• Pros

• "The software is mostly intuitive, and it's basic deign makes it easy to navigate. "

• "The web template produces clean, professional and easy-to-navigate sites and it's really user-friendly; "

• "Very affordable. Simple menu system. Calendar categories are great."

• Cons

• "The design of our website is a great improvement on our old one, but we sometimes find some elements of the core structure a bit restrictive."

• "It is fairly limited in its function, although we do not have the need to add any 'bells and whistles' so at this time it is not an issue. "

• "Calendar - would be great to see months in advance and archived Less flexibility with graphics throughout website. Colour distorts on banners - phasing to grey, it stops pictures popping. "

Browse White Fuse Reviews

Arash from Voxbone

Great website solution for smaller organisations

White Fuse's software is a pleasure to use and they supported us through the process, and continue to provide ongoing support and new features, which mean we're continuously improving the website and the experience it provides to our service users and prospects. They have helped us to expand our reach and everyone who visits our site says tells us how great they think it looks!

Pros

The White Fuse platform is clean, intuitive and a pleasure to use. Everything is set up to just work, so you don't need a lot of technical expertise to get started. White Fuse guided us through the process, helping us figure out which pages/sections we needed on our site, who our different audiences are and what should be our CTAs for each. Because it is a managed solution, White Fuse takes care of the back end and ensures all security is up to date, which is a huge peace of mind for us, as we had previously suffered a massive data loss after our previous website's security was not properly maintained by the freelance developer who coded the site. Our Account Manager has been excellent and is always on-hand to help us with any annoying questions I might have. He also helped us a lot when we were getting the site set up and built a lot of the pages for us once we had discussed the information architecture together. He had plenty of great insights into how we could make the site better throughout the process. He also keeps us informed of new features on the roadmap, some of which we are very excited by.

Cons

Because the platform is designed for those who don't have a great amount of time/expertise in website design, the options for customisability are on the more limited side, meaning various White Fuse sites can look quite similar in terms of the layout/design. However, in the time we have been a customer, they have added a lot of new features and continue to do so, now that the platform is established.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the glowing review Arash. It was a pleasure to work with you on the project. We appreciated the various points of feedback you gave and we were really pleased to be able to bring some new features to the platform that you could start using. We plan to keep adding customisation options without undermining the ease of use.

Grace from the yellow rocket collective

White Fuse is excellent in every way. Simple to use, fantastic features and impossible to get wrong.

I needed to rebuild Liberty Tea Rooms' website. Finding White Fuse was an absolute God-send. White Fuse saved me so much time. Something that usually takes me 1-2 weeks took 3-4 days. White Fuse makes it possible for multiple users to keep the website up to date. Even better I can rest assured that other users, while being able to make the changes they want to, won't be able to break the website. I really love White Fuse, and as I build my own company working for small charities I'll be recommending White Fuse as it's a brilliant piece of software that really opens doors for small charities. I think it is truly fantastic!

Pros

White Fuse is brilliantly designed & is really user focused. I love that it has the needs of a small charity at its heart. I've used a number of different website building tools and even though I have years of design and computer experience, building a website is always a challenge. White Fuse takes all of the complications away and gives you the tools you need to build the perfect website. The website you get at the end really is perfect, it meets all the criteria for how to build a website. I particularly love that it forces you to use consistent branding. It means I know for certain that the website will always fit the charity's brand. White Fuse makes Liberty Tea Rooms & Community Hub's website look & feel like a big charity's. Integrated giving & built-in ticket management are website tools it would be near impossible to get: not just at such a good price, but also so simple to use. Since finding White Fuse I've been impressed every step of the way. The team are always at the end of an email or call answering my queries straight away. It's like having your own personal developers. White Fuse is noticeably different because it's a social enterprise. LTR uses another piece of software built by a small company - White Fuse is being developed & improved much faster and with a greater focus on the users. Thank you, White Fuse, for making it possible for LTR to have a fantastic, intuitive, "big charity website that's a win for everyone at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I think a downside is having to wait for developments! But honestly, White Fuse is so good at taking on feedback and updating the software. Specifically, integration with MailChimp would be fantastic. Users being able to set up their own fundraising pages with target donation amounts would be amazing. Being able to track what the money has been donated towards is key for us. Especially at the beginning of building a charity we ran a number of campaigns to be able to purchase specific elements so it would be good to be able to track the giving in this way.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied September 2018

Thanks for such a great review Grace. We have tried hard to make the platform well designed and easy to use so it's encouraging to get such positive feedback. It's also good to know that you appreciate all the integrated fundraising functionality. Get in touch if you have any ideas for new features we can add in the future!

Emma from The Welcome Centre

New website has made a huge difference to our charity

White Fuse has given us great support throughout the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been on hand to answer many questions, often simple ones as we had no previous experience of creating a new website. They offered suggestions and advice on how to make best use of each area. Apart from a few expected teething problems, the process has been much easier than expected and we're really pleased with the new website for The Welcome Centre.

Pros

The website is easy to navigate, simple to use and keeps things looking fresh. The integrated payments made a huge difference to our charity and gave us a significant increase in donations following the launch. Layouts are simple to use and keeps a consistent format. Liked the different layout styles such as stories, news etc and how the priority items appear on the home page.

Cons

Getting the right images/banners to work across all platforms took forever, even when using all the guidance. Wasn't perfect when we went to launch still. The ease of splitting a page, adding columns to make things even etc was a challenge as we had not coding expertise. Previous websites have allows a simple "insert column" option that enables the page to be split any way you want it. Some of the layouts we wanted to duplicate for another part of the website but this wasn't an option. Needed bit more flexibility for some of the functions.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied May 2019

Thanks Emma. So pleased to hear about the impact that the integrated payments system had on your donations. We've noted your feedback about images and columns. We've actually just rolled our some improvements to the ways banner images are displayed and we'd love to add some more friendly column management in the future so will keep you up to date.

Kate from BAPM

White Fuse website and database platform

Exceptional customer service, always willing to suggest solutions or work arounds when needed. I have recommended them to others many times.

Pros

It is very user friendly, the website looks great and overall it meets the needs of our small company.

Cons

The functionality of building queries is a bit limited.

Reasons for Choosing White Fuse

We already had a white fuse website that we were very happy with and were pleased to work with them again to get a combined website database system.

Jackie from Camden Carers Centre

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The good and the bad

Good customer service and support. Reliable and helpful.

Pros

Very affordable. Simple menu system. Calendar categories are great.

Cons

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review Jackie! It's great to hear that you think the platform is really good value. In relation to your specific criticism about banners having an automatic grey overlay to darken them we took your feedback on board and recently released an option to turn this off. I will drop you a personal message with instructions on how to do this. And if you have any other feedback please keep it coming!

Emily from Refugee Support Network

Easy to use and professional websites, and a great company to work with

White Fuse are friendly, responsive and professional. Their products and support services are high quality and we value their ethos and commitment to shared learning and the organisations they work with. They regularly offer suggestions about how we could improve our website to meet our objectives and it's great that they're providing cost-effective and easy-to-use services for the charity sector.

Pros

As a non tech person, I've found White Fuse websites really intuitive and easy to use. If I don't know how to do something, it's easy to find the answer I need on their help pages or by contacting them for support, and it's not complicated to add or change content. Working for a small charity with a limited budget, I appreciate the way we can have a professional and clear website with minimal effort on our part, and we've been pleased by the way it's enabled people to engage with us and support our work through donations and volunteering.

Cons

Sometimes there are things we'd like to do with our website that are a bit more bespoke to our needs. White Fuse are always responsive to the developments that their users would like to see and are always looking to innovate and improve things for everyone using their websites.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied September 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review the White Fuse platform Emily! It's great to hear that the platform works well for Refugee Support Network. We always want to hear about your bespoke needs so feel free to get in touch with any ideas about new features that might be useful.

Alex from Step Together Volunteering

Simple to use but effective and professional website - would recommend White Fuse

White Fuse have been extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. The website is high quality, cost-effective and really intuitive to use.

Pros

As a small charity with limited resources, it has been great to have a website that is professional and very straight-forward to use. White Fuse provide all the tools you need to easily add and edit content and you can also have multiple users who can update the website. If there is anything I can't do, they are always there to offer support and guidance over the phone or by email.

Cons

It can be limiting if there are bespoke features you would like for your website, however White Fuse are always open to feedback from users and developing new updates.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review Alex! It's great to hear you find the platform easy to use and value our support. We hear you that the platform occasionally feels limiting. Please don't hesitate to get in touch when that happens so that we can consider your needs as we roll out new features.

Imogen from My Life My Choice

Very Good

We are a relatively small charity who use White Fuse to create and maintain our website. Overall they have been very good; although using White Fuse does limit the website functions a bit compared to just using word press, the easy of maintaining and updating on a day to day basis with White Fuse, and the fantastic customer support we always receive far outweigh any drawbacks.

Pros

Makes the website dead easy to maintain and very handy to have someone on hand if anything ever does go wrong

Cons

the functions available through white fuse are more limited than through wordpress generally so we sometimes have to do things in a roundabout way.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for such a positive review Imogen - that's really encouraging! If you have any specific ideas on ways we can learn from Wordpress's flexibility without compromising on the simplicity and easy of use you love please let us know.

Lauren from HealthProm

Small charity user

White Fuse is great to work with. Their support team is very helpful whenever we have an issue or need help with anything. They also respond very quickly, which is great. They also regularly roll-out useful new features.

Pros

We used White Fuse for the design, build and support of our website. We love that our new website is easy to update and maintain. Even for people who are not particularly computer savvy, we find it very simple to upload new content and make changes. We also really enjoy working with White Fuse. They're very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Cons

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the great review Lauren. We're glad you find the platform so easy to use. As you know, we're always ready to listen to feedback and suggestions for future improvement.

Gerri from Global Health Film

Great product, great team

We've been working with White Fuse for nearly six years. A really professional yet friendly and approachable team to work with - forward-thinking and solutions-focussed. They also offer excellent customer support and a very prompt response rate.

Pros

Cons

I find using tables is unwieldy and neither user- nor audience-friendly

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for the review Gerri. We really appreciate it!

Joshua from TowerProject, East London, Tower Hamlets

Industry: Individual & Family Services

White Fuse Review

As the Marketing Officer, I joined the process with White Fuse media halfway through, so I cannot comment on the initial stages of the process. However, since joining my company, I have worked with White Fuse to get the website up and running as quickly as possible and have found representative and his team to be helpful and efficient in doing so. The team was quick to get back to me when I had any issues and were informative in terms of what content we should provide them with. The only negative I would raise was the fact that I was mostly diverted to one of their documents on their website when I had an issue rather than them walking me through it themselves. Although this still enabled me to finish the task, it meant the process was drawn out further for me, rather than them.

Cons

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review Joshua. It's good to hear you found the software mostly intuitive and easy to navigate. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with ideas if you find that, as your needs develop, there is anything that would enhance the website but isn't currently possible. While we are keen to maintain the ease of use, we are always adding functionality so this kind of feedback is very helpful. We'll also take on board your feedback that a bit more hands on support, rather than just help documents, would have saved you some time.

Nicola from Providence Row

Excellent support and great value for money

We have used Whitefuse for the last few years and have always been impressed with the speed and quality of the support they offer, as well as the expert advice. Their tools, templates and resources were incredibly useful during the planning process. The website refresh was completed very quickly and without any issues. They are very good value for money as well.

Pros

It is very easy to use and has built-in help tool, which makes it very easier for new staff to pick up quickly. The website looks slick and impactful. Very pleased with the finished website and have had lots of positive feedback.

Cons

The only issue I've had is some of the WYSIWYG formatting/functionality doesn't work so well on one browser, but it works fine on other browsers.

Andy from Cecily's Fund

White Fuse: an accessible, powerful web platform for charities

Cecily's Fund has ended up with a website that is more attractive, informative, and also easier to update than anything we have had previously. We can always be confident that the system will improve over time, and that any issues we encounter will be addressed quickly and efficiently by White Fuse. It has dramatically improved our digital communications.

Pros

White Fuse offer a web platform for charities that is accessible even for those who have minimal experience of managing websites - without sacrificing functionality. Long before a new website is set up, the White Fuse team help their clients to think in a structured way about what their new website should do, and how this is best achieved. When the website is ready, White Fuse offer excellent customer support, and are gradually adding new features as time passes.

Cons

One or two elements of the White Fuse platform are comparatively under-developed - particularly the database tool. However, I don't think this will be the primary draw for many people considering the platform. Also, it's under ongoing development and may one day help us replace expensive, separate database software we currently use.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied April 2019

Thanks Andy. Great to hear that you think the software has resulted in a dramatic improvement of your digital comms! We've noted that you still see some gaps in the database functionality and rest assured we have a bunch of database related updates and new features coming soon.

Alison from Booktrust

Industry: Program Development

New website for LinkAble

White Fuse have been helpful and supportive all the way through the process. They have been professional and friendly from my first contact with them and I would recommend them to other charities who are looking to develop their website.

Pros

The White Fuse CMS is easy to use and by the most part intuitive. The information provided in the 'Help' section is clearly explained and easy to follow. Whenever we had queries they were quickly responded to by the team with suggested time frames for resolution. The advice given as we went on our journey to populating the website was incredibly useful and has meant we have created a website that the charity is really proud of, that showcases everything we do and that can be quickly and easily updated.

Cons

The White Fuse website was the right website for our charity.

Melanie from The National Caravan Council Benevolent Fund

New White Fuse Website

A really good company to work with, they are proactive, offering suggestion and improvements to the website. Support is readily available and they are always helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend working with White Fuse.

Pros

The CMS is really easy to use, it allows me to make changes and add content quickly and easily. The added CRM database is also really useful, writing data from the website directly to the CRM, helps to keep records up to date and record consents, helping us to manage our data easily. The functionality goes beyond what we require at this stage, so I am confident in the ability of our website to grow with the charity.

Cons

There are not really any cons for a charity of our size, I would like to be able to position images within the cms, but this is a small niggle.

Jonathan from Chichester Rugby Football Club

Rugby Club Membership Software

The team have been great and the software is a vast improvement on our old system.

Pros

It is easy for the club members to sign up and they can manage their own data

Cons

If you want to change the website it takes quite a bit of getting used to, bit once you get the hang of it is ok. Members do seem to be able to mess it up adding two memberships to one person.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2019

Hi Jonathan. Thanks so much for taking the time to review the software. It's great that members can sign up easily and that this is a big improvement on your old system. However, we've noted your comments that there's a little room for improvement when dealing with members signing up for multiple memberships and we will investigate ways to improve that as we release future software improvements.

Marta from UMHAN

I recommend it!

Pros

The interface is very easy to use, the website template is also nice and tidy, our members have been very happy with it! Also, the customer service has been impeccable!

Cons

Nothing major, but for example it would be nice to have more control over how to organise the homepage, e.g. put more tabs on the main menu

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the great review Marta. There are some tools for managing content that can be promoted to the homepage and it's easy to add new top-level tabs to the menu. I'll send you a personal email to help show you how to do it.

Anna from Learn to Love to Read

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Learn to Love to Read

Excellent customer service - friendly and helpful

Pros

easy to use and update webiste easy to customise database suitable for your needs

Cons

couple of issues that the company are already looking at to make the system even better and easier to use

Joanna from Just Psychology CIC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use, attractive website

Our website was extremely out of date and confusing to navigate. This new website allows us to show our organisation at its best, and is much easier for potential customers to use. Thank you!

Pros

It's straightforward to use, the website layout is clear and attractive and navigation is easy.

Cons

There were times when I might have liked a little more control over things, but actually some of that was because there was another way to do things which I didn't know - once I'd worked it out it was fine.

Response from White Fuse Media

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the great review Joanna, much appreciated.

Saima from QED Foundation

Very Helpful and Fast responding team

Pros

The ease of the system is just perfect, it is easy to use and understand.

Cons

Sometimes you can be limited to creativity on the website.

Rebecca from Non profit

Such a helpful team

We have had different issues when uploading content etc, and they have always helped us out.

Pros

It is very user friendly, but has a very professional look.

Cons

There's not really anything we don't like