What are Volgistics users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Volgistics software through verified user reviews

• icon"Some of the things we love about Volgistics is the ability to create our own look and feel in the management system and a linked application to the system."
  • icon"I loved how customizable volgitics was when I was using this software. I could have multiple volunteer assignments open at the same time."
  • icon"This software is great for companies or organizations that have to manage a large number of volunteers. You can track and keep statistics on a wide variety of things."
  • icon"Sometimes it can be confusing to make a change in the setup of what volunteers see or how things function."
  • icon"Initial set-up can be a little overwhelming and intimidating, but only because there are so many features and options."

Browse all Volgistics Reviews

• Have you used Volgistics and would like to share your experience with others?

Avonte

Simply the best!

Pros

I use Volgistics on a daily basis to manage our database of 300+ volunteers. It is the simplest yet most comprehensive volunteer management system that I have used...and I do have direct experience with other systems. Volunteer processing, report generation and database management are very straightforward. On the rare occasion that we need help, the support team is incredibly responsive. Our volunteers love it also. From online applications to self-scheduling, our volunteers have universally given very positive feedback. Volgistics is one of my most important productivity tools. It is great.

Cons

Although there isn't an app, the mobile site works for self-scheduling. To my knowledge, there isn't a mobile site for the "back end" which is what I use primarily. That would be helpful for times that I need to use the system while on the go.

Alhassan

a comprehensive full circle solution for projects that depend on volunteer participation

We first used Volgistics when we were setting up a community outreach program and didn't have enough resources to engage field agents full time. Volgistics came highly recommended by an intern who was helping roll out the project and we gave it a try. The volunteer database we generated from the application process on that first project is what we have kept recycling for the past 4 years. Volgistics is absolutely awesome and reduces the workload of team leaders so much that our outreach programs always seem like a picnic.

Pros

The integrated data and information management processes are very intuitive and require very little manual control and guidance. Everything automatically moves where they might be required to successfully manage a task. Component features like the self service portal, volunteer kiosk and VicTouch work extremely well together to reduce the burden on project managers as much as possible. The trial event runs are also quite fun to simulate and does so much for team morale.

Cons

The long list of features can be a bit difficult to learn and incorporate into daily use. A lot more online resources and tutorial materials could be created to make the learning curve less tasking.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

Our intern who suggested it was very persuasive...haha..... and we haven't had much regret since.

Charles

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

June 2022

Product Support

Very happy with the product and support.

Pros

In using the old PC based Volunteer Works and then Volgistics for 20+ years I have found that Volgistics support is outstanding. Fast response to questions and they listen to suggestions for improvements and features and respond when implemented.

Cons

I can't think of any issues that have not been resolved and currently we have not asked for any new functions.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

It happen over 20 years ago - I can't remember what other products were reviewed.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review Charles! It's great to know you've been using our software for so long!

Replied June 2022

Karen

This system is not user friendly, we genuinely gave this system a chance, it failed. Waist of time.

Pros

The price point worked well for our organization. It has capacity to store a large number of volunteers.

Cons

Navigation is not smooth with the examples of location of save buttons, navigating back and forth between pages, the search feature is very specific and awkward, inserting graphics within emails is cumbersome, there is no live chat in order to troubleshoot, customer has to email back and forth to customer service which takes a long time, system logs you out automatically without saving so if you have to walk away from the computer to take an extended call, you will lose your work. If you don't enable pop-up windows on your computer, the system will act like you are still logged in so you THINK you are completing a task when in fact you are not. When voicing disappointment with the service, I was passively reminded that there is no extra charge to ask questions, this is not something Volgistics should be hanging their hat on, a paying customer should be able to ask questions on how to use a system they're paying for. The 3 times I did use that feature, they were "unable to help" me. After losing a significant amount of work, customer service did not offer any compensation and were quick to let me know how to close out my account. The lack of user friendliness takes up a significant amount that for organizations that uses volunteers in order to operate most likely do not have.

Felix

June 2022

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Schedules are easy to see and set up. Tagging has been extremely helpful in organization.

Cons

I wish there was a back button. It would really help for when I'm assigning volunteers to specific assignments.

Karen

Industry: Museums and Institutions

February 2022

Volgistics is My Connection to Volunteers and Staff

It has been wonderful. They are so responsive to questions and sharing upgrades. I am a part of a Volunteer Coordinators group in my county, and almost all of our organizations use Volgistics. Our county government even got it for their volunteer corps because of the positive experiences the rest of us have had. I wouldn't want to use any other volunteer software!!!!!

Pros

It is intuitive and user-friendly. I was able to navigate and explore when I started this job, and have found so many uses that have streamlined my job and provided other staff with helpful information/features that they can use as well. When I am asked for volunteer data for grants and other projects, I am able to quickly provide it, which I know is appreciated by our Garden team.

Cons

Switching volunteers from active to inactive in assignments has sometimes been problematic because it seems we lose the data for future reports. It may be that I'm going about it the wrong way; it's something I'm working on.

Hillary

Volgistics Volunteer Management Review

Pros

The feature I enjoyed the most was the ability to print mailing labels. The current system we use does not have that capability, which makes sending out invitations to our large volunteer pool much more difficult.

Cons

I felt like when I was using Volgistics that the software was outdated and not user-friendly in most areas. The overall visual look of the software looked outdated as well. I felt like software was not intuitive and there were ways to accomplish things that I didn't even know how to do because I couldn't figure it out and there was not a support team to e-mail, like we have with the current company we use. Overall, Volgistics needs an update and better customer service support.

Ashley

Best Volunteer Management system that I have found

I was happy with Volgistics and the options available

Pros

The product was intuitive and had many features

Cons

It could be difficult to find/create the report for the information that you needed. I did not like that the year drop down box give every year between 2010-2050 . . . I requested that it be limited to our current year and prior, but they could not change that.

Volunteer Tracking and Trending

Great support team. Easy to work, and if you ever doubt your choice, there is a support team available at your finger tips.

Pros

Features and ease of use. It gives us everything we need to track our volunteers

Cons

None! Volgistics was a PERFECT fit for what we were looking for. Our hospital is part of a system, and other hospitals within our system are utilizing the same program!

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

We went through the demo, liked what we saw.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review Janet! We're glad that Volgistics is working for you.

Replied November 2020

Lori

TROT is very pleased with Volgistics Support of our Staff

Prior to Volgistics all our staff and assignment scheduling was done in excel. We have more than doubled our assignments and volunteers this past year. I can't imagine how I managed to do all of this prior to Volgistics. It's been a real benefit to my time management.

Pros

User friendly platform with lots of goodies, but by far my favorite is the nearly instantaneous response of the support staff with good solid answers and directions

Cons

Would like to be able to sort all the columns in multiple ways

Jared

I have used Volgistics at over 6 different agencies (private nonprofit and governmental).

Volgistics has helped me build lasting volunteer programs across the country over the last 10+ years.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most. Within moments of opening the app, you can navigate to wherever you need to be.

Cons

Volgistics has been a little slow at keeping up with mobile technology, but seems to have a good eye on the future at this point. I would have liked to see mobile volunteer check in a few years ago.

Response from Volgistics

Wow Jared! Thank you for your review, and your continued confidence in what Volgistics can do for the different organizations you work with!

Replied May 2018

Jerry

Flexibility, documentation and support

Prior to Volgistics, tracking volunteer hours, lists, etc. was via spreadsheets - many different spreadsheets that had not been updated. Keeping records of Volunteer hours was a month-long process. Requested reports were often inaccurate and incomplete. At this point in our implementation, all Volunteer Records have been entered into the system and Volunteer hours are entered manually into the system by this office. Monthly reports that took a month to generate now take minutes. The Director of the Volunteer Program and I are currently re-evaluating the choices made in configuring the software to increase usability and flexibility. I am impressed with how flexible the system is and how easily it is modified.

Pros

User Support is outstanding. My eMail questions have always been answered within an hour of submission and their responses are concise, clearly understood and respectful.

Cons

I have been working with our Volgistics program for 6 ½ to 7 months. The software has been in use for less than a year and is not yet opened up for end-user use. This is to explain that as I work with the software, I have some difficulty maneuvering through the Tutorials mainly because of my familiarity with semantics and titles or language used with Volgistics. As I become familiar with the 'language' of Volgistics, it's becoming clear and finding my way through the Help Topics is becoming easier AND extremely helpful.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

I was not on the selection team. I am a Volunteer with a background in system implementation for Healthcare systems. I worked in hospital IT supporting all aspects of hospital healthcare. This was a good fit for Volunteering in retirement.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgsitics has been able to speed up reporting, and that we can help you out as you learn the software!

Replied June 2020

Vickie

Volunteer Program Comes Alive with Volgistics

We launched Volgistics August 2014, after taking advantage of the free trial period to experiment with the system. We are very satisfied with the results. As we've become more familiar with the software, we use more of the features. Before we purchased Volgistics as our management tool, we didn't have an integrated system to handle all the county departments that use volunteers. That's all changed. Volgistics brought us into the 21st century. For the first time, we know who all the volunteers are, where they volunteer , what they do, when and for how long. The robust reporting features provide the data we need to manage the program and share the stories about the valuable contributions volunteers make in our community. In June 2015, I took advantage of another offer Volgistics made available and that was to start an administrators users group to share experiences and learn from one another. The group continues to meet monthly and everyone leaves the learning session energized with their newly obtained skills. We use VicNet, VicTouch, and the Docs features. We just launched the text messaging option and look forward to the opportunity that will bring to improve communication. And lastly, Volgistics has a great support team.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting, communication features and continuous upgrades, reasonable cost

Cons

I wish there were more features regarding coordinators. For example, as an administrator I'd like to view coordinator information much like we do volunteers using Set-up, Other options, Volunteer list especially dates entered, last VicNet access, last activity.

Janet

Volgistics is a powerful tool! It's a great product! I heartily recommend it!

Pros

o It can handle just about any kind of business/organization requirments. o It can produce just about any kind of report you need, using either the (unmodified) stock reports or stock reports you can modify to your own requirements. o The online help topics (both written and videos) are EXCELLENT! o The email help (writing to a real person) is fast, knowledgeable, and helpful. o You can use as many or as few of the options as you want. The more you use, the better able you will be to generate information quickly by searches or reports.

Cons

I have to preface this by saying that this is NOT A FLAW in the app. It is advice for best implementing a powerful and incredibly useful tool. Volgistics can do so much, it is so powerful, that for individuals not familiar with databases or how to use (and tweak) them, or implement them, it might be difficult to know where to start or which of the many options to use. For a small organization that barely has the time or staff to do its regular work, this might be a show-stopper. Organizations MUST ALLOW TIME for someone to set the product up correctly. If they do, this product will make their work so much easier and effective. This is what happened in the organization I'm working with. I'm a volunteer now, but have extensive background in databases from my corporate days. The organization is so small that the person assigned to implement Volgistics simply didn't have the time to work on it because of her existing workload. I stepped in and became the Volgistics/VicNet guru. I was able to do the homework and then show her how to use it. That worked well and kept the implementation moving forward. Otherwise, it might not have happened. If you make the commitment to use Volgistics, make the commitment to have the time available to implement it.

Response from Volgistics

Wow, thank you for the review! We're so glad that you've made the time investment for Volgistics to work well for you, and that we're able to help you accomplish your mission.

Replied December 2018

Kiki

Industry: Veterinary

Great Customer Service and Ease for Volunteer Tracking

Volgistics is an efficient program that enables me to schedule, contact, and track volunteer services in an easy way. The Volgistics assistance/ help desk is beyond incredible. We are so thankful for the professionalism, and kindness they showed us during the COVID pandemic.

Pros

Volgistics enables Pelican Harbor Seabird Station to track the volunteer service hours in a fast, efficient, and easy way. We are able to run reports by the various parameter, service by volunteer, type of service, requirements filled by volunteers. Volgistics is also easy for the volunteers to input their service hours. I love that there are many videos and tutorials to help the user become more efficient. I have used this program at two nonprofits and though we got offered a free volunteer program we would not switch.

Cons

I wish the email had more features to add a colorful background "make it look pretty", embed pictures directly into the email.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

I had used Vologistics at my other job and knew how to use it- though there is so much to learn still.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics is such a good fit for you!

Replied June 2020

Helen

Volgistics - Just do it

Very good - what makes this volunteer management system really work is the customer service representatives and their willingness to answer questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

Pros

The number of features that it has that allows my volunteers to self-schedule and print their own reports. The reports help with in-house data analysis for grant reporting requirements and administrative support. It cut down on the time I spent with volunteers by about 85 - 90%. During busy times of the year I could spend all day talking to volunteers, answering the same questions. Now I spend SIGNIFICANTLY less time doing that and can spend more time thanking our volunteers for their time and doing the other responsibilities of my job assignment. I like the comprehensiveness of the library.

Cons

Initially it was more cumbersome to set up than I expected. I am not a computer scientist so there was a bit of a learning curve. The customer service is AMAZING though, so it made it much easier. I usually hear back from folks in 5 minutes of sending an email with a quick solution to my problem.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

It appear most user-friendly and good value.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help make your job easier.

Replied February 2020

Ellen

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Robust software for volunteer scheduling

Easy scheduling, instant response from customer support, good reporting, amazingly complete volunteer database with so many ways to enter data.

Pros

The volunteer interface with the software is so easy to use. A 10 minute demonstration and 98% of our volunteers are off and running. The support could not be better, within minutes you have an answer to your question, and if you don't look at it promptly, you receive an email saying it is there. Once you find your way around the reports, the reporting is very good. Schedule reminders are sent to all volunteers reminding them of their assignments which is awesome.

Cons

We run a neighbor to neighbor village and we would have liked a donor and member database. We have found a work-a-round for the members, although it means more data entry on our part. The reports are not always intuitive and it takes a while to get the data you want to see in the report.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics is a good fit for you, and we appreciate your feedback on the reporting features.

Replied December 2017

Joe

Best Volunteer Management Software

I have used this program at the last 3 non profits I have come into. I believe in the program because of all the benefits it offers. It truly helps maintain records, save time and is the best tool any volunteer manager can ask for!

Pros

This is the best software. They are low cost, offer great benefits and the programs does so much! I travel the country fixing volunteer programs, and have brought the volgistics program to the last 3 non profits who still use the software to this day. It tracks hours, checklists and trainings, allows for text alerts, builds schedules and much much much much (not a type) more. The program does so much to help volunteer departments fill the need of the organization. It truly is the Cadillac of volunteer programs and will do you great service.

Cons

To be honest, there truly are no cons to the program. You will LOVE Volgistics! It is an amazing program.

worth 10x what you pay for it!

I save so much time! with volunteers self scheduling, signing in and out... and the cost, it's got the features of most top of the line programs with the price that is VERY affordable. you can even customize it to your organization to not pay for things you do not use!

Pros

absolute time saver. with over 800 volunteers signing in and out every month, this has DRASTICALLY cut down the amount of time spent tracking hours, scheduling, gathering information, and communicating with volunteers.

Cons

The reporting piece is really solid for the most part, however there are some things I wish it had capacities for that are just odd. Like wanting to see who "typically" comes in on Friday afternoons from 2-5pm. The process to find that type of info is a bit clunky, but again, isn't really something you need to find often, so it's not that big of a con.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can make your work load a little lighter!

Replied December 2017

Catherine

Industry: Environmental Services

The Volgistics Team

Volgistics helps me greatly to keep track of how many hours each of my volunteers have served and in what role they served them. I can easily look up their information for their phone numbers or email addresses and check the details of their volunteer interests and past work.

Pros

Volgistics is absolutely wonderful in creating a easy to understand form for new volunteers that we can incorporate directly into our website. Through that I can see all of the information I need about a volunteer and help keep track of their progress as they continue to volunteer.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing to make a change in the setup of what volunteers see or how things function. Whenever that has happened I just send a quick email to the Volgistics team and it's always answered within the hour (Less than 5 minutes sometimes!)

Response from Volgistics

Thanks for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help keep your volunteer data organized!

Replied November 2018

Volunteering at its best!

Overall we have been able to run our program more efficiently and with a better management system. We will continue to use and promote Volgistics to everyone that has a need!

Pros

Volgistics has been a great tool we use here at Pathways and I have personally used Volgistics at my previous organization. Some of the things we love about Volgistics is the ability to create our own look and feel in the management system and a linked application to the system. This tool has been a life saver for grants and volunteer hour tracking.

Cons

There has not been anything that I can say has been a con using Volgistics. We are 80% ran by volunteers and all our meals are donated by restaurants, being able to track all the volunteers and partners with our organization has been wonderful!!

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review, James! We're glad that Volgistics is able to make your job a little bit easier.

Replied August 2019

Shandran

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great Customer Service

We are able to run a myriad of reports with relative ease. It's easy to extract data from this database. Tech support and customer service is top rate!

Pros

Volgistics is easy to use, and to understand. The tech support is super efficient and genuinely helpful. Often, I receive step by step instructions to perform a task, if I've been unable to find it in the Help Topics.

Cons

Might be nice to have a tie in with background checks.

Reasons for choosing Volgistics

It was made by the same company as previous database.

Reasons for switching to Volgistics

Wanted online capability, and VolunteerWorks was going to be phased out.

Response from Volgistics

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics has been able to make your job easier. As for background checks, we partnered with Verified First last year, you can learn more at https://www.volgistics.com/background-screening.htm

Replied May 2020

July 2016

Love, love, love Volgistics

Volgistics is fantastic for organizing my volunteer department. The scheduling feature alone is worth the price. Volunteers can actually schedule themselves so that I don't have to manage it. Configuring was easy, using it is pretty intuitive, and the email customer support is fabulous. No 800 number to call but I find they respond very quickly to emails.

Pros

The scheduling and timekeeping features. It's easy for volunteers to access the system. They have very little trouble except for the usual forgetting their passwords. But they can reset them. The only problems I have are with the older volunteers who just can't seem to grasp computers.

Cons

The reporting feature could use work. Since I don't understand the configuration of the database it is sometimes difficult to figure out which report I need to run. It has taken a lot of my time and sometimes the numbers don't make sense. They need to work on this feature.

Kate

Time used: Free Trial

January 2014

I love this software and have used it with several organizations!

In 2011 I was responsible for recruiting and managing 500 volunteers for a conference in our city. I researched volunteer software options and did tutorials of various ones. Volgisitics was the best by far. I had worked in the volunteer field for many years prior and had used different tools, so knew some of my frustrations with other tools. I have now used Volgisitics for 3 large events (up to 600 volunteers and 1200 volunteer shifts over one week) and currently for a smaller nonprofit that has an on-going volunteer program. I love it every time I use it and recommend it to everyone I speak with. The best thing is that the software is rock solid -- no glitches, shutdowns, weird loss of data, etc. Also, there are options for everything... so no matter what kind of program you have or special circumstances you have you can turn on or off features to customize it as needed. The "help" center is awesome! 9 times out of 10 when I email them I hear back within an hour. Even on a Saturday! The answers are thorough and very helpful. The other day I heard back within 15 min. I use the help center when I have a special circumstance and want to think through my best options. Volunteers who use it (via VicNet) love the ease of the system. They let me know and ask if they can have the name of it to share with other organizations they volunteer with who have a system less easy to use. I love the reporting feature. Often times software like this limits the reports you can get, which is frustrating and not helpful. Volgisitics offers very customizeble and useful reports. It does take some time to learn, but once you know it and use it regularly, you will cruise through it. I think it takes time because there are so many options. It does take some time to learn the system since it is robust. But once you learn it, you will cruise on through! I highly recommend it.

Alison

Great for Volunteer Management

I have not interacted with Volgistics Volunteer Management. The billing is automated monthly, and easy to manage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of this software to manage my volunteers schedules. I can assign them to various roles once they have completed training and then they are able log-in and sign themselves up for their desired shifts. It makes my job a lot easier that they can schedule themselves.

Cons

The software doesn't allow for much customization, and on the administrator end there is a bit of a learning curve to understand the terminology, and how to set everything up.

Volgistics