• Pros

• "We enjoyed the general usage of a volunteer management system and the basic functions it allowed our office to utilize. "

• "Just about everything you need to do with volunteers is within this software program."

• "Its relatively simple to use, but has not changed in 10+ years"

• Cons

• "Very minimal really - it would be nice if email subject lines allowed more characters. Sometimes you need to get creative about how to get the message across."

• "Wording and navigation is not very intuitive initially. A little bit more of a learning curve than a lot of other data base systems I've used. "

• "Being a non-profit, it would be nice if there was an option for free or discounted cost for use of this software. There isn't that option, that I'm aware of. "

Browse Volgistics Reviews

Avonte from Grace Clinic

Simply the best!

Pros

I use Volgistics on a daily basis to manage our database of 300+ volunteers. It is the simplest yet most comprehensive volunteer management system that I have used...and I do have direct experience with other systems. Volunteer processing, report generation and database management are very straightforward. On the rare occasion that we need help, the support team is incredibly responsive. Our volunteers love it also. From online applications to self-scheduling, our volunteers have universally given very positive feedback. Volgistics is one of my most important productivity tools. It is great.

Cons

Although there isn't an app, the mobile site works for self-scheduling. To my knowledge, there isn't a mobile site for the "back end" which is what I use primarily. That would be helpful for times that I need to use the system while on the go.

Vickie from Sarasota County Government

Volunteer Program Comes Alive with Volgistics

We launched Volgistics August 2014, after taking advantage of the free trial period to experiment with the system. We are very satisfied with the results. As we've become more familiar with the software, we use more of the features. Before we purchased Volgistics as our management tool, we didn't have an integrated system to handle all the county departments that use volunteers. That's all changed. Volgistics brought us into the 21st century. For the first time, we know who all the volunteers are, where they volunteer , what they do, when and for how long. The robust reporting features provide the data we need to manage the program and share the stories about the valuable contributions volunteers make in our community. In June 2015, I took advantage of another offer Volgistics made available and that was to start an administrators users group to share experiences and learn from one another. The group continues to meet monthly and everyone leaves the learning session energized with their newly obtained skills. We use VicNet, VicTouch, and the Docs features. We just launched the text messaging option and look forward to the opportunity that will bring to improve communication. And lastly, Volgistics has a great support team.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting, communication features and continuous upgrades, reasonable cost

Cons

I wish there were more features regarding coordinators. For example, as an administrator I'd like to view coordinator information much like we do volunteers using Set-up, Other options, Volunteer list especially dates entered, last VicNet access, last activity.

Helen from Bartlett Housing Solutions, Inc.

Volgistics - Just do it

Very good - what makes this volunteer management system really work is the customer service representatives and their willingness to answer questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

Pros

The number of features that it has that allows my volunteers to self-schedule and print their own reports. The reports help with in-house data analysis for grant reporting requirements and administrative support. It cut down on the time I spent with volunteers by about 85 - 90%. During busy times of the year I could spend all day talking to volunteers, answering the same questions. Now I spend SIGNIFICANTLY less time doing that and can spend more time thanking our volunteers for their time and doing the other responsibilities of my job assignment. I like the comprehensiveness of the library.

Cons

Initially it was more cumbersome to set up than I expected. I am not a computer scientist so there was a bit of a learning curve. The customer service is AMAZING though, so it made it much easier. I usually hear back from folks in 5 minutes of sending an email with a quick solution to my problem.

Reasons for Choosing Volgistics

It appear most user-friendly and good value.

Response from Volgistics

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help make your job easier.

Karen from Aurora Commons

This system is not user friendly, we genuinely gave this system a chance, it failed. Waist of time.

Pros

The price point worked well for our organization. It has capacity to store a large number of volunteers.

Cons

Navigation is not smooth with the examples of location of save buttons, navigating back and forth between pages, the search feature is very specific and awkward, inserting graphics within emails is cumbersome, there is no live chat in order to troubleshoot, customer has to email back and forth to customer service which takes a long time, system logs you out automatically without saving so if you have to walk away from the computer to take an extended call, you will lose your work. If you don't enable pop-up windows on your computer, the system will act like you are still logged in so you THINK you are completing a task when in fact you are not. When voicing disappointment with the service, I was passively reminded that there is no extra charge to ask questions, this is not something Volgistics should be hanging their hat on, a paying customer should be able to ask questions on how to use a system they're paying for. The 3 times I did use that feature, they were "unable to help" me. After losing a significant amount of work, customer service did not offer any compensation and were quick to let me know how to close out my account. The lack of user friendliness takes up a significant amount that for organizations that uses volunteers in order to operate most likely do not have.

Janet from Cape Cod Literacy Council

Volgistics is a powerful tool! It's a great product! I heartily recommend it!

Pros

o It can handle just about any kind of business/organization requirments. o It can produce just about any kind of report you need, using either the (unmodified) stock reports or stock reports you can modify to your own requirements. o The online help topics (both written and videos) are EXCELLENT! o The email help (writing to a real person) is fast, knowledgeable, and helpful. o You can use as many or as few of the options as you want. The more you use, the better able you will be to generate information quickly by searches or reports.

Cons

I have to preface this by saying that this is NOT A FLAW in the app. It is advice for best implementing a powerful and incredibly useful tool. Volgistics can do so much, it is so powerful, that for individuals not familiar with databases or how to use (and tweak) them, or implement them, it might be difficult to know where to start or which of the many options to use. For a small organization that barely has the time or staff to do its regular work, this might be a show-stopper. Organizations MUST ALLOW TIME for someone to set the product up correctly. If they do, this product will make their work so much easier and effective. This is what happened in the organization I'm working with. I'm a volunteer now, but have extensive background in databases from my corporate days. The organization is so small that the person assigned to implement Volgistics simply didn't have the time to work on it because of her existing workload. I stepped in and became the Volgistics/VicNet guru. I was able to do the homework and then show her how to use it. That worked well and kept the implementation moving forward. Otherwise, it might not have happened. If you make the commitment to use Volgistics, make the commitment to have the time available to implement it.

Response from Volgistics

Replied December 2018

Wow, thank you for the review! We're so glad that you've made the time investment for Volgistics to work well for you, and that we're able to help you accomplish your mission.

Ellen from Staying Connected

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Robust software for volunteer scheduling

Easy scheduling, instant response from customer support, good reporting, amazingly complete volunteer database with so many ways to enter data.

Pros

The volunteer interface with the software is so easy to use. A 10 minute demonstration and 98% of our volunteers are off and running. The support could not be better, within minutes you have an answer to your question, and if you don't look at it promptly, you receive an email saying it is there. Once you find your way around the reports, the reporting is very good. Schedule reminders are sent to all volunteers reminding them of their assignments which is awesome.

Cons

We run a neighbor to neighbor village and we would have liked a donor and member database. We have found a work-a-round for the members, although it means more data entry on our part. The reports are not always intuitive and it takes a while to get the data you want to see in the report.

Response from Volgistics

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics is a good fit for you, and we appreciate your feedback on the reporting features.

James from Pathways 4 Youth

Volunteering at its best!

Overall we have been able to run our program more efficiently and with a better management system. We will continue to use and promote Volgistics to everyone that has a need!

Pros

Volgistics has been a great tool we use here at Pathways and I have personally used Volgistics at my previous organization. Some of the things we love about Volgistics is the ability to create our own look and feel in the management system and a linked application to the system. This tool has been a life saver for grants and volunteer hour tracking.

Cons

There has not been anything that I can say has been a con using Volgistics. We are 80% ran by volunteers and all our meals are donated by restaurants, being able to track all the volunteers and partners with our organization has been wonderful!!

Response from Volgistics

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, James! We're glad that Volgistics is able to make your job a little bit easier.

Alison from Historic Denver

Great for Volunteer Management

I have not interacted with Volgistics Volunteer Management. The billing is automated monthly, and easy to manage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of this software to manage my volunteers schedules. I can assign them to various roles once they have completed training and then they are able log-in and sign themselves up for their desired shifts. It makes my job a lot easier that they can schedule themselves.

Cons

The software doesn't allow for much customization, and on the administrator end there is a bit of a learning curve to understand the terminology, and how to set everything up.

Alison from Historic Denver

I have enjoyed working with Volgistics, it's user friendly and intuitively designed for scheduling

Pros

The user experience is straightforward enough that I'm not worried when I send volunteers to the site to sign up for shifts. It's also handy to keep all my information in one place so that I can easily pull reports, and upload information that I need my volunteers to access.

Cons

I like that the software is internet based, but because all of the changes I have mistakenly deleted entire schedules, which was challenging to recreate. It'd be create if there was an undo button.

Jared from Knowledge Center, Inc.

I have used Volgistics at over 6 different agencies (private nonprofit and governmental).

Volgistics has helped me build lasting volunteer programs across the country over the last 10+ years.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most. Within moments of opening the app, you can navigate to wherever you need to be.

Cons

Volgistics has been a little slow at keeping up with mobile technology, but seems to have a good eye on the future at this point. I would have liked to see mobile volunteer check in a few years ago.

Response from Volgistics

Replied May 2018

Wow Jared! Thank you for your review, and your continued confidence in what Volgistics can do for the different organizations you work with!

Joe from Bok Tower Gardens

Best Volunteer Management Software

I have used this program at the last 3 non profits I have come into. I believe in the program because of all the benefits it offers. It truly helps maintain records, save time and is the best tool any volunteer manager can ask for!

Pros

This is the best software. They are low cost, offer great benefits and the programs does so much! I travel the country fixing volunteer programs, and have brought the volgistics program to the last 3 non profits who still use the software to this day. It tracks hours, checklists and trainings, allows for text alerts, builds schedules and much much much much (not a type) more. The program does so much to help volunteer departments fill the need of the organization. It truly is the Cadillac of volunteer programs and will do you great service.

Cons

To be honest, there truly are no cons to the program. You will LOVE Volgistics! It is an amazing program.

worth 10x what you pay for it!

I save so much time! with volunteers self scheduling, signing in and out... and the cost, it's got the features of most top of the line programs with the price that is VERY affordable. you can even customize it to your organization to not pay for things you do not use!

Pros

absolute time saver. with over 800 volunteers signing in and out every month, this has DRASTICALLY cut down the amount of time spent tracking hours, scheduling, gathering information, and communicating with volunteers.

Cons

The reporting piece is really solid for the most part, however there are some things I wish it had capacities for that are just odd. Like wanting to see who "typically" comes in on Friday afternoons from 2-5pm. The process to find that type of info is a bit clunky, but again, isn't really something you need to find often, so it's not that big of a con.

Response from Volgistics

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can make your work load a little lighter!

Catherine from Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park

Industry: Environmental Services

The Volgistics Team

Volgistics helps me greatly to keep track of how many hours each of my volunteers have served and in what role they served them. I can easily look up their information for their phone numbers or email addresses and check the details of their volunteer interests and past work.

Pros

Volgistics is absolutely wonderful in creating a easy to understand form for new volunteers that we can incorporate directly into our website. Through that I can see all of the information I need about a volunteer and help keep track of their progress as they continue to volunteer.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing to make a change in the setup of what volunteers see or how things function. Whenever that has happened I just send a quick email to the Volgistics team and it's always answered within the hour (Less than 5 minutes sometimes!)

Response from Volgistics

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help keep your volunteer data organized!

July 2016

Janet from SD Natural History Museum

July 2016

Love, love, love Volgistics

Volgistics is fantastic for organizing my volunteer department. The scheduling feature alone is worth the price. Volunteers can actually schedule themselves so that I don't have to manage it. Configuring was easy, using it is pretty intuitive, and the email customer support is fabulous. No 800 number to call but I find they respond very quickly to emails.

Pros

The scheduling and timekeeping features. It's easy for volunteers to access the system. They have very little trouble except for the usual forgetting their passwords. But they can reset them. The only problems I have are with the older volunteers who just can't seem to grasp computers.

Cons

The reporting feature could use work. Since I don't understand the configuration of the database it is sometimes difficult to figure out which report I need to run. It has taken a lot of my time and sometimes the numbers don't make sense. They need to work on this feature.

Georgia from Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly

OUTSTANDING Customer service. Prompt, efficient, clear and concise. Extremely responsive. A+

Volgistics efficiencies have greatly enhanced our capacity to effectively onboard and communicate with volunteers.

Pros

Ease of use and brilliant customer service support. Volgistics has revolutionized our service delivery to volunteers. I was prompted to write the following after customer support came through for me on an issue: THANKS A MILLION! You guys absolutely blow me away with your responsiveness, your patience and your empathy. Not to mention, the clarity and detail with which you convey your problem-solving genius!

Cons

Response from Volgistics

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review! We're glad that Volgistics is able to help you fulfill your mission.

January 2014

Kate from KS Solutions, LLC

January 2014

I love this software and have used it with several organizations!

In 2011 I was responsible for recruiting and managing 500 volunteers for a conference in our city. I researched volunteer software options and did tutorials of various ones. Volgisitics was the best by far. I had worked in the volunteer field for many years prior and had used different tools, so knew some of my frustrations with other tools. I have now used Volgisitics for 3 large events (up to 600 volunteers and 1200 volunteer shifts over one week) and currently for a smaller nonprofit that has an on-going volunteer program. I love it every time I use it and recommend it to everyone I speak with. The best thing is that the software is rock solid -- no glitches, shutdowns, weird loss of data, etc. Also, there are options for everything... so no matter what kind of program you have or special circumstances you have you can turn on or off features to customize it as needed. The "help" center is awesome! 9 times out of 10 when I email them I hear back within an hour. Even on a Saturday! The answers are thorough and very helpful. The other day I heard back within 15 min. I use the help center when I have a special circumstance and want to think through my best options. Volunteers who use it (via VicNet) love the ease of the system. They let me know and ask if they can have the name of it to share with other organizations they volunteer with who have a system less easy to use. I love the reporting feature. Often times software like this limits the reports you can get, which is frustrating and not helpful. Volgisitics offers very customizeble and useful reports. It does take some time to learn, but once you know it and use it regularly, you will cruise through it. I think it takes time because there are so many options. It does take some time to learn the system since it is robust. But once you learn it, you will cruise on through! I highly recommend it.

February 2016

Annette from East Bonner County Free Library District

February 2016

Surpassing expectations

As the Volunteer Coordinator, I have been using Volgistics in our library district for a little over a year, and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The system is user friendly and was easy to customize for our needs. Rarely do I need to submit a Help ticket. When I do, it's almost always because I failed to thoroughly check the Help Topics provided. Regardless of this, the customer service we receive is friendly, fast and thorough. In response to these requests there is usually a personalized email that contains an explanation of the problem with a summary of the solution, as well as a link to the already existing Help Topic that I failed to look for. These people have thought of every possible question and problem that could arise and have covered these in their Help Topics which provide step-by-step direction on how to resolve the issue. I was most impressed yesterday when we were experiencing an issue with a volunteer not receiving emails sent through Volgistics. It turned out that the issue arose as a result of the filtering through their own email service. Volgistics really blew me away with their service. As usual, they emailed an explanation and a link to the Help Topic that I again failed to look for. Most amazing was that the Help Topic included step-by-step directions on how to rectify the issue with each of the major email services. I was able to give those directions to the volunteer rather than just tell them that the problem is on their end leaving them to spend valuable time searching the internet for a solution. I could go on and on about how great Volgistics is. If you're considering it, I highly recommend you take advantage of the free trial period and watch the video tutorials. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.

September 2012

Emily from Humane Society of Missouri

September 2012

Volunteer Management LIFESAVER

I will be honest, when I first used Volgistics I transferred from managing volunteers through Excel spreadsheets, so it FAR exceeded my expectations. I recently started at my current job and they use a different program and to be nice, it isn't cutting it for me. I had all I could do to patiently wait approval to acquire Volgistics. It is incredibly cost-efficient for the amount of features it offers. I would advise anyone in the volunteer management field to purchase Volgistics as your management system. They've thought of it all and more. Volgistics is the perfect volunteer management system and I would highly recommend it to any organization.

Pros

I would highly recommend Volgistics to anyone needing to manage volunteers. The features seem endless and provide dynamic options to manage volunteers and create reports. It is extremely user-friendly and the basics are fairly intuitive. The online resource in the Help Section are BEYOND comprehensive and if that doesn't answer your questions the direct customer service is quick, efficient and they don't make you feel incompetent for asking a question. The videos are a huge help and the implementation of webinars is a great new resource that helps instruct and also shows new ways to use Volgistics.

Cons

There were a few places where their chosen terminology didn't seem totally intuitive and I had some slight trouble figuring out where I needed to be to do something, but as mentioned above the Help materials really negate any issues you may have using the product, short of needing a few extra moments to get help.

Volgistics ensures our volunteer department is organized and cohesive.

Pros

The number one pro is the reporting feature. Having the ability to synthesis the volunteer data at the click of a button is amazing. I also like the ability to schedule and communicate with volunteers as well as the application feature (can make multiple applications for various roles). The help screen is fabulous!

Cons

Cannot customize as much as I'd like. There is no "undo" button so all deletions are final. I wish there were more options to jazz up the vicnet screen for the volunteer's portal.

Susan from Puget Sound Estuarium

Volgistics is the best volunteer management database that I've ever used!

Our volunteers love it. Volgistics has all the features required to schedule, track and oommunicate with volunteers. Technical support is prompt and very helpful.

Pros

I am a Volunteer Coordinator for a small non-profit with about 100 volunteers. My favorite thing about Volgistics is the ease of use and their technical support. The application is so intuitive, our volunteers can use it with almost no training - even the older volunteers who are not accustomed to using database applications. Our volunteers love that they can use Volgistics from their phone. The technical support team always responds within minutes. Their instructions are clear and thorough. I highly recommend Volgistics to other Volunteer Coordinators.

Cons

I wish the administrator version was easier to use on my smart phone. Other than that I LOVE Volgistics.

June 2014

Steven from City of Bloomington

June 2014

Volgistics customer support

Volgistics is a company that provides software for managing groups of volunteers. It is a hosted application, which means that the data on volunteers is kept on Volgistics servers and is accessed by web browser. Fees are paid based on the number of volunteer records. We use them for managing two relatively small sets of volunteers (500 or so). A most amazing thing about their customer service is that if you have a question, you CAN'T call them and speak to anyone. BUT, you never have to. Their documentation is a collection of numbered articles, available on their web site, covering just about everything you could possibly want to do or know. It is complete, detailed, thorough, understandable, almost beyond description. If you have a support question, you make it by email, and what you usually get back, very promptly, is an answer that usually is a reference to one of their articles. If the article does not completely answer the question in a completely understandable way, you can ask a follow-up question and get a prompt clarification. But you don't often have to. Their documentation is so complete that for all one can tell their support staff is some guy with a laptop in a hammock by a beach somewhere, sending out documentation links in response to support questions. The documentation is so good, that's just about all it takes to do support. Anyone who ever has beaten his head on some computer program trying to figure out how to make it work will love Volgistics.

Valerie from Dallas Animal Services

Volgistics

The customer support has been wonderful! They respond very quickly and are very thorough. They provide steps on what I need to do as well! I probably could find some of these answers in help, but I tend to rely on customer support because they provide information so quickly and it is easy to understand so that I can take the information and apply it to what I need to do!

Maureen from Detroit Institute of Arts

Throughout our implementation and now support and maintenance Volgistics has been wonderful!

Pros

The Volgistics team has always been responsive, friendly and knowledgeable. The software is easy to us and the help areas explain 90% of what we need to do.

Cons

I really can't think of a "like least" for this software. For a package software that we use to fit our needs there really aren't too many constraints.

Jen from Ozarks Food Harvest - The Food Bank

June 2013

Volgistics is a LIFESAVER!

I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Pros

After 6 months of reviewing volunteer management software, we made the leap and choice Volgistics. It have been the equivalant of adding a part time employee! The time I save entering volunteer applications and hours donated has allowed me to focus on the "bigger picture" growth of our food bank's volunteer program. Our volunteer program has grown 86% in the past 3 years and Volgistics has grown right along with us. The online tutorials and customer service has been amazing. Typically I can find an answer through their great help web pages but if not I can send my question via email and the response time is amazing, usually within a few mintues. We use VICNET and VICTOUCH and our volunteers consistenly commit on how easy it is to schedule and view hours. I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Cons

I have no cons to this program because it really handles everything we need and offers several aspects of the program that we haven't tapped into yet.

Daisy from Inland Empire United Way

Pretty user friendly and does not take long to learn.

I have no learned how to use a system that helps manage volunteers.

Pros

One thing I like about this software is being ale to set up volunteer opportunities where volunteers can sign up themselves. Another great thing about this software is that each volunteer has access to his or her own volunteer schedule and can edit their schedule as needed.

Cons

The least favorite this about this software is the inability to see all available volunteer opportunities at one time as a user. Through the admin side I could see everything at once but as a user I have to click on every single day in the calendar to see what volunteer opportunities are available.

August 2011

Cristine from St. Vincent De Paul Society

August 2011

Hats off to the Volgistics Team

Love the program

Pros

St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County has been blessed with the Volgistic Data System. I work part time making it almost impossible to run a program with 2000 volunteers. Thanks to the Volgistics services I am able to train volunteers, schedule their hours on line and keep track of which volunteers are at which sights, even when I am away at a conference. Volunteer team leaders have the access they need to run their programs effectively and every event has a clear outline and contact info. giving me more time to concentrate on our volunteers. I have worked for 8 years at SVDP and I feel confident that when I leave the SVDP Society of Marin County on August 27th, 2011 that, as result of having this program, St. Vincent de Paul Society will continue to thrive with the aid of the Vic Net and Vic Touch program. I would like to thank the Volgistics team for always answering my questions regarding your program in a timely effective manner.

Cons

Set up for the program was challenging

July 2011

Karen from Franciscan St. James Health

July 2011

Best Software Purchase Ever Made

Recommend highly.

Pros

I evaluated various Volunteer database management products several years ago before doing the free trial with Volgistics. Once I trialed it, I knew I found what I needed. The software is easy to learn - not only for myself and my staff but for the Volunteers that put hours in and input Volunteer information. There are many options that come with the software but also room for customizing so that it can meet whatever specific needs your organization has. The "Help" feature is extensive and in 3 years, I think I have only had to send them a question a few times. It is a hassle free software product - they back it up, they maintain it, they update it. I think the cost is more than reasonable and well worth it for having such an easy software to work with. I really cannot say enough good things about it. I have recommended Volgistics to the other hospitals in our corporation and anticipate them switching to Volgistics soon.

Cons

None that I have encountered.

Joanna from The Good Samaritan Center

Overall good quality, but needs improvement.

Ability to track our volunteers!

Pros

Easy to email and track all volunteer hours and store volunteer data for reporting purposes. Customer service is great at responding to questions, though it sometimes takes a little time for a response.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate, but you just have to get used to it. Also continually have to upgrade or delete archived volunteers with set limits on how many volunteers you can have entered.

Response from Volgistics

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the review, Joanna! Regarding the timing for support, we want to let you know that we try to respond as quickly as possible. Our average response time typically hovers between 5 and 10 minutes during our support hours, and we strive to keep that number low. But, our responses aren't always sent by email automatically, so it sounds like some of them may have slipped by you. You can find any past inquiries and our responses in your account by going to Mailbox | Help E-mail. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to send an inquiry (https://www.volgistics.com/support.htm). The Volgistics Team

Internal Volunteer Database Management

Pros

It's great for compiling volunteer data and keeping internal notes. Fairly easy to email groups of volunteers from inside the software.

Cons

It's got a clunky, outdated user interface that is unappealing to prospective volunteers. Limited list capacity without purchasing the ability to add more.

Response from Volgistics

Replied February 2018

We're sorry you haven't been thrilled with Volgistics. You're right that the user interface is a bit dated, and we're working on plans to begin updating it. We've always tried to be upfront about our pricing model. It's mostly based on the number of volunteers you want to track instead of the features you want. This allows small organizations to use the same features as larger ones, and the fee typically scales with the organizations ability as the volunteer base grows.

March 2014

Marion from Events Edmonton

March 2014

Can't get much better. Absolutely fantastic!

Pros: Since it is based on numbers it is pretty much affordable for anyone. Despite the fact that it is designed mainly for ongoing volunteer programs rather than for special events it is still an incredible time saving tool. It will save me days of mind numbing repetitive data entries once I start scheduling for our festivals. Despite being extremely comprehensive and customizable, it is at the same time very easy to teach yourself due to the zillions of help topics. But while you are doing the initial set-up and learn about all the features you may not have the time or desire to research single issues. So you email the help desk and within minutes you receive your response. It is almost like they were sitting in your office beside you. Fantastic customer service! Cons: Not so much cons than suggestions. Will it be possible to print out the online submitted application form? Make the daily schedule form even more customizable (column width etc.) I am still new in this but so far I haven't seen anything negative. Overall: A fantastic and very satisfying experience and I look forward working with this program. You may want to look in developing something similar for companies with employees in shift work.

November 2011

Shelli from Lyngblomsten

November 2011

Happy Volgistics User

I HIGHLY recommend Volgistics as a database system for any group that works with multiple volunteers. Volgistics makes corresponding with volunteers, tracking all aspects of volunteers and reporting about volunteers faster, more efficient and easier.

Pros

I get answers to questions very quickly through the e-mail system. I am able to generate monthly reports while I'm not at my desk (automatic every month), in the morning I come in and they are in my in-box! I am able to keep track of volunteers without a lot of data entry on our part. I am able to keep track of mandatory service for our service learning students. I like to be able to enter notes for each volunteer after phone calls have been made or e-mail correspondence is received or sent. We just started accepting on-line applications--this is awesome. I love this feature.

Cons

I wish that I could scan a document and save it in a volunteers record, but I do know that Volgistics says that they are working to get this to be something that we can do.

May 2012

Susan from Garvan Woodland Gardens

May 2012

Love Volgisitics!

Buy it! It's very reasonable. I did pay the $500 for them to initially upload my records and I think that was worth it.

Pros

Volunteers love it and so do I. It has cut down so much on the paperwork that I had to do to schedule and track hours for 300 volunteers. The volunteers love the self scheduling and recording hours at home. It's an amazing program and extremely reasonable. It has cut way more labor cost than we are paying for the program. I no longer have to have an hourly person help me 2 days a week--it's down to about an hour a week! The support is amazing--just email a question and within a few minutes the answer comes back. The tutorials are clear and helpful.

Cons

a few little things -- i've sent suggestions and they say they will tell the programmers of the problems so hopefully they will be fixed at some point. I would really like to see Volgistics develop a companion staff module so I could keep all the people I schedule on one program.

June 2015

Bud from Desert Caballeros Western Museum

June 2015

New User

Made a matrix and evaluated five other vendors of volunteer management systems. Volgistics came out on top for our needs. Tested their response to help emails and they were exceptional in response time and content. Excellent help system in the application with videos and written content. This is not an easy system to setup initially, it has many options and fields to populate. But the explanations of various options are well written. Lots of features and printable reports. I'm very satisfied with the choice so far. I'm a volunteer helping our Volunteer Manager who has limited experience using on line systems, she is very impressed with the application and is looking forward to using it. We have many senior volunteers some who refused to use a computer, this will probably be my major implementation challenge:) Got VicTouch up and running and gathered the volunteers together who most objected to using a computer to sign in and out. They positively loved it. One comment, "This is easier than pumping gas with a credit card". That's quiet a testament to VicTouch being user friendly. Just keep in mind setup is challenging but worth the effort.

Volgistics for volunteers

Overall, I enjoyed using volgisitivs, it got the job done well!

Pros

I loved how customizable volgitics was when I was using this software. I could have multiple volunteer assignments open at the same time.

Cons

It was fairly difficult to learn volgisitcs when I first started using it / I had to contact customer support often.

Celina from Bele Isle Conservancy

Volunteer Programming Made Easy

Pros

I love all of options that this program provides in terms of scheduling, outreach, and lists. I can check the service record for volunteers, add and remove people to schedules, send messages to specific groups. etc. The functionality of this program is excellent.

Cons

The only downside for me is that this program can be taxing when you are fist learning to use it. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to do something specific in the program. However, the customer service is excellent and super fast, so I can always rely on their help emails when I'm in a jam.

July 2012

Candice from Siloam Mission

July 2012

Volgistics is a complete answer for our volunteer management

This system has allowed us to combine two full time paid positions into one. We have better communication with our volunteers. Recruitment is so much easier and effective. The system has grown with our organization and has ways to fits most of our needs. It has transformed our volunteer services and we constantly hear how much our volunteers love it!

Pros

-Web-based, can access database from home. -Great features: online scheduling for volunteers, touch screen sign in, auditing, reporting, reminders, emailing sets of volunteers for recruitment. -support is consistently efficient -Billing is according to how much you use -easy to learn and implement -love the online applications with schedule feature

Cons

-help menu is sometimes overly simplistic -no direct phone number to a help desk -no training available other than the help menu

Kerrilee from Greenburgh Nature Center

Flexible, Powerful Software; Great Customer Service

Thank you, Volgistics team, for this amazing tool. It has helped transform our volunteer program in just a few short months from a ragtag bunch of teenagers that showed up whenever and for however long they felt like it, to a team that accomplishes project after project, and asks for more. I find myself wishing only that you made calendar/scheduling software for our staff, too, because I'm pretty sure it would beat the pants off our current system. As it is, we'll just continue being 100% pleased with Volgistics for our volunteers!

Pros

easy to learn comprehensive features to meet your needs powerful reporting & metrics customized user experience: use the features that are helpful to you, while unused features are unobtrusive quick and helpful feedback from customer service

Cons

None, really, that we've experienced.

Supposedly the best - incredibly limited

Pros

Its relatively simple to use, but has not changed in 10+ years

Cons

There is no mobile app. There are no API's for integrating with other software packages. Reporting is limited. Hasn't been updated since I have been using it from 2006- 2018 when this review is being written.

Camellia from Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Metro Atlanta

Volgistics is great for some companies, but not all.

We enjoyed the general benefits of using a volunteer management system for our office and volunteers, but there was not much to the system.

Pros

Cons

Volgistics just can't compete with CERVIS and Volunteer Hub in features and functionality! Volgistics needs some serious upgrades to compete with today's top volunteer management systems.

Response from Volgistics

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review Camellia. Volgistics is a powerful tool and we understand it can take some time to learn the ins and outs. Many features need to be turned on in Setup before you'll see them, so it's possible you might have missed what you were looking for. If you decide to sign up for another trial, please dont hesitate to write to us if you have any questions regarding features or the best way to set something up.

Dave from North Carolina Transportation Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Volgistics Review

We are a museum facility with over 200 volunteers and have been using Volgistics for about 6 months now. It certainly cuts our time in tracking volunteers, assignments and printing reports! The Volgistics support staff is outstanding!

Pros

The database is very easy to use especially after using MS Access for years !! It is, for the most part, very intuitive.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet - once you begin to use the program, it's well laid out.

Perfect for small staffs

Pros

Our volunteer managements system was very taxing on a small staff of two people with many other responsibilities. This program was huge in allowing volunteers to organize and communicate with us while being minimally taxing on our busy office.

Cons

It's definitely better suited for a larger organization, but we've found ways in which to make it work for us.

August 2015

Karina from Tabby's Place: A Cat Sanctuary

August 2015

Volgistics makes my life so much easier

I absolutely LOVE Volgistics! I am the volunteer coordinator for a cat sanctuary and we have over 400 volunteers in our database. Since moving to Volgistics my job has become much easier. It's easy to email all your volunteers, just new applicants, one single volunteer, whatever you want. I love that I can attach files to send to volunteers (I couldn't do that with the previous software I used) I love how easy they handle my new volunteer applications, then with one click I can transfer applicants to active volunteers... no more entering all new volunteers information into the database. The scheduling works great, and the whole thing is easy to use. I would recommend Volgistics to any organization who have volunteers

February 2014

Kelle from Winnipeg Humane Society

February 2014

Volgistics

A long time user of Volunteer Works, now using Volgistics and thrilled with the product! It took a bit of work to set up the software and you do need to have a background in programming to really maximize the capabilities of the system. Well worth taking the time to do this from the start. The integration between VicTouch, VicNet and Volgistics makes management easy! Volunteers can access their schedule from anywhere; add or remove and the system automatically sends the Supervisor an email. I call this program "slick" when I describe it to colleagues. Their service team has been excellent when I have any questions and will respond within minutes. They have responded to suggestions for upgrades and have implemented them.

Elizabeth from Glenview Park District

Past its use by date

It was incredibility frustrating. Everyone was helpful but the system is so antiquated it felt like 1985,

Pros

The price was great for the number of volunteers.

Cons

There is no online support and it is not user friendly. We were told we could have two facilities on the same account but that was not good advice. Yes, it's possible but it requires a momentous amount of work. You can only include one logo. When I inquired they said if I could code html an additional separate photo could be added. Volgisitcs may have been state of the art when first introduced years ago but instead of keeping it up to date it has been kept on life support with tape and twine--electronically speaking. You have to plow through tons of videos and links to do simple actions. It is not adaptable for special event signups seeking new volunteers.

Kara from Refuge Clinic

I am an operations director for a nonprofit and have used and researched volunteer software

Pros

I like that this software offers the ability for volunteers to sign themselves up for shifts that the owner has created. I also like that the application to volunteer can be integrated into this system. That way you don't have to have one system for volunteer onboarding and another one for the schedule.

October 2011

Don from Montgomery Hospital

October 2011

Excellent product!

If you are looking for a Volunteer management tool...this is it! It is reasonably priced, flexible and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a response from Volgisitcs Support.

Pros

We migrated from Volunteer Works and find that Volgistics is a huge step up. The data move was completely painless and completed in 15 minutes! It is so simple to use and provides the flexibilty that we were looking for to customize our screens. The VIC Touch screen is a big hit for the Coordinators and the Volunteers.

Cons

We have not found any problems with this application.

May 2016

Tami from Osceola County Animal Services

May 2016

New to Volgistics and love it!

I am new to Volgistics and have a relatively new program. We had utilized another software prior to moving to Volgistics and the difference is incredible! It is extremely user friendly and when you need help on how to set things up for your program they have a help desk feature that is worth its weight in gold! We were concerned initially by the lack of phone support but that is no longer an issue. Every response is professional and thorough and out of all the help inquiries I sent the average response time is between 2 and 4 minutes! Very impressed by the service that you provide! Thank you!

February 2015

Brent from Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park

February 2015

Volgistics Quality Review

Pros: The customer service is wonderfull the representitives always do their best to understand our issues and always respond to us in a timely manner. Pros: The system has a vast array of functionality and are constantly updating their features to further help us manage our volunteer data Pros: Overall just a very easy program to use that includes also a multitude of reporting options. Cons: If there was any would be the option to change whether you wanted a reminder after a certain amount of inactivity. If there would be an option to stay logged in until you decide to log out but again that would be minor

March 2015

Tamra from Dumb Friends League

March 2015

Has a lot of potential, once you figure out how to get what you are looking for!

Volgistics does offer a lot of functionality, however it's not very user friendly. If you don't have the brain and the time to get to know the program and all of its ins and outs, then it's probably not the program for you. Their support is only via email and they do answer very quickly, but it's impossible to talk to someone on the phone, unless you want to pay a very high price. Usually my responses are met with "I'm sorry but" or "unfortunately" because some of the basic things you'd like to be able to monitor and report on are not possible. Like tracking people who don't show up for their shifts. You CAN do it, but it's not easy. All in all, it's not a horrible program, but they don't update it very often and when they do, they are not good about telling you they've updated something. And because you have to pay per volunteer, for a large organization that utilizes a lot of people, it's practically fiscally impossible to keep a running history of your volunteer program. That is the main fault we have with the program. We have to keep two separate databases, or we'd be paying way too much to store the historical data we need.

March 2012

Shanda from Special event - Comedy Festival

March 2012

Almost too Robust

For your long term volunteer management programs, this is a robust tool for a great price. For a one-time event, this is not the best choice.

Pros

Price is great! If I were running a long term volunteer program, this would be my dream site. Very quick customer support, lots of ability to manipulate records and data, etc. You could spend hours on the video instruction and help topics.

Cons

It is very tough to quickly get up to speed with this product. For a one time special event, I want to set up a volunteer application, set up volunteer opportunities, and connect the two. I've invested MANY hours trying to get this simple action completed. I have used other tools and have worked with a programmer to develop a tool for a special event (not competition - not on the market) so am pretty savvy about optional resources. I do not find this to be intuitive. I think it will be great once I understand it, but it's frustrating just trying to pick it up and go.