• Pros

• "the ease of use and the support are very well provided"

• "Really easy to use, high levels of control, good customisation options"

• "Product is easy to use. I love how fast we can generate valuable customer reviews"

• Cons

• "At times the interface can be a little overwhelming but if you take your time, follow the tutorials you will be just fine."

• "It is pricey, worth it- yes. But, it's not a small cost by any means."

• "Installation looks easy at first but sometimes requires some knowledge of coding. Not a real con but I thought you should know that."

Browse Yotpo Reviews

Travis from Sharp Commerce

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

Justin from Cozy Earth

Easy To Use

It's been great for the most part.

Pros

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Just staying with Trustpilot or looking at other options.

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

Better ease of use and more functionality.

Response from Yotpo

Replied October 2019

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Sue from KIND2

Great customer review app

Pros

Easy to configure, customise, integrate and use

Cons

Pricing does seem aligned to larger businesses

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

Cost and flexibility, suitability for smaller DTC business

Response from Yotpo

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. If you have any questions regarding your current plan or any of our other plans, please feel free to contact our customer service at any time.

Albin from Online Store

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how incompetent we are. Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued. 2. There were two of us working in Yotpo, and it was a bit problematic. During the summer there were six of us, and we had to come up with our own solutions to prevent two or three of us not to answer the same reviews, or four of us trying to find the answer to the same question. There is no way to see what questions your colleagues are working with, and no way to make notes on a question or review. We usually spend an hour every day copying all the questions to a separate online document, and all the reviews (with rating, user e-mail address, and order number) to another document to be able to handle it.

Response from Yotpo

Replied November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience, we absolutely understand your frustration. We are constantly working on improving our product, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. Please know that our support team is at your disposal and are ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing. Again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a critical part of our ongoing efforts to improve.

Jeanette from Kountry Cuties Inc.

Goodbye Mailchimp! Hello Yotpo!

I'm very pleased. I'm also impressed with the staff. They've been super helpful and friendly.

Pros

I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day) .

Cons

Wish there were more options for email templates. Sometimes I don't have time to custom create a new look so if there were more options where I could just plug in my over verbiage and photos of products it would be super helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Price and ability to keep everything in one place

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

Cost and the ability to keep everything in house. I hated having multiple platforms for various things.

Response from Yotpo

Replied January 2021

Thank you for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Alli from Wicked Sheets

Very pleased with core product!

It's been wonderful working with Yotpo; their team is so helpful and positive.

Pros

We were in desperate need for automated, Verified reviews that didn't require us to monitor or control the spam or misdirected customer service inquires on our site, for a price that we could afford. Yotpo was that solution for us.

Cons

In order to unleash all of the greatness that Yotpo has to offer, you jump from an affordable price to a price that only large co's can afford. Wish there was an option in between.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

1) Ease of implementation and use. 2) Great customer support. 3) Competitors using the same software.

Response from Yotpo

Replied January 2021

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide the solutions you needed. We are constantly working on our pricing to try and make sure our customers are on their best fitting plan. We do understand that it sometimes doesn't work out. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your plan or any of our other plans.

Stephen from Revant Optics

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

We were originally on Magento, and Yotpo was the best option that integrated well with that platform, had Google Seller Ratings, and customization capabilities we needed.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2020

Hi Stephen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly working on improving our product and our customer service, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Ben from Manuka Doctor

Has helped our business

Pros

Yotpo has allowed us to gather thousands of customer reviews that help provide social proof to drive new customer purchases. We have been using the softeware successfully for over 2 years and have now signed up to their SMS marketing platform.

Cons

The Facebook advertising integration is very basic and does not allow for well crafted adverts to be launched.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

I was more confident in what was offered by Yotpo and it works across our multiple websites.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2020

Hello Ben! Thank you for the amazing review! We're happy to know you've been enjoying Yotpo for so long and that you keep seeing great results.

Catarina from Dem Socks Ltd

Reviewing the Reviews

For a small company, every bit of feedback matters to build brand trust and confidence and I wouldn't have been able to do it without Yotpo.

Pros

Yotpo has been a very good asset to my company as it has made it very easy to capture user feedback on my products and subsequently display them on the website. Their integration with WooCommerce is seamless and the ease of capturing reviews with an email integrated form is super quick.

Cons

The only negative for me is how their external scripts can affect my site speed, perhaps this is something they can work on improving as in this day an age speed is key for converting viewers into customers.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

There were some brands that I am familiar with using Yotpo so I went with them.

Response from Yotpo

Replied November 2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We work hard to meet our customers' expectations, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Yemin from LocoBeauty

Best review app period.

More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

Chantell from Cable Bullet

A great asset to our company!

When we first integrated YotPo, we had an increase in revenue because potential buyers were able to read reviews and see photos from other customers, making them feel more confident and educated in purchasing our products. UGC is an essential component of our website, and YotPo offers a simple-to-use software that easily integrates those revenue-increasing elements on our website. Overall, YotPo has been a great tool for our company - increasing our revenue and helping us seamlessly integrate reviews and photos on our website.

Pros

YotPo has been a super helpful tool for our company to curate customer reviews and visual content. The platform is very straight-forward to learn and navigate. The analytics feature has been a great component to help us track UGC and interaction with the widgets on our website. Our personal rep has also been really great to work with! She does a wonderful job of informing us of new YotPo features and analyzing our content for areas of growth. Another great feature is that photos can be attached to reviews, and the photos in our website gallery include the review or social media post they were included with. YotPo's customer service team has been readily available and very supportive in troubleshooting. They always follow up & stick with an issue until it's resolved.

Cons

I've run into an issue with the visual content curator that hasn't been solved, even with multiple conversations with customer service. When I manually upload, some photos with a portrait ratio end up looking skewed and distorted. There's no software solution for this, so I've had to just resize images on my own to avoid it. Other improvements I'd like to see are increased visual settings for photo galleries, greater customization options for review request emails, and the capacity to see how many reviews included photos (this is not currently a data point I can see in analytics).

Response from Yotpo

Replied March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying using Yotpo and are seeing the benefits on your website. We are constantly working on improving our product and your feedback is incredibly important to up.

Joe from PNW Journey

Great Platform Overall

Overall, the platform has been pretty great. Our biggest gripe would be in the pricing. As a small business it is incredibly hard to have all of the important things (like a review platform) we need to be successful and also drive the kind of revenue we need to be sustainable. Every service costs money and it adds up quick. Most services are not small business focused as they get a lot more money from enterprise packages, which is unfortunate us little guys. Yotpo does offer growth packages, but they ramp up in price really quickly.

Pros

Reviews are incredibly important and Yotpo is a great platform to deliver them. They offer quite a few features in the lower priced tiers and are relatively easy to use. Yotpo is a recognized name by many consumers as a trusted reviews platform, which is a great benefit. Support has always been quick and helpful. They are a Google reviews partner, which is important to us.

Cons

The interface could be easier to navigate. The price is pretty high, but going cheaper means you may not get a platform that people know and trust.

Google partner, trusted platform

Response from Yotpo

Replied January 2021

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with Yotpo and the results you've been seeing. We are constantly iterating our pricing/plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the plan you're on or the other plans we offer.

Seth from Precision Pro Golf

Industry: Sporting Goods

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

It was very clear that Yotpo was providing the absolute best solution compared to its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

We saw this as a big opportunity. We knew we made a quality product and delivered great customer service to our customers. The feedback that we were getting was extremely positive, but we weren't getting very many reviews because we weren't actively soliciting them. Plus, the reviews we did receive didn't come across to others as legitimate. Yotpo solved all that.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Ellie from Knifewear

Premium customer reviews solution

Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Abraham from wholesale Home

Great functionality but...

Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Since Yotpo integrates well with this rewards app

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

I wanted to get more reviews by integrating it to a rewards program. Also I wanted something more custom to my website design.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

Meghan from Cleveland Kitchen

Great integration with Shopify

Pros

We recently switched over our ecommerce to Shopify and with it added Yotpo to our integrations to collect reviews. I love the automation and the ease of set-up for basic review collection (and that we were able to send an initial manual-request to previous customers) as well as the straight-forward dashboard for review moderation.

Cons

It is rather frustrating how many of the features are blocked behind certain tiers and payment levels -- have sometimes run into something I thought we'd be able to use (like integration with Klaviyo or Q&A) that are not available to us unless we spring for a higher payment level -- and given our order volume right now it isn't an upgrade that makes sense at this time. I also wish more customer service was available at the lower tiers - the chat box has only been moderately helpful when I've utilized it for troubleshooting.

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. We apologize for the delayed response from customer service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch again if you are encountering any difficulties and we'll do our best to support you.

Matthew from Mason Brands

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.

Katie from Badgley Mischka Web

Amazing Application

Yotpo really encourages our users to leave reviews on our site which is invaluable as far SEO is concerned. It has created a forum for customers to ask questions about products and share their real life experience and use of our products. It has improved our customer engagement and we have really gained insight into their journey on our site.

Pros

Easy to build photo galleries. Easy to collect social media posts relating to our products. Customer reviews are easy to filter and display and their sentiment readings help filter out problematic reviews. Collecting reviews is extremely easy and we receive a steady stream everyday.

Cons

We dont use the tool as best we can. Gathering permissions for user generated content has been a slow process.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

As a customer I recognized many brands in the yotpo community. When seeing the brands using this service it all made sense. They all stood out as some of my favorite brands and I always wanted to emulate these companies marketing strategies. Yotpo is the engine behind these brands success at engaging customers, collecting feedback or reviews, and getting the conversation going about why these brands and their products are so loved.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Katie! We really appreciate you leaving a review and are happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the benefits.

Elise from The Synergy Effect

Great Review Platform - Could Be Better

Overall, Yotpo is a great reviews platform that is easy to use and manage, even across multiple brands and products, all under one account.

Pros

In terms of functionality, Yotpo is easy to implement and use, from both a front-end and back-end perspective. It easily hosts your product's (or company's) reviews and displays them on the website is a visually aesthetic way, with customizable features.

Cons

It would be great to implement a feature that allows the user on the customer's end to have more filter options for the reviews. There are other review platforms that have more fields to answer, therefor offering more information for the customer to browse when looking at reviews. Since referrals and reviews are one of the first things customers look at before purchasing, giving more information options (beyond name, product, and product rating) along with making filter features easy to accessible allows the customer to access more detailed information, but helps to make the conversion quicker.

Cody from Shady Lake Visionaries LLC

Yotpo is a must have!

Pros

The ease of use is incredible. The dashboard is very easy to navigate and make changes that will help your business.

Cons

How it only hooks up to Google sometimes. It was all the time during search it would be hard to beat.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Price, Support, and Features.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Cody! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community. It sounds like you might be describing an integration issue - if that's the case, please feel free to reach out to our support team who would love to help out.

stuart from one pound sweets

good service

decent but wont be paying more than we are now $29. not worth the money

Pros

the review platform looks and works well on the website with easy integration

Cons

the review platform is very expensive for what it is - basically just sending emails to customers. so the more emails they send the more you pay, but it is way more than should be.. over £1000 if you have thousands of orders a month like we do we pay lowest plan just to keep the reviews on the site

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

trustpilot is a bigger rip off

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please know that we understand your frustration. We always try to ensure that a business is on their 'most fitting' plan, and that how much they're paying aligns with the services they're receiving and what their business needs to succeed. While our pricing model is intended to most comfortably scale with your business, we realize it's not always the best fit. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about billing or the features available in your plan.

John from Beast Brands, Inc.

Arguably the best out there, bit pricey

Yotpo is one of the best and possible the best in online ecomm reviews.

Pros

Automated reviews and automated settings, social push, and rich snippets

Cons

Doesn't integrate with subscription apps (though does integrate with shopify) and price.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

We consider numerous apps in the shopify app store.

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

Yotpo offers more functionality and integrations.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi John! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying Yotpo! We're constantly working to improve our product and how we serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Jorden from Skid Steer Solutions, INC.

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Good Bad Great Good Great Amazing Bad and Great Again

Yotpo has a great product but I experienced a few issues in my time using it that were extremely inhibiting to me finding my groove with it. I think they need a custom plan for low volume high priority/price retailers online but I am happy they were able to customize my billing and make it easier to stay onboard - it's not entirely what I need being that we are low volume and high price. Yes, we do exist. I think that for $ a month, I should be able to whitelabel with the Powerhouse plan, for some reason they think I shouldn't but I understand their need to market the product. I am continuing to work with the application and use it to the best of my ability. The title of this review reflects that the experience has been turbulent from bad to excellent but I am much happier knowing now that I have an actual dedicated account manager. The last manager was great, I just think he was falling behind probably due to Yotpo killing it and growing so quickly. I am excited to utilize the tool and see what we can get out of it. Thank you Yotpo for a Good, Great, Bad, Amazing, Bad, Great, Good Excellent product.

Pros

Great Features, TPR and Social Ads

Cons

Only good for high volume online retailers.

aireen from WaterField Designs

A bit expensive

We tried YOTPO for a year. The price was high compared to what we needed, so didn't renew. Needed only the Review function and SEO, not the rest. I think the pricing, which is based on the amount of review e-mails sent, is not a valid way of pricing. It does not take into account the % who respond with a review, which is the more accurate metric. If the price was based on # of reviews received, it would reflect on the product's ease of use. It could also be based on features used, which is another metric based on the value a merchant places on the features. Also, not having the reviews in HTML so it can be searched is a big drawback. Hope this helps.

Pros

- Sending out reviews w/ up-sell opportunities - Reporting capabilities - User interface to display reviews is nice on the website - Rich snippet feature for SEO

Cons

- the Moderation menu got more confusing. I liked the old interface better--it was easier to follow. - Support doesn't respond right away. It can take a day or two to resolve an issue. - The Reviews are not searchable so doesn't contribute to SEO.

Gene from Malkoff Devices, Inc.

YOTPO Really Works!

See Above.

Pros

The fact that it really works as advertised. The first 6 years we were in business we gathered some 200+ reviews for various products. In the last 4 years we have gathered nearly 3500 reviews for various products and the website. The reviews are presented in a professional manner on the website and the star ratings are featured in web searches.

Cons

I am not a web guru or coding guy. Some knowledge of these items is necessary for proper implementation of the software. I really appreciate the semi-annual checkups from the YOTPO service technicians. They are very helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

We went from Zencart to Shopify. Just happened to see YOTPO in the apps.

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review! Happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo & our customer support team is hitting the mark.

Rachel from Rawr Organics

Industry: Food Production

Great boost for small business to grow solid reputation!!!

Yotpo has given us credibility! We have 400 online reviews now and it encourages onlookers to proceed to the checkout with confidence.

Pros

Ease of use for our customers, clean cut, great visual with the stars at the top of each review, easy to implement into our website in the places we want it seen.

Cons

Would love if a customer wrote a review 1x, that they no longer receive emails in the future, still asking them to write another one. We only offer a discount to customers for their 1st review, so it is annoying to them to keep getting yotpo requests with orders, time after time.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Better reviews, greater ease to navigate, affordable and quick customer service.

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo and seeing the positive impact on your store! Feel free to contact our customer support at any time, we will do everything we can to assist you with your issue.

Ardalan from Eargo

Industry: Medical Devices

So many features... Amazing support

There are maybe more than 100 review apps that can help your company grow organic content or ask customers to write site, and product reviews. But Yotpo is on a completely different level than most. They regularly update their product, have so many features that can help your onsite and offsite strategies, and most importantly (at least for our company), they have a great team of account executives, experts, strategists, and support staffs. We started our experience almost 2 years ago (Yotpo strategist: Hannah Kim) and Yotpo keeps exceeding our expectations with new features every month.

Pros

Amazing features - could help both e-commerce and non-ecommerce websites - Great quick support

Brett from Quietkat Inc.

Great product that is easy to use and helpful for our company

We needed a more streamlined way to collect and put-to-work our customer reviews. Before Yotpo we were hearing great things from customers but had no way to easily collect this in real-time and then use in our marketing. Yotpo solved all those issues and its simple and easy to use.

Pros

That it simplifies the review collection process for us as a company, but also make it easy for the customer.

Cons

I'm not sure I have any cons, but looking for more help on how to implement Yotpo with our email product Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Enhanced SEO benefits, talking with other customers about their expereince with Yotpo

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Brett! Thanks for leaving a review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying Yotpo! As far as support on the integration with Klaviyo, you've probably seen this, but I've included a link that may help. If you're still having issues, you can put in a support request or message us on social media! https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/klaviyo-integration-guide

Brittney from Orchard Corset

Fabulous support!

We have worked with Yotpo for many years, I inherited them when I grew into my position and they made the transition very simple and easy. I appreciate that Yotpo is always looking for new ways to help customers.

Pros

New & exciting features! Yotpo is always adding new features to make their platform more enticing. Excellent support, they are always eager to help.

Cons

It is pricey, worth it- yes. But, it's not a small cost by any means.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Brittney! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community. Our pricing structure is definitely custom built to each and every business & we're happy to hear you're seeing the results.

Samim from Senorita Creations

One of the great tool for review automation & curation

Pros

We have used this tool to collect reviews and ratings for our products. The integration part was very easy and we can select how and when to send the invitation to write the reviews. We can even send mass invitation to our customers by uploading an excel sheet to write a review. The automation part is really very good where after successfully delivering an order we can set the system up that way where it will send the review email. We can even encourage our customer to post images of the products along with their review and then we can tag that image with the actual product in our site. It really helps make a product very much worth. We can customize the email templates as per our theme and taste.

Cons

I have not found any major cons which i need to share here.

Russell from Doze

Industry: Furniture

While expensive, Yotpo has been extremely helpful for us in capturing content and converting leads.

Yotpo provided us with the ability to get real "third party" reviews from customers and post them on our site. This gave us instant credibility and validated the quality of our product which led to a higher conversion rate. We were also able to use this customer generated content for social media ads which led to more unique visitors and in turn, more sales.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and customize. With Yotpo, we were able to launch with a dedicated reviews page and reviews carousel that was completely customized to fit the look and feel of our site. Emails to customers requesting reviews are super simply and easy to publish to the site. Yotpo has really helped in validating and providing credibility to our product and brand.

Cons

Price. They have pretty aggressive sales reps and only work on annual contracts. While effective, it's by far our largest software subscription in terms of spend. We locked ourselves into the pro version and once you implement it on your site, it's difficult to downgrade to a cheaper version.

Susan from Spud, Inc.

One Thing We Were Missing

When they say you have a customer care representative who is available to help at all times. They mean that. We didn't need much after a few calls, but our representative is always responsive to emails and answers my questions. That is what makes the $$ spent worth it. The product is great, but the support is even greater.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. It makes the hard things - posting product adds to social media - easy and automatic so there is no worry each week. Plus, the design of the ads is very pleasing, so you don't have to worry about trying to make them look like you want.

Cons

The biggest thing was that I did not understand before we purchased about how the API installation would work. It wasn't until after we spent the money that I found out my ecom platform doesn't do 3rd party API keys. That means I have to manually create the spreadsheet every month to send out review emails. Had I known this ahead of time, we still would have purchased but I would have been more prepared for the workload.

Kaycee from Apolla Performance Wear

Clutch for our Business

Fantastic, I appreciate the customer service and that I feel my feedback is heard and received. I had been asking for integration with MailChimp since we signed on...was SO happy to see the integration launch this year!

Pros

Having reviews has not only helped customers trust a purchase, but it helps in advertising and SEO. Absolutely worth the investment for our start-up!

Cons

I wish there was a keyword sort function for customers. When they go to our Reviews page we have over 1200 reviews now, it would be nice if they could search for keywords so they could find reviews applicable to their needs and questions. i.e. how is the sizing, arch support, ankle support, etc.

Elizabeth from Top of the World Dist.

The best way to help improve your business.

In today's world, people HAVE to see real people, verified people, who are talking about your product. This is the easiest and best way to do it.

Pros

Users can search by keywords that are used frequently. The widget can easily be installed into a website (I am not a tech person and did it myself). The support is super helpful and truly wants you to love the product. And overall, every retail website should be using this to help their customers make informed decisions and ask questions directly. The dashboard makes it super easy to answer those questions and help interested buyers.

Cons

The email integration is not seamless with Hubspot.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2020

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo.

Corie from Wanderer Bracelets

User-Generated Content Made Simple with Yotpo!

The Yotpo integration with Shopify greatly improved conversion on my company's product pages. Not only did our reviews show the popularity of our products, but many customers wrote detailed stories of how they connected deeply to their product. This added another dimension to the product page! Through Yotpo, we were also able to search through all of the reviews and add our favorites to landing pages, post-sale emails and social media posts. This user-generated content built trust with our customers and enabled us to show off how relational our company was! The platform is easy to use and the appearance can be modified to fit seamlessly with your website theme. Automated and customizable emails make it easy to gather reviews for your website, and you can choose which ones are displayed on your website. Simple - and worth every dollar!

Pros

Simplicity in integration with Shopify. Customizable design on the website. Improves conversions on the product page. Great to publish reviews directly to Twitter & Facebook or turn into paid ad content.

Cons

The search function within the back end is faulty sometimes.

Apryl from Plum Brilliance

Great all around

Pros

I use both yotpo reviews and yotpo customer loyalty. Both are fantastic. I have received hundreds of reviews from the automatic email requests. The loyalty system is ready to set up and many customers love it.

Cons

I would love to have the option for customer questions on product pages but this is only available with a higher tier program which I'm not a big enough business to make sense of purchasing that tier. I wish there was an option to add on a la carte style, without having to increase the plan price so much.

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying both Yotpo Reviews and Yotpo Loyalty! We are always working on improving and adjusting our pricing in an ongoing effort to match our clients with the plan that best fits their needs. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your current plan or our other plans, please feel free to reach out to us at any time and we will do our utmost to help you.

Stacy from Dr. Clark Store

Worth the money

We've had great feedback since using Yotpo! It's nice to hear honest reviews of or products, site, and services. Even the not-so-good reviews help us figure out how we can up our game. And it's easy to use - just set your parameters and you're on auto-pilot. And make the necessary tweaks as needed.

Pros

Easy to use. Just set up your after purchase email text and select when the email gets triggered and Yotpo does all the rest.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the store owner to comment on customers' answers to questions. Sometimes there are more relevant issues that can be addressed by the store owner, but you can only comment on the original question asked.

Kylee from Wave Soda

Great!

We have been able to really get a good pulse on how our customers feel about our products. It also helps us make sure that our customers are happy with their experience. It's been a very enlightening program for us.

Pros

I love that it makes it easy to keep good relationships with our customers. Yotpo helps keep us on top of our customer's minds. We get lots of feedback from our customers, which helps us to constantly improve our products. I would highly recommend that you use Yotpo for your business.

Cons

It did take a bit of heavy lifting to get it set up. The Yotpo team did do a lot to help set everything up, but you do need to set aside a good amount of time to get everything up and running. It also takes time to optimize your loyalty program.

Response from Yotpo

Replied March 2021

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review; we really appreciate it. We are constantly trying to improve our products and customer service, and your honest opinion is valuable to us.

Cody from Filter Systems Australia

Excellent addition to Retail Websites

We had a hard time previously to gain product reviews and the few we did have we could not utilise and display how we wanted it to. YPTPO has provided all the tools we require to make this all happen.

Pros

It is mostly set and forget which is great for us as we don't have much time to dedicate to things like this.

Cons

The price is significant compared to other options however, we find that YOTPO has been a great addition to our website & we would not be looking to change.

Response from Yotpo

Replied September 2019

Hi Cody! We're really happy to hear you're enjoying Yotp and seeing the results. Our pricing structure is definitely catered to the individual needs of each business and is something we're always considering to make sure we're serving our customers in the best way possible. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Deja from Let’s Train Ltd

Great product, great results!

On the whole it’s been very effective and easy to gather reviews. It’s not that expensive compared to competitors either. I would recommend some more information on how to add specific product reviews as this is something I have struggled with

Pros

I like the ease of set up and implementation across our platform. Being short for time and initially low on budget, I needed a cost effective solution that was simple to put in place. Yotpo has delivered consistently for over 2 years of my business using the service

Cons

There could be more information in adding specific product reviews under products. Specific product reviews have not shown up on all of my product pages

Response from Yotpo

Replied December 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you've been enjoying using Yotpo and that you're seeing the positive impact! Please do not hesitate to contact our customer support if you have any questions about our features or if you are having any issues with publishing reviews - we will be more than happy to assist you.

James from Colewood

Good review platform, some quirks

Pros

Overall the platform is great, easy to use and the back end has everything you need. Simple customisation is easy, but we opted for modifying the templates which took​ some time to figure out with using Liquid partials etc​.

Cons

Some things aren't very customisable, such as the text for different tagged products. We have one site where we are tagging two different types of product so want the text to reflect the two products, but that isn't an option. When testing live review data you can only send to an email once as it thinks​ it's a real customer. The testing method to see if an email looks ok doesn't use live data so it can't be checked.

Response from Yotpo

Replied August 2019

Hi James! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying the platform. We hear your frustrations and I've put in a request to our team to consider the tagged product text customization as they continue to improve the product. As for testing live review data, that is currently the case- if you want to test it live, you can always send the request to support and we will manually send the review request for a specific product.

tiffany from Lucy Darling

Great Product, but too Expensive.

I think Yotpo is great overall, I just think you can get a very similar product for much less.

Pros

I really liked how easy this was to integrate into our site and it had great functionalities. Plus it looked nice on the product pages.

Cons

It was WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. After working with Yotpo for 2+ years we switched to a competitor because we got mostly all the same features, but for less than half the price.

Response from Yotpo

Replied February 2020

Hi Tiffany, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback, please know that is has not gone unseen and is a huge part of how we continue to develop our roadmap. Our pricing is created to scale with companies & their needs- whether they're just getting started or have been around for decades. With that said, we are continuously expanding our packages to better suit the needs of each and every company out there. We're sorry to hear that you weren't able to experience our platform to the fullest & recommend looking at the other brand examples and case studies on our site should you choose to work with Yotpo again in the future.

Mike from United By Blue

The perfect review app for scaling ecommerce businesses

At a very basic level, Yotpo has been great at getting us quality reviews. But Yotpo is much more than just a review platform because we are using it as part of our post purchase customer experience with triggered email sent to our customers a couple weeks after they have placed their order. This email is a great opportunity to keep the line of communication with the customer open and with the discount code integrations with Shopify we are able to send out incentives for reviews which not only encourages more reviews on our site, but it also encourages repeat purchase activity from these customers. This helps us build a higher average LTV because customers are incentivized to shop, review, and repeat. Yotpo has also been great for scaling our business. We started with a very basic package that was easy to integrate into our Shopify site(up and running in a day), but we have upgraded along the way and are now using a more robust offering that allows us to send dynamic coupon codes(to eliminate the chance of code abuse), add fit details to the review pages, and make the reviews searchable in google listings. These features and functionality allow us to look and function the review section of our site at a level that is comparable to much larger competitors and ecommerce companies. Overall, Yotpo is a no-brainer for your business.

Vivian from Hey Viv Inc

Yotpo Helps You Get Reviews

I needed reviews for my website and product reviews that would be collected automatically with minimal work on my part. A bonus is that they could be shared to other sites like Facebook, and Twitter.

Pros

I use the free version of Yotpo. It was easy to install on my website and once it was done it started collecting reviews and posting them once I approved them. I haven't had any problems. Yotpo also helps you to easliy post the reviews on your social media sites.

Cons

There's something about navigating the dashboard on Yotpo that I can't get the hang of. Everytime I go on to check and approve my reviews I have to follow my notes. It's not intuitive. I can get it done but it's a small frustration.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

It offered more features to collect reviews plus customizable templates.

Reasons for Switching to Yotpo

Yotp offered more features. Had the ability to share reviews to social sites, and worked faster.

Response from Yotpo

Replied October 2019

Hi Vivian, thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate your feedback and especially your note about the dashboard as we continue to develop and improve our product and services.

Beau from True Protein

Likely the most full featured review aggregator and feedback system available.

The customer support and on-boarding experience has been very good.

Pros

From a features standpoint, yotpo stood out from the other options we looked at. In practice, it seems that the service lives up to it's claims and we've only just scratched the service on all the things they offer. Customer support has been prompt and accommodating and there have been no hidden fees or unexpected charges for "custom work", etc. Setup is well documented and flexible enough for developers to sink their teeth in. Integration with other services is good.

Cons

Product feeds and updates. The way Yotpo handles new products vs product updates via two seperate uploads is strange. In my mind, it would all be handled by the same upload. Why not adopt a standard feed system like what google and FB use? Transferring our existing reviews was mostly smooth, but there were a couple hiccups for grouping child product reviews under a parent. Also, our SKUs included a '-' character which had to be replaced with another character as this was not allowed by yotpo's system. A strange requirement. We have devs in-house to tackle these little hurdles, but if you don't have anyone technical on hand YMMV.

Jon from David's Clothing

Yotpo is great for the online business needing reviews for their site.

Yotpo reviews have been a needed part of our growing online business. I wish they offer smaller price packages for small business trying to grow.

Pros

I like how easy the dashboard is to manage the reviews. I like how you can choose to hide or reject scam or unreasonable reviews (reviews under 3 stars). It's amazing how you bend over backwards for customers but then they leave bad reviews anyway. This software allows​ you to choose which ones go public/private. They also allow Product specific reviews or Brand reviews.

Cons

The pricing options. When I discussed the pricing with a salesman they had 2 options. The free plan, or one that costs 8,000 upfront for the year. Unfortunately, as a small business, we cannot jump into something like that not knowing the risk and potentials. However please not that we still do their free plan monthly and get up to 50 reviews per month. This helps on our evergreen products.

Response from Yotpo

Replied August 2019

Hi Jon! Thanks so much for leaving a review, we're happy to hear that Yotpo is working out for you. As far as pricing, any price jumps are aligned with desired functionalities. We're always working to be as accessible and diverse in our offerings as possible, so thank you for sharing your feedback! We really appreciate it.

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

Great Review System

Yotpo is pretty easy to implement. It also has a good conversion rate from emails sent after the purchase (much of this depends on the quality of your email). I'm a consultant that has used it with small mom & pop projects and large multimillion dollar businesses. If you are looking for an ecommerce review system, definitely checkout out Yotpo.

Pros

Ease of implementation Features Ease of use

Cons

Difficulty in updating reviews but this is to be expected. If it was easy, the trust factor would be lost as merchants would potentially be changing their reviews willy nilly.

Tristan from Total Water Supplies

Industry: Food Production

Well build product with fantastic service

My experience has been good. A lot of customers look at the reviews

Pros

Been using YOPO for about a year. Very good service and offer a lot for the free version. I am now paying for some of the more advanced features. Customer service always gets back to me fast. Never had a problem.

Cons

Some of the Features I would like are only on the higher cost plans and as a small store they I can’t afford them.

Cheeper

Response from Yotpo

Replied November 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying Yotpo! We always try to ensure that our clients find the best plan, fitted to their business needs at each point in their journey. The pricing model is meant to scale with your business as it grows and evolves. If you have any questions about how to make the most out of your current plan or about more advanced features, feel free to reach out to us and we will do everything we can to help you find the perfect plan for you.

Todd from Decorative Film LLC.

Industry: Building Materials

Integral part of any rounded E-commerce Strategy

Pros

Yotpo has been crucial for us. We knew that product reviews were a missing piece of the puzzle but we struggled to bring them in for years. With Yotpo we were able to gather nearly 1500 reviews in our first year! This has resulted in a huge increase in customer confidence and in turn increased sales. We also recently added the Visual Marketing component which is now helping us to solve another long standing issue, gathering user generated content. Would highly suggest Yotpo's services as they may be one of the best values in the game.

Cons

Would make some slight changes to the way reviews can be shown on our website.

CHARLES from Flor Y Amor

Industry: Cosmetics

Software that works + very helpful customer service - what more can you ask

Very helpful customer service.Account management etc. If there's a problem they are quick to react. Also, the software works.

Pros

It just works. Yes, you get reviews. But it's more than reviews. It's SEO content, conversion content. Available in multiple languages. Helps build trust and thanks to being able to fill out reviews by email it converts a lot better. I also have the visual marketing plan.

Cons

That I didn't know about the more affordable price tiers. I think they brought them in during the pandemic.

Reasons for Choosing Yotpo

Price. Service. What was offered.

Response from Yotpo

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for such a glowing review! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo and seeing all the benefits on your site.