Browse Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Shefali from Kroger

A great tool for note taking and task management

Overall everyone in my organization uses Microsoft one note for note tracking and task management

Pros

Note taking capabilities are great. Task management, documentation, multiple tab management, export to PDF, html formatting

Cons

No integration with cloud storage products like AWS S3, Azure Storage

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

We got Microsoft one note as part of the Microsoft office suite.

Application that keeps its promise!!!

Pros

As a manager I have to constantly keep my notes in order- meeting notes, project notes, client notes. I used to keep a paper notebook but not anymore… I give OneNote a 5/5. I actually saw a colleague of mine use it and I fell in love with it. Microsoft OneNote is just easy to use unlike traditional paper notebooks which keeps falling apart. And it integrates with your Microsoft email and just like a planner you can tag your book, create subtopics, scroll through them, search them. It even syncs with your corporate and personal email so you never lose your notes and you can even embed contents from other sites. Seamless indispensable tool for everyday use at work or personal organizing.

Cons

With multiple applications open, it slows down the application down. Occasionally I have had issues with sync.

Juan Jesús from Persano Mx

Ayuda para tomar notas de forma básica

Es útil aunque prefiero otros softwares para tomar notas.

Pros

al ser parte de la suite de MS Office permite compartir información con los otros softwares, en automático reconoce las letras de las imágenes que se cargan lo que facilita la búsqueda de información en las notas.

Cons

Tiene fallas de estabilidad, se cierra sola o tarda en sincronizarse si se usa en varios dispositivos.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

No tiene multiplataforma para Windows.

Sven from Maximilian-Kolbe-Schule Rottweil

An incredibly powerful one-stop-shop

Beyond these cons, OneNote is super-easy to use, powerful, and functional across all major platforms. Unfortunately, not all platforms offer the same features: Wiki-style links (creating links using [[ ]]) is not supported in the browser version nor on iPadOS.

Pros

You can embed content from so many sites: Youtube, Thinglink, Coogle to name a few. Each notebook can contain as many section groups and sections as you want, with as many pages and sub-pages as you want. And each page is an infinite canvas. Bonus: You can store actual files on any pages that you can then later open in the appropiate app using a double click. The desktop version features OCR which is great for searching content in pictures.

Cons

The way the infinite canvas works. You cannot scroll left or up from the top of the page - only right and down. That feels somewhat counterintuitive at times. Also, there should be easy sharing on the page level - as of the writing of this review, you can only share entire notebooks, meaning you give access to it all, even if all you wanted to do was to collaborate on a single page.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

OneNote is free with a consumer account and OneNote 365 is part of the Office 365 suite. Either way, it is pretty much included for free in whatever shape you use it. Evernote just ended up being an additional cost factor.

An excellent multipurpose tool

It's been a great experience working on One Note app and I use it for all my note taking, organizing and journaling purposes

Pros

The product is so versatile and customizable. You can use it for: Note taking Journaling Annotating pdfs and giving feedback Keeping your thoughts organized for upcoming projects Creating vision boards to do list ( and create tasks and reminders with outlook integration) Have unlimited notebooks and sections to organize things better Sharing and collaborating capabilities with colleagues/Family

Cons

A few things I would like to see improved are: Preferences saved on one device should sync across devices or at least there should be an option to do so. I use. The interface of the online one note app and one-note desktop is quite different which makes switching between them not so pleasant experience. The quick selection menu is not present on one note for windows 10 and I miss that there

Navneet Singh from Cognizant

December 2021

The best notes taking app

My overall experience till now is great.

Pros

The best thing that I like about one note is the user interface. If you are a college student or an employee this is the best software to take notes and maintain them. It is just like using a real notebook. And all the notes will be easily sync between devices and if you are on a tablet then it is much more easy to use. Also the feature it provides are also great.

Cons

There was no con in using this software.

Sam from Itechra Inc.

OneNote Review

OneDrive sets the bar for easy simple productive note taking.

Pros

OneNote is one of the easiest most scalable note taking applications available in the industry today.

Cons

There is really few cons to using OneNote. Sometimes the interface can be a little difficult to format on the page.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

OneNote was just the given tool for our system, as we use Microsoft suite

Joe from Fort Madison Community Hospital

A great way to organize

Very positive and easy to use. Would recommend highly.

Pros

Very easy to organize your notes in multiple subjects on different devices that you own. Easy to find what you need quickly.

Cons

Sometimes doesn't transfer to other devices as well, so you have to force send it to your other devices to use

OneNote is good for what it is meant for - notes and todo lists for individuals or small teams

It works well and it is a good product, I use it for my professional work and use Google Keep for my personal notes.

Pros

We use OneNote to store information about all the systems that we have to support, including troubleshooting. It works well because we are a small team, we use sections to separate the information into categories and share the information via the shared notebook feature.

Cons

We are using the native Windows version of the product, so it is not really a cloud first product so it is not as good as a product like Google Keep when it comes to accessing your notes on a device like a phone. If you have a large team or are wanting to have note / information available for a whole department, I think a product like a Wiki would be much more appropriate.

Harrison from Insurance People of North Carolina

A Game Changer for Note Taking & Regular Marketing!

Overall, my life would not be the same without One Note! It's been a game changer for overall business performance

Pros

I love how One Note simplifies the daily functionality of my processes and responses. It also helps to streamline my regular marketing processes across social media!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about One Note if you have a Microsoft 365 subscription which everything runs through.

Lila from Lila Skaggs

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great simple note software

I use OneNote as a university student and it's the best simple notetaking software I've found.

Pros

It's very simple and easy to organize notes. I like how you can make subpages and headpages as well as import documents and attachments. Easy to use and syncs across my devices.

Cons

Very basic, not enough features to efficiently manage tasks or organize documents/projects.

Lex from Lex Graphics

Not my first choice

I need to concede, that at the outset I had numerous issues getting myself set up with one note, however from that point forward, it has been an outright lifeline. The entirety of my archives are in one region, I can get to them from each PC I own and Id need to say I use it regular, I in a real sense couldn't abandon utilizing this program.

Pros

Microsoft OneNote is loaded with numerous highlights that go past taking notes; it likewise gives you a few different ways to change pictures over to message. For instance, the OCR instrument permits you to snap a photo of an archive, business card, flyer or whiteboard, then, at that point extricate that content. You would then be able to save that content in OneNote, Microsoft Word or Standpoint. OCR's productivity relies upon a few elements. These incorporate picture quality, the intricacy of the characters it is examining and the intelligibility of the transcribed notes. So consistently make a point to twofold check in the event that it perceives everything effectively. Regardless of whether OCR doesn't get each letter, it is as yet a vital life hack, particularly for organizations and entrepreneurs.

Cons

Matching up can take some time , Unacceptable portable application, Average web cutting augmentation

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft OneNote

Already had an account

Stella Maris from Academia de Inglés Internacional

OneNote, a multipurpose 21st Century Tool for Lifelong Learners

I plan my classes and curate content. OneNote has helped me shape the way I organize and manage my classes and curate content as a participant, presenter and author. I can search content in all my notebooks in a very short time, create portfolios of learning progress over years, move, copy, archive and delete sections or pages. Digital ink, lasso conversion, linked notes, degrees of privacy, audio and video recordings, printouts, symbols, emoji, stickers, equations, drawing, dictionary tools with Thesaurus, immersive reader with speed and voice control, identification of main parts of speech, reading line focus, visual vocabulary input and image to text conversion are some of the most valuable features allowing the promotion , development and assessment of main 21st Century hard and soft skills in PBL ( Project Based Learning) , Remote Learning and Home Office Work. The Send to OneNote feature in different formats makes it unique since users can annotate their bookmarks and enhance them with extra content . App smashing through OneNote it effective since it allows multiple integrations with LMS, platforms like Buncee ,Wakelet, Office apps, Flipgrid, Genially, Whiteboard.chat, Kahoot, Quizlet, Sketchfab, PhET interactive simulations, Adobe Spark, EdPuzzle, Playposit, etc.

Pros

I like everything. It helps me organize content, plan, deliver & assess learning paths, keep records of multimedia resources supporting learning beyond school walls through assistive technology, data management with support and feedback to allow student voice, choice and agency as well as autonomous learning.

Cons

I only dislike the fact that I did not use it as a student. I wish I had had such a powerful learning app at school. It is permanently adding new features to make learning accessible, memorable and enjoyable not only for students but for PD , content curation and regular use at home.

Francesco from University of Pisa

Replacement for blackboard

I use OneNote to lecture, using hand writing to match note taking pace of students. We think that for physics note taking and home reviewing them is an essential step in learning as it stimulates immediate questioning if something is not understood. Projecting the screen affords for large class rooms. Changing colors, moving sketches around works well, notes can then be turned into pdf or edited to produce better hand out. I use finite size sheets to distribute notes, during the lecture I use a continuous sheet. The notebook is on OneDrive and is available in different devices, which is sometimes useful. Overall this made a change from blackboard and chalk, and when remote lecturing came due to pandemics I did not change lecture habits. These habits might look old fashioned but for some subjects that require reasoning, sketches, math, numerical computations, comparison with graphs, I feel these are necessary and OneNote gives a good support

Pros

Handwriting with a Microsoft Surface and its pen is easy, erasing is natural, select and move also. You can color your handwriting afterwards. For lecturing you can enlarge what you wrote, or pick up a detail of a sketch. I use it with small squares, which help writing in an orderly way. Printing can be of a single sheet, a section or more. The vey few times I went into a crash, recovery was fast and essentially no data was lost, all essential in a lecture.

Cons

Sometimes, quite rarely, the whole sheet moves, it probably depends on how you approach your hand before positioning for writing, this might be something inherent to pen tablets. In older versions the management of the sheet format (finite size vs infinite) was easier.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

All your notes in one place

OneNotres has been a part of my arsenal of tools for the enterprise environment. I have used it on a personal level as well. I have used both the loal and cloud version, choosing the cloud due to my ability to access from any device. You can also add a local copy, depending on your subscription level, and sync your online content to your local machine. This helps in keeping your data in 2 places at once.

Pros

Microsoft OneNotes offer a single place to enter, manage and access all your notes. It provides flexibility in how you organize your content. From simple note taking to more complex graphics and images, OneNotes lets you organize in efficient ways. The use of tags helps you find what you need across multiple notebooks, section and pages. No more having to navigate through complex and cumbersome folder hierarchies. OneNotes is a massive repository tool that takes the place of many other tools. Using OneNotes rids you of separate Tasks or To Do lists, file repositories, and even digital media. OneNotes lets you combine all your electronic files into a single place and manage it in a way that works for you. This level of flexibility is what gives OneNotes the power it has and its popularity.

Cons

OneNotes tend to have a different layout between the online version and the downloaded version. This might bring some confusion to some users. Microsoft is moving more towards the cloud, and until this becomes the norm and their downloadable applications can mimic the cloud experience, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

André from Danaher Water Quality Plataform

Industry: Chemicals

A perfect substitute for your old Notepad

On my business side, it is a way to organize all my tasks, users, passwords, network paths, serial numbers, servers names, it is easy to find the information that I want, the idea of notes works very well on the business side. Therefore, I use it on my personal life as well, to organize my grocery shopping, some budgets, stocks price, passwords and users from portals, sites. It is a secure tool provided by Microsoft.

Pros

Easy to use, has very good functionalities, it is totally integrated with the Microsoft Office programs, are the information are stored on the cloud, I can edit something on my computer and continue it on my mobile or tablet.

Cons

It is not so easy to use on the beggining, till you get the idea of create "notes" inside it, I know a lot of people which did not migrate to this tool because of this.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft OneNote

It comes with Microsoft Office, it is a must have for most of the companies of the world, it is always a good idea stick with a product that you already have paid for it.

Mohd from Toronto Real Estate Board

A centralized location for all your notes

Currently, I used OneNote to organized my meeting's notes and to attach them into an email so it's easy for me to send it to my colleagues. This is sometimes very useful when you are in hurry and wanted to inform what are the points were discussed in the meeting. Secondly, it is also very convenient to use it on all the platforms whether I wanna use it on my phone or my computer. I am exploring more ways as this is a powerful tool and has very few limitations which make it value for money.

Pros

it gives you the ability to create your notes as you create on a physical notebook, moreover, this notebook can be accessed from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. The most unique part of OneNote is you can add multimedia and create your documents as much presentable as want. These documents can also be shared with others like your friends or colleagues, it would make this software as a one-stop solution for most of the writing and editing of your notes. I used many older versions of OneNote and then after upgrading to new versions of OneNote I came to know that your older note will not get erased. you can also use OneNote app for your smartphones which makes easier to modify your changes or to view any documents on the go.

Cons

One thing I would ever want in OneNote is the integration between various platforms, Currently, Onenote allows you to create notes or documents to share it with only OneNote users, whereas if I want to share it with Evernote users it will not give me an option for that. Moreover, I can not even import Evernote's documents notes into OneNote or vice versa. There are other ways through which you can do it but for that one has to download a migration tool. The security is also one of the issues which I always take into consideration when creating any personal note where I wanted it to be encrypted with a password. There should be some ways into OneNote where you can have a personal space which can be used for those secure documents.

Jeremy from Self

Industry: Writing and Editing

Message to Self: Use Microsoft OneNote for Messages to Self

Whether I’m at home, or somewhere out in the wilds, Microsoft OneNote allows me to record all the things I need to remember, by text, speech, or photo. Because my memory is awful, I appreciate any tool that mitigates the pain of having lost my thoughts, and my mind, in the process. Having convenient folders in which to sort and store my thoughts, while creepy, is also pretty handy. But the best part is having a cloud connection between my phone and desktop. If I need to snap a picture of a research item and label it while I’m out for a walk, I can be sure I can retrieve it on my desktop when I get home. This requires having the downloadable app on my phone, of course, but when it’s free, it’s worth it. Because I already have it installed on my desktop (through my Microsoft Office 2013 suite), I don’t have to pay to use either. Not having to pay extra for an item I already own is always a good thing.

Pros

Folders can be labeled, so there’s no risk in confusing items. All notes are also labeled, so it’s easy to identify which note is which (as long as you give it a label you can identify). This makes categorizing notes simple and efficient. Files can also store text, photos, and audio recordings, so you don’t have to think on your feet when trying to record a note. Just use whichever input is most relevant to your situation. Cloud transfers from mobile to desktop are pretty smooth.

Cons

Compared to other notetaking software, it’s pretty basic. Sometimes notes are dumped into a global pile where you have to manually sort them. This isn’t a big deal, but it can add to your organizing time. (It’s also possible I’m using it wrong, but that in of itself is a con if auto-sorting isn’t intuitive.) Retrieving pictures for posting or editing is also more trouble than it’s worth. For the average user, the simplicity OneNote offers is fine. For dedicated researchers, a more robust platform like Evernote may be better suited.

Jessa

Office Product with the fewest syncing issues.

Pros

I'm completely dependent on OneNote. It's so easy to use and flexible, it holds every project in my life now, from planning out and organizing 60 slide competitor analysis presentations, to scheduling recipes for meal plans. It plays well with the other products, and unlike Word, I've never had a problem with syncing conflicts and generating unnecessary backup local copies, and I have yet to lose a single word of work. In fact, for one of my books, I didn't use Word at all and ended up doing all the chapters in the same planning pages I kept in OneNote. It's my secret weapon when it comes to brainstorming and organization and I can't believe more people don't use it, but then again, I am a more visual/creative person, so the ability to quickly throw notes or record a message and be able to arrange, sort or search and actually find it later is vital. Years ago, I used to use Springpad, and since then, I've tried Trello, Evernote, and all kinds of apps, but nothing has stuck.

Cons

Very few, it's so flexible it fills in a lot of gaps. I'd like it to be more visually customizable, like if you could add a backdrop of a chart or table similar to the Stormboard templates. Right now it just has a few pastel colors and lined and gridded paper types.

Erika from Plum Creek Christian Academy

Loved as a college student and LOVE as a teacher!

Great experience! Would 100% recommend the software to teachers and college students.

Pros

OneNote (not the online version) is one of the most user-friendly, helpful pieces of software I have ever used. As a college student, I took all my notes using One Note. The program is designed simply, which makes taking notes so easy! One of my favorite features is that my notes can be open on any device using my Windows account. As a teacher, I used OneNote as a "white board" while teaching virtually. I loved the different pen options. There was hardly any lag. When I used my Huion tablet to write on OneNote, the program even picked up my pen pressure.

Cons

Honestly, I have very little cons for OneNote software. Sometimes, the program would freeze up or jump around. But that glitch was likely due to me trying to do too many things at once. The online version of OneNote I despise. There is quite a bit of lag and when using my Huion tablet, any button pressed on the pen caused right-click options to pop up. Very annoying. There are basic pen colors, which is fine, but I don't prefer the online version at all. If you're just typing notes, the online OneNote can be very useful. But for online learning, online OneNote is not as good as the software.

Phil from Recourse Communications, Inc

OneNote for every note!

I use onenote for business meetings for note taking, tracking takeaways and sharing them with the whole team. We all have access to the same notes, same takeaways and can all add to the meeting notes. I also like to use it for keeping track of information I might come across that I want to follow up on at some point, putting my ideas down so I don't forget them. Clipping articles/webpages so I can refer back to it. Create to-do lists.

Pros

If you are working in the Microsoft eco system OneNote is a must. Taking notes and keeping track of information is simple since it is tied into every Office/O365 application; Sharepoint, Word, Outlook even when browsing the web. Can be used for note taking during business meetings, training/school, planning vacations, shopping list. Uses are limit less. Best of all you can do it from what ever device you have with you and your notes will be available to you everywhere.

Cons

Onenote is such a powerful tool that it can be overwhelming to get a grasp on all that it can do and how to best use it for your situation.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

Evernote is a very good application but living in the Microsoft Eco system OneNote was just a natural fit.

Margaret from Crown Castle

Essential tool for Project Management and bridging the learning curve of new projects and assignment

My projects are time sensitive and require decisions to be made based on ever changing policies, environment, and client requests holding to original deadlines. I do not have the luxury take my time to learn new project/assignments, nor time to spend 20 minutes looking for data or information I know I saved somewhere. It is essentially an extension of the memory portion of my brain and keeps me organized with action items for myself and my team, tabs for notes on meetings to hold everyone accountable, and Templates to save time composing emails and specific documents. I have been pretty much on top of my game because of this software. Thank you.

Pros

This product is amazingly easy to organize/collect data when you are in a fast paced environment and do not have photographic memory. As I work through out the day new information comes in from team members, meetings, clients, management, etc. and you can enter the data, cut and paste or drag a file into tabs that you create on the fly so you know where it is and can go back to reference it anytime you need.

Cons

I really can't think of anything except trying to convert content to another format if the recipient doesn't have OneNote. Usually I just go to the tab and cut and paste the info into an email to send. Its not a big deal.

Clay from Life School

MS OneNOte Review

If you are looking for note-taking software, OneNote is the one for you! Easy to use and makes it very easy to stay organized!

Pros

OneNote is an incredible note-taking software! The best part is how It syncs with my phone, iPad, and computer, so not only can I always take notes (or jot down ideas/thoughts), but I always have my notes on me and can reference them whenever I need without having to pull out a notebook or the device I originally took the note on.)

Cons

I have not found any cons to this software. I strictly use it for note-taking, and I know some people use it for project management and have issues. But the note-taking side is very seamless.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

Did not like the functionality of Evernote

KAES from NHH

essential part of my daily work

Overall, an essential part of my work flow, have used it extensively during any project planning and

Pros

offers a lot of very useful features almost like a full fledge word processor for a free, great for note taking, clipping, sharing.... Includes web and mobile versions. Easy to use especially if you are familiar with Office. Can be used as a stand alone product.

Cons

Like most Microsoft products, it can be slow and crashes without notice, unknown errors which are hard to interpret or fix pop up every now and then, pasting pictures needs some refinement as aligning pictures can be hard since it deals with the "page" as an open space.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

cost, better integration with office.

Kliff from UKG

OneNote hits the right note!

Simple and easy to use. I did take some getting used to with the different notebooks and pages, but once I used it for about a week, I'm not sure I can handle not using it daily.

Pros

I love the organizational structure of this tool. We can have several projects where I'm working with different teams. This keeps everything categorized into the appropriate notebooks so I can easily grab what I need.

Cons

I wish there was one more level to OneNote. We have notebooks, and the pages. I wish there was one more level that could be a 'notes' section that could be a quick reference for action items instead of having to scour the page for actionable items.

Company Decision

Miguel from Miami Cancer Institute

Highly sophisticated note taking software with several functionalities

Microsoft OneNote is a very user friendly and easy to use platform with a variety of functionalities that make the process of taking notes much easier and allow you to collaborate with others as well. It is very efficient when taking fast paced notes and has a variety of tools to make the process as smooth as possible.

Pros

Mircrosoft Onenote is equipped with a variety of functionalities that go beyond note taking purposes. One of my favorite tools to use is the conversion of images to free text and editing the text. Also, it offers the conversion of audios and videos to free text and I find this to be extremely helpful when taking meetings notes in a conference or even for classroom purposes. Moreover, it provides a variety of tool to edit the text entered into the notes making it look more professional and detailed. Microsoft one note use varies depending on the desire function ,therefore, I highly recommend this software for office setting purposes.

Cons

The software's' storage space is very limited and therefore, I believe that it needs to be improve as well s enhancing the PC software version since it can be very slow most of the time. Importing/exporting catalogs messes up the format of the notes but it might be due to a malfunction on my side.

Michael from MIKEGALGANO

Viable Collaboration Tool for Teams and Overall Great Notation Application

As mentioned above, my team at the office uses it to keep our manager updated on projects were are working on via weekly status updates. I enjoy using it so much in the office that I also use for personal information management at home. It's an all around great note taking tool as you have all of you notes at your fingertips in one application which you can organize as you see fit.

Pros

I like that my manager can interact with our team via updates to our shared document which can be updated simultaneously by multiple users without any apparent versioning conflicts. I also find it to be a great option for just making notes as it allows for just about any type of content to be stored on a "notebook" page, from simple text, to emails, embedded live spreadsheets, photos, hyperlinks, etc. It allows for seamless integration of information of work across a group of my colleagues. I also like how there is no need to "Save" as content is automatically retained upon exiting the application.

Cons

It does have a bit of a learning curve if it is something you are not used to. Perhaps a guided tutorial would be useful. Also, it does tend to crash on occasion but to be fair, no more than any other shared application, especially in a corporate network environment.

Nithya from Logica

One of the ideal choice for people who like to be organised!

Pros

I’ve always struggled to find an app that streamlined all the notes that I have to save. When I first started using one note in 2017, it was a great way to gather all my thoughts in one place. I can continue where I left off and choose how I want to divide them into different sections and headings! I’ve also been able to advise a lot of small companies where I coach managers to start using this as a tool to share ideas amongst team members who can then grow the ideas further by brainstorming! I’ve been hearing positive feedback from other users to whom I have recommended this great software to.

Cons

If it is being used in team situations, if all the members of the team don’t get to use the product in the same way or understand the use of the note and it’s purpose, then it can be hard to collaborate using software. However the help guides can always be handy to solve such issues! So I don’t really have much negatives other than team environments where too many different heads thinking differently might complicate the notes sharing process.

Rekha from Cognizant Technology Solutions

A must have for note taking

OneNote is perfect while doing deep work. Pairing it with a digital pen (Surface Pen) gets as close as writing in paper notebook. The fact that all my notes are available in cloud across all devices at any time is very useful while switching devices at college/work/home.

Pros

A free-flowing, never-ending, no constraints canvas. The canvas is just as a blank sheet of paper that grows infinitely in all directions. OneNote allows the user to add texts, images, annotations or any object anywhere on the canvas - flexibility allows for creativity and better experience while taking notes. I've used OneNote on a laptop with keyboard and also on tablet (Surface Go) with a digital pen. Note taking experience is fluid in all input forms. User Interface is intuitive and allows the user to focus on the writing. The Dark UI is a must try, the high contrast UI makes the colors pop and it's easy on the eyes.

Cons

OneNote resembles a traditional notebook in a digitized manner. It is most suited for users who write structured, content heavy notes. It is not ideal for adding rapid notes on the fly - say shopping lists. (Google Keep, Notion might come in handy here).

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

I was using Evernote for a while to take notes on the fly. During my graduate program, I needed a tool that offers extensive note-taking capabilities and MS OneNote's infinite canvas got me hooked right after first scribble.

Shareable Note Taking App for Organization and Productivity!

This application has improved my productivity and efficiency significantly. I use this in my personal and professional work environments. I also have the application on my phone which is so handy. Most note taking apps are not as organized as this is. I have also found OneNote to offer the most features in terms of annotates, sharing, and adding other forms of media to notes. I will be using OneNote for the rest of my career I believe.

Pros

The most impactful features are the sharing capabilities with your team. It allows you to share and edit notes with anyone. They can make real time edits on your note and it's extremely effective at building team communication and collaboration. I also value the incredible organizational structure of notebooks, sections, and pages. I am able to keep everything separated and it's very easy to use. You can also insert audio clips, drawings, PDF printouts, and more!

Cons

Some PDF's are too large to insert as a printout document, so I would really appreciate the developers allowing larger files to be inserted as a PDF printout. That is really my only concern.

André from Services Infinit

December 2021

Replace paper notes and never go back

Even though I am a Microsoft Office power user, I had not been using OneNotes for my business, only for personal needs. The day I migrated from PostIt Notes and a paper notepad to OneNote, I instantly realized that I had been missing out on increased productivity. OneNote not only allows me to have access to all of my notes from any device, but it adds flexibility to how I work and increases productivity by allowing me to integrate Excel sheets and other information directly into my notes. I wish I had made the move to Microsoft OneNote for my business years ago.

Pros

- Easy access to all notes from any device. - Ability to insert almost anything (Word, Excel, images, etc) into notes. - Easy organization of notes as if they were in a notebook. - Ability to link from one note to any other note. - Ability to have separate notebooks for work and personal.

Cons

If you are not self taught and familiar with Microsoft office, the initial setup and understanding of how OneNote can be set up for easy use can be a bit daunting. Fortunately there are some excellent tutorial available online for all levels of user.

Within the last year

Harshal from ProfitBooks

Indispensable tool

Overall i really enjoy working on OneNote. It has become an indispensable tool.

Pros

OneNote is a very useful software for organising various notes. I have been using it for years and didn't find any other tool which is as simple as OneNote. Their online version is also very good. Mobile apps are great too. It's like your digital notebook that contains loads of organised data.

Cons

i think the collaboration can be improved. There should be an option to lock notes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft OneNote came bundled with MS office and it's feature-rich.

Prabhu from cognizant

Place to organize official notes

My organization partnered with Microsoft. I have got access to Onenote application via my official outlook ID. I am using this application to track my day-to-day activity, Save important points to speaking in status calls ,Tracking my skill growth and also I am using this as a mini agile for my project activity.

Pros

1. I love this various colours indicators for each tab it helps me to priorities. 2. We able to view notes in a horizontal structure. 3. 7 step hierarchy organization for each note. 4. It didn't use much in drawing and assistance features, but it is also cool.

Cons

I didn't feel any major cons in this application. But still they need to improve their web add-on feature.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

Personal use for simplicity and many useful web addons.

Forrest from Denver Health ad hospital Authority

Great Product for all the odd notes and document snippets you have

This tool is great for getting all topically related content into one place for organization, sharing, and even simple presentations (no, everything doesn't need to be a PowerPoint).

Pros

This is very intuitive, easy to use, and flexible. No you don't want to replace Word or Excel with it, but you DO want to paste documents and spreadsheets into it that belong together - in fact anything that belongs "together" can pretty much be pasted in and formatted so that you can find and present it fast and easily.

Cons

Not much to dislike - it could use a bit beefier spell checking (which I think is actually in a newer version than I use), and some tools to layout the pages a bit better would be nice - please Microsoft DON'T use the one in Visual Studio as a starting point!

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

It's much easier to keep drafts, notes, simple tables together and share the notebook with team members! tracking down a document in some team share that hasn't been named according to the correct standards (if at all) is a thing of the past. Small reference tables can be on the same page as meeting notes taken about the data, and any documentation referring to it. Vendor documents - often in a PDF format - are easy to keep together with internal documents. It's a huge step up in organization, and a solid product!

Derek from Samurai Hire

Transition was hard

Now that the transition is over with, I have grown quite acclimated to it and also set it up for my business to share notes with candidates, hiring managers, and contract workers.

Pros

I like that I can access my notes from anywhere and across devices

Cons

Importing from other software (evernote) was a bear and I ended up having to copy pages individually and reformat everything. Exporting a onenote data file is convoluted as well, and should be easier, especially when it comes to troubleshooting or needing to reinstall.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

Expensive and restrictive across devices

Loralee from Her Portable Biz

Easier than Evernote

Pros

I started using Onenote in 2007, and used it for everything. Then, everyone began recommending Evernote and I jumped on the bandwagon, but years later I realized that I was only saving things in Evernote - not accessing the information, using my checklists, etc. This year I've switched back to using Onenote and haven't looked back. It's at my fingertips with all of my devices, loads quickly, and everything is sorted in a way that makes logical sense to me. I can capture things I've found from around the web with the webclipper tool (very similar to the way the webclipper works with Evernote) I can even use the bookmarks tool to add personal notes, recommendations and then share with other entrepreneurs.

Cons

- sharing sections of a onenote doc with others often requires them to log in, even if it's just set to "view only" - Moving items between Folders is difficult (moving to other sections inside a folder is easy) - it doesn't integrate with as many other apps as Evernote

Rim from Self employed

Simple Microsoft OneNote review

Being self employed , it is very important for me to manage multiple tasks at any time and from everywhere which requires a lot of organization . Microsoft OneNote has made my freelancer journey much easier and practical because of the different useful features that help me get a better organization and manage my projects in a more efficient way . I'm confident that I wouldn't have been able to achieve some milestones without the efficient use of the software that became a big part of my daily working routine .

Pros

Since I have started using it a couple months ago , Microsoft OneNote has became a mandatory tool for my note taking and business organisation . It is practical and comes up with a very useful feature which is real time collaboration that enables me to share my documents with other collaborators if needed . A part from that , the design and structure of the software guarantees a good organization for all my files while securing them . Last but not least , I can access my files from multiple devices and carry on my work from everwhere at any time !

Cons

There isn't much to not like about Microsoft OneNote but I can still remember my confusion at the very beginning of my use . It took me a couple of hours to figure out the functionning of the software but since then I got very comfortable with the different functions and appreciated the multiple features .

Jennifer from Sole Proprietor

Excellent software to keep your business digitally organized.

Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with the way Microsoft OneNote has kept my business organized.

Pros

The ability to search across all notebooks, including scanned PDFs, has been a game changer.

Cons

I wish there were common templates available to import into my notebooks.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

I found that OneNote had a better user interface. I was also already paying for other Microsoft Office products that I use on a daily basis, and OneNote was included in the price so economically it made sense to switch.

Richard from Business Consultant

Worth mastering to organise and find notes

It is worth planning how to use OneNote. As a basic principle, I have all my filing structured the same across my apps and devices. My folders, bookmarks, emails and OneNote notes all share the same structure. This formed a good starting point when I decided to use OneNote seriously. the best thing is to get going, reflect and improve.

Pros

Excellent search across all books. Highly flexible note taking: Type written, sketch, shapes, links to urls (useful for research) as well as to files and other notebooks Tags that work across different notebooks. Section and page groupings Ability to move sections and pages to other locations. Text formatting with headings Extract to MS Word - useful for grouping notes from interviews or enquiries Integrates seamlessly to OneNote on Android

Cons

No native vba engine to add functionality such as date sorting. This can be overcome by buying Onetastic add ins which are also modifiable. Two versions of OneNote if you install MS Office. At least the pen button can now be configured to open the desired version of OneNote.

MOHAMMEDALMUSTAFA from Sudanese Thermal Power Generating Co.Ltd

My simple review

The software helped me to save time and money, and helped me increase my profits at the same time, because it is very important to share data in my work and modify it by the staff, also it was important to make and manage notes many times and that's what Microsoft onenote provided.

Pros

The whole software is great, starting with the interface and view with ease of use, I can easily share files with links that allow my colleagues a unique experience with the possibility of editing, as well as the possibility of returning all the content saved using cloud storage, I kept all the links of my pages that I work on and all the notes I collect during my work and then rearrange them later with ease and security.

Cons

I can't sharing only one section with my colleagues, it's not a big deal but it'll be a good thing to try.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

I was looking for a creative software to help me with my business.

Victor from Stoneleaf Construction LLC

OneNote for all! Long Live Microsoft OneNote

Pros

The TCO is very attractive since this handy app comes with MS Office 365 or 2016, older versions has it too. The App allows you to freely add notes handwriting and store images within the content, and the most exciting thing is that you can use in your computer, on the web, on your phone, tablet or wherever you go you can sync your notes. Sharing notebooks grants a plus to this app for fast and easy collaboration in real time with others. Even if they do not have the app themselves.

Cons

I'd like that the app could have the option to save files of greater than 100MB in OneNote. This would allow the use of embdedded video for instance. Rather than the File storage limit I didn't found any other negative aspect. Improve first-use sync/download time and experience, sometimes gets lagged on the first sync or under LTE bad connections using smartphones. On Android can crash sometimes if the app is not up to date with the latest releases.

Madi from Quinipet Camp & Retreat Center

Online note-taking for a person who loves paper

I prefer OneNote over all other online note-taking software. I think that it is easy to use, organize, and customize. For a person who prefers taking notes on paper, OneNote is my favorite way to save paper.

Pros

I like how customizable OneNote makes your notebooks. As someone who really prefers taking notes on physical paper, OneNote feels like the best online option because it is so easy to filter, label, and sort through your notes. I like being able to subtitle pages and have specific virtual notebooks that are dedicated to my different subjects.

Cons

Honestly, I think OneNote is one of the best software pieces that Microsoft puts out. I use Google for most things, but I think that OneNote feels more organized than GoogleDocs for some reason, for me.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

For some reason, OneNote makes me feel more organized. I like having different notebooks and being able to label them as much or as little as I need to.

Simon from UpRight Avenue

If you have Office365 then use OneNote

I need shared notes, I have O365 so why would I pay for something else.

Pros

It's included, it works, even multi user editing of notes. It syncs the notes offline if needed. notes have lots of functionality (almost everything I used from Evernote) plugs in the MS Graph and therefore Flows

Cons

sync isn't clear. Doesn't always work, not obvious whether things are synced or not, and conflict resolution sucks

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft OneNote

this did not have an extra cost

Sandy from Almost Anything LLC

OneNote helps me keep track of business and life

I use OneNote every day, all day. It has my daily tasks and I journal it in at night. I have been able to go mostly paperless as a result of using OneNote in my life.

Pros

The best thing about OneNote is the search feature. I have 140 notebooks and without the robust search feature, it would be difficult to find things so quickly. OneNote is easy to use and helps me organize and track everything from medical information to client data. It also integrates with Outlook, Word and Excel, making workflow very streamlined. I use all the versions including desktop, online and the mobile app - allowing me to have all my information readily available all the time. I create checklists, templates, and forms in addition to free style writing.

Cons

It's difficult to find anything negative about this software. If anything, the limited functionality of the online version (onenote.com) compared to the desktop version would be my only complaint.

Justin from Lancaster Bible College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Microsoft OneNote

I love onenote! It has revolutionized my ability to collaborate with others and take personal notes for meetings or other work functions.

Pros

Incredibly easy collaboration for use across teams. A key feature here is the default setting that bolds all text added by other users, making it very easy to identify comments or additions made since your lost log in. Additionally, the hierarchy of notebook-sections-pages allows for categorization of large amounts of information. The ability to type or hand-write (if you have a touch device) really provides flexibility and a true alternative to written notebooks. You can also convert comments or ideas to to-do action items with check boxes. Finally, the ability to drag and drop files takes this notebook to the next level compared to similar products.

Cons

The primary con is consistency in syncing up notebooks between users. When I collaborate with others, i encounter sync issues occasionally. Any breakdowns typically occur the first time the onenote is opened, but once both users are able to access the notebook this issue seems to not be a problem.

Susan from iFern

Microsoft OneNote Review

Overall, I would say I had a great experience with Microsoft OneNote. It has been beneficial in my personal notetaking which involves business ideas and business plans. Microsoft OneNote has helped me to organize my files, notes, and ideas. This allowed me to keep track of all the necessary details which I need to be able to run my business smoothly. I like how I can take notes whenever and wherever. This software is useful.

Pros

Microsft OneNote is easy to use. This is user-friendly software. It allows me to write my notes on one device and yet, I get to open it on another device. Its cloud syncing is superb. It's also easy to sync events with the calendar. I also like how it allows voice recording in the middle of note-taking. I also get to draw doodles or diagrams in my notes. I also like how it allows me to link different pages and create templates, which can all be saved.

Cons

I think one feature that can be improved in this software is the addition of integration with Google Calendar or Google Drive. So far, Microsoft Note doesn't allow this integration yet but perhaps it can be done in the future. It would be great if this integration would be made possible. Also, the ability to draw on notes is not supported in iPhones. Good thing, I'm using Android. But it would be great if the drawing feature would also be made available in iPhones. The drawing tools are also limited. I think the addition of more drawing tools would be a great improvement to this software.

Jill from Raspberry Rentals

Great Software for Unusual Project Management Needs

OneNote is our go-to software for keeping all aspects of project management in one place. If I'm building something unusual, like a property design layout, I can put the floorplans, design palettes, purchase furniture and accessory photos and budget spreadsheets all in one place to know what I have, and what I still need. If you haven't tried OneNote, give it a go - it's really intuitive and you might be surprised at just how much data you can gather and place from other sources.

Pros

OneNote gives me one place to put all the information I need to see at once, from pictures to spreadsheets to weblinks. I find the software incredibly helpful in visualizing connectivity between data, or, for project management, in having all aspects of the project in one place. I particularly love that OneNote can direct link to Excel spreadsheets, and I can use them right on the spot, next to all the other non-Excel data.

Cons

I do wish that OneNote made collaboration between folks of disparate operating systems a little easier, and had better features to update any particular note that was being used by two parties at once (a big ask, I know!). And perhaps if there were more printing options or solutions for unusually shaped notes, vs shrinking everything into teeny tiny bits or individually selecting what you want to print.

Bridgette from Strattix Inc

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and Efficient

Great product, useful for both personal and business needs! Would highly recommend to the public.

Pros

1) All your meeting minutes, engagement notes and general notes are located in 1 easy to reach location 2) Pages can easily be sub-divided and color coded, making it effortless to organize your notes, and stay that way 3) The platform's color scheme is fantastic lets be honest!

Cons

1) I am not a huge fan of the lack of connectivity to Microsoft Teams. I have now worked at two jobs where we were forced to delete the Notebooks and start over due to an error or a corrupted OneNote Tab within Teams 2) Its a bit cumbersome in the mobile format on the app. Still gets the job done but it could be improved 3) I would appriciate the ability to add more "tabs" before the section tab. I know it sounds odd, but in One Note you can only add a section tab and a pages tab after, I would like a 3rd level of differentation.

As a writer, OneNote is indispensable.

Pros

For a writer, OneNote is indispensable. When writing, you want to have an outline fleshed out so that once you start writing, it's easy to connect the dots since you've already done the pre-work. OneNote enables this easily. I can create separate sections for Characters, Outlines, Plotting, and Settings. Within those sections, I have pages such as Character 1, 2, 3 etc. Arc 1, 2, 3, Cities, Shops, Homes. Once I start writing, I keep the outlines section open, where I break it into 5 10,000 word pages. If I need any information from the other sections or pages, it's as easy as clicking over to them. Since I started doing this, plotting and outlining is a breeze.

Cons

Exporting as a PDF isn't available online, you have to have the local for that. Sometimes it doesn't sync well, so I have to manually re-sync the two to get things back in order. My biggest con though is that my sort order doesn't stay put. Whenever I log out, the next day, my sections aren't in the order I put them in, so I have to go back and re-organize them. It's definitely a pain that, while it's a small issue, when you do it every single day it adds up to a rather large annoyance.

Lindsay from Diversified systems resources

Microsoft OneNote

Overall I have had a neutral experience with using Microsoft Onenote. I do not plan to use it outside of my work for personal use. It is a requirement for the company I am employed with for it to be used during our six weeks training course.

Pros

I use Microsoft onenote currently in my on the job training class. It is very simple to make organized notes that are always accessible to me via the internet. We are also using this to collaborate on a group project that has to be completed with participation of 6 other adults. You are able to collaborate along with your Microsoft teams and share notes with your members of your team.

Cons

It was difficult to figure out how to share your individual pages of a notebook without having to share the entire workbook. It only appeared to be a possibility if you are accessing the program via the mobile app.