(1,295)

1,295

(1,214)

1,214

• Pros

• "The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. We've been using this for years and no issues have arisen. Highly recommend it."

• "The designs are very nice, and it is easy to navigate."

• "Easy to use, easy to learn. Fast set up has made mydaily work easier And faster. It was easy to train someone else to use it."

• Cons

• "Its a great software, but it has been extremely expensive to maintain and upgrade."

• "when uploading the files, sometimes it crashes and we have to start again, but apart from that, the software is brilliant and very straight forward to use."

• "somethimes slow, itr requires knowledge and experties to work with"

Browse Microsoft SharePoint Reviews

sameer from Deloitte

SharePoint- The best file sharing tool by Microsoft.

My overall experience with the software has been really amazing till now. Intially, it took some time for me to understand the interface since it is a bit complex but once I got a hack of it, I can now say that this software is really helping me work seamlessly and saving a lot of my time during my day to day files sharing with my clients.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is one of the top file sharing platforms right now. The primary reason why this software is my personal favourite is that it has the capacity to share very heavy files ( I have tried till 400MB) with our clients. This exclusive feature is not supported by most of the other platform as there is always a size cap till which one can share a file with the client. Also, the file upload time is very less onto share file as compared to other applications available in the market.Last but not the least, the best feature that I like about this software is that it can add n number of people in a specific project within sharepoint.

Cons

There are very less cons about this software product. However, if we still want to mention, I would like to mention that the when we click on the sharepoint , it takes quite a lot of time for the home page to load/ be visible. this is time is very large as compared to other file sharing products that are available in the market since their URL's come up very fastly on to the home screen. Last but not the least, I would also like to mention that the Sharepoint's interface is a bit confusing, it takes some days to understand how things are working on this software which is not the case with other softwares.

Andrea from Entel

Collaboration, backup and automation

Sharepoint has allowed me to be more efficient in different ways, with many of its functionalities, I generally hope that one of them will allow me to make a process more collaborative, controlled and at the same time automated. Currently the entire organization has access to use the software, in the same way the introduction and migration to Sharepoint from local servers has been gradual, mostly due to people's resistance to something new and unknown. In my department specifically, has been a greater acceptance, integration and discovery by constant learning by some team members who are not exploiting all the advantages of the software yet.

Pros

Permission management: This is super relevant and wonderful for controlling what your audience can see and do, for example, when you need someone to constantly see changes to a "living document" but not have the ability to intervene in the process. Contact groups: I find it super good since not necessarily the site administrators are the only ones who can manage the group, you can make any member of the group can manage the rest of the members without this being involved in other site settings . Also when granting permissions, distributing documents, announcements, tasks, it is very easy to do it by group of contacts than one by one. Version history: We know that we are exposed to errors and accidents, so having the previous versions of a document, being able to see who has modified and having the possibility of restoring any of those versions can save the day. I always feel that I am protected and that is why I always promote working in the cloud.

Cons

Please provide some detailed examples of areas where MS SharePoint has room for improvement. These could be features that are hard to use, missing functionality, or just things that you'd like to see done differently. Modern view / classic view: I really appreciate the minimalist change that has been made with many of the menus in the latest versions of sharepoint, but most of the time it complicates me and generates many more clicks (much more time) wanting to do one This action can be done by changing to the classic view from the ribbon, for example, managing permissions for a site, being able to manage sharepoint groups. A little more advanced configurations, without becoming complex that depend a lot on the IT department. Descriptions of some options or settings can become confusing, complicated and you simply are not able to know if it is what you are looking for or not, the language to the user is sometimes understood only through trial and error.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Onedrive focuses mainly on being a repository in the cloud, but where the administrator of this information is usually the person who owns the site or the account where the information is stored. Unlike Sharepoint that allows generating groups of administrators, users and owners who can manage the documents, permissions, visualization and customization of this repository in the cloud. In addition Sharepoint is more than a repository, it allows you to customize sites according to the specific use that you want to give it, additionally it allows you to generate and assign tasks, create workflows that can be connected to other external applications. Without a doubt, Onedrive is a small and limited part of everything that Sharepoint can offer.

Chirag from Risk Administration Services, Inc.

Great collaboration with SharePoint; don't go overboard

Since we were strict with our permissions and governance, we had the fortune of having a clean environment. In my past jobs, SharePoint was free for all and it used to be an absolutely disaster. Based on those learnings, we have chosen to use SharePoint only for collaboration. Anything more complex than taking notes, sharing documents, versioning and Visio is moved out of SharePoint. In the first year of use, people became comfortable with our limited and right-sized use of SharePoint. That's our sweet spot and we enjoy SharePoint for collaboration.

Pros

I love that SharePoint makes collaboration easy. We used to take notes on pen and paper and reconcile our thoughts via emails. Now, we whip up OneNote online and write our notes before the meeting, discuss our thoughts in the meeting and write take-aways in OneNote. Decisioning has become really easy. We also share news across the company using SharePoint. That has worked very well.

Cons

Workflows and debugging is not the best in SharePoint. We have been bit by gotchas in workflows. They were had to debug. We just gave up on workflows in SharePoint and switched to doing those activities in a different manner.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

We were debating whether to do documentation in SharePoint or Confluence. We use Jira, which connects with Confluence very well. We noticed that our documentation will need AD permissions, documents, versioning, videos and more - all of which was built right into SharePoint the way we were using it. There was no point in investing thousands of dollars in another system just for documentation. We feel we made the right decision as SharePoint is working really well for us for documentation.

Connie from Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau

Works well for the right environment

I know some larger companies rely heavily on Sharepoint, but they can afford to have high-level IT programmers and developers to manage a Sharepoint farm. Our migration from 2007-2010 cost us 5 years ago and in spite of getting some hands-on guidance to redesign some of the data entry forms/types to suit our needs, I wasn't able to pick this application up and run with it like I can with others. Infopath was supposed to help w/the forms, but then I saw MS was dropping it in more recent editions. We got Sharepoint as part of our O365 upgrade, but in trying to set it up as just a collaboration repository/staff intranet site, I realized I was going to have to make a significant investment of time and found support from our O365 provider and our IT managed services provider VERY lacking. We already moved on to another application for managing work orders and projects, so I think there's a much simpler "Intranet" tool out there that will be much easier, cost-effective, and flexible for us to manage for the limited needs we have for it now.

Pros

Part of the Office platform and integrates with other MS apps. Offers somewhat simple setup to build a collaborative space.

Cons

Requires a specialized and expensive vendor to truly manage and ensure security of the environment. We used it for work orders between departments, but alerting was not ideal -- duplicate alerts triggered by setting alerts to fire under different circumstances. We've used SP since about 2007 and I've built lists and integrated it with a database and a couple of 3rd party applications built to work with it. I'm pretty much self-taught in all network and user applications (Windows server/AD, Exchange, and MS power user), but I struggled with trying to set up custom forms and found some of the lists inflexible. For example, my HR "portal" had to be set up as separate lists based on what Sharepoint would allow -- one that allowed me to upload documents, another to manage URL/links to external sites.

Isaac from Reliance Infosystems Limited

Software like none that helps my team collaborate.

I have Used Sharepoint over and over again and it has enabled my team to achieve our project in real time.

Pros

Its easy to deploy feature and Integration without other third party applications. Sharepoint is number one when you wnat your team to collaborate in real time.

Cons

Its cloud based hence its Internet dependent....Besides its good features superceeds its weak areas .

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Its a product that has gone through QA/QC and everyone around me who have used it have this to say...No Collaboration tool like Microsoft Sharepoint.

Patric from UPGREAT AG

Document Management and more

We use it as our intranet, to share information about projects, tasks, opporunities or rather static content to display information about various departments. We have a lot of customers who use it mainly as a document management system or also as a intranet solution. Especially the SharePoint Online version is very easy to adapt and has great integration with Microsoft 365.

Pros

Offers a ton of features, you don't have to use all of them but they are there if you need them. It can be used for document management (DMS) or even CMS for intranet purposes. It has a powerful search engine, you can manage complex permission scenarios, there is also the possibility to manage records, litigation holds, taxonomies, and more and more. With the new modern UI users can also even more simply edit pages, place web parts on them to display different content like, text, images, videos, news feeds, document libraries, lists etc. If you don't go the on-premise but the SharePoint Online route, you can save yourself the hassle of installing it on your own and have a very easy access to a powerful tool for collaboration or to simply display information.

Cons

Has some kind of a learning courve. Can be complex, especially if you want to take it to the next level and start to customize it. On-premise version is rather expensive and needs an IT professional to set up and also it should run on multiple servers and also MSSQL which adds to the license cost.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Integration into existing Microsoft environment/Active Directory. Ease of use. Availability.

Karla from Altitude Financial Services LLC

Sharepoint is very robust but more than many small businesses need

I currently use it to archive old client data. I have found One Drive to be easier for me work with for current files.

Pros

I like Sharepoint for being a secure location to have all your documents in one place in the cloud. And I like the ability to share documents via a link with both team members and outside parties. I like the ability to use metadata tags to facilitate searching for documents.

Cons

I find it hard to set up and did not find it to be very user friendly. It is not easy to get assistance or guidance as to the best approach in the setup. We were told by our consultant NOT to use a folder structure, but a Microsoft employee told me that was not good current advice.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

I prefer the microsoft spreadsheet and word processing over Google's versions and I feel less secure with how Google might treat my and my clients' security and privacy. To my mind Microsoft is the standard for a business.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

The hosted desktop was terribly expensive and I was switching from desktop to cloud based software and did not need hosting any more. Sharepoint is part of my Microsoft 365 subscription and I trust Microsoft security so it was an excellent value.

Anjani Kumar from FCA

Great Enterprise level collaboration product

Good product which almost everyone at enterprise level organization is using it but needs to adapt features like Google drive to be sustainable in market

Pros

Easy and robust integration with Microsoft other products like windows, Ms office Almost everyone is using it in IT industry for shared docs and therefore no need to have a separate knowledge base to start using it Very good authentication and authorization workflows available and readily integrated with Active Directory

Cons

Costly as compared to Google drive options Outlook mail or O365 is not readily integrated Ms office docs lie word or excel spreadsheet crashes while opening it in SharePoint while you compare this with Google drive Google sheets or docs open just like that in Google drive. Online auto save feature is not there by default

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Almost everyone knows how to use it for a developer to CXO

KristiLee from Southeastern Mills

Sharepoint review

We use this product daily and overall it helps my team to work together without having to email multiple documents back and fourth. The fact that we can edit it together really helps to gets documents done quickly and seamlessly.

Pros

This product is very good if you are collaborating with many people. It works very well if you need to fill in large spreadsheets amongst different departments, divisions or in my case sales people. Multiple people can be in the document at the same time is convenient as well.

Cons

This software can be hard to export out of, especially in certain formats. This software also freezes when working on very large spreadsheets.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Dropbox was hard to maneuver and did not work as well for our needs.

Jeffrey from RapidDeploy

Industry: Public Safety

Sharing of collaborative documentation done easy

Excellent experience used by all levels of the company. Resourcing done without sweat.

Pros

We've had to create multiple forms for management to be able to approve group access. For each of the documents, we assigned access to specific users. This was easily setup and done by an intern of which many more other scenarios were efficiently complete without needed to be an expert.

Cons

Only con is the shared url which changes on each share creation, however all the created urls remain valid. This causes confusion when links are distributed amongst the teams as its not static.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Already on the full microsoft stack although Confluence is also purchased and used differently.

mupo from Computer Software

Industry: Computer Networking

Corporate File Sharing System

My experience with SharePoint has been positive as it allows for the central storage of all business-related documents and permissions. It removes the need for duplicate emails with huge files. Alternatively, we easily upload files and swap a SharePoint link, which we can all use at the same time. The user interface is fantastic but requires training for beginners. Overall, getting it is a smart thing because it helps with tracking.

Pros

SharePoint is an excellent tool, but due to a large number of features, it can easily be overlooked by those new to the app. The thing I loved about SharePoint is that you can easily upload documents, and search the documents. This made it easier for users to upload files easily and share a link to the file. Using this platform allowed quick access to files from any location, which was previously not possible due to files being stored on a local server.

Cons

I had difficulties setting up local use/offline SharePoint, which proved to be a concern, but the online version works well. Another problem I discovered with the program is that it becomes difficult to trace files as many people upload them.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Google Drive lacks certain features that SharePoint has. The ability to build different templates for different projects, delegate tasks, assign appropriate roles to users, and upload documents easily. Another advantage of SharePoint that Google Drive lacks is access to a number of web pages and the ability to create a corporate portal.

Brandon from Vivint

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Good Functionality, but Ease of Use Is a Drawback

Considering both the positives and negatives, I think Sharepoint is a fairly decent tool for what it offers. We went from using exclusively Google's products to Sharepoint, but I still find myself going back to Google Drive, etc. for a good portion of my work. It's not that Sharepoint is explicitly bad by any means--in fact, there are a few things that it does really well. It's just that given the choice between Google's suite and Sharepoint, I find Google's easier to use and less "packed". Using Sharepoint is like shopping for cereal with 50 different choices, whereas using Google is like shopping for cereal with only 5 different choices. It might seem great to have 50 choices on the surface, but you soon find yourself in the middle of the aisle unable to make a decision because of the myriad of potential choices you could make. I'd like to again stress that Sharepoint is not a bad tool. It's just ok. If you're currently using Google's suite of products and are happy with it, I don't see any point in switching to Sharepoint. If you're looking for a wider variety of features than Google's suite, Sharepoint would be a great choice.

Pros

I like the ability to quickly share, access, and retrieve documents that my team and I use on a weekly basis. It's nice having one place where everything is stored, and that I don't have to go to multiple storage locations to get what I need. The versatility of Sharepoint is also a bright spot. I can upload just about anything, and the storage structure is intuitive enough that I can find pretty much anything I need without a direct link to the file or folder.

Cons

The UI can be confusing at times. It was confusing at first on how to navigate back to top level folders or storage locations after diving a few levels deep, and figuring out how to access the file options (delete, share, etc.) wasn't clear on the first use. I had to click around a bit in order to find what I needed. Another point on the UI is that while it seems to have gotten a makeover in recent months, there are still holdovers from a time where it seemed that "sleek and modern" was not the order of the day--I'm specifically referring to the Permissions and Access Requests screen that I had to use in order to allow people from other parts of the company access to my team's documentation and files. It can also be somewhat "clunky" and slow when processing requests, but I'm not sure if that is a function of the software itself, it's cloud-based nature, or just my company's internet acting up again. The amount of "fluff" in the feature-set I've come across is substantial. It's nice to have the versatility provided, but I think where Google's suite of products really shines is that it gives you exactly what you need, and no more. With Sharepoint, it seems like there are a multitude of features that are available but won't actively be used. For example, the homepage customization is robust, but if no one is going to use it past a basic level, what's the point of having all the extra tools? It only confuses users and adds to a subtle sense of overwhelm when using the product

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

We were actually forced to switch as part of an IT-led initiative across the whole company. We were asked to switch from Slack' video calls and meetings and Google's suite to an exclusively Microsoft-based toolset.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

SharePoint and File Storage

My overall experience with SharePoint has been positive across the many years I've used it. One of the best features I learned about in recent years was the ability to map SharePoint to a drive on your computer. This has really helped in terms of uploading and downloading multiple files simultaneously. If you plan to use SharePoint, I highly recommend looking into this feature as it will save you a ton of time and enable you faster access to your files versus accessing them from a browser window. Mapping is extremely easy and, in my experience, invaluable. You will also find that you can post graphics on your SharePoint pages. We frequently post "work anniversary" or "birthday wishes" for our team. Lastly, the calendar is extremely helpful as you can block out vacations, conferences, and other events, and know, at a glance, what's happening each day without having to search through Outlook or other resources.

Pros

I've used SharePoint for over a decade. Long before "the cloud" was the tech buzz word, SharePoint was providing users with web-based storage access, and it still does. There are many things to like about SharePoint. First and foremost, it functions much like a web site. Users can easily navigate to their SharePoint home page and set up additional pages, upload and download files, add calendars and calendar events, and much more. SharePoint also creates archives of all files, so if you revise a file and then later need to see an earlier version of that file, you can use SharePoint's versioning functionality to do this. It's a great utility for storing files of all sorts that others on your team need to use. Uploading and downloading files couldn't be easier. We created different landing pages based on our company's needs. For example, we have a Marketing page to store our collateral, a Content page for manuscripts and legal documents, and an HR page for human resources-related materials.

Cons

It can take users a bit of time to understand the unique functionality of SharePoint. However, if you navigate around the toolbars you should find what you are looking for. In terms of design, SharePoint is relatively basic, so users looking for something with a bit more visual flash might be disappointed. Though if you are mainly looking for a reliable place to manage countless files, SharePoint is probably right for you.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

While we did not switch to SharePoint to another solution, we have, over the years, looked at other solutions including OneDrive and Dropbox. However, for our needs, we found the features SharePoint offers, such as the calendar feature, to fit more closely with our organizational needs. If you are looking for a file management solution that can be shared with your team members, SharePoint should be on your list of considerations.

Bobby from SG360

Bobby's Sharepoint Review

It's great that most big companies use Sharepoint as well. We have been able to use Sharepoint with multiple companies with integrating new softwares and products. It has definitely been the best product for working with teams inside and outside of the company.

Pros

This software is perfect for sharing files throughout the company, especially one like ours that covers multiple states. With Sharepoint, we can work on things as a team without having to be on a call with one another.

Cons

It took a little bit to get setup and to train everyone how to use it, but once everyone grasped the concept, it hasn't been too bad.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

It seemed to work better with our company standards and growth, and it sure hasn't disappointed one bit.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

We wanted to use a more up-to-date and more professional company to help with our company growth.

Share and SharePoint alike

As mentioned briefly above, my most recent experience with SharePoint is using lists. This particular list (with a workflow to assign tasks) replaces an Excel spreadsheet of the same information. Using a SharePoint list instead, complete with different views and user alerts, allows relevant people access to the information they need in the right format, without having to duplicate work, send email updates, etc. While SharePoint can be frustrating, it seems evident from the updates that there is a move towards more intuitive use.

Pros

The recent updates to SharePoint have come a long way in making it more intuitive to use, and providing a better looking user interface. The management of the 'apps' (e.g. document libraries, lists, promoted links) has become much easier of late. It would be useful to see more information added to the apps descriptions, to help users determine which best suits their needs, without having to navigate to the Office help pages and/or third party sites. The best feature for my current use is the ability to create different views of a list, and initiate workflows to assign list items as Tasks for certain users, thereby automating the sharing of the distribution of workload.

Cons

Some parts of SharePoint's functionality can be baffling - without formal training, it can be very difficult to work out how best to utilise SharePoint's features. When SharePoint is used across a large institution, without consistent training differing practices across different teams can make collaboration hard, as Sites/Pages/Libraries have been set up to function so differently. Inheriting a SharePoint site set up by someone else is tricky, as the logic they used to manage the site can be hard to decipher. Permissions can be hard to manage, particularly as its rarely clear to the requester to whom their requests for access are being sent. This can be frustrating, as it can contradict the 'Share' aspect of SharePoint.

Shikha from ApTask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

Pros

SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it. We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well. All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

Cons

One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

Evan from DXC Technology

Daily user and administrator,

We use SharePoint primarily as version control for documentation and also for request tracking via a SharePoint list. It is an adequate solution for these needs but leaves some things to be desired.

Pros

Convenient way to share files in and outside of your organization. It is truly loaded with good features; whether or not your instance will be capable of utilizing them all is another question (see cons).

Cons

Occasional integration issues with Microsoft's other apps such as OneNote. I had the hardest time moving a OneNote from one SharePoint to another and wound up having to do so one page at a time. SharePoint lists are our only recourse within my company for external user request tracking, and they are clunky at best. Users do not like the front-end form no matter how much tinkering we do in the provided form design tools SharePoint Design and Infopath. Poor visibility of who has access to what. The permissions hierarchy and inheritance is just not clear, and clean-up of any SharePoint you take ownership of will be a hassle. Many useful and seemingly rudimentary tasks are made difficult by integration issues with our corporate network, however this could have as much to do with our excessive security protocols than SharePoint. As such, I have not considered it in this review's score but gone ahead and included this complaint as a point of reference for anyone considering adopting SharePoint at their company. If your company's infrastructure and security model is already difficult to navigate, then it is unlikely you'll be able to take full advantage of what SharePoint has to offer without a very talented implementation team.

Mandeep from OATI

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data and info

I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users. This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart. This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees. It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Cons

Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.

A professional document sharing and collaboration tool

I've recently been evaluating SharePoint to determine if it is an effective way for our company to share sensitive documents internally and externally with other users involved in our projects. It does seem to be a solid tool for sharing documents securely so we have decided to go with it. So far, so good. I will say that most of the same features are available through Google Docs for free but ultimately, it was the whole package that SharePoint is part of that convinced us to move our workspace into it for the sake of convenience and consistency.

Pros

This software allows you to share your documents, edit and collaborate with other users anywhere in the world in real time, securely. It's an amazing thing when you can see who is currently viewing and editing a document and everything anyone does is automatically saved and secure within the group it is shared with. SharePoint helps save an incredible amount of time and makes remote meetings much more productive. One of the possible drawbacks is that it seems to be limited to people who also use Sharepoint and live in the Microsoft community of software but I recently learned that you can share with people who don't have Microsoft accounts by providing them with a security key to access the documents. It becomes a two step process for them to accept the document and then get the key to enter but at least it is possible and this makes sure your documents remain secure.

Cons

It is possible to share with people who aren't part of your network or even Microsoft's network but again, it takes extra steps. Also, there are settings that enable or disable the feature and it is not very clear where the settings are or how to use all the different share options. It took some trial and error, testing and talks with Microsoft support before we were comfortable that it could do what we needed it to do and how to do it. Even after all of that, it is still a bit unclear when certain options should be used but I suppose that could be considered a benefit of the software's flexibility to do the similar things with different methods.

Harsha from Partnership HealthPlan of California

The Future Software Point of Sharing a Perfect Collaborative Tool to make an Awesome Organization!

Pros

+ Creating a new SharePoint site/app/directory is very easy and manageable. Users need to request the access before using the website or owner can manage how and whom to give what permission level of access on each site. + We could inherit permissions from top level site or we can manage permissions separately to each individual sub sites. + Permissions on each document level! Jaw Dropping feature of genius. + It has a plenty amount of features to choose from and you can customize each app to fit your business needs. + You can also add sandbox solution based or script based jssor/jsom apps to each SharePoint site. + Very easy to share files and information across our organization. + Perfect for document management and storage system for employees of many locations. Syncing the SharePoint content is a nice feature. + Uploading/Checking in thousands of documents at one click with the help of explorer is definitely something special. + Connecting SharePoint calendars to your Outlook calendar will make your work life easy. + SharePoint Designer, Info path, Nintex, K2 all are bonus to have for OOTB Workflow configurations. + Content management Checkin, Checkout, Publish, Approve/Reject features are nice features to have on each document. + Not only Search, You can even do Filters among search results. + Not only Filters, You can do Best Bets on search results. + What is more, All search results are very fast across the whole website.

Cons

A humble advice to Microsoft SharePoint team! since we can't host External websites on cloud, It will be good if they come up with Team Communication sites, Forms apps within On Premises. Comments from Anonymous users on our SharePoint Blogs: If we have the ability to get comments/likes from anonymous users outside our organization it would be helpful for organizations which are depending on SharePoint On Premises version because of PPI (Personal Protected Information) data. In Overall, There isn't anything to dislike about it, to be honest it is everything we've expected it to be.

Anilkumar from Datamatics Global Services Limited

Microsoft SharePoint CMS for Managing content and documents of organization

If you are small organization, always prefer SharePoint Online services and SharePoint on-premise is recommended for big organization usually.

Pros

1. Since it is Microsoft product, Area of development and support is very vast and also accepted globally. 2. Guidelines for installing and configuring SharePoint is very easy to compare to other CMS available in the market. 3. From performance and security point of view, SharePoint is the best product for any organization. 4.Can be easily integrated with other Microsoft product such as Outlook, Azure, Yammer, Office, and PowerBI etc. 5. SharePoint also has Foundation version (till SharePoint 2013) for free to target smaller organization. 6. With the release of SharePoint Online on cloud, It provides more flexibility and less IT team work for any organization, especially for a smaller organization.

Cons

1. Maintaining SharePoint on-premises for smaller organisation becomes very difficult and costly because it requires more technical support. 2.SharePoint may have added customization options for those who wants to implement intranet system, Microsoft actually discourages this from happening. The ease of customization with custom designs, especially from a home page perspective, can help businesses better tailor their intranet experience to the individual workers. 3. To work SharePoint search efficiently, Lots of internal customization is needed. 4. Since for SharePoint online, Microsoft is maintaining server, which ends in providing less scope for customizing. 5.Migration from old SharePoint version to new is little complex and requires lots of efforts

Muneeba from TRG

Industry: Research

Safe, Secure and one of the best Microsoft Products ever!

Sharepoint has helped me a lot in my business. Sharepoint acts as an extra storage device for me to store all my business relevant data. The space provided by Sharepoint is also quite extensive hence anything can be saved. Entire folders can be uploaded into the Sharepoint browser link so need not to upload/save one file at a time. Also, being a product of Microsoft, it has the best security available. This software is reliable and the top notch security ensures all my data is saved and can't be compromised. My colleagues and I can share the Sharepoint link and can save data simultaneously and also work from it in live time. One of the best Microsoft Products

Pros

Instant reporting 24/7 and consolidate data to get better reports Can create a unique SharePoint intranet Can enable cross-department collaboration Can address multiple service providers We can decide on the best pricing model Perfect solution for small businesses planning to grow big. Central repository / one point of truth to store and share all company data. There are plenty of licensing models to choose from that will suit any business size. Extremely scalable and can address multiple business requirements thereby saving you money Communicate from a single source to give everyone the same message. Create electronic forms to reduce the paper trail.

Cons

Customization time and costs Integration can require extra development effort The licensing model is very complex You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly. It will require a lot of configuration and training. It's browser based so if there is no internet, it means no SharePoint

Jason from Kindred Credit Union

Sharepoint 2013 Review

Sharepoint, when setup, is wonderful. It's a great way to disseminate new information to our various locations without worrying about consistency. It is so integrated in our environment that it is the homepage for all 209 staff members. However, setting up is difficult and it seems as if the server resources (when on Prem) are not utilized efficiently. Over last 2 years or so, we had to add CPU cores without there being any REAL change in our IT environment or in sharepoint itself.

Pros

The myriad of features. Sharepoint serves as an excellent repository for our company's files, work flows, SOPs, and staff wide notifications. It integrates very well with our other windows products and services such as Active Directory and Office. Our users find the interface to be smooth and free flowing.

Cons

Administration. Managing Sharepoint is somewhat strenuous. About a year ago I tried to upgrade from CUM 8 to CUM10 and it broke the "sites" section. I reverted the changes using a backup I had and tried doing the upgrade again with the help of the Microsoft Support team. The MS Tech was VERY helpful and patient, however we were not successful with the upgrade and I eventually asked that the case be closed since I have already invested several hours. - Needs to be fully integrated with Chrome. With IE no longer being supported and Chrome having about 70% of the market share, Sharepoint needs to be fully compatible with Chrome to ensure users aren't disrupted.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Integration with our other Office/Microsoft products.

Susan from Social Guides by Susan

SharePoint is an excellent way to set up your company's intranet.

A wealth of experience in working with intranet communities. I found this to be invaluable as I went on to create my own online communities.

Pros

I was part of the team with the Oregon Department of Administration in the creation of their employee intranet built with SharePoint. It was an easy transition for me to learn SharePoint for the following reasons: Combined with previous knowledge of HTML, my familiarity with Microsoft products made it easy for me to learn SharePoint. With two day's of formal training, I was able to get up to speed in virtually no time. SharePoint has a wide variety of pre-built modules out of the box from which developers can select. One very pleasing aspect of the finished project was that the end-users came on board and operated their new employee website with ease and productivity. It gives the State employees a place both for resources for knowledge of government procedures and a marketing platform to promote their office to the rest of the department. It gives them a place for teams to streamline their workflow within each office and work together as virtual teams to enhance their digital processes. It gives each office an opportunity to individualize their space on the intranet to show their office's competencies and assets. As I am a designer at heart, SharePoint gave me the opportunity to express my creativity through the interpretation and development of each module to fit the end-user.

Cons

If you have the experience ( a background with Microsoft products), it's easy to learn SharePoint. If not, it can be a bit trickier in that the HTML coding is sufficiently different within SharePoint that it can lead to confusion. I found this easy to overcome, but some might not and that is a consideration when selecting software.

Laura from Ocorian

SharePoint is best for chatting purpose in a group.

I always use this efficient software for sharing the important information and documents with our friends, colleagues and team members. For me, it is the best for everything such as the sharing, storage and managing. SharePoint is best and great for storage. I can store all of my important files and information in a easier manner. I would recommended this software because SharePoint is best for the chatting purpose in a group.

Pros

SharePoint is the best software because we can easily share all of our important information, data, files and documents with our friends, colleagues and everyone. It also help us to managing a large amount of data in a efficient way. SharePoint also provide the great opportunity for chatting in a group and colleagues at everywhere. This software is most reliable and also provide the convenient way for the new users that they easily store large amount of information, data and documents in a instant way. Hence, it is a great software for everything such as storage, sharing and managing.

Cons

For the new users, they faced a lot of problems while using this efficient software because SharePoint tool provide the many options which is so difficult for us to choose. The another disadvantage is that in this software, there are a lot of security issues. But otherwise our files and data are always secure and save. Moreover, it is so expensive that's why a lot of peoples cannot afford it and not get benefited from this efficient software.

Irina from Automotive

Great for big teams

- I am using sharepoint for creating databases that need constant data entries. Each entry needs to respect the same format so using sharepoint helps a lot in having a dynamic database for a lot of users but which also keeps a certain format that can be changed only by admins.

Pros

- It offers a variety of apps depending on the need of your project: lists, tasks. It is interactive, easy to use, does not crash if there are multiple users or enormous information stored; - I have worked the most with the list feature and with it you can basically create your own interactive database in which you can set whatever validation you want, you can add how many users you want and they can all work on the same type of format. You can set reminders, alerts or notifications for your e-mail so it is a very useful tool when you have to work with multiple entries and tasks that need immediate follow-up; - Ultimately, you can export a clean database that is formated, omogenous and does not contain errors. You can easily create reports and show automated statistics using the information stored in the sharepoint; - For storing a lot of information for big teams, it is a very useful tool.

Cons

- If you want to work on a list, using filters is not that easy. Usually using filters creates a small lag. - The interface is a bit static. Even though the features are dynamic, the user interface does not create a flowing experience.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

With multiple users, Excel is not interactive. You can not edit in the same time and it's hard to control the format of the database.

Rachel from The Standard

SharePoint - 2018 review

I used to not like SharePoint at all. It was not user-friendly at all and essentially it wasn't functional. Now that the SharePoint site I use has had some re-modeling and organizing, I feel more educated on the product and I am able to use the features to access the information I need to preform my job duties. SharePoint became much more user-friendly when I was able to customize the site for my team's specific needs. I had to work with my organization's specialized SharePoint experts to educate myself and my team, and get access to several controls in order to make the necessary changes my team needed, which was a difficult process. Overall, once all the changes were made the SharePoint site my team and I use is functioning and we are easily able to retrieve documents quickly, share important bits of information, update calendars to keep everyone informed of events, PTO, OOO, etc., and we can access links to all the websites we need to use to preform our job all in one location. It's great for training purposes and is helpful for new hires to have all the information they need in one convenient location. Now that SharePoint is up and running properly for my team, it is a very helpful resource that we could not do our job without.

Pros

It's customizable and has lots of capabilities. There are multiple applications you can add to a webpage.

Cons

The company I work for has controls set in place that limit your ability to have free range of the customizations and capabilities of the site. We had to do a lot of work to create a useable platform for the team I work on to be able to easily access documents and build a library of information. The search function is not user friendly.

Creating your team site is easy

Pros

Easy to use site creation allows you to have your own intranet. You create a page, give it a title, and then start adding announcement tabs, calendars, documents, and other additional features. The basic layout is easy to understand. It is a great value if you purchased an Office 365 license. You can add additional apps with the online version, but the on-premise version has more of the robust features. Anyone can manage a SharePoint site and its great for team collaborations and shared documents. Its a great way to give your company their own website internally. You can also use it for your own documentation or knowledge base center internally. This works really well as others can make changes to documents and edit files as they wish.

Cons

SharePoint has some confusing permission issues if you're wary that someone in your company has too much or too little access. If an employee checks out a document then you may have to check that back in. These are just a few issues I had with permissions within SharePoint. We used the cloud based version at first, which lacks a lot of features and limits the amount of creativity you could add to the site. I really wish Microsoft would make all the menus a bit more user friendly because I feel like Site Settings can be confusing for someone simply wanting to manage one or two in-depth details of the site and its users.

Justin from Justin Nava

Cloud Intranet Done Well

In the organization I used sharepoint with, we had 3000 staff members across dozens of departments, each needing their own internal file management accessible from anywhere. Each department was able to manage and share their files with team members, and even share access across departments or externally when needed. Overall it really increased our productivity and effectiveness since we didn't have to track down files from each other.

Pros

Sharepoint makes it easy to collaborate with your team and share documents, workflows, tasks, and knowledge. - Has all the features onsite server sharepoint setups have - Easily add and manage team members who have access - Setup your homepage to be exactly how you need it (each of our team's sharepoint looks different according to their needs) - Load your files and organize by folder and section - Use it to build your own knowledge base with organizing documents or spreadsheets - Everything inside your sharepoint sites are searchable - You can even run your own blog through sharepoint - Cloud stored so you can access your sharepoint from anywhere with internet

Cons

There's not much to not like about Sharepoint, but if I had to list something I'd say that it can be daunting to setup if you've never managed a website before. Have the Microsoft knowledge or youtube tutorials ready to go. But over time you get the hang of it and branch out into more needed advanced features.

Marvin from self-Employed

SharePoint review

Sharepoint is an incredible stage for trading information. Customary clients will effortlessly assemble indexes, show, transfer, and discover objects. The default models are clear and pragmatic. Nonetheless, on the authoritative side, a straightforward arrangement can turn out to be more troublesome. Client control classes ought to be improved, and altering/tweaking a plan was at first overwhelming for me.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is at present quite possibly the most utilized document sharing stages. The fundamental clarification for my inclination for this program is that it assists us with sharing huge records (I've attempted up to 400MB) with our customers. Most different stages don't acknowledge this remarkable element since there is frequently a size limit on how huge a document can be imparted to a customer. What's more, when contrasted with different applications available, the time it takes to transfer a record to Share File is exceptionally short. To wrap things up, the most amazing aspect of this application for me is that it permits me to interface a limitless number of individuals to a specific undertaking inside Sharepoint.

Cons

Has a learning curve of some kind. It can be difficult to understand, particularly if you want to take it to the next stage and start modifying it. On-premise method is more expensive to set up and includes an IT specialist. It also has to run on multiple staff and MSSQL, which adds to the permit expense.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

They reduce the number of systems needed by your employees and function as a one-stop shop for all teamwork needs.

Vince from IPI

Sharepoint review

One certain benefit is how scalable SharePoint 2016 is without the danger of lowering performance. There's been an increase in max file sizes and the number of items that can be indexed, along with a bigger list threshold. Plus you have precise control over license costs per staff member ideal for small or growing teams.

Pros

These are just some of the pros that we have liked about Sharepoint. It is a central repository / one point of truth to store and share all your company data. Sharepoint complies with ISO standards and other legislation, which is a plus. Sharepoint enforces standards, publish policies, and provides audit trails on your changes. Sharepoint provides instant reporting 24/7 and consolidates data to get better reports. You can create electronic forms to help reduce the paper trail. You can communicate from a single source to give everyone the same message. It is scalable and can address multiple business requirements thereby saving you money. It integrates with most other software, so if you can use SharePoint for your business solutions, you can still surface the data from other applications in SharePoint.

Cons

This is an expensive solution. You need the right expertise to get it set up correctly. It does require a lot of configuration and training. In larger companies it can take 3-5 years to successfully rollout an adopt. The licensing model is very complex.

Joebe from Ultradata

Great backend for intranets

Pros

I have used Sharepoint in many different capacities and have found it to be the best for internal use / intranets. It has the ability to house thousands of resources that can be easily navigated in the backend with an uncomplicated sitemap structure. Whilst working for a large UK company that relied on Sharepoint to aid colleagues in their day to day working life on the Retail shop floor, I found the CMS to be consistent and efficient especially with the publishing and un-publishing of content (drag and drop and bulk editing functionalities). Sharepoint not only allows for a collaborative working space but has become a dynamic, integrated platform where users not only see the intranet as a document repository, but a source of knowledge.

Cons

Due to it's ability to house such a large amount of information, Sharepoint (like all CMS') really does need to have consistent, aggressive house keeping done. If archiving or deleting material is not high on the list of the CMS users or owners, the backend of this software becomes a mindfield - the same is also true if users are not taught the intended sitemap structure in their induction to the system. Additionally, the legacy versions don't have the most beautiful looking interface and at times it can be a bit confusing to master but once you know how to use it, you know for life.

Andy from Tax Analysts

SharePoint has met several business needs and was already included with other MS services

As mentioned above, the first major business need was a more modern, easily accessible, cloud based storage and collaboration space. SharePoint was relatively easy to move to, implement, maintain, and get buy in from all of our users. It was already available in our O365 subscription and allowed us to get people to move away from many disparate software platforms such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Novell. We also didn't have an Intranet of any kind, and while it's not maybe as feature rich as creating a website for an Intranet, it was cheap and easy enough to implement and maintain.

Pros

We've been able to use SharePoint to solve a couple of issues and replace a few other pieces of software. First of all, it's a much cheaper and easier alternative than other sharing and storage systems with a lot of great features. We were able to move on from the antiquated and expensive Novell, and simplify our processes for logging into systems and storing data. We were also able to use the Intranet feature that is offered to have a one stop shop for policies and inward facing news and documentation that we'd never had before.

Cons

Setting up and maintaining some of the features of the Intranet were very complex. It's better than a lot of the alternatives, and doesn't require a lot of man power to upkeep. We've also had an issue with some of our links being altered when docs are uploaded to SharePoint and then the docs don't play well with our CMS system after that.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Novell was expensive, antiquated, and caused a fair number of issues.

Joyce from Your6

Love SharePoint over Google

SharePoint is my first choice but there are a few issues with it too. Overall I prefer it over Google. My only real issue is that it will freeze your system up when using it and it takes forever to convert a file out of SharePoints to Word or Excel.

Pros

Highly Customizable Central Storage See who's working on documents Track Changes Search for Documents Share Documents for view and editing

Cons

Features don't always meet company functionality but work for small companies like ours Expensive to license and host - for a start-up this is a nickle and dime method that adds up Requires some type of training Sometimes you lose a document and it is difficult to track down Looks your computer up pretty regularly

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

We use both SharePoint and Google Docs. The younger folks at the company prefer Google and the more mature folks prefer SharePoint

Jessie Bell from Waite Web Design

It gets the job done, but not in a fun or enjoyable way

SharePoint, in my opinion, is pretty OK. I would just as soon use DropBox or Google Documents to manage documents, but I think SharePoint is probably better for larger organizations with multiple moving parts. Again, I'm not sure if the problems I have with SharePoint are intrinsic SharePoint issues, or how my company set it up.

Pros

SharePoint allows you to share files with you coworkers easily. If you need software that helps you stay organized, helps keep your remote team connected, and a way to keep project files documented, this software works. For us, we had a large number of team members working remotely, and from satellite offices around the US. Sharepoint helped keep project managers and administrators accountable, and helped us stay organized and on the same page. We were easily able to manage document flow, and everyone could find documents easily

Cons

I don't know if this is a SharePoint problem, or how our IT administrators set up our SharePoint sites, but it was sometimes hard to navigate. There seemed to be endless dead-ends where you had to use the "back" browser button in order to navigate up folder levels. The features that allow you to edit Word / Excel documents in the browser never worked, and always ended up crashing. Also, the "social media" feature that allows you to post updates about what you are doing is really cheesy.

Tom from Consumer Goods

SharePoint Online Has Limitations

Less complicated infrastructure management.

Pros

SharePoint is relatively simple to use to configure sites, user groups, and the like. Like most CMS's, it can have a default "look and feel" across just about all aspects of a site or group of sites. It's integration with Office 365 is thorough. If you have basic needs for hosting an internal site, with not particular need for complicated integrations or workflows, SharePoint Online is a viable option.

Cons

Unlike the on-premise version of SharePoint, you do have a number of restrictions with SharePoint Online. There is no access to certain logs for troubleshooting. There is no direct access to the database driving the site. Certain automated processes are limited in scope and frequency. Some general SharePoint issues include workflows that are somewhat handicapped in what they can do. The built-in workflows are very limited in scope, and SharePoint Designer, used to create more advanced SharePoint workflows, has not been updated in years. Microsoft seems to be pushing customers to use Flow, which costs extra and has a different feature set than SharePoint Workflows. Flow seems much more geared towards integration with other, third party sites and platforms, while being very limited in what it can achieve within SharePoint itself. SharePoint Workflows, on the other hand, can perform many more tasks native to SharePoint, but are very limited with any sort of integration to other sites or platforms. There are odd quirks to SharePoint Workflows, though. Such as the ability to copy a file from one library to another, but not move the file. There's also not a method within SharePoint Workflows to move or copy a file to a specific folder within a library. You can use the built-in content organizer rules to handle these tasks, but it add's complexity and is limited in frequency.

Using SharePoint over a decade

My overall experience has been very good using SharePoint. I have used it for building both internal and external sites. I have also used it to build and host enterprise level custom web applications. The biggest benefit I have seen using SharePoint is its seamless connectivity with Microsoft Office products. It adds a lot of values and helpful if your organization is already using Microsoft Office products.

Pros

SharePoint has evolved into a enterprise collaboration platform. It can be used to collaborate effectively with enterprise level users - both internal and external. It can be used to host applications which can be very effective for internal/external communication and collaboration. Its search is the best enterprise level search, specially comparing toe any other Content Management tool. With new modern user interface, SharePoint has adapted itself well for mobile interface.

Cons

Performance, specially when collaborating with large content. SharePoint is unable to compete well with Content management tools such as Documentum, when it comes to storing and rendering large size files.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

The main reason for switching was that platforms like Stellent and IBM Lotus Notes donot have a cloud interface. This is where SharePoint had an advantage as it comes with Office 365 cloud offering.

Brett from RENEW Energy Maintenance

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A great addition to using Microsoft Office in the corporate world.

- Better file distribution & collaborative editing abilities - Pliable and user-friendly mobile user interface - File storage & document capabilities of a fortune 500 companies without huge implementation overhead

Pros

Overall this software is the best for large-scale collaboration. A few of the things I like the most: - In-depth file & permission structures are possible - Easily integrates with nearly all Microsoft Office applications - Employees can easily be managed through one location instead of requiring API interface or multiple site permission/deletion work - Saves each iteration of a documents change, allows users to go back to the first iteration and view progressive changes & who made those changes - Usable mobile interface on all platforms - Online document edits for quick edits that need to take place - Groups can be established to assign multiple permissions to multiple users easily - Cloud storage is cheap and easily expandable - OneDrive app interfaces well & allows easy document upload/download for phones

Cons

- Cloud-based version has frequent changes that sometimes induce bugs - Little support help outside of forums & slow to little Microsoft support help on those forums. - Uploaded videos cannot be played on all mobile platforms (currently) - Permissions has a learning curve & is a combination of the old structure and the new structure, which can lead to confusion when attempting to set granular non-inherited permissions

SharePoint Review

My overall experience with SharePoint is that is a secure way to compile different documents for a project and only have them available for the people working on that project team. However, it is easily to overwrite someone else's work or get your own work overwritten or deleted without you knowing. You have to be very careful with what you are doing and you have to know how to navigate through the system; there is a slight learning curve.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that the administrator can give access to only a select team in order to keep confidential files secure. Moreover, each member of the team can upload and download files in order to keep all documentation and notes in one spot for everyone to find.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the search functionality is a bit broad, so it sometimes does not even narrow down the documents and you still have to look through several folders to fit the correct document. More so, it allows any member to overwrite files that another member uploaded without the other member knowing. Things tend to get accidentally overwritten or deleted due to this.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

According to my company's security team, SharePoint is more secure than Google Drive.

Alexandro from Alexandro Puglia

Un très bon outil de partage

Mon expérience globale avec MicrosoftSharepoint est vraiment bonne. Il m'a fallu un certain temps pour comprendre l'interface, car elle est un peu complexe, mais une fois que je l'ai maîtrisée, j'ai vraiment contacter un gain de temps au quotidien.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint est l'une des plateformes de partage de fichiers des plus performantes à l'heure actuelle. Ce logiciel est mon préféré est qu'il a la capacité de partager des fichiers très lourds (jusqu'à 400MB). La plupart des autres plateformes ne permettent pas se stocker autant. Le temps de téléchargement de fichier est très faible sur le fichier de partage par rapport à d'autres applications disponibles sur le marché. La fonctionnalité que j'aime à propos de ce logiciel est qu'il peut ajouter un nombre de personnes dans un projet spécifique au sein de Sharepoint. Chaque personne peut intervenir sur un même document et en même temps. Visibilté sur qui consulte les documents.

Cons

Il y a peu d'inconvénients à souligner à propos de ce produit logiciel. Lorsque nous cliquons sur le Sharepoint, il faut beaucoup de temps pour que la page d'accueil soit visible. Ce temps est un peu long par rapport à d'autres produits de partage de fichiers qui sont disponibles. Je voudrais également mentionner que l'interface de Sharepoint est un fournie, il ya beaucoup d'informations, il faut quelques jours pour comprendre comment les choses fonctionnent sur ce logiciel.

Dana from Rural Farm Networks LLC

Sharepoint getting better each year

Overall Sharepoint has met our needs over the years providing lists and repository features for our staff. Workflow features have helped a few teams streamline their processes.

Pros

MS has been deploying improvements to sharepoint each year. Many of the interface improvements and feature adds has made administrating and using this product easier

Cons

In typical MS fashion, lots of non intuitive features that are discovered accidentally or by trial and error. Help for most features is lacking as is the norm with MS products in general.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Integrify product could not meet our extended needs, kinda outgrew it. Sharepoint opened up a new set of features, some easier to implement than others for workflow and we were already paying for it as part of our office 365 suite.

Janet from Centel Security Incorportated

Microsoft SharePoint Roadmap Innovation for Eager Business Owners

Microsoft SharePoint restore eager business owners and innovative risk takers workforce agility across numerous Information Technology infrastructures. SharePoint is designed to help organize environment workflows and team agility. The software is sustainable and self directed with robotic approaches that encourage and inspire small business owner to leap forward with sustainable possiblities. The methodology is solid comprising professional development mirroring Software and System Full Life Cycle (SDLC) approaches. Personally, I feel Microsoft SharePoint roadmap future directives for business startups without much focus on the business owners. The software is powerful and supported by Microsoft team of qualified engineers; unlimited which help successful drive return of investment (ROI). I recommend the software to business owners to inspired and maintain a successful business environment with prime directives and strategies that secure profits within multidimentional industries.

Pros

Microsoft Sharepoint is the best software to build a business that capture future earnings, stakeholders attention, and professional dynamics advantages in social media while maintaining professional industries standards. I like the opportunities that can be built out to support and sustain any business environment.

Cons

Microsoft Sharepoint require more templates development; which support less experience project managers and project team leads. I think Microsoft should provide a team of qualified engineers that build out customer projects-request directly through Microsoft instead of encouraging third party vendors. This is a prime drawback for numerous small business owners and startups. The time it takes developing high-level templates to support and retain major corporate presence. This is a requirement which should be address by Microsoft. The major drawback for developing dynamic function templates often take to much time.

Yaxi from Acoustic

Easy to use document management tool

Relatively easy to use, not the coolest looking tool but generally intuitive to use and does what I need - sharing files with those who need access and also accessing assets others have created.

Pros

It’s easy to create new “sites” for each of your teams so that you can easily organize and manage all your content for various business units. Once a high level structure is created it’s easy to organize all your companies documents so that they can be easily searchable. User access controls are robust making it easy to delineate who has access to what for how long. Works particularly well in conjunction with one drive. Makes it easy to sync my local files and I can move my assets first to my personal onedrive before moving it to a public folder in share point.

Cons

No real cons. The tool is easy to use, not the coolest UI - clearly am older fool, but has all the features I need to manage, share, and access company docs.

Karen from University of WI-Parkside

I've used SharePoint for many years!

Our university uses SharePoint throughout the whole university for different departments, governance groups, recruiting and more. We store almost all of our departmental documents and files in SharePoint. It allows everyone in our department to have access to all of the files. It also allows us to keep earlier versions of files/documents. In addition, as new staff members come into our department, they can have historical departmental knowledge through our SharePoint files. We actually started with earlier versions of SharePoint, moved into SharePoint 10 and recently have implemented SharePoint in Office 365 for our entire campus.

Pros

The capability to store endless amounts of information; if you learn how to title your documents correctly, SharePoint will store them in a chronological order that makes it easy to locate what you are looking for; sharing specific files with other staff that need access to specific files and not the all of your SharePoint files is very easy. We also use SharePoint for several of our university groups, such as our Employee Alumni Group.

Cons

When not working in SharePoint in the Explorer cloud, uploading and moving documents can be time consuming. If you open SharePoint up and use the Explorer Cloud, uploading and moving documents/files is like you're working in Microsoft Word, just drop and drag!

Earlie from The Home Depot

Always on Top!

I enjoyed using Microsoft SharePoint. I think it's a must in every organization as it does provide organization.

Pros

I have supported, implemented and used SharePoint for many years now. I enjoy being able to work on files that are in the cloud. No more floppy disk or flash drives. I like the fact that you can work on files at the same time with your colleagues. One thing that has saved me is the Version History! Whenever a file becomes corrupted or may data is missing, you can access the file from a previous version. This is a life saver!

Cons

Sometimes, I do get errors when saving a file or if I've changed my O365 password, it takes a few mins for it to sync to be able to save files back to sharepoint.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Dropbox has too many restrictions.

Lon from University of Kansas

Great Product for Team Work

We have used this system for several key projects in the School of Education: 1) we use it for all policy documents for staff, faculty, and students (linked in separate "folders"); 2) we use it for research teams in the various departments/units within the School. Using it for the policy documents has been a bit difficult b/c a number of individuals are not technologically savvy enough to navigate comfortably in the system and they don't use it often enough to get comfortable so we have almost completely changed how we provide the links. Our teams, however, continue to use and flourish with this program and they are very comfortable with it. In addition, on occasion, we use it to store departmental faculty/staff search documents. B/c of the security levels this works well.

Pros

A very powerful system for use with teams either within or outside an organization. Easy to use once you understand the system. Very flexible and easy to modify.

Cons

Being a very powerful system, it can be rather intimidating to new users. Unless you use it regularly I can be tricky to navigate to where you want to be.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

Much more powerful program with much more depth. And MS Word 365 is included so documents could be edited within (or outside) this program.

Sharepoint is an excellent tool for collaboration in large organizations

Overall, I enjoyed using Sharepoint at a previous employer. Unfortunately, I was not able to fully utilize the workflow and task sharing and tracking tools to their full potential due to the companies executive staff being resistant to implementing new procedures to encourage accountability and efficiency.

Pros

It is my experience that in a large organization that is conducting a multitude of projects, needs to disseminate information to a large number of employees on regular basis, or track tasks and progress on multiple software platforms within the Microsoft product offerings, Sharepoint is an excellent software resource for both user and administrator.

Cons

For smaller organizations, Sharepoint offers almost too much power and can be overwhelming and add a layer of difficulty to simpler processes and procedures. Its interface and tools are geared toward a higher level user and requires a more advanced knowledge of workflow and task management processes. Effective use of this software cannot be obtained without some form of formal training on its use. I do not believe it is a software than one can simply install and use out of the box. A detailed plan for implementation and use is definitely required and I would not recommend it for a novice administrator.

Kylee from SMS Holdings

Needs to be updated to stay relevant.

As a company that thrives on organization and sharing of information, SharePoint is a great starting point. However, I think there are better file sharing options currently on the market. Because our company has been using SharePoint since it launched in the early 2000's and we have over 1,000 employees using it currently, we are hesitant to look for other options. Nonetheless, many of our managers and executives are starting to see that SharePoint lacks some of the key features we are needing to run efficiently on a daily basis. If any company wishes to use SharePoint and keep it frequently updated, they need to invest in training a few employees to help maintain the software and its updates.

Pros

The best feature about SharePoint is its accessibility from an unlimited number of people. Our large corporation has all of our managers and executives setup and using SharePoint on a daily basis. It has allowed our 1,000+ users to access needed information and files from any computer that has internet access. This has been crucial to our company when it comes to getting out important information to our field managers.

Cons

When uploading files to SharePoint or downloading files from SharePoint, you can only do one document at a time. This is incredibly frustrating when you have a large amount of documents that need to be uploaded. If SharePoint could update to include a "drag and drop" feature for file sharing, that would bring them up to par with other file sharing software. Also, updating the different sections and pages of SharePoint is not intuitive. If you do not have a vast knowledge of the software, it is difficult to learn and the instructional guides are not easy to follow.

Aubree from Protective Insurance

Very Useful for Businesses

Pros

The ability to access it from anywhere when signed into the company network. If not on the company network, I would be unable to access the company's SharePoint site which makes it more secure. I like that I can access just about everything I need to know about our company through the company's SharePoint site. It provides access to employees from all departments to use one central location. This helps communicate information across the company without the hassle of constant emails and it allows you to access documents you made need without having to track down the keeper of the document.

Cons

I dislike the inability to access it easily from anywhere however this is what allows SharePoint to be more secure when publishing important and confidential documents for others in the company to access. Overall, the benefits definitely out weigh the dislike as this helps keep company information secure and not easy to access for others without permission.

Ashley from Burgoon Company

All your docs in one easy location

If we receive an email/call from a customer who is disputing a charge or price, we can look in SharePoint and find the corresponding quote or PO. We do not have to wait to find out who handled it and ask them. We can find it in SharePoint and if we have more questions, it also tells you who was working on it. I think it provides more information that you would normally get from talking to someone in person but this expedites the process of handling an issue or irate customer.

Pros

I like that anyone in the business is able to find related documents for a particular order. If someone has a question, all the info they need is on SharePoint. You can add notes, add emails and documents, and any other useful information. You have all your documentation with notes in one location, you know who was working on it, and what stage in the process it is in.

Cons

I do not like the new look at all. I think they are trying to change to a new format and I find it harder to use. Otherwise, I wish when you create your method for entering a transaction, it starts with all the possible fields available and then you can remove what you do not need. Each year we learned what was better for when you first enter a transaction. From 2017 to 2019, now we have a good method, it is easier and quicker.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 3,100 reviews