Clover POS Reviews

4.01 / 5 (266) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 9 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It is very user friendly. I love that I can take the hand held device into the exam room to check clients out. "

• "The software is easy to use and easy to configure. "

• "The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders. "

• Cons

• "There is not much to dislike about this software, other than the inventory module is not included from the start."

• "The only con I can think of is that is it sometimes cumbersome to load the receipt paper. Other than that this is a great product for a small business."

• "I haven't found any cons up to now, the only thing is it will be better if when using it the taxes from certain products will remove automatically. Instead of doing it manually."

Browse Clover POS Reviews

Madison from Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare

Use in my small businees

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Benjamin from Sakonnet Chiropractic

Easy to use Point Of Service terminals. Great for business.

Makes accepting credit cards easy

Pros

Not locked in with a credit card prepossessing company. There are multiple ways to use the terminal. I use the Clover Go terminal, it accepts swipes, chips, self entry, and tap (ApplePay, etc) payments. The app is easy to use and there is a companion app for tracking various aspects of your business.

Cons

I had to pay for the terminal. The app is a little clunky and it forces you to change your password with some frequency.

Jodi from Finesse Advanced Medical Aesthetics

Great payment processing device

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

Love the functions on the clover and the receipts it prints.

Jatin from Appheaven, LLC

Best Cloud POS Available!

Great customer service, great developers. Lots of apps to accomplish just about anything with your business.

Pros

Clover is so easy to setup. It has so many apps and the developers are always willing to add features that you may need.

Cons

You have to transfer all of your data from your old system. Compatibility is an issue. But any cloud system requires this transfer of original data.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

Better apps, more open system for developers.

Sylvia from Leet Vaping LLC dba Leet Vape

Clover Pos

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Pros

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Cons

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Elizabeth from Self-Employed

Almost Great...

My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Cons

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

Again it allowed for the use of only one company/software versus having to use multiple items for different needs such as pos transactions, inventory, scheduling etc.

Katie from Day One

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.

Nakesha from alleyne counseling services

Definately Worth It

Fewer people are using cash which means there has to be a way to process credit cards. I was able to accept credit card and deposit it directly into my savings account.

Pros

I was not initially interested in using credit card for my small practice but I mus admit it made life easier. It was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful. Even if the card is not present you are easily able to process payment.

Cons

It was super easy to use. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to save credit card access for future use.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

I wanted easy access to my cash, fee was reasonable and being able to have an actual card swipe.

Mitchell from The Taphouse

none

Pros

Functionality is ok but you have to pay for apps in order to do stuff which increases the price. User Friendly

Cons

customer service, price, merchant services available for the unit are limited and you get into first datas services. The only reason it get a 1 star is because there is no lower ranking. Terrible customer service. I was bamboozled in the beginning as I didn't know much about running a restaurant yet and contracted with Clover and First Data. I called today to get a payoff on my equipment (Countertop POS, Two minis, a countertop printer and a kitchen printer), after paying on it for almost two years. I had done the lease but I guess at some point I was so desperate to get a system set up that I missed that it costed I was focused on the lease price. Stay away! Then I was then raked over the coals with with First Data for over a year and a half where they were over charging my percentage. I fought for over a year and finally got refunded of wrongful billing because "a decimal ha d been moved when entering the rates" yet I called time and time again yelling about it and they couldn't find it but all of a sudden did. I know they owe me more but what can I do about it. It took me a year to get that back. Stay away if your smart - see all the bad reviews. There are much cheaper POS systems out there that have more functionality. You've been warned.

Briana from Time and Tide Coffee LLC

Overpriced, poor customer service

I wouldn't recommend Clover to any business owner. We tested it out for about a month and are not able to access reports that we need - they disappeared with no notice - and the customer service is horrific. They just keep sending me links to their website, but not helping get the reports. And they are really rude. The reason we decided against Clover is because every little thing you need as a business owner is additional money - to get it to talk to any of your accounting software, to have a mailing list, etc.- and it just doesn't do what you need. You can't have tax included in your price, only add on to it. You can't give a 100% discount on a ticket without it charging tax on the original cost (who charges tax on $0.00?). The iPhone app to see reporting for what's happening when you're away from your business is incredibly clunky. Overall it's a terrible user experience. There are loads of better options out there.

Pros

Honestly, we really didn't like anything about Clover from the start - we hoped we would get used to it + like it, but it's pretty terrible.

Cons

Inability to include tax with the price, poor UX on the mobile dashboard app, terrible customer service, third-party apps to connect to accounting software are expensive and don't always deliver, high price for low value.

Tim from Scopo Divino

Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry

Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

Cons

The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.

roger from Bantams Roost Public House

NOT For full service restaurants.

The system was misrepresented at the time of the sale. Ow I’m having to get an attorney involved to send it back.

Pros

It looks nice.

Cons

Can’t merge checks, can’t track daily food vs alcohol for servers or bartenders, freezes up, have to buy separate extremely loud printers for the bar, combines sales taxes and tips as “total” sales, no way to see if anyone is still clocked in until Homebase emails you at 2am, will let any server use another servers cash drawer, uses to much paper in the kitchen printer, handhelds or “flexes” don’t communicate with bar or kitchen printers. Doesn’t do coursing, you have to program individual mods instead of the ability to select multiple or “build” them per order.

Leasing option

David from IF Creative

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Cons

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Best POS system I've ever used. Its easy for an owner to set up, staff to use and clients to pay.

I loved that it was easy for me to set it up and for the staff to use efficiently. It would even text, print or email the receipt to the client. As a business owner I also liked that I could print out my weekly earnings as well see it online.

Pros

It is so easy to set up online and add (mostly) free apps to help run your business. We bought our clover but their is some places that will let you finance it. For the price of the system I found it worth the money because it saved me time and it was easy for the staff and the clients to use. Even when the internet would go out it would take payments and then process them once it came back on. It was easy for me to set up categories so the staff could check people out fast and didn't have to look for a item too long. This system definitely saves time

Cons

The clover is just like a cellphone, if you drop it, it will break and you will have to replace it. They don't offer any kind of insurance to help replace just the screen. The receipt paper is expensive to buy though clover but you can find it on others sites for much cheaper. Some apps to help run certain businesses were a little expensive like to add your logo to the receipt was extra. Overall depending on your business some of the Clover apps to make the system easier for your staff can get pricy.

Chenna from VLC Group LLC dba Passage To India

Clover for restaurants

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

It is easy to use, change, train and download data.

Sara from Food & Beverages

Great POS for smaller businesses

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.

Gordon from Paradise Valley Leather

Industry: Sporting Goods

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

Pros

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

Cons

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Dayna from CSCS

Two thumbs up for Clover

I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Yessenia from La Casa de la Tortilla

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent POS System for any business!

Overall it is a great pos system!

Pros

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Cons

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.

Alyson from Bright Eyes Family Eye Care

Clover for all Merch Needs

We've used the same model for almost 3 years and very had any issue, so I can say I'm one very satisfied customer!

Pros

It's easy to use, it's very similar to a smartphone in that it has apps which are all very user-friendly. There are large buttons. When I need to print receipts or run payroll I can get all the info I need with a few taps on the screen. Our device is the clover mini and had a touch screen, its sleek, it looks very updated VS old-style terminals which is an added bonus. But if you have any trouble... you can just click the "call me" button and a live person calls very quickly and guides you through whatever you need!

Cons

The devices are not cheap, so if anything happened to it that could be an expensive loss. We lease ours and pay protection plan which is well worth the peace of mind!

ABIODUN from abbey auto sales llc

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

Pros

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

Cons

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Daria from Galiver Limited

It’s my favorite little machine

I used to have the station one and the battery on it died so quickly and even if it had 75% it would shut down and take 2 hours to restart. Clover = losing sales for me. Then I got the flex one and it’s amazing. So tiny and powerful. Beautiful easy experience.

Pros

I love and and so as my customers. It’s fun and functional. It accepts Apple Pay, and tells you the reason why cards decline, it give you options to view past sales, transactions, reports, refunds, etc.

Cons

The option that I would add is a search for a last 4 digits. Sometimes I have to look up a customer and have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find him. Another issue is with their station models as they need maintenance - your battery will drain and you will lose internet connection.

Jennifer from Fredericktown Vision Center

Much Much more than a credit card processor

This machine processes all cards. You can set up apple pay and tap to pay very easily. It has helped us streamline our checkout process.

Pros

The clover has more features like time clock, inventory, calculators and so so much more than your standard credit card processor. This system can run your whole business. It is easy to use much like an apple tablet and you are able to customize your apps to fit your business. And trust me there is an app for almost every thing you would need.

Cons

I like everything but I do feel like we are under utilizing a lot of its features. Maybe some online training for for our staff would be a good idea

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

This has so many more uses than the other products on the market

Katie from Quality Youth Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

This software & accompanying app are a good way to accept CC payments securely from remote locations

The reason why we choose this software was the hardware that allowed us to accept chips instead of a standard slide of a credit card which is much less secure. Also, because we have individuals accepting payments in remote locations, it was necessary to choose a device that could be used on cell phones or tablets.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is the ability to take payments on any Smart phone or tablet. Each user has a unique username and password that has certain functionality depending on the permissions given to the user which is necessary when multiple user types will be using the software.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that you must enter a person's name on the order because only sometimes does the card reader capture the card holder's name making it tough to manually reconcile registers after the fact. Also, the app has the option to use a pin number to avoid having to enter a username and password each time, but the app frequently shuts down when inputting the pin and forces the user to always enter their username and password.

Shelby from Frekin Gud BBQ

Quick and easy to use and customizable.

Ease of use. Simplicity. Very user friendly.

Pros

I really like Clover because you start with a blank slate and customize it the way you want. The system has an app called Home base that keeps track of the time clock. We've had a couple minor problems with that here and there but overall it's great. Clover also has a market to purchase apps which is really cool. We've downloaded an app to reward our loyal customers. I also really like the swivel feature. When a customer gives you their card you can swivel the screen around to face them so they can sign. The system overall is a breeze and very easy to set up and use.

Cons

There's bit much to dislike about Clover. Customer support could be a but more helpful. I've had minor problems regarding the register not opening, but I just rebooted the system and it was fine.

Jeanine from Heart and Soul

DO NOT BUY A CLOVER DEVICE UNTIL YOU READ THIS REVIEW.

Everyone passes the buck. When you call Clover they tell you to call the app maker. You call the app maker and they tell you to call Clover. If you call your bank that you bought the system from, they tell you to call Clover. Everyone is "sorry" but no one can fix the issue or can offer an alternative.

Pros

There is nothing I like about my Clover device other than the price labels it can print for my products, BUT, that is an additional app you have to pay for and an additional piece of equipment you have to buy, which the rep told me was all included. I have to pay a monthly fee to be able to print price tags, he said that was also included.

Cons

1)Don't get too excited about all the apps they offer! They all cost money (if you want the version that actually does more than the basics) and NONE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPS WORK WITH EACH OTHER!!! So, you may download the rewards app and an invoicing app. Because they don't work together, the customer will never get credit for any of their rewards, etc.. 2) Technical support always says they will call you back but they NEVER do 3)Your system comes with minimal capabilities. Think of it as a calculator that can process payments. 4) Sometimes it keeps accurate inventory counts, sometimes it doesn't. 5) When entering inventory, it frequently saves an item twice. You may enter an item with a quantity of 6. Clover enters the item twice, now you have the item at 12!

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

I chose Clover because the sales rep at my bank told me the Clover system would do everything that I needed. I had pages of questions and he answered all of them. I weighed the pros and cons and, based on his answers, Clover did everything I was looking for. I didn't know he was lying about 95% of it.

September 2016

Carol from Encore Dance Emporium

1.5

September 2016

Clover not a choice for retail, very misrepresented and pricey

Pros

There is absolutely nothing that I like about this product except maybe the appearance and not too bad adding in stock that is already in the system.

Cons

This is marketed as a state of the art POS system with added capabilities through apps. However the base system is so limited that i would not even consider it a POS system, but more of an expensive payment processor. I had researched retail systems and most have lots of features and capabilities such as accepting unlimited bar codes, include a wide variety of detailed reports, inventory management including tracking of stock, re-orders, keeping track of back orders, client records, all kinds of very basic needs to a retail store. When the bank presented this system, I asked very specifically about its capabilities and gave very clear information on what I needed in a system. The rep assured me that it not only did all of the basics that I needed, but it also had apps that were available for customizing and expanding , such as going into also having an online sales presence. So, I feel it was either deliberately misrepresented or the rep is not trained at all on what the system offers and did not feel it important enough to get valid answers. The basic system does not even include basic necessary functions for retail. 1) it has a 15,000 bar code limit, plus other limits for categories and modifiers. - Their solution is for you to create new bar codes per item and just use the modifiers and what not to make up for it - however the modifiers and such also have limits. 2) it does not allow more than one wholesale cost per bar code. So if you obtain stock at differing prices due to seasons, volume, clearance, or price increases - the new prices over writes the original price put in. There is no way to have different cost for the same item. So again their suggestion is creating new bar codes for new pricing or to have a separate system for tracking cost of goods. 3) The reports are nominal. They look like ticker tape reports. No report gives information usable for a purchase order. I made the categories my suppliers so I could easily use the category report to reorder sold products, but the product and bar codes are not part of the report, so the only indicator of which item it is is the description and price. There are also few types of reports available compared to other systems I had looked at. 4) There is no purchase order capability in the base system, so also no way to track orders, back orders or way to easily know what to even order from sales or stock quantities. 5) I have had multiple times where items are put into inventory only to have them not show up when scanned at the register. Part of the time, I will go into the inventory app later and find the item with all of the necessary info there, but for some reason it is not getting picked up by the register app. Other times it isn't there and even after going back and re-entering again, I still have same problem, so I have resorted to running these items as a customer item which has further screwed up the accuracy of my inventory. 6) Due to various glitches (items not showing up in or possibly not even being subtracted properly from inventory) my inventory is nowhere close to accurate and at some point will have to be fixed. 7) To order or check inventory has to be done almost exclusively by physically going through my store to see what truly is in the store and what is needed and then typing up an order or report from that. 8) new inventory is all added manually rather than the scanner adding into the inventory app. So if you have two on the shelf, but two more you add it to make now 4. There is nothing that shows you who or what manually added or subtracted from the inventory app or when. You can assign specific access to specific functions, but I have found no oversight at all, there is no way to see what they are actually doing besides their name by the transaction they oversaw at the register. This is only the beginning of what this system lacks. 9) The only way to make up for these shortfalls is through the app store (which they had told me was for customizing, expansive needs - not basic functions). I still have yet to see anything that really covers everything this system lacks and each app costs monthly and I could easily be spending somewhere between $99 and $250/ month on an app - and its a thrid party app, that though approved, is not guaranteed, and then it is more customer service reps to deal with. I have been unable to get any decent or helpful responses from customer service reps just with the system itself - can't imagine what it would be like with glitches between apps and the system.On top of all of what the system does not do, I got mine though a lease which is way more expensive then it was presented to be, and the lease is "iron clad, unbreakable" with no guarantee the system works for my situation. I have taken it to corporate level and the best I have gotten so far is an apology that I have been inconvenienced but still denying me the ability to get out of the lease. This is so non-functional for a dance store with lots of shoes, that I will have to get another system while paying for this one while I fight to get it resolved. The only reason I leased this system was the answers given to me bto very thorough questions and it was 100% misrepresented. I hate dealing with tech anything by phone and it looked like a simple solution - on the ground set up and my bank, merchant services, POS all basically through the same place. What a disaster it has been. Has made everything more time consuming then if I had just had a basic old fashioned register and done books handwritten and not had to spend so much. The purpose of the point of sale system was to simplify book keeping and have all of the inventory, purchase orders, client info, etc. all in one system. This does absolutely nothing well except possibly process the payments - at what is seeming like pretty high fees.

Kelly from Movement Coffee

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros

Cons

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Mark from Chocolate Sheep Inc

Customer Service, Where are you?

Pros

I love that it's tablet based so it makes the learning curve really easy for myself and my employees. All the programs are operated as apps and the navigation is what you'd expect from an android device so even my Apple users have no problem navigating the system. The system has an integrated scale, that works really well for the type of transactions that we do on a daily basis. We have 2 of the units in our store and they are always communicating, so we can start the transaction on one system and finish it on another without having to start all over again. It's easy to find customer information and expedite their deliveries.

Cons

No tiered pricing. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Expect long wait times and unanswered questions.

Clover, simple to use and manage

Pros

Clover is simple to manage, from adding new products to new users, the process is simple and straightforward. The user interface is clear and well formatted, Clover is a very professional looking product. Clover can provide us with reporting data, as a business this is ideal. As an administrator of the system, the home page allows me to access everything easily. From reporting and employees as mentioned earlier, to transactions, everything is easy to manage. Moving on from the software. The Clover hardware is of the highlight quality, from the Clover mini to the printers.

Cons

As far as I'm aware, in the Employee setup once an employee has been created, the full name cannot be altered, only the nickname. It would be nice to update employees names.

Great POS

I like being able to use it on the phone or POS. Customer service is great. They provide training and stay in communication

Pros

Customer service and training was great. POS system is easy to use

Cons

Merchant processing fees but very comparable/competitive to similar products

Evan from Durham Kids Dentistry

Cloverflex

support is helpful, unit is sleek overall positive experience

Pros

It is really stylish and cool to have a wireless POS machine. Customers comment all the time of it being very modern - yet everyone can intuitively use it b/c its feels like any android tablet Functions well - , nice on board camera , prints quickly takes payments quickly and allows you to add tons of helpful apps that i did't even know I needed

Cons

The battery life and Charger stand - I've had to replace it twice b/c the charger was not working and the corded back up doesn't really work - the rep was surprised we got it to work at all in a pinch. Charger needs to be more reliable and there needs to be a back up wired version that can be substituted if the wifi goes done

Robert from Avventura Bakery & Deli

Clover

Pros

sleek design, affordable, easy to use for a novice

Cons

reporting, very slow, loosing connection all the time

Calvin from FMHM

Excellent POS company!!

My partners and I decided on Brilliant POS after extensive research and are very happy with our decision. Having been in the restaurant industry for many years we were looking for a fresh new look that still had all the features as the old traditional POS systems. We found that with Brilliant POS and their Clover system was the perfect fit for our full service restaurant/bar and at a great price point. Simple for employees to learn and use software, great reporting to keep us aware of how the business is operating on a financial level as well as controlling our inventory and ordering onsite or from anywhere since Clover is cloud based, but still works if the internet goes out. Our Brilliant POS sales reps was knowledgeable and quick to respond before we decided to go with them and after the fact for setup process, installation, and training. 24/7 support answers quickly and I can send a request for a technician to call direct from the POS station and they always call right away. Brilliant POS made the process easy and helped us tackle hurdles along the way. There were a few hiccups, but they made it seem easier. Highly recommended.

Theresa from Noty Kity LLC.

I use Clover multiple times every day for Credit/Debit/Gift Card transactions.

Ease of Use. Fast and secure credit/debit transactions.

Pros

Touch screen is great with the home screen with all my options. I never have to search to perform my tasks. Being able to pull up the information on my laptop when I am not at the store is wonderful to check on sales for that day. Customer service is one touch away so you don't have to wait on hold on the telephone.

Cons

I would like the software to have a training mode in order to train new employees on how to use. Even though it is super easy to use, it would be helpful to at least be able to show the new employees what to do and how to do it without actual customers waiting there while there transaction is being processed by a new person still in training.

Easy to use, perfect for small business.

Pros

I like that clover has a pretty simple UI that is aesthetically pleasing. I know, its shallow, but lots of POS systems out there are horrible to look at! Clover is also very intuitive, there are lots of options, but you can sort of pick and choose how complicated you want your system to be.

Cons

This could have been a connectivity issue, but our Clover software went offline quite often. It wasn't ever for long, but at least every couple of days. Additionally, the UI would change without any apparent prior notice. (Maybe we weren't receiving updates?)

Chanelle from Strong Performance Chiropractic

Simple to use. Time is MONEY.

Highly recommend. I’m a small business owner and this system was very easy to implement in my office.

Pros

This product is super simple to use. We use the Clover mini. With different people taking payments at different times of the day, it is really simple to track who took what payment. Each user gets a unique PIN that enables us to keep tract of who is doing what.

Cons

This isn’t even really a con because there is a solution to my problem, but the clover mini does not “remember” customers from day to day. We have repeat customers, so I would like it to remember the email they want their receipt sent to. I can download an app to take care of this, but I really wish it was native to the system.

Anang from Thyme For Lunch

Good for basic needs

It met our needs when we opened our business but quickly realized that trying to enhance the basic solution with kds, online delivery and ordering would be up to me to figure out.

Pros

Very easy to install and set up and creating the menu was simple but simple comes with basic functionality

Cons

Terrible customer support and hard to find anyone willing to help integrate ecosystem partners with our basic clover pos

Reasons for Choosing Clover POS

Time to implement was couple of days.

Christine from AKMD INC

Easy to use with a lot of features

Clover is very easy to use and my staff enjoys using it.

Pros

The clover payment devices are touchscreen and very easy for our patients to use. You can accept a wide variety of payments including cash, credit, check, and apple pay. We use the clover mini as well as the clover flex.

Cons

Clover does not have a built-in recurring payment function that I am aware of. You need to add and app that comes with additional fees.

Scott from DoodleBugs

Clover POS is NOT for retail

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

Pros

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Cons

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

John from Best One Tire & Autocare

WORKS GREAT FOR US AND THE CUSTOMER BOTH

Using the Clover terminal has been very benifical for our business, allowing us to easilly help customers as well as tracking who is doing what, at the same time building a database of clients for future use.

Pros

One of my favorite things about using Clover is the easy learning curve and intuitive gui. Being so easy to navigate makes helping customers very easy and transparent for the customer.

Cons

While this feature may be available on another model of their console, it would be nice if there was a fingerprint reader to unlock the terminal as we have multiple users who operate with two units. A fingerprint scanner would make it very quick and easy to change between users.

Josh from Pizza Amore

Great for small businesses

Overall Clover has been a good, reliable POS. It is a bit pricey and to purchase yourself out of the contract costs a lot too, but we don't plan on switching at this time

Pros

We use clover as our POS and we really enjoy it. There is a client facing part of the POS so if the want to leave a tip we don't need to ask them, creating an awkward situation. Clover makes it easy to complete the day's sales and close the batch. It also helps us track tips and commissions for each of our employees. It's an overall great system to have

Cons

I wish there wasn't a contract as we want the option to switch if we find something that better fits our needs

Sonia from La Casa de la tortilla

One of the best POS I have used

Pros

I love that it is really easy to install and use. Customer service is great! You can easily add products, prices, and have your inventory. You can add other features like customer rewards and ID verification in the case you sell alcohol on your establishment. The processing of cards it's fast. You can add several users and manage their roles and permissions. The best part it is that you can view and check all from online.

Cons

Tara from Kelley's Cars, Inc.

Easy to use!

First Data - the company that runs our clover has not been so great as far as customer service. We have had some issues. Their website is also very hard to log into and navigate. As far as our clover mini, the equipment has been great.

Pros

Easy to use, different features within the clover, and comes with the chip! Connects to right to bank account.

Cons

We have had customer service issues with First Data, the company that runs the clover. They could improve on this aspect. The First Data website is also awful.

Josh from IAQ

Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software, Great Rate!

It has enabled my team to be streamlined which has kept costs down and productivity up!

Pros

This has been the best credit card processing solution I have ever used. Clover Go is very straight forward and does not operate in a shady manner like the rest of the industry. The software platform is easy and very useful.

Cons

I wish processing Credit Cards on a desktop for phone orders was an easier process. Other than that, this software is great!

Clover

Pros

Clover is really useful especially for small businesses since most of payments done by bank cards nowadays. Also, the devices are really convenient and there are several sizes as well.

Cons

I really hate to see that clover device is suddenly offline. That is really uncomfortable especially if you are about to get payment. I need to restart the device while customer is waiting next to me and this process takes around 5 mins.

Lucky Four Leaf Clover

This system is so easy to set up and the training process was so simple. It allowed me to keep track of inventory and also hold bartenders accountable for their money.

Pros

The system was so simple to set up and it did all sales and cash and also keeps track of inventory which is a big concern in the bar industry.

Cons

I did not like that it only kept numbers for 3 months because I would like it to keep them until we do end of year numbers

Clover POS for Garden Center

I have been able to reduce time spent integrating sales with quickbooks. I have been able to reduce time spent on payroll. By automating processes through Clover, I am running more efficiently.

Pros

I love the ease of use, especially for training employees of diverse age ranges and abilities. Point-of-sale is faster, the addition of gift card and customer loyalty apps are easily integrated and increase customer satisfaction, and any issues that come up are easily managed.

Cons

The inventory app is good, but not great. My inventory is broken into some unusual categories and I haven't been able to find a good work around. For example, bulk mulch is sold by color in full and half yards, but I haven't found a way to reduce the inventory accordingly.

Alessandro from Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel

Payments easy way!

Good product!

Pros

I use this product since 2 years and for small business it is very good specially to process payments easy way. You can manage different users and assign roles, see transactions, refunds, sales, reporting, among others.

Cons

Using Clover POS you need Internet connection in order to process payments, otherwise you won't be able to hold or take any money from your customer.

Jessica from Fire Escape

Clover - Retail/Art Studio

We are overall really happy for the price point. We do have a few things we would change, and we would like to see the glitches fixed.

Pros

Clover is quick for training of new employees. We like the options for additional apps and absolutely LOVE the round up with Donors Choose.

Cons

We have hit a few glitches - we cannot return after processing a payment with a split tender. We have 3 instances where the system has processed a payment but at the end the order is still "open", this issue is still being resolved with customer service.

Cost, Ease of Use