All SignUp.com Reviews

Benjamin

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time used: Free Trial

Excellent in all respects!

Luis

We utilize Sign Up for volunteers to schedule themselves for events.

Pros

Sign zip is great. The ability to publish a calendar and allow them to sign up for events that they are available for. You're able to create shifts and give them information in regards to the event. We love the abilities to automatically send out reminders to all those who sign up. Sign up truly makes it easy to schedule volunteers. Volunteer can also leave comments to ask questions. Overall Sign up is a great asset to any organization who utilizes volunteers.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of this software. It has truly streamlined our volunteer process and makes their experience easy and friendly. They have enjoyed the ability to plan ahead and feel honored in the process.

Doreen.

Works well for our needs.

It has worked very well for our needs. We have adapted to the downfalls and have worked around them.

Pros

We have used SignUp.com for the past year to schedule our Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meet the Teacher Nights, etc. and it has worked very well for us. We are in the process of renewing our subscription so that we can continue to use the program for all of our events this year. Thank you for providing a very useful and affordable product.

Cons

It would be great if you could customize what you need to see when looking at the reserved slots. Just seeing the initials of the person is not very helpful. It would be better if you could see actual names.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

We felt it was little more user friendly and the cost was significantly less than the other products we looked at.

Todd

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Ads will annoy your volunteers

Its a pretty interface, but the amount of ads are embarrassing. Cancel your membership.

Pros

Nice clean interface with simple event creation and clear calendars.

Cons

Software is EXTREMELY spammy. There are ads ALL OVER the place. Ads are served on the volunteer page, on the admin page and embedded in the emails your users/volunteers get when the sign up. Also you cannot easily embed the signup page into your own site.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

I tried several. SignUp.com has a great interface, but the excessive ads make it a loser.

Response from SignUp.com

Hi Todd - We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience on the site. Advertisers keep SignUp free and low-cost for nonprofits, schools and community groups with limited budgets. Your participants are used to seeing ads on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and unlike those sites, our advertisers are always family-friendly. We've done extensive testing and ads do not affect the participation rates of your volunteers. If you prefer, we offer an ad-free experience for a small monthly fee that removes all ads from all SignUps and Group Pages you organize.

Replied August 2019

Judy

Industry: Political Organization

October 2022

SignUp Saves So Much Time

Pros

I have used SignUp at least 30 times for different events and have found it very user friendly. It's so convenient to email the link to our group of about 300, they just click and sign up for a shift to help at our events. Another very useful feature is that emails are automated for reminders of shifts people signed up for. I would recommend SignUp for organizers of events; it sure saves a lot of time not having to make phone calls to gather volunteers.

Cons

If I did not use the product for a month or so, I have to think a little bit more how to get started. Fortunately they have short videos and a help menu to get rolling.

Karl

Industry: Fund-Raising

September 2022

SignUp is so helpful!

It makes my job of finding volunteer staff much easier.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy using SignUp for finding volunteers for a concession stand we run at the Nebraska State Fair. It lets me know who has signed up, sends reminders to them and a summary for the week. I also like the message feature as it enables us to get in touch with all of our workers efficiently. Thank you for making this available to us

Cons

Some of my volunteers could not figure out how to sign up or delete a sign up they had made. I believe it was user inexperience.

Response from SignUp.com

Karl, We're so happy to hear that SignUp makes your job of finding volunteer staff for your concession stand easier! Here's a help article for participants regarding the signup process - please feel free to share this link with any volunteers that have questions about signing up. It includes a video to walk them through it. https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202401360-Help-I-am-trying-to-sign-up-but-can-t-What-should-I-do- Our support staff can also be reached at support@signup.com, if participants need further assistance or have other questions about how to use our platform. (Typical response is within an hour, during business hours.) Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied October 2022

Kaleena

July 2022

Pros

I love that there are so many sign-up features within this software. Users can manage multiple sign-up sheets, easily edit them as more participants are added, sort as needed, sync to digital calendars, and receive text alerts as dates approach. Creating and organizing events of all sizes is easy with this tool.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about this software. It’s very practical.

Bill

Industry: Fund-Raising

August 2022

Yarmouth Tennis Loves SignUp.com!

We have used this program for three years to sign up volunteers to work at our non-profit parking site during the Yarmouth Clam Festival. It has provided us an easy way for sign ups, reminders, and verification. We definitely will use it again. We couldn't do this with out it!!

Pros

Exceptionally easy signup process! Love the reminders to volunteers and the print out sheets of the schedule are great!

Cons

As the organizer, it took a little time to get use to the sequence needed to set up the schedule, but nothing major.

Response from SignUp.com

Bill, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that SignUp has made volunteer management for your Clam Festival easier over the past few years, and look forward to doing so for many years to come! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied September 2022

Anneliese

June 2022

Volunteer Management Simplified

Really great for signing up for volunteer opportunities, something that is easy to learn.

Pros

Very easy to see how many openings there are and if a task is full.

Cons

Not as visually appealing or user friendly as other apps. Very boring plain text and style.

Mike

Industry: Music

November 2022

Does what's needed, for free

It fills a need in a volunteer organization, and does it well.

Pros

I've used signup.com for years (since before it changed its name) for annual or one-off events. It's fast to set up, and VERY fast for folks to participate.

Cons

The free version doesn't have a lot of useful features, like an assistant. Obviously you get lots of features when you pay. But for a free product, it is very feature rich.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

October 2022

Great for Parent Teacher Sign Ups

Pros

Easy to use, Saved me time, gives participants the ease of signing up at their convenience, allows participants to see all the time options, sends me the final list in an organize fashion.

Cons

Takes a while to enter in all the times for people to sign up. However, if you repeat the event, you can copy/paste the schedule to a different date.

Facilitating Foster Homes for Animals During Pandemic

The Humane Society of southeast Wisconsin issued invitations to animal foster families to use Signup.com as a placement/matching tool for caregiver families and animals in need. With a recent, significant growth of participants and available animals, Signup.com has been an essential tool. We utilize many of the features to provide families with details such as animal age, number of animals, medical needs, anticipated recheck, and environment necessary for fostering. The system was put to the test when pandemic began. WHS was able to place a phenomenal number of animals in caregiver homes in a very short period of time, virtually emptying the shelters and ensuring animals would not be stranded in an institution for the duration of lockdown. A win for all!

Pros

Signup.com allows me to preview animals in need of foster care to make a good match between my caregiving abilities and the animals' needs. There are photo options, care notes, and places to include specific data. Real-time updates eliminate double signups of the past, and prevent disappointment. Users can even make requests for transfer and specify their preferred date, time, and location preference.

Cons

Users cannot access Signup while administrators are updating the entries, which is a minor inconvenience and does not detract from the overall ease of use.

Mira

One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!

As a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.

Pros

1) intuitive 2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers 3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups 4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions 5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary

Cons

A minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.

Sandy

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

December 2021

A Boon for Volunteer Organizations.

I am technically challenged and there are many instances where I need to ask for help. The SignUp team is quick to respond and provide clarity in their responses.

Pros

It is easy to use and I appreciate that SignUp automatically contacts my users with reminders and if there are any changes

Cons

The advertisements that we realize is necessary since this is a free tool. We can get it advertisement free and might do that in the future. Covid has limited our resources.

Response from SignUp.com

Sandy, thank you for taking the time to write a review for SignUp. It's so great to hear that you find our volunteer management software easy to use and our customer support team quickly responsive. We're proud to power the GOOD work of volunteer coordinators like yourself! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied December 2021

Patricia

Excellent!

Pros

Sign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.

Cons

Only at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track.

Response from SignUp.com

Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!

Replied September 2019

Ihor

Industry: Environmental Services

February 2022

SignUp.com is excellent

I am using this software with a nonprofit volunteer organization. We need volunteers to assist students in a program called "Trout in the Classroom" that needs volunteers pretty much Monday through Fridays during April and May. The software allows volunteers to easily sign up (takes less than 30 seconds) and keeps track of the number of volunteers for any given day. It has been very helpful, and I think increased the number of volunteers.

Pros

I was able to set up a sign up for volunteers quite easily. The program allows me to enter information about the event (date, time, location, number of volunteers needed, and a brief description of volunteer requirements). The program tracks the number of volunteers and sends an immediate confirmatory email to persons who signed up as well as a follow up reminder a couple of days before the event.

Cons

I couldn't find anything that I dislike about this software. It is easy for me to enter data and very easy for volunteers to sign up.

Response from SignUp.com

Ihor, thank you for the excellent review! I'm so happy to hear that SignUp is making your job easier and boosting volunteer participation at your Trout in the Classroom event. We are proud to help power nonprofits like yours! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Replied March 2022

Amy

Best Volunteer Management Tool!

We no longer use paper sign up sheets!!

Pros

SignUp.com makes managing all of our church volunteers incredibly easy. The best part is reminder emails are sent directly from them so we don't have to worry about it!

Cons

SignUp.com does automatically sign people up to receive a weekly news email and users have to be sure to un-select the box so they don't receive this. This can be confusing to some users and some others don't want to receive such things!

Response from SignUp.com

Thanks for sharing your generous feedback, Amy - it's a privilege to help people-power your Good work! Paper-free is a fantastic achievement -- good for everyone & our planet!

Replied July 2019

Boyd

Great for HS Reunion Organizing!

I've also used SignUp.com to organize a professional luncheon, and our turnout was higher than ever -- we believe because of the ease of RSVP-ing and paying in just a matter of minutes. Will definitely recommend SignUp.com and use it again in the future, enthusiastically!

Pros

Setting up the RSVP and payment functions (through WePay) was straightforward and intuitive. While not specifically designed for this specific function (a high school class reunion), it worked spectacularly and not only helped people RSVP, but also commit with their payments and get automatic periodic reminders. It took the pain out of having to collect money in cash or checks, and eliminated the need to post "someone at the door" to collect, so that all of us could just enjoy the reunion when it arrived. Also the ability to generate the list of RSVPs (sign-ups) and share with others was terrific.

Cons

For us, gathering RSVPs but also collecting money, the process of going from one to the other could be improved as a few people signed up but didn't pay at first, and others paid at first but didn't "sign up." Once the organizer chooses to collect money, the system should self-configure to guide the end-user (who is signing up) to both sign up and then pay, to avoid having people do one part but not the other.

Suzanne