Showing 1-20 of 188 products
SAP Litmos is a cloud-based continuous learning platform that unifies learning management, the extended enterprise, prepackaged content and a content management system to meet organizations’ training needs. SAP Litmos is SSAE 16... Read more
Recent recommendations: 126 recommendations
Docebo is a cloud-based LMS solution to provide training programs for employees, partners and customers. Docebo serves various industries including IT, technology, retail, consulting, healthcare, manufacturing, energy, oil and gas. Docebo... Read more
Recent recommendations: 89 recommendations
Bridge is an employee development platform built specifically for employees and managers. It provides peer-to-peer practice, live in-person training, external learning, online courses, mentorship, manager 1:1s, goal tracking and peer... Read more
Recent recommendations: 82 recommendations
Inquisiq is an adaptable LMS solution that provides eLearning, instructor-led and on-the-job training on a single platform for effective employee development programs. Inquisiq is used by businesses of varying size in a variety of... Read more
Recent recommendations: 80 recommendations
CoreAchieve is a cloud-based learning management solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to content creation, compliance, audio/video employee training and more. Professionals can utilize the platform to develop... Read more
Recent recommendations: 60 recommendations
Absorb LMS is a powerful cloud-based learning management system (LMS) designed to boost engagement and learning outcomes, while still being incredibly scalable and usable. Clients marvel at how quickly they can get up and running,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 59 recommendations
SkyPrep LMS is a cloud-based learning management solution that offers a platform to training administrators for creating, managing and selling training courses. Key features include custom branding, automated learner enrollment and... Read more
Recent recommendations: 41 recommendations
Over 1,200 global enterprises on 6 continents are leveraging 360Learning's Collaborative Learning Platform to meet skyrocketing demand on L&D. The platform's collaborative authoring tools, built-in feedback loops, and learning analytics... Read more
Recent recommendations: 34 recommendations
Designed for customer, employee, and partner training, NextThought is a learning management platform built for teams. NextThought empowers team leads to implement training programs to support learning, upskilling, and reskilling within... Read more
Recent recommendations: 26 recommendations
Skip the classroom, train anywhere. Mindflash's cloud-based e-learning platform provides a simple, training solution for employees working from home, in the office, or in the field. We make it easier for business leaders to enable... Read more
Recent recommendations: 25 recommendations
Moodle is a cloud-based learning management solution that provides businesses and educational institutions with tools to design customizable training courses. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to track course... Read more
Recent recommendations: 22 recommendations
eLearning Cloud is a cloud-based learning management solution (LMS) from VAIRKKO that enables organizations to provide training to their employees. The solution allows users to distribute learning content to company employees, create... Read more
Recent recommendations: 14 recommendations
Edvance360 Learning Management Software is a cloud-based learning management system that provides online learning programs for K-12, higher education and corporate training departments. The system features online lesson management,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 10 recommendations
iTacit is a workforce app designed to simplify communication and improve engagement between employers and teams. This solution is suitable for organizations in various industries including healthcare, government, banking, manufacturing,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 10 recommendations
Thought Industries offers a cloud-based customer training platform designed to suit the needs of business across multiple industries including software, manufacturing, professional training, continued education, continued medical education,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 8 recommendations
Brightspace from D2L is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that helps K 12 institutes, higher educations and corporate organizations run both blended and fully online courses. Brightspace comprises of three integrated platforms... Read more
Recent recommendations: 7 recommendations
OpenSesame is an elearning course provider that offers more than 20,000 courses covering business skills, safety, compliance, technology, industry-specific and certifications, and it is suitable for the training needs of organizations... Read more
Recent recommendations: 7 recommendations
Crowd Wisdom is a learning management system that services the corporate extended enterprise market along with the association market. Its cloud-based services allow customers to provide a branded learning portal along with truly custom... Read more
Recent recommendations: 5 recommendations
Accord LMS supports online courses, instructor-led training, certification and compliance management, gamification, and more. HTML5 content authoring, webinars, eCommerce and HRIS synchronization are fully integrated. Drag-and-drop... Read more
Recent recommendations: 4 recommendations
Cornerstone OnDemand is a cloud-based performance management solution. It enables users to recruit talent, customize learning initiatives, generate compliance reports, prepare high performers for succession and more. Cornerstone can... Read more
Recent recommendations: 3 recommendations
If you're in the healthcare industry, you know that its processes and standards are detailed (sometimes nuanced) and they evolve regularly. And, if you run your own practice, you'll agree that occasionally taking physicians and staff off work to train them on the nuances and changes is vital for your business.
Regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) stipulate all health care practices follow proper and up-to-date clinical guidelines and best practices.
However, selecting one healthcare learning management system (LMS) from among hundreds on the market can be overwhelming. That's why we've created this Buyer's Guide to detail everything you need to know before making the final purchase decision.
Here's what we'll cover:
What Is Healthcare LMS Software?
Healthcare LMSs are software platforms designed to help medical practices manage their online learning programs, without removing them from their core responsibility (i.e., patient care) for too long. The software allows users to build relevant training modules for internal use by physicians and other medical staff.
Administrators can create course catalogs, schedule and assign courses and track course completion status. Physicians and other staff can view their course catalog, enroll or cancel a course offering and launch e-learning modules.
Track course completion status in Docebo LMS software
Common Features of Healthcare LMS Software
Vendors offer a variety of functionalities in their healthcare LMS solutions. However, most offer some or all of the following capabilities:
|Compliance and certification management||Allows small practices to track the learning requirements and compliance of physicians and staff. Administrators can set up, track and manage certification programs.|
|Learning management||Allows users to organize and simplify training or learning modules based on their specific learning requirements. Includes processes such as managing user details, scheduling and tracking course enrollment, distributing content, tracking course completion status etc.|
|Content authoring||Allows users to build courses using in-house generated content.|
|Videoconferencing||Allows users to collaborate, learn and share insights and knowledge by hosting webinars and supporting the learning objectives of peers.|
|Mobile learning||Allows users to access the software and complete courses on mobile devices, such as phones or tablets.|
|Social learning||Allows users to utilize features such as live chat, content ratings, course sharing and commenting, course discussions, email and text notifications and individual learner blogs to interact with one another within the LMS.|
To further understand these features and learn about LMS vendors, call our advisors at 855-998-8505 for free, no-obligation help. They'll help you narrow down your options by listening to your requirements and recommending the best-suited solutions for your practice.
What Type of Buyer Are You?
Before you start evaluating healthcare LMS software options, you'll want to know what buyer category you belong to. Most buyers will fall into one of the below categories:
- Solo physicians: These buyers have simple requirements and are mainly looking to keep up with the latest health management techniques and compliance regulations. Due to relatively smaller budgets, they should start with a best-of-breed solution offering functions such as compliance and certification and learning management.
- Small practices (three to five physicians): These buyers have relatively more medical staff. As a result, they may require additional features such as content authoring and videoconferencing, based on specific learning and collaboration needs.
- Medium and large practices (more than five physicians): These buyers typically need a complete healthcare LMS suite. They need a single system that controls all their learning, development and compliance needs. They will likely prefer a system that centralizes all information and may even integrate with their other existing systems, such as their electronic medical records (EMR) software.
Benefits of Healthcare LMS Software
While some of the benefits of healthcare LMS software should be clear from our discussion above, we've called out the most notable ones below:
- Better learning and development management: A medical practice's most important assets are its physicians and medical staff. The quality of patient care depends on the physician's knowledge and the staff's expertise. Healthcare LMS systems help physicians and medical staff to constantly develop their knowledge and skills, leading to better patient care.
- Quick deployment of the latest training material: New clinical research and technological advancements are changing healthcare procedures, best practices and regulations frequently. To stay updated, healthcare courses and training materials need regular updates. Healthcare LMS system helps medical practices achieve this task.
Here are some important questions to consider before you purchase health care LMS software:
- Is the software scalable? Ask your shortlisted vendors about the scalability of their products. Scalability becomes essential as your practice grows, and the software should be able to handle your expanding needs. For instance, if you plan to hire more physicians and staff in future, the software must be able to handle additional users and the increased amount of data/content, as well as align specialty-specific users with relevant content.
- Does the vendor offer customer support? Find out whether the vendor offers support 24/7, only during business hours or not at all. In addition, ask about available support options, such as email, phone or live chat. As you're mostly busy providing patient care, you won't have much time to go through LMS software user manuals to solve your technical queries. So, efficient customer support is critical.