• Pros

• "Super easy to use system and love the results. Easy to share and explain to members of my team. Loved my HR Avatar Rep. "

• "I've only been using this software for one month, however I like the fact that it's user friendly. It's fairly easy to navigate through the various functions and options."

• "Easy to send to candidates and I like the interview guide questions"

• Cons

• "Would be nice to have more positions available."

• "It can run a bit slow, experienced some lag times depending on connectivity Have to do some digging to see what tests would work best for roles at my company. "

• "Difficult to find different test areas in search"

Browse HR Avatar Reviews

Todd from Call Management Resources

HR Avatar

Last year, I issued a few hundred candidate assessments; only one of them experienced an issue. Compared to other services, HR Avatar increased my efficient and significantly reduced inefficiency so that I could focus on my team while handling onboarding tasks. Anytime I have ever needed assistance, the Support Team at HR Avatar has always provided a prompt response to address the question, concern, or general feedback submitted.

Pros

The software is generally easy to use. I take advantage of the Assessment Battery function to create a bundle of pre-employment tests into a single issuance.

Cons

There really is nothing that I do not like about this software. Though, if I had a wish, it would be to enable the ability to limit completion via mobile and tablet devices.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

Ultimately, the decision came down to the hand-holding the staff at HR Avatar provided us during the evaluation period. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was exceptionally kind and patient, dedicating the time necessary to help be sure the HR Avatar met our company's needs by meeting with us and promptly answering questions via email, and phone.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Todd! Do you mean that you would like to require completion on non-mobile devices or on small screen devices? That's something we have wrestled with recently. We would appreciate your thoughts.

Glenn from My Wireless

Great Hiring Resource!

Overall I really love th HR Avatar software. We currently just use it for the Pre-Hire Personality assessments, but are looking to use it for many other positions that we hire for. It has been a great resource for our hiring managers giving them the ability to identify good candidates faster!

Pros

I love how easy it is to view the applicants test results. It has a summary page that breaks down each competency and even goes into details. Very easy to read and navigate through. I also the animations before each test is given to each of our applicants. Great way to engage them before the test is taken.

Cons

I do not like how we cannot integrate the test into our current ATS. We currently use Saba Jobvite and I can automate the test link for applicants, but the data cannot be put into our ATS. We must get it from the HR Avatar site.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

Cost effective for what we are trying to accomplish with it.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Glenn! We will be happy to investigate integration with Jobvite. We will be in touch!

Seema from Pink Elephant

Mixed Reviews

Pros

I like the questions asked when i sampled it as it was business scenarios but also tested the areas of interest (i.e. critical thinking, analytical, problem solving etc). This is why I chose it over the other platforms. It has business questions versus abstract questions.

Cons

The HR Avatars slowed it down and I'm not sure if it added any significant value. I found it to be feeling less professional and more like a kids game. But the first few questions asked were good as far as i could tell by doing the test myself. The biggest issue i have is that there are no sample questions in all the areas they test in order for me to determine if this is good test for what i need. The only way to do this is I had to take the test myself. Unfortunately I didn't have 45 minutes in my day to finish it so I had to waste a test. When i had my candidate complete it, the candidate did not do well in one particular area which we found very surprising given how well the candidate did in the interview in this exact area. When I asked for some sample questions or just key concepts tested for, I was advised by customer service they couldn't do anything for me and couldn't provide me with any additional information. Therefore, I cannot verify the relevance and validity of the questions asked. I advised the customer service rep that this would deter me from buying again and I never received a response. The only way i can consider using it again is if i pay for a test and take it myself fully to determine if it is a good test for the job I am recruiting for. I likely won't be doing that and will need to find another provider.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you, Seema, for the candid feedback. Unfortunately, we don't routinely share individual questions for our assessments, and we doubt that any reputable provider does so. We do, however, share the competencies measured on our website, and we often work with customers to help them understand exactly what is measured in each competency. We are sorry you did not have a good experience with our customer service representative and will take action to prevent that from happening again. We would love to have a second chance to earn your business.

Ryan from New England SteamWorks

Best Employee Screening Software We Have Found

It’s been excellent once we figured things out. We couldn’t be happier.

Pros

Their products are great. But the best thing about this company is they very prominently place their phone number at the very top of their home page, and when you call it, someone knowledgeable actually answers, no need for any prompts, waiting, or voice mail. Who does that? Initially we were frustrated, but this was mainly our fault. We tried to save money by paying individually for each assessment we administered. Well, you don’t save money this way, and it also means you have to pay if you want to take the assessment yourself. You also think 3 times before administering it. Finally we got smart and just paid for a year. That took the money out of the equation. Now we could take them all ourselves to pick and choose which assessments were best for us, and we also send them now to every candidate. Much better. But then things got even better when we realized they could customize assessments just for our business, and at a very reasonable price and quick turn-around. No now we have our very own custom assessments and we use them constantly. It’s been a total game changer. They also don’t insist on a sales call prior to letting you sign up and trial, like most other companies do.

Cons

The price. But to be fair, when we comparison shopped, they were even with everyone else. Initially we thought they were cheaper because they offered a per-assessment fee. But this is a false economy.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

We looked at two or three other companies, but didn’t find their assessments better, and the video formats that HR Avatar has make it (we think) more engaging for the applicants.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your honest and detailed review, Ryan! We are pleased to hear that your custom assessments have worked well for you.

John from National Inventors Hall of Fame

Solid Pre-Interview Assessment

Pros

The way that it challenges/assesses candidates skills differently from any other pre-employment test. The situations it takes you through are outstanding and it truly gives them a brief look into what they'll be getting into if they're hired.

Cons

With any of these pre-employment tests, there's always a point where you have to take the results with a grain of salt. That individual may have been under high stress when taking the assessment, could have been rushed by an emergency, or any other outside factors. So, overall, there isn't anything I have to complain about this specific software for HR Avatar.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Totally agree. We always recommend that assessment scores are used in conjunction with other evaluation methods, like interviews and references. Never use any single method exclusively because none are perfect. Thank you for your review!

Dru from DeMayo Law Offices

Great assessment tool for most jobs

Overall it has helped us select people who will perform well for the company.

Pros

It is easy to send to applicants, has fairly straight-forward instructions & the results are broken down into various factors that make it easy to evaluate whether or not someone is a good fit for a particular position in a particular company.

Cons

While I feel the assessments accurately predict who will perform well, I have seen some cases where the individual did not score well on the Avatar but ended up being one of our stars. I think this is due to the fact that there are not exact matches to some of our job titles, so the duties of any specific assessment are not perfectly aligned with some of our roles. I am afraid we may have ruled some people out who may have done just fine if we had hired them.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thanks, Dru! It is certainly true that there are false negatives and false positives in any selection process. Our goal, of course, is to reduce these as much as possible. We would be happy to work with you to perform an analysis of those you have hired, correlating their performance and test scores. Our new Talent Analytics reporting section on our website makes this a painless process, but it does require entry (either individually or in bulk) of candidate performance data. Just let us know, and we'll be happy to help you with this!

SUZANNE from VenTara Corporation

Industry: Textiles

Extremely helpful in hiring the right people for the job

It is our company policy now that all applicants must complete the HR Avatar testing set up for that particular position prior to offering a position. This has significantly helped us to employ the right people and reduced our turn-over.

Pros

This software offers all the positions and personality testing to help us to build a cohesive team. We can use this software globally. It is a great software in that it helps the team lead with digging deeper into the applicants personality or professional background, asking the right questions suggested by this program.

Cons

The con would be that it is not multi-language. In the very beginning we did find that there are applicants skilled in test taking that can score very high and seem to be a great fit. However, as stated above if you ask the additional questions during the interview process it helps to find the full picture on the applicant.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you, Suzanne. We are actively translating our tests into other languages, so hopefully we will be able to address all of your candidates in the near future.

Jason from National Inventors Hall of Fame

Very Easy to Use

Pros

This assessment is extremely user-friendly and gives a great snapshot of candidates.

Cons

Nothing negative to say! We have had a very positive experience.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review, Jason!

Frank from KiDs Beach Club

Don't hire anyone without HR Avatar!

I wished I had known about it earlier. It would have saved me the time, effort and the cost of some poor hires! I've used it with two companies that I've been at and got my wife hooked on using it for her company. She swears by it as well. The alternatives to HR Avatar that I looked it were far too expensive for the smaller organizations that I've led. HR Avatar provides objective data that when combined with subjective interviews gives a much fuller picture of a candidate. With HR Avatar I can hire with confidence.

Pros

It works! HR Avatar is easy to administrate and it provides assessments for numerous types of positions. Most importantly, I've found the assessment reports to be incredibly accurate and the suggested interview questions very helpful in employee candidate selection.

Cons

Truly, no negatives with HR Avatar! It works as advertised.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Frank!

Jan from Xtivia

HR Avatar has a lot to offer

HR Avatar supports their software - The customer service here is incredible - I have always had my questions answered or my needs addressed.

Pros

The software is video interactive, simulating real life situations that a candidate could encounter. Tests may be mailed out individually or in an email blast - I have the option of sending none or multiple reminders that the link is waiting for a candidate. and I am notified as soon as candidate has completed the test. The summary is both graphically represented and has a written summary. The assessment review has great follow up questions to ask if your candidate scores in an area that is other than what you are looking for.

Cons

Some of the technical assessments were not what we needed for a particular skill-set - However, HR Avatar is very open to customizing a test for us or anyone else.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied March 2019

Thank you for this review Jan!

Marie from Surf Fire, Security and Safety

Using HR Avatar for hiring the right candidate

I signed up for HR Avatar, after having to terminate two people I hired for an Administrative position, because the skills they claimed to have they did not possess. HR Avatar allowed me to customize a test to determine if the candidate possessed the skills the position required. Though at first I was skeptical of having the applicant take a test before I interviewed them, it proved to be beneficial. So many candidates did not bother to start the test, and some started and never bothered to finish (it was interesting to follow the candidate from the first time they accessed the site, or that they never even attempted to, and each time they interacted with the test site). Those that never started or did not complete the test told me all I needed to know about themselves and I was able to weed them out. It was a nice perk too, that if the candidate never started the test, that I could request my credits back, since they weren't used. One thing that I did, which would be a beneficial addition from HR Avatar, was to email the candidate to let them know that I was sending them a test via HR Avatar, that was required to be considered for the position, including the approx. length of time it would take to complete the test. I never wanted the receiver to think it might be SPAM and disregard the test. My email letting them know what was coming seemed to me to be the extra step for the candidate to feel safe utilizing the test site, and to know to watch for the test, since we implemented a cut off date for each test to be completed. I am happy to say that we did hire someone who completed the test, and she has been employed with us for 6 months. I would use HR Avatar again when I need to hire someone

Response from HR Avatar

Replied October 2016

Thanks for the feedback, Marie. In account settings you can modify the test invitation email template that is sent to the candidate so that it contains your personalized message and signature. Contact us if you'd like us to walk you through it. -Bill

Mindy from Williams & Associates Architecture

Great tool for small business company

Our professional business company used these services to help narrow the field down of potential candidates as part of selection and hiring process. They have very "job-specific" simulated testing that helps to gauge skills, knowledge and even personal traits. It's a great approach to an overall "snap shot" of applicants. It saved our staff time and money that it would have required to do this task on our own. It's one thing for a perspective applicant to tell you they can perform a certain task. It's another thing to have them take the simulated testing that produces concrete and tangible evidence of their ability to actually perform those job-related tasks. The feedback from the candidates we administered the testing to, was very positive. Most had not ever seen one like it. It's not strictly a personality test, like most products out there. It's all inclusive testing tool that includes personality tendencies, job record history, "suggested" red flag areas as well as personality traits. Most test takers loved it! When I signed up to use the Avatar product, I received emails and a personal phone call from the Avatar company. They helped me to narrow done what to use for what we were specifically looking for as well as what we, as a company wanted to target in our hiring process. They were very helpful and accommodating. The ease of use of the product in choosing the tests, administering them and receiving the results was user friendly on top of it. I would highly recommend the Avatar services. We are a small firm and to have this tool helped us achieve our desired goals.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied October 2016

Thanks for the review! -Bill HR Avatar

Robert from Team 1 Plastics

Different Style of Testing

We have used in the past for Customer Service, HR, and other technical positions. The reports are broken up into different categories which make it easy to tell where a candidate excels or needs improvement. This style of testing makes it easy to gauge computer skills. I particularly like the attention to detail score it provides. I do wish that there was some explanation in terms of how the scoring is done. There are a lot of positions I wish I could test using HR Avatar that aren't an option.

Pros

Attention to detail. Testing computer skills. Interactive style.

Cons

Would be nice to have more positions available.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2016

Robert, Thanks for your great review! Score explanation: This is now a feature of our reports. With our summer 2016 update, we added a detailed explanation of the scoring to the end of the score report. It appears on any test reports run after that release. Additional tests: We have over 200 tests for specific job positions. The test titles are based on the US Dept of Labor job titles, so the titles might deviate from other commonly used job titles. If you search the catalog by your job title, it usually will find the right test, but if not- let us know. We also have 450 skills-specific tests. If there is a test you'd like to see, please let us know. We create new assessments based on market demand and we would like to hear from you. Thanks again. -Bill

Lucious from Mississippi Regional Housing Authority No. VII

Excellent Tool to Aid in Choosing the Best Candidates for a Position.

Pros

The interactive software gives the candidate a more realistic job setting. It also allows me, as an employer, collect valuable information, which I can use in gauging the potential performance of a candidate in a scenario job setting. It also gives me valuable personality assessments which I can use in screening candidates for interview.

Cons

The software is somewhat intuitive when setting up the perimeters, but once setup it is a breeze to use.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review, Lucious! We appreciate you taking the time to write your thoughts, and we are pleased you find our software helpful in evaluating your candidates.

Tomasz from Rochester Electronics

HR Avatar Review

Pros

The software is ease to send out to potential candidates and gives a nice overview of different skills and how they might match with what we are looking for.

Cons

The tests are hard to align with some of the more specific positions we have. It is hard from time to time to find a test that will be appropriate to the skill sets we are looking to figure out about a candidate. Also it is difficult to explain the rigors sometimes that exist in taking the exam to potential candidates. It would be nice if they were prompted with what the true needs are before they take the exam.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review and for the suggestion about explaining the requirements to candidates before they begin. We will evaluate the best way to do that.

Emily from Brittain Resorts & Hotels

Customer Service Representative (with Emails and calls) Assessment

Pros

This software provides our candidates the preview of what the position is truly like and gives them more of an understanding of what will be required of them if they are hired for the position. I really like the camera feature as well so we can truly see if the candidate is taking the assessment by their self or if they have someone assisting them.

Cons

On top of receiving their overall score I wish it would say from 0-49 this candidate is not recommended, 50-74 moderate performance potential and 75- 100 high performance potential. It would make it easier to go through the a lot of assessments at one time without having to click on each one and view the scores individually.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for this review and the feedback, Emily! Thanks for the suggestion regarding score presentation. We are always looking to make the results interpretation process easier for customers and will consider your idea carefully.

Ma. Reneth from Nissan Philippines, Inc.

HR Avatar Pre-Employment Assessments

Breathe of fresh air for HR practitioner like me.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, very friendly and accommodating staff and value for money.

Cons

None. Everything is very innovative and very promising.

Tried and tested system.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Ma. Reneth!

Sara from Non profit organization

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's horrible. Software is rubbish and useless, customer service ditto, they take days to return emails and days to return calls, their tech support consists solely of taking 48 hours to tell you to clear your browser and then hanging up; I'm so done with this it's not even funny. Guess what, I can't even be considered for a job that I applied for i I don't use HR Avatar's assessment, which doesn't work and they won't fix, so I guess I'll just stay unemployed. Never ever buy or use HR Avatar.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. The assessment I was sent for a job interview didn't work; 15 steps of troubleshooting later and a week of not hearing anything from HR Avatar but "clear your browser" and I guess I can't even be considered for a job. Thanks for the broken software, stress, and horrible customer service, HR Avatar.

Cons

Everything. Nothing works. I was supposed to do an assessment on this software so I could interview for a job; the software did not work, of course. A full week after contacting customer service, all they said was "clear your browser", which was the first of 15 troubleshooting steps I undertook before calling them. It took them days to email me that, it took them days more to call me and tell me that, and since then, radio silence. Never buy their software, never use their software, never deal with these people because you're just wasting your breath.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Hello Sara. We are sorry that your experience with HR Avatar was not a positive one. We serve over 1,000 customers a day who do not have difficulties completing the assessment, so the problems you had must have been unique to your computer or device. We are determined to make sure every customer has an easy to use and beneficial experience with our products. Would you be able to share your phone number with us? We would like to contact you, troubleshoot the problems you had, and help rectify this situation. Thank you for your feedback.

Melissa from Smart Financial Credit Union

Smart Review 2019

Overall, it's a really helpful tool for determining which candidates are serious and qualified.

Pros

Cons

The HR Avatar system randomly doesn't work sometimes. We had a few issues with candidate results not showing, their names disappearing, or their test progress disappearing. Also, some test results are randomly not showing what percentile they fall under.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

We use both, because HR Avatar doesn't offer all of the products we need in our industry.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Melissa! I believe the issues you are referring to occurred during a major upgrade in September 2019. We're happy to say that we've not experienced any such issues since that several day period. Please let us know if there are any recurring issues.

Susan from Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C.

Convenient and reliable skills testing

Pros

HR Avatar has helped improve our overall hiring practice. We can now easily test candidates on their computer skills, writing ability, attention to detail and so much more! We are even assured it is actually the candidate taking the test with the unannounced photos!

Cons

I do not like the Microsoft Office section that is part of the Paralegal test. It does not give a fair assessment of their Microsoft Office skills. This one area needs improvement.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your comment about this, Susan! We will re-visit the Office section of the paralegal assessment to see if it is representing those skills fairly and revise if necessary.

Joshua Matthew from Filinvest Alabang Inc.

HR Avatar Review

HR Avatar is very helpful in screening applicants as it can determine where applicants are having a hard time dealing with and it also shows the potential risks upon hiring the candidate. It makes the job of HRs easy and efficient. Though I think the price can be adjusted. Other than that, I have no other problems. Kudos!

Pros

This software has helped our recruitment process big time since everything is digital already and doesn't need any papers. It is also very friendly for applicants as well.

Cons

To be honest, the price for each test can be very expensive for an exam.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you, Joshua! We appreciate your feedback about price. Actually, our analysis shows that our prices are slightly below the middle-of-the-range for reputable competitors. Unfortunately, there are many less reputable providers who do not take sufficient care with their assessments and who tend to compete strictly on price.

Kelly from Pet Food Experts

Great Product and Great Sales Team

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

We haven't purchased the product yet, we are hoping to implement in 2020. But the main reason why we picked HR Avatar, it was fun and easy to use assessment. We also loved how you can test for specific tasks and see how someone would react in certain situations. I need to give credit to our representative, Shoa Appelman she was incredibly helpful and passionate about the product.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your review, Kelly. We agree that sometimes bandwidth can be a problem, and we have several different solutions. You may want to try our short versions which have much less video content. Also, we're working to make our large catalog easier to navigate. Thank you!

Suzanne from PDI

Good Value That Provides Quality Results

Pros

The software is affordable for small to midsize companies. Don't let the price fool you, you still get a detailed report that evaluates the key attributes for the position. I also like that the results are immediate and we receive suggested questions for the interview to probe further the areas of concern. I have yet to find a test that didn't match a role I was interviewing for and the identification software is terrific. So far the software has been a great predictor of performance for us and as a result we are budgeting to continue the service next year.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues with the software or the results and I have administered a couple dozen tests to date. Overall I really like the product.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Suzanne!

Taryn from Cambridge Savings Bank

HR Avatar

Pros

Easy to send to candidates and I like the interview guide questions

Cons

The interface could be a bit more modernized

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Taryn! We are open to hear your suggestions about modernizing the interface that might better suit your needs.

Katie from National Inventors Hall of Fame

HR Avatar is a Great Hiring Tool

I really enjoy HR avatar overall! While it may not provide a potential hire with what their day-to-day looks like, it provides the hiring manager with a good gauge for how the potential hire will approach the work.

Pros

The most useful feature for the role I most hire for, is the writing portion. We do a lot of internal and external communication and it is a wonderful tool to see how a potential hire can convey necessary information with good sentence structure and professionalism. The writing portion provides a great starting point for where a potential hire may need coaching or where they will succeed with minimal coaching.

Cons

While I thoroughly;y appreciate the multiple competencies that are measured, it would be much more helpful if I could filter them by the ideal interpretation range. As competencies have different ideal ranges, it can make a quick glance through them potentially misleading.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Katie, thank you for your review and for your great suggestion!

Leah from Gabriel Marketing Group

HR Avatar Helped Us Hire Fast and with Confidence

We had never used standardized testing during the hiring process before we came on board with HR Avatar. As we scaled, doubling in size, we looked to solutions that would improve our success and longevity rate of our hires. HR Avatar has helped us meet those objectives, by reducing turnover and improving skill and culture fit for all types of roles across our organization. Companies that are looking for scientific and additional assurance of hires would be well suited to look at HR Avatar. It has helped our organization hire rapidly and with confidence, supporting our growth. Also, the simulations mirror real world scenarios which is very helpful in evaluating potential team members. Thanks, HR AVATAR!

Pros

easy, accurate, detailed reports, simulation-based whole-person approach

Cons

Difficult to find different test areas in search

Response from HR Avatar

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the great feedback, Leah.

Michael from Baugher Law Firm PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Great Pre-Employment Tests

We really like that there tests simulated a real world working environment. We felt that this gave us even more confidence that if someone scored well on this test that they would also do well on the job. Have to say deciding to administer pre-employment tests prior to conducting interviews has been by far the best HR decision I have made for our firm. Truly takes out the guess work on whether someone is a good fit for the job. We have hired our first candidate who do well on their test and will keep you posted on whether they work out or not. Thanks again HR Avatar.

Pros

Simulates real world environment Easy to use Extensive test results with interview questions

Cons

Interview questions are not always relevant to what needs to be asked The per test model is nice if you have narrowed down the candidates but expensive if you want to test lots of people and/or test for multiple positions.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review, Michael. We also offer a subscription pricing model and I'll reach out to you directly to discuss some options.

Gabriel from EliteHealth Pharmacy Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Perfect Assessment Testing for Employment Candidates

We used Wonderlic and Criteria Corp. While both are great services, HR Avatar offers easy set up and easy to read metrics. What we really like is the ability to work with HR Avatar to design custom validated tests.

Pros

This is a fantastic product that allows our recruitment firm to effectively assess our candidates for technical and "soft" skills, helping us match the perfect candidates for our clients.

Cons

You have to pay for each individual test out of the box. However, I'm not sure that's really a con because the pricing model allows for scalability and HR Avatar will customize a flat fee upon request.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Gabriel! We also offer unlimited subscription pricing online. You can find more information here: https://www.hravatar.com/ta/catalog/subscriptions.xhtml

Andrea from PwC Argentina

Avatar tool

Pros

Agile. Friendly. It has a big offer of tests.

Cons

English oral tests are not functionally.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Andrea! Sometimes firewalls can block media files. This is usually solved by testing from a different location, or companies can open their firewall if a lot of testing will take place. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Susan from HCA/Parallon/Revenue Cycle/Louisville

HR Avatar has been a great change

We researched candidate assessment vendors for a year before selecting HR Avatar. The team at HR Avatar was responsive, experts in the business, and by far, the most cost effective. The assessment is interactive and a direct reflection of the job. The candidate gets a feel for the job and we get a feel for how successful they may be in the job. Our hiring managers and HR recruitment team love the detailed interview reports that are provided. We have shared this product with other divisions of our organization who are seriously considering also using.

Pros

Easy to use for employers and candidates. Results are accurate! Candidates reveal traits in the interview that were revealed in the assessment results.

Cons

Nothing. Has been a positive experience!

Response from HR Avatar

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the great review, Susan. -Bill

Jan from www.worldcare.org

Review from someone who took the test

It was laughable. The only people who will benefit from this software are people who are not willing to take responsibility for evaluating the candidates they hire. If any future company tells me that I have to take this test, I will tell them I am no longer interested - and why. And, I'll bet HRAvatar won't keep this up on their website .

Pros

I only liked the essay portion. That part was good because it made me think and offered me an opportunity to show that I have a brain, know how to write a coherent sentence, and can write an effective story that is also captivating.

Cons

As someone who has 30+ years hiring people in six for-profits companies and four nonprofit organizations, using the HR Avatar Employment Test sure takes the pressure of of hiring personnel to do their job effectively. I took the test last night, and felt that part of it was fairly effective. However, it was far too long and the Excel portion did not seem to be working at all. When I tried to click on what I absolutely knew was the right answer, it would't take my answer. Other parts seemed to be testing how much you could remember about some rather random HR questions and business situations.

Response from Shoa

Replied March 2019

Hello, thank you for your feedback, and we are glad you enjoyed the essay portion and I'm sorry you only found part of the test fairly effective. You are correct in that the tests are designed to help hiring managers and recruiters with their decision-making and making the process more objective. The tests also give applicants a chance to demonstrate their attention to detail and problem solving skills. I'm very sorry to hear you had trouble with an Excel portion. We take applicant experience quite seriously. If you could contact our support email (support@hravatar.com) we would appreciate it so our tech team can investigate. Thank you again for the feedback!

Kelly from Wastebuilt

HR Avatar

The candidates liked the testing. We were able to use it to discern if we wanted to move candidates to the next level based on the results.

Pros

software is very easy to use from a user standpoint. the avatar interaction allows the candidate life like interaction.

Cons

Like most industries Wastebuilt has unique job titles which may or may not match the exact test you need.

Reasons for Choosing HR Avatar

Looking for an easy platform to do pre-employment assessments.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Kelly! We have enjoyed serving Wastebuilt and would be open to positions that we may not currently be addressing.

Pamela from Greensky Trade Credit, LLC

HR Avatar Experience

HR Avatar is a great program that has truly made a difference in how our company's hiring process functions. This program is so easy to use and offers such incredibly detailed feedback. I would absolutely recommend this program to other businesses.

Pros

The ease of use

Cons

We didn't purchase it sooner

Response from HR Avatar

Replied October 2016

Thank you! -Bill HR Avatar

Lisa from American Credit Acceptance

HR Avatar - collections assessment

it's been great so far - pretty early in our process.

Pros

it is easy to use. have found the results to be very helpful in determining next step questions.

Cons

I would be happier if it didn't ask me to change my password each time I log in. We had an issue the other day when using a test key (link) where one person's name overlapped another person's results. The first time this has happened. Not sure why.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Lisa! Our system requires that you change your password every 12 months or if your current password is considered weak. We are looking into why the issues you mentioned might be happening. Please let us know if we can assist you.

Mariano from PwC

Pros

The time it saved us. It´s much faster that a candidate takes the exam online and it´s corrected automatically rather than making him/her come to the office and the correcting the exams.

Cons

It´s expensive and candidates do not always reply

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Mariano! We're constantly told that we are much less expensive than our comparable competitors. And yes, it's always hard to keep candidates interested. One thing about our tests though is that they make a great impression on candidates through the 'day-in-the-life' job simulation. Our approval ratings from candidates are over 99%!

Rizza from Fast Distribution Corporation

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

HR Avatar as Online Assessment

It is overall fun and easy to take. There are just a few to improve.

Pros

It is accessible anywhere as long as there is internet connection. It is user friendly and fun to take because of the animations. Administrators can customized the test package depending on the job description. In HR, it is great that we can receive the result few minutes after the applicant has finished taking it. That means a lot because it saves a lot time waiting and we can proceed to hiring within a day.

Cons

In our company, there are applicants who cannot understand the English language. It is better if it has language options to consider.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the honest review, Rizza. Keeping up with all languages is certainly a challenge. However, we currently offer most of our assessments in Spanish as well as English. Is there another language you are looking for?

Rosan from Fast Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

User Friendly Product

Great. We were able to identify High Potentials in our organization.

Pros

HR Avatar is very user friendly from the test administration and to answering the assessments. You won't get lost in a sea of instructions unlike others.

Cons

Need to strengthen its ability to capture plagiarism esp those copied from the web.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review, Rosan. We have recently implemented web-wide plagiarism checks through a third party provider for this very reason. Hopefully that will address this issue.

Amy from Nanoramic Laboratories

Industry: Nanotechnology

Well crafted tool, but LONG assessments

Overall, I like the idea in concept. In execution, the assessment is really only helpful for us to use with very standard positions, such as administrative assistants. I like the interface alot, but we have stopped using the assessments with candidates because we felt the assessments were too long for what we wanted.

Pros

Really like the way the software is set up- interactive and well designed.

Cons

We had trouble with the camera working for some of the test takers. We also found the assessments to be way too long to ask a candidate to take. The customizing of the assessments feels complicated and so the actual assessments were not always targeting what we wanted.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Amy! We recognize that the tests can be lengthy, and these are not always appropriate or practical. So we recently introduced a full line of Short versions that are less than half the time of the full versions but still cover the whole person. They've been very popular. Please check them out!

Alexandra from PWC

The test about the personality.

My experience is awesome, I win a lot of time using the tool everyday.

Pros

The quality and the efficiency. If we want to accelerate the process of the recruitment across mail without a psychologist, we can use this very well.

Cons

Sometimes I think the candidate could feels stalked.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Alexandra! You are probably referring to the camera feature, which we've found to be very popular with employers. We've also found that candidates don't mind being asked to have their picture taken.

Vanya from Mobileye

Really useful for hiring!

Pros

We send these to all prospective new hires, test depending on their position. It is very interesting to see scores and compare skillsets that are most relevant to our needs.

Cons

Tests are not exactly what we do, so some parts are a bit irrelevant. Would like for them to update for more forward-thinking tech.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the candid review, Vanya. We are always looking to improve our tests. Would like to follow up with you about the irrelevant parts and the forward-thinking tech.

Julie from Meeco Sullivan - Tuckahoe Holdings

Great product!

Pros

The software enabled me to assess the skill level for several administrative roles.

Cons

No cons

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Julie!

Julie from Cevians

Great Experience

We have used HR Avatar Pre-Employment tests for many different positions and all were very helpful as we evaluated top candidates.

Pros

Easy to use; variety of tests/positions; great customer support.

Cons

I have nothing negative to comment on, but if I do not list something, this review form will not let me continue.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing this Julie!

Campbell from Eastern Industrial Supplies

Industry: Warehousing

Great product for qualifying candidates

Overall, very good

Pros

Very good for response time to candidates/administrators with results easy to navigate easy to administer

Cons

I would like to see the results in more detail, what specific questions candidates struggle with, etc

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thanks, Campbell. It's always a balancing act between detail and simplicity. We appreciate your feedback on this.

Lou from The Goldendale Sentinel

Industry: Newspapers

Accurate, easy, and affordable -- a small business' dream come true!

I come from big-city experience and became the publisher of a small-town newspaper. Everything I thought I knew about effective vetting of job candidate was useless here -- the talent pool and approach to hiring are very different. We researched for months trying to find a testing service that would meet our needs and not cost us the proverbial arm and leg. HR Avatar totally fits the bill. I'm blown away by how accurate and detailed the service is, as well as the attention to detail and tools they provide to help you follow through. Customer service is fantastic. They listen and help. I can't speak highly enough of HR Avatar.

Pros

Ease and accuracy.

Cons

Took some time to fully discern how accurate the testing is; some of the reports aren't immediately intuitive. But that's a very small concern.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied March 2017

Lou, Thank you for your review! Also, thanks for the feedback on the phone today. Based on your comments, I requested some tweaks to our score report format to help make them more intuitive. Should be live in a couple days. Let us know what you think. Thanks - Bill

Mike from Collins Realty Services

Amazing Service and Spot On Testing

We had a session with a representative who explained thoroughly how the HR Avatar sire works and the company philosophy pertaining to methods and results tailored to a specific job. Their list of available industry positions was impressive and we were able to find tests that matched our job descriptions. This was a pleasant surprise. The test results were easy to evaluate and we have had excellent results with two management hires. I recommend this product to any company with high quality standards.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied October 2016

Thank you for your review! -Bill HR Avatar

candela from pwc

Oral test

Pros

The English oral test has bad connection and bad audio, which makes it hard to please

Cons

Response from HR Avatar

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Candela! Sometimes firewalls can block media files. This is usually solved by testing from a different location, or companies can open their firewall if a lot of testing will take place. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Sharon from SmS Consulting 2018 Limited

Good selection tool

I use it mostly for recruitment for clients. It is one of many tools that I provide and is often used in combination with other psychometric assessments.

Pros

Detailed assessments, helpful in recruitment process

Cons

I'm never very sure if the test key has been sent or not. Have had to find work arounds to get the test key to people taking the test as they aren't receiving the email from HR Avatar.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the review, Sharon! As you know, we've implemented individual email tracking for all candidate emails sent from our system. The tracking includes an indication of when an email was opened by the candidate. We also allow you to send test keys by text message.

Krystle from CMA

AVATAR Review

Pros

I like that the AVATAR has all the different areas of where the candidate excels and where they could use some help.

Cons

Some of the feedback that I received from our candidates was that the test was a little strange and time consuming.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2018

Thank you for this review! Our simulations do make our assessments different from classic multiple choice tests, so that feedback makes sense. Our whole person tests range from 40 minutes to an hour, and that can feel like a long time. We are adding shorter options to our product line in 2019, and I will reach out to see if any of these can help as well. Thanks again!

Kathy from Win Chill LLC

Win Chill LLC

Allows me to hire the best candidate based on their ability.

Pros

The variety of questions and tests - the fact that you verify who the person is that is taking the test. Ms testing office setting tests

Cons

Trial period was kind of deceiving - explain you can give 2-4 tests - then you start paying instead of giving a 15/30 day trial.

Fast and easy -

Response from HR Avatar

Replied January 2020

Kathy, thank you for your review and for using our software! We are sorry that our free trial period was not clear for you. Our free trial includes enough credits for two free tests of any kind, and you have 14 days to administer them. Please let us know if you need any help.

Sandy from Advocate Property Management

HR Avatar guides us to the right employment choices

HR Avatar has become a valuable tool for us and we feel it has been a contributor to increased retention rate.

Pros

This online assessment tool helps our company make better decisions on candidates. This tool enables us to compare strengths and weaknesses of candidates to ultimately make the best decision on offers of employment.

Cons

We found we needed to have a few current employees take use the assessment tool so we could get a baseline on the main positions we hire for.

Response from HR Avatar

Replied December 2018

Thank you so much for this review and feedback Sandy! -Shoa