is incredibly responsive. I started the job with no knowledge of any kind of software and now have a pretty good understanding of formatting etc.

Response from Tendenci

Replied August 2017

Thank you Melinda! It has been rewarding to work with you and your team over the years. AA Singapore is definitely a 'heavy-hitter' when it comes to product utilization. Happy to know we are able to meet the needs of your organization. Thanks for being part of the global Tendenci community!

Fern from Brennan's of Houston

Event Portal

We love tendenci. It's easy to use and their support team is always helpful.

Pros

We love the event portal. We do so many events and the event portal is easy to add, edit, etc. Super user friendly and you can even have private events with a shareable link if you don't want to have a public events. Super helpful for us.

Cons

I wish there was an integration to an email service provider where we can push over events to.

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2021

Thank You Fern for your support and we love that Tendenci's Events Management meets your needs. Kudos! Our Mission is to Organize and Connect the Worlds People. Do Good.

Ann C from Creating Selling Opportunities

Trusted and approachable,

See above.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive. See below. Respect team because I know they will keep me up to date technologically.

Cons

I have been a Tendenci client for almost 20 years. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are great; the software takes care of my needs." Everything works. The Tendenci team is trustworthy, approachable, up-to-date technologically and constantly improves its offering.

Reasons for Switching to Tendenci

To a much better service provider.

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

Ann Iverson, Thank You very much for your support and yes, we are always here for you! #sensitivecontenthidden :) One of the most valuable features included in Tendenci are the granular level permission settings that enable Tendenci website superusers to control what site users can add, change, delete, and view on your Tendenci website. In fact, Tendenci has over 500 different permissions settings to provide this level of access control. Again, thank you for trusting Tendenci software and for being our long-term client. Be well. Best, Team Tendenci

Jerry from HARRIS LEASING COMPANY

TENDENCI RUNS OUR SYSTEM FLAWLESLY

Excellent tech support for a reasonable price.

Pros

Ease of obtaining customer information. As a financial services company complete information is required.

Cons

There have not been any problems to complain about.

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

Jerry Harris, Thank You so much for your support and awesome review. We truly appreciate you. Much love, Team Tendenci

Janet from Luxembourg American Chamber of Commerce

Helpful, patient, knowledgeable support team

Pros

The software meets the needs of our organization.

Cons

Sometimes the features don't seem intuitive - but that could user error!

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2021

Thank You Ms. Janet for your support. Our mission is to Connect and Organize the Worlds People. Do Good.

Analisa from DePelchin Children' s Center

Tendenci has been great to work with as a nonprofit learning how to take the reins on a website!

Pros

Tendenci makes the software easy to use and the customer service is always top notch! I always know if I am having issues figuring something out they will assist and guide me through the process.

Cons

Sometimes it is not as flexible as I would like but the team is always ready and willing to make adjustments as needed.

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2018

Thanks Analisa! We love being the technology partner for great organizations like DePelchin. Thank you for being a part of the global Tendenci family!

Philip from Industry Steering Committee on Wellbore Survey Accuracy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Tendenci ISCWSA Support

Fantastic hands on support from the first meetings to ongoing development of our ISCWSA website.

Pros

Hands on real people support network of experts.

Cons

Complex data management and editing functionality for non experts

Reasons for Switching to Tendenci

Lack of hands on ,real people support.

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2021

Thank You Philip for your support, means a lot. Our Mission is to Connect and Organize the Worlds People. Do Good.

November 2014

Daniel from DPK Public Relations

November 2014

I have used Tendenci for more than 13 years

Pros

The software has uncommon capabilities to assist with the operation of associations and other nonprofit organizations, such as online events management and promotion, membership management, donation management, online directories, and job boards, among others. I also use it to power the website for my small business and have a number of client websites that are powered by Tendenci. We get quick response to service requests as well.

Cons

They are constantly improving the software and have a lot of things that can distract from a laser focus.

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

Daniel Keeny, Thank You for everything you have done and continue to do for Tendenci and Schipul. We truly appreciate you and have a lot of love for you. Warm Regards, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team

Jennifer from DBSA Greater Houston

Recommended for Companies with little IT expertise on staff.

We have been using Tendenci for about 6 years and it has really benefited our business. As a smaller non-profit we do not have the budget to have full time IT coders on staff to maintain a website in html code. Tendenci is very user friendly and we have been able to train our staff of clinicians, communication majors, and admins to easily utilize the platform. Since we provide 80 plus support groups in the community, we need the ability to quickly update our website if there are closures due to weather. The ability to update our website often also helps us rank higher in the search engines since we have new content. We would recommend this platform.

Response from Tendenci

Replied August 2017

Thank you Jennifer! We are pleased that Tendenci has provided the platform you need to serve your community. An easy-to-use CMS is vital to keeping content fresh and relevant. Thanks for being part of the Tendenci community!

January 2014

Daniel from DPK Public Relations

January 2014

We've used it for more than a decade

I first used Tendenci while I was an officer of a local chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. It was easy to add and edit content and made managing and promoting events very simple with our own online registration that saved the chapter from paying a third party service such as cvent. The easy to use online job board, which enables employers to immediately post jobs and pay online without any administrative support, also generated revenue for the chapter. Over the years, I have encouraged more than a dozen clients to migrate to Tendenci. In fact, I like it so much, Tendenci powers my PR firm's website as well!

Response from Tendenci

Replied July 2017

Thank you for being a great client for so many years. And we look forward to serving your agency and clients for many years to come. A particular thank you for believing in our vision of going open source and creating an alternative for people to consider when they upgrade to an enterprise scale AMS!

Kypros from The Cyprus Whisky Association

Does the job very well

Pros

It's Open Source, thus free, it probalby has most of the functionality that someone will need and it's easy to use.

Cons

BEing an Open Source software it has limited support. It's not as popular as WOrdPress so we don't have the mass of developers that could answer very specific questions on forums

Response from Tendenci

Replied June 2021

Kypros, Thank You for your support and for being part of the Open Source Community. Remember, we are always here for you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach our support team https://www.tendenci.com/support/. Much love, Team Tendenci & Schipul Team

Fernando from Winner Media

A good option

In general it is a good option to manage all the data clients and be prepare for good traffic in your website.

Pros

It is easy to use, you can add eventos and manage all the clients for your business or program.

Cons

Maybe the interface get some troubles with the server that is some they can make better.