(7,818)

(5,773)

5,773

(1,536)

1,536

• Pros

• "This software is so easy to use . I love it. Great functionality. The dashboard is always very attractive and simple"

• "Beautiful interface and mostly very good price"

• "I love using this because I can not only use it to track my hours training the clients but it works directly with the sales team to keep all of that data together."

• Cons

• "not many, can be clunky but the pros definitely outweigh the little cons"

• "The app is great, but the free version needs some work. I believe it is a beta version. It is great for uploading info on the go, but the free version tends to crash"

• "The full browser mode is very good, however, the mobile app seems not good and easy to use as desktop version. "

Browse Salesforce.com Reviews

Huw from Dell Technologies

Industry: Computer Hardware

Salesforce CRM Review - Daily user

My overall experience using Salesforce has been good. I've used the application for 19 months and I'd say it took at least 3 months to get familiar with the tool. I work for an organisation of +180k and the tool is used widely across the business, which is a testament to its reliability and scalability. For smaller organisations, there is likely to be less complexity involved, as there will be less integration required with other applications - which Salesforce does incredibly well. To summarise, I'd say to prospective adopters of Salesforce, expect to invest some time in training new users of the tool but its remarkable functionality and capabilities far outweigh this ramp-up period.

Pros

-Highly customisable with deep and wide integration with my organisations SaaS or natively developed applications. -Allows you to produce very detailed reports to track my own activity and history. Which can also be used by management to track team progress and activity. -A customisable dashboard that allows frequently uses tabs to be populated to a "bookmarks bar" which allows for faster navigation. -Great search feature that allows for search across the entire CRM database.

Cons

-Due to its high functionality and range of options it can be overbearing to use at times. -Requires internet connection which means there is occasional latency and is not accessible at all times. -Visually, it's not the most appealing tool that I've ever used. -Steep learning curve for those that have not used it before, but then that goes for most CRM tools.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Due to employment change when I moved companies.

Angel from Homeless Services Network of Central Florida

Salesforce Get Me

Using Salesforce for many years has helped keep track of everything business. We use it to track and organize email, notes, files and reports on clients and employees. We use the dashboard feature and notifications to stay on top of needs and alerts. It makes us more efficient in our work and our planning.

Pros

I love the flexibility, the expandability, the collaboration I achieve with the entire organization has helped make us more efficient as a whole.

Cons

The software is expensive yet they did give a non-profit discount that is appreciated. The buy-in from all users is also challenging just due to it being a new software.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Zoho CRM was rated as good but we needed something that has established itself as a leader in the industry and we just went for Platinum service.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

G Suite is good but it is not as durable and easily expandable to multiple needs as Salesforce.

September 2016

Sal from Visionary Communications

September 2016

Salesforce: Helps Improve Internal Communications/External Customer X

Pros

I have been using, recommending and adopting salesforce.com for my sales teams for ten years in several different digital technology, media and advertising organizations. I can say unequivocally that the CRM software has evolved from being a supplement and "nice to have" to a must buy and necessary and vital tool for doing business. The key to any business solutions and software product is getting the team to adopt and use it. Training and practice is essential. Its like your golf game, the more you practice the better your score or working out, no pain, no gain. I like the social media and conversational abilities you can have with sales team; the app is excellent for quick reviews and checking on status of pending, pitches and prospects; the flexibility and customization options based o salesperson, account, deal size, industry vertical. In one organization we adopted it for internal sales data use and tracking and also incorporated product data about our partners, customers, audience metrics and analytics and distribution platform.

Cons

Depending on the level of subscription, will also vary with the amount of personalized training you receive. I would also say there needs to be more attention and customization devoted to industry verticals that contain many nuances regarding customer segments and rev streams. This includes the advertising and digital sales industries where there are multiple customer touchpoints and rev streams including agencies, direct to client, programmatic, 3rd party vendors, ad tech partners etc. I also think saleforce.com needs to develop more compatible software and training that integrates salesforce,com into other software linked to finance, accounting etc.

May the SalesFORCE be with you!

Salesforce is a game-changer for our organization. We've reported out on items that previously we hadn't in years. There's very little manual effort now as we have so many triggers setup for automation.

Pros

Without Salesforce our organization simply would not be able to function as quickly as we do now. We have so many automation processes and workflows setup that has saved us a lot of time. We use this platform across 15 departments in our organization, and it continues to grow. Everyone who sees the benefits of this great CRM... asks for User licenses... it's that good. We love the Contact Management, Lead-> Opportunity tracking and most importantly the Reports and Dashboards!

Cons

Salesforce can be pricey especially as it grows within an organization, so that would be the one setup. However, they do offer a Non-Profit Starter pack that I'd recommend small non-profit organizations to look into.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Salesforce seemed to be the Enterprise leader and due to the open-API features, it was a no brainer to move forward.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Salesforce was true cloud based and has dominated the market. We felt it's time for us to join the cloud movement.

Alain Jove from Sales Retention Services

The CRM worth buying

Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition tagging for at a glance view. The one thing I observed about this CRM is it doesn't lag although a lot of users are already accessing the same interface, which means it has a stable platform and servers that can accommodate the bandwidth of multiple users. I can safely say that it allocates a significant storage to avoid the nuisance of pages loading slowly. Not only that, so far there are no reported issues of their database being breached or any intrusions which is very harmful for businesses and their trade secrets. It is vital since client data is the backbone of a business. I'm glad that they have established these safeguards well to make their product reliable and trustworthy.

Cons

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Comparing Zendesk navigation with Salesforce, the latter was a little easier compared to the former. The higher ups had also previously used Salesforce that's why it was the one being chosen as the company CRM.

Kelly Michael from Fiber Optic Center

Excellent Features, Wide-Ranging, Enterprise-Level CRM

As I always say, you get what you pay for and that's certainly true with Salesforce. Adding Salesforce to your tech stack is a big investment, but one that will almost certainly pay for itself.

Pros

Salesforce is incredibly robust for automation and capturing data if you have a knowledgeable administrator at the helm of your business. Being able to create different sections (objects), fields, reports and rules in a matter of minutes makes it the best CRM I have ever used.

Cons

In Salesforce, everything is connected, which can often times cause errors or minor issues when making a simple change/addition. The software is getting better at educating users and administrators, but it lacks the full ability to debug easily.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Salesforce had more to offer when it came to reporting and automation.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Dynamics was difficult to get a full picture of our business and the UI was not allowing our users to succeed. We needed a software that will continue to evolve and allow us to modernize our business processes.

Jeff from RESOLUT RE

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very functional product

Pros

Industry leading software Massive community support network High volume of add-ins and extensions Intuitive natural user interface (lightning) Easy reporting Highly customizable

Cons

Some administration/development is quite complicated for newer admins Product support, even on premier, is frustrating. Had to explain the same issue to each tier of support. Often I resolved our issue on my own. Mobile app has been inconsistently working for both iPhone and Android for the last year or so. Some browser based issues & Mac v. PC Java based issues.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Pipedrive was not as powerful / customizable as we were accustomed to with Insightly. Apto is based on Salesforce but is highly tailored and not customizable as well. Ultimately, a system with the ability to customize workflows, designs/interfaces, and integrations was critical to our need.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Insightly was failing our organization for multiple reasons. The user interface was never the prettiest and the system took a lot to train users to use. However, the biggest sin was several API updates broke various integrations we had. After a few fatal API updates we decided to jump ship to another system.

Tim from Jolt Inc.

the Best CRM on the market

10/10. The most complete CRM out there. We are only scratching the surface of what we can use SF for.

Pros

There literally isn't anything That Salesforce can't do. We are even beginning to use their billing system. It is absolutely vital for sales engagement, pipeline management, forecasting, relationship management, etc.....

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you need a degree in SF to do certain things. It can be hard to figure things out.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Streak couldn't do what we needed as we scaled

Thiago from SODEXO

DAILY WORK TOOL

TOOL FACILITES THE DAY DAY FOR MY MANAGEMENT, I COSIGO SEE ALL MY WORK AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY, NORMALLY LOADS VERY FAST AND NOT THE PROCESS OF ACCESS, AFTER LEARNING TO MOVE IT IS VERY EASY TO HANDLING THE MANAGEMENT EASY.

Pros

TOTAL SHOW MANAGEMENT OF ALL MY SALES PIPELINE, SALES FORECAST, SALES ESTIMATION AND PROJECTION PANEL MANAGEMENT, ACTIVITIES AND OPOTUNITIES MANAGEMENT, QUOTATION AND OPPORTUNITIES WITH ALL THE DATA ON LINE FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING

Cons

A LITTLE COMPLEX FOR THOSE WHO START, IT IS SOMETIMES A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO FIND THE FIELD THAT YOU WANT TO FIND, CHAT I THINK HALF COMPLICATED.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

INTERFACE OF USE, FACILITY AND AGILITY IN HANDLING, A MUCH MORE FLEXIBLE AND ADAPTABLE SYSTEM WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE SUPPORT.

Daniel from Bail company

Horrible if you try to leave

When my contract term ended Salesforce continue to bill me. the contact number i was provided reached empty voicemail . Through covid 19 i had no to contact to Salesforce. Although i fulfilled my obligations and made all my payments for my term. Salesforce found a way to continue to bill unwanted service

Pros

I like the dream that was sold to me. I was told the program can do all that i asked for .

Cons

The experience i had was horrible. I was sold a dream paid for all the options for support. The only support they gave was connecting me to third party developers that would charge outrageous prices.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Salesforce is definitely overpriced and will not provide you with any customer care. They do not care for your business. Apparently they have reach goals and your business is just to small to care about

Evan from SOS International

Salesforce NPSP - Pricey, but will give you room to grow

Great! If possible, I recommend ensuring you have someone in-house with at least 3 years experience before deployment. We contract a Salesforce Developer who aids non-profits specifically to aid in back-end matters.

Pros

I love that it has given our non-profit a space to grow into. Too often, non-profits find themselves barred by limits placed on the number of Contacts being retained. Most pricing is based around this figure which is tiresome when you are looking to gain momentum without having to have constant upgrades. Salesforce is massive and delivers in what it says it will do.

Cons

It is challenging to learn. I would have appreciated options for non-profit teams to have discount pricing on trainings with use. This would have provided for shared trust in the CRM, rather than knowledge given to a few who then became internal advocates for the system.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

We desired the best. We understood NPSP was in its infancy stages, but were confident that this was the best choice for our own projections of donor base growth 5 years down the road- and we were right.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

eTapestry was not easy to grow with. Moreover; it didn’t provided the diversity of integrations we needed to expand our impact. Salesforce is the best in its field. I believe it has room to mature with Nonprofits. When they invest in that sector- they will be unrivaled.

Olufemi from EOH (MPC Recruiters)

What is Salesforce

Salesforce is a client relationship the board (CRM) stage that lets organizations oversee client questions, grumblings, and discussions, from any source, across the board place. This makes it simpler to oversee and address client issues, and to dissect deals and advertising execution, improving consumer loyalty and boosting business development through new and holding clients. The Salesforce stage can tie-up a lot of various ways that organizations converse with clients. For instance, it can oversee web-based media communications, promoting efforts, online live visits, calls, and messages. Salesforce likewise offers numerous extra administrations that may prove to be useful for organizations. It calls the entirety of its various contributions "mists" and there are heaps of them: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Analytics Cloud to name the most well known. Each comes in at an alternate value, which you can have custom-fitted to your business with our supportive CRM quote device. Anyway numerous Clouds you pick, they would all be able to be gotten to through the single, bound together Salesforce CRM stage — making it simpler to learn and comprehend the product. It's additionally accessible on Android and iOS cell phones, just as on work areas. This makes it overly simple for home and telecommuters.

Pros

Salesforce CRM was worked to address the issues of undertakings and huge organizations, yet as the SaaS world detonated and independent venture arrangements turned out to be more normal, Salesforce extended its extension with smoothed out alternatives that were simpler and more reasonable to get fully operational. Today, the CRM goliath offers clients of each kind admittance to incredible business programming with a lot of customization alternatives. The valuing scale Salesforce utilizes makes it simple for developing organizations to work out profoundly progressed frameworks, piece-by-piece, as they develop. The sheer versatility of Salesforce settles on it a fantastic decision for organizations that are rapidly extending. The Salesforce AppExchange store is one manner by which CRM clients can work out adjustable frameworks. Through the store, Salesforce offers outsider incorporations for a huge number of applications and programming items that range from in-house Salesforce additional items to outsider arrangements (both paid and free).

Cons

Evaluating alternatives with Salesforce can immediately get confounded, and numerous clients gripe about an absence of lucidity with regards to what is incorporated and what costs extra. Clients who imperfect from Salesforce frequently refer to this sort of disarray.

Automation and Access to Customer Data

As mentioned before, my overall experience has been phenomenal. I'm confident enough to speak for the rest of my team by saying that Salesforce has benefited our organization to close more deals and build trust with our customers.

Pros

Salesforce gives our sales team the ability to review accurate customer information. We're able to personalize each of our prospects/leads in order to optimize our overall close rate. I work directly with the internal marketing team. A crucial role of mine to create custom objects, build reports and dashboards, and updating or creating flows through process builder. Salesforce overall has been a tremendous support to our team in helping us bring our leads down the marketing funnel, stage by stage.

Cons

I have ran into errors and problems with Salesforce numerous times. However, I believe this is due to me being uneducated about the software. Whenever I'm stuck, I usually proceed to one of the following: 1. Open up trailhead to earn and learn one of the many badges they have on there. 2. Search for my problem on the trailhead community. They're many experts on there! 3. Submit a case to Salesforce.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Affordable, cloud software, and efficiency.

Ron from IHS

Everything you would ever need including a large monthly bill

Overall my experience has been great. It's expensive, complex, powerful and huge. It will do anything you need. I've become a big fan.

Pros

Salesforce is extremely customizable. I have been able to make it do pretty much everything I need. It has allowed me to shape and mold it to perfectly fit our sales processes and workflow. I love this software. The customer support has been outstanding as well. There is always somebody that can field my questions. I like the web-hosting. I like the layout of the UI. My sales people of been ab le to quickly adopt it.

Cons

This software is expensive. Unless you buy the Enterprise license (the most expensive), you're going to get nickel-and-dimed. Just found out I'm going to need to pay $25 extra for each user per month just so I can use the API which will let me automate my integration with Quickbooks. The Salesforce Inbox app looks amazing, but that's going to cost me extra as well. Want more custom workflows? You'll need to pay extra. Want click-to-call functionality? Get out your wallet. Also, because of the complexity of learning the system and building out a custom installation for my business, it has almost become a fulltime job for me. I don't know how any business could adopt Salesforce without a technical admin with lots of spare time. I absolutely hate the "cutesy" visual branding. The artistic decorations in the UI make it feel like I'm using some scrap-booking software. I feel like the look-and-feel was designed for a pre-teen girl. Children dressed up in animal costumes, cartoon animals, floating animated hearts... really?? What were they thinking. It is the opposite of professional. When my sales team first saw the branding they immediately assumed this was some children's software. It made a lousy first impression. The features are amazing, but dressing them with flowers and ice-cream detracts.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

The expansive feature-set in Salesforce dwarfs all others. I have not found any other product than can compete against the features of Salesforce.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Needed a solution with a better CRM and I needed a seamless integration with Quickbooks

Cost effective and very efficient CRM

I helped in implementing corporate engagement plan for donation management. It has easily defined schema and took less time to customize the module.

Pros

Easily defined, fully connected and talking features. It is widely popular in each industry sector, market leader and radical in changing the whole ecosystem of CRM industry. SaaS or PaaS it has changed whole ecosystem. Every company which is on on Salesforce has saved tonnes of money and time while focusing on their potential.

Cons

Too many customizations lead to duplicate efforts. It releases so many versions so fast that sometime unnecessary update clients do.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

free 10 user for Non profit success pack by salesforce.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Sheets were not talking to each other. It was not easy to capture all the historical movements in the account.

Quang from Cubic

Industry: Defense & Space

Salesforce for forecasting and managing product portfolio and customer orders

Salesforce is probably the best forecasting tool out there. You can use the Stage and Probability to determine when to start buying parts and building your products. This helps shorten the lead time for customer orders. Sales can also use this to move the opportunity along based on the confidence and feedback they get from the customers. Salesforce also helps maintaining the product portfolio. By using the forecasting mentioned above, you can determine whether to end-of-sales a product (if the trend is down) or increase a product's inventory (if the trend is up). You can set a criteria that only active products are available for Sales to use on their quotes to the customers.

Pros

- Stage and Probability fields to track confidence levels of an opportunity. - Award Date to designate Booking Date (when we receive the customer order or PO). - Date to designate Ship Date (when we shipped the customer order). - Multiple custom fields can be added to tailor to the company. - Approvals to move an opportunity from one Stage to the next in the workflow. - History to track the opportunity's lifecycle. - Able to attach files to an opportunity. - Able to track quotes sent to the customer. - Easy to clone an opportunity so it saves time recreating similar data. - GUI is easy to follow and find information. - Easy to create reports. - Can integrate with other apps. - Able to mark a product as active, released, obsolete, etc.

Cons

The web interface's speed is dependent on the company's IT infrastructure. If the server is slow, the network is slow, then Salesforce will run slow. Since Salesforce uses the web interface, it is affected by the same deficiencies of the web browser.

Sarah from Studio Flight

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Great reviews and exceptional customer service/reps.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Much more advanced features for large scale lead gen needs.

Scott from Ideagen, Inc

Salesforce doesn't lack the power, but suffers in process flow and visuals

Interactions with Support at the time were forced. In terms of Ease of use: I believe the tool was fairly simple to follow when used consistently. The lead and contact managment elements of the tool were very strong and nuanced. From generating new leads, connecting them to an email campaign, nurturing the leads to the next stages of the cycle and then converting the leads into customers. For us, selling software, converting them to clients and then using Salesforce to track the implementation and consulting component was crucial. Salesforce did a wonderful job and reducing duplication. I definitely was able to handle more volume of prospects with Salesforce and direct my attention and activities to the highest value. And that is the point of the Sales side of a CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is a fantastic option for larger businesses that need powerful sales and service functionality within an integrated environment. I was just one team member of many, but I believe the tracking ability of a robust pipeline of prospects and the tools available to capture, recall, execute and update records through an elongated sales process allowed me to be more effective and efficient with my client time. Salesforce brags on its sales, marketing, and analytics toolset and in general these did not disappoint. The drill-down capabilities from the analytics dashboards were useful. Also, the ability to tie your email correspondence with prospects to quickly recall your last interaction was critical.

Cons

The internal tools for messaging and communication appeared archaic to me and almost always circumvented in favor of our own favorited instant messaging and posting platforms. The design of the data input screens was oddly spaced and placed. It wasn't the best flow when capturing info. However, admittedly, the platform allowed for great automation in the workflow and setup of custom fields. I don't believe my company spent the time evaluating the best use of the tool. And so my advice is to get a good definition of your processes and standards so that you can utilize Salesforce to the fullest.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

My company was acquiring other companies and needed a larger platform with room to grow as well as a standard in which to demand throughout the organization.

Easy to Use

We can track all of our leads and opportunities from how they are coming from all the way to the final disposition of the leads and everything in between. We are very happy with Salesforce and can't imagine ever using another CRM.

Pros

This product was very easy to install and includes a cloud version. For most small, medium and some larger size businesses, this software will meet all of your Sales and Marketing needs. This software is a great overall value for the price point. Customer service is great!

Cons

There is a slight learning curve as this software has so must functionality and is very robust. Other than that the possibilities for your sales team with this software are limitless.

More functionality

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Salesforce is more compatible with the other software packages that we are using.

Greg from makepositive

The number 1 CRM solution for very good reasons

I have been working with and enjoying Salesforce for 7 years now, Salesforce is constantly evolving and introducing new functionalities, and what is not available out of the box (so to speak) can be achieved either by custom development, or using the dedicated app store which allows vendors to tailor solutions to problems and offer them as bolt on solutions inside the salesforce system.

Pros

Salesforce is hugely customisable, as a consultant, I am always asked to customise the system to fit the needs of the client, and I have not yet found a requirement that cannot be met, it may take knowledge and expertise from multiple different types of people (admins, developers, specialists etc.) but with enough understanding the sky is the limit.

Cons

There are certain limitations which may need to be overcome when setting up a new CRM system, if you are coming from a complex CRM previously, then achieving the same functionality is not always easy, but that is the reason you are switching systems, to gain benefits, not just to put a new interface on to the same solution.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

I found SAP CRM to be quite cumbersome at the time, I have not looked back into it since making the switch to Salesforce, so it may have improved by now. I know Salesforce certainly has.

Flexible, extensible, and powerful. Salesforce is incredible.

Salesforce is terrific and only getting better. Adding to the existing strengths of incredible depth and flexibility, recent updates have streamlined some of the processes and made some high-use pages and interfaces easier to navigate quickly. It still takes a bit of work to learn how to effectively use the many, many tools available in Salesforce, but extensive documentation and free online training make it easier to do.

Pros

Salesforce can do (almost) anything and integrate with (almost) any other platform. The platform is incredibly deep and extensible. If there’s a thing you’d like a cloud-based database to do, Salesforce can do it. It also integrates well with a huge range of other platforms.

Cons

Sometimes, the depth makes the interface a slog to navigate, or makes it challenging to figure out how to implement the customization you’re looking for. For administrators and developers, the learning curve can be steep. It’s also not always immediately apparent what you can do from within Salesforce, and what requires an additional integration.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

More functionality and depth for the price.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Salesforce offered us better functionality, more stability, and cloud/mobile access.

Scott from Nerds Xpress

Saleforce is invaluable, if configured and used correctly

It is an essential tool for medium to enterprise businesses, but it has to be designed well from the beginning. Implemented properly, the executive team, operations, sales leadership, inside sales, direct sales, marketing, and more will benefit.

Pros

HIGHLY customizable. All data fields can be pulled into reporting/dashboards. To implement properly, you have to reverse-engineer what metrics are important to your business. Once you have a comprehensive understanding of the reporting that you want to see then you can build fields, pick-lists, radio buttons, etc so you capture all relevant data. The beauty is that you are not at all limited to the out-of-the-box configuration (which is good, but generic). In the past I have built in lead sources and ROI, appointment setting quality grading, commission reporting, stack ranking, and many other highly customized reports. Start with the end in mind and then find a good implementation partner who can execute on your plan.

Cons

Cost and support at the lower levels. Unless you have (pay for) their premium support, their customer service is not quick to act.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

It is far and away the leader. The insight provided is critical to effectively managing a business.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

We had not purchased software assurance, and to buy a new box and upgrade, versus moving to the Cloud with all of the associated benefits, was a no-brainer.

Marcus from Fundwise Capital

Solid CRM That Can Do a Lot

Overall it has been great for me. As I said, once you get your salesforce process setup up, it's really easy to use, and the crashing that occurs is very minimal: it really only happens when your Salesforce admin tweaks with something. I can't speak to the cost (As I'm just a user), but from my perspective I would recommend it if you're looking for a solid CRM.

Pros

Once you have your Salesforce process setup and streamlined, it's great to use. It's easy to access leads and opportunities and manage data inside them with relatively few issues. I also like the dashboard feature which allows you to see a lot of data from different reports in an aesthetically pleasing manner. I have never used the Zoho CRM, but I know my company switched over and has been using it for over 2 years now.

Cons

The setup process can be difficult and might require some degree of coding logic. Like all software sometimes features won't work and you'll have to contact the salesforce administer within your company to fix it. Also, the reports can kind of be tricky to set up. My biggest complaint is that no two people can edit a file at the same time. There have been times where I've spent 15 minutes inputting information in a file and tried to click save only to see an error message saying that someone else has edited the file. So I wish it would allow for real-time editing amongst co-workers or at least allow me to refresh the page while saving all the data I have already typed up. I'm also not a fan of "lightning mode", which is the new UI that they are trying to push. Salesforce classic is just so much easier to use, and you can see so much data at one time when looking at leads/opportunities.

Jared from Kindful

This CRM Can Do Anything

I wish I had known about it's capabilities a long time ago because we would've switched to it for onboarding much sooner. I didn't realize you could create custom objects that could tie to an account record and setup virtually as many fields as you needed.

Pros

Our onboarding team uses Salesforce for onboarding new customers. It allows us to track communications, activities, mark task that have been completed and create reports and dashboards to show how accounts are progressing through the onboarding process. Salesforce is the best in class tool when it comes to customization and trackability. We can setup whatever fields we need and collect whatever data we need based on various workflows. You can also create automated tasks.

Cons

Salesforce is a bit clunky and slow at times. We had to have training by a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we needed, so I wouldn't say it's very user-friendly (but that's expected when you have such a robust system).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

We looked at Monday.com for project management, but due to the fields, workflows, automated tasks and overall functionality we were looking for, Salesforce was much more customizable for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

We looked at Trello for project management for awhile, but it didn't have the reporting and automated tasks we needed. Wasn't very customizable.

Kimberly from City to City CREE

To love it is to LIVE IN IT

Its a CRM. Like all CRMs what you put into it is what you will get out. If you live in it day in and day out its a great program and the reason for their popularity and success.

Pros

The fact that you can have access to your information anywhere is comforting.

Cons

Convoluted. There are lots of hoops you need to jump through in order to really have this software work for you. An GOD FORBID you have any issue because support is not great. At least in my experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Customization features and had someone in the office already working in it.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Needed something that was more user friendly and was able to be more customized.

David from QuirkLogic

Industry: Computer Networking

Salesforce Lightning Experience

Salesforce allows me to keep track of leads and where they are in the sales process. It allows users to customize their own views, although the desired view is not always available. Putting pre-set products into a quote is not hard, but printing out the quote or sending it with a title that is appropriate for a client is more challenging. Overall Salesforce is useful as all members of a sales/marketing team can see linked information, however as a pure sales tool there are better options. I can understand why larger organizations use this program however I don't think it is as flexible as needed for smaller companies/startups.

Pros

This software allows for a very nice layout by which you can see all of your opportunities, stages of the sales life-cycle, quotes, and notes. It is very easy to customize and save reporting so you can run reports daily or weekly. With email tracking you can see how often your emails are read or if a client has even seen an email. There is a lot of connectivity with other programs such as Act-On so marketing can also see how their performance is affecting sales.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use. Some things like customizing reports are very simple while other things, such as printing or customizing a quote are more challenging. There are items on Salesforce Classic view which are not visible in the "better" Lightening view. Seeing daily tasks requires customizing the tasks field rather than just appearing on your dashboard as a daily list. Once a lead has been changed to an opportunity the view changes and you can no longer see tasks that you had previously set up. Notes become harder to find and this usually causes the sales team to create a duplicate account for each client which is messy and harder to keep track of.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Switched companies. Pipedrive was better for a smaller number of users, however didn't connect with Marketing as well as Salesforce does.

Excellent tool but challenge to fully deploy

We did not realize the capability to interface so with our manufacturing and accounting systems. While not exhaustive, the information which can be shared between the three systems had been invaluable to our sales engineering team. It's also been a great help for sharing company wide project status for pipeline projects. One of the greatest benefits has been in sales planning. We're no longer limited to running reports from 4 systems . Salesforce allows us to quickly create pipeline reports and create punch up reports for sales team members.

Pros

Since integration of SalesForce to our sales engineering team we have full visibility of quote, inquiry and sale pipeline activities. In previous systems these activities we're silo functions which depended on spreadsheet analysis lots of discussions and sales person memory. Salesforce has proven a great central repository and clearing House for all of this information. The linking with Outlook was a critical piece of this which we purchased from a third party.

Cons

The front end pricing seemed ok. BUT it took a LOT of customization to get the level of user friendly interface and process integration we needed. We ended up having to expand the customization scope twice after the initial contract. So the overall cost per user and startup was much higher than budgeted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Installed product base Industry reputation Customization capabilities Net based App for remote access

Nicole from MUYZ LLC

The Premier CRM Software

Salesforce has been a lifesaver as a user and admin. I have used multiple programs in both roles, and Salesforce wins hands down. I can't stress enough how much your future self will thank you by choosing the right CRM program the first time.

Pros

In every company I have consulted for and worked for, we have used or switched to Salesforce. Once built out properly, it is an asset that is scalable and will continue to benefit your sales team. The functionalities are endless: Leads, Accounts, Opportunites, Metics calculators, pipeline management tables, Groups, and options to create products too! (This one was difficult to construct but I was more than ecstatic that I could use this for wholesale as well) Let's talk about customer support: Very comprehensive. There is a whole website dedicated to tutorial videos, live chats, and Q&A boards. If you still can't figure out the problem they do have a real human you can speak to who will help you out.

Cons

The learning curve to set up your salesforce correctly is rough if you have not done any Salesforce admin work before. Starting off with a small group is easier, and the program is more forgiving when you have fewer accounts, leads, etc, but as your org grows, you will want to ensure that Salesforce is set up correctly. Errors with when you have a lot of data will take a long time to fix.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

The functionality was not there. I was not able to save notes correctly, maneuvering took way too many clicks, the layout was awful, and getting help was difficult.

Bruce from CCC

Rapid Configuration and Updates

We were looking to update our CRM and wanted something cloud based and easy to reach for all users. It has been an excellent choice as we can make fast updates to our system without a lot of work or programming. People find it easy to use and onboarding new employees has been faster than before.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup customizations. There are a lot of options to customize the system to your needs without having to write code. Going from test to live in super fast and easy. It is updated three times a year that bring a lot of new features that improve what we can do in the system, Salesforce becomes more powerful each time. The ad hoc reporting is incredible to have.

Cons

The price is pretty high for some who are not going to use it all. There are a lot of extras that would need to get bought for you to get everything you want from the system. It might not be clear what is an extra. It lacks some functions that you might expect from a system like conditional fields cannot be highlighted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Cost and ease of support.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

The old one was hard to update, it required a programmer to make changes. Changes were slow to be developed. It required users to be on prem to use.

Arlene from Nightfall /Watchtower

Industry: Security and Investigations

Industry Standard

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

Binujaya from Sysco LABS Sri Lanka

Well-secured and helpful platform

Overall, as I said this is one of the greatest software and I would recommend to everyone who needs marketing, sales, and service. It connects the customer and the client. The one thing that they should probably consider changing is the price because most people find it too expensive and for software like this that shouldn’t be the case.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the greatest software nowadays. It has a lot of data stored plus it’s very secure to use so you don’t have to worry about anything happening to your data. Also, it has a cross-platform which means you can use it for iOS, Android, phones, tablets, etc. This software also provides you with information about the client/candidate, is he hired by someone, what he should do next and so on. It creates a general relationship between you and the client. What you have done and what the client has done. Also, Salesforce offers you the first ten licenses for free if you are a non-profit person or company.

Cons

The main thing that I dislike about Salesforce is the price. It’s quite expensive and every other license that you buy just gets more expensive, so because of that, you should probably ask someone more informed before purchasing. Another thing that I dislike is that they often change their managers. Imagine having one manager and making a good relationship with him and they suddenly change him. You need to start building a new relationship which in some cases can be frustrating. And last but not least, their customer service sometimes can be irritating because most of the people that are hired are not friendly and helpful.

Chawn from En-Surge Project Solutions, LLC

Loved it!

Very positive!

Pros

Let me, first of all, start off being admitting that I do not currently use Salesforce in my business but used it quite extensively during my time in Corporate America as an account manager and program manager. As an account manager, we were required to enter all activities and customer interactions in SF. It was a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. I am certain that it has changed quite a bit since then but was still a great platform back then. Some of the features I enjoyed most were emailers and scheduling call backs (served as an assistant). Even though I forecasted during my role as an account manager, I did not appreciate the value of being able to track revenue forecasted by account and service managers until I transitioned into a role as a national program manager. I even worked with engineers to develop a special promotional code that allowed me to track revenue for my program forecasted by my co-workers deals. Although it was a lot of work, this was a huge milestone for me and the company. For the first time, we we able to track revenue for a particular funding source. As an entrepreneur, I have an even greater degree of appreciation for forecasting revenue. SalesForce gets thumbs up from me.

Cons

I have no "least" liked features. Perhaps, the only semi-negative I have to share is that we had to develop a special backend program to track revenue for my program. But even that is a compliment to SF. The fact that their software is so flexible speaks volumes.

Evita from Interfaith Caregivers

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros

Cons

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees! I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

We were using a very old version of Careworks. Perhaps I believe a 2009 version and had minimum help with the administrator or a representative if anything went wrong with Careworks. Plus the Careworks version that we had was NOT user-friendly. If you were in a record to edit it, you had to after editing save each individual page. There were also many custom fields that were not needed for our organization and tracking the data that we needed. It was time to leave the stone age and get modern technology.

Blake from Midwest Tungsten Service

Industry: Mining & Metals

Industry Leading for a Reason

Once set up and you actually learn how to use it, this is great software and leads the CRM industry for a reason. We have been able to improve prospecting and customer retention by double digit percentages since implementing salesforce.com.

Pros

The integrations are truly outstanding. Simple integrations with almost every piece of software you can imagine. The fact that we can send out emails and see which of the current prospects in our pipeline read it is truly outstanding.

Cons

Steep learning curve! Salesforce is not easy to use immediately, nor set up. It's best to have somebody in your organization be the, "Salesforce Champion."

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Reputation, support, and ultimately the integrations and what we could do with the aggregated data.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Needed more robust integrations and the next level of product. Our org had outgrown Highrise and it was time to move on.

Salesforce review

My overall experience with Salesforce is that initially it is difficult to learn how to use. The user's experience in learning how to implement and incorporate it is not pleasant. However, once you start playing around with it more and more, you get the hang of it and it does ease everyday tasks for members across all organizations within a company.

Pros

What I like most about this product is that my team and company was looking for a product in order to ease the customization of widgets and components, automate tasks for users that were tedious and time-consuming, and streamline the process of customer's feedback to the customer support team to the implementation and design team. Salesforce was able to offer solutions in order to solve all those problems, all while allowing us to customize various apps and dashboards in order to meet our customers' and business needs.

Cons

What I liked least about the software is the documentation and learning curve that came with incorporating and implementing using Salesforce. I was part of the team analyzing if Salesforce was right for my business, and documentation about customizing styling and allowing different users to have different roles within your corporate account were difficult things to find. After speaking with several people who work at Salesforce and swiping through pages and pages of online material, we were able to play around and find what works best for us. Definitely incorporate the learning curve into your business plan if you plan to use Salesforce.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

Both of the other products we looked at had terrible customer service, were costly, and did not allow for the customization and wide breadth of options we were looking for. The learning curve for those were much greater and we didn't get more out of them for our business needs.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

The main reason my company was looking for a switch was for more ability to customize while keeping the price low that we paid for the solution.

Alley from Show Me Your Stethoscope

Salesforce is a Dream!

I use it daily. I live in salesforce and I'm in marketing. I use it to keep up with my team and to try to use chatter to highlight what is working and showcase certain accounts. I also like to follow the wins and losses to try to get a feel for where we can improve.

Pros

Everything. I love salesforce. I love its ease of use, navigation, walk-me, training, integration, features, functionality, you name it. Chatter is my favorite feature and once adopted by organizations you see the whole organization migrate to making salesforce their homepage. I love the adaptation the teams have to it and that you can customize your dashboard so sales, marketing, integration, and other teams can all use it as they need to.

Cons

The cost, and sometimes Salesforce does not do a good job of showing the interoperability it has. There are so many features that make it a one-stop-shop for companies large and small, but it seems if the product is sold as a sales tool, it remains that way instead of showing the integration options for marketing and other teams.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce.com

I went to dreamforce and was sold!

features and functionality

William from Employment Assistance

Great CRM Tool

Once we started using Salesforce, we have increased our repeat business from our existing clients and our conversion rate from the leads and referrals we receive has skyrocketed. We are able to tailor our offerings to the prospects specific needs and their response has been overwhelmingly positive. We often get comments about how they feel like we understand them better than our competitors.

Pros

Salesforce is probably the most functional CRM tool on the market, and one of the easiest to set up and use. It worked right out of the box, and we have continued to expand the features we use. One of the best things are all the plugins available, which allow you to customize the environment to fit your business' specific requirements. Our revenues have doubled consistently year-to-year and our customer satisfaction ratings have improved dramatically since we began using Salesforce. My team has threatened to revolt if we ever consider moving to a different platform.

Cons

The licensing structure favors larger organizations, but the fees we pay are still reasonable for the value we get from the product.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce.com

Cost, and the reviews we read about Salesforce.

Kylee from SMS Holdings

Industry: Facilities Services

Great for reporting, but not an easy platform to learn.

If you or your team does not have the time to fully invest in training and learning the platform to a deep extent, than this software would be a waste for you. I would recommend speaking with a SalesForce consultant about the different reporting, campaigning, sales, etc. capabilities before making the investment. Though the Customer Support side of SalesForce, in terms of issue resolution, have not been helpful, the SalesForce sales team is very knowledgeable and give honest opinions on what different functions, plans, etc. they would recommend to fit your specific needs. The sales team has actually saved us money by showing us how to more efficiently manage our plan with them.

Pros

The reporting capabilities of SalesForce, especially now that they have switched over to the new Lightning experience, are a great asset for companies looking to track business development activities. Sales funnel reporting, gain-loss reports, call/meeting/email recaps, project lists, budgeting and customer contacts - SalesForce is your "one stop shop" for all of these reporting functions! My team has also loved having the ability to sign up for monthly emails that are based off of reports they have set up within SalesForce. This allows them to track any progress, trends or issues that need to be addressed upfront. My team has also enjoyed the email campaign tracking, which works in conjunction with the Pardot platform.

Cons

SalesForce is not an intuitive software to use and is not easily learned by all members of my team. This is what I like least about the software. Beyond that, customer support has been less than helpful. My team and I have often had to do our own research on Google and YouTube for solutions to problems the SalesForce Customer Service could not help us with. This platform takes a considerable amount of training to really be able to grasp its reporting and data entry capabilities. Beyond that, this product is not cheap! It is worth the investment for larger organizations, but I am not sure it is worth the cost for smaller companies.

Jerome from OrangeHRM

SalesForce is astounding for the most part at what it does, however can be hard to adjust to specifi

It monitors our hopefuls and customers discourses over some stretch of time which causes us return from where the last discussion had finished. A decent record data also with 360-perspective on data. Devices work quite a bit of some acclaimed person to person communication destinations and could be considered as a simple exploring stage.

Pros

A stage that offers deals the board, client administration, showcasing robotization and accomplice relationship the executives. It is a c cloud-based CRM arrangement, Salesforce gives you anyplace, whenever, access to your business information, even from cell phones. This stage helped us streamline our procedure and logged our discussion with every one of our customers/applicants monitoring the discourse history and knowing where we left at. It has a decent contact the board framework that enables the clients to store significantly more data like record/customer subtleties, addresses, other accessible data which permits a decent record information review. The Dashboard is adaptable and can fit to what their customer needs and requires for the particular procedure. It's a simple to explore programming particularly for the individuals who had been into cloud-based stage previously.

Cons

The multifaceted nature of its highlights here and there are not being depleted/augmented by little scale organizations and could get overpowering now and again. Evaluating might be somewhat high for a little organization particularly on the off chance that they need something that is progressively adaptable. For our group, it took us some time to explore the stage completely and consider was on the most proficient method to tweak the stage dependent on our necessities. Recognizing what is as of now accessible for us and what can be considered for what's to come is something that we get to profound plunge through the span of months and a great deal of cooperation and discussion with the group. Announcing issues may be somewhat hard as far as realizing who is responsible for certain specialized glitch if its Salesforce people themselves or some application that connects to it.

Andrew from Global Strategy Group

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great CRM platform, but not always worth Salesforce's continually increasing licensing costs

We used Salesforce to be our CRM and Professional Services Automation (PSA) system. We custom-built the PSA, but the CRM piece was mostly Salesforce out-of-the-box. Ultimately, if you can figure how to keep your licensing and other add-in costs in check, then Salesforce can be the right tool for you. Otherwise, you may find what we found, which is that Salesforce's continual cost increases eventually cause the platform to lose its ROI. We ultimately switched from Salesforce to Microsoft Dynamics 365 after Salesforce continually and forcibly raised their costs beyond our ROI threshold. The system was functionally fine, but the annual costs had simply become too much.

Pros

As a CRM platform, it's everything you could ask for. Also, its AppStore is top notch. From a functionality perspective, you cannot go wrong with Salesforce. Also, as one of the biggest and most widespread platforms, there are plenty of Salesforce resources out there, so there is no shortage of help available should you need it. If you are a small non-profit particularly, Salesforce can be an incredible resource as your first 10 licenses are free (as long as you qualify as a non-profit with Salesforce)

Cons

If you are a for-profit firm, be aware that Salesforce builds in an annual 7% licensing cost increase into it's contracts. As a result, you will be continually negotiating and re-negotiating with them to keep licensing costs reasonable. Even then, Salesforce will continually look to increase your spend with them. Their sales teams/account managers can be very aggressive and a lot of things you may want or need will cost you extra. They're also continually rotating their account managers. This can be very frustrating as a customer because just when you feel that you've built a good relationship with your account manager, Salesforce will switch people on you and then you have to work to rebuild a new relationship.

SalesForce + Pardot = Winning Team

My current company had been using Constant Contact before I arrived, and it was poorly managed... a huge mess, even... partially due to the staff being unable to coordinate, and partially because the software was a bit clunky. I was brought on during the SalesForce onboarding process, and 36 months later, with very little management efforts from our marketing/BD staff, our data is standardized, uniform, and easily accessible. Emails are scheduled to go out once a week, months in advance, based on templates first developed by our onboarding process, and we have been able to shift our marketing staff to more analytical projects that have given us the edge we needed to be on track to make our profit-sharing bonus numbers for the first time in years.

Pros

The ability to customize really makes SalesForce its own beast. I've worked for two companies that have used the software, and both looked very different, yet still intuitively the same. I like that if there isn't currently a solution for you, there are add-ons and plug-ins that can be fitted into your experience to make it an extremely tailored solution for a wide range of companies. Not only that, the customer support staff have some great tools at their disposal that give you an even deeper dimension of control, should you be unable to quite round the edges for your perfect fit. I like the seamless integration with Pardot. In addition, with Pardot's automation platform, you can literally save hours' worth of work as contact/prospect data can sync in nearly realtime, depending on the rules you've set up. If all this sounds perplexing, don't worry too much, as Salesforce has an amazing onboarding team that will work with your designated admin staff to utilize most of the software package from nearly any education/experience level.

Cons

There are some frustrating limitations with reporting in Pardot, and sometimes SalesForce integration with plug-ins can be a bit of a hassle if they weren't set up during the initial onboarding, but overall these are speedbumps at worst and don't detract from the overall experience enough to really worry about.

Elena from SEIU UHW

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

SalesForce: very powerful, but make sure you're ready!

We're a union, so we have a little bit of a different situation than a lot of businesses who use Salesforce, but it's been incredibly helpful in allowing us to build an internal leadership structure where we can show the relationships between our members. It has also allowed us to track member activity & engagement in some very powerful ways, and to track the work of our organizers and representatives.

Pros

Really allows you to track your customers/clients/members/leads and see the arc of their interaction with your organization. If you also use something like Pardot to manage emails and online forms, it will give you a complete life timeline for the individual and how they have interacted with you. Allows you to create a journey & experience based on their interactions with you and to give quick follow-up when someone shows signs of life. The only caveat here is that you have to be ready to use it. That means more than just having people trained in how to use the interface, but making sure everyone is on board for how this kind of data can and SHOULD inform and change how you interact with your clientele. If you're used to getting back to people within 24 hours, you need to be ready to shift that to 20 minutes. If you're used to treating everyone the same, you'd better be ready to create drip/nurture programs based on behavior. If you aren't ready to use it to its full capacity, it isn't worth the investment, but if you are able to use it the way it's meant to be used, it's incredibly powerful.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I know that I still have barely scratched the surface of what I could be able to do, but I don't have time to devote to just learning SalesForce when it's not my core job. Definitely recommended for larger orgs where you can have a team devoted to support. Also, I hate the way they continually try to sell you new add-ons to the core product.

Mike from LifeSwitch Addiction Counseling Services

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Top-Shelf and Well-Worth the Price

I have had fantastic experiences with sf.com in several capacities including as sales manager and a front-line revenue producer (hunter). The software is very intuitive so tracking appointments, birthdays of clients, last conversations had (and all other last activities) can not only be saved but can be set up with a time stamp/alarm for follow-up. As a direct sales contributor, sf.com was the only tool I needed to be successful and is comprehensive in its ability to keep an eye on the business. All quotations can be done through the software and the metrics from each quote go into "the system" so that pipeline reports by sales person, group, region, or entire company can be seen and used as a management tool. Literally, I could go on and on about all the benefits of the software. If used properly any sales person should see increased revenue from adding this software as it is a time-safer and organizer.

Pros

Packs a punch in features that can be turned on and turned off as needed when business trends and sales needs change. Worth the price as a stand-alone sales CRM and sales tool for a small business with just a handful of reps while at the same time being equally effective as a platform for a company with 1000+ sales people that want integration between multiple departments. Excellent security against both outside and inside threats and manipulation. User definition fields so numerous that it allows for unique user roles for every employee on the system if desired.

Cons

Like most software tools, sf.com has a learning curve and there will be some in the company that are resistant to the change. If those people are not pushed and required to use the system completely it detracts from the overall benefit of the software. The software is more expensive than its competitors - many times significantly more expensive. Also the packages start at the price for 5 users so if you are a small business with yourself and two employees, you will pay for 5 users even though you may only need 2 or 3 users.

Salesforce is Most Capable Platform

Overall experience has been great. We have grown as a company at 30% percent since adopting. We launched on the Lighting UI and I highly recommend the same for anyone that is looking to launch the product. There are a ton of resources that will help with implementation which is great!

Pros

The best part and worst part of being on the Salesforce platform is the ability to customize the tool to your needs. If you have a specific process, permission, security that you need to be able to accommodate, you will always have the ability on the platform. The mobile app is great and is used most of our users. There are some areas for improvement, but overall great. Salesforce also does a great job of implementing new features and changes based on their community feedback. The Ideaexchange is an amazing tool and SF does a great job basing their changes on wheat the people want. Finally, TrailHead is the best in the business. The ability to self teach is amazing and SF does a wonderful job keeping all the moduels up to date.

Cons

The same thing why Salesforce is great with flexibility and customization also make things very difficult. The best way to describe this is Salesforce is a like a beautiful house on the outside. They give you the roof/doors/walls, BUT what you put in the house and how you arrange is all your own doing. This makes it difficult if you need a specific issue taken care of, you will need to reach out to a developer to accomplish unless you have one in-house. Also the App exchange although very great, can get very expensive. A lot of companies make a living taking a Salesforce idea and perfecting, then selling on the app exchange. This can come in handy, but also at a cost.

Dennis from Convergys

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

CRM? Client Database? Candidate Tracking System? Well, Salesforce is the man!

Salesforce is a great tool in managing clienteles and candidates. It is great in terms of managing client and candidate relationship and gives the ambiance that they are talking to a real person without sacrificing too much time. You can also open it everywhere - on app, laptop or computer because all you need to do is to download the mobile version and you can access it using any browser.

Pros

Salesforce powers both our business development, sales, and recruiting efforts in our company. Salesforce makes it easy for us to know what is the last stage of a candidate, what are the next steps he needs to take in his candidacy for a single position, and also if he has already been talking to someone else in our company. Salesforce also makes it possible for us to know what was the last message we sent out to a single candidate or client. It is also great in terms of establishing relationship because we can customize HTML emails as if we are sending a tailor-fitted email to a single person even-though it is just an email blast. It is great as well in terms of driving sales and business development effort. We can keep track of the cadence of each possible client, and we can also indicate if they are set for a phone meeting or in-person meeting with our higher ops. The chatter is also great, and from time to time Salesforce gives us a snapshot of what we have done and what we are doing.

Cons

I really don't have a lot of bad experience with regards to us using Salesforce. Maybe one thing they can improve on is how their technical support works. Sometimes they are not that helpful, and they are not that trained enough in resolving each person's concern.

Robert from Financial Investment News

A robust CRM that helps you manage your customers, track your performance and grow your business.

A hub for organizing our customers and tracking our performance.

Pros

I really enjoy how customizable Salesforce is, you can completely tailor each section, such as your page layouts for leads, contacts and accounts to display the data that matters to your business. The software allows you to create new fields, organize them how you'd like and even create automation tools to trigger workflows and email alerts based off of your entries. Outside of the native Salesforce capabilities is a massive app store called the appexchange that allows you to connect your environment with services such as MailChimp for marketing emails, DocuSign for executing contracts and more. Salesforce is not always simple but once it is understood it can be manipulated to fit any businesses needs. We love the report feature because we can pull information on all fields that matter to us in each section (tab) of Salesforce to measure our performance. If your reports often have a defined criteria and date range you can easily schedule email alerts to receive without having to pull manually.

Cons

The customer service is bad. Unless you are looking to upgrade your account somehow or purchase a new product you wont be able to contact anyone. You can purchase the customer service package but it is an additional amount. The package allows you to contact customer support via phone - without it you will need to submit a ticket which sometimes takes over a week to resolve. In my opinion no one should have to pay extra to receive quality service for a product they own. Additionally, Salesforce offers customers the opportunity to request fixes/updates to the service and vote on top priority items. I've seen these items often times sit in the queue for 3-5 years. When it's a change that the majority of your customers are demanding there needs to be some priority to that! I think some advice I'd give to Salesforce is to do a better job at not only pushing out new products but ensuring that after they are pushed out they are continuously being monitored and improved , not abandoned. We purchased Pardot three years ago and found that to be a huge mistake because it seemed to be abandoned by Salesforce as the moved onto Marketing Cloud and other ventures. There have been no improvements to Pardot (a Salesforce product) in the last 3 years - it has remained exactly the same even with all of the suggestions provided by customers. We also tried Quip (a Salesforce product) and found it to be similarly undone so decided not to go down that road again.

Mark from Concordia University Portland

Best CRM in the market, without question. Learning curve to administer but well worth it

Automation of common tasks saved us time. Documenting conversations and tracking new data gave us the ability to work with the right person at the right time. 3rd party apps were easy to find and integrate into our business processes. Saved time by building drip campaigns during the recruiting process. Adding new fields meant we could be agile in implementing new ideas and pilot projects.

Pros

Customizable - allows organizations to track anything and everything Automation - easy to build workflows to automate repetitive tasks Security - can control access to fields, records, or entire objects by user type. Access and security are vital and easily maintained and deployed Innovative - Salesforce is consistently voted one of the most innovative companies in the world. Quarterly releases are packed with new features to support users and administrators Community - the Salesforce community is incredible. Find answers from other users and administrators through Salesforce's gigantic communities. Equality - Salesforce is a champion for equality and equity for all. It is important that we are partnering with a company that views equality as a core value. Philanthropy - Salesforce has been committed to giving back since it was founded. Again, sharing the work with a partner that has strong values is an important business lever. Training - hours and hours of free training exist at the click of a button. ANYONE can learn to administer Salesforce by using Salesforce Trailhead, their online training module.

Cons

Can be difficult to use and learn, particularly for administrators. Maintaining documentation is vital and is left to the organizational administrators without much advice from Salesforce. All the possibilities can be overwhelming for new users and administrators.

Piotr from NewVoiceMedia

Jack of all trades in the CRM world, yet, imperfect and expensive.

Pros

It's a very complex and versatile piece of software, there's a lot to like about it: - it can be used for Sales and Service - it is cloud-based and can be used by teams scattered around the whole world - it can be customised to suit all business types, from selling companies to clinics etc. - it has a very rich marketplace, if you did not find what you were after baked in, you will probably find it in the AppExchange - it has a lot of integrations, e.g. email, CTI - it is cross-platform, you can use it on phones, tablets, MacOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux - it is very secure and has a very granular security options - you have access to all your data, you can export raw data anytime you need it for security and migration purposes - it has an insane deal of automation, you can apply a lot of automatic jobs, workflows, processes that will automate your daily tasks, allowing you to focus on the most important tasks for your business cutting down on the admin for the regular users

Cons

- first of all, it is quite expensive, on the other hand, building and using an in-house CRM can be even more expensive, before purchasing, however, make sure if you need all the bells and whistles, as you might just as well get a competitor's CRM that will suit your needs and will be cheaper - complexity has its price, to configure all of this, you will need a bunch of well trained certified and experienced admins, employing incompetent admins will expose your business to unnecessary downtimes - competent and experienced admins, on the other hand, are also very expensive and not necessarily easy to find - Salesforce can be very fragile to changes, making a small change can sometimes cause a chain reaction immobilizing your business, every change has to be thoroughly tested in Sandboxes Before deciding to use Salesforce I recommend doing a research to make sure your business will benefit from Salesforce's features. It is a great tool and can really help your business provided there is a good justification. Otherwise, you might be better off with something simpler.

SalesForce is amazing generally at what it does, but can be difficult to adapt to specific needs.

At the end of the day even though I complain about salesforce it makes life easier when you are part of a sales organization. You have access to all records associated with a particular account. You can track lead history, marketing engagement, lost opps, and just about anything else you'd need to know.

Pros

Salesforce does everything. It presents you with powerful tools to run reports, create dashboards, and search for info (accounts,leads, contacts, etc..). As far as managing customer-facing business, financials, acticity, contracts, etc... It's the best. And for the most part if Salesforce can't do what you need specifically they probably have a third-party provider that you can plugin ala Zuora. From a user perspective it's very easy to get granular with data you are trying to explore and present it in a number of ways. Figuring out there reporting and dashboarding tools makes it extremely powerful.

Cons

Salesforce is generally great, but being a best in class CRM for general purposes means that certain specific needs of one company might not always be met. It's their challenge for sure (kind of like a POS). Lots of different use cases all generally falling under the same category. Besides that the only cons I have are sort of nitpicky day-in-day-out stuff. It takes too many clicks to say log a mtg or update someone's status. A sales operations leader of mine one time did an analysis of how many clicks within salesforce a rep makes in a day and the number was staggering. Reporting on leads and contacts together is also kind of a pain and sometimes impossible.

Our company has been using Salesforce for around 2 years now and I can say it served our needs well.

It keeps good track of our candidates and clients discussions over a period of time which helps us get back from where the last conversation had ended. A good account information as well with 360-view of information. Tools operate much of some famous social networking sites and could be considered as an easy-navigating platform.

Pros

A platform that offers sales management, customer service, marketing automation and partner relationship management. It is a c cloud-based CRM solution, Salesforce gives you anywhere, anytime, access to your business data, even from mobile devices. This platform helped us streamline our process and logged our conversation with each of our clients/candidates keeping track of the discussion history and knowing where we left at. It has a good contact management system that allows the users to store a lot more information like account/client details, addresses, other available information which allows a good account info overview. The Dashboard is customizable and can fit to what their client needs and requires for the specific process. It's an easy to navigate software especially for those who had been into cloud-based platform before.

Cons

The complexity of its features sometimes are not being exhausted/maximized by small-scale businesses and could get overwhelming at times. Pricing may be a bit high for a small company especially if they want something that is more customizable. For our team, it took us a while to navigate the platform fully and think of was on how to customize the platform based on our needs. Knowing what is already available for us and what can be considered for the future is something that we get to deep dive over the course of months and a lot of collaboration and dicussion with the team. Reporting issues might be a bit hard in terms of knowing who is responsbile for certain technical glitch if its Salesforce folks themselves or some app that links to it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 15,543 reviews