AxisCare Reviews

4.65 / 5 (650) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 28 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love everything about this software. I like that it is very friendly and easy to use."

• "It very easy to use and it really works for you."

• "I love that it has the majority of features I was looking for. It is very easy to use and the service of the staff is amazing!"

• Cons

• "Sometimes it takes a bit for customer service to reach back out, but they always complete a job well done once they do. "

• "Setting up online applications were a little tricky if your not computer savvy but customer service is is super helpful"

• "Would be good to restrict who can make employee's inactive. However, no real complaints."

Browse AxisCare Reviews

No Surprises

Can't say enough good things. Absolutely love this software over all the competitors we've had in the past. Hands down the best out there for the price.

Pros

It may not be the "prettiest" but it is very user friendly and most importantly IT WORKS. Our company has been through 3 other software platforms over the last 8 years. All previous companies over promised and under performed. Do not be distracted by fancy software features. Those fancy features do not do you any good if the core software doesn't work. AxisCare works! No data loss, no saving issues, rarely down for maintenance and easy to navigate.

Cons

I really can't answer this question because AxisCare is always rolling out new functions and features and they listen to what their clients want. There have been multiple features our office has needed that were added within a few months. That's unheard of in this industry!

Katrina from Family Resource Home Care

AxisCare: A company that exceeds the common standards of customer service

Integration was seamless. My branch was the pilot branch for Family Resource Home Care. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the trip here personally (Moscow, Idaho- Spokane, WA) to assist with our go live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are professional, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I would highly recommend AxisCare not only for it's features, but also because the team behind Axis Care is exceptional.

Pros

AxisCare offers a user friendly interface and at the same time enables users to do a deeper dive with a range of comprehensive reports.

Cons

As we find features we may want to add or that could be useful, AxisCare works with us on adding enhancements. The cons are only that it takes time to get several features up and running.

the cutomer support and billing is terrible

We feel for the price this could be a great product but the way the service is being handled has our company very concerned and we actually are looking for other products to replace this company.

Pros

The prodcut itself is not bad for the money but the service is terrible

Cons

The prodcut itself is not bad but they way the tickets are not handled, there is no trail t follow up. the forms dont work properly and they change our setting and funtions with out telling us causing issues for us and causing us to lose money. When we call and ask for a supervisor they will do everything to keep you from letting anyone know. I also have concerns about the billing and how its handled. They bill when they want to, no set dates and rep. is always off with sick kids and then has the nerve to put warnings that we have not paid and not take off after we pay and refuse to help our staff because we had a past balance and had payments scheduled and prmised to pay as soon as the benk allowed. Really concered about the direction that this company is going with the poor service and lack of polocies except making rules up as they go. Also the customer service reps are very rude and really dont want to hear what we say but just get us off the phone as soon as possible.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

The price, and maybe thats why the costomer service is so terrible.

Response from AxisCare Software

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're normally known in the industry for our exceptional customer service, and we regret that we have not met your expectations. We always endeavor to answer calls and emails as they come in, and if we miss a call during normal business hours due to a high volume of calls, we try to return any voicemails left as quickly as possible. Our Tech Help Desk personnel are trained to escalate any calls which request a supervisor to our Customer Support Director or escalate it further, as needed. If you have any issues with the tone of a call or email interaction you have had, please let us know immediately and we will be happy to look into it, address it, and resolve the issue thoroughly and quickly. We are sorry to hear you have had a difficult experience with our billing policies. If you'd like to discuss this further, please call 800-528-6201 and ask for me, Micah Key, Director of Client Experience.

Jared from Family Resource Home Care

Great Product. Continuously being improved more and faster than any POC software in our space

They have been a great partner and really are striving to make real world problems easier to deal with and they support our continuous effort to create systems that remove manual labor work or manual constant touches. This reduces the number of errors possible, streamlines processes for greater consistency across our multiple branches and reduces busy work for our staff so they can focus more on their primary job functions.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to train to. It is constantly being improved via actual listening to customer feedback. Previous softwares used often gave updates or "enhancements" that were worthless and we often wondered who in the world did they make that update for....

Cons

Some of the website gooey is not as slick and sexy as others I have seen or been demoed. They are redoing several screens to update the look and functionality in phases. The ones they have updated look good.

william from visiting angels monroe & toledo

It's All About Relationships

It's all about relationships: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] etc etc....Thier team. This makes them a great part of our team and builds a long-term relationship, its not just a business agreement. It is very personal working with the team in TX, our needs are always addressed in an extremely quick manner and our concerns are addressed likewise. I had one office (started with Axiscare) i purchased another office (Generations) ... i compared the two for 8 months, i finally had to make the right decision which was to switch to Axiscare in both offices.... have NEVER regretted that decision. They have been partners in my success from the beginning, and will continue to be so.. Wil

Pros

The Axis care team, is great, and although the presentation and system may not be as "flashy" as other software's, it is by far the best i have used. Also, on top of that the team is always there to both help and be-friend us. Not just for business, but also for personal enhancement and friendship.

Cons

What things i did not like, i brought up as concerns, and they have always resolved the issues, or placed a change order in to resolve the software change desired.... no cons at this time.

same as previous comments

Ryan from Caregivers Northwest

Responsive, deep infrastructure. Unfortunate name.

One of the best things about Axiscare is that they have really responsive and helpful support staff. We have been in need of frequent help, and they have provided that in spades.

Pros

Axis was very easy to implement across our home health care business. We were updating from paper time cards, so the biggest challenge was bringing our caregivers into a new technological reality. It only took a bit of training and a couple of weeks to pull it off. It helps that the admin staff was trained very thoroughly by the Axis staff. The interface is very easy to use and it keeps all of our notes and documents at our fingertips. Moreover, the interface seems to have been created by people that have done scheduling before, unlike some other software we looked at. It makes a huge difference for your staff as the thing they are in constant contact with feels right to them. I am very happy with Axis and am confident we made the right choice with them.

Cons

The Axiscare app is my biggest complaint about the software. If I or the admin staff is using the website to alter things or update visits, it is flawless and responsive. When I get on my phone app it has problems from time to time. The biggest problem is that it sometimes crashes and makes me sign in again. This is not a major problem because I can just do that. It does lead to calls from frustrated caregivers that don't know why this is happening. It is a small complaint, and Axis may fix this by the time you are reading it, but it's really my only complaint about this software.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

As stated above, the support provided and the interface were our decision points. I am confident we made the right choice, highly recommended.

Jeff from Family Resource Home Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The best partner in Home Care Software on the market

I highly recommend AxisCare and anyone considering this software can feel free to reach out to me to ask questions at anytime!

Pros

I have truly loved the team behind the software and the responsiveness they have in supporting the industry. I have witnessed how they have moved their software to meet the needs of home care operators instead of trying to move operators to meet the software. They have done this while keeping the software easy to use, simple to get new users up and running, and just enough customization to make it our own. I have and will continue to recommend AxisCare to all of my friends in the industry. They are truly a partner for the success of my agency!

Cons

When we first started, not all of the features that we had hoped for were ready to go, they have been working diligently on getting these ready and we have been able to influence its development.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

We vetted 22 different companies and AxisCare had the sweet spot of custom ability combined with ease of use.

Hannah from 2nd Family

Very good software system so fast paced work environment

AxisCare has been great. We switched from another software in Dec 2019 and so far I do not have any complaints. This has been a drastic improvement from our previous software.

Pros

AxisCare is so easy to use and my click time has decreased dramatically since switching to this software system. I love they have a caregiver app and how user friendly scheduling is. It makes my life as a scheduling manager much easier!

Cons

I do wish there was a way for caregivers to confirm the shifts on their schedule so you know they are checking their schedules and there are no conflicts.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

Layout, features, ease of use

TIM from AGAPE IN HOME CARE

If you want great software with great customer service, choose AxisCare

It's been great. I have a team who I trained on it but now entrust the AxisCare support team to answer all their questions.

Pros

This is difficult to say because the software does so much. I moved from a competitor of theirs and I'd say the mobile app ease of use for Caregivers was the top reason.

Cons

We have different billing scenario needs but the support team ended up solving the problem with a custom solution. They will be working hard on the CRM module which needs work but is not why most people use AxisCare.

Price and flexibility.

Mary from Moravia Health

User Friendly and Tons of Features

Love this software, would recommend to anyways that needs to transition from telephony.

Pros

AxisCare is extremely user friendly, most of caregivers have no problems transitioning from paper timesheets to EVV and telephony.

Cons

Certain items on the software has a long loading time.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

AxisCare features matched what our company needed

Lelynn from Visiting Angels of Downriver

Newer Client to AxisCare

It has been a lot to learn and I know we only have really comprehended a small portion of what we really need to properly utilize. But, I know there are people there to help even if they don't understand fully at the time.

Pros

The accessibility of the web based application. Being able to easily access it from any computer or phone is hugely beneficial. The App does fairly well with not crashing and not having many issues with clocking in and out. Seems more user friendly and less "need a degree to navigate" than past services we've used.

Cons

There isn't any auto verifying if the shift is clocked in/out close to the scheduled time. That's quite a pain. If they clock in within 5 min of the shift, we shouldn't be bothered to have to manually verify each and every shift. Training for actual use was not as detailed as it should be. More training video tutorials would be beneficial. Especially when fine tuning things (i.e. trying to understand the use of the Marketing section) Navigating reports proves to be difficult. Trying to gather forecasting information on schedules/billing/payroll has been confusing. I called in to gain clarification and was told I wasn't able to forecast out anything that wasn't verified shifts. But due to the pandemic, I need to do so to ensure our billable/payroll/bills all align. Getting a hold of the initial persons that set us up was difficult. Of the three or four we went through, only one person was always available. It doesn't link our leads to our home office website fully - in that we can't mark off a "contacted" line item in AxC and it check it off on our home office site. Right now it appears to only pull information from the site to AxC but will not submit info back to the site from AxC.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

Another office allowed us to view AxC in their office to see if it would be a good fit.

Cathy from Assisting Hands Richmond

AxisCare - One of the Best

We use AxisCare exclusively for both our Caregiver and Client experiences and documentation. Other than a few hiccups when we initially set our system up, AxisCare has been there the whole journey with us. When we have questions or need clarification with a specific feature, the Customer Support Team has been easy to work with.

Pros

We have been using AxisCare since we opened our office in 2019. It is very user friendly for my internal staff and my caregivers. We developed a very robust Operations Report used to track our growth and AxisCare reporting makes gathering the information quick and accurate. When the caregivers use the tool correctly, it makes our payroll and billing processes easy and efficient. Our office uses the "Chat" function daily to communicate with our caregivers and the Team Conversation feature allows our caregivers to communicate with each other and enhances the Caregiver Experience. Our clients are exceptionally happy with the Family Portal as it allows the families to stay abreast and active in their loved ones care

Cons

The one negative that seems to consistent across the board, is older caregivers do have a longer learning curve with getting acclimated to AxisCare, especially if they experience general difficulties with Smart Phone technology.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

When we started our search for a heathcare HRIS, the AxisCare staff was very responsive to our inquiries and they respected the fact we were shopping. There was no pressure to buy. After previewing other healthcare softwares, we found that AxisCare was the most efficient product for our needs AND it is user friendly for all of us that use it.

Elizabeth from Visiting Angels

I have used many systems and AxisCare is my favorite

AxisCare was a breath of fresh air when I moved over to Visiting Angels a years ago! It is the smoothest scheduling software I have used and I would suggest it to my former employers any day!

Pros

I like the ease of access. The layout is great for making effective notes that are specific to each client or caregiver. I like that you can tag caregivers in a note from clients pages to put it on their profile as well. I also like how the call log has a feature to send messages to other administrators on the system to their phone. This tool has been wonderful through COVID and having ot work form home. The abliltiy to log on from anywhere instead of just on a program on a work computer has been wonderful!

Cons

I HATE THAT YOU HAVE TO SAVE ON EVERY PAGE! With as much as the phones ring here and as much as we have to switch from profile to profile, it would be wonderful if there was an autosave feature!!

Matthew from Visiting Angels

Fantastic Home Care Software! Scheduling Genius!!!

AxisCare was easy for our agency to get started with and has been the best, safe, secure, and customizable solution we have seen. It has allowed our management, caregivers and our client families to all stay on the same page. AxisCare software helps add a modern professional edge to our Home Care agency.

Pros

The scheduling features and functions are outstanding. For such an incredibly powerful software soulution, AxisCare is extremely intuitive and user friendly. We can have new scheduling managers up to speed in a short amount of time. The dashboard overviews allows management to track just about every detail you could possibly imagine or want. The app, which is both Apple & Android compatible, is wonderful. It allows caregivers to clock in and out using a single tap. As an agency we can be confident that our caregivers are on site and ready to perform their duties (clients homes are geofenced, so they can only clock in at the house). The app works on both new and really old phones - a huge plus! The app also shows all the ADL’s which are tapped to indicate completion and the caregivers add their care notes directly into the app, which can then be verified online. We have so many caregivers comment how easy this system is compared to other agencies they have worked with.

Cons

Since we have been using AxisCare, there are continued improvements that have been added. Most I wouldn’t have thought of, but really appreciate them once they are released. By keeping on top of things and making upgrades, there are no cons we can report.

May 2015

James from Visiting Angels Chattanooga

May 2015

This IT Consultant Turned Home-care Provider Loves AxisCare

Pros

I like that AxisCare was built from the ground up to satisfy the needs of a Private Duty company. Instead of being something that tries to please all the people all the time, they have come up with a beyond robust platform that meets every need that I have in Home Care. From clients to caregivers, leads and referrals, messaging and telephony, it's all there and then some. The marketing portion of this program is the single most important factor in the growth of my business. AxisCare works seamlessly with Quickbooks Pro or Quickbooks Online Edition. I've used both and AxisCare saves me so much time. I am constantly finding new and innovative ways to use AxisCare and their support and development teams are the best. Problems are solved immediately and suggestions are implemented in the newest updates.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about AxisCare or the company. I just wish more people knew about them and what an amazingly useful program it is for the management of my home care business.

Kimberly from Happy Hearts Home Care LLC

Best Scheduling Software Around

This is the best scheduling software around. The features are execellent and Customer Support is awesome. Whenever an issue may come up, we have contacted Customer support and they are immediately there to help. If support isn't sure how to handle the issue they will research it and get back with us. They have always gotten back to us in a timely manner and resolve the issue when they do. The software is easy to work with. Once we got used to using all the features we were able to set up schedules, assessments, plan of care, billing and payroll. It is an all in one software which is compatible with Quickbooks. The billing software is also compatible with third payer software once everything is set up.

Pros

Compatibility with other software programs we use. Ability to take a prospective client or employee and convert into a actual client/employee. Alerts for scheduling errors, unscheduled shifts, client/employee birthdays, alerts for employee's requirements (Valid DL, Auto Ins, First Aid, Professional License), and alerts when an employee doesn't clock in for a shift.

Cons

Learning to use the software in the beginning but with the assistance with Customer support we were able to become masters of it. Now when we have to call customer support it is usually because of an error we have made ourself, which they can fix that also on their end. Or just a call to tell them we miss talking with them :)

LAWRENCE from Silver Care LLC

Easy to use system

Overall, I think this is a good system, especially for new beginners.

Pros

The software has an easy and friendly feel. The systems allow my staff to be trained quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Not able to make changes to for access for roles. There needs to be accessible for the consumer to give access.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I needed a system that allows me to bill for Medicaid

Page from Visiting Angels of Tulsa/Bartlesville/SWOKC

AxisCare is BY FAR the very BEST VALUE, it is the MOST VERSATILE, and BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE SOFTWARE

I could not be happier! I love this software, and my team members in all three offices do as well. New team members have been able to learn this system incredibly fast. I can't imagine us ever using anything else!

Pros

I love that it meets our needs in every way. It is easy to use. It is cloud based so it's function both inside and outside of the office. It's versatile and easy to customize. It's a great value. The customer service is off the charts incredible. I can't say enough good about it!

Cons

I want more reports... that's about it. They are continually surprising us as they adapt and grow, making it better and better all the time!

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

The reviews on customer service... The rate structure... The flexibility of the system...

Eileen from Visiting Angels of Westerville

Long Term User-Very Satisfied

Overall they are great about adding new features, quick to respond to issues- although we are in different time zone so i have found that sometimes they are responding after we have closed for the day.

Pros

It is an intuitive product - easy to teach and use. Love the Call log feature as I can check on what's going on in the office when I am not there.

Cons

Creating new forms is not as user friendly. Would like the ability to add or subtract from existing forms they create and have the ability to have a feature which enables us to send forms remotely like a DocuSign product

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

Pricing and salesperson was not as pushy as Clear Care reps

Patricia from Future Home Health Care

A click here aand click there!

I have had a fantastic experience with Axis Care my company now runs about 10 different sites from Axis Care. Everyone from the sales team to support have always been great! I have had a few issues with people responding in a timely fashion but for the most part it has been a great experience.

Pros

It streamlines the scheduling process. All I need to know and see is at the tip of my fingers. A click here a click there and bam its all there for me viewing comfort. No searching in multiple software for the information I need. It was easy to teach and train new office staff coming in how to use and the HELP videos are phenomonal.

Cons

All the changes. Don't get me wrong I love the changes once I learn to work with them, but I think there could be better warning of changes.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I liked the friendliness of the sales staff they were not pushy and they gave me a great demo.

Betsy from Visiting Angels

I used to have complaints over Axiscare but it has been developing and becoming more user friendly.

I do wish that we could have some kind of way to maybe press and hold shift or control then individually click each visit (or press and hold the left mouse button and then drag over visits) to adjust those times... kind of like in scheduling but you're doing it on the calendar itself. This would be really helpful for when you get an increase in hours for one month, it's that easy. Also since hours vary, maybe there is a drop down menu that says "add one hour before, add one hour after, add 30 min before, add 30 min after" and while everything is highlighted, you just push that button and it will adjust all highlighted visits. Also maybe underneath the caregiver and client calendar, a spot where we can write call logs... we just highlight whatever visit we are referring to and it will automatically populate the caregiver and client's name in the log. Also in call logs, it would be awesome if we could save a document in there such as an important recorded phone call so we can refer to that more easily.

Pros

I really like how you can copy and paste visits where you used to have to make them individually. Yalls improvements have been great.

Cons

Axiscare has been running slow a lot lately. I know that that is sometimes out of any one person's control. I don't really have any cons.

Brigette from Family Resource Home Care

Why I Love Axis Care

When our company first launched the program it was such a smooth transition and the support Axis Care offered was exceptional. Now that we have been using it for over a year it has become a software I have come to love as it is easy and saves a lot of time.

Pros

This software is very easy to utilize and makes it easy to train new staff how to use it. I love how easy it is to view the schedule in the Real Time View and how easy it is to Verify Visits using the Schedule Verify feature. This has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Cons

If I had to pick something I did not like it would probably be that at times I would like to see the total scheduled hours for each employee within the Real Time View feature rather than having to open up another screen with the employee calendar.

Teresa from Texas Home Care Partners of Houston

Axis has made scheduling a more efficient process, and saved time.

Overall, AXIS is a great scheduling system, that has DEFINITELY added ease and efficiency to the job of the scheduler. And I should know, since I am the scheduler!!!

Pros

The alerts that enable you to know when you have double booked a caregiver with more than one client. Also, the layout of the website gives the user easy access to client/caregiver schedules, profiles, and reports that aide in running a home health company.

Cons

There are days when the system does not work correctly or drags slowly. Also, there are a few glitches/kinks that need to be worked out. Examples include, but are not limited to, a caregiver who works with 2 clients clocks in for her morning shift at 8:30am, and the system clocks her in at 8:30am for her evening shift that starts at 4:30pm. Also, when verifying, once verified and a caregiver manually clocked out, caregiver can clock out later and the system recognizes the telephony change/stays verified-It should unverified automatically if this happens. This may cause discrepancies in payroll/invoicing, if not seen by office administration.

Chris from Freedom Home Care, LLC

AxisCare Provides a Competitive Advantage

Pros

After using a competitor's software for our first year in business, I was looking for a better solution to handle the complex scheduling issues we face on a daily basis. AxisCare was up to the task. Not only did we find a better solution for handling the scheduling, but the consistent enhancements to the overall software package displays the dedication this Company has towards staying ahead of the competition. The roll-out of the AxisCare Mobile App has been a huge win for our caregivers, which translates to a huge win in the office. There are less missed clock-ins and the completion of ADL's is much more consistent. The support staff is fantastic. We have experienced a very quick response time anytime there are questions or issues and the staff always treat you in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

An area that I wanted some more consistency and flexibility with is the customized forms section. When I brought that up to the support staff, they mentioned that the developers were already working on a complete overhaul of that area. One of the main developers actually reached out to me and spent a significant amount of time trying to understand our business and identifying what features would benefit us the most. I'm extremely confident that this roll-out will be as successful as the Mobile App was.

Monika from We Are Family Home Care

Great System!

I know the owner of We Are Family Home Care spent a lot of time researching programs for our company. He felt this would be the best and streamline everything and I have to agree. My caregivers also agree! Some work for several agencies and truly are thankful to eliminate paperwork and have the app or computer access instead.

Pros

Axiscare is very easy to use and to understand, even for those with limited computer skills. Your customer representatives are so kind and helpful and will talk through any problems I may be experiencing. Everything transfers over from lead, to client with ease. The app is outstanding for caregiver use and helps us make sure all notes and ADL's are in on time. The group messaging is unique and a definite perk. I also love the time stamp on everything, it really helps deter any fraudulent activity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the calendar was changed and I feel in some ways it is more difficult to maneuver. However, I do understand that since I use a laptop, this may be the reason.

Feather from Elder Independence Home Care

Elder Independence Home Care (Feather) User/Administrator Review of AxisCare

We are working on lowering our overtime per caregiver and we have utilized a feature in AxisCare to assist us with this.

Pros

The scheduling portion of the software is easy to utilize and schedule / change shifts.

Cons

There are no features to track or record follow up visits, or "deadlines" for clients. The certification feature under caregivers tracks drivers license expiration, etc. It would be useful to have a feature like this under clients as well.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

Unsure, I was not involved in the decision

Prince from Roxy Family Care Services Inc.

Service Coordinator and Scheduler

The software has really help with our effectiveness and organization of supports.

Pros

The automated accounting piece for billing and payroll. Potential employees applying directly on line, the messaging to interact with staff. Clock in and out system is really good. Kilometers and expense input is really good as well.

Cons

Administrators should get some sort of notification when shift has been picked or accepted by some one.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

It suits our industry best.

Carly from Heavenly Caregivers Inc DBA Heavenly Care Home Health

Good product, reliable

So far it has been good, we are still in out first year but it is leaps and bounds better that the software we were using previously.

Pros

We like the easy of use, caregiver app and the customization options that are available.

Cons

Lacking certain reports that we need for tracking

Reliability

Pramila from Allay Home Care

Great software with ease to use

We have been using axiscare since starting of 2019. Since EVV was new in Virginia, Asixcare did its best to incorporate any changes that was made by the state. The customer care personnel was great, they were great in providing training and fixing any issues we have.

Pros

- Ease to use - App is simple to use for all level of caregivers - Training demos in app - Good customer service - Good updates including covid-19 questionnaire

Cons

The only feature that would help us more is having two location for clocking in and out.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

We like its function. We liked how we can make own forms and also add document, authorization and all.

Jun from Premium Home Health Care

Excellent software

Over-all I am very happy and satisfied. I've tried several software in the past and so far AxisCare meets all the basics and important functionality of our home care needs. The management is also very professional, accommodating and very supportive. The support staff is excellent!

Pros

Ease of use, customization, extremely useful functionality and par excellence customer service!

Cons

The optics. The organizations of fields its taking too much space on my screen and you need to scroll down and up a lot. For example, too many empty or vacant spaces in between fields. I wish all important details of a client or caregiver are readily available in one single location without too much mouse movements of the mouse and friendly to the eyes instead of scrolling down in looking for a simple data like phone number or email address.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I like AxisCare better in terms of functionality, intuitiveness and pricing.

Kaci from Disability Network of Mid-Michigan

Great Software

Pros

The customer service was phenomenal. The ease of the software and exporting to QuickBooks for payroll is so easy and quick.

Cons

Getting the consumer & employee profiles set up to match QuickBooks. This part took the most time but once we figured out the pattern it went smooth. Again, I couldn't have done it without the help of the support staff at Axis. They were amazing and very patient.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

They provided the most information in a timely manner and demonstrated their product the best.

Mark from Home Instead Senior Care

Industry: Public Safety

It's been pretty good. Better than other software programs but still room for improvement

Pros

Our customer rep., although she has other responsibilities, is very knowledgeable when we have an issue. Staff is usually very friendly. Software is fairly easy to use. The 3rd party billing has made billing the VA much easier and has sped up the payment time by the VA significantly. The integration with Applicant Stack makes putting in new employees a lot easier.

Cons

After customer rep. left, the technical support took a little bit of a hit. While they are friendly, most of the time they have to seek out other help to answer a question. Would be nice to have some better reporting. The one report we requested had done took quite a while to get done and was 75% of what we asked. While I can appreciate tech support calling back (typically the same day), most of our issues are real time issues and would be nice if we could get someone on the phone right then and there.

Andrea from Visiting Angels of Wenatchee

As a daily user, I am very happy with AxisCare.

It's a useful tool for managing schedules, client and caregiver information.

Pros

The "recommend" feature when assigning cases is very helpful. The daily live schedule is a handy tool for an overview of what is happening right now. The client and caregiver profiles are extremely useful. It would be handy if the user could move around the boxes of information on those pages to allow for the user to decide what takes viewing priority.

Cons

Some features are a bit clunky such as verifying care notes. It's repetitive going back to the original report when the "next" button isn't working. Some of the reports are giving differing information although they call the field of information the same from report to report... such as "billable hours". Online training is outdated and unprofessional. Recording a live training and distributing it as onboarding training is a sad example of "training". Five full minutes of dead air waiting for callers to join the call should have been deleted from the file at least before uploading it.

Mae from Premium Home Health Care

AXISCARE CARES!

My overall experience is positive. No complaints so far.

Pros

One of the things I love about this software is how user-friendly it is. It's very straightforward and easy to maneuver. It also comes with a lot of cool features and training videos which we all love and their customer service is a big PLUS!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything because I think AxisCare is perfect the way it is!

Jennifer from Visiting Angels

Improvement Needed

Pros

I like that it's web-based and relatively user friendly for basic functions. I like that you can manage most everything using just 1 system.

Cons

Many of the add on products do not integrate well. It is difficult to reach someone on the phone for customer service assistance. Follow Up is poor, most of the time even when submitting a ticket I have to chase down the person to follow up with reported issues. I currently have a ticket open from a week ago and still have not heard back from Axiscare. There are almost too many functions and ways to do things, I feel like I still need a lot of training to fully utilize the products features. The trainings (webinars) are on Central Time and very early in the morning for the Pacific Coast, it would be nice if there were later options for the West Coast that didn't require an 8am Webinar start time.

Scott from Visiting Angels, Irving, TX

Industry: Public Safety

I've used AxisCare for my agency for over 6 years, and hightly recommend it!

I recommend calling these guys and taking a demo. This is a seasoned, well designed system that does everything it claims.

Pros

AxisCare does everything I need it to do, and more. It has more features than I even use! The development team is constantly improving the product. The support is excellent and very quick to respond and resolve any issues, which frankly, are few and far between. AxisCare integrates with Quickbooks smoothly. I love how I can staff from my car on my mobile device as easily as I can from my desktop at the office. In my over six years of use, the system has only been down once, for an hour or two. That's it! The reliability of this product is outstanding.

Cons

No real cons. The only thing I'd say is, like any system, AxisCare has a learning curve. The support team does a fantastic job minimizing the time it takes by providing one-on-one training whenever we need it, as well as online tutorials. There are help icons all over the site to provide quick tips and insights on the various features and functions. The coolest thing to me is, years ago, I had suggested those help icons to the development team, and they implemented it! I love how they take user's ideas to keep making AxisCare better and better.

Barbara from Life At Home Senior Care, LLC

Using Axis Care

Overall I like the program. It does have glitches but once you call customer service they are able to fix it.

Pros

It can be user friendly, but the administrator side to setup things is a little harder to use.

Cons

That the system has been having a lot of glitches lately.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I like that I was able to do GPS tracking and the price was good.

Sarah from Visiting Angels

Everything in ONE place!

I'm not sure if it is iPad specific, but I find that inputting notes (marketing plan...call log....) while in the field is so slow that I simply don't do it anymore. I still LOVE having access to all the information in the field and wouldn't do away with my iPad for that reason--because the size of the information is so much more readable in size and ability to "click" on what I need.

Pros

The title says it all...everything is in one place and you can easily see how everything relates. Clients to caregivers. Caregivers to schedules and availability. Marketing efforts to referrals and reciprocating referrals to community partners. Quality of leads...I'd have to write a whole journal to express how there really is a relative AXIS to everything in AxisCare!

Cons

Screen font is small, especially on mobile devices/tablets. There are things I hope get added/improved, like: Ability to add more than one referral source... Drop-down lists of a contacts' classifications in alpha order (not just the order that they were put into AxisCare)... Some more auto-population features... (I know, I really should send the ideas when they are fresh on my mind, because, for example, I can't think of the specific times/things I've wished there was some auto-population.)

Sheila from Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels scheduling software

Overall, I'm satisfied, just wish I could get to the bottom of the app issues.

Pros

It is very easy to use for scheduling. I also like the way it handles invoicing and the sync to QuickBooks for billing.

Cons

The app seems to be unreliable. A lot of staff complain that they can't clock in or out. Sometimes it's weather issues, sometimes I can't tell what it is.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I liked the customer service through my decision making process. Never high pressure, but always accessible.

Samantha from Expo Signature Home Care

This System Will Transform Your Business

Overall, AxisCare has been a major value add for our business. We used to maintain paper records, and AxisCare allowed us to replace most of that system. We had reviewed five different CRM options before we decided to go with AxisCare and we have no regrets.

Pros

AxisCare is easy to use, provides great organization and well worth the price. The solutions has a professional appearance, and the layout is very intuitive to navigate. The system combines all aspects of the healthcare business, from marketing and tracking leads to managing client and caregiver information. AxisCare consistently makes updates to the system, making it even better with each release.

Cons

No particular issues with the product. Customer Service is pretty good, however, I have experienced times when follow up could have been more timely.

Amy from Visiting Angels

It's All There

It's been good overall. Axis has a great app for my employees, it's features make state compliance easy for us.

Pros

I like that Axis integrates with all our other platforms and services; I don't have to look in multiple locations for information, it's all in there.

Cons

If we aren't happy with a certain "improvement", we are unable to go back to "the way it was"

Michael from Visiting Angels of Lynchburg

Axiscare is a solid scheduling software, but a bit one sided.

Pros

The ability for caregivers to request shifts. It lets me know who wants to work new shifts before I have to call anyone. The notifications for upcoming schedules is great, no excuse for a caregiver not to know their schedule. The customer support is amazing - Quick response to even the simplest problem. The badge printing they offered also was nice and made our badges look very professional

Cons

There is no two way communication through the software, we have no way of even knowing if they have received the messages - We had 1 caregiver who never received her schedule - if she hadn't had a consistent schedule we could have had missed shifts We have caregivers who request EVERY shift - so it becomes less useful The mobile app is very one sided - a lot of our caregivers either complained or just quit using it - our calls into the office increased as they grew frustrated.

Boris from Accela Staff Inc.

Better than others

Overall experience is good, except for some hiccups with support

Pros

Easy to implement. Provides some features that competitors don't, but if they do then costs a fortune.

Cons

Upgrades and updates sometimes interfere with the current process. Early notification and scope of changes during the release will be helpful. Support should be more responsive given the nature of companies that operate 24/7

list of functionalities

Jaime from Visiting Angels

Great program, always open to feedback and making improvements. Great team to work with!

It would be great if the "vacation/time off" block periods on a caregivers calendar provided a hover memo for the reason they are blocked during that temporary period. Also, for shifts that overlap into the next day (live in shifts and overnights), that those blocks showed that on the calendar as well, as a visual reference.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. I find the ADL's tab very useful when staffing a caregiver with a client.

Cons

I would like the snapshot of caregivers to pop up again that provides immediate information for contact and their classes. Adding a messaging option to that snapshot would be very useful. I wish a note or memo could only be removed or edited by the user who entered the information to avoid other users from possibly making adjustments or deleting the information.

Mariaesther from Seniors Care Services

The best home care management software

I has been really great, we looked at different options and AxisCare was the best without a doubt. Unmatchable Cost-Quality.

Pros

It is a very easy to use software, with complete features, and inexpensive for the quality we get.

Cons

I don't have anything yet. Maybe create an administrator view app to track reports

Cost and features

Christian from Seniors Helping Seniors® (UK) Limited

Versatility and flexibility

From the first week of operating within Axiscare it was clear that it had the simplicity and all the flexibility to accommodate future use. Any software that accommodate growth and flexibility is going far beyond competition. The support team and manager are very forthcoming with quick response time.

Pros

Multi platform use i.e. smartphone, tablets, desktop. Low cost to enter. Multi-user integration without jeopardising security. Contact with support, improvements made over time, Listens to input and accommodate for special changes to one client. Form creating possibilities (which can only get better as it is in Beta) Financial reports. Overall very easy to use.

Cons

Would like the phone app to be introduced to UK. Full integration with xero.com accounting software for invoicing.

Matthew from Visiting Angels - Dallas, GA

Industry: Public Safety

AxisCare makes it easy to follow clients from Leads to actual Clients.

Pros

I like the reports that we can generate through the software, especially for tracking our numbers in regards to marketing. The calendar view for both clients and caregivers is easy to follow even though I do not access them as much as some of our office staff. It is very easy to add additional shifts and monitor overtime from these calendars. I think it is important that AxisCare leaves different areas for specific notes, this makes it easier to keep track of clients throughout their time with our company.

Cons

I think it would be beneficial to have more focus around referral sources, especially if there are duplicates. Another con is that the client's calendar is sent out after their schedule is put in, for new clients this can be stressful because we may not have caregivers in place right away and all they see is an empty schedule.

Melissa from Neighbors Quality Homecare, LLC

Happy Customer

My overall experience has been great

Pros

I like everything about this software it offers everything I need to run and organize my company.

Cons

There is nothing I like least I think this program has all I need for my organization to be competitive and compliant. However I would like them to offer employee exclusion caregiver checks option

Jessica from New Estuary Home Care

Intuitive and Affordable software with GREAT Customer Service!

I love that everyone I speak with from the sales team to the support center always has your businesses best interest in mind! They are eager to help you however they can and always so friendly!

Pros

AxisCare has every feature you need to run your Home Care business. It is user friendly for my care team, and my clients families. It also syncs beautifully with Quickbooks. Scheduling is a breeze!

Cons

The training videos were helpful but they did not always line up with the current version of the software. That was confusing at times, but whenever I needed assistance I called customer service and they would walk me through whatever issue I was experiencing.

Reasons for Choosing AxisCare

I enjoyed the low pressure sales and positive attitude from the axis care team. I genuinely felt they were interested in the success of my business. I also loved how customizable Axis Care was compared to other products I considered.

Pamela from Visiting Angels Cuernavaca

User friendly and high quality software

Using Axis Care software has been a great help for our agency. It allows us to focus on our clients and caregivers instead of focusing in the office management. Since Axis Care takes care of schedules, payroll, billing, we have more time to attend people rather than process.

Pros

Reports are great: billing, payroll and royalties. Specially great when you see the same amounts on them. Easy to add clients and caregivers.

Cons

On March 12 the daylight saving time started in the USA. In Mexico it started on April 1st. During those weeks, caregivers could not check in and out correctly because the system had a different time. Very annoying and we didn't know how to fix it. Making changes to the schedule is not that easy. I make a change and click save but it doesn't save nor tells me what am I doing wrong. Spanish translation is terrible. I could help with that if you want I don't understand the fix and hourly rates. It calculates the same way. If you change the default hourly rate, it changes the rates of past events which is bad, because that already happened and should not change.