(3,454)

(2,325)

2,325

(1,265)

1,265

• Pros

• "I love the ease and functionality of the product!"

• "The integration of this software is quick, easy, and flawless. It has saved me a lot of time and delivered results. "

• "What I love most about this product is that I can use it on multiple devices "

• Cons

• "Overall this is a great application. Little flaws. Sometimes software freezes up and has to be closed and restarted. "

• "There aren't really any cons that are too terrible. However, if you are a smaller company, the paid version can be quite expensive. Other than that, there really aren't any cons worth noting. "

• "Multi-page set up seems to drag sometimes, and the refining process needs some attention, but overall an excellent product."

Browse ZipRecruiter Reviews

Eddie from EHS Hospitality

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

ZipRecruiter is still going strong!

ZipRecruiter is great for assisting our clients in smaller to mid-size markets where we don't have a large candidate flow already in place. ZipRecruiter lets us target candidates with greater detail than other services. Example: Targeting a specific suburb or zip code of Chicago instead of (LinkedIn) "The Greater Chicago Area" - This ability to dig into locations and source from the database is outstanding!

Pros

Overall ZipRecruiter seems to be experiencing a resurgence in attracting high caliber applicants within the service industry from what I've seen overall in the last year. The database is another great tool that gives us access to candidates that we wouldn't get on other platforms such as Indeed. Not only that, but I feel it's a higher level of professional candidates across the board. The user interface is very easy to learn and you can customize alerts to your liking.

Cons

I felt for a while the site was a little dated, but it appears that they've modernized their look, user interface and are still able to attract top-notch talent. I think the value for service is greater when you're able to buy in larger quantities than on an individual basis, but that's the nature of the business.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied August 2019

Hi Eddie! Thank you so much for providing your wonderful and extensive feedback with us! We're so glad you've found success within your hiring journey while utilizing ZipRecruiter. Our product team is constantly making updates based on our customer's feedback! We encourage you to stay on the lookout for any upcoming advancements. As always, our team is here to help. We're here 24/7, so please always feel welcome to contact us directly for assistance. Happy Hiring! Kind Regards, Tier III Support

Nicholas from Jacobs Creative Services

Fantastic Platform for Finding Relevant Jobs

Time is money and wasted opportunities are mitigated with how easy it is to set up a profile and apply for jobs!

Pros

ZipRecruiter is a fantastic solution to wasting time filling out form after form, upload after upload of resumes. They make it simple with their 1-Click Apply feature. That's all it really takes, and you're done! Their emails are relevant and detailed to better educate me on open positions and required qualifications.

Cons

It's actually my preferred job board for ease-of-use alone. I wish all other platforms were more like ZipRecruiter. If I had any complaint it would be to please make other platforms just as great.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

The other products are fine. Glassdoor is a very close second choice for ease of use, but not all job postings keep you in Glassdoor. They give the option to link out to the company's site. Which I deplore. ZipRecruiter keeps you in the platform, and negates the need to re-enter so much information!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Nicholas! We appreciate you allowing ZipRecruiter to be a part of your job search journey. Keep on 1-click applying! --TC

Danielle from Real Equity Management

Frustrating implementation and account setup for Greenhouse ATS users

Overall experience with the system was extremely disappointing. I was unable to determine the effectiveness of the product due to all of the issues we encountered along the way.

Pros

I really enjoyed the resume search database. This was the only feature I was able to use without any problem. Unfortunately to due to the issues we encountered during account setup, we were not able to determine the actual effectiveness of this product as a recruiting tool.

Cons

My experience with the initial setup of our account and integration of ZipRecruiter with our ATS, Greenhouse, was extremely frustrating. We went through 3 different Account Managers in a 60 day period with 0 consistency of information with each new person. There were various issues we encountered with account setup and their ability to correctly scrape our jobs from our ATS. After starting this process in early May of 2019 we decided to part ways in mid to late August due to lagging issues with our account we just could not seem to receive a reasonable resolution for. Unfortunately due to all of the issues, we were never able to determine the effectiveness of the actual product. The platform has an algorithm that fine tunes its targeting of the "ideal" applicant based off your rating of applicants that apply. The more time you spend rating applicants the better targeting capabilities it supposedly has. The concept is great, however, for companies with a large hiring volume it becomes a time consuming feature to have to manage applicants in both an ATS and in ZipRecruiter.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We did not choose ZipRecruiter over other products. We brought it on to test rather it would be a more effective solution that some of the other products we use regularly.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied April 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback with us, Danielle! If you ever need any further assistance with the ZipRecruiter platform or your ATS integration, please feel welcome to contact our dedicated customer care team directly. Best! --TC

Brianna from Security Solutions of America

Zip Recruiter

I have had an overall good experience, I have been using the software for 2+ years.

Pros

I like that I am able to post and search for jobs for free. Sometimes the company are looking for temporary workers, so I will go online to post job listings. I also, search myself for extra gigs.

Cons

I dislike that you have to be signed in, in order to complete an application. That is about it, nothing too major.

Free of charge, popularized

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Brianna! For security purposes, we do require our users to be signed in prior to applying. You may certainly search while not signed in if you choose! We wish you the best of luck with your job search. :) --TC

Easiest Job Application site I've come across

Overall this software is a 10/10. I have never had any problems locating employment since I have begun my search using ZipRecruiter. I use this software to locate potential jobs I may be interested in to review requirements and jobs I want to apply to right away.

Pros

ZipRecruiter interface is super easy to use. From personal experience I can say ziprecruiter is reliable and a very legit job search engine. Compared to the other sites on the market, I have gotten more responses from submitted applications here than anywhere else. I like how applying is as easy as 1-2-3. ZipRecruiter has an amazing one-click apply function on the website which submits your resume automatically, saving you the headache of retyping or refilling out applications with the same information provided in your resume. The trending searches is also a favorite of mine because I can easily find jobs in seconds.

Cons

Honestly I feel if any changes are made to this software it would be more of a downgrade than anything. I absolutely have no complaints in regards to ZipRecruiter. I rave to all of my family and friends about the successes I have made since using this software.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied May 2020

Your insight is so very important to us! Thank you for sharing, and we wish you the very best of luck with your job search always! Please feel free to reach out to us for help at any time, at support@ziprecruiter.com. --TC

Madalyn from Explore Washington Park

Generated lots of leads, most of which were not stellar

I would use it for a job that I wanted to have high visibility.

Pros

It allowed us to post a job very quickly. The post had high visibility and we had lots of candidates apply.

Cons

It generated so many applicants that it was actually a bit of a hassle to weed through. Our better candidates came through smaller more industry-specific channels such as business associations, city committees, etc. Also, we had a separate application on our website applicants were required to complete, and Zip-recruiter made it harder to communicate the necessity of this additional document.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We hadn't tried it yet, but it sounded good from the ads.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2020

Thank you for using and reviewing our service. We appreciate you doing business with us! If you decide to post jobs with us again, please contact our Customer Care Team at support@ziprecruiter.com, 877-252-1062, or live chat. We can show you how to use screening questions to filter your candidates and answer any other questions you may have. We are available 24/7 and we are always happy to help! ~DW

Kandace from Detailed cleaning services

Unemployed with ZipRecruiter

I think the ZipRecruiter is very promising it just doesn't appeal the promises of actually finding employment I do think it's a well-put-together site and being unsuccessful in being hired could be the online application process is different than going into a business to apply for the position in person

Pros

The software is very promising and easy to use and easy to set up you're able to find numerous jobs in your area that you can filter to your own preferences for your job search you have the option to apply for the position of the jobs you're interested in from their site overall it's a well put together service.

Cons

I have not ever gotten a job through ZipRecruiter and I have applied for a lot of jobs in some of them more than once so the actual success rate of going through this service has not been positive for me and then landing a new job

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied March 2020

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us, Kandace! We hope you find a great job soon. Please feel welcome to email our team at support@ziprecruiter.com for some tips! We wish you the very best of luck with your job search. -TC

Meagan from Discovery Inc.

Amazing Job Site

Pros

I love that this is so easy to use. This sties offer more options for one click applications. I am able to fill in my experience and information and apply for a job effortlessly. The more I apply, the better matches I am provided. My resume has already been reviewed by 3 employers today alone! They provide up to date information on jobs and if my application has been reviewed. They also let me know of any updates from HR Management.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about this product.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2020

We so very much appreciate your valuable insight, Meagan! Keep up the great work! --TC

Stephania from Elevated Arrangements LLC

Industry: Executive Office

Really Great!

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. If I'm looking for a sub-contractor or a temp employee, I can easily find on here. The software is easy and has like a messaging inbox where you keep track of your messages between candidates. The pricing is well fitting.

Cons

Some candidates' resumes are posted but they aren't available or they just recently found a job. I wish there was a way to see tht they hot hired from someone else so I don't waste my time reaching out.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied March 2020

Thank you for letting us be a part of your hiring journey, Stephania! We're so glad you've found the ZipRecruiter platform to be easy to use to post jobs and collect candidates. Best! -TC

Zachary from Techknowledgey Inc.

Great tool for hiring multiple positions

I think the tool is easy to use and the customer experience is nice. However, the customer support was not very helpful in answering my questions.

Pros

ZipRecruiter does a great job taking your job listing and posting it to hundreds of job sites all in one click. However, it does not have a strong targeting system for the person hiring one or two individuals.

Cons

ZipRecruiter does not attract enough qualified candidates to make proper use of the tool. We needed to hire a highly skilled professional in 6 weeks. I found that ZipRecruiter had difficulty suggesting candidates within a 25 mile radius.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We wanted to gather a qualified list of candidates in a reasonable amount of time. ZipRecruiter gives coupons and free trails if you register as a new user. The onboarding was great.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied March 2020

Hi Zachary! Thank you for sharing your valuable insight. We hope you find the ideal candidate very soon! We wish you the best of luck, and our team is always here and happy to help - 24/7. Best - TC

Ayden from Classic Restoration Contractors

Excellent Program

My overall experience with Ziprecruiter is positive and I would recommend it to others!

Pros

I enjoy ZipRecruiter because it allows an easy application process once you are an account holder. The 1-click apply is very easy to use and only in certain cases are there additional follow up questions. This platform is super efficient time wise and allows me an absurd amount of different job opportunities. I recommend this program in comparison to others like Indeed and UpWork considering the price of using this program is so far in my experience nothing. The profile is easy to set up, and in cases where I have applied to a job I have received an email or phone call from the company within hours.

Cons

Though there are few I would love to see more versatility in the "Job suggestions" area of the program. When you apply for a job or search a certain careers the suggestions seem to be very consistent and don't tend to range. For example when I searched a "Customer Service" position I found so many suggested jobs in just this specific field, so from then on I started just having to key in words to search for job opportunities. Another feature I would love to see incorporated is a feature allowing a "remote" job suggestion filter when searching for positions. Considering most are searching for remote positions now amid a pandemic I think this feature would be useful. Another feature I would like to see tweaked, though this could be in the settings and just merely user error, is the option to avoid those repetitive emails when you apply for a job. My inbox is basically spammed with a nonsense email telling me I have applied to a job which when I apply for multiple positions it sort of clouds my inbox.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience, Ayden. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear of your success using our platform! ~DW

Nicole from Beauty and Brains LLC

Zipping Your Way Into a New Job with Zip Recruiter

Zip Recruiter|was so easy to use and provided me with so many options for employment, it did not take long for me to be able to find temporary contract work to hold me over during the Covid-19 crisis until my place of business was ready to reopen. It is so very easy to use and upload your resume, check off your preferences, select your salary preferences, your pay hourly preferences, and if you wanted to work remotely or at a physical location. It also allows you to set physical boundaries of how far you are willing to commute from your home, if you're looking for part-time or full-time or contract work. And the ZipRecruiter platform takes care of all the rest. I highly recommend this software for anyone who is hunting forehead job and does not want check the job boards daily, they also will let you know how many people searching for that position and how many spots are available. Definitely job hunting has become world's easier with this awesome platform. And although I have found new employment, albeit temporary, I will continue to use ZipRecruiter on a daily basis going forward until the next best thing comes along.

Pros

In the very unfortunate and trying times if the Covid-19 pandemic, many of us found ourselves either out of work or with extremely reduced hours or pay. Which unfortunately meant the dreaded thing no one wants to do, looking for a new job, a second job, a third job or a temporary job to fill the time until our old positions were back up and running. Not only did this mean job hunting, but considering the amount of people out of work, it often meant looking for jobs that were nowhere near your wheelhouse or for safety sake, were remote positions. ZipRecruiter made this as easy as one click on your computer or mobile device.

Cons

The only con I found with this software is really one that is self-imposed and can easily be turned off with the click of a mouse. And that is when Zip recruiter funds a position that based on your resume and your personal preferences. It got to the point where my phone was continually dinging or vibrating to let me know that a job was available that matched my preferences.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2020

Hi, Nicole! We are so glad you found ZipRecruiter during these trying times. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance with your search. Best! --TC

Darshan from intelliswift software

The Best Job Posting Software

This is the best software which we can use. I respect the customer service as they give you instant solutions for the problem faced at any time. Its lot worth than what is paid. Using it for a week you will be an expert in this. As i told you u’ll get a notification if a candidate applies for a job posting. We have a lot of such candidates who have got job in top 20 companies in US. If the above mentioned problem is sorted out i would like to give a rating of 10/10

Pros

it’s easy to use and also less complex it makes a user’s day easy. It has its own dashboard which make a user easy to Annalise the number of jobs posted and the total number of candidates to whom job posting to is reached. Advantage is that as soon as the candidates apply for the job posting we can get the mail instantly. This is why i call this as the best software and the cost of the software is a lot worth than what is charged. It has a customised job posting format which can be made use of because of this a lot time is saved and the way the job is posted will make a candidate go through the Job discretion easily. It has a lot of option in it like the addition of key skills, address, and the title of job, salary range, client name and the interview details. As so much of information is given about the job, candidates refer to Zip Recruiter due to which you can get a lot of candidates who are in search of job “more candidates give you more business that’s the logic". Arrangement of the options in the software is arranged in an excellent way. So it’s easy for a new user to understand the format and the process. Good customer service which i appreciate. As soon as you have any problem over software you can go through the help option were u’ll get the customer service support instantaneously which makes this software rank 1 compared to other.

Cons

Some candidates who are not relevant to the job posting will apply for the job that’s the main disadvantage. When a candidate applies of the job position we will get a notification but certain candidates profile cannot be viewed.

Carlos from Temps, Inc.

Good Job Seeking Website

My overall experience of using ZipRecruiter is good enough for me to post job openings and to apply jobs from trust worthy employers. I understand that this software isn't all good for people because they have problems with ZipRecruiter, but for me, it's great. I get email from ZipRecruiter that I applied jobs instantly. To me, I would use this software to seek jobs all over again. If anyone wants to find a good job hunting website to seek whatever jobs the people wanted to apply, I recommend ZipRecuiter software for anyone.

Pros

I signed up to be user of ZipRecruiter to find cool jobs that's very simple to use, and also for posting job alerts for anyone who wants needs notifications of upcoming job postings from companies in the country of United States of America. After using ZipRecruiter software for a long while, I believe this a a pretty well developed software. I liked that ZipRecruiter has an optional sign up social media feature for anyone who has their Google account, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media account to be linked with ZipRecuiter. The software can send emails to users of any job postings that match user's Resume and Cover Letter. The integration with the current business I'm working really helped me recruit many people who wanted to work with me in any place. I also see that ZipRecruiter has a Safety Red Flag button to allow job seekers to identify suspicious job postings and report it to the Trust and Safety Department, so they can view the job posting right away.

Cons

When I'm using ZipRecruiter software, I noticed that there are some features are missing that could've been used for the software. This software doesn't displayed the interview schedule availabilities set up for anyone who applied to a company and meet up for job interview. I can see that ZipRecruiters are working hard to eliminate job Scams posted by unknown employer of an unknown companies, but they still need to follow customer complaints about job postings that are considered a Scam. They should guaranteed they have a Verified Employer number and have Acceptable rating via Better Business Bureau. That way customers will be able to apply to jobs in all confidence realizing respected companies and will help benefit job candidates.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied May 2020

Hi Carlos! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your voice and support are very important to us. So you know, we have forwarded your feedback to our developers. We're always working hard to continue to improve our platform, and your voice helps us do that. If you ever have questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@ziprecruiter.com. Our agents are available 24/7! ~DW

Camillia from Primerica

There's No Despute Zip Recruit Will Land You A Job In Less Than A Week.

Overall I've gotten jobs within a week from Ziprecruiter that pays good money. I moved from NC to Maryland and I needed to find work and they solved that issue so quick I love zip recruiter and they helped me build a resume' with little experience. You can even download the resume' put it on other websites if you need to. I definately recommend this platform. I got like 7 jobs that called me back in less than a week! And I only put in 20 mins of work applying you cant beat that at all! Despite the scams it's really good to use. Just look up the companies on the Better Business Bureau and ask for their Employee ID # if it's a company you don't recognize or know. Simple gestures on your part can clearly override that part until they fix the Employers that can use there site. Total recommend overall.

Pros

I LOVE LOVE how easy it is to use. You can upload a resume' or create a profile on their system with ease. They have easy 1 click skills you can add to your resume' that makes you stand out. Even if you not that good with Resume's this platform will make you seem like you been doing them all your life. They have customized searching and geographic job searching you can even pick the mile radius on where your looking for work. So if I wanted a job with 5 miles of my home I can refine the search and BOOM it will only pull up jobs within a 5 mile radius. I absolutely LOVE that feature because I take care of my grandma and grandfather so I need to stay close by to the house. They require ALOT of my time so I dont have hours and hours to fill out applications. Zip Recruiter has taken that into account for you with 1-Click Applies. You just refine the search to 1-Click Applies only. And I'm telling you! I applies to like 30 jobs in less than 20 mins. It's so amazing. I mean like it's almost genius honestly. They automatically send your resume' to companies effortlessly. Some job require additional questions but they are quick and easy to do. And that's not all the companies respond to you quickly I'm talking same day sometimes. By the end of a week I'm trying t to choose which job I wanna pick which interviews to go to on. You can customize the type of jobs you want. It's like job applicator heaven. They send confirmation emails so you can keep track of where your applying.

Cons

The only drawback to this platform that I've experienced is some jobs are scams. Be weary of "Work From Home" jobs on here. Or any job that tells you to add them on What's app for an interview. I almost got scammed by one of them. I sell insurance so working from home isnt bad for me at all. It's almost plausible. But some companies aren't legit on this platform just be weary of it. Not all of them are like this. I've gotten job offers from great well known companies on this platform as well. They sent me a bad check but the bank caught it before I was able to place it into my account. Zip Recruiter should perform thorough in depth checks on the companies they enable to use their platform to ensure customers safety and peace of mind. They should ensure they have a Verfiable Employer # and have Acceptable an rating on BBB. That way customers can apply to jobs in confidence knowing each one is reputable and will benefit the applicant. Other than that I cant think of any drawbacks to using the platform at all.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. If you need assistance in the future, please contact our customer care team at support@ziprecruiter.com. We are available 24/7 and we are always happy to help! ~DW

Great tool for job posters, for job seekers, not ideal

Great as a business, so-so as a job seeker. Would recommend overall to businesses.

Pros

I loved it as a job poster - my boss had me utilize this to aid in sourcing candidates for the startup I was working for at the time. You got a ton of leads, they were very accurate, and the site itself was user friendly - you also were notified promptly and nothing went to Spam (I think there was a good value for the money versus LinkedIn Recruiter).

Cons

As a job seeker, you get a ton of irrelevant and automated postings. I know you can turn these off but they're very annoying, especially when they're totally off-base or below your requirements. It feels like you're being spammed.

COO suggested it.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied February 2020

Hi there, We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter! We do aim to provide the most relevant job suggestions possible. These are curated based on profile activity as well as keyword selections. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to help you modify these at any time! Please feel welcome to reach out to us directly. Best of luck! TC Customer Experience

Jamie from dDaniel Advertising

Quality vs. Quantity

Pros

Searching for a qualified candidate for open jobs can be a hassle. It seems that writing a resume is becoming a dying art. Personally, I remember being taught how to properly write my resume in High School and know that there are many, many templates available with just a quick Google search. However, in the instances where I was in charge of recruitment, I was faced with a dearth of properly-written resumes. I know, you're probably thinking, "Please stop being such a pretentious git; resumes do not technically NEED to be one-page, in grammatically-correct bulleted format." But consider: I'm hiring for positions where the ideal candidate needs to actually use words (properly, no less!) and needs to present a professional front when dealing with our clients. I simply cannot put my backing to a candidate that can't spell, has no idea what proper grammar might even resemble, and can't follow a simple template to create a resume. That's the nice thing about Zip Recruiter. Unlike other free, online resume-housing platforms, I've found that the applicant using Zip Recruiter is far more likely to have a proper, real resume, and not a loose collection of words masquerading as employment history. Plus, it is extremely easy to post available jobs and their descriptions. I also very much enjoy that we as a company are able to tailor our package to our needs. Do we only need to keep a handful of jobs active at any given time? They have a package for that.

Cons

I'd like to actually continue my thought from the "pros" section because I ran out of space. I really love that they have a tailored package for every conceivable recruitment level. Part of what our FULL-SERVICE agency does for our clients is post job listings. Because we are able to tailor the level of available listing slots we have, it is very easy for us to keep our clients' available positions front and center. Additionally, it is super convenient to be able to assign the clients' email address(es) to individual listings. This means that I don't have to micromanage the incoming resumes; they are automatically sent to the proper person. When you are juggling many things at once, not having to do something as mundane as forwarding incoming resumes out to the proper recipient is refreshing.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied February 2020

Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback and wonderful experience with ZipRecruiter! Our goal is to bring job seekers and employers, together. Our cutting edge technology is designed to make the hiring process as seamless as possible for our users. Additionally, our customer care team is dedicated and ready to assist at any time! The team is available 24/7, so please always feel welcome to contact us for questions or concerns. Thank you for letting us be a part of your hiring journey! Best, TC Customer Experience

Scott from Nerds Xpress

ZipRecruiter for finding talent versus finding work

Good as an employer, but not as a candidate. If looking for talent I recommend using them.

Pros

It`s a very good tool for uncovering candidates. Like all others, you take the good with the bad, but when I have used the tool in the past, I have been successful in making hires, some of whom were top-performers.

Cons

For the job seeker, the tool is not intuitive. When I have used it in my personal job searches, I received a lot of irrelevant leads, many of which were too junior or not at all related to my background. I even had a couple of sketchy opportunities come my way, but did not see an easy way to communicate with ZipRecruiter.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

The free trial was compelling and we received good results.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hello Scott, Thank you for sharing your review from both perspectives of a job seeker and employer. We value your feedback and offer 24/7 support for employers and job seekers too. We are glad to hear that you have made some great hires for some top performers on ZipRecruiter and we do our best to bring great talent to your job ads. We understand your concern with relevant positions on the job seeker platform and we have an alerts page with job title matching in which you can enter skill words to target the type of job you are seeking and this will send you alerts relevant to your search. Thanks for pointing that out and job seekers are able to email us directly at support@ziprecruiter.com for account support. Thanks for recommending our employer platform for those who are looking to post jobs and get great candidates. If you have any other concerns please reach out to us at 877-252-1062 and we will gladly assist you. Leticia, Tier III Support Customer Success Team

Meagyn from Falcon ITSS

Zip Recruiter Gets Us Great Candidates

I have been using Zip Recruiter for quite some time now and as a sub-contractor, it is important to find candidates that other firms are not finding. Zip Recruiter has come through for me multiple times in that aspect.

Pros

This software gives me access to candidates that a lot of recruitment firms do not have access to. The variety of candidates is superb and one of my favorite things is the preview of my search words that appear in the person's resume - that way i can see what context they appear in which helps me make a better selection.

Cons

I think maybe the relevancy of candidates that appear first could be better. i find good candidates mixed in to page 5 or 6 of candidates that are nowhere near what i am looking for. I also would like a salary search filter and US citizen and/or security clearacnce search feature . It could help narrow down 15 pages of candidates to 5.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied November 2019

Hello Meagyn, We appreciate your awesome feedback about using the ZipRecruiter service for your candidate search and thanks for your review! We are happy to hear that you are receiving some great candidates on our site and we are always here to ensure your experience is a good one. We truly appreciate your business and I am submitting your product feedback to our team, thanks for sharing it. I understand the need to have search filters that will make it easier and at this time we currently have the screening questions you can add to your job ads so you can screen the candidates, at this time we do not have a drop down option. We wish you continued success in obtaining great matches for your ads. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 or by email support@ziprecruiter.com and we are available 24/7. Leticia, Tier III Support Customer Success Team

Ian from SCW

Need good people for your company? ZipRecruiter is the BEST of the BEST

My overall experience with ZipRecruiter has been nothing short of outstanding. Our company has acquired 4 new software developers and 2 new sales members have been added to my team, all through ZipRecruiter! All 6 of these new employees have been crucial to the growth of our business. For that reason alone, ZipRecruiter has more than paid for itself and made our company a tremendous amount of revenue through new service and product offerings, as well as additional, qualified people to sell these new products. If you want to build a high quality team or expand your business, there is absolutely NO better tool than ZipRecruiter.

Pros

What I liked the most about ZipRecruiter was the ease of use and automation....and the results! We implemented ZipRecruiter at my company, and the process was extremely easy! Setting up our Employer account was absolutely no hassle, and their customer support was extremely quick to respond, professional, and helpful when we had some questions about our account. Additionally, it automatically scanned resumes to bring us the most qualified people for our new software development branch of business. We ended up hiring FOUR new software developers that have made it possible for our company to expand into the SaaS industry. It's been an awesome team building tool for us.

Cons

What I liked least about the software (which isn't a big deal) was their Employer Resource center didn't always work. Sometimes, we didn't want to go through the process of contacting customer service, so we wanted to access the employer resource center in their Support portal to find answers to questions for ourselves. Unfortunately, this page wouldn't load 30% of the time, so this meant delays in getting answers and requiring us to get on the phone to support. This was slightly frustrating a few times, but the performance of the software itself was outstanding and outweighed this minor nuisance.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We chose ZipRecruiter because it had a more intuitive resume search feature, as well as higher reviews. I also spoke to a salesperson that was outstanding at what they did. They sold me on this tool, and the results honestly exceeded my expectations. It has been great, and we plan on continuing use of our ZipRecruiter account.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied November 2019

Morning Ian, What an awesome review thank you so much! We are always happy to hear when ZipRecruiter works out so well for someone, couldn't ask for anything better. Tier ll Support

Ardittee from SMGI, Inc.

My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

Pros

Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

Cons

The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

Affordable and gets more results!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied October 2019

Hello Ardittee, Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, Your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company! If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are available 24/7. Kind Regards Customer Success Team Tier II

Brian from Western Governors University

For when you need a job, or a new employee, in a zip...

It gets exhausting submitting applications for available positions now that virtually all employers application process is now online. Having to enter the same information, over and over, turns the job hunt from being a propitious event full of hope and promise into a dull, dreary task full of monotony. Many times I have found a position I am very interested in and would qualify for, but end up not applying simply out of dread. As a result, many companies have missed out on the best employee for the job: me! ZipRecruiter turns the job hunt experience around on its head. It's based on the premise that today's fast-paced business environment leaves prospective applicants little time and impetus to apply for the open positions employers need to fill. In order to attract the best candidates for listed openings - many of whom are already employed and have time constraints - the new user on ZipRecruiter's platform "applies" for a "job" in the form of filling out their profile. From there, the user simply needs to peruse job listings, and when something of interest is found, he or she clicks on "apply" and for most positions, that's it, they are done - in a zip! Employers receive the profile data which serves as the application for the posted job, and their unique approach facilitates finding the best candidates for the position.

Pros

As a project work employee that relies on my employer being awarded relevant contracts, my job search for more permanent, suitable employment has been sporadic but ongoing for several years now. ZipRecruiter turns an otherwise off-putting chore into a simple, easy task, that lets the busy professional apply for job openings with one click and that's it for most listed positions.

Cons

ZipRecruiter's algorithm for recommendations matching job seekers with job openings could use some fine-tuning.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied August 2019

Hello Brian, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. We try to make finding a job as easy as possible. Good luck in your job search and thank you for letting Ziprecruiter be part of it. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

John from IBM

The best tool to recruit the high callibre candidates.

I have gained much of the benefits from the whole recruiting procedure which had allowed me to gain more insights about the right candidates and connecting me with them. It allows me to filter the high caliber candidates in a more efficient way rather than the standard channels which only brings out the available individuals. It always led me towards making the right choices for me as well as for my company.

Pros

The overall effectiveness of this tool depends on whom and from which industry sector you are trying to hire the candidates. There are some productive results from few campaigns and quite low for the other ones. Well, it is quite easy to post the required position without any kind of struggle at all and within few minutes its starts infiltrating the appropriate candidates for you. The ads are most visually pleasing and attracts more audience with creative content lines. We can also filter the right candidate for us by targeting specific candidates, location, education and experience. It is great recruiting tool specifically for the recruiters allowing them to improve the efficiency of their work.

Cons

This tool brings itself some serious issues that requires the attention of the users and the management. The foremost thing that requires utmost improvement is their own customer support which always doesn't responds to us in more directly way. They always try to lure us with some hefty pricey plans which are not even required at all. There's also abundance of notifications and alerts that we have to sort out manually. The recruiting process is somehow simplified with this tool but it is mostly same like mailing approach and not anything much better.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied July 2019

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We at Ziprecruiter want you to know that we want to provide the best customer service to you. We are also pleased you feel we are the best tool to recruit in hiring high caliber candidates. We are also glad to see that the ads are pleasing visible and can apply for positions within minutes. If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7! Dionne ZipRecruiter Customer Care

Beth from Sourced Hire

Good but not Great

I've stopped using ZipRecruiter do to Customer Service related issues. I was offered a lifetime discount and so many resume views per month upon signing up and then a year later was told that they were no longer honoring their initial offer and I should never have been offered that in the first place. That was it for me, I had a generally positive experience with them, but I can't pay money to a company that doesn' t keep their word, and they didn't care about keeping me as a customer either. No apologies or another form of compensation was offered, just a simple shouldn't have happened, sorry about your luck (without the sorry). So, I took my business elsewhere.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is a good product, but it also depends on who you are trying to hire. Some industries get a better response rate than others. I like the overall quality of applicants. It's easy to use the self-explanatory system. You generally start receiving applications within seconds of posting jobs, if it's in the category that does well with their audience.

Cons

Their system algorithm is a bit off; I will get a candidate they recommend to me that either doesn't have the right experience at all or has terrible job tenure but will have a "High" rating. I understand that they are not a deciding factor based on Job Tenure, but anyone who is a hiring manager knows that job tenure is significant. Another thing I didn't like about using ZipRecruiter is they recommend your jobs based on specific information that sometimes isn't' allowed to be shared upfront, like salary or client name and based on this you get a lower view rates and lower recommendations. It should be based solely on credentials of candidates applying that jobs are recommended too, NOT based on those things. Another thing I didn't like about ZipRecruiter is that locations have to be exact; you were able to post as a "work from home" or "remote" opportunities in the location option. They did have a tag for it, but then you couldn't specify industry because you had to tag it as remote and not say "healthcare."

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied June 2019

Hello Beth, Thank you for taking the time to submit this review as your feedback is very important to us! Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We also provide great free features to help increase your visibility, such as social media integration and job optimization. We want you to be able to make those hires quickly and efficiently and we understand how time consuming it can be to make the perfect hire! If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, we would be more than happy to walk you through those additional features. We are open 24/7 at Ziprecruiter for your convenience. Kind Regards, Tier II Customer Support

Sometimes Frustrating

I found that there were some different jobs on this site that weren't on others (careerbuilder, indeed). Applying was frustrating as described. There was no way to follow up. I felt like I applied and my application fell into a black hole. I never knew if the employer received it. Looking for a job is very frustrating and time-consuming. Better search criteria are SO helpful to narrow down opportunities and focus on the better fit opportunities. I did not receive one single "call back" on my application for the 2 + years I used this site to apply for positions. I had better luck with Indeed. (Additionally, Indeed is more favored by employers and I found more listings on that site.)

Pros

the job descriptions were usually clear and the "ad" was nicely laid out and visually appealing. Information about the job hours and benefits were clear so I didn't waste time applying for a position that I later found out didn' fit my needs. There was also the option of requesting a salary range if none was given. However, I found most employers did not respond to the request. The option of getting more information on a job is very appealing and it would have been a great feature to be able to offer that.

Cons

When you click on the apply, the site automatically sends your last saved resume and cover letter. Since I feel it is very important to customize the cover letter for the position, I was frustrated that if I clicked reply, my information was sent and there was no way to resend a cover letter. This was a big negative because I had a varied background and needed to emphasize why I was a good match. I also needed to explain my decision to switch careers and except a position that was a lot different than my previous one. Also, there was no way to follow up on jobs that I applied for. The information on some positions was not enough to make a decision whether to apply. I realize that information depends a lot on the employer but sometimes, the job description needed more "meat". I am an older professional and was not interested in applying for every job that listed in my field.

Ashwin from Engel and volkers

Reaching better potential employees

Wonderful. We hired multiple interns and ISA with this.

Pros

It is easier to post a job and add multiple tasks built in with the job description that helps us shortlist applicants easier.

Cons

Nothing in specific. I like it better than LinkedIn and indeed. Worked out better so far. Had better results with this.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hello Ashwin, We are so excited to hear that you have hired multiple candidates for the positions you posted on ZipRecruiter and thanks for your review! We know recruiting can be crucial and saving time is always good during this process, which is why we provide 24/7 service and make it easier to post jobs and screen candidates with our different free features you can use with the job ad. Its great you have used these tools to recruit. Thanks for choosing us over other job boards and we hope to continue to bring you the best candidates for your open positions. If you have any questions, we will be glad to assist you, just give us a call at 877-252-1062 anytime. Great day to you! Leticia, Tier III Support Customer Success Team

Chelsea from Bistro Barberet and Bakery

I love ZipRecruiter!

Overall, I love ZipRecruiter! The interface is extremely easy to use and appealing, everyones profile is very customizable, it's really easy and time effective when it comes to applying for jobs, and there's a vast range of positions listed. I've gotten multiple jobs through ZipRecruiter and I will most definitely continue to use them!

Pros

I love that you can customize your profile by adding things like references, desired salary, a photograph, achievements, etc. It's also really easy to use and the layout is very appealing. Nothing confusing about it! It's also soooo easy to apply to jobs with many of the applications being a "1-Click Apply". It can be so time consuming filling out applications with the same information every time, so I really appreciate that you don't have to do that with ZipRecruiter. It allows me to apply for more jobs in a shorter amount of time.

Cons

I think it's really cool that they have a "Suggested Jobs" tab, BUT the suggested jobs are sometimes not relevant. I've gotten job suggestions for positions that I'm not even close to qualified for.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hi Chelsea, Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. We love to hear that you found our platform and the features we offer helpful and easy to use! We greatly appreciate you using us whenever you are looking for employment! If you need anything else, please reach out to our Customer Success team at support@ziprecruiter.com. Kind Regards, Andrew Tier II Support

Stacie from IHOP

Zipidty

I was very satisfied with ziprecruiter foe a job myself and looking for contractors for many jobs in life.

Pros

Thank you I really like the fact that its like a one stop job shop to search a wide variety of of jobs and or contractors. It helps boom the business of sales in a wide area of life.

Cons

I don't enjoy the fact that it has its glitches or crashes. And or the photos you get the correct ones and they make you do it over and over.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

Zip has been the most efficient for myself and easy, fast, and no hidden agendas.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied January 2020

Hi Stacie, We're so glad you had a positive experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was useful. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process. If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at support@ziprecruiter.com We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

For me, ZipRecruiter features stand out and rise above the rest.

I am still evaluating the benefits, however, based on the features I have seen so far, and the ease of use - compared to the rest, it is currently the goto job search/employment application.

Pros

Like most job search sites, ZipRecruiter has the expected features for filling out a profile and uploading a resume. It does, however, have some really great standout features. The tailored suggested job notifications seem to really be in line with the types of positions that are appropriate based on recent searches or key-words. Far too often job alerts from other job search sites are a bit or way off-base from what the intended search goal is. The feature I like best is the notifications that alert you if your resume has been viewed, or if a viewer has given a thumbs up. Additionally, the metrics offered when a resume is viewed multiple times is great. For example, an alert may say "Your resume was viewed a second time - only 25% of applicants have a second view." I think this helps applicants keep a positive outlook and return to using the product. With other job search sites, after sending a resume, you are left in the dark. To top it off, this information is available whether you use the website or the ZipRecruiter mobile app. I use the Android version of the app, and the ZipRecruiter notifications are notifications I look forward to.

Cons

ZipRecruiter offers quite a full-featured job search product, and it is my favorite. If there was an area for improvement, I would say it is the references section. It would be nice to be able to either link to existing references and carry them over (for example via Linkedin) or copy and paste a reference with contact info for verification as an additional option rather than only having the option to ask for a reference.

Danah from Rev.com

Making job applications a breeze!

If you are looking for a fast and easy experience for looking/applying for jobs, ZipRecruiter should definitely be the first place you look at! It is one of my favorite job search engines out there, as it allows me to look at numerous job openings all at once. Saving some positions to apply to later can definitely come in handy when I need to be somewhere else, but if the quick apply option is there, that cuts down on my time and with just a click I am all done.

Pros

I have used ZipRecruiter to search and apply for many jobs, not only for me but for my husband as well. Here's what I love the most about it: - The ease of finding a job and location using the search tool. - The positions recommendations it gives (which leads to many other potential positions I may overlook), even in nearby locations of the zipcode I input. - The "Quick Apply" feature which saves me a ton of time of not having to enter my information again and again. - The ability to check back and look at all the "Applied Jobs" I've applied to. This gives me a way to check on the status of my application. Most importantly, I am able to see if the employer has or has not viewed my application.

Cons

Personally, I don't think the "Am I Qualified?" button is very helpful. I've tried it before, but it would have me enter my email and yet I wouldn't receive anything. Also, many times I would get an email that says that ZipBot has a message waiting for me and when I press on the link to check my messages on my account, I don't find any. Even when the message icon is clearly showing me that there are messages waiting for me, I can never seem to find any when I press on it. Also, I used to get a lot of emails about job recommendations which would completely overload my inbox. Yes, I would like to receive job recommendations to apply for, but not the amount that I was being sent on a daily basis. I wish there was an option to limit those.

Mary from Apex Heritage Group

Industry: Oil & Energy

Highly Recommend ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter makes in-house recruiting nice and easy. You know what you are looking for in candidates, so this helps you do it yourself. The investment is less than the cost of paying a third party recruiter or agency.

Pros

The steps for posting ads are straightforward. Rating resumes makes it very easy to save and categorize for future reference.

Cons

When you go "Back" to previous page, you lose your place while reviewing resumes.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

LinkedIn has a smaller candidate pool.

Chad from Justice Technology

Love ZipRecruiter

We have been using the solution for over five years now and they continue to make improvements and add new features

Pros

The admin / job creator section is extremely easy to use and it saves all of our current and previous job opportunities.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons. The company provides all the tools that we need to efficiently post positions and hire new talent so I would have to say there are really no cons regarding the solution

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hi Chad, Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. It's awesome to see that you have had such a great experience using our platform for so long! We greatly appreciate you using us for your hiring needs! If you need anything, please reach out to our Customer Success team at 877-252-1062 or support@ziprecruiter.com. We are available 24/7. Kind Regards, Andrew Tier II Support

Shelley from Rejoice Hearing Systems

Looking to Job or posting a job best site!!!

Overall a very positive experience looking for employment and finding employees. It is very easy to use yet sophisticated platform.

Pros

When looking for a job it is capable of helping you filter what you are qualified for or looking for per your previous job qualifications if you upload a resume. If you are looking for employees you can specify every detail you would like it to filter to find the perfect hire.

Cons

It cannot filter out people who are not the right match for the job or who are not in the right location occasionally. We would sometimes have individuals apply for GA that were in NY.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied January 2020

Hi Shelley, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by emailing support@ziprecruiter.com, available 24/7. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Tonisha from Holiday Inn Austin Airport

Useful Resorce

Pros

I love the ease of access when looking to staff the facility. I can easily review resumes and find the best candidate for the establishment.

Cons

I haven't found any flaws in this product. It is perfect!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied August 2019

Hi Tonisha, Thank you for submitting your review and your feedback is valuable to us. I am so happy you found the employer account easy to use and helpful when looking for new staff to employ and we do our best to ensure your experience is a positive one. I also wanted to introduce you to a new feature called invite to apply, its a free feature you can use for each job you post and invite potential candidates to your job and its a great way to get the word out that you are hiring as well. It also has a matching technology that works in the background to learn what kind of candidates you are searching for on each job ad. If you need further assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062 or by email support@ziprecruiter.com and we are available 24/7. Kind Regards, Leticia, Tier II Support Customer Success Team

Amanda from Gentell

Not as helpful as I thought

While zip recruiter did help me find many job postings, the postings that came up in my searches did not always apply to the position that I was looking for nor did they necessarily apply to the search dates and I was therefor often shown postings for jobs that were more than a month old and would likely not even be available anymore. The site was not nearly as helpful in finding a job as I thought it would be.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is easy to use and it does provide a decent amount of employment opportunity postings.

Cons

My biggest issue with ZipRecruiter is the reliability of the employment opportunities listed. Many times I have seen job postings and clicked on them only to find that they were actually misleading staffing agency postings that were posted in order to lure people into applying for a job that did not exist. Also, I did often find job postings that did not fit within the search range that I had put in as far as the date of the job posting was concerned.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied January 2019

Hi Amanda, Thank you for the time you've taken to provide us with your valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear of any less than pleasant experience while utilizing ZipRecruiter for your job search. We do aim to provide our job seekers with the most relevant search results possible. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to provide some helpful tips to get the most out of your job seeker profile! Please feel welcome to email us directly at support@ziprecruiter.com at any time. If you feel you have come across a job ad that may be against our terms of use, please contact our Trust and Safety team directly at trustandsafety@ziprecruiter.com. They will look into this and get back to you regarding these matters. We wish you the best of luck on your job search! Kind Regards, Tier III Support

Amy from United States Postal Service

Absolutely Useful Tool

We are solving the problem of having questionable employees who show up and then not being able to perform the job, and instead are getting highly qualified candidates that end up being one of our most talented employees.

Pros

I love the ease and overall the navigation of this software and how I can easily use all the tools to help implement finding good, talented individuals to come work for our company. So far we have had a good batch of employees come through, versus before when we used other candidate search engines, we kept getting some questionable individuals. Overall this is definitely worth the bang for your buck.

Cons

Overall I did not find any cons, the only con I can think of is the price point. But I would highly encourage you to look past the price and consider the options and talent it would bring to your company.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

Had the same reviews as when we tried indeed.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied November 2019

Hi Pamula, We're so glad you had a good experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process. If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7! Thank you, Dionne Tier 2 Support

Shaun from Chez Padgett'

If it's free, its ME!

One of the best sites I say to look for work out there that gives the user the ease of clicking and splitting. Looking for a job is stressful enough and you need to market yourself out there by putting in those applications at a larger scale. I highly recommend this site. Get your job search/hunt done in 20 minutes!

Pros

For one, the fact the site is absolutely free and has no strings attached when you are sending out applications. It is a stress-free website that has a user-friendly interface making it much easier to make customizations to your account, without searching everywhere. When you are out looking for a job, you don't want to waste so much time on ONE application, when let's be real, we need to put out 20 or 30 to get considered. This site actually allows you to click and split!

Cons

Some of the ads can be annoying getting you to apply to some marketing agency. But just make sure to really read the description before clicking.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hi Shaun, We're so glad you had a good experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process. If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at support@ziprecruiter.com We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Thank you, Tier 2 Support

Mia from Juno USA

Millennial switching industries.

Overall I’ve gotten more calls for interviews through this job board than anywhere else. This is definitely my go to over Indeed, Craigslist, etc.

Pros

I like that there are updates about most everything. I.e. when or how many times you resume is viewed, if the job has been closed and who you’ve sent your resume to but haven’t heard from. I can also easily share my resume.

Cons

My only critique is that I was the app was a bit more visually pleasing. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied September 2019

Hello Mia, Thank you very much for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7 Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Telnisha from Johnny Rockets

Best job finder

My overall experience with ZipRecruiter would be that its a really great app to download on your phone when looking for a job! Even customer service is fast responding and will help work with your needs when applying for a job .

Pros

What i liked most about this software was that I could easily make my resume one Time and than when applying for jobs on zip recruiter all i had to do was click apply and it sent all the info over to the specific job I was applying for. Time,speed and the outcome of me getting a job were all pros of this software.

Cons

I have to say the only thing i didn't quite like about zip recruiter was the amount of jobs available on this software. I would probably suggest adding more jobs. Keeping up with the amount of jobs hiring. I do think that would be the only con i can think of for this specific software.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied January 2020

Hello Telnisha, Thank you so much for leaving a review on ZipRecruiter your feedback is very important to us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy using our services and have had a good experience on your job search. We wish you the best of luck on your job search! If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at support@ziprecruiter.com We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Kind Regards, Tier II Support

Christopher from Nesco Resource LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

ZIPRECRUITER IS TOP NOTCH!!

I have had great success with the quality of this service/software. I will continue, as well as my company, to use this feature and benefit to help grow my office, as well as sourcing and recruiting candidates for my company. I am overall very impressed with the ease of use, and the total functionality of the software. ZipRecruiter has been an important part of the staffing industry, and a key element to my business growth.

Pros

ZIpRecruiter's software and functionality is second to none when it come to ease of use and overall productivity and response time. I always receive ample amount of candidates for the staffing and recruiting industry. And the software is overall the EASIEST I have used for sourcing and recruitment compatibility.

Cons

Their customer service and troubleshooting training is a bit sub par, but overall, when it comes down to it, there could be far worse. Sometimes it is difficult to get an answer right away if there is a technical issue that crops up. Also, there are FAR too many candidates that respond to a posting or requisition that are coming from totally DIFFERENT countries. I can't get a job for someone who lives in Saudi Arabia. So that is annoying on a whole.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied September 2019

Hello Christopher Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring process. We are glad that you are able to find qualified people and fast. If you ever need anything else, our team is available to you 24/7! Customer Care

Laura from Mason Frank International

Easiest Job Board to Use

Awesome experience with user support and results. Technical recruiting requires the highest attention to detail in overall qualifications, and ZipRecruiter delivers both!

Pros

Simplified user experience and any time there is an administration requirement needed, the help-desk is always extremely fast!

Cons

All job boards experience unqualified applicants, however ZipRecruiter has the least amount of unqualified applicants in my opinion. I handle high-level technical recruitment and my experience has been great!

Price and results.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied July 2020

We're so pleased to hear this, Laura! Our dedicated customer care team is available 24/7 for your convenience and ease. Should you ever need any assistance with your account, we'll be here to help. :) --TC

Jillian from self-employed

Commitment to the search

Love that i get updates on local positions and the emails are personal and sent with actual concern for me to find the best choice thats right for exactly what im looking to find!

Pros

Its easy and fun to use. The site has updated information about the positions hiring in the searched location. Daily emails with suggestions for matches to your own personal career choices.

Cons

More companies should use this software. It seems that many competitor sites are used but this site should be the number one choice of all employers seeking to fill positions.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hello Jillian, I am so happy to hear that you found ZipRecruiter so easy and fun to search for candidates! Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. Please let us know if you have any questions at anytime at support@ziprecruiter.com Tier ll Support

Whitney from St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf

Zip Recruiter Review

I think it is a good tool to use whether you are looking for a job or looking for someone to fill your job opening within your organization!

Pros

I have used this software on both sides of the coin. I have used it as someone looking for a job, and also as someone who was looking for an employee for a job I was currently employed too. From the looking for a job stand point, I think this software is very helpful. Actually, the interviews that I got while looking for a job were from organizations reaching out to me on Zip Recruiter, not me sending in my resume to organizations. I really like that the organization has to reach out to you, then you know they are really interested and you are not just sending your resume into someone who already has their candidate picked for their job.

Cons

On the side of looking for someone from inside an organization, I have found it somewhat difficult to teach older generations how to use the software. It is very opposite of what they have in their mind when it comes to finding someone to fill a job opening. They have a hard time approaching people instead of the candidates coming to apply.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

The difference of us approaching a candidate and them not seeking us.

David from Consultant

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy, lots of leads but not always a match

I used it daily for months at a time during my job transitions.

Pros

I love how easy it is, and how many responses I get. It's easy to submit my info and I do get responses.

Cons

I do sales and programming, but the matches I get include nuclear physicist. While I appreciate the compliment, it doesn't help with the search.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied October 2019

Hi David, Thanks for sharing your review and we are so happy to hear you had a great experience while searching for a job on our site. Looking for a job can be difficult and at times, frustrating and we understand that these may not always be a perfect match. We do our best to match you up with jobs that we think you would be a good fit for according to your profile information, I would recommend to enter your skills on your profile to get aligned with jobs in your skill set. It's such a pleasure to assist you and feel welcome to email our dedicated customer care team at support@ziprecruiter.com. We wish you the very best of luck on your job search. Leticia, Tier III Support Customer Success Team

Lindsey from Golden Floor

Not a Great Return of Investment

Overall, I wasn't happy with the process or the lavishness of ZipRecruiter and didn't feel I got any kind of return on the investment I made with them. Granted, the position we were trying to fill is very specialized, but I have had better luck with other sites that weren't as expensive.

Pros

As a company, we needed to hire employees who had experience in our industry and we needed to hire quickly. I turned to ZipRecruiter for assisstance. At first, it was great. Customer service walked me through everything, made suggestions, helped to edit our ad and make it available to relevant areas and varying states. We were given several options as far as cost and we felt confident on the prospective employees we were hoping to recruit. At first glance, ZipRecruiter seemed to be a good route for finding employees.

Cons

When we were talking to the ZipRecruiter representative, he gave us many options on locations to post our ad, and varying costs of length of time it was going to be available. He was a salesman. He was trying to sell us on some grand plan that would span several regions, being able to post several jobs, and offer all these options. However, as a small company, we weren't looking for some novelty recruiting process with all the bells and whistles. I told him exactly what we needed and the budget and it suddenly turned to a different tone of conversation. We decided on a plan and went from there. While setting up our available position, I was able to set up screener questions to help narrow down candidates. I have done previously with other recruiting sites and knew exactly what questions I needed to ask. To my dismay, the ZipRecruiter rep kept changing my questions! I would change them back to find that they have once again been edited. Upon that, I was displeased with the response I got of applicants and didn't even end up making a single hire. I turned to the other site we have typically hired through and had much more success.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2018

Hi Lindsey, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I know how important it is to make those hires (specialized position or not) and apologize if you weren't able to do so using our system. If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, I would be happy to personally assist you. Please reach out to me personally at support@ziprecruiter.com with the subject "Attention Maxcine" and I can make sure you are set up for success. Maxcine Assistant Supervisor

Laura from Palms to Pines Photography

Industry: Photography

Great for finding jobs!

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate the site. I can narrow down my job search to very distinct categories and it makes it very easy to find the perfect job by doing this. I can easily navigate by region, location, or type of job, and I can fully customize and save my search for whatever type of job I am looking for at the time.

Cons

Sometimes the jobs that are listed on Zip Recruiter for photography aren't always legitimate jobs, and I wish that there was a way to vette the employers who are able to post on Zip Recruiter. Also, there can be spam from different companies that gets blasted across the forums so it can be difficult to navigate through a bunch of random jobs that have nothing to do with what your search was.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied January 2020

Hi Laura, Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. We are glad to see you find the platform so easy to use and use filters to find the jobs that fit you best. Also, we understand the importance of making sure the employers and job postings on our site are legitimate. If you feel you have come across a suspicious job posting please go to ziprecruiter.com/trust and fill out the form so our Trust & Safety team can investigate. If you need anything else, please reach out to our Customer Success team at support@ziprecruiter.com. We are available 24/7 and would be more than happy to assist! Kind Regards, Andrew Tier II Support

For so much more than just hiring.

To start, nothing beats having a software turn out to be both easy and fun to learn, so when I came across ZipRecruiter as being a potential option for reaching candidates for open positions within the company I had to try it out. The entire process went as smoothly as you could imagine, with every step laid out with an incredible amount of detail and explanation to back it up. I was a bit nervous at first due to my lack of previous experience with hiring softwares, but that didn’t end up mattering at all because once I started to get into the groove of inputting all of the information into our company’s very first job posting, it felt as if I had known how to operate this program all along. I can’t begin to explain what a relief that was for me after having dabbled with other programs of the category and failing miserably at creating what the owner was looking for. I check in on our company account every day to see who has applied to open positions, which is another feature they have made to be easy enough for the newest of users to learn in no time at all.

Pros

The best part of the software was how well it does with introducing you to the way it works and takes you through each step of the process so nothing gets left to your imagination. They send updates and notifications to your email inbox that direct you to leads matching the criteria you input into your search.

Cons

I honestly feel as though it would be wrong to say that I have found something about this software that hasn’t hit the mark for me, because every time I have used it I have grown more fond of it and all that it does for me and for the company I work for.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied May 2020

We so very much appreciate your valuable feedback! Thank you for being a dedicated ZipRecruiter user. We're always here and happy to help! --TC

Sherry from Aon

Good, but could be better!

I like this software, but it could be and needs to be so much better. I get prospective job listings, but then those same jobs are also listed on all the other job boards too.

Pros

The 1-click apply is a nice feature. I love that there is an app for the phone available. ZipRecruiter has teamed up with Google and ADP to allow the best possible results for job seekers and those needed to hire.

Cons

Suggested jobs show jobs that (in job title) list keywords that do not exist in my resume (example: engineer). Jobs dismissed previously return when you search again. There should be an option to exclude jobs previously dismissed. Jobs I have already applied appear in suggested jobs, and it is not until I click on "1-click apply" that I then see "You have applied". There should be a feature to "tag" the jobs you have applied 1) at the company website or 2) from another job board (LinkedIn, indeed, etc,...). I do not want to be applying to the same role from multiple jobs, and most companies and/or recruiters post everywhere. On the mobile app (android), the jobs without the 1-click apply have issues loading the job description. I would like to be able to review the description, and then save the jobs I am interested in for when I can get to my computer and apply.

Renee from Gemcare

My go to for work

I love the one click send option it's the best way to easily apply for jobs in your area one after another

Pros

The I have is very useful to use when creating a resume for work it's very laid out easily instructed so there is no way to fail at setting up a resume the recruiter does the work for you finding jobs that are based on your work experience I definitely recommend using ZipRecruiter if you're trying to advance your career set up a profile for yourself the links that it is connected to is also useful because it's easy click to apply you don't have to constantly keep putting in your information with one click your resume is sent

Cons

it's really hard to select notifications without it overwhelming your inbox and making it look like spam because it doesn't DaVinci 8 between spam emails and real jobs so you have to be careful on some of the links that you click because they are just Spam emails

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied May 2020

Thank you for using and reviewing our platform, Renee! We appreciate your wonderful feedback and rating. ~DW

Mary from Education Management

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Hire the Right Employees - At a Cost

ZipRecruiter, while expensive, has given us results that make it more than worth the cost. Their customer service has also been top notch and has provided real support in our search for good hires.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is easy to use and really helps our company target the right employees for the job. We have had almost no turnover using this software to find people to join our team. It is easy to use and is looked at by a talented pool of prospects.

Cons

Ziprecruiter comes a relatively expensive cost compared to other software that we have used (and continue to use). Indeed, for example, is free and provides us with decent results, though not on par with the quality that comes in from ZipRecruiter.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We use a combination of products when we need to hire, bu ZipRecruiter is our "premium" product and has delivered moreso than the other options.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Replied December 2019

Hi Mary, We're so glad you had a good experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process. If you need anything else, our Customer Success Team can be reached 24/7 email at support@ziprecruiter.com We very much appreciate your business and will provide whatever assistance necessary so that you're successful. Thank you, Tier 2 Support

Displaying 1 - 50 of 7,500 reviews