Browse Zoho Notebook Reviews

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Sorting note and idea with Zoho Notebook

Working with this software in managing my ideas, note and web-clip really let me to be more effective in those area. It has cloud storage that let me to save my note on my phone, then continue working with it from my computer or tablet.

Pros

I love taking a snapshot of website design or the marketing creative advertisement, and Zoho Notebook web clipper really help me to manage all the snapshot and organize it to its categorize and the date taken. It is really important for me, as i can referring back to the snapshot when i need idea for my marketing product.

Cons

Not many option for exporting my notes outside the software. I can only satisfies with the PDF option for working with my note with other software. The viewing option is also lack of option, as i can't set the viewing to 'details' as it will help me to see all the note better. An option to grouping the note also can help with organizing all my notes.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

Zoho Notebook is more efficient in saving my digital notebook.

Suhailah from 7-Eleven Malaysia

Zoho Notebook review

This software has really help me organizing my days and help me planned for my schedule. The security provided also let my notes keep protected and secured and i feel happy with that. Taking notes with this software is very easy and fun sometimes.

Pros

Using this software to replace my old physical notebook into a digital notebook is really helpful as i can access to all my notes very easy from anywhere as long there are connection with the internet. Not only text of note, it also can support video and picture to be added on the notes.

Cons

The notification for the daily task is not really helpful as sometimes, it not triggering the notification for the event reminder that i has place on it. It has cost me a lot as i will be missing the event or the task that i has planned. Thing that i think they should add is a feature to share the note easily to a messenger application like Telegram.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

I feel more comfortable arranging notes and task using Zoho Notebook and they offer a better feature for it.

Ryan from Temple University

Extremely basic, even for a free option

If you're looking for something simple, no-frills, and very stripped down, this may be a good option for you, but don't look for particularly sophisticated or advanced features like you might expect from Evernote or OneNote.

Pros

There are a few nice features offered by Zoho Notebook that are nevertheless not particularly functional or useful. You can, for example, choose your own picture to adorn the covers of your various notebook icons instead of simply picking a color. There is also available two-factor authentication, which is great for keeping things extra secure, and the interface is so pared down that it is almost impossible not to immediately figure out how the software works. It does also have good cross-platform support.

Cons

Zoho Notebook is missing a lot of extremely basic functionalities, many of which are related to its severely limited WYSIWYG editor. The font cannot be changed, there are extremely few formatting options, and the bits of formatting that you are allowed to use oftentimes change if you close and then reopen a note. Line breaks vs. paragraphs are extremely problematic (the software doesn't seem to recognize the difference between the two). It also lacks robust tagging or organizational features.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Easy application for note taking

In my line of work, creativity and ideas are very important and i constantly need my note book to jot down my note. Using this application to save all my ideas and thought is very easy as i can access it anytime and anywhere.

Pros

Taking note or saving my ideas in note is easy to do using Zoho Notebook either from my desktop computer or my mobile device. Not only text media, audio and picture also can be added to the note but with limitation on the file size. Saving my notes digitally is more secure than using physical notebook.

Cons

It does not support offline environment as it will always need internet connection to access back my notes in the program. If the note can be saves on my desktop as backup alternative will really help me to get my note back if i don't have internet connection.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

Zoho Notes has more option for notes taking and more tools to share my note with my team.

Shows promise

Decent process for importing from Evernote (though I did have to email support for help). The forums seem to be monitored daily, but there isn't any direct support. I have some concern about this before switching permanently.

Pros

Very nice interface, available on most platforms. Has a feature to import from Evernote, which works reasonably well.

Cons

Desperately needs a "list view" and advanced search functionality. Being able to search on single terms only (no logic) is very tough for larger notebooks.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

The new version (v10) of Evernote is pretty, but functionally horrible. It's extremely slow, and most keyboard shortcuts are gone. I reverted to v6 to retain sanity, and am trying out alternatives.

Fadiah from Maybank

Best product for note taking

This software is really exciting as it really making the note taking in a more fun process and make me want to use it often.

Pros

Zoho Notebook is best for note taking and document arrangement. The task tools also can be shared and i can collaborate the task with my team that are using the same software. The notebook is very flexible and i can add various type of media like photo and clip video on the notebook.

Cons

The only thing that i think i dislike with Zoho Notebook is the software will be very sluggish after a clip video are embedded on the note. It taking so much time for the video to be rendered and to be able to be play on the software. The photo or audio will also take some time, but not too bad as the video clip.

Stephen from self Employed

Zoho Notebook Review

The amazing instantaneously syncing feature that gives the ability to sync notes created across all devices with the same sign in. The ability to use the search feature to locate key words text created in any note.

Pros

I am able to include various type media to the notes like pictures, voice notes, hyperlinks, and videos. Very user friendly and with Vibrant color note pages and with very little resource needed to install it to most platforms .

Cons

The inability to share created notes to other social media platforms or email.

Dipannita from Yummy Chilis

A Quality Note-taking Software

Zoho Notebook is a good software. It comes with many advantages, specially their cloud-feature is pretty awesome. However, there are some rooms for improvement and the authority should consider that.

Pros

There is no denying the fact that cloud-based softwares is so better in terms of performance and accessibility. No exception here at all. I loved Zoho Notebook because of its easy accessibility. I can access my notes from anywhere in the world. Not only that, I can access my notes from different types of devices. It doesn’t matter whether it’s my laptop or mobile phone, it can be accessed from anything. Besides, the checklist feature motivated me to do my tasks in time. I also love the reminder options as it helped me to remain on track of my tasks.

Cons

However, I think Zoho Notebook needs to fix some issues. First of all, the speed issue. This software is a little bit slow compared to other competitions. Especially, when there are too many data or media files, Zoho Notebook becomes quite slow. Besides, notes are presented as cards which I don’t like much.

Julieta from PDVSA Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Very pleasant and easy to use.

Pros

Zoho Notebook is a fairly easy to use program and with a creative touch and a good aesthetic level, its small agendas allow me to organize and catalog the information I'm pointing, Notebook comes to replace those awful notes on papers that were previously watered by my desk. I have no limits to make lists, I definitely recommend it.

Cons

A digital notebook which I use daily in my work and I enjoy doing it a lot, since its functions are very complete and adapted to my needs and work objectives, therefore, I have no complaints about this software.

Kaila from Kayte Kat

Industry: Graphic Design

My favorite Notebook

Zoho Notebooks is the application I use most for note-taking.

Pros

I love that I am able to customize the covers of my notebooks as well as the color of each note!

Cons

I would like to have a variety of fonts to choose from. Unfortunately you cannot choose your font.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

I switched because Zoho Notebooks has more customization options.

Norzihan from Maxis

Saving notes online

I really like that there are no limitation in creating my notes in this software and no space size limitation for the notes. The notes is so smart that it will automatically combines the content on the same folder and produce a interactive note cards.

Pros

I really like that the notes is saved on the cloud online, and i can access back to my notes anytime that i need and it is accessible from various type of electronics that i own like mobile phone and my Ipad. The checklist keep me on top of my daily task and as a reminder for things that i had planned.

Cons

The software will running slow if there are too much information/data in the notes especially for my sketch card when i am adding a sketch and attach it with audio and photo. There are some webpage that are not supported by this software and i can't use the website clipper to clip the website page.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

Zoho Notebook can saves a note in more creative ways and easy accessible to the note back.

Hafizah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Easy access to online note

Pros

I enjoy that the notes are kept on the online cloud storage so that I can access them whenever I need them and that they are available from various types of gadgets that I possess, such as my iPhone and my iPad. The checklist helps me stay ahead of my daily activities and also works as a reminder for items I'd forgotten about.

Cons

If there is too much media and text in the notes, the software will slow down, especially when making a sketch and attaching it with audio and a photo to my sketch card. Some websites do not recognize this application, and I cannot activate the website clippers to save the page.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Notebook

PandaDoc cloud storage is not as good as what Zoho Notebook has offered.

Haszilah from Telekom Malaysia

The good and bad of Zoho Notebook

Pros

I liked Zoho Notebook since it was elementary to use. My notes are accessible from any platform or device that I possess. Furthermore, the checklist function encouraged me to complete my chores on time. I particularly appreciate the reminder choices since they helped me stay on track with my responsibilities.

Cons

However, I believe Zoho Notebook has several flaws that need to be addressed. First and foremost, this application speed is relatively slow in loading its resources and asset. In comparison to other competitors, this application is a little inefficient. Zoho Notebook becomes somewhat sluggish when there are a lot of data or media assets. Furthermore, the notes are displayed as cards, which I prefer on another form of display.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Solid web clipper and note-taking app but no replacement for Google Keep

It's nicely designed but it's underpowered compared to the competition. I'm not a big fan of Evernote but Zoho Notebook looks weak in comparison. I'll stick with Keep since it integrates with Google Docs, my main writing too.

Pros

I like the clean interface for the web app and the web clipper itself is easy to use. There's a contextual menu for clipping selected text, taking a screenshot (full-page), entering into a minimalist reader view, or creating a link card. Once the web clipper is open by clicking its browser button, you can also create a quick note in various colors. In the web app, notes and cards can be arranged into groups or tagged. The covers of notebooks can be customized, which is a nice touch. Clips updated in the web app in real time.

Cons

Just like Keep, you can't clip images directly from the web. You can upload them via the web app or the clipper, however. But that's not ideal. Some sort of misguided copyright concern. This is not going to prevent anyone from either collecting images or misusing them. It's just going to annoy users. Tasks can only be created via the apps not the web clipper. Notebook doesn't integrate with Zoho Writer or any other Zoho app so it's very much a standalone.

Samantha from Kitten's Cabaret

My Favorite Notebook App for Android

Zoho Notebook is where I keep all of my thoughts I don't want to forget and my to do lists.

Pros

What I liked most about Zoho Notebook is that it was really easy to organize my thoughts into different distinguishable notebooks.

Cons

What I liked least about Zoho Notebook is that it laggs sometimes when creating a new page or new notebook.

best notetaking app!

Since I use it for free, there are nothing I can complain about, this is my go-to app for notetaking.

Pros

This software is free to use and have the nicest user interface I ever seen on a notetaking app. This app available on the internet and also downloadable on Google Playstore so basically you can access your note everywhere. Besides, you can also edit your note offline and sync it when you have internet connection.

Cons

Overall there are nothing I don't like about this software. But sometimes my note went missing for no reason and cannot be found.

Nice Interface for Organizing Notes while Still Simple to Use

I'm using Zoho Notebook to store questions and thoughts which come up over time that I don't want to forget, as well as recommendations that people make during conversations that I don't want to forget. As I'm running multiple facets of our business, this has made it much easier to not lose track of questions and thoughts I've had in the many new areas that I spin up on on a daily basis.

Pros

It's very simple to use, but the visual interface make it easier to sort and view multiple categories of notes. For something that I'll use often to jot down questions and thoughts, I prefer this to something like simplenote, which is also very simple to use, but makes it harder to organize and view different topics of notes. It can be used from a phone app or the web, making it convenient for a wide variety of situations. It's also free!

Cons

I have not yet input enough notes for this to happen, but if you are using it to keep track of a wide variety of notes from multiple areas in your life I could see it becoming unwieldy, and requiring a system with more features.

The Best Notebook

I love this notebook and I have tried many. It allows me to create as many notebooks I want for better filing of information. The web browser extension is a great tool that adds ease and quick note taking ability. I use it like a personal organizer and it benefits me everyday to be productive.

Pros

I absolutely love this App. Zoho Notebook is a web-based note taking tool. It allows you to take notes, make checklists, record audio, and capture clips. I can even save PDF to a note for later printing or viewing. Everything is instantly synced to your devices and the cloud. Checkout the browser extensions too. It's ADD FREE!! Personally I would tell anyone looking for a great Notebook or even anyone already using a notebook to stop what they are doing and download Zoho Notebook on all your devices.

Cons

I would like the ability to name each note when using the web clipper extension so I know what exactly the saved clip is about without having to open the note first.

Sharon from Traditional Edge Designs

Zoho Notebook app is FUN!

The moment I opened it up, It was fun and joyful. I like the security of a passcode so you don't have anyone snooping in on your notes, thoughts and expression. its a digital diary...thats what it is. It can also be a great place have a gratitude list and jot down ideas. Saves paper which I like. Its free so that a plus. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of Word or Notes, this is the perfect solution for notes and it integrates with Evernote. Want a fun way to take notes or liven up a to do list? Zoho Notebook is the way to go.

Pros

I love that it's fun and easy to use. Colorful bright and really takes the blah out of blogging and taking random notes. I love the custom notebook covers and ways to express yourself with colored paper, photographs and within some apps take voice notes. Its just fun and allows you express yourself. Great for teens. You never lose a note because if you have cloud service it saves directly there. No more lost papers in the sofa or that the puppy tore up.

Cons

The limited amount of fonts. I wish there were more. Thats the only thing

Spoorthy from Monk Fusion

Simply the best way to save your notes

Save all your notes at one place with access to different platforms is great.

Pros

This is one of the best app with simple and clean UI. Colourful book cover unlimited books can be created. Take your notes with you all the time. Sync between multiple devices and available on every platform so you don't need to worry about access. And it is free forever.

Cons

I would be great if they had something which can push your notes or maybe the blogpost material directly to wordpress

Pritesh from AdvisingOm LLC

This App Continues To Impress Me

It's given me faith that good products by good companies still exists.

Pros

I love testing out new apps and there's a lot of notebook/journal/notes apps but none of the many I've come across are as powerful, easy to use, functional and enjoyable as Zoho Notebook. Let alone how remarkable it is compared to free or feemium products, it is free to use and still blows away the apps that cost money to use. Voice recording, lists, notes, journals, multiple notebooks, backups and so much more. Just everyday there's something to love about this small yet powerful app.

Cons

Nothing. There's nothing to not like about Zoho Notebook. It's user friendly, free, and everything you want in a notebook.

Great Support

My experience with Zoho is really good I been using it to take notes.

Pros

Its a great product and the company has great support. Its free and you can store an unlimited amount of notes

Cons

Sometimes the sync gets all out of whaked and then you have to get support to fix it but other than that it works great.

Handy For Simple Note-taking

I've had a pretty good experience with Zoho Notebook. It's handy when it comes to storing things like simple references, recipes, quick checklists, etc.

Pros

Zoho Notebook is free and works on multiple platforms. It's also web-based, which makes it platform-neutral. Notes are organized into books with customizable covers and you can create as many notebooks as you want.

Cons

On the mobile app version, it only works in portrait mode. Also, once a note is created, it can't be moved into a different notebook.

Maria from Panamalex

Notes to protect the environment

Pros

I can write notes, record audios, take pictures, I can do many things and without excuse of not having something to keep it. Excellent to give a different use to the cell phone and capture the ideas.

Cons

I would like to share these notes in a way that maintains the software essence.

Rithvik from Open Hardware Days

Industry: Research

Just loving Zoho Notebook

No more worries of losing what you write, sync to all devices. and everything for free. No storage limits like one note and evernote

Pros

Best note taking app, I used one note and evernote but this one is the best app till now. A simple and clean way to save your notes. I generally use it to write my blog post so I can access them everywhere. You can keep unlimited notes no limit and it's for free.

Cons

Need a list view hope they come up with that soon

Finally a notebook app that works for me!

Pros

It works the way I work. Visually. It's like having a stack of notebooks for different topics without having the clutter of a stack of notebooks.

Cons

An autosave function would be nice. A page of notes sitting unsaved on my desktop doesn't help much when I'm away from my desk!

This is one of the must have app for an IOS user.

It is very creative experience of note taking.

Pros

I like the way it opens the notes which is very creative. Using Zoho Notebook is fun. You can change the background colour, Pencil Colour. Keep images as a note.

Cons

I found there is no image editing option in this tool.

Danielle from MooseFrappe

Zoho Notebook: Best online notebook I've found

Makes it so much easier to keep track of things online.

Pros

I love being able to add any sort of content, whether its notes, checklists, links, files, pictures, or any combination of those. I know there's alot of apps similar to Zoho Noteook; I swear I have tried way more than I can count, but they were always too...much. Too complicated for why I was wanting a notepad. I didn't want to spend an hour learning how to use, then set up, a simple notebook. The layout is easy to understand and very tasteful.

Cons

I have no complaints at this point-- I absolutely this software!

Basic but powerful

Pros

Sometimes simple is best. It does what it does, does it well, and only does that. It has background colors, text formatting (Bold, Italics, Cross-Out, Underline, and Highlight), indenting, justification, bullet points, numbering, checkboxes (that actually tick checked or not), links, images, and page breaks. You can organize notes in notebooks with gorgeous covers. Favorite items. Definitely useful for just plain notes.

Cons

It is fairly simple, I would like a different note view when on the web app. Adding the ability for columns and templates would be great as well.

David from Hawaiian South Shore

Easy, no learning curve, Free , IOS app. and it syncs fast.

placing all my notes in the cloud and it syns with out slowing any of my devices and it's FREE...at least for now.

Pros

I was using Microsoft OneNote on my Mac and Iphone. On my mac it slowed it down when it would syn and sometimes it would not open. So I wanted an alternative and Zoho is easy, doesn't slow my mac down and it's super easy to use. No learning curve for me, plus it's free for now.

Cons

I set up a reminder a few times from my iphone but for some reason it didnt remind me. Maybe settings are not correct, not sure about that. I would be nice if the Ical or google calendar syncs with it.

Elvis from Panamalex

A digital notebook

Pros

Do not lose an idea This app is excellent for creating lists, recording, writing, writing ideas and more. I also like that you can export PDF and share public links and set expiration dates.

Cons

Only a little thing. I would like that people whom I share the links, could write comments.

Simple alternative to Evernote!

Pros

I like how honest they are on their website. Sure, they haven't been along as much as Evernote, but they offer such a beautiful platform and easy to use for note taking. I really enjoy the versatile formats you can use for your notes. It's also synced on all your devices.

Cons

Less features compared to Evernote. Chapters and book-like capabilities are still missing, but I'm sure they won't hesitate to add those in soon enough.

A simple note taking app always synced

Pros

It is free and allow to take various types of notes (sound, pictures, list with checkbox, make a favorite, place reminder. It also has an icon in the menubar on Mac; this allows to open a new note quickly at any time

Cons

Notes are presented as cards, there is no possibility to have a list view which takes less space. It is intended for quick notes, not for more sophisticated things like Evernote, at least for me.

Peter from Camber Dynamics

The App Works Well, but the Cloud Sync Isn't Great + It Can't Sync to Any CRM

Pros

-The UI is fantastic. Really straightforward, pretty, and powerful. -I love the different types of notes (e.g. voice recording notes, checklist notes, attachment notes, etc.) -It really holds up super well with Evernote or Mac Notes. It's also got a GREAT (award-winning) iOS app.

Cons

-The cloud syncing isn't on point. I've had a few times where I've created a note on my phone, but it didn't sync to my computer 5 hours later because I hadn't clicked "done". -It can't sync to any other services. Even to Zoho CRM :(

Kayla from Panamalex

For the brainstorming

Pros

This application for my cell phone is excellent to not lose any ideas. It also helps me create reminders and organize things I have to do.

Cons

I do not know if I'm doing something wrong but the reminders appear as notifications, not as alarms. Everything is ok.

Craig from Prodigm Inc.

Zoho Notebook

I love Zoho Notebook and recommend that you try it if you are using Evernote. They have a migration tool to make the switch easy.

Pros

I like the accessibility through the web plugin and Zoho Mail Integration. The web plugin allows for image editing of screen shots aiding one's notes further. The familiar system of notebooks makes the app easy to use. Color coding of notes is also useful. The notes Zoho had previously did not touch Evernote or Microsoft OneNote. Zoho is really catching up - enough that I am not sure if they have caught up or not. Certainly as a free alternative the its a no brainer.

Cons

Until it has been around longer to be able to extend its list of integrations Zoho Notebook is still going to lag behind the leaders.

William from Ker Seguros

Do not lose your ideas

Pros

This application for your cell phone is excellent for creating notes, lists, you can create reminders, everything you need like a brainstorm style.

Cons

I like that it exports as PDF but I would like it to be exported as an image too.

Retno from LBPP LIA Bogor

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A Solid Note Apps the Most People Don't Know

Pros

It has all the features that a light note taker needs. It organized the notes into virtual notebooks and it's colorful. It's also free.

Cons

It lacks the more advanced features of paid alternatives.

Jockie from Emeritis

The Free Visually-Stunning Note Taking Alternative

Pros

It seems like the developer put a lot of thoughts on the visual. Zoho Notebook looks beautiful. It also supports various kinds of notes as text, audio, checklist, and more. It's available on various platforms and syncs to multiple devices. And the best of all, it's free.

Cons

It's still not available for Windows, and it doesn't support spreadsheet creation. Yet.

Deepak from AblySoft Pvt. Ltd.

This tool is on top of my list for managing notes.

I can safely keep my notes at one place.

Pros

The best thing I link about this tool is that you can grouping your notes by creating different notes books and add notes in them. The search funtion is also a plus point.

Cons

It has all the features I need to manage my notes. So there is nothing which I don't like about this software.

Jose from Ker Seguros

digital sticky notes

Pros

Whenever I have an idea or want to plan something short, so as not to lose the idea, I love using these notes. In the same way I can share ideas with my contacts in a simple, different and elegant way.

Cons

A good option would be that for example, the lists could be shared by some type of messaging such as WhatsApp and that allowed to mark the options.

Arun from Sunday Disturbers

Industry: Writing and Editing

Handy tool to make Notes

Best alternative to large applications which provide service with ads.

Pros

Making notes across various devices such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Mobile devices and also on web. Its completely free and even Ad free. Supports text, Images, checker and other file options too.

Cons

Email configuration or any other notification is needed for reminder purpose. Attachments should also be provided for storing along with text.

Fausto from Design

Helpful notebook for saving website information

Pros

I take a lot of screenshots to save some important information I just want to have for later, normally those screenshots endup in my lost documents. I wanted something to save information a quick way, and I found this notebook plugin. Its been working like a charm better than expected

Cons

I struggled a little bit at first, Sometimes it logged me out to my account and I need to log me in again

Adhi from Palladium - BANTU Project

An Unexpectedly Good Notebook App

Pros

My friend recommended the app to me as Evernote alternative. I have no high expectation, but it’s really good, and it’s free. It’s easy to use, looks good, and supports many file types. It organizes notes into notebooks, with the notebook visuals and everything. It’s also colorful.

Cons

This app would be more perfect if it can create spreadsheets and supports simple database.

Sudeep from Crimson AI

Industry: Writing and Editing

Prettier than Evernote, but not as good

Pros

A lot of customization—notebook cover, colours, layout, reminders, etc. Scanning is a really good feature. The UI is very appealing to the eye.

Cons

I can copy and clip as I could in Evernote. That is perhaps a major lacking feature. Also, lack of shortcuts, which is frustrating when I am working on multiple tabs and have to extract just tiny bits of info from each.

Great Evernote alternative

Pros

Zoho Notebook is a solid alternative to Evernote. The interface is clean, and it checks all the boxes you'd want it to (mobile support, iPad support). I especially like the ability to quickly see the notes from my Apple Watch.

Cons

If you're already an Evernote user, I'm not sure there's enough compelling reasons to switch over, but it is solid nonetheless.

Nicole