• Pros

• "I really like this for our projects. It is easy to use and has helpful areas to keep track during a project. The setup and use flows very easily and is intuitive "

• "Very simple to operate and easy to understand. Highly efficient and works "

• "It is easy to use, well integrated with Slack and CakeHR, a very flexible tool to book and track time "

• Cons

• "I would like to see an area for future goals and performance appraisals. This may be able to be done through the custom fields but I have not had a chance to explore that yet. "

• "I cannot get notification via email or slack when somebody requests a day off . I only see them on the web version so it means I have to have the page open all the time or I risk missing requests."

• "Addition of the project could be better as short duration and mutiple project takes away the main calender."

Browse Teamdeck Reviews

Overall it is a great tool, they have their fair share of challenges trying a new UX that is not seen in similar softwares in the industry. The initial onboarding was hard and we had our VP of Engineering championing the teamdeck and answer everyone's questions every day for some time, but now we are past that phase.

Pros

Calendar is really good, where I can see everyone's allocations, leaves (sick/casual/annual), availability and time spent in a very intuitive way. I did however had to get on boarded on the different sections like allocations/leaves/ and time worked, those icons are very small and weren't self explanatory in calendar view.

Cons

I dread the reports section, because I have seen it provide incorrect numbers. Also, I don't find it easy to use and easily customisable.

Reasons for Choosing Teamdeck

We do use Harvest in a different setting and for different people, but we have found Teamdeck to be cheaper. Also, teamdeck's calendar view is really good, it just needs to be more intuitive for new users.

Gerardo Esteban from No office location

I use this software daily at work, it works great even with low internet bandwidth.

I select the project I am going to be working on, start tracking time, and start to do my tasks, when I need to leave my computer I stop the time tracking. If you need to switch between projects is cool and allows to track time you spend on several projects. By far and til now it has been a great experience.

Pros

It helps to track the time I've been doing a task for a project, and have some sort of idea of the time is taking on the tasks and projects. You can track time by projects which is cool. You can create reports of the time spend by projects on your team.

Cons

It does not have a user idle function which stops automatically if you leave your desktop, it's not something that bad, you just have to be careful of stoping the time tracker when you leave you computer for a moment. This will be good or bad depends on the honestly of the team you manage as admin.

Neacail from Tangent Solutions

Overall nice package

Pros

It is easy to use. The api documentation was really well written, allowing us to easily incorporate it into existing systems, and even use Teamdeck data in a power BI dash board for custom visuals and analysis . It has allowed our project managers to really keep tabs on things once the team started working from home.

Cons

Your api per-page-pagination is set to 20 by default, but 50 max. It would be great if this could be greatly increased. This limitation really limits the GET requests when using Microsoft's Power platform custom connectors, which can't handle multiple pages(at least not automatically). Typically when we GET projects/bookings/time-entries you want to get all of them.

Tim from COAX Software

Planning & Tracking is fine, Reports are poor, experience is slow

I can deal with it, but once a week the experience with Teamdeck is just frustrating

Pros

Planning & Tracking features Flexibility in filters

Cons

Loading all the timetable for all the time - no need for that, it takes time to load and laggs a lot if we use view for the entire team (~50 people). Would be good to display only selected month at least. Reports can't be exportend in PDF, with a quality layout, that can be showed to our investors. Teamdeck doesn't show the real time sutiation, you have to refresh the page all the time to see latest updates from colleagues. The tool sometimes laggs and shows wrong data in report, we have to do triple check before collecting stats and calculate budgets based on timetracking. Reccuring bookings would also be a great feature (e.g. each week on Monday & Tuesday, etc.) The timetable is also taking too much space on the screen. Imagine 50 people add 10 tracking objects each day. Scrolling through 500 records + 50 empty spaces for "+" symbol for adding new record is just painful.

Reasons for Choosing Teamdeck

We didn't have time to develop own solution for our needs. But soon we'll have time for it and if Teamdeck will not meet our needs so far, we'll switch over.

Ali from Tintash

TeamDeck Review

Pros

User can easily lock his hours and ,as well AS there are many options that makes the app more detailed featured

Cons

I have a very limited use. so i can't explain the cons properly

Dewald from Sybrin

One stop shop for managing my team

Easy to chat, and share files

Pros

There are a lot of addons to make use such as windows forms and power bi, which is used as a shortcut to show data on our progress

Cons

If you're laptop disconnects from the internet and reconnects, you need to manually refresh team, would be nice if it can do that automatically. Downloading of files are horrible, it should open the file when the download is complete like outlook

Valerio from Unit9

Teamdeck for producers

It is easy to use and easy to train other people. Fast booking tool. Well integrated

Pros

Cons

Reports take a lot time before being generated. Would also be good to have an App (maybe simplified version)

David from Enosys Solutions

Does exactly what we needed

When I joined the company we needed a simple tool that is easy to use that showed utilisation at an individual resource level so that we could understand where we have capacity. Teamdeck does all of that for us.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set up. As a user I am not overwhelmed by unnecessary features. When we set up the system I had a number of questions about reporting that I mailed through to the team and got really good responeses in a quick turnaround.

Cons

As an IT company I often have engineers working out of hours. It would be good to have a feature that allowed us to tag out of hours work. It's not a problem with the software though, more a feature that would be useful for us. As a PM I'd also love an MS Project plug in.

Muhammad from Tintash

A must have for timesheet keeping and time harvesting

Pros

It is a complete package. It provides good analytics numbers for team managers. It helps checkout throughput of your resources very easily

Cons

The hover pop-ups get annoying when they don't disappear.

Kagan from Kaleseramik

Best Team Bounding App

Best app and ergonomic tool for me and my partners.

Pros

Planning future of my team and becoming a master of mine.

Cons

Maybe. They can add further options. Like talent management, performance management

Reasons for Choosing Teamdeck

Unique app that I am looking for

Velislav from LimeChain - Blockchain Consulting and Development

Teamdeck is great for small and midsize businesses

It gives a good picture on the overall pipeline with projects and team utilisation + gives us an idea how much work we can get and if we need to hire more people.

Pros

- Easy UX - Nice reporting but needs a bit of improvements on the UX. Also need to add copy report or something like this. There are also minor bugs, but nothing major. OOTB utilisation calculations are

Cons

They have some work to do on the vacations tracking part. I want to be able to set allowed paid leave per team member and when they take paid leave this should be tracked and deducted from their balance. I can do this with report, but it should be out of the box. Also, they have to add option for utilisation forecasting because at the moment, the only way to do it is to create an Unknown team member and start planning him on potential projects. For example if you see he is planned 700%, this means , 7 people . So not good on this point, but still manageable.

My opinion

Pros

I like most, how I can have a quick view of my whole team

Cons

- New view (I don't like, neither compact one) - Sometimes rows collapse and you can't see information - Slow

Agnieszka from BEG Studio

Smart, simple and elegant solution

As a designer and studio owner I value the simplicity, UX and of course the design of the application. In this case teamdeck is one of the best tools I ever tried. The setup is incredibly simple and the UX is great - sleek and intuitive. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to change these heavily looking management tools to something powerful and well designed.

Pros

Elegant interface Modern design Easy to setup & use Fair price Amount of features - complete solution from resource scheduling, leave management, time tracking to availability management

Cons

More integrations would be a benefit

Response from apptension

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased that you like our product! Keep up doing great work!

James from Unit9

Great At What It Does

Fantastic, and will continue to use it.

Pros

We’ve been using this software for as long as I’ve been at the company and it’s a fantastic tool to track hours spent with certain projects, which is key in my job role.

Cons

The UI can be a bit confusing but I’m used to it by now - I’d say it could do with being more user friendly for first time users.

Suresh from Wininfosoft

Best Product

Pros

I have like this software attendance time system.

Cons

I am like about this software manually attendance report.

Ladislav from Tieto

we didnt have similat tool in our company and Teamdeck helped with project and capacity planning

Pros

Perfect tool for people management, I can see my team capacity

Cons

Good project and capacity planning, Its helpful for managers and PM

Gabriela from Ameeba Shapes

Team management made easy

Pros

Doesn't have 1000 features that nobody needs. It's focused, easy to use and simple.

Cons

Would like to view the vacation days taken for the entire year (not just for the current month).

Daria from TSUKAT

A good tool

Pros

As a company, we were seeking for a tool for resource planning and project-based time tracking, So Teamdeck suited us perfectly. You can see/create all kind of timesheets reports you might need for your company

Cons

Payments bugs no opportunity to integrate team deck directly to our task manager tool but it is understandable)

Siti Zulaikha from PETRONAS

My Experience of using Teamdeck

- Convenient to key in & edit data - Flexibility in generating report - I like the tag function

Pros

Cons

- The report section is sluggish and require longer time to load data - The web application is frequently hang when user wanted to key in their data - Unable to customise the email reminder to sound more friendly to our users

Reasons for Choosing Teamdeck

- Has a booking function. Its really helpful for our resource planning - Mobile application is something we look forward as our people having constraint to key in input using laptop

Maaz from Tintash

Teamdeck Review

Pros

1) Ease of marking bookings and off time i.e. annual leaves etc... Like the timeline thing. 2) Can also distinguish between paid time and unpaid time. 3) They have an API with which we can import data into our attendance system.

Cons

1) The timeline acts funny at times which gets very frustrating. Sometimes the bookings disappear or the time people logged disappear. Have to refresh multiple times for them to appear again. 2) Making your own personal views of different projects is cumbersome. It should be simplified and self explanatory. Also, there should be an option to make these views public or personal. 3) May be add weekly reminders if an employee hasn't been booked on something. Email or push notification reminder.

Johan from Tangent Intelligent Automation

Teamdeck Review

Pros

It's easy to use and has a very nice interface. Works perfectly for recording my timesheets.

Cons

I can't really say. I use it to record my daily timesheets and it works perfectly for that. I have nothing negative to say about the software.

Thomas from Viscom Engineering AG

Industry: Facilities Services

Helpful tool for team organisation

Pros

Easy to use and a good overview for our team

Cons

There should be more options to show other information, e.g. the description in the tooltip of a booking. It should be possible, to give different number of hours per day, e.g. on Friday.

Albert from everis

Nice tool to organize and forecast teams

Teamdeck helps us to control easily all the team utilization.

Pros

It's easy to add new users and projects. Also, it gives features to control easily the total of hours per day, controlling not doing overtime. A fantastic functionality is the splitting mode for a project. Sometimes you have large projects, but you need to split a specific day.

Cons

Not having a "waiting for approval" functionality. Sometimes, if you are trying to organise a big team with different projects, it will be nice to put on the calendar as a draft.

Ruxandra from Digitail - Software for Veterinary Clinics

Industry: Veterinary

Great platform

Pros

It's straightforward and easy to use! I can easily keep tracks of holidays and days off.

Govind from Arctic Innovation

Industry: Research

Works well

Pros

It is easy to use and you can visualize the key data as per you need

Cons

Adding projects can be more simpler but OK to do it.

Irina from Binwell

Industry: Program Development

experience using teamdeсk

In general, teamdeck meets our requirements. Questions and bugs are quickly resolved through support.

Pros

We needed a resource planning tool with the ability to mark actual time. And also reports that will meet our requirements. All this is in this service, and we can do reports ourselves, it's convenient.

Cons

While there are still bugs that do not allow to use reports in full. Another weak point is the slow loading of pages and reports.

David from ASCC

This is a great software to track team members during a project

This is great software to use when managing a project.

Cons

Tomas from Tieto CZECH s.r.o.

Fine tool for someone

We are using it only due management. Else we wouldn't need to use duplicity software.

Pros

Easy to use for anybody who got at least IQ 70+

Cons

Sometimes there is some slowness People just must get used to the graphic

Reasons for Choosing Teamdeck

We didn't. The management did because they need to see all data on one place

Gareth from Saggezza Digital

Met our immediate needs

Average - meets our needs so we use it.

Pros

It met our immediate (and at the time, urgent) need for a timesheet software. had all the relevant options and feature so it was chosen.

Cons

Very buggy sofware, especially with the reporting

Price

Sandipan from Gramener Technology Solutions

Easy to understand & Use

It is great.

Pros

Simple application to maintain records. Easy to edit and process. Different views to see time sheet is a great option.

Cons

Cannot think of anything that I did not like. though my usage is limited to few options, I really enjoy it as it is very efficient and simple to use.

K.C. from Skuid, Inc.

Teamdeck is great!

I just started using teamdeck and it has been a cool product. It's clean and organized and has been very helpful in the short time I've used it.

Works well

I am very pleased to use the product and find value for money in this.

Pros

Very simple to operate and easy to understand. Highly efficient and works

Alexandre from Ubisoft

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Efficiency and powerful

I think it's about the time. Its more easy to endle my time.

Pros

I like the fact that you can easily see what have to do and what is doing.

Cons

It's a plus in terms of saving time. You are more organize so can do more things during a day.

Andreas from PT Praisindo Teknologi

Industry: Investment Banking

Effectiveness using teamdeck

Pros

Availability vs booking time is good when u mark red so we know the sources or people already used fully

Cons

hard to used report management, somehow i think got diff calculation in % of Availability vs booking time

Simply enough on what I need

Pros

The pricing of the system is just enough based on the features we need and the reporting with a customizations availability

Cons

The loading of the web screen is quite slow.