• Pros

• "Very easy to use and has excellent customer support"

• "Versatile, well organized, easy to learn. Free until you get going."

• "The ease of use in creating course content - adding lessons, videos, images, and more. It is a great program to start with even if you are new to creating a course."

• Cons

• "There are no big cons with Thinkific. That said, the progress bar has been confusing for some of our students. Replaying courses can be slightly confusing for them too."

• "I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough."

• "user statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz. "

Browse Thinkific Reviews

Pamela from Lyra Sekmet productions Inc

This is where I have my courses

Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Thinkific had the ability to upload docs in the discussion area of courses. And doesn't charge a transaction fee.

Lucas from EAST Partnership / Marino Consulting Services LLC

Thinkific Rocks!

Excellent! I appreciate the outstanding product, fair prices, ease of interface and ability to easily build and delivery QUALITY courses. I haven't required customer service (that's a good sign!). I love the product and will definitely stay here!

Pros

The intuitive nature of your interface is extremely helpful for both course designers and students. As a site and course administrator, I'm exceptionally impressed with the ease of use. Thank you for incorporating finance management functions. Sleek design, ease of use, great price point. Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

Cons

I really need to market courses via social media with the least number of accounts and steps. It would be awesome if you could integrate some social media marketing tools into the site rather than link accompanying providers. The more I can do WITHIN thinkific, the better. The same applies for business functions like website management, sales of non-course materials (e.g., printed books, e-books), and perhaps QuickBooks

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Price and ability to scale my costs via the Pro Growth plan. I really liked the Matrix site itself but couldn't justify the price as soon as I saw the Thinkific plans and the product. Your site is excellent!

Farah from Debug N Code, LLC

Good overall with critical limitations for teaching online live

Good. They have excellent customer support and they responded to me quickly even during busy times. I actually recommended them for a company that has recorded videos and could benefit from using a modern LMS to share their recorded lessons.

Pros

I think I like the idea of the software. There are alternatives. I think I picked Thinkific first because they have clear description about their software, seemed reputable and seemed like they have good customer service and responsiveness. Their website is nicely responsive for different screen sizes. Although the theme itself is limited, and you are on your own to customize it, I felt that the drag and drop choices for the editor covered everything I need.

Cons

There were critical limitations that I felt decreased the value of the software for my business. The first thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that the website you build for your business through their LMS software would publish to the public immediately as you save the changes. I look thoroughly through the website theme settings, but there was no way to keep the website as "password protected" or "private" before it is published. As a result, I felt I should hold on about sharing important details until I write the entire content of the website, then drag and drop the content for the layout, and then put the content. After that first issue, I felt less excited. There were other limitations that resulted in me losing interest. I didn't feel like I want to pay to customize my website with HTML and CSS. importing your own website website was not a convenient option. My courses were live online but their website had no way of sharing the time on the website based on the user local or system time. I would have to pay for their Pro plan and do it myself with javascript. I could look up and learn how to do it, but I didn't want to. I felt like the software was good for only recorded content. The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest. Finally, I saw that they charge a flat fee for each student plus their monthly fee, for any student after the 100th student. I decided not to move forward with them.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

I ended up not choosing Thinkific and went with an alternative.

Jessie from Embodied Movement

Launched my first course!

Overall I'm super happy with my experience. I've spent the last few months editing my course based on feedback from the beta and am almost done setting up my first official launch. Excited to keep growing here!

Pros

I spent last year writing my first professional training course and was looking for a platform to use for the beta run. I wanted something that could handle the multi-media aspect of the delivery of my course, but that was also easy to set up for a non-techy beginner as I didn't have an assistant to set it up for me. Thinkific fit this need perfectly.

Cons

If anything the aesthetic of the platform could be a bit better (personal preference). While it is easy to follow it's just not as sleek as I'd like. And as a non-web-designer, I'd like to be able to customize the course landing pages to fit my brand with a bit more DIY ease.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Drag and drop course set up was super easy and had all the features I needed in the basic option.

Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!

Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros

I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons

I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Payment portal and customization features.

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Easier to configure and set up and did not require additional setup or management.

Karen from ActionCOACH Foundation

Thinkific Learning Management System

Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

Pros

I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

Cons

I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Capabilities, particular strengths in online learning management, ease of use, price, customer support

Joe from ePaymints

The Best Online Course Creator

We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros

Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Because Teachable's support was terrible during the initial "learning the ropes" phase.

Ana from Go Forth and Hustle

Empowering me to impact more entrepreneurs!

Pros

Building the sales page was ridiculously simple. The templates kept the process streamlined and allowed for simple edits as needed. Love the opportunity to build my course with so many options for various types of learners and delivering content in different ways to keep students engaged.

Cons

In the course management page, I would love the ability to map out the various elements within each section, even if I don’t have the content ready to upload yet (ie, I want a video to go here and a worksheet to go there, but they aren’t complete yet)

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

User reviews and Black Friday deal! I had to try it out and have been very pleased so far.

Sharon from PRA Global

Feel Confident in the Basics

Thinkific is a strong performer for the price. It covers a lot of ground for course management needs from the all sides: student, teacher and administrative. You get many capabilities for video, text, downloads, discussions that serve different learning styles. The login, registration and payment system works well. Support can get you through even non-standard apps connections though it takes time and back/forth on email and phone.

Pros

Thinkific covers course the basics very well. It also provides strong administrative functions to support the student and teacher. Payment works well too.

Cons

The question import and question change functions need to be improved. Currently, they are unwieldy and time consuming. Support could be easier to connect to. But, as seems to be everywhere, you have to start with an email or chat.

Luis from Ockham Legal

All you need to kickstart your online courses business without breaking the bank

I am very satisfied with Thinkific. I was able to have a professional way to sell online courses in a few days and without much effort in setting up the pages and systems. Very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Whether it's the process of storing, structuring and promoting courses, or engaging and paying affiliates who promote them. Apart from the design that could be improved, the user experience (from end to end) is simple and intuitive.

Cons

The design/interface of the course pages is not very modern when compared to other alternatives and has limited customization options. It lacks features for creating and boosting a community (increasingly important these days).

Linda from Inclusive Leadership Co-operative

With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses.

We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

Pros

We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

Cons

I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country. I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American. We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts. Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform. Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

Michelle from Michelle Grasek Digital

Outstanding course-hosting platform that makes your life easy

Overall the experience has been excellent over the past four years. I have to add that the Thinkific Helpdesk is genuinely helpful, and their response time is lightning fast. They have an option for "how urgent is your issue?" when you submit your help ticket, and if you select "urgent," they actually get back to you very quickly, as in, within a few hours. This is essential when your income comes from your course website and you need help updating or fixing something!

Pros

I love that Thinkific is comprehensive so I get to focus on content creation and student outreach. Thinkific manages the payment portal and moves students smoothly through the course experience. In a lot of ways, it's set-it-and-forget-it, meaning - once you have a course set up the way you want inside Thinkific, students move through it beautifully and all you have to worry about is getting new students!

Cons

My only suggestion for Thinkific would be to provide a few more options for testimonials layouts on the sales/landing pages. I'd like more flexibility and options to showcase or emphasize certain student experiences... but otherwise, I wouldn't change anything.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

I had experience with Thinkific as a student and as an affiliate for someone else's courses, and I like the dashboard layout for both. I already knew it was a strong product so decided to go for it!

Wendy from Retirement-Online.com

Thinkific works for me!

No benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me. I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally! Pure FUN!

Pros

Thinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy! Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add. Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)

Cons

I only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :) I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!

Cheryl from BCM Family Enterprises

Great Option

I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros

I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons

At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

In the end, I didn't. I switched FROM Thinkific, for the reasons stated above. If Thinkific had already had the community feature at the time, I might not have done so.

Anne from A to Z Pirate Booty

Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!

It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

Pros

I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

Cons

As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

Dan from TUNE

Good for small, basic needs

Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

Pros

The way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.

Cons

Reporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.

Waleed from Khyber Medical college

Industry: Mental Health Care

No brainer choice of course management software

I researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.

Pros

Free to get started Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific Perfectly beautiful themes Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific

I already explained it.

Korinne from Thrive Coaching & Training

Customer Service Very Disappointing

Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros

I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons

The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

Susan from Susan McVea Consulting Inc.

I've tried WP plugins for courses as well as Teachable. Thinkific has been phenomenal.

Pros

It's mobile friendly for my students. It's a very simple to use a system which means even if you're, not super tech you can make it work. I get awesome student feedback on how easy Thinkific is to use, especially on the go. It's got great reporting and you get paid right away instead of having your money held up. Even on the free account which is awesome to better manage cash flow needs. I also love that you can see how your students are progressing and where people might be getting stuck on your content.

Cons

Probably the only big negative for me is that is I want to include writing below my video training it doesn't show the student how long the video is or even that there's a video there at all. So sometimes people have missed training parts because of the formatting of their system. Not the biggest deal, but I like to streamline my lesson by putting a small blurb under the video and the easiest way to do this means it doesn't show up as a video on the sidebar for the student.

Heather from StorageMart

Great for out-of-the-box solution

At a previous employer, I chose Thinkific to build out a model for a course my CEO wanted to test before commissioning an app. While the final product wasn't quite as smooth as what we were working toward, it looked great for an ecourse and was light years beyond anything the competition was producing. It was easy to use and integrated beautifully with other apps through Zappier.

Pros

Thinkific was incredibly easy to use to create a professional course and corresponding website. It was well laid out and actually made the process enjoyable. I was especially pleased with how the website turned out and how seamlessly it integrated with the course.

Cons

There was very little I disliked about the platform. It was difficult to tailor the course quite the way I wanted it at times, but I could always find a workaround.

Katie from Katie McBrien The Sea Shaman

Love it!

I got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.

Pros

I really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good. Pro's: Easy to use & navigate Helpful tutorials Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses Clean crisp look Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's

Cons

Pricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.

Enrrique from CANTV

Project your career by making your courses known on the net

An excellent way to place and sell your courses on the net, making you gain prestige in the online educational area.

Pros

A very easy to use application that projects your career as an instructor and educator, you can sell the courses to students or companies, allowing you to take better advantage as it allows you to enlarge your professional profile, showing the courses you have done and who and how many have seen, making you notice in the professional area, it is quite complete and easy to use, with an attractive cost for the market.

Cons

I think they should improve a little the visual and design area, to make it more pleasing to the eye, allowing you to customize more each course and let your imagination fly to catch a larger audience, doing this would improve even more this excellent application.

Julie from Therapeutic Movement Seminars

Incredible course creation platform!

A++

Pros

I love using Thinkific and wish I'd found it sooner! If I have any questions, their customer service response is outstanding and they even follow up with an email covering the details discussed. The training videos and course guidelines are so helpful. It's so easy to make edits and update course content any time. Stripe is a good company that allows us to sell courses in many other countries, bonus! I'm not tech savy so this program fit like a glove. Thank you so much for your committment to helping others by creating an incredibly user friendly and highly functional program.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a course instructors signature to the certificates and better options in the certificate blocks.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

You were highly recommended.

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

Our own website couldn't handle to sheer volume of content in our online courses. The site kept crashing so we decided to start over. We did our research, a web designer recommended Thinkific and I'm so happy he did!

Linda from Inclusive Leadership Co-operative

Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform

We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros

Versatile, well organized, easy to learn. Free until you get going.

Cons

- Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box). - Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

Hansome from Financial Vortex

Hansomekelly

Covers literally all of my needs and services

Pros

The different type of quizzes that I can offer

Cons

The growth package monthly payment per student

Price, quality, user friendly

Sunraj from VastuRaviraj

An all round course conducting platform

My experience has been fantastic to be honest and I intend to continue using it further.

Pros

It negates the need to spends thousands of dollars for a LMS website. You really don't need to be a software literate to build this and start using it on the go.

Cons

The users should be trained on how they can land their websites on Search Engines. Even a small fee will be justified, but training will help take this further. Also, more Payment Gateway options should be made available directly and not through Zapier.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Because the pricing worked for me and Thinkific has all the features one would need to publish their courses.

Monica from Learn By Design School

The best eLearning platform for beginners and experts

Pros

I have produced more than 200 online courses and used several platforms. Thinkific is my favorite. I have three schools there. It's easy to use, clean design, and the upgrades are customer-centered.

Cons

I don't like the new admin organization. It's text heavy and not intuitive. I prefer simple headers like courses, users, admin, etc.

Susan from Getting Out from Going Under Publishing

The answer to my prayers! Needed a home for a free flagship course. Thinkific has a free version!

I was able to easily launch a free flagship course. It enabled me to provide a needed service to students without having to charge them by giving me the option to host the course at no cost.

Pros

I searched and searched for an affordable way to host my free Fearless Budgeting training program for compulsive spenders. I tried a couple of sites before launching, but they all had problems and were difficult to use. When I found the free plan on Thinkific, I was blown away. It was so easy to set up and everything just flowed. I had one issue with the sort order of multiple download files. Customer service was great and helped me figure out how to sort them properly within a couple of hours. It was incredibly easy to set up the two courses (total of 50 lessons) and two additional products. My products and courses look professional. Oh, and I love the student discussion forum, which I've used to let students know about an update to one of the courses and an upcoming Q&A call. Plus, I was able to easily integrate my mailing list into the program. I couldn't be happier with the service and support. I heartily recommend Thinkific. For me, it blows away the competition!

Cons

Nothing. Not one thing. It's perfect for my needs. The fact is, I'm amazed at all the features I get with the free option. It's working out great for me and my students.

Rocky from Mirasee

For the non-developer who wants to create great online courses - go with Thinkific

It's just a great piece of software to deploy an online course without having to rely on a expensive developer (like myself.)

Pros

I deploy Thinkific to my clients who need to an online course, but don't have the expertise or resources to recruit someone with technology skills. It's really easy with a short learning curve. If building a website with drag/drop tools is easy to you - this is even easier. Their support is fantastic! Their response time is quick, their team is helpful, and their reply is always clear and coherent. I've spoken to them as both a user, and a developer - and they were always willing to find a way to help me solve things.

Cons

For the scenario of building a training program - Thinkific is great - no issues. If I had to say something, like anything - the only thing I can think of is, as a developer - I wish I can build add-ons to extend Thinkific's features. I'm probably in the 1% who wants it, which shows how much Thinkific really thought things

Abigail from PROVESTIA

Thinkific is easy to use, the interface is friendly both for the administrator and for the users.

I get to sell my courses to students directly and receive a hire percentage than I would on Udemy and Skillshare.

Pros

I needed to create online courses to sell directly to students rather than putting all my eggs in one basket... in this case 2 baskets; Udemy and Skillshare. I began looking for cheap or free LMS system, and after vetting my options I was down to two choices Thinkific and Teachable. Thinkific isn't as popular as Teachable so I was already partial, expecting less from it than Teachable. I was surprised that Thinkific was the better option. Thinkific is easy to use, intuitive and very user-friendly, they have lots of resources on how to create courses. I hit a snag in the video production phase of my courses and I was surprised when they reached out to me, I explained that I hadn't been online as I was still creating my course and they sent links to resources that would help. That was a biggy for me, as I really needed that. The staff and the software itself has been amazing.

Cons

Non really, at least for now. I'm on the free plan which has limited features, I'd need to upgrade to fully explore its capabilities but for now, I'm content

Shane from K9 Education Dog Training

A great platform for the less technical

A really great platform that is easy to tailor to my business needs. Where I was unable to make a change to the system defaults, the customer service team made them with out any issues.

Pros

Very easy to use and has excellent customer support

Cons

For the plan I am on it is a shame there certificate functionality is not available

Price and functionality

Danilo from World Horse Welfare

Very easy to use and complete education framework

Very good, the platform was easy to learn and set up and the students are very pleased with their learning experience.

Pros

Very complete set of features. Everything that you need is in one place. Available on all platforms.

Cons

Better video management. Better progress track tools for administrators

Brian Møller from A Mind For You IVS

Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific

I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

Pros

I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all: The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;) I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

Cons

There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

Linda from Abundant Mindset Limited

Best money for value for startups

Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

Pros

There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

Cons

I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

The free option got me through the door and that it’s so user friendly

Jonathan from WalletWin

Great for Online Courses

I can easily and quickly get my online courses up and running and sell them easily to my students and corporate clients.

Pros

I LOVE all the features Thinkific has to support my online course. Completion certificates? Check. Achievements? Check. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR WHEN I SELL TO CORPORATE CLIENTS? CHECK! But really, the feature list is pretty long and extensive. And the price is pretty good compared to other platforms. Now, Thinkific won't host all your marketing needs, but it will nail your online course, and I'm a big fan of that. They also offer GREAT webinars and opportunities for professional development, which I really appreciate. I really do feel like they want me to succeed.

Cons

I wish there were more options for how my course pages are laid out. It's pretty much all standardized with the course online on the left of the page and the content on the left. That course outline is ALWAYS there. Now, that might be really handy for students, but I wish I had some options and maybe could make things a little prettier. (It's not ugly or anything, I just would like another option or two to choose from)

Kate from Vogue Media

Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease

I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros

I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons

I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

Just focus on creating content and leave the rest to Thinkific

Pros

If you're coming from WordPress ecosystem, you know the pain. Keep on adding plugins-after-plugins and keep paying for them yearly and keep maintaining them, patching security holes that pop up often. If then you get some time, then create content for your members. With Thinkific, you need not worry about the umpteen admin issues of WordPress at all; just focus on content creation and leave the rest to the Thinkific platform. Hassle free piece of LMS.

Cons

- They may want to look into the pricing structure. - For those educaters who can't accept Stripe for some reason, try to come up with a model whereby you accept payment on our behalf and then send our payments later on.

Greg from Greg De Tisi Coaching

Blown Away!

The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros

Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons

None I can think of yet!

Response from Thinkific

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience. "...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto! Thanks again!

Kingsley from AvatarJo

Great service

My overall experience with Thinkific has been fantastic and it is currently the cornerstone of our e-learning delivery.

Pros

Thinkific is so easy to set-up and has a wealth of customisation options. I like being able to rely on the platform to provide a good experience for users, even at scale.

Cons

It is sometimes incompatible for users of older browsers.

Khrys from In Her Company, LLC

Ramp Up Quickly

Very good

Pros

Thinkific is easy to use and allows your courses to be up and running quickly. It is less cumbersome than other options, has amazing features enabling you to deliver a professional look and experience to your customers, and support is excellent.

Cons

The inability to delete courses once someone has registered. The need to copy the course to allow early access, but it does not carry over once the actual course starts. That course registration can't be set to automatically begin and end.

n/a

Antonio from Nissimoo Enterprises, LLC

Enjoying building courses

Pros

Very easy to use, free plan allows you up three courses to start your academy

Cons

Free version is so basic with features, really basic. Yes of course, paid plan is the best!

Patricia from Success Made Easy LLC

I like it but I still struggle to set up my course

support and tutorials are great also the summits and the generosity

Pros

it has most of my desired features I find it a little complicated to use although the support is great and so are the tutorials did not try to integrate with other apps...

Cons

compared to other softwares I am used to create or design something, I find the surface a little outdated and for me it’s complicated to find my way through to set everything up. that is the reason for why it is sitting there for more than a year without me having created one single course :-(

Daniel from Pencil Kings

Enabled to set up online art courses for 200+ students.

I've been able to sell multiple learning products to 200+ students. This has enabled them to learn and see their progress as they go. It has also allowed me to create and use quizzes for my students.

Pros

This software is quite flexible and enabled me to take over 200 students through 15 learning modules. Each module has multiple videos and pictures. Thinkific enabled me to include assignments, which I used Airtable to integrate with. Enrolling students in that course is extremely simple.

tanya from thejoyousfamily.com

Wait, Free? Permanently Free? Whoo hoo!

Overall a great way to get started. Very helpful, does integrate with most platforms and has so really beautiful templates.

Pros

Thinkific will let you start producing courses for free and keep them free forever. Really, this is a great way to learn course development without spending a dime. Just you doing your stuff for your audience. No risk other than your time. Just get started already!

Cons

While the free version is nice you will quickly see how all the other features will help you build an audience. If you don't have an email list and a place to sell your course already you might want to rethink the free version. Who is going to see your course, how will you promote it? If you create it they will not come unless you find a way to get their attention.

Darrell

How Thinkific Changed My Life For The Better..

Pros

The best thing about Thinkific is they push you to finish your course. I needed that extra push! There are some many things to learn in business that people want to learn and people want to teach what they know. I am taking a course to learn how to teach a course. Online learning is the future.

Cons

I think that their sign-up and sign in page could use improving. There is always going to be room for improvements, I hope people are able to get past issues, as nothing is perfect. There is a saying in the startup world that says " If your product is perfect you launched too late."

Swayambhu from The Bhu Vigyan Modules

Very good

It is one of the best platform for educator

Pros

The quizzes and ease to upload video lecture

Cons

No cons, it is very good, and provide best platform for educator

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

It has one of the best user interface

Fun and valuable for online classes

Generally happy with the tool. We have used it a lot and our students loved it!

Pros

This is another of those tools that we began to use only during the Pandemic and it has been a life saver. Classes were more fun, entertaining and easy especially for our older students. Teachers loved using it to create their classes and share their content.

Cons

Some other similar software has been free to use, but Thinkific has a basic package that you have to pay for. The price is not crazy but considering circumstances I think prices should had been lowered.

Krishna from Krishna Lou

Great interface

Intuitive and easy to use! They nailed the course creation experience, in my opinion.

Pros

User and admin interface are easy to use and very intuitive. I feel like it's much better than Teachable or Kajabi in terms of UI. Also very easy to design your curriculum and draft your courses. You can make a sales page with a countdown timer in minutes, which is great to use for quick launches.

Cons

Page blocks for sales pages are not as customizable as I want it to be, although honestly, it's very clean design-wise.

Natalie from Natalie Blais Consulting Inc.

The perfect platform

Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons

There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

Sally from Sew Like A Rock Star

Customer Service is Horrid

In the days of Covid, with so many things happening to small businesses- THinkific has been the WORST to deal with. Just bad. So many other vendors are eager to help us adapt to all that is changing - not Thinkific. Just try to talk to a real person. Good luck.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up - as long as you don't want to have helpers.

Cons

HORRID for anyone working with a few helpers... they want to rape you on fees for additional admins. Can't remove/archive past offerings Customer service SUCKS.

Reasons for Switching to Thinkific

THought (stupid me) that it would be a good choice.