What are SignUp.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SignUp.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"Love using this software. Easy to use, convenient and extremely helpful."
  • icon"The software's brilliant - I love it - thanks. I used it to manage a roster of cafe volunteers at my local ski club, Mt Cheeseman, New Zealand."
  • icon"This is a fantastic way for our dog rescue group to manage the volunteer shifts/numbers and it allows them to see where they are short or oversubscribed & message or Facebook post for extra help."
  • icon"After set up, it can be hard to navigate back to make changes."
  • icon"I also don't like the automated system generated emails almost every other day. Yes, I am aware that I abandoned my project; please stop reminding me."
  • icon"I found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times."

Browse all SignUp.com Reviews

• Have you used SignUp.com and would like to share your experience with others?

Ben

Excellent in all respects!

Najja E

SignUp does the all the necessary work. It sends out reminders and notifications like an assistant!

Pros

I have a bank of volunteers with whom I work as a nonprofit organization. When a community outreach event comes up and I need to notify volunteers, then I go to SignUp. It's easy to set up, navigate and operate. I create the venue and notify the volunteers right away. The volunteers can sign up by selecting which outreach event, location, and shift they want to volunteer for. Right at their disposal is a complete description of their responsibilities and duites. SignUp does all the work by reminding the volunteers of their assignment via email. As the Executive Director, I too get notification when someone signs up as a volunteer and the reminders that were sent. I can closely track all of the activity, know who has signed up and can opt to generate a sign-in sheet. It's a great way to centralize the nonprofit community outreach activity. It provides one-stop shopping so volunteers can see what fits their fancy. I absolutely love it! It has decreased my admin time by at least one-third. It's like having an admin assistant to complete the work I don't have time to do!

Cons

Volunteers can't find the location/address of the event once they've signed up. It's there, but just appears to be buried and not as visible as it should be. There are too many adds and it makes the page look busy.

Kimberly

Perfect for Non Profits

This is the second year that we have utilized SignUp.com for our fund raiser gift wrap booth and it saves me the administrator so much time and energy as it is easy to use and easy to create. Our nontechnical members can use it and we are able to have instant, accurate information.

Pros

This software was easy to navigate as an administrator in developing the project, and extremely easy to use for our members - including those that have limited computer skills. It easily shows availability, provides reporting and updates immediately.

Cons

Still trying to get it to function on my cell phone for on the go updates. Would love an app for android.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

Ease of use, options, reports, and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to SignUp.com

Ease of use and ability to have instant updates - no more fighting over time slots.

Sandy

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

December 2021

A Boon for Volunteer Organizations.

I am technically challenged and there are many instances where I need to ask for help. The SignUp team is quick to respond and provide clarity in their responses.

Pros

It is easy to use and I appreciate that SignUp automatically contacts my users with reminders and if there are any changes

Cons

The advertisements that we realize is necessary since this is a free tool. We can get it advertisement free and might do that in the future. Covid has limited our resources.

Response from SignUp.com

Sandy, thank you for taking the time to write a review for SignUp. It's so great to hear that you find our volunteer management software easy to use and our customer support team quickly responsive. We're proud to power the GOOD work of volunteer coordinators like yourself! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Kim

Another Software to Get People to Sign Up for stuff

Used Sign Up for alot of stuff until I discovered Sign Up Genius. Sign Up doesn't have the bells and whistles, including collecting payment, like Sign Up Genius does. Sign Up would be great for the most simplistic of sign up lists; nothing to big or with too many selections/options to pick from. Wish the website site had more of a design. It's rather blank looking with just words,, not very appealing. But the functionality ultimately does what it says it will do (and for FREE) which is good all around.

Pros

You can easily transfer an event from one person to another person to be the owner of.

Cons

It doesn't have many special features and setting up repeating items is not as simple as it could be

Response from SignUp.com

Hi Kim - Thanks for being a leader at your school and for taking the time to share your feedback, For clarification, SignUp does allow you to collect funds on the site, and we know how important budgets are so we only pass on the processing fee and don't charge fees ourselves (unlike SignUp Genius charges.). I'm sorry we didn't make it more obvious, but we absolutely do offer a near-instant way to schedule a series of appointment spots - like for parent-teacher conferences, and to set up repeating schedules. Please click Help at the top of the site to learn how or to contact our support team. Since most parents (80%+) will be signing up on smartphones, our screens are designed and tested for clarity and user success. I hope you'll give us a try again in the future.

Replied October 2019

Alexis

Needs improvement

My overall experience has been good, however I think there are many ways this website could function better.

Pros

I like that it is simple enough to understand quickly.

Cons

There is no way to go in and edit a shift on the volunteer calendar. If I need to switch someone's shift, I have to delete their shift and then add them back in. It is also complicated to not allow someone to edit their shifts on the calendar. I had to go through several different steps before I figured it out. I also wish there was a way look up a volunteers shifts by searching their name.

Response from SignUp.com

Alexis, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are constantly thinking of ways to make our platform better, so your feedback is appreciated. On the Participants tab, you can sort the list by Participant Name, # of Assignments, or Last Viewed by clicking the top of the respective columns. Click on a participant's name to see additional information -- contact information, any Extra Info field information (Premium Service), and the participant's current assignments. For instructions and best practices on how to best use our platform, please check out our Help Desk at https://signuphelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or reach out to support@signup.com. You can request to schedule a 1-on-1 coaching call if you'd like a walk-through of our platform. We would love the opportunity to change your 8/10 review to a 10/10! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Sophia

Great for students!

Pros

We love using SignUp.com for quick, to the point, registrations. The calendar function is really helpful for our team and volunteers to quickly see when and what is available. The text reminders are especially beneficial, as we work with students who use their phones for everything! Thank you so much for creating this easy-to-use platform for all!

Cons

We really like using this platform for simple, to the point sign-ups. We have not run into any issues when using it!

Scott

December 2021

Great Product! We use it for all our events!

Event sign up for volunteers. Made it so very easy to manage volunteers and those bringing food!

Pros

Great forms! Great reminders! Easy to set up! Easy to post on Facebook to get people to sign up! Love your site!

Cons

all worked great. nothing was hard to use.

Response from SignUp.com

Thank you for the positive review, Scott! Easy and efficient are our goals, so we love to hear that your experience was nothing short of that. Happy holidays! Tara M. SignUp Marketing Manager

Kristin

Excellent resource!

Great experience. I am grateful for this resource. I very much recommend it!

Pros

Very easy to use both for me and for my volunteers! I loved that it automatically sent our reminders and communicated important information to me about my volunteers and the shifts they signed up for.

Cons

It was hard to figure out how to email my volunteers through the website but, I did eventually figure it out.

Amy

Facilitating Foster Homes for Animals During Pandemic

The Humane Society of southeast Wisconsin issued invitations to animal foster families to use Signup.com as a placement/matching tool for caregiver families and animals in need. With a recent, significant growth of participants and available animals, Signup.com has been an essential tool. We utilize many of the features to provide families with details such as animal age, number of animals, medical needs, anticipated recheck, and environment necessary for fostering. The system was put to the test when pandemic began. WHS was able to place a phenomenal number of animals in caregiver homes in a very short period of time, virtually emptying the shelters and ensuring animals would not be stranded in an institution for the duration of lockdown. A win for all!

Pros

Signup.com allows me to preview animals in need of foster care to make a good match between my caregiving abilities and the animals' needs. There are photo options, care notes, and places to include specific data. Real-time updates eliminate double signups of the past, and prevent disappointment. Users can even make requests for transfer and specify their preferred date, time, and location preference.

Cons

Users cannot access Signup while administrators are updating the entries, which is a minor inconvenience and does not detract from the overall ease of use.

Lisa

Professional Quality

Thank you for providing this service. I am not permitted to pay for a service but this program cuts my workload and provides professional efficient results.

Pros

Ease of use, free service. Easy to navigate for the users.

Cons

Since I am not permitted to purchase software on my own, this fits my needs as is.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

This program was recommended to me by a principal from another building. He raved about the program and I have been using it ever since.

Cindy

Parent / Teacher Conferences

I needed assistance and sent an email. They person that responded was very efficient and helpful.

Pros

The product is very user friendly and there are tutorials if you need assistance.

Cons

I have not had any issues while using this product.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

Another employee recommended giving it a try.

Eric

They've been my #1 choice as a teacher for several years. Fast help response. Will use again!

Pros

I love the service and how it shows status in real time, and parents like the flexibility to rearrange appointments at will. The reminders are a very good thing, and I had zero unannounced no-shows at any appointment. The notification options for participants, being able to send a link in email AND post a button to my website was brilliant. I think I caught every parent I needed to see, and others clearly knew they had the option to meet with me if they wished.

Cons

I use the free service and am unlikely to purchase an upgrade at this time. (I only benefit your company in terms of eyeballs and awareness as my students families sign in, and as I recommend your site to other teaching colleagues.) In order for me to continue to be a devotee of SignUp.com, I need an easier and more obvious way to find the list of parents who signed up with the field that shows who their child is in my class. With today's blended families, parent last names are not an indicator of who their child is. As a middle school teacher with 100+ student on my rosters, I need a fast way to see who the adult is that has made the appointment, as well as who is the child they are coming to consult about. I bounced around your multiple list views and reports before contacting Help. Their response was very swift, (yay!), but the answer was not self-evident to me as a user: I needed to pull up a Check-In report, and there I would at last find the students names shows, as long as I checked the show extra fields box when requesting the report. All told, I figured out the answer over the course of a couple of afternoons, but I admit I was getting frustrated. When I told this to SignUp customer service, the were back to me within minutes and expressed they would look into how to make it more intuitive in the future. One can't beat their responsiveness!

Brynn

Convenient Volunteer Calendar

We are always looking for ways to engage volunteers and streamline the process of communicating volunteer opportunities and logistics. SignUp.com allows us to use a free web-based solution that is easily accessible for our school's parent population, and it makes our jobs as volunteer coordinators much more simple than if we were trying to maintain offline records.

Pros

Our PTO has used SignUp.com for over two years. As a nonprofit serving a local public school, we love that it is free for all of our parents who are trying to help our students and teachers. We use it to track volunteers for all of our projects. It is easy to copy/paste recurring shifts for jobs such as Media Center volunteers but we can also customize the shifts for specific days or alternate schedules. We like that volunteers can make comments for everybody to see (such as, "I can work this shift but will be 15 minutes late."). However, the biggest pro for us is the feature to "group" calendars together. We usually direct volunteers to the grouped URL, and people can then easily see all of the activities or events that are available for volunteering; we have calendars for Media Center, Cafeteria, Book Fairs, Fundraisers, and other special events. We have found that not having to promote separate URLs for each upcoming event has streamlined our volunteer communications and made it easier for our parents to find the task that best suits them for getting involved.

Cons

The mobile version of SignUp.com does not display the details very conveniently for users. For Book Fairs, we list the classes that are coming during each volunteer shift, and we often hear from volunteers who ask us when their child's class is coming because they cannot see the details for the shifts. It seems to require a lot of clicking/navigating to access the specific shift details on the mobile version.

Cherry

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Outstanding Site to help with volunteer coordination!

I have been using Signup.com (formerly VoluneerSpot.com) for 9 years now in my volunteer role as the International Baccalaureate (IB) & Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Proctor Coordinator for our high school. It has been an excellent tool for me and I am most grateful to your team. Signup.com has allowed me to successfully help my kids’ school find parent proctors to help administer the IB and AP tests for the past 9 years. On an average, I needed to fill about 160 proctor spots every exam season which is over a 5-week period in the months of April and May. Signup.com allows me to connect with the parents effectively and efficiently months before the exam period starts. It also helps me manage with ease once the parents start signing up. I especially like the option of being able to lock dates to avoid parents arbitrarily canceling their spots the day before their assignment.

Pros

Ease of use; flexibility in setting up spots; option to lock signups; reports created especially the export feature; being able to monitor who has read the emails sent via the site; being able to send messages and invitations so easily - choose recipients

Cons

The limitation on the number of emails that you can upload all at once.

Response from SignUp.com

Thanks for your Good work supporting the IB and AP students, Cherry! We appreciate your generous feedback and loyalty to our service. For future reference, you may upload an email list of any size to a Contact List and then invite people to your SignUp directly from the Contact List. Thanks for your review!

Replied June 2019

Mira

One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!

As a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.

Pros

1) intuitive 2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers 3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups 4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions 5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary

Cons

A minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.

Paula

I love SignUp.com because it helps our agency organize events and volunteers.

It give us a way to get reports for our events and help us give clear information to our volunteers. I understand the reason for changing the name. However, I like it when it was VolunteerSpot it helped my new volunteers find us easier.

Pros

How easy it is.

Cons

It is really nothing. I just did not like the name change from VolunteerSpot to SignUp. When it was VolunteerSpot it was easier for new volunteers to find us.

Judith

SignUp.com Saves My Sanity

I love SignUp.com! I coordinate volunteers of our local animal welfare agency and low-cost spay/neuter clinic to work our tent at the county fair. With 128 volunteer hours to fill, I know from experience that trying to fill all the slots is a nightmare without you guys. Thank you! You help me keep my sanity during the 9 days of our fair.

Pros

It was easy to upload volunteers from my contact list. Reminders are sent out automatically so I don't have to do it. I can see who is reading the emails I send. The messages sent using SignUp.com look much better than just sending a plain email. I am able to use sign-ups from previous years' events so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just update with the current calendar.

Cons

If I haven't used SignUp.com in a while, it takes me a few minutes to remember how to maneuver the program but once I get back into the rhythm of it, I'm good to go.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

As a non-profit, money is always an issue for my organization. Because so much of SignUp.com is free, I can accomplish everything I need to and the organization is not out anything.

Response from SignUp.com

Thanks for your generous feedback, Judith and for your GOOD work with our furry friends!

Replied September 2019

Doreen.

Works well for our needs.

It has worked very well for our needs. We have adapted to the downfalls and have worked around them.

Pros

We have used SignUp.com for the past year to schedule our Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meet the Teacher Nights, etc. and it has worked very well for us. We are in the process of renewing our subscription so that we can continue to use the program for all of our events this year. Thank you for providing a very useful and affordable product.

Cons

It would be great if you could customize what you need to see when looking at the reserved slots. Just seeing the initials of the person is not very helpful. It would be better if you could see actual names.

Reasons for choosing SignUp.com

We felt it was little more user friendly and the cost was significantly less than the other products we looked at.

Eric

Industry: Broadcast Media

Really simple to use, both as a manager and from the volunteer side.

Pros

The ease of use. We have a wide range of volunteers with a wide range of computer skills. Everyone is able to sign up, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from our volunteers about SignUp.com. The automatic reminders are great, being able to fun reports with hours is really great for tracking volunteer hours. When I run into other volunteer managers looking for a new system, I always bring up SignUp.

Cons

I do wish it had volunteer profile pages. I know not having them is what makes it so easy to sign up, but as a manager I do wish I could gather some more info from our volunteers. Also if it could feed into our database, that would be nice. To be able to cross reference volunteers and donors would be great.

Ashley

Industry: Libraries

Great for small organizations that want to give volunteers autonomy over scheduling

I've had a very positive experience with signup.com and I would recommend it to other people. The free version is definitely worth using and provides and affordable scheduling tool for a small organization.

Pros

This software allows users to set up schedules for people for any kind of projects that they want. My organization has used it organize young volunteers to assist us in events. They volunteers are given a link to the sign up site, which makes sure the only ones given the ability to sign up are volunteers we've chosen or that other volunteers have deemed qualified. The amount of control I have but the allowance for volunteer autonomy is very useful. It was saved me a huge amount of time scheduling.

Cons

I found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times. I think the user interface calendar needs to be more user friendly and less clunky.

Response from SignUp.com

Hi Ashley - Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to learn more about the activities you were scheduling and perhaps we can share some best practices to speed/simplify your planning and setup. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. Thanks for your Good work in your community!

Replied August 2019

Show Up Improvement

It has helped our Latinos in Action Program here at Kearns High tremendously! We do a lot of service projects, service activities, social and cultural activities as part of our class. Before, we would print out a sign Up sheet and pass it around the class. Students would only be able to sign up when they came to class and would forget they did. They would also have things come up and not tell me, which is infuriating. Our show up rate was very low and not very good. We'd get 20 people to sign up and only 5-6 show up. This past year, we switched to using Sign Up .com, and our show up rate has increased dramatically. Students can sign up when they see a new activity posted, get reminders and communicate if they can't make it anymore on their terms, which makes things so much easier for me as a teacher. I have encouraged all Latinos in Action Programs to use it! I highly recommend it!

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. The links make it easy to use and for students to access.

Cons

Sometimes I would get cancellations but students did not cancel.

Sue

I used this in my classroom mainly for parent teacher conferences. Once I had to be gone for a week from students so I was unable to send out regular paper notes. This is when I found Sign Up. I was able to send my parent conference notification and sign up list electronically. Within the week most parents had already signed up and I was ready for conferences though I had been away!

Pros

I loved this software because it allowed parents in my classroom to sign up for parent conferences, party items, and just overall information regarding special events in my classroom. Parents signed up for a time slot or an item to bring so that another parent would not sign up for the same item/time. It was so easy--no notes to send home, no reminders that had to be printed. Sign up even emailed the parents when their conference/item was due!! So easy!

Cons

It was a little difficult to figure out at first. It notified me that the invitation had been sent, but it did not always let me know when a parent signed up. Sometimes, I checked it periodically to make sure parents were signing up. Perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Patricia

Excellent!

Pros

Sign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.

Cons

Only at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track.

Response from SignUp.com

Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!

Replied September 2019

Elise

signup.com review

its great - it allows us to publish a roster in advance, and vary how many volunteers we would like each day. Then once we email the link to members, they can easily see which spots are available and commit to one.

Pros

the software's brilliant - I love it - thanks. I used it to manage a roster of cafe volunteers at my local ski club, Mt Cheeseman, New Zealand. Setting up the roster is straight-forward, and its really, really easy for club members to click on the link and choose a day to volunteer. The system then automatically sends them a reminder, and tells the administrator if anyone has cancelled. I liked that the administrator is the only one who sees people's email addresses, and that people signing-up to volunteer don't have to register or provide passwords to log-in or anything cumbersome like that - just name, email and phone number.

Cons

Editing the roster took a little bit more time to figure out than setting it up in the first place, but it was still easy

ease of use