• Pros

• "I love the ease of use, both from the administrative side as well as the general user. "

• "Easy to use and well thought out. Customer service excellent and very responsive"

• "I love the ease of use, the great features - like password protection and the communication tools. "

• Cons

• "Would love to be able to arrange shifts in the order I want, instead of alphabetical. There seems to be a bit of glitch with location when one is added, but very easy to fix after the fact."

• "It does take some time getting the jobs and schedules set up, but it's time well spent in the end. "

• "The software is really good, the only issue is I think it could catch your eye more if it had more color. "

Browse VolunteerLocal Reviews

Jana from Youth Emergency Services & Shelter of Iowa (YESS)

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great service

VolunteerLocal has been an invaluable service for Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) and our annual special event, the YESS Duck Derby. The site is incredibly easy to use and the communication features make it easy to share shift updates and last-minute details to volunteers all in one place. I highly recommend VolunteerLocal for anyone managing an event that utilizes volunteers.

Pros

Cons

There can be some clumsiness if you choose to only confirm a volunteer once they have clicked a link in an email to confirm. In the interim the shift does not appear to be filled, so you can end up overfilling a shift pretty easily. It would be nice if it could place a "hold" on the shift for maybe 24 hours or some set amount of time. There is a simple solution to this, though, which is just to change your settings so that the shift is automatically confirmed.

Nadine from The Wharf Rat Rally Motorcycle Association

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Office Manager

This will be our 3 year using this program and the experience has been essential in helping us maintain our volunteer needs. We can identify the positions to be filled, the tasks and responsibilities associated with those positions, the shifts and times we need to fill and at a glance can tell where we have holes in each position that need to be filled. Historically, it has helped us identified activity patterns and this allows us to use our volunteers more effectively.

Pros

The site is really easy to use and captures the amount of detail we need for our 200 + volunteers and the individual jobs that we need filled during the Rally. Since we have been using Volunteer Local there has never been a downtime for accessing the system which spells reliability to us and that is important. On the rare occasion I need assistance, the support staff a Volunteer Local have always been extremely responsive, understand the issue almost immediately and take corrective action or provide assistance the same day. I highly recommend this program to any organization who utilizes volunteers to get the work done.

Cons

I can't really offer a con - every time I have come upon a challenge that I can't resolve, the support staff are a phone call or email away to resolve the issue.

Tammi from Hospital & Health Care

Great customer service

Good customer service and quick response. Easy to understand directions but without that I would have given up on using this option for our event to raise money for food banks.

Pros

The customer service was great, otherwise would not have been successful in setting up

Cons

Delete options were not very visable. Navigating the system to find what I needed or get back to the right page was not easily labeled. As of now, I cannot see who signed up to volunteer, just that the slots are filled.

Reasons for Choosing VolunteerLocal

Seemed as if it had more flexibility with the free option than other sites. We have a one time event to raise money for local food banks.

Tambra from Kindness Backpack Program

I can't say enough good things about VolunteerLocal

We are just starting a non-profit so we are using the free version, yet it looks like we paid big for this platform. As soon as our non-profit actually has money from donors, we will likely pay for this to get the full functionality. I am absolutely sold on this company!

Pros

The VolunteerLocal platform is extremely user-friendly for both the company and the end-users. The set-up process is very intuitive and the customer support is top-notch. It is even easy to find the phone number on the website (a pretty rare thing these days)!

Cons

I can't find anything I don't like so far.

April 2016

Jennifer from Anacortes Arts Festival

April 2016

Great service to many organizations!

I like the ability to look at the dashboard and see where numbers are at whenever I would like in real time. I think that in the communication program, it should list names along with email addresses when you select who will be receiving information. If I have to log out of the communication area to look this information up, I lose where I am at and have to start over again. Not particularly convenient. Also, there should be a way for us as administrators to print name tags for volunteers for specific jobs. With larger events this is very necessary and requires us to export the information and somehow figure out how to integrate with our own database. Mostly user friendly but with the expense of a paid program I think it should be a bit more sophisticated.

Carol from Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church

VolunteerLocal helps us manage an annual 2-week event with 24 hour shifts of 100+ volunteers

This is the best online signup app I found. Key is that it is EASY for the volunteer and there is no need for remembering Yet Another Password. Our volunteers just use their email. And there's a nice smartphone app for the volunteers. The backend is pretty intuitive and powerful. I have managed a large church event that runs 2 weeks with 24 hour shifts for the last 10 years. I have used google forms & spreadsheets to manage most of the years. The past 2 years I have used VolunteerLocal and decreased my workload at least 75%! I would highly recommend this useful app.

Pros

Once I developed the over 400+ event jobs/shifts for our annual church event, I could simple *COPY* the whole event the next year and update the START and END times...Voila! We were ready to go again I loved the export ability so I could create custom reports for different job coordinators as their teams filled out.

Cons

We could only afford the first tier subscription so I could not SAVE reports, but had to create them each time I wanted to run them. (Not difficult, just time consuming) All jobs are shift centric. There isn't a position-type job (ex: Job Planner/Coordinator) that has no explicit start/stop shift. We need that for volunteers who signup to help plan/coordinate the other volunteers in general.

Mary from Adopt a Native Elder

Industry: Computer Networking

Volunteer Local is AMAZING

We put on events every year with, but our biggest event, the Navajo rug show, is our biggest event. We always struggled with our volunteer sign up. Now that we have VL, we are so happy. It makes sign up a breeze. And then let's talk about how GREAT their customer service. The support team has helped out Adopt a Native Elder over the years and we would be nowhere without them. I sing them (and VL) praises all the time!!

Pros

The ease of use with which we can set up an event and staff it easily and accurately. When we first started using it, the software was easy to figure out and even made us think of more things we could use it for. The features are endless, and it is a GREAT value for any event.

Cons

Nothing...there is absolutely nothing wrong with this software. IF there ever was something that I didn't understand, one call to customer support (and the support team) gave me the answer.

jodi from Dole Great Race

Why I like Volunteer Local

Excellent Experience! New features are explained to us by their very knowledgeable and patient staff. They operate on the very highest level of customer service.

Pros

Besides the need to "massage" data anyway I need to (and this is possible), the most important component is the communications tools. Since most of our volunteers are teens, communication with them is challenging. Volunteer Local has met this challenge through their email and texting features, and the new phone app.

Cons

I like everything about the software. I like it more than I did 3 years ago. It has vastly improved through perfecting existing features and offering new features.

Natalie from Colorado Classic

Without Volunteer Local our Volunteer Operations would have been a disaster

I managed 500+ Volunteers over 4 days, 4 cities with multiple jobs and shifts. I have been in events for a long time, but have not managed this many people before on such a public and visible scale (professional bike race). I didn't realize how much I needed Volunteer Local until I was in the middle of using it. I assumed I could manage it with spreadsheets, but thankfully the organization purchased a license. I don't think could have managed this without Volunteer Local. Without a doubt I would use it again. It was easy to use. I probably should have spent the time to watch a orientation or welcome video but I did not. It was intuative enough that I just figured it out on the fly.

Pros

Cons

Nothing, I think this software would work well across many different applications / events

Sam from Queen City Mischief & Magic

Great Volunteer Management Software

We are a non profit community festival and use VolunteerLocal as a sign up form for our 100+ volunteers. The Volunteers report the software as being easy to use and for the free version, we get a lot of features that help make my "job" easier.

Pros

I appreciate the dashboard and the way that volunteers can be viewed quickly as well as the opportunity to see what shifts are still needed to be filled at a glance.

Cons

Setting up shifts is a little clunky, but doable. We are using the free version so I know there are updates for the paid versions that we do not have access to that would probably help that.

VolunteerLocal meets all our needs

We manage over a thousand volunteers during a 3-day event, recruiting them in the 3 months prior each year. With the help of this software, one volunteer coordinator is able to handle all the needs of our volunteers on a part-time basis. The VolunteerLocal team has always been able to help me get they system set up for the next year quickly and easily. They have resolved any issues I've raised within a day or so. I couldn't ask for better service.

Pros

I like the flexibility of this software to handle unlimited volunteers in many different jobs and shifts. I also like that we can communicate directly with specific groups of volunteers - eg all those in a particular shift or job, and download lists of volunteers for almost any purpose. I also love that each year, we can copy over everything we set up for the previous year, which makes it very quick to get going. I appreciate that the sales and service is handled by just a few key staff who understand the product very well, so I can build a relationship with them and get quick answers to my questions.

Cons

We've been using this software for a few years now, and most of the issues we came across were fixed quickly. The only ongoing issue has been an inconsistency of fonts and sizes of text on the integrated part of our website and in some outgoing emails, and VolunteerLocal has fixed those as needed.

Tara from Peggy Addams Animal Rescue League

Why I recommend Volunteerlocal.com

I recommend this service whenever I can. It's very helpful when collecting volunteers and communicating instructions and details. We use the program for more than just events - we sign up staff members and volunteers for training and have used it to schedule staff interviews too. It's an effective way to decrease the number of times you have to say or email a detail or instruction.

Pros

Ease of use and support. Volunteer Programmers hear from 100's of volunteers a day, especially when recruiting for an event. Sending the link with instructions and confirmation has significantly reduced the number of calls and emails I have to send with the same message. The communication tool is my favorite feature - that and the password protection for certain volunteers roles.

Cons

Would be nice to have an easier way to archive. There a few too many steps.

Marcey from Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original

Volunteer Local a.k.a. Volunteer PERSONAL

Personable service (although sometimes it takes time for a response). Especially nice to feel you actually know me, my organization, my specific quirks. I love all the things the VL program can do to stream-line my job. This year my working hours decreased while my volunteer roster increased!

Pros

Fairly logical program, stream-lines my job immeasurably. I especially like the automated (pre-scheduled) responses to volunteers. What a load off my desk!

Cons

Sometimes I work from home, late at night. Wish I could call customer support when the spirit strikes me!!

Liz from Oxfam Australia

Volunteer Local

Pros

Volunteer Local gives the volunteers control over when and where they would like to volunteer. They are able to add friends which is great and if something comes up they can also cancel their shift. All of this greatly reduces the amount of time my team spends on the phone and talking to potential volunteers. I also love the email feature and birthday notification.

Cons

It does not integrate with our organisations CRM and the label printing function does not work with the volunteer name tags we use. However, these are small things and the benefits of using Volunteer Local definitely out weigh these little things.

March 2013

Chantelle from Alzheimer's Association, Greater Iowa Chapter

March 2013

Wonderful people, AMAZING product!

If you're not using VolunteerLocal, you should be! This product has been so perfect for our small nonprofit. I went from sending at least 5 emails back and forth between a potential volunteer and trying to manage a 150-column, 5-page spreadsheet (and that's on legal paper) to simply copying and pasting the link and letting volunteers do it themselves! I can easily pull weekly reports to track our recruitment progress and send emails out when needed! Couldn't ask for a better product and so proud to call them a part of our Des Moines community.

Pros

VolunteerLocal features a simple, user-friendly interface with features even in the free version that you have to pay for with every other online volunteer system (unlimited jobs, shifts, volunteers!). You can define what information about each volunteer you want to receive, set maximums for each position, and copy jobs and shifts so you don't have to recreate the wheel for similar events. Features increase with the paid versions including the ability to blast emails to volunteers, multiple users managing different jobs, and event check in. THE single most important pro is the people! The team is a group of local developers who regularly seek feedback from the community about how to improve their product, and it shows in the execution! Kaylee is SO receptive to customer needs and easy to work with and I look forward to every time we talk.

Cons

Haven't found one yet!!

Melanie from Platte Valley Literacy Association/CCC-Adult Education

Great addition to our volunteer program

I use this software with a wide range of age groups. People can access event information and sign up for volunteer positions without having to send me a personal email. In this day and age, having an easy signup page is really important. I give my volunteers the option of registering personally with me or to using Volunteer Local. Having these options appeals to more types/ages of people and my volunteers like that.

Pros

This software is easy for my volunteers to use. I can send them a link and all they have to do is check which job/shift they want and type in their name and email. I have a number of volunteers who are not good with technology, so this is very important. I also like that it sends them an email with their shift information right away. I like that I can put lots of detail about the event and each job position so volunteers have access to enough information to make a good decision. I like that I can add volunteers myself, if they choose to email me instead of use the VolunteerLocal page.

Cons

The layout of screens and links when setting up an event is not always intuitive. It isn't always easy to find what I am looking for.

Ronda from American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation

North America's Largest Cross Country Ski Race uses Volunteer Local!

The software is so easy to use! Which translates into the ease of coordinating 3500 year-round volunteers, and knowing at-a-glace what areas need attention, makes my job a lot easier.

Pros

Cons

Does not include the "members" as recipients of messages sent out by me/the admin, in areas they manage.

Heather from Kabbalah Centre International

June 2013

Reviewed Many other sites... ease of use was key!

We have 3-4 day events with hundreds of volunteers. We needed something easy for them to sign-up on, but robust enough for us to track data. We didn't need to a lot volunteer tracking over the course of time...so this was a great fit!

Pros

I had been asked to review the volunteer management sites out there (found a great list of 'all' of them, or at least most). I narrowed it down to 5 and signed up for free accounts. VolunteerLocal was the first to respond to the fact that I signed up for an account, and were certainly much better than the other sites at working with me, understanding our needs, and letting us know how the website would fit our needs. I also appreciated that fact that they were willing to help resolve some of the issues we had. It certainly made me feel comfortable in recommending VolunteerLocal. The interface is very clean and simple, and as my rep could tell, I was answering my own questions soon after I sent them.. The developers seem to have thought of everything that I can think of so far! Kudos!

Susan from canfitpro

VolunteerLocal has the best customer service I have ever encountered!

We are able to organize and track all of our volunteers from our events across Canada!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and it has all of the features we need to manage our volunteers. We are the largest fitness education provider in Canada and we host events from coast to coast. VolunteerLocal allow us to manage all of our events with ease. The support of the team is amazing she is able to help me with every request to make our events run smoothly.

Jeffrey from Habitat for Humanity

Great company

The convenience for us and our volunteers to sign up. Our volunteer program was recently highlighted at our conference in DesMoines. Part of the presentation was that we used your program and how much we like it.

Pros

The convenience and ease of how to use it.

Cons

When it needed to be updated. That could have been handled better.

Scott from Kluane Mountain Bluegrass Festival

VolunteerLocal... I would not run an event without it.

Historically, the job of volunteer coordinator is a labour-intensive, time-consuming job. VolunteerLocal is a transformational tool... not only for securing volunteers, but to recruit a volunteer coordinator.

Pros

Single purpose software solution that: ~ is based on the key features of self-registration and self-scheduling ~ has a very reasonable entry level price point ~ is simple to use, yet provides good user flexibility ~ provides excellent and timely support ~ our volunteers love to use!

Cons

Can't really think of any. It would be helpful to have some type of simple Gantt Chart application to build and modify the projects jobs and shifts. And to be able to PDF so you can add as attachments to the system.

Katie from Pasadena Tournament of Roses

The BEST Volunteer Management Tool

We use VolunteerLocal to sign up volunteers for all our Rose Parade committees, and it allows me to grant permission to the committee leader to reach out to their specific volunteers, which is really great because it gives them some ownership and frees up my time for other projects. I've used it for 5 years now and it fits our needs perfectly.

Pros

So many things: ability to communicate to all volunteers by job or shift, and to provide that capability to sub-users flexibility with the registration page, can be sorted by date or by job ability to add specific details for each job or shift

Cons

I can't think of anything that frustrates me, and they are so responsive when I have a question or suggestion.

We love Volunteer Local!

We have had nothing but a positive experience with Volunteer Local! After doing a lot of research on similar software, we were happy with our choice to move forward with Volunteer Local as a free service, but found it was more than worth the investment of the paid service as well. Our volunteers always tell me how easy it is to use, too!

Pros

This program is so easy to use for me as an event organizer, and we constantly get comments from volunteers on how easy it is to sign up! Whenever we need a question answered, Volunteer Local is there within minutes to answer it. The team is always great whether we reach out via phone or email.

Cons

We are looking in to adding a few features for our festival next year, but wish a few of these were included in the package (text messaging, password protected jobs, etc.)

Jean from Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

VolunteerLocal makes our events easier!

We have two very large events that require over 100 volunteers for each day of the event. VolunteerLocal makes it much easier to keep organized. It's great to be able to have more than one administrator have access since we usually have more than one person heading up our volunteer teams. Communication is key and keeping everyone updated is much easier with VolunteerLocal.

Pros

Having an online portal for volunteers to sign up on is much easier to maintain than trying to keep all the many volunteers information on a spreadsheet. Plus, being able to communicate with volunteers through the website is an added bonus. It's great to be able to see exactly what jobs are being fulfilled and what you still need to get volunteers for too.

Cons

Sandy from Santa Fe Thunder 1/2 Marathon and Gerald Clay Memorial Basketball Tournament

Love this team!

VolunteerLocal is the best volunteer registration system there is! I have been using this registration system for the past 6 years, for more than one event, and I have found this very volunteer friendly. I also have needed tech support to help with some changes and editing, and the fast response is impressive. The whole staff is friendly, understanding and pleasant to work with. VolunteerLocal has set high standards for the quality of their product and it shows. So happy to be a customer!

Pros

How easy it is for volunteers to sign up.

Cons

Sometimes the changes I need to make aren't obvious, the path isn't clear, but a tech support conversation clears my confusion quickly.

Colton from Kansas City Sports Commission

Easy and Efficient!

Pros

I like being able to see the report section and easily knowing the percentage of volunteers for each shift/position - makes it super easy to keep track of things. I enjoy the platform and working with you all!

Cons

I don't have any cons of this platform, as I have been able to quickly learn the ins and outs of the system.

August 2014

Jo from Red Bull Defiance

August 2014

Great service for events based volunteer manage, a pleasure to use, even over the sea to New Zealand

After searching through various volunteer management resources and having used google docs forms and spreadsheets for the past few years, it has been an absolute pleasure to find a system that works so intuitively and successfully. The support has been amazing from the start and I look forward to using the service for all events. With a free upgrade to enable us to try out the features of the discover level it allowed me to see how easy it will make my life to recruit, manage and place all volunteers for event. The biggest time issue I always found with spreadsheet system was not gathering enough data from the volunteers and then placing them in a job that was not suitable/ they were not suited to or they were unable to do. With the online system, people can see exactly which shift they are accepting and the email confirmation allows me to see that their email address is correct and that they are fully aware of the shifts that they have taken on. Thank you for making my working life much easier, it allows me to put more time into areas of importance, finding prizes and thank yous for the volunteers, rather than moving names around a spreadsheet and trying to guess which role a volunteer would like to do. I would recommend this service to anyone looking to streamline their processes and provide a top line service to our important volunteer force.

James from Utah Transit Authority

Great Customer Service!

My overall experience has been great. We've been using VolunteerLocal for about 6 years now and the product they present is easy to use and cost efficient. I've had to train other users in my office on how to use their software, which has been very simple because the software is so simple to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new enhancements. The folks at VolunteerLocal listen to their customers and are generally quick to add features that have been submitted to them.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any that I don't like about VolunteerLocal.

Katie from North Liberty Betterment Group

Flexibility is the name of the game.

VL's online volunteer system works perfectly for our annual summer event, NL Blues & BBQ! We needed a flexible system that worked seamlessly on both the volunteer end, as well as our organizations end for reporting, tracking of t-shirts info, groups, etc. Their help, flexibility in making the system fit our needs, and customer service has been fantastic and well worth the money! I foresee using VL for all of our current and future community events!

Pros

That there is flexibility built in that we didn't even know was possibly until the situation showed itself. Customer service worked patiently with us to make it all work seamlessly and quickly!

Cons

Not sure that I can think of any....so far it's all worked very well, from set up through reporting.

Laura from Wharf Rat Rally Motorcycle Association

VolunteerLocal

Our team leaders like to see the next-day's shifts and rosters, and these were so easy to produce!

Pros

The ability to see empty shifts easily is a huge asset when you have someone on the phone who would like to volunteer, but is unsure where. Being able to add in a job role is great as people can read over each role to decide where to volunteer.

Cons

When a volunteer asked when his or her shift was, I had a hard time finding the pathway into that information, on many occasions.

Easy to use and helpful for recurring events,

Simplified volunteer management. Repetitive events benefit by having information available from previous events to copy.

Pros

Easy to use interface that makes managing volunteers a snap. Easy to customize to fit event needs. Handles information year-year so setting up the next year's event is simplified by understanding schedules and needs. Like the ability to communicate with volunteers. Good value and product.

Cons

Some elements take repetition to remember where they are located on the menu. Some items aren't intuitive enough.

I've used VolunteerLocal to manage volunteers at a large-scale music festival.

Pros

As far as volunteer management softwares go, VolunteerLocal is good! Features I like: - Fast and smooth - Easy to use - Flexible reports can be pulled as Excel sheets when needed

Cons

- Check-in portal doesn't always make it easy to find/filter individuals when checking in large numbers of people over a period of different shift times - Isn't easy to view a report of what volunteers are scheduled when (if dealing with several hundred volunteers in one day w/ lots of deployment locations)

Katie from Seabury Hall

Volunteelocal made my life easy!!!

VokunterLocal has made my job as s volunteer easy and my volunteer duties no longer dictate my time and energy.

Pros

Vokunterlocals software is very user friendly on the back end as well as the front end of the website. Organizing and sending out information to my volunteers is easy and quick.

Cons

The site tracks active volunteers only. Our event requires tracking of people who have not volunteered and tracking this people is difficult since VilunteerLocal tracks someone who has signed into the system. I have over 1500 volunteers that I have to track for our event. Usually I only have about 100 not sign up. Those are pretty good odds!!!

Franz from UNFI

Support lacking

Great options and features, but customer service slow and insufficient

Pros

A lot of features that other programs don't have

Cons

can't get to where you need to directly, often have to go back to the start. Not intuitive description

Kevin from MIS

Love VolunteerLocal

VolunteerLocal makes it easy to manage our 1,000+ volunteers working at the National Catholic Youth conference. The software is great and the support from the VolunteerLocal team is outstanding?

Pros

Ease of use, ability to build a complex volunteer team and time slot structure, and ability to communicate from the software to our volunteers.

Cons

We have had really good experiences with VolunteerLocal over the last few years. The things we don't like have always been addressed.

Jess from Oxfam Australia

Industry: Fund-Raising

Changed our entire work process.

Having a central place to store, locate and alter volunteers is revolutionized our business process.

Pros

Volunteer Local is a user friendly, centralization system that has revolutionized our working system. The report function and easy editing make the system super worthwhile.

Cons

Sometimes the functions can be a little confusing, but on the whole it is fairly easy to use.

Sally from Community & Family Resources

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great Resource!

Pros

Our non-profit agency only holds a couple events per year, so it's great to have a free option for volunteer management that includes reporting and the ability to customize things exactly as we need. We have been very happy with the service and ease of use. It's got everything we need!

Cons

I would like the ability to copy jobs from one event to another, but understand that's a feature available on paid plans.

Sandra from San Diego International Fringe Festival

Industry: Performing Arts

Best of the Best!

My most important benefits include less time commitment in scheduling volunteers as they do so on their own. I only need to help the few who have problems. It lets me block those volunteers who want to come back by letting me know they've reapplied. It allows for easy to canceling, rescheduling, and helping volunteers. It allows for our site managers to check in volunteers and determine those who are cheating our volunteer system benefits. Plus, it lets me track volunteer hours. There are so many wonderful things that this program does for me, that I had to do by hand in the past.

Pros

Very user friendly for the volunteer coordinator and equally easy for the volunteers, plus incredible customer support .

Marcia from Event

Industry: Music

Volunteer Local is fabulous!

Fantastic!

Pros

Very easy to use to change shifts, for volunteers to register for team leaders to communicate, and more.

Cons

A little tweaking of intrateam communication

Cindy from Urban Impact Foundation

Volunteer Local

We've used VolunteerLocal for several years as a charity for the Pittsburgh Marathon.

Pros

I can log on and easily pull reports of volunteers who have signed up. I really like how you list # of spots available and # spots filled.

Cons

I couldn't find a way to email all registered volunteers directly from the site. It took a few steps to export, copy and paste all of their email addresses into Outlook, which worked fine.

Theresa from Rotary Club of Rockville

Industry: Philanthropy

We love using volunteer local

We are able to cut down on the about of time it takes to manually confirm positions with volunteers. We also love that we are able to run reports to show available and full positions with their color coding. It makes communicating with volunteers much easier than in the past.

Pros

The ability of volunteers to schedule, change and delete shifts on their own.

Cons

Would like an app to go with the software.

Albert from Course Dynamics Race Event Management

Robust and Easy to Use

If I'm going to set up a large event that would involve a large event staff or volunteer corp., I wouldn't use any other platform other than VolunteerLocal. It makes the process seamless and easy to manage our Human Resources.

Pros

- Easy to set up an event and use the tool for managing our people resources. - Robust platform that's flexible in allowing for role and schedule changes. - Allows for customization of sign-up fields. - Easy to copy over the event for the following year.

Cons

It took a little time to understand how to copy events over from the previous year, but the staff was quick to reply and help us out over e-mail or even on the phone from Chicago to Toronto.

May 2013

Kerri from LBUSD PTA

May 2013

A Perfect Fit!!

Having organized many PTA events over the years, I have sampled several online volunteer registration tools, but none passed the test. They were difficult to use and confused an already tedious process. I found gold when I discovered Volunteer Local. Gave them a test spin with our last school carnival and I am 100% sold. It is the IDEAL tool for any event requiring volunteers. The setup was easy, the sign up page was simple enough for novice internet users to navigate, the stats dashboard is awesome and the ability to export volunteer data was icing on the cake. If I did have a technical question, Brian was swift to reply and super great to work with. Thank you, Volunteer Local! We will most definitely be using your product in the future. You saved us time and most of all, sanity.

Pros

- Simple to setup and navigate - Easy for volunteers to get in, sign up and stay informed. - Quick Stats dashboard a big plus - Ability to export data into Excel - Technical support quick and knowledgeable

Cons

- Not one con.

Lucine from TC Running

Best Sign-up Tool I've Found!

Pros

I love the versatility of this program. All of my events are linked. The ability to duplicate jobs from one event to a subsequent event is such a time saver.

Cons

I can't have different logos attached to each event I create...they all share the same account logo which doesn't represent the

Shawn from Frozen River Film Festival

June 2013

Coordinating Volunteers is Now a Breeze.

I highly recommend using VolunteerLocal. It saves time and most importantly sanity. Volunteers find it easy to use and sign-up. And coordinators have so many great tools to make the application fit each unique event. Two thumbs up!

Pros

The application has so many features to maximize simplicity for both the coordinator and the volunteer. There are many tools available to critique and customize the application to fit your event. Its an easy-to-use platform that minimizes the confusion for everyone. You can easily export your data to programs such as Excel for further organization. And, the support team is incredible.

Cons

Its hard to think of any cons considering how difficult coordinating volunteers was before discovering VolunteerLocal. And, If I was to list any, im sure it would be resolved before the next person could sign-up with VolunteerLocal.

Derek from Cisco

Industry: Computer Networking

Volunteer Local for Hopscotch Music Festival

I use it every year. I like keeping volunteer info in a secure place that I can use to keep n contact throughout the year. The pricing model is great for a small festival (300 volunteers) that happens once a year. Many online tools just don't scale down to our level and VolunteerLocal delivers and includes great customer service!

Pros

I like the scale-ability for a festival our size. Once a year and simple shifts require simple solution and you deliver. The site has been very stable. I am able to organize over 300 volunteers over 3-4 days single handily.

Cons

One request would be an iOS based app for the manager, not just volunteers.

Victoria from Grapevine Wine Pouring Society

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Does what it was designed for.

Keeping track of multiple areas and multiple volunteers at an event.

Pros

For someone familiar with the program, it's fairly simple and easy.

Cons

For a "newbie", it can be confusing. A lot has to do with how the event coordinator sets up the sign-up process to sign up for events.

July 2013

Reba from Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music (OFOAM)

July 2013

Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music (OFOAM) loves VolunteerLocal

Before VL, our Volunteer Coordinator relied on emails, phone calls & spreadsheets to organize volunteers for the Ogden Music Festival. Our volunteers didn't have much choice about where and when their shifts were and communication was often confusing. We had an unhappy Volunteer Coordinator and unhappy volunteers! When our Coordinator quit with no replacement in the wings, we thought we'd be lost. Another local non-profit highly recommended your service. In desperation, I signed up for the free version and began creating jobs and shifts. The set up was very user friendly. Our biggest challenge was getting volunteers to use the online sign up, as they had been used to the old way of doing business. Since VolunteerLocal, communication with volunteers has been clearer, job descriptions helped them know what to expect and confirmation emails gave them their schedules without me having to lift a finger! Happy (but looking for a replacement) "Volunteer Coordinator" and happy volunteers!

Bent from Rotary Club of Oakville Trafalgar

Industry: Fund-Raising

Review of VolunteerLocal software

We have now used VolunteerLocal for 3 years and would not be able to manage our volunteer base without it.

Pros

I find it very ease to set up and integrate with our web site.

Cons

Cost - we are a non-profit so every dollar is important

Gillian from Wanaka Trail Ride

Wanaka Trail Ride review

A great, intuitive volunteer management system that really helped us manage our volunteers for the trail ride. Creating jobs, scheduling shifts, communicating with our volunteers and exporting data was so straight forward and made our job so much easier.

Pros

Its so user friendly - really straight forward to get started and up and running. A great tool to have on the scale of event I was working on. 100+ vols.

Cons

I was on the more expensive per event level and found some of the communication tools limiting. I would like to be able to attach docs/photos rather than link to a URL and to be able email individual vols rather than groups. I also wonder if the higher levels give notification when a volunteer signs up or I may have missed this feature.