What are Volunteer Time Tracking users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Volunteer Time Tracking software through verified user reviews

• icon"Great features which are free. Easy to see how many hours have been completed."
  • icon"It's very easy to input the information in to the system. More than fifty percent of the persons in the Hendersonville Area Chapter of the Links are successfully using the software."
  • icon"There are so many companies that don't seem to consider great customer service, and a person to get back to you with helpful answers, all that important."
  • icon"The filter search has to be input each time even when looking for the same volunteer. Very minor inconvenience."
  • icon"As far as I know, there is no way for me as a user to cut/paste hours for several different people in my family to different groups."

Browse all Volunteer Time Tracking Reviews

• Have you used Volunteer Time Tracking and would like to share your experience with others?

Convenient way to track volunteering hours!

Overall a very easy and useful app!

Pros

This software is easy to use and gives you an opportunity to sign up for volunteering events at different places and keep track of all your hours and dates of volunteering.

Cons

The only inconvenient part is that there is no way to see the sum of all volunteering hours, you ave to add them up yourself.

JKeshawn

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

March 2022

This is a very user friendly system that works

I have learned how to handle and maintain reporting for various departments, volunteers, and non-profits.

Pros

Track it forward allows multiple users to place their information, tracking hours, and the details of the things they completed.

Cons

Nothing yet, still learning more about it.

Reasons for choosing Volunteer Time Tracking

It worked more efficient.

Reasons for switching to Volunteer Time Tracking

We wanted a modern, user friendly system that we could download the app, or go online.

Rosita

Greatful for TrackItForward

I was so greatful to find this because it was free, but it of course can improve a lot! I have used it with all my volunteers. I wish there was a way it could notify me that a user hasn't checked in in awhile. That would be very helpful so I could remind them to track their hours better.

Pros

It is free! It was very hard to find something that I did not have to pay for.

Cons

It still needs some work on the front end. User experience could be cleaner!

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for your honest feedback! We're always open to hearing new ways to make the experience better for our customer. If you have time, could you please post your suggestion about the notification to our request portal - https://ourvolts.uservoice.com? Thanks!

Replied November 2018

Rachel

February 2022

Track it Forward is a great tool to track your volunteer's hours- very user friendly.

I've been using it for about 6 + years and it works really well.

Pros

Ease of the program- very user friendly.

Cons

The report summary doesn't have the volunteer's name at the top so when I print it- the volunteer's name isn't displayed.

Michelle

I have been extremely pleased with the response & support I have received from the TIF team.

Pros

I like the Track-It Forward software because of its versatility and ease of use. I took over from the previous administrator with no real insight into the software. It was easy enough for me to just click around and figure out. I was quickly able to make changes and customize the site to our needs. The few occasions that I couldn't figure something out, representatives responded to my email queries very quickly...usually within a couple of hours or quicker. The customer service is spot on and very pleasant.

Cons

I don't like that I can't customize the start & end times for my events. I am limited to top of hour or half hour only, but have events that start/end on the quarter hour. I also can't seem to get the reports to contain the exact information I want/need. The TIF people have been great about trying to help me, but for whatever reason, I can't choose the specific categories that I want/need for my reports so I have manually input into Excel. Hopefully, this year we can figure out a fix so that I don't have to spend six hours three times per year manually creating my reports.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for the feedback Michelle. We are working on some new features which includes more robust reporting so hopefully that'll give you what you're looking for. Also, you actually can set you start/end times to whatever you'd like. The dropdown options are limited, however you can type in that field as well. Let us know if you need help with that!

Replied June 2018

Carmen

Easily the best Volunteer Management system

I have been using OV for 2 years, & I plan to stick with it for the remainder of my work days! This is easily the best volunteer management system around, for several reasons. 1. The founders are incredibly helpful! There is an area on the site which allows you to request & vote on new features. When I have questions, the founders usually reply within minutes-the service is personal, helpful, & timely. 2.I have volunteers in MS all the way to volunteers who are in their late 70s, which means there is a huge range of computer skills/comfort. All of my volunteers use this site to log their hours & not a single person has had a complaint. 3.It is mobile. All of my regular volunteers have downloaded the OV app onto their smart phones, & log their hours before they even leave the volunteer site! This feature is easily the favorite feature for my volunteers. 4.It allows me to customized nearly all of the fields. When Volunteers log in, I have certain fields I require so my records are always up-to-date. I also have all of the volunteer activities personalized for my volunteers & there is an area for them to add notes. 5.Scheduling. This is a feature I haven't used yet, but I will be using it this fall. The Volunteers can sign up for a shift based on what I make available to them. OV will even send out reminder emails to volunteers! 6. OV keeps track of all volunteer hours, & I can easily pull reports on all of my volunteers, certain volunteers, by date, or by activity (to name a few). I also have categories (set # of hours) set up on OV, & it displays a message each time I log in to alert me when a Volunteer enters a new category. 7. OV has a widget that was easy to put on our volunteer page, making it even easier for Volunteers to log their hours. 8.I can log hours for my volunteers. I have some volunteers who don't have computers, or who only volunteer one-time, & I log the volunteer hours for them. I can easily add new volunteers, or adjust hours if one of my regular volunteers accidentally logged too many/too few hours. The #1 indicator of how great this site is is the fact that my Volunteers love it! There are graphs that show how many hours have been volunteered, both in the past 6 weeks & overall, which makes it fun for my volunteers--they can compete to "stay on top" & love hearing who has "won" the most hours at the end of the year. I recommend OV to every Volunteer Manager I interact with.

Response from Track It Forward

Wow Carmen, you know OurVolts as good as we do. We've really appreciated you being with us for as long as you have and it really shows with your ability to really maximize the efficiency you get out of OurVolts.

Vivian

Product Review

This product makes it easy to keep track of student intern hours and allows for a way for them to reach set goals and know where they are each week. It allows for approved hours from anywhere and since we have been required to do more remote work, it works well!

Pros

The ability to get notifications when volunteers put in their hours is very useful. The product is user friendly and it is quick to sign up and get logged in.

Cons

Unable to change the label of "volunteer". The word sometimes confusing the students that are using the system.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks Vivian, that's great to hear! With regard to the label of "volunteer", organizations can customize this term under the Other Configurations page of their settings. If you need any assistance with that, please contact our support team. Thanks!

Replied August 2021

Industry: Environmental Services

Exactly what we need--nothing of what we don't

We're a nature focused organization that 1) Tracks volunteer hours 2) Tracks continuing education hours and 3) Run an event calendar to connect vols to volunteers ops. I went through about 4 software solutions before stumbling across TIF. It was a pretty painful process, especially because I'm unpaid. With the other guys, you'd have to sort through tons of modules and functionalities just to understand what all the software did. But TIF was perfect.

Pros

1) Out-of-the-box functionality is perfect for us. 2) Easy to use so it doesn't confuse technophobes/old people. 3) Very reasonably priced 4) Easy to implement. Low learning curve for both using and administrating.

Cons

There are a few rough edges, mainly cosmetic or user-experience focused. For example, sometimes our users can't see the "Reset Your Password" option, but that just may be because they are stupid. The app is a little bear bones, but that's ok, since the price is so low.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for the feedback, John. We love having you as a customer and appreciate the review.

Replied October 2018

Delena

TrackItForward, has exceeded all my expectations from the software to customer service.

Simple tracking of volunteer hours and easy reports for our purposes.

Pros

Customer Service is very fast, usually within 24-48 hours, in responding to request for help, they follow-up, and each time they respond, it is in easy to understand language, not something I have to figure out before executing

Cons

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for the compliment Delena! Please (if you haven't done so already)post your idea to our IDEA BOARD! We'd love to review it with you.

Brandy

March 2022

Track It Forward is quick and easy to use!

Pros

Thanks to Track It Forward, managing volunteer hours submitted by hundreds of people takes no time at all. The interface is user friendly and requires little technical skill. I would recommend this platform to anyone in need!

Cons

I do not have any recommendations at this time.

Kelly

Simple system, easy to use, customer service friendly

Pros

Track it Forward is a simple platform that allows for ease of use by our staff and students. The reporting features allow us to easily run daily and weekly reports. During initial set-up, the Track it Forward team was extremely helpful too.

Cons

We have run into some minor glitches with the mobile application and there has been some significant delays in our dashboard but the Track it Forward team has been working to improve both issues.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for your feedback Kelly! We've done some performance optimization on the Organizer Dashboard these last 2 weeks so hopefully you see an improvement on your side! Your opinion is of utmost value to us and we'll keep striving to be better every day.

Replied June 2018

Industry: Biotechnology

Volunteer Time Tracking

I used to use this software a couple of years ago when I worked as a volunteer coordinator, but haven't used it since. Overall, my experience was positive, but if I'd had to pay for it personally, I would have selected a different product.

Pros

I liked that I could use this software to generate reports on how many hours a particular volunteer (or multiple volunteers) had completed over the past several months. I also liked that it recognized volunteers who completed the most hours each month (it made it easier to select our "volunteers of the month"). It was easy to use and had all the features I needed.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for the limited features that it offers. It shouldn't cost $12 a month to be able to email multiple people and track volunteer hours.

Karen

Excellent Customer Service!!

Pros

I found the software to be very user-friendly. It is easy to enter our service hours and to edit them when needed. But what stands out to me the most is their caring staff! Their customer service is top notch... Representative went way above and beyond to help me with an issue I had caused. She quickly worked hard to understand my issue, offered me several possible solutions, then graciously worked behind the scenes to save me a lot of time. I am so thankful for her attention and support!

Cons

As far as I know, there is no way for me as a user to cut/paste hours for several different people in my family to different groups. I would love to be able to do that!

Response from Track It Forward

Hi Karen! We're so glad to hear that our support team has been taking good care of you! We'll take a look at your configurations and will email your org. with a workaround!

OurVolts is a game-changer

I run the Volunteer Program at a local Police Department, with a force of 20-30 Volunteers. Hours of my time used to be spent reviewing time slips and approving hours submissions. THEN a Volunteer would spend hours typing all of those approved hours into a spreadsheet. THEN, each month, the Volunteers would spend hours reviewing their spreadsheet reports against their calendars from the previous month, to ensure that they got "credit" for all the work they had done. No more! Now my Volunteers can enter their hours easily (from an iPad "kiosk" in my office, or from their smartphones, or from the embedded widget on our website, or from the OurVolts site directly - whatever works best for them). I get to review and approve the hours in a timely manner, and no subsequent data-entry is required. Both I and the Volunteers can review their hour logs at any time. And I can run reports and pull data easily and quickly whenever I want. The customer service is also excellent. OurVolts asks for user input - and it's not lip service! I have made a suggestion and seen it implemented in the same week. Because of this, the system is great... and getting better all the time.

Response from Track It Forward

Wow you're using all the methods of capturing volunteer hours, nothing like making it easier for all the volunteers!

Kelli

Track IT Forward Review

I love it, and sorry that I waited so long to use it.

Pros

That I can run reports, and that the volunteers can track their own hours.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like so far.

Reasons for choosing Volunteer Time Tracking

This came highly recommended, and once I did my research I liked Track IT Forward better.

Response from Track It Forward

Thank you so much Kelli, we love having you! I'm glad that your volunteers can easily track hours on our system and that our reports help you out!

Replied June 2021

Karen

March 2015

Great online tool for tracking volunteers

Our church/school implemented OurVolts approximately 1 year ago as a method of tracking our parish/school family volunteer hours. Previously it was being tracked using paper. Teachers needed to remind parents to log time. Parents needed to remember to log time. A volunteer needed to accumulate the hours and then run totals at the end of the year. This method was very time consuming. By implementing the online system, parents were able to easily log time via computer or smartphone and not worry about sign in sheets getting lost. The volunteer who tracked the hours is excited that she can now view reports and quickly provide information as needed. She can now spend more time helping the church in other ways. As administrator, I feel that working with the OurVolts team has been very easy to work with. They are eager to share development ideas with current customers and I feel like I have a say in how the system is enhanced. I feel like our ideas on how to use the system are listened to as well. This tool has been all around positive for our group!

Response from Track It Forward

Thank you for sharing all your great ideas with us, we've only been able to build this great product because of great organizers with their input.

Kacy

Great Program even for small Schools.

Pros

Our school used this system to track Volunteer hours for our school. It appeared to be user friendly for our parents and it's interface was easy to track as an Admin.

Cons

While Track-it-Forward has some great features, it was a little too costly for such a small school of ours that is Non-Profit when we only tracked volunteer hours and use it for nothing else.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks Kacy! We try to be competitive with our pricing and are willing to work with your organization if cost is the issue. Please contact our finance team so we can help find a solution for you!

Deborah K.

The customer service is quite good. Very much appreciate the speed with which questions are answered

Pros

It's very easy to input the information in to the system. More than fifty percent of the persons in the Hendersonville Area Chapter of the Links are successfully using the software. Where they've had problems, is mis-remembering their password and being able to reset to enter the software.

Cons

A few things are not intuitive (archiving the email in order to delete it), however, I would imagine the beta testing will work toward creating an answer to that circumstance.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks for your feedback Deborah! We will definitely take a look at this to see how we can make this more simpler in the future.

Sabrina

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great way to track volunteer hours

Pros

- easy to add or delete volunteers to the platform - easy to set up - volunteers find it simple to navigate - great features which are free - easy to see how many hours have been completed

Cons

- would be good if you could assign tasks to certain volunteers at the moment you can only assign events

Response from Track It Forward

Thank you Sabrina, I'm glad you're able to get your volunteers to track hours! And thank you for the feedback about assigning tasks, we're always looking at new features to enhance our system.

Replied June 2021

Katie

Easy to Use and Great Customer Service

Very good.

Pros

From an email I sent earlier today: I just wanted to complement your support system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] herself. I admit I've contacted her way more than I should have with questions that had answers I should have found. Nevertheless, she is always really helpful and very nice about it. There are so many companies that don't seem to consider great customer service, and a person to get back to you with helpful answers, all that important. I am so grateful that you do, and that you've found such an excellent person to do it. If anyone asks, I would highly recommend Track It Forward.

Cons

I wish it could work by telepathy so I didn't have to chase down our volunteers:)

Highly recommended.

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks Katie! This is great to hear, we really appreciate the feedback!

Replied October 2020

Eric

Volunteer Tracking and scheduling

Corona National Little League has been using OurVolts.com for about 9 months now with great results. Since we've started using the tool our field maintenance events have been much easier to schedule and has even created a great atmosphere of competition between out maintenance crews. For tracking our snackbar, field maintenance and umpire volunteer hours the mobile app has been a huge success. Simple and easy to use our volunteers don't hesitate to key in their hours. We are looking forward to a continued partnership with OurVolts and eagerly anticipate the enhancements on their product roadmap.

Response from Track It Forward

I'm glad it's working out Eric, I was in little league myself so I know how great what you're doing is, forever memories! I'm glad we're helping to make them more efficient and impactful than they already are.

Susan

Love OurVolts!

My non -profit has been using OurVolts.com for a year. We did extensive research to figure out what system would work for us. This does! Once everyone adjusted to the iPad instead of the paper and pen, it went really well. Now, when the administration want numbers, I can get them in a matter of minutes. We can find folks phone numbers and send out invites. I find it really easy to use on site and at home. (Some of the less technically minded people have trouble with it but make it work.) The cost is economical and the folks at OurVolts are really helpful - just ask if you have a question.

Response from Track It Forward

It's amazing how one of our technologies, in this case the iPad, really made the difference in your volunteer tracking program. We're happy to support such a great organization!

Maria

March 2015

Especially good for multisite organizations

OurVolts is very easy for volunteers and for volunteer coordinators alike. The computer interface is simple enough for seniors to master and the app is great for our next generation volunteers. We use the system to track hours logged by about 100 volunteers performing various roles in 15 different geographic sites. It's brought us into much more regular contact with our volunteers who may be half a state away. Reporting and exporting functions help us see the impact that volunteers are making on a regular basis and it comes in handy when summarizing hours for internships and service learning requirements. Thanks, OurVolts!

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks Maria! It's a pleasure having your organizations use us and I'm glad the reports are meeting those requirements!

Glenda

Track It Forward is an amazing resource that allows for easy tracking and reports!

Easy time tracking, quick reports and excellent response from TIF support when there was an issue with the website.

Pros

Our volunteers love the mobile app and the ease of using the tool. Our staff love the easy to generate and read reports. The reports make for much easier grant reporting and are saving a huge amount of staff time.

Cons

I wish that I could see the notes for each entry without having to go in as "edit." There may be a way to do this that I haven't figured out - but so far it is my most frustrating aspect.

Response from Track It Forward

We're so glad to hear that your volunteers love it and that it's saving you time! That's amazing! In regards to viewing notes, try through the reports section and make sure you have the activity summary checked off. That may be easier to keep track of.

Steve

March 2016

RR Museum Loves T.I.F.

T.I.F. is really user friendly and a good way to replace time consuming excel spread sheets! As one of the administrators I find it very flexible and efficient. Our members who use it like tracking their own time in this method. Now if I can only get the non-users to comply!

Response from Track It Forward

Thanks Steve! For the non-users, in the meantime, you can log them yourself as volunteers without emails, and when they're ready, you can transfer all the hours to them. But yes it is a challenge to get the tech resistant to use something new, and if you have any ideas at any time, let us know and we might be able to make it work for you.

Replied March 2016