• Pros

• "The software is easy to use and works well for us."

• "I love the ability to access with such ease, and not having to open a million different applications."

• "I enjoyed the fact that you can log on from multiple locations."

• Cons

• "User interface is a bit overwhelming at first but the more you use it and get familiar you will get the hang of it. "

• "The complexity needed for the password is a little outrageous, but I understand why it has to be. Protection from hackers and data breaches. Other than that it’s great."

• "Slow to open sometimes. At startup (at least in the version i'm using), opening putty sessions is a little bit slow, but the other stuff turn this a small point, compared to the positive points."

Browse Remote Desktop Manager Reviews

Brent from Intelligent Technologies, Inc.

Great RDP Management tool that grew into anything PAM solution.

Multiple users at multiple locations all who have the keys to various client systems and need to insure that we can all access them (subject to restrictions the admin places) and if one gets updated by a consultant that the change is captured and documented. Beside the automatic sharing of an update, if something stops working you can see who modified the entry and check why it is not working. If change was a mistake you simply roll the change back via the history feature. I had someone delete 200+ entries by mistake and five minutes later they were back.

Pros

It has a very rich set of features and capabilities for connection to systems needed to manage both internal systems and devices. More importantly client VPNs, credentials, connections, various other key details, and PowerShell scripts to enable a multiplier effect for my efforts to the entire organization. If I get one thing working for me, by adding it to RDM it is available for all users (if allowed) in my company. This leads to the next most favorite, granular controls over almost every aspect (if you choose) of the information stored in the system.

Cons

It does not handle moving from one network state to another gracefully. Meaning when running one VPN session and it ends, you might find yourself disconnected from the Management Server and if you were not offline, it clears your entries till you reconnect. This reconnect is easy but manual so it can be an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Remote Desktop Manager

Was already using it personally (free) so when professional need arose it was a simple choice.

Cary from Hitachi Vantara

Best IT-based tool I have ever purchased.

Because of its interface and capabilities, I have literally saved hours and hours of time every year since I started using it. I can't imagine doing my job without it any more.

Pros

Far too many to list. But list toppers are it's ability to integrate with LastPass, cloud-based database, and its UI configuration capability. It's hard to find anything that you'd want RDM to be able to do that isn't already in there!

Cons

I know when people love something and can't find fault, that they'll usually say the cost. I won't even do that, because it is worth every penny!!!

Reasons for Choosing Remote Desktop Manager

Features and cost. I've been using RDM for so long, I literally don't recall the different ones I found when Google'ing the topic. There was nothing that came close at the time! And, it honestly does everything I want, so I haven't and won't bother to look for a replacement.

Katie from JWS

Remote Desktop Manager

Overall, Remote Desktop Manager has helped us as an IT department become a lot more organized in our server listings, connections, and login information. It is a robust tool that we have only scratched the surface with using but has helped us immensely anyways.

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager is a great comprehensive tool that our IT department uses on a daily basis to connect to our network servers and store login information. These are the most helpful features for us and are very easy to use while also having enough security and steps to prevent mistakes.

Cons

My only complaint with the software is that upon launch, my computer freezes up for a few seconds while the launch animation occurs. This has happened on a handful of different computers. With that said, this is a minor complaint and does not detract from the usefulness of the program.

I don't like this sw at all, sorry

I'm using this sw from years and I'm totally not sadisfied. Too slow, too complex, and buggy. At least they needs to have 2 interfaces, one advanced and one lite with 10% of the options. they also needs to have a better quality check on the sw because it's usually buggy (or at least insert LTS version , so a user could update 2 or 3 times per month and other if they like will keep all the updates).

Pros

Full of functionality and features. If you think about a vpn, a remote connections this software has the plugin to automate the process. It's also secure because data are centrally stored with rbac config.

Cons

Well.... to heavy , this sw is always slow. I've changed my laptop with a new one with i7 and ssd with 32gb of ram and it's still slow! It's buggy... i usually skip some version because they add whatever plugin or functionality you probably never use because you will not be able to find it and they broke something you are using. The ui is confusing, too many options available.

Managed config-once remote access

It is a bit of setup, but honestly not much more than one person would do anyway... save your team a *lot* of effort and do get this set up *just once*.

Pros

The team-accessible database of connections is amazing. I can't tell you home many businesses I've seen get this wrong--every IT person using they're own solutions... so much wasted time and effort. Here we can get a new guy set up in about 10 minutes and he has easy access to servers/switches/aps with a simple search.

Cons

I don't have a feature I don't like about this, so the only thing to say is... gee, it could be cheaper.

One point to manage all

We have work with the solution for more than four years and our experience is good.

Pros

It is easy to use. You can share your connections with the team. You can set the default manner to connect with the servers (credentials, screen settings, etc.) and reuse these in the rest of the connections. You can create different server groups and add the servers below these to organize the connections.

Cons

The solution has not the possibility to connect with Linux/Unix systems using terminal connections or whatever.

Sean from Intelligaia LLC

Awesome way to remote into a PC

We always had to review a customers systems for upgrades and for processing help so this made it so simple

Pros

We use this daily to remote into a PC so we can quickly check on a customers system and either review errors or try to recreate something on their environment

Cons

We never had issues with RDM it always so easy for us to use. The only issues we ever had were related to the VPN tunnel we needed to go through.

Benjamin from 80024support.com

Most reliable

Overall, this product makes its possible to fully assist clients from a remote location.

Pros

This is the easiest program to use when it comes to remotely controlling clients computers. Most imporatnt it is easy for the client to follow the directions on their end.

Cons

Sensitive to certain internet connections. Seems to need full bars on both ends to achieve a successful connection.

Mindy from North Newton Jr-Sr High School

makes for an easy fix

I have really enjoyed being able to watch my problems be solved by someone miles and miles away. It's helpful to have an easy solution, and it's a great learning experience.

Pros

I like to think that I am able to troubleshoot most of my own tech problems. Unfortunately, I get stuck from time to time. Remote Desktop Manager lets me call on my friends who have more techie brains than I do. We can connect, they can take over my computer, and I can watch my problem be solved. It's a great!

Cons

It is a little disconcerting that someone else can get to all of my files, but I have to grant them permission, so it's really not a security issue.

Jodi from The Portland group

Industry: Wholesale

Great product!

We use this on a weekly basis to access others computers to set up software or fix issues

Pros

This product makes it easy for someone whom you trust to access your computer. We use this product to help guide someone whos having issues on a computer or to set up software from a different location. This is great because we have only one IT guy and 13 branches

Cons

Nothing negative to say. We love this product. Always easy to use and helpful. Makes connecting computers easy

Iva from Adams County Communications

Holy Grail of Remote Desktop Software

I came across Remote Desktop Manager in my search to find a better solution to what was becoming a time intensive process of updating, managing and remoting into what was growing to be a substantially large number of various types of connections. After testing several different remote management platforms with great disappointment, I finally found Remote Desktop Manager and have never looked back. I have been using it for over 5 years now. Not only do I use it to manage all my connections but I can use it in a well laid out platform.

Pros

I can quite literally remote into a crazy amount of connection environments all within under a minute if I want to as well as a specific connection environment along with its specific VPN connection dynamically if I want without having to connect to that groups VPN first. Remoting like a boss isnt the only plus to their platform. They have an extensive amount of tool sets one can use within each connection environment to use such as macros, scripts, management tools, command line tools, sub connections, logs and many others. The list of additional functionality is greater than one would be able to leave in a review.

Cons

The only cons I have come across over the years were there were a few times I found the version for Mac OS to be a little buggy but that was resolved timely and it didnt affect the actual functionality of the software. Also, some of the macro and script help documentation could have been a little more detailed. However, the help documentation pertaining to this could have very well been updated since the time I needed further clarification which was when I first started using it. I have not needed to use it since that time now that I understand how to configure the macros and scripts within the software.

Ben from Ben Liebowitz

June 2016

I've loved RDM since the first day I installed it!

I started using the free version of RDM many years ago. I was looking for something to manage my RDP connections in one place. When I found RDM and say all it could do, I immediately installed it and began using it! Soon afterwards, I upgraded to the enterprise version and now can never look back!

Pros

Based on the name, you'd think this is a tool just for Microsoft RDP, but you'd be very wrong! It can do SOOOO much more! I love that I can manage my RDP connections, along with SSH & VNC connections as well. I can have links to websites that I frequent and auto login using credentials in the repository. I have my vSphere client connections as well as vSphere Remote Console sessions as well. I have connections to my AWS EC2 accounts as well as S3 buckets as well. I also love the "keep tab on disconnect" feature! As an engineer, I'm constantly rebooting servers to troubleshoot issues, build new ones, etc. This is a huge time saver for me.

Cons

I haven't found any cons for the tool yet. I do have some coworkers that use the tool as well and the biggest complaint I hear from them is, "ANOTHER upgrade?" They complain that new versions come out too often. I see that as a plus not a con, but everyone's different!

Response from Devolutions

Replied June 2016

Thank you so much for your support Ben!

Joseph from Freelancer

Industry: Writing and Editing

Operate your PC from Miles away

It is a golden tool for remote control. A tool that takes over most of the human worries regarding access to documents.

Pros

The Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) is a must-have tool for anyone heading or operating a big organization with multiple users who need access to the company's information, yet with care to maintain privacy and security of the information. One of the major advantages of using the RDM, as I have encountered in my organization, is that this app lets the user operate their PC from remote locations, while the passwords are still secure. If the company has more than one person who needs to access the main computer, they can do so with the help of the RDM, without the company head worrying about the security of the documents... Further, the software eradicates the need for keeping so many passwords in the admin's closets, for with RDM, the system can securely manage the passwords on behalf of the IT department or the company head. Not to forget, this software is very efficient in time and space, since no one needs to walk to the main computer to get access to files stored in it. They all can access them from wherever they are with RDM. Finally, the software is very easy to install and set up, and may not require expert skills to operate. The users can easily set up the system with just minimal help. Not to forget however, the app is fairly cost-effective, unlike the traditional remote access software.

Cons

The software, however, is demanding in processor and system capacity; to serve several devices remotely, controlling and governing access to each of them, the system must be of high processing and speed capacity. As such, the software may not be used on small computers.

john from CompKickers

Remote Desktop Manger the remote session app that does everything except carry the kitchen sink.

Ever since I discovered Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager around 3 years ago ive not looked at any alternatives since as ive not had too and to add to that Devolutions are improving it all the time with new releases nearly every month which expands the feature list further as well as fixing bugs and like. Really you need to trial it to understand how much its way beyond most of the competition remote session managers and ive not even come close to utilising RDM 100%.

Pros

For me the main draw of Devolutions Remote Desktop Manger is the sure depth of its feature list and supported apps and services it can work with, its not just for managing RDP sessions. Ive been able to add sessions, credentials, links, syncronisers the list goes on so its like a multi tool for the IT admin.

Cons

The only down side for myself who is an IT freelance was the cost of the enterprise edition. I wasnt able to afford it for a long time so had to make do with the free edition but that still did everything i needed it to do as a daily driver app.

Frank from Holland Computers, Inc

System Administration Streamlined

In January 2016, our company, Holland Computers, Inc. was selected for a case study using Remote Desktop Manager. This is a product that I strongly believe in. Rarely does a tool come along that becomes your entire toolbox. In the course of doing my daily work, I have to make hundreds of connections to remote servers, manage those servers, databases, web sites, application servers and developers. RDM gives me a centralized, single pane of glass from which to do all of it. I can store passwords using my favorite password manager, Keepass, write and assign scripts, manage services, and build custom connections to every device, server and workstation I manage. The best part is that my entire team can use this and we don't have to keep redundant information in multiple places. Now, we can collaborate as a team, updating and sharing tools and connections in a way that makes all more efficient! Get your copy here: http://devolutions.net/ref/545020

Pros

Efficiency. It brings all of my systems into a single pane of glass. I also enjoy the numerous connection types that allow me to completely customize the product for my teams use.

Cons

I've been using this product for 2 years. I have yet to find a limitation...

Alexander from !BRNDMG

Best program to manage multiple remote connections using different protocols.

Makes an admins life much easier - every single day!

Pros

- Ease of use - User license (If you work for multiple companies, you only have to buy one licence) - Even without an active subscription RDM can be used for many years - Plugins available for nearly every remote management protocol one could think of - Plugins for 3rd party programms like Browsers and Password Managers - Awesome automatism possibilities - Ability to run own scripts (e.g. Powershell) against remote servers - Centralized connection management - Great security management - Roles for centralized connection managment - Ability to use cloud or on premise - Even standalone many possibilities to secure connection credentials (like local KeePass) - Stable - Fast and helpful support - Clean interface using ribbons - Good licensing model - Fast bugfixes - New features - Assesment management

No work day without Remote Desktop Manager!

saves a lot of time, the search for passwords finally belongs to the past - a centrally repository and the changes are in seconds on all clients available - also perfect is the offline mode! Also, if you on the way, you can use one of the mobile apps to get access fast and secure (supports also the offline mode!)

Pros

-) Team Management -) Security Role Based -) Centralized Password Management with granular security -) Many VPN Add-Ons -) Web Browser Integration (Devolutions Web Login) -) Available on Android & iOS -) Centralized Templates -) Features like open VPN automatically if ping fails! -) Support the import from many other programs -) Subconnections -) To-dos with reminder feature -) Documentation section -) Support variables -) Last but not least - the Support!

Cons

I've been using this product for 3+ years now so - hard to believe but at the moment there are no criticisms.

William from Claymont City Schools

Remote Desktop Manager - Most Helpful Software in Day-to-day

I truly recommend this software. It has changed the way that I do my job every day. It is free, so I think anyone who works in IT and has to manage a bunch of systems should give it a quick go.

Pros

I can genuinely say that RDM is my favorite program for my work as it simplifies everything ten-fold. No longer do I need to remember IP addresses and logins - RDM does it all for me. In addition to that, it allows me to complete all of my work within a single window. Now I don't need 4 Chrome tabs open, 3 RDC windows open, and a couple Putty sessions. In addition, the free version lets you do almost everything that the paid version does. The community surrounding this program is growing day-by-day, so support can also only get better.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this program is that there were a couple compatibility issues with the most recent update of Windows (1809). After a quick google search, however, I was able to fix my issues.

Remote Desktop Manager - A brilliant multi-tabbed remote desktop management app

Easy and quick access to all of my estate. It is easy to setup a remote desktop profile for every machine and a click gets me straight in whenever I want. Each one appears in a separate tab and they can remain open for as long as I need them to.

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager seems to do what is does best quite simply, and that is be a very useful way of viewing many remote desktops in a multi-tabbed environment. I am able to view the remote desktops of any PC or server whenever I want. But it doesn't stop there. It also allows other remote connections protocols to be used, such as VNC. I can group machines however I want. So I can have servers in one group, banks of PCs in another etc.

Cons

None worth noting. However it does sometimes crash out when a new version is available. But that could be my machine.

Philip from Episerver

Good utility for managing a large collections of servers and VMs

This software has encouraged our team to operate more efficiently and in a more organized fashion. We manage a worldwide network of customer and partners' machines, both virtual and real. It wouldn't be possible without a tool like this.

Pros

Once you have everything configured to your liking it is very easy to jump around to different machines, this is a life saver for any managed services organization. Connections to libraries simplify management, important commands like sending CTR-ALT-DELETE are here, managing a mix of virtual machines and steel boxes is possible and easy to do.

Cons

Out of the box you may need to arrange and configured everything to your liking. This can take some time however it is worth doing. If you start out organized, this software can make your like much easier.

It's a centralized solution to have what all what you need to use to work in one place

I'm using RDM with a centralized devolution server with my team and we are working correctly , safety and fast from years. We are not looking for data when needed because they are easy to find and use in seconds.

Pros

It's a very complete and powerful solution. Inside one product you could store and define all you needs to work with your servers and softwares ! You could configure and store things like : vpn, remote connections RDP, remote SSH session, FPT, username, files, etc. All you could imagine to work with multiple software and server available for your team and with payement option syncronized and subject to user rights .

Cons

Complicated... too many options available on every kind of pieces. This software it's not satisfying the KISS mantra at all.

Best Remote Desktop App I've used

Pros

I used to love an app (Mac) called CoRD. It beautifully laid out multiple connections in a tabbed layout minimizing the number of windows I had open. However, as the Mac OS evolved the app did not and stopped working with newer versions. I then came across Remote Desktop Manager and it does all of that and much much more. You can create workflows to connect to a VPN first, save specific credentials for different connections, and even setup remote connections for Telnet and SSH to network devices.

Cons

Honestly, the only part that's hard to swallow is the price. There is a free version, but it limits the connections you can create. I believe the paid versions is close to $200 for the Enterprise edition.

Quinn from Anagram

Better than Apple's own RDP

Pros

I manage about 40+ Mac desktops (iMac and Mac Pro) and several buildings. This remote desktop software is the best, better than Apple's own remote desktop software because I can take over the keyboard and mouse, while the user can actually watch what I am doing, see what's going on the screen :) And best of all: I supports drag and drop copy files. From my screen I just drop the file, for example an installation file onto the screen I'm RDP'ing to, and the file is on its way over there.

Cons

Nothing dislike about the functionalities. But I do dislike how they charge for how many licenses you buy. the more, the cheaper. How many desktop support guys do you really thing a company needs?

Thomas from Matthews International

Remote Desktop Manager is the only tool needed for connecting to any remote machine.

Overall, I find it the best, most comprehensive tool for any administrator for maintaining connections to remote machines. It's built in Password Vault and Generator make password management seemless and trivial even while maintaining best practices (including nonsense strings of arbitrary size, rotated regularly, and a different string for each server). And it even supports multifactor authentication mechanisms (though it is limited to only certain MFA Vendors, for now at least).

Pros

Multi-protocol support for connecting to any machine.

Cons

The complexity. Due to the sheer number of options and alternative ways of accomplishing the same/similar tasks, it can be difficult to determine the correct way to set up a connection. However, once setup properly, it never needs done again for that connection.

Ron from Schouw Informatisering B.V.

Industry: Food Production

Remote Desktop Manager is the best

When I started working for a new firm and found out that they create manual connections to our customers, I knew that this was very inefficient. So I started looking for a program to benefit me, my colleagues and the company. Quickly I found Remote Desktop Manager and started a trial run. I was quite impressed with what it could so, so I brought in some colleagues to start using it as well. Also they got very excited. In the meantime the trial period was over, but by contacting Devolutions I got my trial period extended several times without any hastle. Eventually I conviced our management to buy RDM and implemented RDM company wide. Since then more than 100 colleagues are using it and they found out the strength of RDM.

Pros

When I started testing RDM, I received trial keys for as long as I wanted. No limit in time. Setting up RDM is quite easy, using it even more.

Cons

absolutely nothing I don't like about RDM

Reasons for Choosing Remote Desktop Manager

It was simply the best product, so never even looked for something else.

Chad from OutMatch

Remote Desktop Manager is the most comprehensive remote session manager I've used

This software makes doing my job significantly easier. Rather than having SSH, SCP, RDP, etc. sessions strewn across different apps, I have everything integrated into a single interface, and all my passwords are saved (encrypted) for ease of connection.

Pros

As a SysAdmin, this is literally one of my most-frequently used applications. It's fantastic being able to save different remote session types into one interface and being able to keep them all consolidated. When I install updates in environments where we manually deploy, I can open 10+ connections at one time to save myself time. I couldn't recommend this application more!

Cons

Every once in a while, the software will lock up on me, causing me to lose my current sessions. But it's very rare.

Sean from Human Resources

It's the product to beat for system administrators looking to manage remote resources

Pros

Every now and then, a piece of software comes along that genuinely saves time and makes things easier. Remote Desktop Manager is absolutely one of these products. I've been using RDM for many years and it's my single go-to application for managing not just remote desktops, but SFTP connections, cloud resources, online applications, printers and more. It's very customisable. The product has many built in connection types, but you can also create your own with scripts and chain commands together.

Cons

There's very little I'd say I dislike. The program isn't the fastest to load, but I spend all day within its user interface so it's not something I experience often.

Nicholas from software

RDM organizes the lift of any Sysadmin or Network Admin

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager is by far the best tool out there to organize all of your remote sessions. RDP, Telnet, SSH, FTP, SCP, Web browsers etc... there is a way to fully integrate with just about every single protocol out there into a single interface. The free versions work great, but the paid versions work great for a team. Without RDM, I wouldn't even know where all my devices are located or how to connect to them.

Cons

Sometimes I wish RDM was easier to use. There are so many options it can sometimes be difficult to find what you want. Often you are presented with a dozen different ways to do something, but which is the best way? Hard to know.

Silvia from Venezolana de Industria Tecnolgica VIT

It is a secure tool for remote access of Networks and Servers including multiple protocols and VPN

Pros

It has built-in corporate password management tools, general-level access controls, one-click connections and multiple single-window access to reduce desktop clutter. Injection of credentials directly on remote servers. They can never compromise any information, since they never have access or knowledge of plain text credentials. It allows to control, delegate and filter the user's access to privileged accounts using a role-based security system. You can integrate FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SSH without any inconvenience with reduction of costs

Cons

Not being able to perform a scan of the Network Domain where all the equipment can be visualized and thus not have to incorporate one by one to the tool, but only the users and the keys. We can not see what equipment is in use or failing that ip are assigned, to see the Domain Forest.Being an easy, comfortable and practical application.You can know who did what with a password, where they did it and when

Charles from Sofutech

Remote Desktop Manager Review

This program saves us a lot of time and enables us to provide fast and quality support to our clients. Not having to locate the hostname of the servers and type our AD credentials every time is a huge time saver!

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager has all the features to make the life of a System Administrator like me much easier! Having all my RDP connections stored in one great place is fantastic. Price is very cheap for all the bells and whistles it has. Supports a wide variety of systems.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about this tool. It is the best in its category.

One of the best software i use.

It save me so much hassles when connecting to remote and local services.

Pros

The software supports so many connections types. It provides for cascading credentials so i can create connections and then move them around between folders when i migrate connections from different environment, saving me time and money when i do migrations. It can test connectivity and react accordingly when trying to connect saving hassle when using my laptop from remote locations.

Cons

I have not found any real cons on this software. Although you may find some minor bugs every once in a while they are usually fixes very quickly.

Marc-Olivier from Coveo

It allows our team to share RDP config and password and prevent us from duplicating those.

My team loses a lot less time duplicating RDP sessions My team loses a lot less time when changing their password (every 90 days) Folder organization and inheritance makes everything way more efficient

Pros

Organize your RDP sessions Enter your password once and apply it via inheritance on multiple RDP sessions (either shared or personal passwords) Share RDP sessions with colleagues (stop duplicating configuration)

Cons

UI is hard to customize So much features that are spreaded everywhere makes it difficult to leverage most of them A lot of UI elements seem out of place and are not really user friendly

The main tool to control servers access (RDP/SSH/VNC/Hyper-V/Web)

Sysadmins no longer using standalone tools to manage the environment. Security level increased, and a easier management.

Pros

RDP, SSH, VNC, Web and other protocols in a single tool; Credentials also managed (and imports or manage other tools too); Security groups for the entries; Automations per entries; Auto login; Record everything in files or Databases; Audit access;

Jenna from Computer Software

must have

Pros

This really is a must have piece of software, we are able to connect/disconnect quickly to different servers with ease. You can store the logon credentials if needed which really speeds things up. It's really easy to set up and configure, users of all ability have been able to set up this up with minimal support. My favourite feature is that you can share connections with other users, this makes our day to day life easier when we employ new staff.

Cons

Nothing, yet to find something we don't like.

Chris from All My Sons Moving and Storage

Love having all my remote connections in one software

Love this software and use it daily, also makes it easy for setting up our new users and to know they have access to all the servers they may need.

Pros

Having all my remote connections in one place and have it save all my information makes accessing our servers much easier. Also very very easy to back this up and send to other users so they can input their credentials and gain access to remote connections

Cons

Lock your station if you have this software saving your passwords otherwise they will be very easily accessed by anyone walking by your work station.

Great software for remoting into anything

Pros

This software simplifies remoting into anything! Servers, switches, desktops, you name it. This is our primary tool for remote controlling everything in our environment. We love the simplified interface and the organization it allows. We can do everything with the free version but we will be evaluating the paid version for AD integration.

Cons

Setting it up can be intimidating for first time users because of the numerous options. Free version does not allow a shared database, which is understandable.

Scott from Getronics

Remote desktop Swiss Army knife

It is a feature complete product and very well thought out. It has the ability to connect to so much stuff. The Development team is very active and they participate in their forums which is great.

Pros

This application has it all. It connects to anything you could want to remotely administer. from SSH to RDP to VNC to Vmware view it has it all. You can share connections between a team as well via a SQL database or other means. It works well for every occassion. Support is great and they strive to satisfy all of their customers. This is a really great application and it runs on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.

Cons

No Linux version but they say that they are considering it.

Tommy from Coveo

June 2016

very nice software, good team!

Been working with RDM for years, and it changed my day to day work. Can connect everything all together in the same UI! Very effective.

Pros

Database shared with the Team Permission per folders or per entries All kind of data, including password Mac and Windows can share the same DB Support almost any kind of remote session type and, more, more, and more

Cons

a little expansive no Cloud based/Browser based, need to install the software doesn't work well on mac no linux

Response from Devolutions

Replied June 2016

Thanks for your review Tommy!

Ferry from Ximedes Software BV

For me the number one tool to manage servers

Pros

- Easy to use - Build in ssh, rdsp web, database access, S3 browser, VPN, etc.. - Can be integrated with password tools like LastPass, KeyChain (and many others) - Can start scripts/programs before or after making connections - Can start a VPN before connecting to a server/ and stopping VPN after disconnecting - Group servers/connections in Folders - Store contact details

Cons

- Crashes sometimes - Some work is involved when switching from the Windows to the Mac version

Brian from Conduent

Manage your own sessions, a given. Manage EVERYONE's sessions, bingo.

Not only are my sessions managed and safe, so are my users sessions. I can keep track of what they're doing, my inventory, and myriad other things as well. There's so much power in this software... you end up creating uses for it.

Pros

Session management, credential management, app management via powershell, sql or online back end, tracking users, tracking equipment... the list just goes on and on.

Cons

Importing can sometimes be a little hard, but way easier than any other product. Using an IP Scanner that exports to csv can speed up the process greatly.

Remote desktop for small business

I use it to edit documents like invoices that are stored on my desktop or template that I need to access for a invoice to a customer requesting it because they are not the owner.

Pros

It is the best tool I can use for my business. It gives me access to my desktop from other devices so I add to an invoice open word documents and save them it has been so easy to set up also

Cons

If your tablet is does not have the same software on it then you will have a problem opening and editing documents like excel and word not wordpad

Great tool. Lots of advanced features.

Pros

A great multi-tool. Connects to all manner of remote devices. I love the multi-user functionality. Gives us one place to store device information and login credentials (even per user credentials). Very active updating/extending.

Cons

I haven't had the easiest time learning some of the features. This tool is *great* if you already know a lot about protocols, authentication, private keys, etc. But don't come here expecting it to tell you/help you learn how to set these things up.

Jason from Bay National Title Company

RDM is the tool every IT team needs.

The ability to manage hundreds of remote resources from one console.

Pros

RDM allows easy access to all your remote resources. It has a full library of connection tools so you can connect and manage your resources. The ability to share your connection info with others, and their cloud storage tools are very useful as well. The software is updated often, so you always have the latest connection tools.

Cons

RDM works and is decently priced. There aren't really any cons to this.

Pros

I like that it makes it easier for me to work remotely because I am able to log into my office computer from home instead of lugging a laptop back in forth (for the days I have to work in-office) or having my password information stored on two different PCs (which is very risky).

Cons

The complexity needed for the password is a little outrageous, but I understand why it has to be. Protection from hackers and data breaches. Other than that its great.

The gold standard for remote desktop software

Pros

It is rock solid, and connects up each time. I have never had any issues with using it. I can copy and paste from the remote to my local desktop with ease. It does not have many fancy features, but that is a pro as it does exactly what you need it to do without a lot of other features cluttering up the UI

Cons

My only gripe is that you have to move the window to go to the corner of the screens. Radmin moves the screen with you as you move the mouse out of cursor range, but RDM forces you to use the windows scroll bars for some reason. it may just be a setting, but it was something I noticed.

Michael from Securiguard

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great software When working remotely

Its a great software that makes working remotely convenient

Pros

It provides an avenue for me to work from home and still have access to my work files and even some of my systems and databases without compromising the company information.

Cons

The software requires a large amount of space. So if I have a laptop with limited memory and I prefer to work remotely, I would have to either upgrade or delete some of my files in order to accommodate the required space.

Remote Desktop Manager is a easy to use platform

Pros

I love that its easy to access by searching "remote" in the windows search bar. it launches flawlessly and will redirect local printers for use on the remote side. We have many users that use remote solely at their work stations and its very easy for unexperienced users to nagivate and figure out. I love that you can add multiple remote shortcuts on each computer so that many people can log on to their on RDP

Cons

i guess one of the things that makes it a little more challenging for new users is when it holds the prior users name in the log in box but other than that is great.

How are you not already using this tool!

Pros

I spread the RDM cheer everywhere I go. This tool is great for IT deparments. Database-backed session login info for everything, cisco, linux, windows, etc.

Cons

Okay, okay... I'll find something lemme think. There was a bug for a while that would open up the connection under your pointer about .5 seconds after you double-clicked. Frequently ended up in the wrong box, dazed and confused, till i figured it out.

Krupa from Xerox

Just Awesome and Convenient

Most of the time i have to connect to my company's server which i can connect from anywhere just with the laptop and internet connection.

Pros

This software is just awesome and very convenient to work from where ever you are. Most of the times I work from home which requires me to use this software. The connection is very stable and can work without any interruption.

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer time to connect to the server.

Michael from Neurospine LLC

Free remote management tool to manage all of your workstations via RDP

Pros

Easy to create a library of all of your computers. You can save admin credentials so it's easy to just double click on the computer and log in without having to type in your credentials each time.

Cons

Logs in to each computer via RDP so only one user can see the session at a time. This is best used on-site as this can be a security issue using this software to log in from outside of your agency.