• Pros

• "I like the simplicity of the design. I am still in the early implementation phase, but I think this will be a great long-term solution for the Foundation. "

• "I like the flexibility that it gives me for process management. So far if I have been able to think of a process that needs streamlined we have been able to make this product fit our needs. "

• "Intuitive interface - exceptional customer support -- easy to manage a huge amount of application data."

• Cons

• "Some elements we would like to customize aren't there yet, but doesn't limit functionality...these are "nice to have but not vital items.""

• "I found the learning curve pretty steep and way more complicated than an old system we used, but I am getting it. Ultimately it will be better. I also with there was an app. "

• "It didn't feel super intuitive to use at first, however the trainings are very helpful and once I got the hang of it."

Browse WizeHive Reviews

Debra from AATCC

Great experience working with Wizehive - knowledgeable, supportive assistance, product easy to use!

Pros

It makes sense - it's easy to use and easy to learn! It has helped me take a time-consuming project (collecting scholarship applications) and simplify the process. Wizehive also comes with a knowledgeable staff, who is very helpful and walks me through the application and review processes. For me, learning a new software program can be daunting, but the software was easy to learn, and the online support allowed me to see and talk through each learning step. It gave me the confidence I needed to make the most effective use of this product for our Foundation scholarship program. In fact, when the Membership Department saw how Wizehive worked for our Foundation scholarship program, they decided they wanted to use it for their student competitions, and their competitions include video clips! This software is very versatile, easy to use, and adaptable to the many situations.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about this software. I enjoy working with it; it has met our needs.

Teresa from Southern Scholarship Foundation

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent customer service

Overall the staff have been incredibly helpful. We worked through our transition with one of their reps named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was so patient with us. With every training a video was created that was posted in our portal allowing us to review if we became stuck at a point.

Pros

We used the Wizehive platform and just recently transitioned to Zengine which is supported by the same group. What we like best is how user friendly it became after our training.

Cons

It does take practice. Because it looks completely different than our previous application it has taken us some time to get used to it. And it is completely different. I think that was what I liked least about it.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

Because of the quality care and top notch service and the product met all of our needs and then some.

Michelle from Green Bay Packaging / George Kress Foundation

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Great System!

Overall, the experience has been great! The team is extremely helpful. My implementation specialist was fantastic! Not only was she a wonderful instructor, she helped to customize our system to fit our needs. She was extremely responsive and made me feel like a valued client.

Pros

WizeHize has drastically improved our application / review process. Transitioning to an online system has helped us organize requests, track and review applications, which has allowed us to make more informed decisions. Also, the GuideStar integration is great. Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful in creating tools and building the best platform for our needs. WizeHize is easy to navigate and their customer service team is available and responsive when needed.

Cons

Some elements are limited, but the overall functionality is great. For example, I was a little disappointed about the letter generator. It's not as neat, easy to use as I thought it would be, but, I was able to find a work around and the team has been extremely helpful in finding solutions.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

I have been impressed with WizeHive since my first phone call. They have a great team. Ultimately, what drew me to WizeHive was its ease of use. Everything makes sense when you're trying to navigate through the system, its clean and simple and had all of the features I was looking for without being too overwhelming.

Not worth the money

Overall, this system is not user friendly. I find myself spending so much time going through their help center documents. When I don't find a solution to my problem, I have no choice but to contact customer service which is a headache. It takes them about 24 hours to reply to urgent matters and most of the time they provide a complicated solution which they assume we would know how to do. We pay thousands of dollars every year not to have 24/7 customer service or for WizeHive not to make better improvements to the system. The only major change that they have done this year was redesigning the login page.

Pros

It does the basics that every other platform does. The application from the applicant side and review portals are easy to use.

Cons

-There's no support provided via phone unless you email them first and schedule a meeting (which takes a few days for urgent matters). -Emails usually end up in spam folders. -You can't duplicate applications or move them to the next year's cycle which is frustrating if you've deferred an applicant. -The letter generator plugin is not the greatest. You can't insert certain information which means you will probably have to do write the letters manually. -Recreating all the forms for each year -Submitted and incomplete (unsubmitted) applications are all saved in one place. -The system does not automatically email applicants about the final decision. You will have to do this manually via your own email. -The survey form has very limited functions. -Applications that are submitted but do not have transcripts and letters of recommendations show up as completed on the back-end. You will have to go through every submitted application to make sure they have completed 100% of your requirements. This again takes a lot of time to go through if you have a lot of applicants. These are just some of the things the system is unable to do.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

We will be switching to a different platform later this year.

Lisa from CCI Research Foundation

Wizehive Zengine Simplified my Life!

Being a new foundation, the WizeHive Zengine platform allowed us to remain focused on building our organization's capacity. This platform has literally saved us hundreds of hours!. My favorite feature is the ability for multiple reviewers to evaluate and score grant proposals via an online portal. This feature alone saves time spent shuffling papers and sending emails back and forth, not to mention greatly reducing our margin of error.

Pros

The Wizehive Zengine platform provided me with a one stop solution for our foundation grant program needs. The interface is clean and simple and it is amazingly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not a "techie." Our client implementation specialist was very service oriented and patient and made sure we were able to competently navigate the platform plus the online support tools are very useful and informative.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about the Zengine platform.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

The WizeHive Zengine platform was simply the easiest to use from an administrative stance. The fact that it was so affordable was a secondary bonus!

Jonathan from Management Consulting

Rapidly Customizable & Scalable Solution with Endless Possibilities

Pros

1. Implement an idea into a fully functional solution in Production within minutes. 2. Correct and modify configurations with clients and end-users in real-time. 3. Designed to empower system owners and administrators to meet the demands of their clients and super users. 4. Ongoing system upgrades and enhancements to improve configuration capabilities of the system and user experience. 5. Direct and quick customer support when built in Help & FAQ aren't able to answer questions.

Cons

While the system's capabilities to scale are incredible, there are some missing features or issues that haven't been addressed yet that would add a greater measure of use by both Administrators and end users. - Unable to conditionally require Date fields to be before or after another Date field - End users are unable to print/save full applications once completed. (Review Portals only recently received this capability) - Workspaces (Databases), are unable to connect to each other to share data and improve reporting capabilities - Built-in Reporting Functionality, while extremely helpful, has limitations that cause it to be very bulky, restricted, and can make it difficult to use - Features and configurations can often be buried deep within menus and take time to navigate to - Unable to bulk upload or download attachments to or from records - Unable to send attachments by Bulk Email - Review Portal, user-directed configurations limited What is extremely important for the reader to understand from my items listed above is that when you have a system that is capable of achieving almost all of your business needs and opens the door to a million possibilities, it can become incredibly frustrating when small or specific aspects of the system are not capable of being configured or scaled. It is the give and take of using an incredible configuration management system. Once you get used to having the ability to configure almost anything you want, its hard not to want even more!

Lacey from Carson Scholars Fund

Scholarship Applications Made Easy

We now have everything related to our scholarship program in one system. Previously, we used Zengine for contact management and Select for our scholarship application process. We recently migrated our scholarship application process to Zengine and were able to provide our applicants and school partners a much easier to use, integrated system that I think makes our process easier on everyone involved.

Pros

We use Zengine as a contact management database, an award tracking database, and most recently, as a scholarship application system. I like how everything is linked and integrated making it easy to pull necessary information for mailings, outreach, data, research, etc. I find that the software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike right now is that I'm not able to pull email delivery reports on auto-emails that are set up based on folder movements. This feature works well with the bulk email feature, but it would be helpful to also have delivery reports for the auto-email feature.

Shannon from Institute of Food Technologists

IFT Wizehive Review

THe experience has been great, very helpful with answering questions, and helping out whenever needed.

Pros

This software has helped us streamline the application and review process into one place. Easy access for staff and members. Great way to track information easily.

Cons

I wish I could move around the work space to my liking after it is created to work with my flow of work.

Jamie from Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation

WizeHive is an exceptional solution

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

The value, customer support, ease of use, customization elements, and ability to handle our capacity helped WizeHive stand out over at least 3 other vendors considered.

Great solution!

We have had a good working relationship with WizeHive. They are responsive to our needs and make us feel like a valued client.

Pros

The software works consistently, is fairly easy to configure to our needs, is right-sized for our organization, and cost-effective.

Cons

Would like a bit more ability for the administrator to make changes at a deeper level of program configuration.

Celeste from Jack and Jill of America Foundation

Simple and Clean

The Jack and Jill Foundation runs about 9 different grant programs each year and these programs overlap with the prior year(s) programs. Using a Grant Management Platform is critical to our success and sanity. We've had much success with WizeHive Select and are excited about the functionality and feature gains for our Applicants, Reviewers, and Administrators using WizeHive Zengine.

Pros

Migrating from WizeHive Select to WizeHive Zengine resulted in a simpler user interface that shows our Applicants and Reviewers what they've completed, what's due, and when - giving us as Administrators control of the language that best resonates with our Applicants and Reviewers and addresses our specific pain points. For example: because we know that mail from the WizeHive Platform could land in spam filters, we add language to the interface at the HomePage instructing Applicants to Whitelist or add to their Contacts the Zengine mailer. The information we've assembled in the Zengine interface to assist and guide our Applicants through the process is always available to them when they login, bringing clarity to the process, and reducing the time spent on searching for this information in previous emails sent. Our Applicants will always know "whose on first" and what next.

Cons

In WizeHive Select I was lukewarm to the reality that our Applicants and Reviewers had to wait for a temporary password to be sent to them when they forgot their password. A change was made with WizeHive Zengine giving Applicants and Reviewers more control over changing their password. Very happy to see this in Zengine.

Hannah from National Lutheran Communities & Services

This interface is easy to learn and use, and when questions arise customer service is very helpful!

WizeHive makes it possible to manage our grant program and the increasing number of proposals that we receive.

Pros

Customer service is very helpful and responsive. They're helpful in answering simple fix questions, as well as brainstorming on how their software can accommodate more complex requests. Very easy to build your own application form, as well as follow-up forms. The interface can be customized to fit your organization's branding. Online help articles are very helpful and easy to follow. Easy to create and customize reports. Easy to create a new workspace - its basically a copy, paste function. Overall - if we were to go through this process again, we would make the same decision to use WizeHive.

Cons

Applicants have to create new credentials every year in order to access their application so, they have separate logins for the year they are reporting in and the year they are applying for - that can get confusing. Yearly workspaces cannot communicate with one another so doing YTD comparisons can be challenging. There are some features, such as the calendar and cascading forms, within WizeHive that I wanted to utilize but were not sophisticated enough features to make it worthwhile. Sending an e-mail to users through the WizeHive app comes from the WizeHive domain and frequently goes to the spam folder. While you can direct replies to an internal e-mail, I would like for the e-mail to also appear as though it was sent from our domain.

Response from WizeHive

Replied August 2017

Hannah - thank you very much for your thoughtful response and great feedback! We will follow up with you directly to discuss further as many of the items you noted have recently been addressed or are our on our near-term roadmap. Regarding the communication between yearly workspaces - this is a key priority for us and is on our near-term roadmap. Cascading forms is a core feature and we'd like to further discuss any issues you are experiencing to see if there is an immediate way to support/address your needs. For clients looking for more advanced calendar functionality, we have other options we can recommend. As for emails, we heard a similar concern from another client, investigated and made some changes to our email plugins that should significantly improve deliverability going forward. Thank you again! The WizeHive Team

Liana from Mandel Institute for Nonprofit Leadership

I don't love this system

Mediocre

Pros

It has most of the features we need for our use, which is an application process. People can log-in and save their status on applications. It can link to get references, and I can get people to review the applications on a review portal.

Cons

This is the least intuitive interface of a system I have EVER used. It is extremely frustrating. You think you remember how to change a setting or edit a direction somewhere, and you realize it could be in one of a ton of different places. It is extremely frustrating to use, and you would think that simple things like easily downloaded all the applications as files to my own computer would be simple, but they are not. Customer support can be okay, it depends on who you get really. The fact that I used this last year and this year had to be completely refreshed because it's so complicated that I don't remember everything is a big issue. And it's not like I can easily problem-solve. I always need to contact customer support, and I can't even call. My colleagues and I can't believe that a minor thing like putting a blurb/direction before a certain section of a form weren't possible! It has to be somewhere else. Some of my applicants have been confused. We probably won't use this again. Again, it is the least intuitive system I have ever used.

Tomoko from Acumen

Implementing zengine from select

There are technical areas of improvement but overall the customer support quality has been excellent. Customer support crew as well as account managers are responsive, helpful, patient and thoughtful. That is one of the best experience of being a wizehive customer so far.

Pros

The two top favorite features of Zengine that did not exist in Select are: 1) Data dashboard and 2) Side by side screen for evaluation form (Review portal). The former prevents us from downloading millions of excel spreadsheet to do data filtering to understand who is coming through our application - and the latter is a much better user experience for evaluator volunteers that we recruit every year. Thank you for these changes.

Cons

I hope there is more HTML/design element we can add on the platform - whether it is form creation, email templates, evaluator form... we use Form Assembly in many parts of our work and it has more design capacity (color, fonts, logo, insert graphics, etc). Also the degree of non-English customization was limited in comparison to our needs and we had to take two of our programs (Spain and Colombia) off Wizehive, which was unfortunate.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

Year long relationship and consistent support we receive. Thank you.

Alysha from Douglas ESD

Wonderful company with lots of flexibility for an astounding number of solutions!

Working with Wizehive has greatly increased efficiency and helped us to organize and analyse data to make more informed decisions.

Pros

Cons

For some of the needs we have had they have had to design custom plugins, BUT this has because a PRO because of the level of service.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

The people, they have always treated us very well and when we have a new idea they are always willing to help us out. They always have a yes attitude!

Alexis from USTA Florida

The best system for both front end user and back end staff satisfaction. Best decision we made!

We use the WizeHive Zengine platform for our grant system. We have both submission portals and review portals related to the two grant programs we provide in Florida. It's being utilized just by those of us connected specifically to the USTA Florida Section Foundation in an effort to manage the grant application and review process.

Pros

- It has made the application, which is almost identical to the application questions previously displayed by our old service, seem less daunting and more user friendly to grant applicants. - The grant review team has exclaimed that the side-by-side review option is the best feature ever invented and has saved them loads of paper. - Internally, I appreciate the ease of use of the back end system. Being able to easily assign grants to reviews both in and outside the organization, easily create queries for the stats I need, and the ability to move application through the steps of the system seamlessly make this my top choice since I'm the only staff member dedicated to the Foundation which leaves me with lots on my plate to balance.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. At this point, I'm thrilled with each of the features and the ease of use of the system.

Shelly from The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation

This software has allowed us to transform the way we do scholarships.

The software has enabled us to streamline our process in many ways, allowing us to focus our time betters serving our students, volunteers, and donors.

Pros

With this software we have been able to expand our program in multiple facets. Not only have we been able to add more scholarships, but we have been able to improve upon the way we administer them. The process has been simplified for our staff, our reviewers, our recommenders and our applicants.

Cons

We have new scholarships every year and making changes seems to be a very complex process as those changes need to be made in numerous locations. The software is also costly to have.

Ilene from ACC National Capital Region

Internship Application Process Made So Much Easier

We have used WizeHive for our summer internship application process and have been very, very happy with it -- it's made it so much easier for us to manage the applications we receive and to assemble data. In particular, the review functionality has streamlined our process and avoided wasteful copying. After the initial set-up, we haven't needed much support from year to year, which is terrific - but when we do they are very responsive.

Pros

Overall, the whole system works really well, and the reporting function is terrific.

Cons

The e-mails to references seem to get caught in SPAM filters fairly often, which creates some administrative burden to follow up with those persons. And since we use the system only once a year, it is a bit pricey.

Response from WizeHive

Replied September 2016

Hi Ilene: Thank you for your business as well as your review! If you continue to have the SPAM problem please contact us directly We send all of our emails out through a 3rd party service called that processes over 20 billion emails a month with a 99%+ deliverability guarantee so we should look into your configuration as this should not be an issue.

Genice from Elkhorn Public Schools Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

WizeHive has been a phenomenal partner - excellent product and customer service!

No more paper applications! Easy to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments! Easy for scholarship selection committees to access applications from their homes - no more running to the Foundation's office to pick up paper applications and distribute them to their committee members. Much easier for students to apply for scholarships!

Pros

Our scholarship program grew to the point that we were no longer able to process paper applications. Many of our scholarships are unique - some require applications, others are team or coach selected. We needed a customized scholarship platform that could allow us to continue administering all of our scholarships and provide an easy way to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments. WizeHive's Zengine product was the perfect solution to our scholarship program's needs!

Cons

The first year we implemented the software, there were a couple of things that I thought could be improved. The WizeHive team listened to my comments and has come up with solutions to make the process even better this year!

Rudi from Montgomery Coalition for Adult English Literacy

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User-friendly software

Our experience with implementation specialist was very positive - he was very clear in his explanations about the different design options we had at each step, and careful to address each piece of feedback and each question we had, as he helped us to customize the software to fit our grant application and administration needs.

Pros

This software has already saved us considerable staff time and paper. Creating a form is easy, as is organizing and exporting the data. Our panel of community grant reviewers appreciated how easy it was to access, take notes on, and score the grant applications this year.

Cons

We've not yet come to a satisfactory solution for managing grant-related correspondence. The system logs all email that goes out in an ongoing list, but we'd like to be able to organize this by recipient.

Lisa from Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism

Select to Zengine Implementation

Everything in one place, one portal which makes things easy not only for us as a grant making organization but for the grantees, our users so they can login, view their application and know next steps.

Pros

Attention received from implementation specialist who listened to our needs, offered several options and followed up. I received a very detailed training plan during our transition from Select to Zengine that kept me on track, focused and allowed for adjustments to be made without issue.

Cons

As with any new software, there is a learning curve. Implementation from Basic Select to robust Zengine took some time and effort. Do miss some of the features we were using in Select but have been able to offer some feedback with the hopes of bringing them into Zengine.

Jill from AmericanHort/HRI

We use Wizehive for grant & scholarship reviews. It's a great service!

Pros

It's ease of use, for both administrators & users, is the best feature. We have received many compliments from our users and are often amazed ourselves at the minimal set-up requirement necessary to open a new portal. The excellent and timely customer service is a great bonus!

Cons

Every once in a while a user cannot log in with the credentials assigned to them. However, this is an easy fix, and it rarely happens. I could (should) probably talk to my Wizehive support specialist and let him know...I'm confident he could fix this!

2018 WizeHive Review

Pros

I like that WizeHive is very user friendly and can be easily taught to those of all skill levels. Also, it is a great way to manage files and applications we receive. Lastly, the ability to create reports is a great tool.

Cons

WizeHive works well for our application process. There isn't anything about it that poses a challenge to our process.

Sharlene from National Psoriasis Foundation

Trusted grant management software

If you are needing to collect and save a lot of data from grant applicants and reviewers, this is a great system to use. There are so many functions that can be utilized to maximize the grant review experience, and the support team is always helpful with answering any questions you may have about any step. Our organization has plans to upgrade to a submission portal next year which will allow even greater ability to perform a multi-step application process, save user profiles, and allow easy follow-up with grant recipients in order to collect final reports.

Pros

Auto email/bulk email feature makes it easy to notify applicants. Application forms are easy to update. Can perform an entire review process through WizeHive without much need from an outside source. Convenient place to keep track of records of applicants and reviewers. Also helpful with creating registration forms for events.

Cons

Somewhat challenging to navigate. Needs more help options and tutorials to make the user experience much easier. Still some bugs that need to be fixed (including some issues with a few of the filters in application forms).

Camellia from HS Foundation

Pros

WizeHive provided an incredible implementation lead (Dan) to get our fellowship platform active. He provided novel ideas and features to make sure both the application and review process ran seamless. The product is solid and easy to navigate. Also, the support staff turnaround time on troubleshooting problems is faster than the speed of light.

Cons

I liked everything about the product. I have nothing to add here.

Laura from Town of Vail

Wizehive is versatile, customizable, has incredible depth, functionality and great customer service!

Savings on time, resources, paper and ease of use for my board to review.

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how much time, resources and paper it saves me. I was managing the application process manually and it was super time consuming. It's been streamlined and I'm more efficient because of that. I also am really impressed with my implementation specialist . He's been invaluable and super patient with me during the entire process.

Cons

There are just a few minor things that could be improved upon, they are very specific to my review program. Mostly having to do with financial calculations.

Ashley from New Jersey Department of Education

Easy experience with supportive implementation managers; Always friendly and knowledgeable

Pros

What has been most helpful for us is the flexible work flow and the widgets. We are still learning and understanding all the possibilities and making adjustments as we go.

Cons

So far, not being able to open select fields for our end-users to modify/edit is frustrating but manageable. Also, not being able to pre-populate fields in real time is hard to explain to non-tech savvy ppl because they believe that if the information is there, it should be able to pre-populate anywhere. Ideal situation for us would not have to manually export/import data to link fields together.

Liz from Richard Lounsbery Foundation, Inc.

Industry: Philanthropy

WizeHive Review

The WizeHive team has been super responsive and patient.

Nancy from Westminster Public Schools Foundation

A flexible, adaptable tool that does not require much training for the user.

It saved me from using 5 different spreadsheets and Google docs to manage 15 different scholarships, a retention spreadsheet and individual e-mails to promote scholarships and collect data. I do not think it is as expensive and difficult to use as Salesforce or other products. It does seem to be built for scholarship providers as opposed to corporate vendors/sales managers.

Pros

It is adaptable to your needs and seems to be very robust. We rolled in a donor database, multiple scholarships, one application, a retention component and a selection process into one without having to pay for each feature. You are not boxed into one type of format and the designers seem to be very willing to add features as needed. Our contact has been great about being responsive and coaching us along the way so we get what we need on very short deadlines.

Cons

The online help function is not very good. It is hard to tell how making changes in one area will affect the end result. It would be great to be able to look at other scholarship applications and be able to pick and choose from other users to create our own.

Kristin from NVIDIA

Industry: Computer Hardware

Excellent service and huge time saving abilities

Pros

It is relatively easy to install and extremely user friendly and intuitive. The reports in real time are amazing! All of your information is stored in one place.

Cons

There are some small preference things, but they will just make a good product great! Some things would be hiding the plugins from users based on access level.

Elise from Navy SEAL Foundation

Wizehive Review

Pros

I think the most impressive aspect of the platform was our Program Manager. She was extremely knowledgeable about the software and was always willing to help, jump on a call to explain something, etc. We can't say enough about her level of professionalism and support.

Cons

The platform is very complex, which is what we needed. However, the complexity of the platform makes for a greater learning curve. Thankfully, our Program Manager was able to walk us through it all.

Claire from Washington Ireland Program

Great system!

We used WizeHive for the first time last year to manage our application and review process for our program. The system saved us a huge amount of time and really helped us manage and understand our data. We have just signed up for a second year!

Pros

My colleague talked a lot about how the software helped her to manage our application and review process. She was able to tell at a glance how the reviewers were progressing. She was also able to run reports so that we could better understand the data that we collected. The staff that I have worked with so far have been responsive and informative when I ask a question.

Cons

As a small non profit, we find the software a little pricey. The amount of work that WizeHive will need to do to set up the system for the second year is significantly less than the first year, and yet the price is basically the same.

July 2014

Victoria from Cal Poly Pomona

July 2014

WizeHiiiiiive!!!

We used WiveHive to manage a small internal grant program at our university. Previously, we used Blackboard to organize the proposals, collect reviews, etc., and we nearly all quit the committee because it was so hard to work with the materials! Using WizeHive made the proposal collections, assignments, reviews, and reporting very easy indeed, with far less room for human error. WizeHive was easy to use even for people who were submitting proposals and had no familiarity with the software, and for the committee members who received a little training, it was a breeze. The one criticism I might have is that the submitter/reviewer interface is not very good-looking, but that is a small non-issue. WizeHive's customer and technical support was outstanding. They do not have 24/7 support because they are a smaller company, but they always responded promptly, even after hours at times. Problems were fixed immediately. The person assigned to me was incredibly patient and helpful, even when I was asking questions that I should have been able to figure out for myself or remember from her tutorials. We will definitely use WH again for this grant program, and I'm talking WH up to other departments on campus for things like student applications to special programs.

Megan from Virginia Sheriffs' Institute

Scholarship Program

Pros

The software was extremely helpful in transitioning our scholarship program from a paper application program to an online program for students. The amount of work it saved internally was amazing.

Cons

The software was at time not intuitive, but it was overall easy to use once learned.

Kyndra from Westminster Public Schools Foundation

My experience has been quick, professional and efficient from the sales process to the set up!

This software has allowed up to eliminate paper applications for a complex scholarship application process. It has allowed us to create an online database to track our scholars as well as our donors.

Pros

I appreciate the ease in which we can customize the software to do exactly what we are asking it to do. The flexible platform and the supportive technology support make the process painless to set up the system to perform exactly how we want it to.

Cons

It is difficult to find a negative aspect to this software. It would be nice to have more customization's available on the front end to make the application or platform look exactly as we would like it to look to our consumer.

Rachel from Goodwill Industries International

Saved us so much time in grant application reviews and processing!

I really enjoy having an affordable one-stop shop for all my grants information. All my history is available in one place. I also really like the ability to hide fields and customize what my reviewers see. And we also appreciate the affordability. I like knowing WizeHive already has everything we need, and they keep the system up-to-date.

Pros

I like most that users can log in and save their drafts before they submit the applications. This has made it a much better user experience for our grant writers who are working across teams to obtain information for their grant application and need the opportunity to review drafts before they hit submit. I also like that I can set up a review portal - this saved us so much time compared to how we used to do this, with Excel spreadsheets, printed copies and attachments.

Cons

I wish I could have each user set up their own profile where they could see all of their applications on one dashboard. My understanding is that this is a potential future development, and I would welcome it!

Gwendolyn from Social Innovation Fund Ireland

WizeHive has totally revolutionized our selection process

Pros

It has really streamlined our selection and reporting processes, making us more consistent and able to focus on improving how we work.

May 2016

Qiana from The Trust, Powered by the NFLPA

May 2016

Game Changer - Made scholarship process very efficient

The software has allowed us to simplify the scholarship process. Applications from different cycles are housed in one location and cross reporting is simple and efficient. I like that the same database is used to collect applications reviews and issue and track awards making our manual system seem archaic and ineffective. The customer service is excellent and I always get immediate responses to any inquiries that I have. One con that I've found and it may be the fault of the user; applicants are not easily able to retrieve lost passwords but instead contact me and I in turn have to contact customer service. If this could be simplified online, it would be awesome!

Response from WizeHive

Replied May 2016

Thanks for the review and feedback on passwords. We are proud to offer Google Single Sign-On for users. It helps alleviate the password retrieval process for administrators, as well as streamlines the the application process. Here's a blog post on it, and we are happy to discuss offline getting you set-up with it. Cheers! http://blog.wizehive.com/2015/10/05/google-single-sign-on/

Lori from Kauai United Way

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

December 2015

WizeHive is a wonderful product used by our Kauai United Way!

Pros

WizeHive is easy to use and it's a great product that is reasonably priced as well.

Cons

Only problem I face, is being in Hawaii, the time difference is sometimes a concern, but it usually works out. My previous customer support team has been awesome!

Allison from Graduate Women in Science

We used to Wizehive to streamline and scale up the application process for our fellowships program.

Pros

We have been extremely happy with our first fellowships season using Wizehive. The customer service has been superb, and we ran into few problems as we used their system to work with our procedures. Our process is complicated, and no other software fit our needs as well as Wizehive did. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to automate and grow a fellowships program.

Cons

A couple of steps required a bit more manual labor than I had hoped, but Wizehive is already talking about coming up with ways to automate this for next cycle, so it really is a small complaint.

Jeff from The Stollery Charitable Foundation

Grants Management Software

Strong push from WizeHive to meet the timeline that the Foundation established for development and implementation. Any delays to meeting that timeline were on our end.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to set up for someone (me) who has never built or edited granting software before. It is flexible and allows me to adjust and adapt the applications questions based on our needs without requiring potentially costly support from the software provider.

Cons

The software makes importing our granting history a challenge but WizeHive has work-arounds for this and other minor challenges. Visually the platform is a little dated and not as clean as some others but function is far more important than form for us.

Reasons for Choosing WizeHive

WizeHive was an established platform that offered the flexibility that we required at a very reasonable price point. It also had a reputation for ease of use and strong customer support from references.

April 2014

Beth from ASME

April 2014

Great, robust product, increased productivity, and custom fit service - It's all here.

This is my first year using the online application and I have been delighted with it as well as the service provided by WizeHive. I have a complex application system and receive a large number of applications in a short amount of time. I am a staff of one, and have been doing this for 5 years. This is the first year my scholarship process has seemed manageable; I would estimate that my productivity has doubled just by changing to this online application. And the feedback from students who applied both last year and this year have actually congratulated me on the new application, which they say is much easier to understand and use. My WizeHive representative understood my issues and was was very responsive to my requests, handling them quickly and efficiently. She knows her product well and is able to fix programming problems or help me figure out how to get the data I need through the appropriate wording on the application on one side, and report settings on the other. I highly recommend them!

June 2014

Brandon from Ascent Real Estate Solutions

June 2014

Perfect Hosted Database Management Solution

We spent several weeks researching several database management solutions. We left a lot of messages for companies that called us back with cookie cutter pitches. When I first met Pete from Wizehive - I was struck by two things; He was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about Current and he was genuinely interested in helping us figure out how to increase efficiency in our business model. Once I signed up for Wizehive, I was impressed how easy it was to start getting templates set up, but I still had a lot of questions to really make them come together. When I followed up, Pete set aside time for us to do extensive Q&A sessions and I still can't believe how easy it is to build, customize and create the perfect app in this system. I can not thank him enough because now I only feel limited by my imagination and creativity. My recommendation? It will take you sometime to learn everything it can do, but once you do. You will love it and all the solutions you can create with it.

Teresa from The Smith Center for the Performing Arts

We had an application submission contest that needed to be automated and to "go-live" quickly

Speed to market Organization Streamlining for our applicants Improved Commuincations with Applicants and Nominators

Pros

The software meets all our needs but the service is what makes this a "5-star" solution! Easy to configure, easy to extract data.

Cons

The email plug-in is rudimentary but met almost all out needs. We have a unique problem that Wizehive continues to assess and provide work-arounds.

Ellen from Temple University

Wizehive for our Business Plan Competitions

Pros

There is tremendous flexibility in the applications we have built using wizehive - we can cut the data a million different ways! The reporting capability is really terrific too. And it works for a variety of different competitions.

Cons

I'd love to see more videos or models of how others are doing what we want to do.

Mary Lou from Villanova University

WizeHive has proven to be an excellent tool for our University Summer Research Grant Program.

Organization of proposals submitted and reviews posted and save of man hours in contract award.

Pros

With the assistance of cust support, all of our requests have been addressed and implemented thru the WizeHive system.

Cons

Originally when contacting support, the responses were more generic. Once, we had a direct rep to contact, we received responses that related directly to our system.

David from Maricopa Integrated Health System

Easily Customizable Tool

Wizehive is an excellent company to work with. They are friendly, professional and very customer focused.

Pros

This tool is easy to use and customize to the needs of your organization. Wizehive works well with their customers to help them design a system that will do what they need it to do.

Cons

Maybe have a better way to store documents.

Amra from Kamiano Onthaal

I love this product!!!

I really love this product. I've been using it for a couple of months for an center for the homeless. We have hundreds of people who come to our center. And each one of them have many different problems that we need to find a solution for. But since we have only four employees it is difficult to keep track on everybody. That's why Wizehive Current has been a great help, because it makes it very easy for us to keep information of the people without losing to much time on unnecessary administrative tasks. This way, we can really focus on the people rather than becoming just another bureaucratic organization. Wizehive Current makes it very easy to build a database from scratch. A great things is the fact that it's in the cloud. I use it with a team of four people, so it's very important that all the records are saved in a central place rather than having thousands of different versions of the same excel sheet.

NOT Worth IT!

The service has been above average but the platform is designed so poorly it takes away from any saving grace. This has been a horrifying experience for me!

Pros

Able to mange several programs simultaneously.

Cons

Not user-friendly Administrators are only sometimes timely in responding to issues Every item has to be built out every single year Time-consuming Too expensive! Again, not user-friendly Waste of time and money. Will not renew!

Response from WizeHive

Replied April 2019

We're so sorry that you have found the platform difficult to use. We'd love to be able to connect with you directly about your concerns and help, but as we have not received this feedback from any of our clients we're not sure who you are or how to assist. Please reach out directly to your implementation lead. Also, WizeHive is not the administrator of any of the programs on our platform; the organizations we work with manage their programs. If you are a reviewer who is having issues with the program administrator please contact them directly.

Michelle from Philadelphia Cultural Fund

August 2014

New to Current and excited so far

Thank you WizeHive for your excellence both as a service provider and patient teammate. Working with the WizeHive crew has been an illuminating, enjoyable and edifying process. As a small community grant maker we are using Current to restructure our grantee database. Our work with WizeHive in the pass has allowed us to collect a wealth of data which we used this spring in a successful advocacy campaign to restore city funding of arts and culture organizations after a major cut. A victory for us, our grantees and the communities impacted by the power of the arts. The win also allows us to reinstate our Youth Arts Enrichment Grants. Our shiny new database will allow us to further wield our arsenal of data as well as increase our organizing and mobilization capabilities. We are excited to continue fighting the good fight for our constituents with the tools WizeHive has helped us build and hone.