• Pros

• "Easy to use, easy to learn, without compromise."

• "Easy of use, ability to use on every platform."

• "The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language. "

• Cons

• "Understanding of our business and workflow is difficult, so it made use a little difficult. The only item of contention right now is lack of access to the report writer. This would make it perfect!"

• "The only thing that would make it perfect is the ability to capture lines and polygons."

• "Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though). "

Browse Fulcrum Reviews

Stuart from RammSanderson Ecology Ltd

Fulcrum in Ecology

Fulcrum is, or should be, the industry standard for Ecology data collection. The ability to generate literally any style of form from plain text boxes to hundreds of option drop-downs, means that you can keep up with the demands of surveying nature. This software has saved time, money and a lot of peoples hairlines within my own company, and I am sure within numerous other consultancies.

Pros

The simple but infinite customisation options for each app that you design mean you can have very strict control over the data you collect, which is crucial in ecology due to the diversity of survey work that takes place. Additionally, as the industry often demands unsociable hours, the ability to sync the device to a central shared database with a number of users reduces the amount of time you're waiting for data from colleaugues. And another obvious benefit in an industry based outdoors, is that you can survey in the rain without getting paper mache survey sheets!

Cons

The only issue I have encountered with Fuclrum is the accuracy of it's GPS tracking (which may actually be a device issue). This has sometimes led to individual small data points such as trees in a woodland being mapped a short, sometimes long, distance from their actual location. However, this is easily resolved within the app itself with patience.

Rob from SMF Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd

My experience in the world of Online Forms and Data Collection

QA inspection, Incoming material inspection, Calibration records, Welding inspection, Factory machine reporting on servicing and repairs, Final Product inspection, Leave form, Non Conforming report, Packing lists, Site inspection report, Estimate cost calculation, Quotation monitoring report

Pros

I have been looking for months for a ''form / database'' online system for our production and QA inspection and monitoring. I have tried many of Fulcrum's competitors but they all - just didn't just have everything I needed... Always something that stopped me during the trial period. I found Fulcrum, and tested it and it grew on me the more I used it. The forms are simple to write and simple to alter and amend. The access is easy from phone. tablet and computer. The data is easy to search and check. We now use it in every part of the business. Estimates, QA inspection, Covid19 inspection, health inspection, leave forms so many forms. It is now a key part of the business.

Cons

My main issue with Fulcrum, which lets is down compared to others, is the PDF file / report is creates. Not even using the company logo within the report. Not able to edit it - even simple editting. No Bold or change of font. No .... Nothing.. You get what they give you, or you can pay a lot of money for a custom report, which you then can not change the form or the report in the future... without paying a lot more.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

I needed a form which can be open and altered and changed. Other products had - cut off and can re edit forms. We needed to be able to use the forms as data collection and therefore, altering and changing as work continues. Others, just allowed a once complete... Can not change system

Jim from Total Vapor Solutions

Field Data Capture Made Easy

Fulcrum saves me untold hours per month by allowing me to enter all my data in the field and easily generate reports that can be sent directly to clients. The program greatly increases my efficiency and the quality of the data collected.

Pros

Ease of data entry, visualization of the data that is collected, ability to generate reports on the fly.

Cons

Ability to change to field type after creation would be great.

Bryan from Laser & Survey Supplies

Fulcrum App for form based data collection

Our customers needed to collect a broad range of spatial located asset data. This data then had to be processed and presented to a government agency to be assessed for funding. Fulcrum allowed the creation of a form tailored to the exact requirements of the government agency. This greatly improved the time to collect the data and get the info submitted for evaluation.

Pros

The software is easy to setup, deploy and use. Ideal for semi skilled a data collection team. It results in consistent and repeatable data coming in from the field.

Cons

The total absence of an interface to the GNSS data stream you are using is a big disappointment. An interface to GNSS NMEA data stream and a simple NTRIP interface is all that is required and is typically available on competing products.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Fulcrum is solely focused on form based data collection. The interface is clean and the user has to focus on the form they are using. This makes the software more efficient as a data collecting platform compared to others we looked at.

Greg from TMC enviro

FulcrumApp - Game changer

Exceptional for data collection in the field and ability to extrapolate date for various client reporting requirements

Pros

Ease of configuration and ability to distribute to all users.

Cons

Find it difficult to keep consistent API and webhook over time with Zappier. Sometimes need to delete and renew connections.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

In the end it was ease of form configuration. That was three years ago and now it’s even better

Sean from Burning Man Project

Flexible Software with Extensive Applications

The Fulcrum team has been very responsive to our requests and questions over the years. We feel confident that if we put in a request for a change to the system that it will be reviewed and put in a cue based on priority. Though some of the changes may take a year or two, we have seen all the changes we have requested over the years come to life.

Pros

I love the flexibility of Fulcrum. We can build out apps that suit our needs, use it in offline mode in the field, overlay maps for our events and drop geo-pins at field locations, connect apps to give tiered data sets, and sort the data on the Fulcrum platform for routing and dispatch. The addition of the barcode integration and easy access a few years ago was immensely helpful.

Cons

The reporting is not all we need it to be. We are working on building out an API integration to a platform that will allow us to create and run reports.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Because it has pricing we can scale for the season, we can customize it ourselves, and the mapping technology is essential for our operation.

Chad from Henry County ECD / Henry Co 911

Point Data Collection made easy

I am now able to get accurate 911 address points in seconds without guesswork that once took me hours and allowed errors to be placed on my map due to uncertainty of correct locations

Pros

I use Fulcrum every single day to collect new 911 address points when someone is going to be building a house or business in our location. Previously I would have to go to a site, get the GPS coordinates and then come back and put them into GIS. No I simply use Fulcrum to collect the point, then I share the data to QGIS and then once I save the data it is automatically uploaded to my PostGIS server and to the State of Tennessee repository. No muss, no fuss. LOVE IT and I frequently give talks at conferences and show my Fulcrum products to hundreds of people at a time.

Cons

I wish that Fulcrum would do lines and not just points. Then I would be able to more precisely map roads and driveways.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

We wanted and open source platform and we were trying to move away from ESRI products. We are now 100% fully open sourced.

Berta from Ontario Pole Inspection Services Inc

Industry: Utilities

User Friendly, Cost Effective, Well worth the switch!

100% Satisfied, will continue using this program moving forward.

Pros

This software allows us to customize all apps, data collection to each of our vendors needs. The ability to change or modify the program in field instantly is a welcomed bonus and a big time savor. The unique build for each vendor allows for significantly less data collection errors.

Cons

Functions are different on different platforms. (Android/Apple)

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

User friendly, Customer Support, Cost Effective.

Stephanie from Department of Transport and Main Roads

Very easy to use

I have used Fulcrum to maintain information on the presence of weeds within the road corridor and keep track of what and where we are treating those weeds.

Pros

The best thing that I have found is the ease of uploading and downloading data. The interfaces are easy to use and to customise. I have deployed the software to a team that are not technical experts and they were able to use the forms with minimal training.

Cons

As i am limited in what software i have access to it has been difficult to add background map data so that something is displayed when the mobile device has no coverage.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Fulcrum is more responsive to changes that I required and cost less.

Coralline from Resource Futures

Wonderful data gathering system

Able to look at data being collected in real time.

Pros

Very easy to use, create surveys and collect data in many formats.

Cons

IT would be good to be able to add in a matrix style

Katrina from Natural Resource Solutions Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Easy switch to paperless field surveys

We've saved loads of time by eliminating the need for manual data entry, scanning/saving datasheets, and filing hard copies. This sometimes takes days to do, but now all we have to do is hit 'sync', visit the website, and download the appropriate data. It's great to be able to view the map which shows where all the data points are, and to be able to sort data in whichever way you would like (including by searching for any words that may be in your datasheets), rather than sorting through hard copies or poorly scanned notes. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy, versatile, paperless upgrade for your business.

Pros

I love that everything is right at my fingertips in one place. No need to make sure I've printed off enough datasheets and safety forms, or brought enough pencils! Especially since I've been working from home and don't have easy access to a printer. I like that you can flag your favourite/most-used apps for ease of navigation, and I really like the auto-fill feature where things like project names, numbers, survey station pre-fixes, etc. are auto-filled once you've filled out the first one and need to repeat many times throughout the day/week. We've found so many different ways to capture our data in ways that make it easier to fill out the forms, from drop-down menus, to +/- tally counters, to signature fields and data form 'sections'. I also like that you can use formulas and links to fill out other fields (e.g. We've set it up so that when we select a species name during a bird survey, it automatically links the latin name, and federal and provincial status of each species). Another handy feature is to make certain fields mandatory, so that nothing important gets missed while the survey is being conducted. I've found it quite easy and intuitive to use for the most part. It takes a bit of practice to be able to fill out the forms quickly, but it's worth it for me. Being able to hit the sync button at the end of the field day (or during a break in between) is really satisfying, because I know that everything is safely backed up, and that I don't need to scan anything!

Cons

One thing I feel could be improved would be the format of the output data. Data can be downloaded and opened in Microsoft Excel, but depending on how many 'levels' of data you have, you'll have multiple tabs in your spreadsheet, which may be difficult to interpret at times, as they are linked by a long string of letters/numbers based on a parent-child relationship. You can get around this by including some hidden fields that link more useful information (e.g. survey station ID), but it would be nice to be able to go through a menu, similar to the initial app set-up, to determine how the data will be presented. I found that some staff members are reluctant to switch to digital data entry, because they are used to taking field notes manually, and may not trust the safety of the data. I think this is just a personal preference though, as I personally would trust a cloud-based, digital product more than I would trust my own ability to keep track of many pieces of paper! One challenge I've noticed is that during timed surveys (e.g. breeding bird surveys), if you have a lot of fields to fill out, and multiple levels of menus, it can be tricky to fill out each data point quickly when you have a limited time to conduct the survey. We typically do surveys in pairs, so I find it's easiest to have one person conducting the actual survey, and one person filling out the form, so that I can spend more time looking through my binoculars than at the tablet.

Leland from Leeward Solutions, LLC

Fulcrum Mobile Data Collection

Fulcrum is a viable alternative to the cost of using other "shop"-based software that require subscription to standard engineering tools. Fulcrum is useful for people in professions other than engineering and large-scale design work. At the end of a project, I can have a thorough data set for a project that can be shared (either through the software or through data exports) with others for a variety of purposes.

Pros

In combination with a GPS receiver, the Fulcrum software allows me to capture data in the field using unique data point identifiers, including latitude and longitude. I have thirty or so separate apps within the software that I use for collecting natural history data at client and county levels. The available data fields allow me tremendous flexibility in choosing the types of categories (single-choice, multiple-choice), organization into sections, creation and import of choice lists (in some cases, of several thousand plant species or several hundred county street names), and data export into multiple GIS-friendly database files. I am impressed with it. There are some functions I have not used, such as multiple-member apps and sharing levels.

Cons

Unlike competitor software, it does not allow use of paths or polygons. Usually, I use discrete data points or paths; for the latter, it is necessary to have direction-of-travel and side-of-road fields that require extra time in the field. In the fields that use choice lists, I often use an "Other" field that allows input that does not exist in the list, but modification of the data field - especially unchecking another list element - results in loss of any entry in the Other field. There should be a means for retaining this information despite other changes in the field, and "Other" should open for additional information without deleting existing contents.

Gilles from TER-Consult

Industry: Environmental Services

Great app and services, very good assistance.

So much!! :) We build the first complete experience in Belgium for managing Urban Trees. Multi-level of users and companies (from worker to experts and manager), multi purposes (from managing orders, studies, observations, planning, working processes). With the aim of perpetuating respectful management of the exceptional heritage trees of Brussels, so complex in a city undergoing change with so many stakeholders and dangerous developments for our trees.

Pros

There are so much possibilities to develop yourself a high quality product, for you or for your customers! Intuitive but complete, that's what I was looking for to keep leading my project.

Cons

-poor on cartographic capacities (no lines, and polygons), no label -not builded as dynamic relationnal database (so it means that you have to build complexe solutions or pay additionnal services to automate updating processes from table(app) to others.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Copy paste already filled records.

Broderick from Brown & Caldwell

Field Review of the Fulcrum System

Using Fulcrum, mainly the mobile application, has been a god sent. I do not like keeping up with paper reports and then transferring them to digital content and having to attach media to the now digital report. Having this platform and being able to attach my media (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) to my report all from one device and not having to transfer files back and forth from phone to computer any more if GREAT. In one action, I can complete multiple tasks at once.

Pros

What I like the most about Fulcrum is the ease of use while navigating around the app on mobile devices, no matter the OS of the device (i.e. iOS or Android) the Fulcrum application works great. I love having the ability to only have to use my tablet or my phone while completing field work and filling out field reports and then uploading them to the cloud. It's much better than having to keep track of everything with pen and paper.

Cons

I do not like Fulcrum when it comes to uploading media (i.e. Photos, etc.) to reports. Only limiting the user to select and upload one (1) photo at a time to the reports is beyond mildly frustrating. If I could select multiple photos at once from my mobile device's photo gallery and upload them all at the same time in one swoop, that would be FANTASTIC. But until that happens, I'm just going to have to get over it and deal with my frustrations. Otherwise, great experience using the mobile version of Fulcrum.

Great geo-app!

We collect thousands of data points annually using Fulcrum - it's greatly streamlined our field data collection processes for many different aspect of water quality research and stormwater management feature design, from soil test pits to infrastructure inspection. Without this software, we'd be struggling to scale our business.

Pros

Apps are easy to customize, near-infinite options for data collection, and great back-end data review options, plus tons of integration options with other software platforms.

Cons

I'd love to see collection of line/polygon features integrated. I'd also like to see the option to create custom reports (drag and drop) without consulting with Fulcrum's designers. And finally, I'd love to have the option to assign different icons based on status (not just color as the app currently allows).

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're so glad Fulcrum could help you scale your business! We love to hear stories like this. Thanks a lot for the feedback on what you would like to see in Fulcrum. Line and polygon support is something that we do get asked about from time to time. I wanted to let you know it is on our radar however it is something that would take a lot of development time to accomplish. We agree a drag and drop report builder would be awesome! We have had some talks about making it possible for users to make small edits to the default report template and this could expand in the future based on feedback. We are also exploring options for better symbology. There are some technical issues with the symbology being consistent across all platforms that the development team has to work though. If you have not shared these thoughts already, please feel free to send your ideas to support@fulcrumapp.com. User feedback is a big driver for our product roadmap.

RAGHU from PIKE Enterprises LLC

Fulcrum is excellent tool for Field Users

Solved issues related to Field Operations.

Pros

Offline capabilities, Easy to design forms

Cons

Reporting platform is not mature yet. Need Analytics

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Easy to use and forms design is simple

Darren from Brixton Metals Corp

Industry: Mining & Metals

Capture Field Sample Descriptions without Internet or Cell Service

We use Fulcrum in the mineral exploration industry where our sampling crews capture their field sample descriptions on their Android phones. Android phones are simpler to use as we can load background maps as maptiles into the app (a bit tricky to load onto iPhones). Crews record sample descriptions, take sample photos, and capture GPS coordinates all with their phone. Cell phone service or Internet is not required while in the field. The sampling crew refresh their phone app when they get back to camp in the evening where satellite Internet is available. So by the end of the day everyone's field data has been uploaded to the cloud. Head office can view progress within a few hours either with the map viewer on the Fulcrum website or by loading into the company's GIS database.

Pros

The app and website are both easy to use. It was easy to set up the data capture templates using the website tools. The templates were then uploaded onto the user's phones by simply refreshing their app. The users require minimal training to use the app. Uploading the users data to a common cloud-based database by simply refreshing their app is probably the best feature of Fulcrum. No data loss and no duplication of data with multiple users. We also like the licensing. We are seasonal users. So during the off-season we just keep one account active in order to save our templates and access our database online.

Cons

No real cons. Probably could be advertised more with some real-world examples on how to utilize the software. We learned about Fulcrum word of mouth. Uploading background images could be easier. We currently create maptiles using TileMill which can be tricky.

Jeremy from CNUC

Love Fulcrum & recommend all the time

We collect data, show project updates, assign work, export for 3rd party use, vehicle inspection, conduct audits, use for job briefings, make exports to Excel and PDF. Can export as KMZ.

Pros

Extremely versatile and totally customizable, easy to train new people to use, exports data in many formats

Cons

1. Phone battery drain as used GPS and multiple photos per data pin; probably not Fulcrum issue; 2. edited photos must be imported to be used as in Fulcrum camera cannot edit; 3. Info about one property is only in one app=switch apps to find more on different projects for same property

Manjunath from LDC

Fulcrum A Great Tool

Great!! hardly any bug for a complex app like this...

Pros

Ease of building Apps, Lot of FAQs and answers, Quick response on issues but would like more!!, Very effieicent data collector, API keys are of great help, Can be integrated with other tools.

Cons

I dont see any to be frank. But to fill the words , would like to see the google maps connection to be there on I phone as well and now I see that only on android phones, it shd be easier to upload pictures as it takes more time to synch pictures now, may be a technology to down size and resize the pictures during upload and download time. There has to be option to upload our own road networks as well. There has to be a go to option (without google maps ) to help us route to the pre designated GPS point......

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Price, Ease of use , trust on confidentiality, they have a wonderful team who come up with good solutions.

Shawn from Alonsa Conservation District

Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect for small organizations in need of a versatile and cost effective GIS platform.

My volunteer Board wanted me to have a way to re[port on issues throughout the area I work in and track field reports. Another great function is the ability to handle clients communications and billing with the software. If your business relies on GIS data Fulcrum is tough to beat.

Pros

-Ease of use -Quality of UI -Scalability -Data Security/integrity/accessibility -Versatility

Cons

-Honestly Fulcrum has fulfilled a large part of our data collection and management requirements. The one thing I can see that may draw me away is the fact that we have access to more complete GIS software packages that are able to perform many of the same functions and don't have subscription fees. That being said I would still be reluctant to stop using Fulcrum as it integrates with other software and is just so easy to teach my volunteer staff to use.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Ease of use, scalability and data integrity.

Thes best mobile data collection software available

Fulcrum

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Great features to ensure data quality. Great data integration features. Developer capabilities and features

Ioana-Maria from RPS Water

Industry: Utilities

Great app to use for data collection

It improved exponentially the quality of the data collection and removed completely the use of paper based packs.

Pros

The capability to create bespoke forms and have control over their updates.

Cons

I'd like if there could be more options for mobile users to use alternative tile sets. It accepts only MBtiles for now. For mobile app would be beneficial to have more filtering options. Potentially more tutorials from developers would be beneficial to have.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're so glad to hear that your data collection quality has improved exponentially since using Fulcrum! We do plan on exploring alternative tile-sets to MBTiles. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with your Fulcrum Account Manager or our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com. Good news! Our mobile development teams are currently working on enhancing our filtering and sorting functionality. We do not have a estimated release date yet, but getting this released is a high priority to us.

Robert from Insignia Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Fulcrum is the perfect companion for field-based data collection

Our field staff love collecting data on this platform when compared to the "old" methods (paper and pencil, hard copy forms, Excel forms, etc.). Fulcrum is miles ahead of the competition.

Pros

Fulcrum is the perfect platform for our field data collection needs. The ability to prepare logic-based forms that direct users into collecting just the right information (not too little and not too much) is critical for our needs. The tool is extremely flexible and the development team is constantly improving features/functions. The API capabilities are game changers for us and how we interact with our data. Can't say enough good things about this platform!

Cons

I would like to see a reporting tool that allows users to build custom reports straight from their data without engaging additional professional services support offered by Fulcrum.

Craig from City of Yarra

Natural Asset Contract Management

Fulcrum has been an amazing experience and focus of constant improvement for Council's Parks, Trees and Bushland maintenance contract programs. All stakeholders have been very impressed by the flexibility to use and redesign each application to create greater operational efficiencies.

Pros

Designing the program to reflect contract KPIs has been instrumental in streamlining our contractor communication and compliance activities that drive monthly reporting. The fulcrum platform works on all our mobile devices without problem in the year we've worked with the product.

Cons

This spatial software uses 'pin drop' GIS points for recording data. Though there's a layer option to represent areas / polygons above the map, the pixel / resolution of our file was insufficient.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for providing Fulcrum such a great review! We love to hear that we were able to help you streamline your contractor communication and compliance activities. We're so glad your stakeholders have been impressed by the flexibility we have to offer and your ability to create greater operational efficiencies. Have you talked with our support team about your issues with file resolution? If not, please reach out to support@fulcrumapp.com. We would love to know more and see if we can help you out.

Brandon from Aperia Technologies

Exactly what I was looking for

We use Fulcrum to record information about vehicles and our product in the field to ensure we have clean and organized records of work completed and issues encountered. This has unlocked immense value for us. It allows managers to review work to maintain high quality. Using Fulcrum has also allowed for large amounts of field data to be gathered and quickly transferred from our field team to our engineering team when necessary.

Pros

Possible to configure "apps" to suit our specific needs Easy to use Allows for instant sharing of valuable insights from the field between the field and office-based teams Ability to download well-organized data to .csv files Ability to work offline

Cons

There were some inefficiencies when building apps. While there are quite a few complex features that can be added to the apps, they are not easy to implement.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad our app helps your managers maintain high quality of work, and has allowed you to gather and transfer from the field team to your engineering team quickly. We would love to hear more specifics about the difficulties you ran into while designing your app. We do aim to make Fulcrum as easy to use as possible, however, there are features that can be complex due to their flexibility and powerfulness. With features like these we do try to provide as much support as possible though. So feel free to reach out to our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com and see if they can give you a hand.

Mark from Desert Channels Group

Industry: Environmental Services

No more lost field sheets

A misplaced data collection sheet can be a huge cost in redoing the work - some of our project work is a full day's drive from head office - and Fulcrum eliminates that risk. It also means data is entered once whereas, previously, we would record the data on a field sheet, then it would have to be manually entered into a spreadsheet back in the office, before we could begin to process it.

Pros

Fulcrum's capability for working off line is critical for our work in remote areas. The ease of adding and tweaking fields in the designer view makes the development stage of an app very cost-effective. The overall ease of use and robustness of the platform are a big plus for our organisation.

Cons

It would be great to have a dedicated GPS track option and be able to record a GPS track without using the audio recording option.

Chris from Brookwood Tree Consulting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great data collection form building software

The software is well thought-out and easy to operate. This allows quick and efficient tree surveys and assessments.

Pros

I value the flexibility to collect the data needed for each project, which varies greatly. I can easily and quickly build just what I need and eliminate what I do not. This saves time, streamlines my workflow, and allows me to focus on creating value for clients.

Cons

Forms cannot be created, edited, or modified in the field. This requires me to ensure I have each app exactly as needed before leaving the office.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the excellent review, Chris! We're glad you are taking advantage of the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer, and it can support your needs as they change from project to project. Streamlining workflows is what we do best, so you can spend your time servicing your clients! Thanks for sharing your feedback on creating/editing/modifying an app in the field. The level of usability would have to be reduced from the robust nature of our web application if we were to offer that functionality on the mobile app. If you are in a connected environment, the web app can be logged into from a laptop and used from there. With that said, we will be sure to pass this feedback along to the product team as a feature request for you.

Manish from Punjabi University Patiala

Best Mobile data collection platform

It’s The Best

Pros

It’s the most user friendly and easy to customise platform for mobile data collection

Cons

Nothing to dislike. It’s the best platform

Chris from Brown and Caldwell

Fulcrum Review

Pros

Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Cons

Enterprise integration was a long time coming

Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Patrick from Sequel

Shortcut to Efficiency & Organization

The fact that the software provides you the ability to collect data for a variety of needs and store/access all of that data in one place has brought a wealth of efficiency to our organization as well as those we support.

Pros

What I liked most about Fulcrum was that is has an easy to use configuration process for setting up apps and the Fulcrum Team is always working on ways to improve these processes and implement new ones. I specifically enjoy their latest update to the User Management page, it makes setting up and editing users very easy. Also, the Learning Portal and Support Team make your program learning experience a fulfilling experience.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Based on the out of the box options and anticipated ease of use, it seemed like our best option.

Laurier from SA Energy Group

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great product

It has been a great tool for our specific data tracking needs and our clients have been impressed with the functionality of this database. Being a mobile app based product it allows easy access to data files and in a regulated industry (pipeline construction) we are able to verify records immediately as requests are made.

Pros

This is a great tool for managing some of our data tracking requirements and the accessibility enhances the database even more. The data base is relatively easy to use once it is set up, however set-up can be a bit of a challenge.

Cons

As mentioned above, set-up of the templates was a bit of a challenge, but that is self imposed and not the fault of Fulcrum.

Alan from Metropolitan Fire Brigade of Melbourne

Industry: Public Safety

FIre Department's Friend

We use FULCRM for Damage Assessment and Search & Rescue operations and find its ease of set up and deployment really useful. Again the lack of Polygon / Linear features is an issue I'd hope will be addressed soon. Our Scientific Officers also use it to locate their air quality monitors, but again can't use it for smoke plumes / Water contaminate modelling due to lack of Polygon features.

Pros

It's ease of use and set up makes FULCRUM easy and quick to deploy in emergency situations

Cons

We'd like to be able to import / draw polygon & line features. This would be particularly useful in rural search and rescue operations. During the Bushfire season at the start of this year, we had 4 major fire complexes burning covering approximately 18,636,079 hectares (46,050,750 acres). We needed to add areas and sub areas to allocate crews which we can't do in FULCRUM. WE employed a workaround using tile files but it was rather cumbersome and obviously the tiles could not be edited or interacted with. We would be unable to tackle another catastrophic fire season like the last one, using FULCRUM, without Polygon / Linear features being added.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Cost and ease of set up and deployment

Jomo from Digicel

Excellent Functionality

Used this application for years over several large projects and day to day data capture requirements. I'm very pleased with the software from both the mobile and web interface.

Pros

The ability to create forms that meet almost all data capture requirements and combined with Geo-tagging. Additionally the offline mode that captures the information without mobile data where it can later sync to the server has placed this solution above all others.

Cons

Work could be done on the export functionality to exclude certain columns. The data can often be overwhelming for standard users.

Carlos from AECOM

Verstile and Reliable Tool

Pros

The possibility to customize the apps to inlcude diferent wys to capture data, and the posibility to link multiple apps between each other to work as a database the propoplate records and ease coordination works.

Cons

Nothing remarkable. Things can always be better I guess but you also need to consider the limits of technology that are always expanding ,allowing thing to slowly improve. The rate of enhancemnets and improvements I have seen in the last year are Ok and I feel content with that. Perhaps cost might be a deterrant if there are any cheaper/free alternatives avaailable depending on the needs for each project. Small areas where I had problems: trying to load GIS layers was a bit dificultu due to the requirements of the platform to use diferent formats depening on the GIS layer being required online or offline as well. It was very clear and explained in the instructions but it required me to rework my data that was already in Shp or Kml. Also, the GIS funcitons were a bit limited but again, i undertand this is not the original prupose of the tool.

Lee from Nelson County Road Department

Data Collection Software That Fills Our Needs

Fulcrum has been great in aiding in collecting data and it has been very useful in our daily operations.

Pros

The program is very customizable to suit our data collection needs. I currently use Fulcrum apps for Work Orders, Daily Reports, Traffic Sign Inventory, Drone Flight Logs, and more. I can use Fulcrum on my desktop computer and collect data out in the field with my phone or IPad. I also like being able to link two apps together. For instance , I log my work orders with my daily reports.

Cons

I wish the PDF Reports would be a little more customizable. Sometimes when I add photos to a report , there is a lot of empty space on a page causing the use of more paper and looking a little less professional.

Carissa from Century Engineering, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Software is making preliminary natural resource mapping a breeze.

Pros

Really enjoy the real time data collection and photo associations, the fact that there is no time consuming post processing work, and the ability to export a dbase from the collected data to create quick tables.

Cons

Wish there was a line collection option to delineate the perimeter of an object.

Tamas from Catsurveys Group

Industry: Utilities

From site to reports instantly

Overall very positive, we are using Fulcrum since 2016 and not planning to change to any alternatives.

Pros

I really like that is not require pro programming skills and I can build everything I want. A huge positive against other custom form applications is the GIS capabilities. Also I really like their postgres sync module (dev version), so field data can be manipulated on the fly and land into any GIS or Excel.

Cons

For basic form applications it is a bit too expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

GIS capabilities, offline access and sync, mapping functionalities.

Asghar from Dawiyat Integrated Telecom

Industry: Computer Networking

Flexible Soloution for surveys.

Only fulcrum fill our all requirements. Fast and reliable, can control from anywhere. Good customer support.

Pros

Great product from beginner till now i am expert. A good API & data events make this product very effective , this product is a complete package. This products is also interesting for developers . In Short this is a complete soloution for any kind of business.

Cons

If there are any option for using fulcrum database locally without syncing, then this product will hit edges. Fulcrum must start professional certification programs for individuals like other products. Making API query writable also is a plus point. Custom pdf design must be client base or atleast make API for custom PDF.

David from Environments for People

Environmental compliance

Easy field data collection Simple processing one you have mastered the technical side which is standard stuff

Pros

Setting up a basic recording form is so easy. If you want to move up a level the help, not and customer service are fantastic. Obtaining help is so simple and quick and developing it from a simple firm to a database is step by step

Cons

We find it easier to change our processed to fit fulcrum but, having said that, it wasn't difficult and they use standard outputs that are so easy to adapt to

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Simplicity and ease of use

Gary from Ambit Project Management, LLC

Good tech support

As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasn’t much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Pros

Cons

I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

Superior Field Data Collection

Personally, I have appreciated the flexibility that Fulcrum provides. Their apps, APIs, and open source tools give you full control over your data. I highly recommend this as a data collection platform.

Pros

Fulcrum provides an impressive array of features and possibilities with their mobile data collection platform. The ability to manage apps and data using open standards and developer friendly APIs means that you can incorporate a superior data collection experience into your workflow, regardless of your existing technology footprint.

Cons

There are some advanced features of this platform that may be difficult for a beginner. However, it is very straight-forward for a beginner to get up and running with a simple data collection app.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review! We're glad you are enjoying the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer and that you're getting the most out of your API integration.

Angie from Tennessee River Gorge Trust

Great GIS production for Conservation Professionals

Pros

At our land trust, we use Fulcrum to collect data about the lands we own and manage. We collect data on the condition of property boundaries, recreational trails, species of interest, and environmental research. Fulcrum works seamlessly with our GIS software- QGIS and ArcGIS. We are able to use Fulcrum to live link data into QGIS using a GeoJSON link. We are also able to communicate data across our staff and share the product across our staff devices.

Cons

I wish the software had better capabilities for displaying and collecting line and polygon data, but I have found a work around using Tiles.

Michael from TP&L

Great App

Fulcrum is great, and it has saved us time and money. I wouldn't enjoy my job near as much without it.

Pros

Using fulcrum has made my manager and I's job so much easier that I don't know how we got by before using it. Be it data entry, being able to find components without searching for hours, making numerous phone calls, and data entry, the workload that has been taken on by Fulcrum is tremendous. For anyone in a field like ours this app is a must have.

Cons

The sattelite image is old, which can make finding things off of landmarks more difficult. I also have found that the computer version is much better than the mobile in the sense that filtering is way easier. The list view (like excel) needs to be more user friendly and available on the mobile side of things.

Fred from NSW Public Works Advisory

Excellent Product

Extremely useful data collection product tat has proven extremely useful for our day-to-day business as well as during the recent bushfire emergency allowing us to collect Information on thousands of Properties.

Pros

The most useful aspect is its ease of use and ability to make changes on the fly.

Cons

The inability to create our own reports (which is being looked at now though).

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Easier, cheaper, could write our own forms back then. Free trials.

Jackie from Arcadis

Fulcrum in the field

I have seen an easier transition of field forms to office editing. It is easier to record data in the field and assure that all needed fields are acquired.

Pros

The generalized field forms are very convenient, and they are also slightly customizable which makes creating multiples for one event easy. I also like the ease of transferring from fulcrum to use in the office space.

Cons

I don't like that when the program syncs it has to sync all apps even if I don't use them. I think having the option to select if you want a specific field to carry over the data input would be nice.

Fulcrum: A Flexible Solution

Overally my experience with Fulcrum has been wonderful. It met the initial need I had when I purchased a few years ago and has helped me grow my business as well.

Pros

Flexible platform. The software fully supports customers bringing their own opinions to the table to get work done their way.

Cons

Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though).

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're so glad our app could help you grow your business!

Stephanie from ComfortEagle, LLC

Fulcrum Review

I love it. I can use it in the field with or without the internet right from my phone.

Pros

It can be updated and easily changed any time to meet our needs.

Cons

The lack of dashboard for easier reporting and process control.

Mitch from Comcast NBC Universal

Excellent Tool - Highly recommend it!

Far too much to go into any detail - we have deployed approximately 12 different tools for a variety of our field personnel to identify and track plant damage, outage incident reporting, quality assurance, new construction deployments (project management) etc.

Pros

Scalability and ease in customizing based on need

Cons

Unable to incorporate PDF uploads

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied June 2019

We're glad you're enjoying Fulcrum, Mitch! Thank you letting others know.

Ronald from Redaptive Inc

Industry: Renewables & Environment

App developed in a weekend that saved us time and money

I have 200 electricians installing energy metering across the USA. They now use the app to report on what they did at each unique site. The app was set up in less than a week, was tested, trained and rolled out to the first 20 electricians within a month. Amazingly easy, feature-rich and fast to deploy. The field team loves it and finds that it saves them a lot of time.

Pros

Extremely easy to learn to build an app with lots of functionality. This was the first time I developed an app and I did it in one weekend.

Cons

1) Every entry field requires a new row on the app, even if is just a one-digit number. I would like to put 2-3 fields on the same row to get more on each screen. 2) I want to put an icon or small photo next to the fields to make it more user friendly. For example I wanted to show an example of what a QR code looks like next to the entry field for a QR code. 3) I want to send an email alert to my headquarters tech whenever a new file is generated in the field, so he can contact the person in the field immediately if there is a problem. I can't easily set up an alert for every time a new file is created.

Mohammad Amir from Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd

Fulcrum : Additional GIS layer for Telco in Future.

We have been using for Survey and Scope Analysis for FTTH.

Pros

The Simplicity of the App and User interface. Offline storage of data during survey. Enhanced user support i.e. first time users. Inclusion of mbtiles.

Cons

1. The Github issues are not taken seriously. 2. Less contribution by open source develpers. 3. Api should be provided in more languages like Scheme, Haskell.