• Pros

• "The interface is clean and very simple for our volunteers to use. The organizer dashboard is easy for the admins to use as well."

• "Our school used this system to track Volunteer hours for our school. It appeared to be user friendly for our parents and it's interface was easy to track as an Admin."

• "It is so easy to use. I use it for two organizations and both are very happy with it. We would recommend it. "

• Cons

• "We have run into some minor glitches with the mobile application and there has been some significant delays in our dashboard but the Track it Forward team has been working to improve both issues. "

• "A few things are not intuitive (archiving the email in order to delete it), however, I would imagine the beta testing will work toward creating an answer to that circumstance."

• "I wish it could work by telepathy so I didn't have to chase down our volunteers:)"

Browse Volunteer Time Tracking Reviews

Convenient way to track volunteering hours!

Overall a very easy and useful app!

Pros

This software is easy to use and gives you an opportunity to sign up for volunteering events at different places and keep track of all your hours and dates of volunteering.

Cons

The only inconvenient part is that there is no way to see the sum of all volunteering hours, you ave to add them up yourself.

Michelle from Laurel Hall School

I have been extremely pleased with the response & support I have received from the TIF team.

Pros

I like the Track-It Forward software because of its versatility and ease of use. I took over from the previous administrator with no real insight into the software. It was easy enough for me to just click around and figure out. I was quickly able to make changes and customize the site to our needs. The few occasions that I couldn't figure something out, representatives responded to my email queries very quickly...usually within a couple of hours or quicker. The customer service is spot on and very pleasant.

Cons

I don't like that I can't customize the start & end times for my events. I am limited to top of hour or half hour only, but have events that start/end on the quarter hour. I also can't seem to get the reports to contain the exact information I want/need. The TIF people have been great about trying to help me, but for whatever reason, I can't choose the specific categories that I want/need for my reports so I have manually input into Excel. Hopefully, this year we can figure out a fix so that I don't have to spend six hours three times per year manually creating my reports.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback Michelle. We are working on some new features which includes more robust reporting so hopefully that'll give you what you're looking for. Also, you actually can set you start/end times to whatever you'd like. The dropdown options are limited, however you can type in that field as well. Let us know if you need help with that!

Rosita from Partners In Development

Greatful for TrackItForward

I was so greatful to find this because it was free, but it of course can improve a lot! I have used it with all my volunteers. I wish there was a way it could notify me that a user hasn't checked in in awhile. That would be very helpful so I could remind them to track their hours better.

Pros

It is free! It was very hard to find something that I did not have to pay for.

Cons

It still needs some work on the front end. User experience could be cleaner!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied November 2018

Thanks for your honest feedback! We're always open to hearing new ways to make the experience better for our customer. If you have time, could you please post your suggestion about the notification to our request portal - https://ourvolts.uservoice.com? Thanks!

Carmen from Amanda the Panda Family Grief Center

Easily the best Volunteer Management system

I have been using OV for 2 years, & I plan to stick with it for the remainder of my work days! This is easily the best volunteer management system around, for several reasons. 1. The founders are incredibly helpful! There is an area on the site which allows you to request & vote on new features. When I have questions, the founders usually reply within minutes-the service is personal, helpful, & timely. 2.I have volunteers in MS all the way to volunteers who are in their late 70s, which means there is a huge range of computer skills/comfort. All of my volunteers use this site to log their hours & not a single person has had a complaint. 3.It is mobile. All of my regular volunteers have downloaded the OV app onto their smart phones, & log their hours before they even leave the volunteer site! This feature is easily the favorite feature for my volunteers. 4.It allows me to customized nearly all of the fields. When Volunteers log in, I have certain fields I require so my records are always up-to-date. I also have all of the volunteer activities personalized for my volunteers & there is an area for them to add notes. 5.Scheduling. This is a feature I haven't used yet, but I will be using it this fall. The Volunteers can sign up for a shift based on what I make available to them. OV will even send out reminder emails to volunteers! 6. OV keeps track of all volunteer hours, & I can easily pull reports on all of my volunteers, certain volunteers, by date, or by activity (to name a few). I also have categories (set # of hours) set up on OV, & it displays a message each time I log in to alert me when a Volunteer enters a new category. 7. OV has a widget that was easy to put on our volunteer page, making it even easier for Volunteers to log their hours. 8.I can log hours for my volunteers. I have some volunteers who don't have computers, or who only volunteer one-time, & I log the volunteer hours for them. I can easily add new volunteers, or adjust hours if one of my regular volunteers accidentally logged too many/too few hours. The #1 indicator of how great this site is is the fact that my Volunteers love it! There are graphs that show how many hours have been volunteered, both in the past 6 weeks & overall, which makes it fun for my volunteers--they can compete to "stay on top" & love hearing who has "won" the most hours at the end of the year. I recommend OV to every Volunteer Manager I interact with.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Wow Carmen, you know OurVolts as good as we do. We've really appreciated you being with us for as long as you have and it really shows with your ability to really maximize the efficiency you get out of OurVolts.

John from Louisiana Master Naturalists of Greater Baton Rouge

Industry: Environmental Services

Exactly what we need--nothing of what we don't

We're a nature focused organization that 1) Tracks volunteer hours 2) Tracks continuing education hours and 3) Run an event calendar to connect vols to volunteers ops. I went through about 4 software solutions before stumbling across TIF. It was a pretty painful process, especially because I'm unpaid. With the other guys, you'd have to sort through tons of modules and functionalities just to understand what all the software did. But TIF was perfect.

Pros

1) Out-of-the-box functionality is perfect for us. 2) Easy to use so it doesn't confuse technophobes/old people. 3) Very reasonably priced 4) Easy to implement. Low learning curve for both using and administrating.

Cons

There are a few rough edges, mainly cosmetic or user-experience focused. For example, sometimes our users can't see the "Reset Your Password" option, but that just may be because they are stupid. The app is a little bear bones, but that's ok, since the price is so low.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the feedback, John. We love having you as a customer and appreciate the review.

Delena from Magnolia High School

TrackItForward, has exceeded all my expectations from the software to customer service.

Simple tracking of volunteer hours and easy reports for our purposes.

Pros

Customer Service is very fast, usually within 24-48 hours, in responding to request for help, they follow-up, and each time they respond, it is in easy to understand language, not something I have to figure out before executing

Cons

The filter search has to be input each time even when looking for the same volunteer. Very minor inconvenience.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the compliment Delena! Please (if you haven't done so already)post your idea to our IDEA BOARD! We'd love to review it with you.

Karen from Pathways Academy Beta Club

Excellent Customer Service!!

Pros

I found the software to be very user-friendly. It is easy to enter our service hours and to edit them when needed. But what stands out to me the most is their caring staff! Their customer service is top notch... Representative went way above and beyond to help me with an issue I had caused. She quickly worked hard to understand my issue, offered me several possible solutions, then graciously worked behind the scenes to save me a lot of time. I am so thankful for her attention and support!

Cons

As far as I know, there is no way for me as a user to cut/paste hours for several different people in my family to different groups. I would love to be able to do that!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Hi Karen! We're so glad to hear that our support team has been taking good care of you! We'll take a look at your configurations and will email your org. with a workaround!

Jennifer from Newport Beach Police Department

OurVolts is a game-changer

I run the Volunteer Program at a local Police Department, with a force of 20-30 Volunteers. Hours of my time used to be spent reviewing time slips and approving hours submissions. THEN a Volunteer would spend hours typing all of those approved hours into a spreadsheet. THEN, each month, the Volunteers would spend hours reviewing their spreadsheet reports against their calendars from the previous month, to ensure that they got "credit" for all the work they had done. No more! Now my Volunteers can enter their hours easily (from an iPad "kiosk" in my office, or from their smartphones, or from the embedded widget on our website, or from the OurVolts site directly - whatever works best for them). I get to review and approve the hours in a timely manner, and no subsequent data-entry is required. Both I and the Volunteers can review their hour logs at any time. And I can run reports and pull data easily and quickly whenever I want. The customer service is also excellent. OurVolts asks for user input - and it's not lip service! I have made a suggestion and seen it implemented in the same week. Because of this, the system is great... and getting better all the time.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Wow you're using all the methods of capturing volunteer hours, nothing like making it easier for all the volunteers!

Karen from St. Matthew Parish

March 2015

Great online tool for tracking volunteers

Our church/school implemented OurVolts approximately 1 year ago as a method of tracking our parish/school family volunteer hours. Previously it was being tracked using paper. Teachers needed to remind parents to log time. Parents needed to remember to log time. A volunteer needed to accumulate the hours and then run totals at the end of the year. This method was very time consuming. By implementing the online system, parents were able to easily log time via computer or smartphone and not worry about sign in sheets getting lost. The volunteer who tracked the hours is excited that she can now view reports and quickly provide information as needed. She can now spend more time helping the church in other ways. As administrator, I feel that working with the OurVolts team has been very easy to work with. They are eager to share development ideas with current customers and I feel like I have a say in how the system is enhanced. I feel like our ideas on how to use the system are listened to as well. This tool has been all around positive for our group!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Thank you for sharing all your great ideas with us, we've only been able to build this great product because of great organizers with their input.

Katie from Dementia Inclusive Durham

Easy to Use and Great Customer Service

Very good.

Pros

From an email I sent earlier today: I just wanted to complement your support system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] herself. I admit I've contacted her way more than I should have with questions that had answers I should have found. Nevertheless, she is always really helpful and very nice about it. There are so many companies that don't seem to consider great customer service, and a person to get back to you with helpful answers, all that important. I am so grateful that you do, and that you've found such an excellent person to do it. If anyone asks, I would highly recommend Track It Forward.

Reasons for Choosing Volunteer Time Tracking

Highly recommended.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied October 2020

Thanks Katie! This is great to hear, we really appreciate the feedback!

Kelly from Center for Social Concern, Johns Hopkins University

Simple system, easy to use, customer service friendly

Pros

Track it Forward is a simple platform that allows for ease of use by our staff and students. The reporting features allow us to easily run daily and weekly reports. During initial set-up, the Track it Forward team was extremely helpful too.

Cons

Response from Track It Forward

Replied June 2018

Thanks for your feedback Kelly! We've done some performance optimization on the Organizer Dashboard these last 2 weeks so hopefully you see an improvement on your side! Your opinion is of utmost value to us and we'll keep striving to be better every day.

Kacy from Foothills Christian Middle School

Great Program even for small Schools.

Pros

Cons

While Track-it-Forward has some great features, it was a little too costly for such a small school of ours that is Non-Profit when we only tracked volunteer hours and use it for nothing else.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Thanks Kacy! We try to be competitive with our pricing and are willing to work with your organization if cost is the issue. Please contact our finance team so we can help find a solution for you!

Deborah K. from Hendersonville Area Chapter of the Links, Inc.,

The customer service is quite good. Very much appreciate the speed with which questions are answered

Pros

It's very easy to input the information in to the system. More than fifty percent of the persons in the Hendersonville Area Chapter of the Links are successfully using the software. Where they've had problems, is mis-remembering their password and being able to reset to enter the software.

Cons

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your feedback Deborah! We will definitely take a look at this to see how we can make this more simpler in the future.

Eric from Corona National Little League

Volunteer Tracking and scheduling

Corona National Little League has been using OurVolts.com for about 9 months now with great results. Since we've started using the tool our field maintenance events have been much easier to schedule and has even created a great atmosphere of competition between out maintenance crews. For tracking our snackbar, field maintenance and umpire volunteer hours the mobile app has been a huge success. Simple and easy to use our volunteers don't hesitate to key in their hours. We are looking forward to a continued partnership with OurVolts and eagerly anticipate the enhancements on their product roadmap.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

I'm glad it's working out Eric, I was in little league myself so I know how great what you're doing is, forever memories! I'm glad we're helping to make them more efficient and impactful than they already are.

Susan from McLean Bible Church Clothing Shop

Love OurVolts!

My non -profit has been using OurVolts.com for a year. We did extensive research to figure out what system would work for us. This does! Once everyone adjusted to the iPad instead of the paper and pen, it went really well. Now, when the administration want numbers, I can get them in a matter of minutes. We can find folks phone numbers and send out invites. I find it really easy to use on site and at home. (Some of the less technically minded people have trouble with it but make it work.) The cost is economical and the folks at OurVolts are really helpful - just ask if you have a question.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

It's amazing how one of our technologies, in this case the iPad, really made the difference in your volunteer tracking program. We're happy to support such a great organization!

Maria from Catholic Charities of Baltimore, Child & Family Dv

March 2015

Especially good for multisite organizations

OurVolts is very easy for volunteers and for volunteer coordinators alike. The computer interface is simple enough for seniors to master and the app is great for our next generation volunteers. We use the system to track hours logged by about 100 volunteers performing various roles in 15 different geographic sites. It's brought us into much more regular contact with our volunteers who may be half a state away. Reporting and exporting functions help us see the impact that volunteers are making on a regular basis and it comes in handy when summarizing hours for internships and service learning requirements. Thanks, OurVolts!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Thanks Maria! It's a pleasure having your organizations use us and I'm glad the reports are meeting those requirements!

Glenda from CASA/GAL of Gallatin Couty

Track It Forward is an amazing resource that allows for easy tracking and reports!

Easy time tracking, quick reports and excellent response from TIF support when there was an issue with the website.

Pros

Our volunteers love the mobile app and the ease of using the tool. Our staff love the easy to generate and read reports. The reports make for much easier grant reporting and are saving a huge amount of staff time.

Cons

I wish that I could see the notes for each entry without having to go in as "edit." There may be a way to do this that I haven't figured out - but so far it is my most frustrating aspect.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

We're so glad to hear that your volunteers love it and that it's saving you time! That's amazing! In regards to viewing notes, try through the reports section and make sure you have the activity summary checked off. That may be easier to keep track of.

Steve from Railroad Museum of New England

RR Museum Loves T.I.F.

T.I.F. is really user friendly and a good way to replace time consuming excel spread sheets! As one of the administrators I find it very flexible and efficient. Our members who use it like tracking their own time in this method. Now if I can only get the non-users to comply!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2016

Thanks Steve! For the non-users, in the meantime, you can log them yourself as volunteers without emails, and when they're ready, you can transfer all the hours to them. But yes it is a challenge to get the tech resistant to use something new, and if you have any ideas at any time, let us know and we might be able to make it work for you.

Tonje from Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen

March 2015

This site is the best I have found for our school volunteers

I can not say enough how much easier OurVolts has made my life as the Volunteer Coordinator for our school. It is so user friendly, and gives great data for our foundation to use. I love the integration with the "events" page. Any time I have an issue, the response is usually within the day and with great support until my questions are answered. The creators of this site keep improving based on user feedback, and value their customers and their experience first and foremost.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Always! We build this for you but we it wouldn't be possible without your great feedback and super smart suggestions.

Amanda from Paws 4 Hearts Working Therapy Dogs

Lifesaver!

Our non-profit had been struggling with finding a resource that would make it easy for our members to report the hours they spent volunteering while making it simple for the leaders to view/report. OurVolts has been working perfectly. Members can easily log in their hours from their mobile devices or the website, managers can record hours on a member's behalf and quickly pull reports, and members can be recognized for the hours they report. Great service!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Thanks Amanda! It's great we are able to fit well with your processes, especially one that helps dogs so much!

Tonje from Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen

May 2016

TrackItForward gave renewed life to our volunteer program

Our school asks parents to volunteer 60 hours a year, and prior to using this system, we struggled for a convenient way for our families to log their hours. The information that can then be used for grant writing has been a life saver. I love that there is an app to make it even easier, and look forward to seeing new improvements as time moves forward. The support has been very prompt and personal, and I could not have asked for better responses to my questions and needs. Thank you for creating this invaluable tool!

Jessi from CREW Land & Water Trust

March 2015

Easy to use and great service

As a non-profit we work very close with our volunteers, and OurVolts is easy for me to use as well as our volunteers. I can export data for spread sheets to really keep track of our increase in volunteers and hours. Over all its a really effective site to use, and the customer service is on point. They are personable and always get back to you as soon as possible. Love OurVolts.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2015

Thank's Jessi! You've all been with us for quite awhile and I hope we can continue to support your organization!

Kathy from ReStartup Academy

Quick, simple, and easy!

Pros

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Awesome! So glad to hear that!

Jeff from Operation Mobilization (OM) USA

May 2016

Transformed our volunteer program!

We love Track it Forward' it has transformed our volunteer's experience. (we are a global faith-based nonprofit headquartered in the Atlanta area. We have about 30 volunteers who contribute each month to the US office and many are remote. It makes my job easier to be able to run reports each month which we report to our nonprofit board. Once we run the report we also quantify the dollar value that our volunteers save OM, based on the roles they are doing.

Kelly from THS NHS

Track it Forward Rocks!

I use Track it Forward to manage my chapter of a high school National Honor Society. TIF let's me focus on student needs and not on counting volunteer time by making it possible for students to self manage. I created categories for their volunteer time and TIF does the rest. Love it!

Response from Track It Forward

Replied March 2016

Thanks Kelly! I was in NHS and NJHS myself so I'm definitely glad we can help bring such wonderful programs like this to the next level!

Amber from LMNGBR

Track It Forward has been excellent for tracking volunteer time for our nonprofit organization.

Pros

Cons

Some of our training milestones are little more complicated than the modules are designed for, but it is still a great tool.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

Thanks Amber! Glad it's been working well for your organization. Any ideas you have to improve our milestone feature, feel free to post to our Idea Board!

Lucy from Copenhagen Youth Project

Easy, simple, quick

Pros

It is very simple and easily adaptable which I find useful for both myself and also the volunteers that I manage.

Cons

Nothing - I haven't been using it for very long but so far it seems to be very good although I believe I will lose some features once the free trial comes to an end.

Response from Track It Forward

Replied May 2018

So glad to hear it's been working out for your organization Lucy! We love having you!