BOSS Solutions Reviews

4.60 / 5 (93) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 6 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "very good features out of the box for the price"

• "It is easy to use and it gives me more reports that I can create. "

• "This application is very intuitive and very customizable. "

• Cons

• "Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs."

• "Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard"

• "There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)"

Browse BOSS Solutions Reviews

William from Greenville Utilities

Industry: Utilities

BOSS Support Central - A Remote Support Must Have!

We have been with BOSS for over 5 years, and they provide exceptional customer service. Anytime that we have identified an issue, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to troubleshoot and report bugs to have it fixed in their next software release. They appreciate feedback and work to keep their product up to date.

Pros

The ability to login to Support Central from anywhere at anytime and process tickets is something that we cannot live without in the new COVID19 world. We have not missed a beat, and our end users are receiving the support that they want and expect in a timely, professional manner because of it. The Dashboard area allows for the creation of widgets to monitor ticket assignments, counts and more on the fly. We utilize routing, templates and automatic responses to make sure support issues are addressed as quick as possible.

Cons

We are very pleased with the product. The only recommendation that I have is for them to invest in a training and tutorial area for technicians to easily reference to learn of new features or to learn about how to get the most out of the product.

Gary from Forsyth County

Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk.

We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

Pros

The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

Reasons for Choosing BOSS Solutions

Better value and the BEST support team!!! I can't say enough good things about the Support team and how they continually strive to meet our organization's requirements.

Ginger from Jones County Board of Edu

Technology Specialist

It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

Ronald from City of Marietta, GA

Excellent platform for Service Desk

We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros

Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons

At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Reasons for Choosing BOSS Solutions

The price of BOSS was very modest compared with the alternatives and the flexibility of the BOSS product was outstanding.

Ryan from HOLT CAT

No programming knowledge No problem

My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Reasons for Choosing BOSS Solutions

Cost and ease of deployment.

Kurt from City of Pflugerville

Best Help Desk software we've ever used

Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros

The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Katherine from Holt CAT

Industry: Machinery

Very User and Agent Friendly Application

I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros

I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons

There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Ronald from Aiken County Government

BOSS Ticketing System and more...

Really fantastic product that makes ticket and asset management a breeze. Great support. Never have to wait for a response to a question.

Pros

It never stop surprising us with what it can do.

Cons

Missing a few things we had in 3.9. Used to be able to itemize purchases in tickets.

Nathaniel from GA Secretary of State

Support Needs

Pros

This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons

The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Gary from Alachua County BoCC

Very Good Work Order & Asset Management System

With over 15 yrs in IT, I find BOSS Solutions Suite to be the best Ticketing System for the price. Also, there is no annual increase in the cost for support .

Pros

The ability to track & manage Computer & Server Assets

Cons

Need the ability to communicate with other non-Windows based assets; i.e. Cisco network devices, printers, & Apple products.

Reasons for Choosing BOSS Solutions

I was not part of the selection. But I am glad they chose them.

Ben from Lexington County School District One

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Adam from Origen Biomedical

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Solution for your business!

Pros

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Yadira from Lone Star National Bank

Great ticketimg system and easy freindly!!

We are upgrading our system to v4.0 web based an is awesome, I like it because is more easy friendly and better to manage. I had less trouble implementing some settings and creating the service catalogs. I think that this is great ticketing system. I never have issues with support, they always help me, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he is very knowledgeable and vey kind. Kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

That now they have the web based version, which we are in the process of upgrading. Also, the service catalogs, routing rules, reports, and the way to mage all the settings, is way easier than before.

Cons

I didn't like the reporting system. I had to contact support, if I wouldn't be able to create my SQL queries.

John from Southern States LLC

Great Customer Service

Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

david from guc

Flexibility and sleek desing

Pros

The dashboard that gives me specific information related to only me is a great tool. I normally have my screen on the dashboard. The easiness and quickness to generate a ticket or check an asset is also hard to beat. Being able to create templates for certain tasks so that it auto-fills the bulk of the information is a great time saver.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the best in class and needs alot of work. It could be our side, but it often is very slow when running from the web portal as well. I think I still like the thick client better and did not really have slowness issues.

Claude from City of North Miami

3+ Years and Counting Satisfied BOSS Customers

Pros

In addition to being straightforward to use for both my staff and our users, The graphical interface is very intuitive and provides many features/functions to our organization. Probably most helpful is the ability to create and track service tickets all from emails. For those users who are a bit more saavy the web interface is great and provides a more robust experience. Lastly, customer support is great!

Cons

Not too much in the complaint department. The software performs as you would expect and even has some additional bells and whistles that enhance the experience.

Russ from Douglas County Georgia BOC

BOSS is on point

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting. My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Rick from Forsyth County Government

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Jeff from Gaston County, NC

BOSS Support Central

We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

Pros

Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

Cons

We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customization

Allan from UGA

Awesome product and support staff.

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products. Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

Kim from City of Odessa Information Technology

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk.

Implements our service response and keeps history.

Pros

Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Cons

Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

bryan from bgi, llc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Long time BOSS user

I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros

We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons

I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Helpdesk and Asset Management

Great product, helpful company, good demos.

Pros

I feel confident that this software is going to be an excellent go-to for all our asset management needs, as it now is for our Helpdesk needs

Cons

We're having to remove its link from Active Directory because it isn't effectively pulling all our asset information the way it should so we will have to do this manually - but then again, there are other things we want on there that aren't in AD so we would have to do it anyway

Debbi from Village of Mount Prospect, IL

Good System for Inventory and Incidents

Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros

The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons

All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags

Kathy from ARC Local Government

Great!!!

Inventory Management

Pros

The software is customer and user friendly and love the fact that custom fields can be added. I would recommend BOSS software to any business or local government that need to gain control of managing tickets and managing their inventory.

Cons

Routing rules for groups and teams take time to learn. The need to fully understand BOSS and how to utilize the software for reports etc. need to be more hands on.

Mario from The Save Mart Companies

Industry: Supermarkets

BOSS Solutions Review

The BOSS Support Central Solution is great for supporting our 225 plus grocery stores, 2 distribution centers, 3 corporate offices, and multiple satellite offices. We work in an ever changing world so having the great customer support from BOSS make it easier for my team to support our customers.

Pros

Simple integration and get data/reports from.

Cons

Would like to get more date from the notes in reports, meaning the ability to pull time from an individual agent in multiple tickets though out a day/week.

Joedy from Augusta Richmond County

Support Central Is the Bomb!!

We use the software for our helpdesk and asset management solution. Both features are robust and easily customizable. The Dell integration for warranty information on assets is awesome. Looking forward to HP integration as well.

Pros

The customization and support has really improved since the previous version. The service desk makes ticket creation a breeze and saves huge amounts of time

Cons

Nothing there isnt anything i can think of that hasnt been addressed

Junior from City Miami Gardens

Industry: Government Relations

Products Capabilities

Make it easy for users to report their issues and no excuses from Helpdesk Support team because ticket can update anytime, anywhere .

Pros

There are few features that I like, taking the possibility where I can customize most of the input in Service Catalogue by adding or removing and also the assets management tool which is very helpful for pulling reports.

Cons

Not keeping customer update up coming features.

Gus from BRK

BOSS has been a great addition to our Help-Desk team, we love this application.

Keeping track and record of all my help-desk tickets, it helps the team go back and search the database for resolved issues, the team works fater and better organized.

Pros

The application is super easy to use, easy to customize and they are always available to assist with any issues.

Cons

The reporting needs improvement, it can be a little confusing creating your reports, a better mobile app would be a plus and also workflow approval process.

Scott from Jones County Board of Education

Great ticketing and asset management solution

BOSS allows us to keep accurate inventory of our technology infrastructure. The ticketing/help desk functionality and reporting allows us to ensure that our end users issues are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. You would be hard pressed to find a solution that offers everything that BOSS does at a price point that fits the budget.

Pros

Helpdesk ticketing, inventory, reporting

Cons

SQL process does get pretty intensive and can tend to eat up a lot of resources.

Deanna from Cobb County Government

Great product for IT!

BOSS has been a great product within our county, allowing IT to better streamline support needs. BOSS support has also been great to work with and help us get to where we are going!

Pros

Love the ability to create electronic forms that automatically generate Support tickets based on different fields on the form. Really a time saver for IT staff!

Cons

The Reporting tools and Survey capture/reporting could be better.

John from Ob Hospitalist Group

BOSSDesk continues to amaze

The BOSSDesk offering has been great. My staff made the change quickly and easily to the solution. BOSS Solutions has been excellent to work with regarding issues we ran across as well as listened regarding feature requests or other questions we had. I am very excited about where this product will go as it matures.

Pros

The ease of use for technicians. Very flexible in creating workflow like processes. Additional functionality continues to be added. The integration with service requests with standard tickets and the ability to define your own forms.

Cons

reporting is still very basic and limiting and needs some serious work. Some functions are a bit complicated when it comes to defining approvals or routing rules and limited in what you can route on such as limited routing on extended statuses. Integration with AD is nice, but needs to be expanded to use more of the attributes vs. having to manually enter when the data is already available to pull.

Phil from Aiken County Government

Decent Ticketing and Asset management system

Pros

I dig the ticketing search and the ability to run reports off the the inventory, that is very helpful. The Dell API integration for warranty and system info is also very nice.

Cons

I wish that it's speed was a little better, that might be partially due to the VM that it's on and I plan on bumping it up when I have resources available.

Mary from Jones County School System

BOSS Solutions Review

I enjoy working in BOSS as an end user and as an admin. I use BOSS to keep up with my school's inventory and with our technical trouble tickets. BOSS helps keep us organized and efficient. I do wish the BOSS conferences weren't so expensive.

Pros

The ease of use and the helpdesk support people are always willing to help.

Cons

I am not a fan of the mobile app. It could be because I don't use it as often.

Doug from College of HRSM

HRSM review

BOSS has not only aided in our workflow process, it has also helped our organization become more organized with regard to asset allocation and inventory. It has been so easy to use and the customer support has been top-shelf.

Pros

How easy it is to customize to any organization or business.

Cons

It could use an updated interface.

Jessie from City of Niceville

One year later still going strong

The experience has been great, the staff at Boss is awesome and I have recommended them a number of times.

Pros

We have had much more buy-in from our users than our previous helpdesk software. The ease of use has been a driving factor and the Service Catalog is a game changer. The user selects what issue they are having and we have the forms set to collect the information that we need to help us provide the support faster.

Cons

The reporting is a little lacking, however, that is coming around.

Mahir from Mobile Area Water & Sewer System

Boss Asset Management

Great product for managing your inventory and assets. Wonderful features offered through it for the customers, and most of all Fantastic Tech Support and guidance in making it work for you from the Boss Organization.

Pros

Ease of use and variety of features offered

Cons

does not provide a solution for all circumstances but which product does

Tamara from Douglas County Board of Commissioners

Industry: Information Services

Excellent product, Customer Support and adaptability!

Customer service and technical support are top notch. We love the flexibility to interface with Active Directory and MS Access. We use the reports to manage all of our helpdesk functions. BOSS reports provide management valuable information on trends and technical support resource utilization.

Pros

Customer Service and Flexibility

October 2015

Rick from Forsyth County Government

October 2015

It's the backbone for many of our service departments

BOSS Solutions Support Central has proven to be a flexible and reliable asset for many of our service departments throughout Forsyth County. It's the primary means for all county employees to request assistance with computer and communications related issues. Our GIS department uses Support Central for every service request it receives and it's employees use the timesheet feature to track their time on each service request. Our Communications department uses Support Central to service the projectors in our meeting rooms. Our Sheriff's Office uses Support Central for all of their internal service requests for equipment, radios and department-specific software issues. Our Parks & Rec department is considering using Support Central for internal service requests as well as integrating this into a web-based service for our citizens to report service requests for park facilities. We've been a BOSS Solutions customer since 2007. Our positive experience with the application, the customer service and the company as a whole gives us the confidence to roll Support Central out to other departments as an integral part of their plan to provide effective and efficient services to the organization.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Replied May 2016

Thank you Rick for your positive review and feedback of the BOSS Support Central product. We are glad that the product continues to bring such great benefit to Forsyth County and your feedback helps us to continue to improve the product for all of our customers.

It is simple to place work orders and look at history by customer.

Pros

Simplicity of submitting and reviewing work orders and queues, seeing subordinate work orders under master work orders

Cons

Data Report building and lack of ease of customization without Administrative access, slowness of viewing different screens.

The easiest system to setup based on your company needs

Pros

I like the interaction you get with the software, the fact that you can customized the icons, and also the support you receive

Cons

very basic input, needs more additions. for example project management, incident manage, and change management.

Ginger from Douglas County

Very good, great support

Pros

The product is very user-friendly and creates the tickets and accountability we need. We love the email to ticket functionality.

Cons

Mobility, but you are in the process of upgrading the specs we need. Assets scanning bar codes will be better too.

Annette from MaconBibb IT Department

The best conference I have attended.

Pros

That is software is getting better and that it will be easier for user to use. Human Resources will be able to use this software. The inventory section will also be helpful in this software.

Cons

Needed more time to get with the BOSS team to get hands on experience. Need more days with the tech team from BOSS teach users so when they go back to their place of business, they can teach other users.

Whitney from City Of College Park

Our Solution was BOSS

Pros

I am satisfied with the BOSS ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. We have begun using electronic forms and it has made our every day work life a lot easier.

Cons

Have no cons - it meets our needs perfectly.

Annette from MaconBibb County

Excellent

The software is very easy to access. I like the different features that the upgrade has. I hope we keep this software for a long time.

Pros

It is easy to use and it gives me more reports that I can create.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Paul from Jones County school System

Very Good Experience with BOSS Support Central

Boss Support Central hass really helped us to manage and streamline our trouble ticket calls. It has really eased the pain of how we were doing trouble tickets before. Also, the inventory management functions have been very useful and allowed us to computerize all of our inventory in one central location.

Pros

Very easy to manage and access trouble tickets. Very nice inventory management functions

Cons

None that I can think of

Joedy from Augusta Richmond County

A wonderful support staff and wonderful team to work with to get the most out of this product

Pros

The flexibility and malleability of the program to be fitted to the needs of the customer so that it can best be used in an ever changing IT world. The product is not another cookie cutter solution that you have to try and make fit to your needs it is fully capable of being customized to the customer.

Dillon from City of Arcata

Well equiped for the price

Pros

very good features out of the box for the price

Cons

a little bit of a learning curve at first figuring out where things are to customize

Long from Hawthorne

Great reliable service

Pros

Ticketing System, Hardware Tracking, department Interaction

Cons

At the moment can think of any cons or setbacks.