• Pros

• "I liked the team feature the most about this software - it made it easy for me to get all my teammates set up and part of the same campaign."

• "This gave us a quick and easy way to raise money on-line for our global trips and causes. The pages were fairly easy to set-up and access by our teammates. "

• "I love how easy it is to customize the donation pages. There are many great options to make the pages unique."

• Cons

• "The platform fees are a little higher than we would like, but it is great that there is an option for the donor to cover the fees."

• "I don't have any complaints. Mightycause is a great way to get exposure for our cause that we wouldn't get otherwise. "

• "The donor experience can be confusing. A few people said they had trouble donating monthly, and were confused by the platform fees."

Browse Mightycause Reviews

Austin from Provo City

Simple and Effective

Pros

The best part of Mightycause is its simplicity--both for the fundraiser and for the donor. Using Mightycause, I can easily set up a beautiful fundraiser page in about ten minutes. On the donor's side, it's about as easy to donate as can be. Believe me, you should NEVER make it difficult for somebody to give you money. At the same time, Mightycause is powerful. I've programmed in planned thank-you emails with video, downloaded lists of donors, and even set up live matching grants. It's a simple, yet powerful platform.

Cons

It lacks a little in its ability to be customized. For example, the color of donations pages are all the same, fonts are all the same, the layout of the page is all the same. It would be nice to have a little ability to change the presentation of the page.

Kristy from North Florida Inland Long Term Recovery Group

Great donor administration and fundraising platform

Pros

Mightycause really helped us get our fundraising started fast and easy. As a newly formed nonprofit we didn't have a lot of staff resources and relied on volunteers to setup our Mightycause site and fundraiser. We really liked the fact that donation receipts are sent automatically and we can manage and communicate with our donors through the advanced tools.

Cons

Nothing, everything worked perfect on the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Mightycause

Pricing and easy of use were key for us. Mightycause provided a prompt response and great customer service.

Response from Mightycause

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Mightycause! We're so glad to hear that our platform helped your nonprofit start fundraising and connecting with donors!

Nola from Nola to Angola

Mighty cause rebiew

Pros

It works for what we use it for. Like that individuals can set up their own pages as part of a team. Cost structure is transparent.

Cons

The cost. There should be a lower cost option for non-profits or volunteer run orgs (which we are)

Reasons for Choosing Mightycause

Mightycause was the cheapest program with the features we wanted

MELISSA from Bread of Life Mission

So Many Features

Pros

We love that we can highlight certain projects and fundraisers through this software! We also love that we can raise funds for our mission teams.

Cons

We are finding that people over 55 or so have been struggling with our donation website. When I give them step-by-step instructions, things go fine, but no one wants to have to give instructions all the time. There are also some features I've asked about, but I'm generally met with silence, so that makes it tough to make our page better. I wish we could more fully control our page.

Maureen from Creative Arts Team

Mighty Cause Review

Pros

I've used Mighty Cause for two years and started when it was Razoo in 2013. One of the best aspects has been the customer service- anytime I had a question or an issue, I got a quick response. We have used the site for fundraising campaigns 2-3 times per year. Their rates are quite reasonable and we love the 'leaderboard' aspect.

Cons

Since we only use it a few times a year, each year (especially for our major campaign in June) there seem to be significant changes- many for the better, and a few for the worse. This year, for example, it seemed that the templates changed significantly, making it more difficult for novice fundraisers and also making it so that it did not automatically collect mailing addresses.

Paul from Parker Hill Community Church

Too many fees.

I loved the product when it was called "Razoo." We used it for years with great success. From what I understand, Razoo was bought out by MightyCause. The fees and surcharges were much higher, so we stopped using the service and found a way to raise funds on our own site.

Pros

Cons

The fees and surcharges were way too high. Once they increased, we cancelled and found another option.

Response from Mightycause

Replied August 2019

Hi Paul! Thanks for taking the time to review Mightycause, we appreciate your feedback! We just wanted to hop in to clarify a few things: Mightycause did not "buy out" Razoo, we are the same company, with the same staff. We did have a management buyout, which means that several long-time Razoo employees purchased the company from investors and rebranded as Mightycause to reflect that change. The primary staff, developers and people behind Razoo are also behind Mightycause. Additionally, our fees did not change when we rebranded as Mightycause. The last time our fees increased was in 2014. However, we did add a subscription option, Mightycause Advanced, and recently introduced a pricing guarantee that actually makes our platform cheaper than PayPal. So, we're more affordable than ever! We're happy to chat with you about our fees if you're like to reach out at support@mightycause.com!

Jilliana from Snooty Giggles Dog Rescue

Easy and Free!

Overall, it's good. It seems like the customer service staff doesn't know everything so I have gotten different answers from different people.

Pros

I like the way you can set up an event and then have teams within each event and have a competition. We use to 'vote' with donations so that is important to me.

Cons

The picture having to crop to a set size.

Reasons for Choosing Mightycause

It did not have the leaderboard functionality

Kim from Immaculate Heart of Mary PTO

Mighty Cause for School

Overall, Mighty Cause meets all of our needs for fundraising at the K-8 level. We continue to use Mightycause and will in the future.

Pros

I love this software because it allows us to create teams with each class. The teams have their own names, description and donors can see how each team is performing in their fundraising. I also love that people may share their donation and write a note to the student. It's very easy to share our fundraising on social media and emailing links to school family and friends.

Cons

Initially, there was an issue with Mighty Cause and our non-profit status, but the customer support was very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Mightycause

We chose Mightcause because we liked the ease of set up and how the website allowed us to set up our fundraiser. Plus, it is very user friendly.

Olivia from Alma Center, Inc.

Mightycause Helped Us Raise Funds for Healing

the Alma Center uses Mightycause yearly as the platform with which we raise money for our annual fundraiser. It has been a great way for us to raise money as a team rather than as a bunch of individuals recreating the wheel. I really like the prompts and guidance Mightycause offers its users. We raise $35,000 on Mightycause ($15,000 of offline donations) 2 years in a row.

Pros

Cons

Multiple members of my team had a hard time joining the team and ended up instead asking to be administrator of the team campaign by accident.

Eric from Positive Coaching Alliance

experience w/ Razoo this yr helped us raise over 500,000 dollars, and was the biggest bang for our buck.

Additional funds raised, better user experience, for a lower cost.

Pros

The costs for the functionality are unmatched on the market place for this software. There is a nice tracking system, the look and feel works great, I really liked the User Experience, seeing everyone contribute to our various pages. We also had a branded URL experience, which allowed several high level donors more comfortability with a third-party fundraising platform.

Cons

There are not pages for 'events'...it was somewhat difficult for some of our Chapters to make use of it in the same way because there wasn't a generic page for each of our Chapters, as we are one 501c3.

Reliable platform, great customer support and they are listening!

Pros

We originally partnered with Razoo in 2014 because of their reputation of support, leadership and low donation costs. Not only have the costs for our donations gone down significantly in the intervening years, we have continued to be impressed with their response to our needs. Our donors use the Razoo widget every day (and our Razoo site almost as often) and we are glad never to have to worry about uptime, security and service - they are provided. As examples, any questions about a donation have been dealt with quickly and professionally; technical implementation issues have been addressed immediately; and we have regular conversations about the many enhancements Razoo has been making to their platform and how they could be implemented or improved to align with our specific charity's needs.

Cons

A hospital, a soup kitchen and a pet rescue both function and raise money in very different ways. Any product in this space has the challenge of working with many different types of charities - we would like to be able to have different options from the standard mode provided. We continue to have discussions about this and it is clear this is not a Razoo-specific issue but more one of software development in general.

Lom from Jewish Community Federation

Industry: Philanthropy

I am a big Razoo fan! Easy set up, customization, team functions, and reporting make us a success!

Razoo allows us to empower 70+ volunteers annually to take the lead on their fundraising and work in groups. It reduces our administrative work in tracking data and generating essential fiscal reports

Pros

Every year we train over 70 new volunteers and staff to build fundraising pages and teams. Razoo's platform is attractive, professional and easy to use for both donors and on the back end. As an administrator I really appreciate the clarity and easy access of the data I can pull from the website at any time. I also really appreciate that we can choose for our leader board to be ranked by number of donations instead of number of dollars raised. Also, the ability of fundraisers to add offline donations, without these additions "muddying" the actual reports, is a great feature we like.

Cons

Overall, we are very happy with this platform. Over the past few years we have lost some features we used to really like, including slideshows (uploading multiple photos) and the ability to caption photos.

Karen from Forage and Fable

The team fundraising product was really easy and was actually fun to use.

I'm able to easily run fundraising campaigns and get many others involved without taking a lot of their time.

Pros

The product looks beautiful and was really simple to setup and use. I got very powerful a reports and analytics about our campaign and the support team was really helpful. One feature that was really great was the ability to setup automated template so that others could basically start their own fundraiser with a couple of clicks. The social media integration and automatic posting tools allowed me to control the correct sized images and the right hashtags for others so they did not have to worry about dealing with these issues. I'd recommend them highly.

Cons

My main logo was restricted to a 1 by 1 aspect ratio so that it fit properly throughout the site. I ended up having to use my Facebook logo to make it work. They restrict to this ratio as well so in the end it worked fine.

Rebecca from Homeward Trails Animal Rescue

User Friendly Platform For Organization Staff and Donors

Pros

Our organization has been using Razoo for years and we are usually running a dozen or so campaigns at any time. The platform is very easy to use and our donors are very comfortable giving in this way. Razoo is a huge part of our fundraising strategy and the reporting allows us to easily track which campaigns are most successful.

Cons

With the processing fees it costs more than just driving donors to our website but the ease in creating individual campaigns makes up for it.

Susan from Riding To The Top Therapeutic Riding Center

Outstanding Customer Support!

Positive. A great option for small non-profits with limited resources.

Pros

I have used the support group a number of times and they respond quickly and with a solution. We have used mightycause(and Razoo before) for all of our "A-Thons" and our participants and donors appreciate the low fees. Everyone likes the way it the pages look. I especially like the ability to create templates that can be personalized.

Cons

Administrator team leader: I am disappointed I can not copy and edit events. It takes a quite bit of time to set pages. Users: It can be confusing for the returning user. This year I had a number of fundraisers with "false starts".

Lauren from World Parrot Trust

Great way to fundraise

because mightycause has solicitation compliance registration in all states where it's required it reduces our liability because we can solicit through their nonprofit status.

Pros

customizable (able to determine donation amount), able to leave a note/dedication; integrated into a website for seamless donation processing

Cons

sent tax receipts to donors and there was a lot of confusion as to why donations made through mightycause didn't also appear on those statements, had to refer them to the FAQs as to how to get their statements from MightyCause separate from those that come direct through our organization. Created some frustrations and misgivings with donors.

We have used Razoo for multiple fundraising campaigns. Our experience using have been very positive.

Pros

We are a small non-profit so having Razoo process all transactions and provide all the relevant information to the donors is a massive benefit to us. -The software is very user-friendly. -Setting up a professional looking campaign is straightforward. -It provides a record of all past donors which is very accessible -Social Sharing, campaigns can be shared easily across social media profiles. - Price, a free version which is basic but does what we need.

Cons

- Some of our donors have mentioned that it's cumbersome to sign up to make a donation. Therefore, some of them donate anonymously. An easier method to donate would be a benefit.

Ernest from Bread of Life Mission

We love Mightycause

Pros

Its incredibly easy to use, from an administrator's standpoint and a person who is trying to give toward the organization.

Cons

that i get an e-mail every time someone donates to our organization.

Amanda from Friends For Life Animal Rescue

Industry: Environmental Services

Friends For Life Animal Rescue

Excellent

Pros

Ease of Use via email and online. I enjoy the monthly notifications.

Cons

Amount of notifications. I would prefer 1-2 emails a day rather than 10-15

Great for giving events

Pros

We've used Mightycause for several community-level fundraising campaigns and are quite happy. Mightycause's dashboard is easy to use and easy to set up. It's allowed us to seamlessly tie into high profile giving days and raise both awareness and funds for our cause. We've found our best success is if we have a matching grant to leverage as Mightycause is very good at highlighting matching grants.

Sarah from 3 Mariposas Montessori

We've had a good experience and b/c of that, continue to use Razoo.

An easy way to raise money from people outside your physical reach.

Pros

I like the ease of making a donation, how Razoo often helps promote our organization as well as the ease of having others help as fundraisers.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is the cost. I wish that there were lesser charges for smaller organizations. Also, I no longer am the one who sets up our pages, but if my memory serves me correctly, there use to be an option of a slideshow and that no longer exists. If that is correct, then that too is something I'd like to see changed.

Kate from Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center

Industry: Fund-Raising

Razoo is a great tool for our microfundraisers. All of our supporters love using the platform

The benefits that we get are ease of fundraising. Our supporters are able to send their family and friends a simple link for them to go to and donate. We have heard such great things about ease of fundraising/donating from our supporters.

Pros

I like that you can use both team and individual pages. This helps tremendously so those supporters of ours who just want to do a simple fundraiser by themselves, or teams who want to host an event in support of our cause and fundraise while doing it.

Cons

What I like least is the new feature to have to verify your email address. This hinders our process. Since I am the one who sets up most of the pages for the individual people who support us through Razoo, it makes it difficult when I cant set up their fundraiser until they approve their email. This was a much easier process on our end and on the supporters end when this feature was not around.

Sarah from Lost Dog and Cat Rescue

Best free online fundraising platform out there.

We have used Razoo to raise more than $80,000 for our organization, an animal rescue. That has been the best benefit!

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, and it allows you to customize responses to donors. As a volunteer run organization, it's important for us to be able to send professional thank yous quickly, and Razoo allows you to do that. It also makes it easy for others to fundraise for you, great for special projects. It's easy to export the lists of donors, and the platform is extremely user friendly.

Cons

I think there is always room for a product to improve. That said, we don't even use the paid service and get a lot out of it. I do wish that the pricing structure was based more on organizational budgets, since an organization with a smaller budget may not be able to afford a year, but scaling it would be great.

Jennife from Illinois COPS

Great way to assist with Fundraising for an event

Overall very smooth and consistent program.

Pros

The ease of use to share with multiple people and the ability to share the link for donations.

Cons

I would say fees... Just because as a non profit you like to see everything go toward the cause... but understand that this is a service. Fees are reasonable to other sites.

Razoo is Excellent Platform

Pros

Cons

I would love to have the ability to setup/change donation details manually for our donors. I understand the security risk would be much higher, but it would definitely be convenient for some of our donors. I would also love to have them collect ACH transfers.

Melissa from Woodlands Wildlife Refuge, Inc

Great for fundraising!

We have been able to organize quick easy online fundraisers for our organization in just a few minutes. The platform also allows our volunteers and donors to join our efforts and fundraising team with their own team pages, which have helped us be able to raise more.

Pros

Easy to use and allows up to set up quick fundraisers for our non-profit organization

Cons

Do not like that the total we have raised overall is showcased on our organization page publicly.

Natalie from Tech Foundry

Easy to Use, but a little misleading

overall I had a good experience with Mightycause

Pros

The software was so easy to use. You can set up your page easily, add matches, add individual fundraisers to help you meet your goal etc. Its very user friendly and their customer service is excellent.

Cons

Despite the fact that they waived platform fees for giving tuesday, they still asked donors to cover them. I dont necessarily have an issue with this, but from the customer side its made to seem as though the non-profit will have to cover them if the donor doesnt, and I thought that was misleading.

Great resource for small nonprofit fundraising

Pros

It is easy to track donations and import their information into our database.

Cons

Wish it were more robust in data management.

Lauren from Camp Sonshine - Nebraska

Too many fees!

Overall, it's a great option for fundraising. However, there's other software that does not collect as many fees.

Pros

This software helped our organization raise money, and it allowed us to have other team members raise money for our organization.

Cons

The amount of money taken out in fees was more than we would have liked, so we switched to a different software.

Chris from With One Hope

Great features - just wish it was less expensive

Pros

This has been a life saver for us as a smaller non-profit. We wouldn't be able to handle our credit card donations without a platform like Mightcause.

Cons

The platform fees are expensive. I wish I could spend less on fees and put more $'s into our programs.

Amy from PrideRock Wildlife Refuge

Industry: Veterinary

Mightycause Review

Fantastic. See above!

Pros

Mightycause makes it easy for potential donors to find and learn about our nonprofit, and to donate if they so choose. Vetting our organization through MightyCause allows donors to feel comfortable knowing that their funds will be properly used by reputable organizations.

Cons

Not applicable. I have had no problems and do not see where changes could be made to improve my experience

Elizabeth from Living Classrooms Foundation

Positive feedback

Great! Easy for our supports to share the link, and have not had problems with donors navigating the page.

Pros

I get email updates for whenever someone donates to Living Classrooms, it is an easy set up to launch peoples pages, and we can capture donor information such as emails.

Cons

The fee for service. Being a non-profit it is tough seeing money taken out from donations. I do like how you give donors the option to pay for the fee.

Kate from Giordano Dance Chicago

Industry: Performing Arts

Dancing With The Giordano Stars campaign - year two with Mightycause.

Pros

It tracks and automatically sends the receipt for tax purposes. It creates a friendly competitive edge that helps increase donations. Our contestants know in real time who has made a donation. The reports are very detailed which helps us with our cultivation of supporters.

Cons

The disbursement lag time can create a difficulty with our cash flow. Also, no system is in place if we need to refund a donation for any reason.

Jessica from Covenant Life School

Great Bang for the Buck

Pros

Easy to set up; clean; user-friendly; safely stores customer information for quick easy retrieval

Cons

The Teams feature is a newly released component. I think it has great potential for peer-to-peer fundraising, but the navigation needs a little cleaning up.

Mighycause for small nonprofits

This has been great for our small non profit that is growing rapidly. We love the options for fundraising and using tools for each event.

Pros

We like the ease of use and being able to personalize it all.

Cons

The cost per transaction is higher than other platforms but because donors are given the option to pick up those costs we have found that we actually make more per donation.

Sara from San benito Agricultural Land Trust

Mightycause website template

Pros

Our non-profit organization has been sponsored to use the MightyCause platform for a fundraising event, a supplement to our organization website. It was easy to set up and modify. Also versatile with adding text, photos and video. Multiple pages could be utilized as an option for separate topics of interest. We enjoyed the ability for website donors to leave comments of support and encouragement.

Cons

There are no significant issues. I'm not sure why this form is not accepting this response, not allowing me to submit.

Stacy from Almost Home Humane Society

We use Razoo to fundraiser for our nonprofit and have had great success with campaigns

Pros

I like that we can easily create a campaign whenever we have a specific need. This site has allowed us to provide medical treatment for expensive cases that we couldn't have otherwise saved without donations to our humane society via RAzoo.

Cons

It sometimes takes additional time when the site gets an update to figure out how to use the program again. While the added functionality is great, it's tough to figure out how to do some of things that we were previously able to do without a lot of trial and error.

Mike from Association Retreat Center

Mighty Cause

No problems with the software or platform

Pros

We use the mighty cause platform for an annual fundraising event in our area. The software is fairly easy to use once you get used to the format.

Cons

At first it's confusing trying to find our particular fundraiser. It also appears to be possible for anyone to set up a fundraiser for any organization, which could lead to problems. Also, while I realize everything costs money, several donors opted to mail in checks so that they did not have to pay the service fee.

Margaret from Mountain View Los Altos High School Foundation

Successful #GivingTuesday Campaign

Pros

It was easy to use and fee-free for our donors!

Cons

It wasn't obvious to some donors that they could "adjust" the fee, so people chose not to donate through Mightycause because of that.

Lisa from Frankie's Friends

MightyCause

We use Might cause as a partner for Give Days and specialized peer to peer and donor campaigns.

Pros

MightyCause is excellent fundraising software with a strong acumen in peer to peer fundraising.

Cons

Nothing! It is user friendly and intuitive software.

Monica from Bridge the Gap - SYNGAP Education and Research Foundation

Great Resource

Pros

This is easy to use, great for nonprofits and love the peer to peer fundraising options

Cons

CC fees.. we wish they were lower for a nonprofit

Kelly from 4 Paws for Ability

4 Paws for Ability and our peer-to-peer fundraisers have been delighted with Razoo! Recommended!

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic! Customer support is also very responsive. Love being able to include video.

kathryn from Alliance Medical Ministry

Platform is too busy, confusing. No option to choose honor or memory gift. Donors have complained.

Pros

Like that there is no monthly charge, but I think the platform is poor. We are looking into a new platform.

Cons

Design. Lack of customization. No honor/memory option. Far too busy and confusing. Donors have complained about how confusing it is.

Rob from UACDC

Pros

Worked well for what we needed and we continue to use the software

Cons

No real issues with the software and we continue to use it.

Great product!

Pros

Love it! East to use with great support.

Cons

Na no cons. No complaints about the product.

Ilia from Cornerstone Theater Company

Industry: Performing Arts

Easy to use and fun design

Pros

Easy to set up fundraising pages. Allows donors to leave comments.

Cons

Cost to donor and the design of the media component .

Tracie from Animal Allies Humane Society

mightyause

Pros

the reports seems to be fairly simple to download

Cons

With all the name changes and absorbing of other websites it is really confusing to make sure all the information is correct.

Response from Mightycause

Replied August 2019

Hi Tracie! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! We just wanted to step in real quick and clarify that we just changed our company's name once, last April, and we did not absorb any other websites. We're the same platform, with the same staff, only with a new name and greatly improved features! Nonprofits did not lose any information on their profiles or have anything changed as a result of us rebranding as Mightycause. If you have any concerns about that, or have any issues verifying that the information on your profile is correct, please reach out to us at support@mightycause.com!

Sandra from The Marty Lyons Foundation

Good platform but needs some tweaks

Pros

Easy to set up on the back end for me as the administrator. The look of the page was nice - notifications for donations were quick and customer support is quick to reply to issues.

Cons

While easy to set up for me as the administrator, not as simple for team members setting up their own fundraising pages. Some features were unclear, like adding social media to their page and where to go to add offline donations. Also, there were many issues with donors who were not able to make there donations for various reasons. Finally, our team members had the ability to send emails to their contacts straight from their page with a previous platform. Not having that functionality made it more difficult to fundraise.

Mollie from It Takes a Village

Perfect if you're just getting started

Pros

The setup is easy, and laying out the donor page is simple. Perfect if you're just getting started. The platform fee is annoying, but worth it if you're just getting started and don't have the capacity to set up your own system.

NOSON from Congregation Kehillas Hearthstone

Great fundraising platform!

Rep was a great help. We needed to set up the fundraising page to our custom specifications and she helped us out. Setting up the page took under an hour and we were up and running. Thank you.

Pros

Easy to set up. Excellent customer service. Many features under the hood. Great rates.

Cons

Some features were a bit hard to find. Would like a bit more customization.