(5,085)

5,085

(3,166)

3,166

• Pros

• "It's beautiful, easy to configure, and extremely customize able. "

• "I love how this app is so simple and easy to use. This is by far the best project managing app I've seen. "

• "I really liked and enjoyed the prefessional look and the features to keep the tasks under control, very good!"

• Cons

• "tool is great but it is not easy to understand some of the things are very complicated for example tags option "

• "Initial setup and learning takes a bit of time. It is user friendly but involves some investigation to find how to navigate."

• "The Asana interface is simple to use on the computer, but the navigation is less intuitive when being viewed on mobile. "

Browse Asana Reviews

Michael from Australian Institute of Family Studies

Great task-management and collaboration tool

It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros

It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons

Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Jira was over-engineered for our requirements.

Rachel from Truth Matters Ministries

This is your new (improved) pile of sticky notes

Love Asana and how it's improved our organization and functionality, especially with a completely remote team working together across timezones.

Pros

LOVE being able to label, sort, prioritize, date, assign, attach files to items, create sub lists, and so much more to organize multiple complex projects with a team. Especially helpful when everyone works remotely! Helps you keep your brain free for problem solving, processing, conversations, and dreaming rather than trying to hold deadlines and details and project flows at the same time. Your team will communicate more efficiently with notifications. LOVE IT!

Cons

It can be a little complex to get the hang of, but for basic use it's a pretty simple learning curve. Getting into timelines, sub lists, etc takes a little work, but is totally worth it. The other caveat is that you have to commit actually using it all the time to keep it updated and accurate. Again, totally worth it.

Aliz from HP Inc

Industry: Computer Hardware

Good Startup Project Management Tool

It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons

I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For the price and the features, when I tried the free version I felt much more comfortable with this tool than the others.

FAIBREY from John Deere

Industry: Farming

Simplified teamwork with improved transparency

We have seen an improvement in reporting standards since we started using Asana. Team members are transparent and it is very easy to see everything and help those that are having challenges completing projects.

Pros

We started using it on free trial and we realized the first week that this is the software we wanted. One of the best factors is that it is updated regularly to add new features without an additional fee on us. With our team we are able to set goals and divide them into smaller goals that are distributed among team members in the software and we are able to track easily progress on each goal based on deadlines. We are able to track workloads and monitor portfolios on a single dashboard with a few clicks which makes it very user friendly. When we rolled it out we did not need special training as it is very easy to use. We automated all routine tasks in the software to save time and reduce errors. In addition, another feature I enjoy is the use of forms that are user friendly to submit work requests. They are very easy to fill.

Cons

Although it gives the option to secure documents and data from editing by enabling the comment-only feature, it does not restrict viewing of the data of which it is a feature they can add to make sure there is selection on who can view data among the team members.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana proved to be very useful within the first week of our trial period and we could not do otherwise but subscribing.

Robert from Bridgewater Web Services

Leading project management software for good reason

We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pros

The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Cons

The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Price point and mobile device support was in Asana's favor.

Aram from What Is Food

Great for operations

Overall, Asana is a great tool and has served the team really well. Repeating tasks, great mobile app, and overall simplicity have been a win. I do see that we are moving more towards tools like Notion that allow for more unstructured data and really robust description areas. That said, we still use Asana to manage the majority of repeat tasks as well as very well defined, 1 step tasks.

Pros

I love the mobile app, it's been really easy to get down quick tasks through the day. The simple list structure allows for rapid planning. Then leveraging the same list to create sections is great.

Cons

I feel limited to how I can filter and sort tasks from the team. The description section feels weak compared to tools like Notion.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Basecamp just felt like it was getting a lot of hate as well as having a long history with it, we wanted to try something new. We also liked the simplicity of Asana. Monday looks promising, but the lack of simple repeating tasks like Asana is a deal breaker for us.

Dimitris from re|direct

Great project management system

Asana is the defacto service that we use to run out of the entire business. Ideal for dealing with our internal processes and project management for our clients.

Pros

Asana does a great job of tracking the overall aspect of all our projects (internal and external). It is very easy to use and maintain as well as to customize the way that it works. So, we are able to create a seamless experience and workflow for all users on out organization. The ability to add multiple additional fields to the main fields of the system provides a great framework to work the exact way we want.

Cons

I would love to have more control over files that are stored on each task. A central system for storing would be ideal.

Shawn from Dallas Riffle Media

A great project management solution for small teams.

Asana has a clear interface, full feature set and user friendly interface.

Pros

The interface is very simple and easy to use. It is similar to an interactive checklist. We can break up each client into different jobs that all have certain tasks and sub-tasks. Tasks can easily be assigned to multiple different team members and have timelines assigned to them. There also is a fun animation of a creature like a phoenix or a yetti that flies across the screen when a task is marked as complete. Helps make production meetings more fun!

Cons

There are the occassional bugs. We originally had issues with sub-tasks becoming misplaced if you marked their parent task as complete. This has since been fixed. Overall, it's a lot better than others our team has used.

Victor from Filterfeed

Useful, but gets complex and expensive way too quickly

I'm acquiring overall visibility over my projects and managing tasks and schedules quite efficienty.

Pros

Useful. You can definitely get a handle on your work there. Integrations help deliver more value for the product.

Cons

Forces you into very expensive seats. In order to assign a simple task to a team member that may not be that important, but may be interested in having some visibility over the task, will cost you a full seat of a heavy user/team leader.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Timelines stood out. And the ability to integrate in a less complex way than with competitors.

Laura from Graphie

Not so simple but very useful

Asana is a nice tool, but it's just not for me. There was too much information on the screen and I would often get lost in the sea of tools they offer. But I recognize it is an amazing software and many teams can benefit from it while working online.

Pros

Asana has many different functionalities for project management. It has a beautiful and visual workspace where you can list, track and tackle different tasks in your daily work.

Cons

The main feature I dislike in Asana is its lack of functions for recurrent tasks. My work demands different routines every week and month, so it was a little bit difficult to set those up.

Asana is my favorite Kanban Product

I personally have had a dandy time with the product and would use it over Trello any day of the week. I think that the team has a great dev schedule and constantly improve the product and entire platform, clean up tech debt and make older services faster. The API docs can use some work but it is not a huge deal once you get used to them. I would tell anyone looking for a pro-featured Kanban setup to use Asana time and time again. Hands down my favorite and I have used a ton of them.

Pros

Asana gives you the tools to customize and even a great APi to leverage data from Asana into your own tools. Nothing can beat that. Yes it costs money, but you are getting a tool set that is worth the price. If you are looking for something cheap, this is not for you because you would not use all the features anyway.

Cons

Asana has a learning curve but has good docs to support you. The custom data aggregation or getting data OUT of the tool is hard, but again, can be done. I had issues that were solved by customer support. Just be ready for some additional time if you plan to write a custom app that uses the API

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Better support and better API - Atlassian has more downtime then they know what to do with.

Fillipe Neyl from Agência WX

Could be so much better if listened to their users

All of this made me look for "the source", I found Wrike and saw that everything Asana was releasing and charging more for it, was already availble in Wrike even before Asana. So we moved to Wrike and we're happier than ever ;-)

Pros

Asana changed the way we managed tasks and projects. The secret of Asana is the granular way you can create tasks. You start just typing the task name and decide what other information you should input and when. There's no friction at all, YOU are in control of it. With just the press of the "Enter" on your keyboard, another task os created, and so on. The magic happens when you start to input more info, the assignee, the due date, the custom fields, and much more. From a simple task list Asana becomes a powerful task management system.

Cons

Well, after so many great things I mentioned, it's clear that yourself and your team will evolve in task managment. The issue with Asana starts there. The need for more functionality becomes a pain, specially reporting, built in time tracking and things you discover other apps already offer for the same price Asana is charging you. The users start to complain a lot on the Asana Community, speccially after the removal of the dashboard feature (that needed an upgrade) and launch of the Portfolio feature , the upgrade Dashboard needed so badly... the thing is you could only get the the new feature paying double per user (the new Business Plan). Paying users started to lose trust in Asana after this, myself included. The thread about this is the one with most comments on the Asama Community forum. But after more than a year, customers only get canned responses. Another popular complaint is the one with hundreds of paying costumers asking Asana to remove a very disturbing colorful banner asking you to upgrade to the Business Plan. Everyone in yout team is gonna see it and even being a paid user there's no way of hiding it.

Shashank from Dotsquares

Easiest Way to Manage Your Team Work and Tasks Handling

We have many promoting enactments spread over different time spans and over numerous brands we own. Having the option to arrange the entirety of this successfully and keep everybody on time has been a huge assistance and has spared us endless long stretches of time. We utilize this apparatus day by day to keep everybody on target, and I was unable to be more joyful with the outcomes. We have seen an improvement in announcing guidelines since we began utilizing Asana. Colleagues are straightforward and it is anything but difficult to see everything and help those that are having difficulties finishing ventures.

Pros

It's anything but difficult to actualize and to installed new clients. The interface is alluring and instinctive. New highlights are showing up at regular intervals - the as of late included Portfolio/Workload include is splendid. Presently I get the Gantts I have to screen my group's remaining task at hand and our numerous undertakings. Incredible labeling and search capacities make it exceptionally easy to monitor our horde promoting enactments and all their related expectations. Including subtasks and including teammates errands makes it extremely simple to monitor who needs to do what and by when. Different perspectives like records, schedules, and kanban sheets make it open to everybody in the group who thinks and cycles data in an unexpected way. The UX is perfect and basic, and the 'my undertakings' and 'inbox' highlights help us all monitor what's going on in our allocated zones.

Cons

The main con I have is that there is fairly a lofty expectation to absorb information for a portion of the further developed highlights, and there's some genuine reasoning and truly difficult work needed to get everything spread out and composed in the device and afterward get everybody onboarded. Be that as it may, I think this is likely going to be the situation with any group embracing a task the executives instrument. Despite the fact that it gives the choice to make sure about archives and information from altering by empowering the remark just element, it doesn't limit survey of the information of which it is a component they can add to ensure there is choice on who can see information among the colleagues.

Vanessa from GFI

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects. I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it). The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one). Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects. Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects. It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open. Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need. Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations. It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it. I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well. I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date. The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update. Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported. I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

A must have for geographically disperse teams

Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros

I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons

It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Trello was too simplistic and couldn’t fit all of our needs for the different types of project planning we wanted to do.

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team. Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved. Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.

Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency

Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

Pros

Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

Cons

There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana felt more robust and better for a larger team than Trello. Jira felt more aligned with agile development, which is not the majority of our work.

Benjamin from Williams' Web Works

Asana Makes Projects Easy

Using Asana has been simple and effective. It has been very easy to manage the day to day, mid range & long term tasks that I need to stay on top of. Asana's user-friendly & intuitive interface has made it a welcome addition to my workflow management!

Pros

The thing I like most about Asana is the ease with which you can update a task. Asana has a very simple & intuitive interface. It was very easy to update the tasks, create new tasks, make notes, etc., all from the home screen.

Cons

I have been using the free version, so not all features are available to me. I would like be able to create multiple projects, but I think that is available in the paid version. For now, and for what I've been using the program to assist with, I don't have any cons about Asana.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I liked the user interface and the ability to quickly update tasks. Plus I had used the paid version and it seemed all the same features were available on the free version of Asana, so I made the switch. To me, if I upgrade to the paid version, it DEFINITELY seems more powerful than Todoist.

Chase from JackRabbit

A god-send for getting us organized

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

Cons

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

Only one issue....

Overall I have had a great experience. I rarely need support so not really sure what to say there. The one thing I did ask for (working with Google Aliases) they refused to do, so I guess if you are good with their program as is, you will be fine. Just don't expect them to go above and beyond to work with you.

Pros

I have been using Asana since 2013 and have taken it with me to each job I have had since. I love the adaptability of the program. I'm able to use it as a daily task list and can use it to manage a team and a project. They have a lot of ready-made templates that you can use, or you can create your own to use repeatedly like for a board meeting or other projects that have the same tasks each time. I constantly am recommending it to other Executive Assistants as it tends to play well with most programs.

Cons

The main complaint I have is that it does not work with Google Aliases. So if your company has a main address, but uses aliases for different departments it will not recognize the alias which means you can't email the project or tasks in Asana. It's not a deal-breaker, but it is a hassle. I've seen many complaints about this but Asana is deaf to them and refuses to correct this. That leads to the arrogance that tends to come through for items like this and attitudes towards religious non-profits, I find it rather sad as it is a really good program, but they are comfortable with it and not willing to help...

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Initially, because we thought we could work around the alias issue. It finally became enough of an issue that we moved to Smartsheet for company-wide projects, but continue using asana for small teams or daily tasks.

Marcelo from Brasilcap

My Asana Review (Brasilcap)

I am happy with it overall, but then i am a heavy user. I see that other team members take sometime to assimilate its potential and value

Pros

Once you know where to go, it's show great use on promoting transparency and team collaboration

Cons

Lack of reports Scrum/Kanban likes. A Query engine would be superb. I use these at Jira and helps a lot. Also some constraints vallidation, configuration/confirmation os necessary fields, things like that

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Jira was our first option, but as we were all begninning our Digital Transformation Journey at the Time. It bacame a concensus that JIRA was way to complex for that moment not to mention it was double the price too. Asana was ease to use right from the start, with little configuration, and it proved so after a while using it

Odette from CASIE

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Linda from Brain2

Without Asana? Without me!

Every process, every step, every project - it's all about Asana. It "lives" in Asana which saves us time for other stuff. Asana makes going to work fun for everyone since we know where we can find everything and where we DO everything.

Pros

Asana is a Game-Changer. It truly optimized our processes since we can automate them with this amazing tool. Also everyone in the company is able to work from wherever they want - only by using Asana. It is the best tool for organizing projects and keeping in touch with all the people in your company. You can do repeating processes as well as agile projects. I love it! And I will recommend it to everyone who is in need of having better working processes - and of course more time for other stuff.

Cons

Sometimes it's all about the details. And there are some things in Asana that need to be fixed: e.g. you need formular drafts that you can simply duplicate as well as not having a maximum number in custom fields. It would be also nice if you could automate and individualize custom rules more - but as I said: just details.

Amber from Exit Consulting Group

Industry: Executive Office

Asana Review

We have really been able to streamline processes using asana. Also, being able to really have one place to house all info about a project. I also love using the workload feature. This way I can work with sales to see who needs more work and who is about to go on overload.

Pros

User friendly, ability to use minimal features to as in depth as you want. This helps a lot for my Executives that don’t need to know the ins and outs. Also, the training videos help tremendously to on-board a new employee who has never used the software before. I don’t have to come up with my own.

Cons

Still waiting on Forms that can be created and used at a Team level and not just a project level. I’d love to be able to do more automation with in the software itself. Right now I have to use google forms and zapier to do any if/then functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

User friendly, consistent updates and improvements, integration ability, cost, and most importantly, you listen to your users.

Vasileios from DAC

Asana is the tool of choice when managing digital media projects

Asana is the tool of choice when you want to manage digital media projects. The ability to implement strictly Scrum , Kanban rules is up to you without any restrictions set from the software - and you can be as versatile as you want.

Pros

- Asana is a really intuitive project management tool with a really small learning curve comparing to the likes of Jira, Monday and Airtable. New team members can easily get onboard without much training. - Really flexible as well as it lets you create all kind of project boards based on your needs. Does not restrict you to a specific logic i.e. Jira ; while at the same time gives you tools to organize and shape your project plan as you like eg. with the use of Custom Fields - really cool!

Cons

- The Portfolio functionality being on the Business tier - Having to enroll ALL team members to Business tier and not just some members of the team i.e. just the line Managers. Not everyone needs to have access to the Business tier features and tools.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

- Smaller learning curve for new team members - non project managers - Good value for money - Nice intuitive UX/UI - Support and community with forums where you can find alternative solutions/usages and also get an idea of how everyone else is using the tool - Nice templates offered out-of-the-box so you can kickstart any kind of project

Laura from Gray Research Solutions, Inc.

Industry: Research

Excellent for professional AND personal use

When I started with my company a little more than a year ago, we knew we needed to find ways to streamline our workflows and keep everyone on the same page. I found Asana and it was a near-perfect fit. It has taken a bit to get everyone on-board with the software because it was different than how they've worked before, but we're rolling along now. We wish there was a bit more flexibility with certain built-in features like the progress reports, but overall, as a small research company, it's really helping us work together.

Pros

I'm with a very small company, but we still find Asana helpful for keeping up to date with everyone's tasks. Comments, progress reports, and the ability to connect tasks with dependencies allow us to function as a team, tagging in and out of a project as needed, without missing a beat.

Cons

There is a learning curve for those that are more inclined towards pen/paper lists, which has made implementation a little bumpy. Also we find that because certain things are built-in (like project statuses), we can't always capture precisely where we're at. For instance, there isn't a way to indicate in progress reports that something is "On hold".

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We tried a few different tools, but Asana is what stuck for us. It made the most sense for our needs (communication, seeing projects at a glance, ability to trade off tasks, etc)

Hugo from UnicornPowered

Free version is already great, it is even better when you upgrade

I have been using Asana for many years, when I need to refer to a good and useful tool for managing project, I always say Asana. Moreover the free version offers all the needed basic features, it is impressive.

Pros

The clean UI, the board and custom fields.

Cons

Subtasks management (mostly in the board view) because too much click to reach them and no overall view (no nice hierarchical view with parents and child tasks).

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It was free, was always in evolution, offered simplicity. I have used the paid version also the features are greats!

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the awesome review, Hugo! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We've some exciting updates coming up, so make sure to keep an eye on our release notes (https://asa.na/releasenotes) and product announcements in our community forum (https://asa.na/702)!

Sarah from Design

Highly recommend Asana

Overall, I love my experience with Asana. The software is so simple to navigate, it makes my work life a lot easier control.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate. Due to the clean and simplified design, I can "add/create a task" with the click of a button. It gives me the options to add a project title, project description, due date and even categorize the assignment. As a Graphic Designer, each design project falls in various categories, and it is extremely helpful to be able to label each one. I also love how easy it is to add people to your account, and not only be able to assign or pass projects along to them, but to be able to view their project lists as well. Lastly, it only took a few minutes to have someone explain to me how to navigate the software, which is not only wonderful, but time efficient.

Cons

I would love if there could be a feature where you can instant chat your friends. With that chat box, we could easily talk about project details, etc, instead of having to open up a separate browser to write out an email. I believe having a chat box would allow more direct and faster communication.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It means so much when our customers share their experiences. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations! We'd love to hear more about what features you'd like to see implemented in Asana. If you have a moment feel free to join us in our community forum (forum.asana.com) to upvote an existing feature request or create a new one! And if you have any question or if we can help with anything please let us know!

Eddie from NexusEdge Education, Inc.

Best in class product

Pros

While my head of product can speak more to the specifics, we felt that of all the many products we've evaluated in this market, Asana solves those use cases best and provides a lot of flexibility at a very reasonable cost.

Cons

Not everything is perfect, but newer versions started limiting some functionality about how we represent data about specific items on the task list. Sometimes I wish tasks could be tracked in a more storyboard format, but that was less for the use case of software development, and there are other platforms for that.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Basecamp is terrible and confusing.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Eddie, thanks so much for your feedback and detailed review! We're always looking into new ways to improve Asana, we'd love to invite you to share these on our community forum (forum.asana.com)! We already have a few existing threads that you can upvote, but don't hesitate to create new ones, if you're thinking of a specific request that doesn't exist already. We look forward to hearing from you!

Asana is a great team tool, but could use some tweaks.

Overall, it is great to have a one-stop shop for all active projects, but it can often allow for tasks and updates to get lost in the ether, amongst its many many levels of 'tasks' and subtasks, etc.

Pros

Overall, Asana is a very robust and well-rounded project management tool for teams, allowing for near complete customization depending on your need. It can be used as a very high level/overview approach to projects and tasks, down to a very granular and detailed level of project management.

Cons

While the software is incredibly robust and able to be manipulated to your individual or team need, the lack of structure can be a bit daunting. Our small design studio has fairly replicable and common design 'tasks', yet despite my endless searching and researching, there seemed to be little in the way of 'templates' for client/branding-driven graphic design studios, to get started. Rather, it feels very geared toward web and developer design tasks. Also, while I do often work with clients transparently throughout the design process (allowing them into Asana to help accomplish tasks), as well as contractors, Asana is not particularly friendly for studios as small as mine. Rather, it is more geared towards larger studios with many internal 'teams.' And, clients can get lost commenting and checking and responding and sharing within the platform, as the Inbox feature feels cluttered and sometimes lacking visual hierarchy. For example, a comment can end up attached to a specific sub-task, where it will not be seen easily in the overall project task–and getting missed altogether sometimes. Lastly, while Asana is very customizable, some of the ways they treat teams vs. projects vs. tasks can feel a bit backwards, leaving you to 'jerry-rig' the layout and items to work in a best-case project flow for you or your team.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your experience with Asana! We're in the process of launching a new version of our Inbox which should help you get better visibility on information related to your work; you can learn more about this update in the following announcement (https://asa.na/70d) as well as in our guide article dedicated to Inbox (https://asa.na/707). And if you'd like to pop by our community forum (forum.asana.com) to share more insights about your set up, we'd love to share some tips and advice tailored to your workflow!

Mike from Digital Hill Multimedia

Asana for Client Social Media Project Management

It's our go-to project management tool for client social media work. We are a remote team so we need a cloud-based tool to keep everything organized and it does just that. Love the mobile app as well.

Pros

Asana has been a huge asset for our team. We can break client work down and keep it all orderly in one place with great updates.

Cons

Sometimes I get to many emails! Takes time to go in and identify who should get what alerts and updates.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Mike, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! It's possible to manage which type of notifications you'd like to receive by email for your projects. You can learn how to manage these notifications in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/projects/people#gl-notifications And of course, if you have any follow-up questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented in Asana, feel free to join our Community Forum, where you can ask us questions, log your feature request and get support and tips from our community!

Jake from CCM

An honest review: The Pros and the Cons!

With the exception of having trouble reaching customer service to address a billing issue, I have nothing but great things to say about Asana. Our experience using the software has been great. It's helped my team to stay on top of multiple projects/deadlines at the same time without letting anything slip through the cracks.

Pros

Asana is extremely beneficial for tracking your progress/success on large team projects or individual tasks. The key features Asana offers can help you to ensure your team meets specific deadlines, any stumbling blocks are addressed in realtime, and it keeps everyone on the same page. I've used other project management softwares, such as Teamwork and Asana has been the most user friendly platform I've used to date. If you have members on your team that work better with daily reminders, this can be extremely beneficial to keep them on track and ensure high productivity!

Cons

There's one thing in particular that I've found to be frustrating with Asana. Their customer service has been extremely hard to reach at times. They do have employees with phone extensions, but you won't be able to find them online. They do provide a chat feature, but don't always follow up in a timely manner, which can be frustrating if you're operating on a deadline. Specifically, we had an issue with our billing and I could not get a hold of someone from Asana for weeks. We fortunately found a way to contact a representative from an email I had saved from prior communication. Aside from this, I have no cons to point out about the functionalities of the software itself. It's a great tool and would beneficial for any team to use.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We've used teamwork in the past, but Asana has a cleaner look and is easier overall easier to navigate through. My marketing manager, who has managed many large teams in the past was a huge advocate for Asana and she was right!! It's well worth the investment.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Jake, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you consider Asana extremely beneficial to keep your team on track and ensure high productivity! I want to apologize for any trouble you experienced reaching our customer service. We always aim to provide our customers with the best level of support possible and looks like we've missed the mark there. We are constantly working toward improving our support and will use your feedback as part of this process. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know, we're always here to give a hand!

Nic from NicMuhl.com

Accuracy for teams!

Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros

Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons

I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I had previously worked in Asana so it was easy for me to grasp. I also need to train my clients how to use it so it is imperative that I have a thorough understanding of the products I implement for them.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency! We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

Gabriel from Globant

Best way to coordinate work between agile teams

Asana is one of those tools you can't live without when you add it to your workflow. It offers great capabilities to coordinate people and leave all decisions made about a topic in the same place. If everybody in your organization is using it, you can really leverage its power. Its beauty relays in its simplicity, you can't make fancy things such as track progress of a big project distributed between several teams, but you can use your imagination to go over these issues. The API will give you all the flexibility you need if you know how to code.

Pros

- The ease of use of Asana is one of the best out there no matter the product. It's so easy to start creating task and discover what can you do with them it easily adjusts to your work flows, specially if you work with lots of people. - Everybody can edit tasks, this allows to use Asana as a hub for communicating everything related to a topic, tagging tasks and mentioning people so they get notified. - Hotkeys, I hate going back and forth between the keyboard and mouse (hate using touchpad), Asana provides hotkeys for almost everything you need to do, tab will be your magic key.

Cons

Poor reporting. I work in agile projects and would like to see BurnUps and burn downs, be able to define sprints and reporting associated to the big picture. To do so, you have to manually create projects that act as sprints, you end up with lots of projects and lose the big picture. On the bright side, it provides an API, so I connected to it, and using tags I was able to create customized reporting. Expensive, its cost compare to world-class project management solutions, like Jira. I believe it's worth the money, but as a small company we couldn't afford it. (this was a year ago, before starting at Globant)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Freemium model of Asana allowed my entire company (over 20 people) to work on the same tool without paying a cent. Its simplicity allowed everybody to use it, so change management would be a breeze (and it was).

Mackenzie from EGYM

An Advanced Version of Trello

Overall, we have been very pleased with Asana. From a team project management standpoint and for keeping individual tasks organized and prioritized, Asana is a step up from Trello. I would recommend this for distributed teams working on various projects (with or without other business unites) who are looking to get and stay organized.

Pros

Asana operates similarly to a Trello board, but has more features and functionality, making it a better investment for teams and individual contributors. Asana enables you to both track tasks along a customizable set of groups and track/prioritize tasks for individuals and teams. Not only that, Asana's interface makes it easy to have and store conversations pertaining to project success with real-time alerts when a new comment is added. It has made working with my team and other business units much easier!

Cons

Asana does have some limited functionality that can result in lengthy conversations within each project "card." Because you are unable to link text, you must paste the full URL, which can get messy when you are adding 5-10 URLs to outside pages/docs/etc. We also cannot add rich text features like tables, which would prevent us from creating a GoogleDoc with the table and adding the link to the text thread. Small inconveniences, but inconveniences nonetheless.

Jillian from ApexDrop

Best Project Management Platform

My team manages Marketing Campaigns and Design Projects with Asana - we did a trial with Monday.com and ended up staying with Asana because of the over all features and capability of the platform along with ease of daily use...Asana is by far the most user friendly task management platform available!

Pros

I have recently optimized my team Asana usage by increasing the number of projects they can manage on their own in addition to Admin view / reporting...these optimizations were a GAME CHANGER for me as the administrator and manager of up to 15 Asana users. It takes a bit if playing around with features but everyday my team is becoming more efficient through their Asana project and task management.

Cons

The only thing that could have swayed me to rate this platform a full 10/10 would be the Customer Support. There is no "live chat" feature with Asana which makes it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING for the clients to research and dig around the articles and forums to find answers for them selves. I'm a millennial and do a ton of research before I get to the point of frustration in not finding what I need so it takes A LOT for me to seek out a response from support. My answers are not easily found and I spent about 3 weeks trying to figure features out on my own - "live chat" with support would get this to 10/10.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Monday.com had WAY too many features - it was chaotic! Asana has a clean interface that makes it really user friendly and the Admin view has improved immensely over the last few years making it much simpler to manage my team.

Filipe from Self-employed

Asana review

Asana is the best way to organize my work and share project status with clients Easy to use on desktop and mobile

Pros

Asana is a great application to organize my tasks I can organize it by projet or client or software version, .... we can define tags to organize task and projects With Asana I can have a overview of my projects where I want, work great of mobile as too Asana can share task with others, to great overview of project Asana is easy to use for all people

Cons

At moment Asana have a lot of functionalities that is enough for organize my work I use it every day with out any problem

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For me Asana work very very much beter than others solutions

Intuitive Collaboration and Project Tracking Tool

I have been using Asana for close to two years now to track my day-to-day activities, project cutover tasks and tracking support tickets. I like the design and the layout of the tool and how intuitive every action is. Would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Ease of Use - The tool is intuitive. No learning curve needed. Organized User Interface. Automated Email Notifications. Cloud Service - Can be accessed using thin client. Search feature works well and is fast. Adding Tags.

Cons

Unintentional clicks sometimes triggers actions. Configuring the automated emails was a bit confusing - Emails were sent out to the whole project team whenever a new task was created which we didn't want. We eventually configured it properly.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We tried it within our team for a couple of months before making the decision. Everyone liked the layout and how easy the tool was to learn.

Dave from Bananadesign Ltd

Fantastic project management app

Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Great task-oriented project management tool

We manage all projects with Asana. It's really a great tool! I've tried Jira and Trello, but Asana wins them all!

Pros

+ Easy to use (task oriented) + Statuses, projects... + Collaboration (description, conversations, attachments, notification) + Gantt chart is great! + Slick UI and UX! Great work!

Cons

- Premium features (processes, automations) come with a premium price - Missing feature: a place to store all product feature specs (documents) - like editable documents in folders (something what Jira has with Confluence, but with better UI/UX)

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has the best UI/UX, easiest to use and to get along.

Bethany from Underground House of Prayer

Lots of Functions

We love Asana and tell people about all of the functions within it that allow us to streamline most of our work and communication.

Pros

Asana is so diverse in it's functions that it meets all kinds of organizational and communication needs. We use it at our church for simple tasks lists, meeting follow-up tasks, small to large team projects as well as having long-term groups distinctions within Asana to create projects within. There's even a great feature that allows you to keep ongoing conversations and document links within specific tasks or project teams. I even have a separate folder within my Asana username for personal tasks and projects for my family, so all the distinctions are helpful.

Cons

Asana is getting easier and easier to use with time and the developers have been making it more intuitive, but it was harder to figure out than a couple other project managers we tried.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana had a really good free version and it had so many powerful functions. We would have gone with basecamp due to its intuitive design, but it costed to much per month. We're very happy with Asana now that we've been in it for a few years.

Billy from William Heany

Asana is great both as a freeware option for task management and larger business tracking

Asana is an effective tool for any size organization from the solo entrepreneur to the 1000+ person team. I recommend it and have used it in multiple of my own projects

Pros

Asana has the ability to filter extremely granular from major projects all the way do to individual tasks done within the project. While it can't give 'status updates' for every portion of a major project you've worked on, you can track all of the things you've completed. This means when you have top-down organizations that want to be able to track everything that's going on a site, they have the ability to do so and drill into the current tasks being worked on

Cons

Asana has 2 major issues - 1st is the lack of export features to excel or other spreadsheet type formats. My company ended up having us do dual tracking because it would not allow this. 2nd, tasks put in a board that aren't used very much are extremely easy to forget about. This means without manual checks a lot of 'to-do' type items never saw the light of day again when surrounded by another large list of 20+ things.

Ciera from REVOLVE IMPACT

Best Platform for Project/Team Management

Initially it was a bit overwhelming to set up and sort through all of the features and uses, but once you work with your team and figure out a system it is hands down the most useful and intuitive workspace / task management platform. There are always new features and integrations to be learned which is great to experiment and use as you grow with the platform.

Pros

The best part about Asana is how customizable it is in so many different facets, you can really tailor it to the needs of your specific team and project. The amount of functions that it has and its ability to integrate other apps and services within it makes it extremely versatile and intelligent once you customize it to all of your needs. I also enjoy that there is a mobile app version.

Cons

With all of its endless functionality tools - it can be a bit daunting in setting up the ideal layout and structure of use for your team. There are so many options and features that can make the software seem almost too sophisticated and complicated for everyday use. Not exactly user friendly up front, but once you figure it out and are patient in working out tailoring your workspace it is very useful and covers all bases.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Overall product reviews, feedback from others who have used Asana, and the number of features and functionalities.

Response from Asana

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ciera. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we're glad Asana fits your team needs! Setting conventions with you team can be a helpful way to make sure everyone in your team is aligned and working by the same principles. If you haven't yet, I'd recommend checking out this handy post we put together to help you set conventions with your team: https://asa.na/701. We've also put together some handy resources in our Academy (https://asa.na/704), and Community Forum (https://asa.na/705) to help you started with Asana. And if you have any follow-up questions, or if we can help with anything else, feel free to reach out, whether it is via our support team or community forum, we'll be more than happy to help!

Pretty much quite literally, my life is in Asana's hands.

Generally, having ALL of my upcoming tasks (and past tasks for historical purposes) along with the granular ways I can share tasks with others has been a pleasure. I will keep using Asana and hope they fix my main gripe at some point.

Pros

Over the years, with one exception (see below) Asana has proven to be able to evolve with the times and add features while sticking to its core purpose & values. I love the integrations that are available, all that is included in the free tier, the heavy emphasis on keyboard shortcuts and the mobile app. The key feature for me was its ability to manage multiple workspaces with ease.

Cons

Honestly, I love Asana. I have used it for keeping track of my life (personal and professional) for years but there's one thing that happened this year that is a rather large pain point for me and many of its users, judging by their community forums. Every time you switch to a new workspace, it opens in a new tab. This sounds small, but it's HUGE when you're always switching back and forth. I used to use it as a web app (without the browser chrome) so it behaved like a native desktop app. Now, as soon as I open a new workspace, it launches the browser and opens in a new tab. There's no option to disable this new "feature" and the community has spoken. Here we are almost a year later and no explanation or solution has been given (the last time I checked). Boo. That's why I docked ease of use. Also, it's starting to feel a bit heavy on my tablet. Desktop performance is still OK but does take a while to load.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Honestly, a good bit might just be familiarity at this point. That and the available integrations, and what can be accomplished on the free tier if I'm in a situation where there's no budget for a paid solution keeps me recommending it over the others.

Heidi from Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Collaborative software for project and task management.

I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pros

Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Cons

Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

Michael from Self-Employed

Simple and easy task management

I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pros

It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush. It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing. I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Cons

I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For my use case Asana is a lot simpler and easier to manage.

Ken from Living Water Digital

If I only had ONE tool, this would be it.

I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros

Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons

I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I looked at Trello, but it seemed a little busy and clunky. I needed something intuitive, and Asana just seemed more user-friendly to me.

Moshe from JBL Brands

Great clean software for managing tasks !

It helps us manage workflow, organize tasks, and delegate tasks. I use it mostly for delegating. Overall I am very happy

Pros

The interface is clean simple and fluid. There is no waiting or load time on any pages, which I consider a very important requirement in any software, especially a task management software. Its intuitive any easy to use

Cons

No good solution from time tracking. No good hierarchy option for organizing tasks. Its not built with every day tasks in mind, its more focused on projects. but its simple interface makes it easily usable for any tasks you need. Chat is near real time, but not real-time.

Great project management software for budget nonprofits!

This is a great software for organization. It has upgrade features that are paid, but you can basically do everything you need to do in the free version for a small nonprofit to stay organized. I would highly recommend this if you have multiple events or fundraisers you manage for the year, or if you are an administrative professional of any kind that needs to coordinate multiple things every month (payroll, accounting, board meetings, client relationship follow ups, etc.) The free version is a no brainer for nonprofit management!

Pros

I love that I can assign myself personal tasks to complete, and that I can also assign others tasks or subtasks to help me move forward with the pieces of a larger project or event that I need them to do before I can move on. This is a great software for organizing teams that can't always meet in person. We are able to coordinate across campus and ensure communication on progress is easily managed in one spot. I also love that I can set reoccuring tasks for things that must be completed monthly (like accounting exports, payroll imports, board reporting, etc.) It helps keep me on track to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

I don't like that you can't quickly and easily see all of your completed tasks in one spot with the task yet to be completed. I wish I had this feature so that I could better weekly report on what was accomplished while also reporting on what is coming down the pipeline. One of the only other things I don't like is that when you go to mark a task complete, and you are marking multiple, sometimes the list updates and shifts a bit so you click on the wrong one. You can click undo, but I just wish it didn't shift the items while it was refreshing the to do list.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 9,198 reviews