• Pros

• "I love this app, it helps me a lot to receive it in many ways, simple and practical. I use it daily to do motions is excellent."

• "This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!"

• "This app is awesome very easy to maneuver. awesome features "

• Cons

• "Paypal here can be a bit of a pain to set up, although customer support was extremely helpful."

• "The refund does take a while before it is refunded to your account, but other than that the software is great."

• "It would be nice if the fees were a bit lower, but I'm happy with the product overall. The reader can sometimes not connect well if your phone has a case. "

Browse PayPal Here Reviews

Ashley from RODWELL INDUSTRIES

Industry: Cosmetics

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

HANDS DOWN, ITS SIMPLE, EASY, QUICK AND TRUSTWORTHY.

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I already had a PayPal account, so PayPal Here definitely was the easiest way to go.

Jessica from Triaq Healthcare

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

Went from great to just okay

I used to love this app, and use it on a weekly basis for my business, but after a few updates it has just gone down hill. It started with just not working on my personal phone, then it stopped functioning on my computer and on my wife's phone. We uninstalled and updated on all devices, but it would no longer allow us to complete a purchase by typing the card numbers in, in fact it wouldn't even let us get to the screen to try and place the charge. This really has inconvenienced us as a business, as many of my clients are using church credit cards with no personal names on the cards, while they always had issues making payments via the paypal site because of this, they had always been able to make their payment by giving me the payment info over the phone. I have since had to have those clients send personal checks which is okay, but I am waiting for payments 1-2 weeks, whereas before I was paid instantly.

Pros

I liked the functionality of it in that it was easy to take payments where ever you are. It was simple to use, easy to understand, and great for being able to instantly send receipts to clients.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the fee is higher if you are not swiping the card, because in my business I have clients all over the world and very few that are local that could actually just swipe the card.

Kevin from Chrysler

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner. I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me. You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Anthony from KneeToe Creations

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged. Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I tried Square and a couple others (I think Quicken had one) some years back and found the funds accessibility and fee structure to be better with PayPal, and my so I stayed with PayPal. The other ones had either higher fees on some cards or didn't even accept one or two at the time (Discover and/or Amex).

Frank from New To You

Very Helpful to a Small Business

We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Name recognition and ease of use for the customer.

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.

Take Credit Cards through your device for products and events - PayPal Here

This was overall what we needed. We have retreats almost every weekend, and sell products at those retreats or when travelling. The PayPal Here app allowed us to scan our products for easy input, add ticket sale options, and take credit cards from the same app. Also, Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. We can't ask for better than that.

Pros

The iOS and Android compatibility was perfect for us, as we have a tablet and an iPad. The first swipe device was free. Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. You can add event tickets, as well as products to sell. You can take cards by typing or swiping. The app keeps up with all transactions and transfers the information to your account.

Cons

It was glitchy at times and logged us out often. To take a card manually, you have to pay an extra fee.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

We were already using PayPal for our website.

Ruth Ann from Oasis Sanctuary Foundation, Ltd

PayPal Here device works

In our case, as a small nonprofit who has just occasional need for a point of service sale, PayPal Here is our best option.

Pros

Since our Nonprofit already uses PayPal extensively for donations, selecting the PayPal Here device and app was a no-brainer of choice for taking Point of Service donations and sales payments. As long has one has connectivity to the Internet one is ready to take payments with ease

Cons

I don't really have any cons. PP Here has always worked well as long as I could get a phone signal with my cell phone. Our sanctuary is remotely located and there are no cell towers close. One must rely on a WiFi connection in these cases. That has nothing to do with PayPal's quality, though.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

The ease of linking PP Here to our existing PayPal account.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

Mary from Mabelmae's Attic

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I like Paypal the company and trust the company. The app, when first presented, seemed like a good idea, but at first I wasn't sold. When I found how many people were will to use the app because it was associated with the Paypal name, I was sold. I don't think I will ever try another app like this one at this point.

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Nimanthi from Design

very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software

For the many years, I have used PayPal for my payments both as a merchant and a buyer, the new development on PayPal-Checkout has given me a true and new experience. As a frequent shopper with PayPal set as my payment option, using PayPal-Checkout have given me choice, control and freedom for easy payment. When I visit most of my shopping sites, I realized the situation was the same and the payment process completed in minutes and in very easy steps.

Pros

. It's very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software but for PayPal-Checkout it will be an injustice if I maintain the silence. What I enjoyed most. The fact that I didn't have to get back to my PayPal account in order to initiate payment securely was a life-changing experience for me. All the necessary steps for the PayPal-Checkout are automated and I don't have to provide the information manually whenever I need to make payment. A secure connection is offered and the billing information together with shipping automatically generated at a click of a button. What a nice experience? Thanks to technology. I already had a PayPal account at the time I discovered about the PayPal-Checkout making me enjoy an easy time to make all my payment. The software is very greats since it doesn't transfer any cost to the buyer when used for making payment hence very cost effective. When I first interacted with the platform and I was able to receive all the information including the payment transaction ID which proved it was now more real to me. Since I use the same software to receive payment, the steps to enable my API setting and access were very easy when I created my online store. The checkout option supports may merchants and I was able to receive payment and notifications at the right time.

Cons

Some of the limitations. No perfect platform can be without a few loopholes and this is some of the disadvantages I have experience when using PayPal-Checkout sing. You must have a PayPal account to enjoy convince caused, the connection can be affected by slow internet connection and inability to pay merchants without ready APIs. In my opinion, PayPal-Checkout is the greatest move that has happened in our time hence we must embrace it.

Alisha from Hilton

Great for online business!

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Eleni from Owl Always Love You Custom Jewelry

Easy to use .

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Mostly from the reviews.

Elizabeth from Rebel Popcorn

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Lorena from PanHouse Casa Editorial

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

suman from Nthrive

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Coty from Infinite Pixel

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too. Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

Akande from Hunter Industries

A great invoicing solution for business

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great tool that is included with your PayPal business account, meaning there is no annual fee or monthly fee associated with it. It allows you to track on-app and off-app payments as well which is nice.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing offering is exceptionally easy to use and learn. I transitioned from another product to PayPal invoicing and was impressed with the robust features, customizable options and overall performance of the application.

Cons

There are some limitations around payment options and allowing multiple payments on a single invoice. You can make a deposit, but no features or functionality around milestone payments for example, which would be really nice.

Harley from Due Process International, LLC

My "Go To" Billing System

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Ease of use for small business.

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Good!

Pros

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

Jennelle from Bella Ballroom

Works great on our business website

Very good experience! We’ve been using PayPal Checkout for our website online gift certificate purchases and it’s worked great. Easy to implement and use.

Pros

We use this software each year on our website in order to sell gift certificates for our services over the holidays. It works great for us! Our staff gets instant notification of payment and we’re able to deliver the gift certificates to our clients.

Cons

The transition fees are a bit high, it would be great if the rates were a bit more competitive, but it’s still within a reasonable range.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Again, it’s a trusted name for those who are unfamiliar with our business.

Mylinh from Tran-Quility Acupuncture

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Flexibility of Paypal

I like that I can pay using my paypal account. It also remembera my information for payment and can change it at any time.

Pros

I can send invoices, charge it, review it for personal.or business related end. In this sense it is more flexible than square.

Cons

Sending invoices via mobile phone is not possible. You need to download another app or just expect to do that on a desktop instead. I use square if I need to send an invoice from my mobile device.

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Daniel from Eat A Pita Food Truck/Catering

Easy Money Transfers

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

Easy to use, as long as I can get the card scanner to work.

Overall, I think this app and pay experience is a great way to have small organizations have the ability to take these types of payments in various situations and locations. However, if the card reader doesn't operate well, it defeats the purpose and can make the organization look unprepared or unorganized.

Pros

This app is set up in a very user friendly format. I like the use of the larger font sizes for all text and buttons. I use this app for fundraising events, so having the option to filter items to each event is a great feature. The sale area is clear and easy to edit if a mistake is made. The sales activity area is also very user friendly, and easy to manage and review sales. The look and feel of the app is very well paired with the website experience.

Cons

My only issue with this app is that I have repeated trouble using the swipe card reader. Even upon receiving a new reader with a new iPad, I sometimes have to swipe 4 times to get the card to read. This is not ideal when I have a donor standing there watching me and I have to apologize. I always test the reader before each event with my own card, to see what problems arise. Luckily, I typically only have to use the card reader with individuals I know and work with, so it's not as much of an embarrassment. I have taken the iPad out of the case to see if the connection would work better. Sometimes that does work better but not always.

Silvanus from FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC

Industry: Dairy

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far. Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants. you can trust my word for it

Pros

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

Frederick from Figment Design, Inc

Wish all my customers paid via PayPal

We market and sell a complex product which is not a solid solution for everyone. Most times this disconnect is not understood until weeks into post sale. We have a very liberal return policy to account for this complexity. PayPal is the company which makes our customer support deparment smile when they process a return and discover the customer paid with PayPal.

Pros

I manage an e-commerce site which accepts all forms of traditional credit cards and PayPal for customer checkout. I deal daily with the big 3 processors and PayPal and to say the differences are oceans apart is an understatement. PayPal's customer support and processes are the gold standard in the online payment processing world. You get the right answer the first time every time. Their payment and refund policies are fair, accurate, and timely. They are a pleasure to do business with.

Cons

My only complaint about PayPal is that not enough consumers utilize their service. I am sure they share this same complaint with themselves.

Liz from Liz Wade Photography

Industry: Photography

PayPal Checkout for a Small Business

Overall, PayPal Checkout has been a simple, safe, and reputable solution to offering online payments to my clients. With its easy Wordpress integration, I invested very little time into getting set up. Being able to take payments ahead of meeting my clients in person has been a boost to business, so I am willing to overlook the fees incurred with taking payments online through Paypal Checkout.

Pros

I am a professional freelance photographer and I take bookings through my website. I needed a safe, reputable and easy way for clients to pay for their sessions and products online. PayPal Checkout was the solution to my problem. It easily integrated into my Wordpress website so my clients don't need to leave my website to complete payment. It's mobile friendly, which is a great feature since I know at least 50% of my clients access my website on their phones.

Cons

My biggest complaint about Paypal Checkout can hardly be avoided; the fees I incur when clients pay me through it. I don't know of any free sales merchant, though, so this may be a moot point. My second complaint would be that customer service is lacking. I recently had an issue where all of clients' credit cards were being declined through Paypal Checkout on my website and I had trouble speaking with customer support about why this was happening.

Relieable Product

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

It has been around longer so I just continued to use it when others came out.

ASHLEY from Ashley's Fitness Party

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Jack from Precision Health & Fitness Ltd

Ability to accept card & contactless payments easily

Paypal Here has meant my personal training studio and physiotherapy clinic has been able to take card payments, this has been of great convenience to both myself, my staff and my customers in that we no longer have to deal with cash. The portability of the card device and the app based software have meant we are able to take payments on the go if we are training outdoors or at an event. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. The only fees are the cost of the card machine and then a very small percentage of the transaction meaning it has been much cheaper to run than many other options such as renting a card machine.

Pros

Affordable for small businesses Easy to use Integrated card machine allows card and contactless payments to be made Card machine is easily portable and with the system being app based it means I just need a phone and signal to take transactions when on the go.

Cons

The Bluetooth connectivity can be a bit patchy depending on the device it is connecting to.

Brian from Western Governors University

If they click away, they get away...

PayPal is an easy platform for new businesses to use and get paid for their goods and services. Fees are very reasonable, transfers of available funds from your PayPal account into your bank are free and lightning quick (for me it is either ACH transfer for free and in the account in the morning, or they send it through my debit card, 1% fee, but instant deposit to my checking account). When starting a business there is already a vast array of critical components all vying for your attention and dollars, so start off at least with PayPal for simple ease of use. Add PayPal Checkout to your checkout page as a payment option and voila you even have a built-in financing system customers may opt to use via their PayPal Credit Account - an account that is rather easy to qualify for as well and offers financing deals so you don't have to! This gives them every reason to go ahead and just do it - and you just made another sale.

Pros

PayPal Checkout is an easy way to offer another very popular payment option to that all important checkout page on your website. Keep them on task, checking out, and you making that sale, so they don't meander off your page and end up making their purchase elsewhere.

Cons

This method does on some devices limit consumer choice for their PayPal to charge the account they want, i.e. limit on number of cards displayed and/or limiting ability to add a new payment method without going to PayPal's site.

Joyce from Real Vision Studio

Very Easy To Use~

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Ann from Hospitality

PayPal has made financial transactions easy and user friendly

PayPal offers a great service and we are grateful to have it. We feel that our money and transactions have always been safe and secure which is extremely important. We have used PayPal for years and have never had any issues. Their customer service is excellent and they offer great professional and fast support.

Pros

The thing I love most about PayPal is that it is easy to use. It is easy to track payment, keep a record, request money, send money. Money can be transferred directly into our bank account which has saved us tons of time. I really like that other people are not required to have a PayPal account to send money which makes it super easy for transactions. They also accept payment by credit card which has made our transactions very easy.

Cons

I would really like to learn more about the features they offer. I think that this could further improve my overall experience.

rebecca from rebecca dillahay photography

Industry: Photography

Paypal here review

It's been an incredible experience! I love that it's available on my smartphone as an app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficiently send an invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Pros

I love that it's available on my smartphone as a app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficently send a invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Cons

I currently have no cons about the PayPal here app.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Because I already had a PayPal act and was convent for me.

Pay With Ease

My overall experience has been fine, with the exception of what I mentioned about what I least like about the software.

Pros

Its ease of use! I use this to pay just about all of my bills, mortgage included! It's easy to navigate and their is no guess work.

Cons

I honestly cannot find anything I dislike about the software per se but I am however a little angry that Paypal has of recently decided to let us make payments straight from our bank accounts instead of me having to purchase Paypal Cash cards to transfer money. I've been paying a mortgage for almost 6 years now and it is only as of recently I've been able to enjoy this feature. I've spent god knows how much money on transfer fee's ($4.95) for the last 6 years and now you finally enable this feature? Not helpful at all.

Victor from Fiverr

The esential app for modern frelancers and entrepeneurs

Since I am a freelancer, most of the time I work with people who do not use the same currency as I do, or simply, they prefer to make every transaction right on PayPal, and since most of the time people like me are busy, its really nice to have direct access to the PayPal feature on your phone, with no complications. Things, like paying or transferring to an employee, requesting money for a debt, even splitting a bill, becomes really easy. In my experience, I think is a MUST HAVE in your phone and in a daily basis as an entrepreneur. I couldnt work or solve as fast many problems that you face in your daily basis without it.

Pros

There is so much to say about this, things like waiting for long logging time to get to your money, or pay for products or services is long gone, this app has helped me so much for my business, I could be at a train station, on the bus and even exercising in exteriors and still be managing my money, the payments for requested products, ask a client for a payment real quick, even if one member of my family needs some i can just transfer directly from the app. Its just marvelous.

Cons

Not really much like cons, but more like, maybe a little interface enhancement would be great. Or how to navigate through the menu. The current one is ok and usefull, but I trully believe it can improved to make transfer and request even more fast.

Lisa from Scrubs-N-More

Excellent App

It’s one of the best apps out there on the market right now I’m able to make all my transactions for my customer through it very easy to navigate through and saves me lots of time makes my life easier

Pros

Here is one of the best apps out there on the market right now. It is really easy to navigate and really easy to collect payments for my merchandise. It makes my life a lot easier

Cons

There’s nothing I like least about this app it is an excellent app for every day use

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I pick this up over anything else due to the fact are used PayPal on a daily basis and it makes it easier for me to use a chip reader and card swipes. It allows me to get all my funds instantly transferred to my PayPal account. Life is much simpler with this app

Mike from DataPro International

Receive And Make Payments Easily

PayPal has competitive rates to other payment processors. PayPal has a reputation for excellent service, the transactions are completely secure, the quality and guarantee that has been established with the brand makes it recognizable and trusted to prospective customers. This is an asset for businesses where clients want that extra level of security that PayPal offers. Transactions are processed instantaneously and multiple currencies are handled without the need for us to convert them. PayPal does all of the work and is reliable. PayPal is essential to our company and to my personal use.

Pros

PayPal is widely accepted everywhere. The need to store customer payment information is eliminated providing added security for clients. The PayPal dashboard is easy to use, all information is stored in one place. Shipping and contacting a client becomes easy if necessary. Processing payments is easy. At checkout Paypal handles everything.

Cons

We haven't had any real issues with PayPal. The few times we have had to deal with customer service they were quick to respond to our issues. The foreign exchange rate is not always that great which is sometimes a drawback.

Kristen from GabbaGear

Wish I had gotten this sooner

Before I was unable to accept cards and I had tried a few other point of sale apps with little success and ridiculous fees. This app has really made my customer base expand since so many people don't like to carry cash and I was unable to take a card and unwilling to use some of the regular mobile cash apps because I didn't want to link my bank account.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and it connects straight to my PayPal so I didn't have to download and set up even more on my phone. I use the PayPal mobile card reader because I am constantly on-the-go so with this I can use my phone to accept credit card payments for my small business. The fees aren't too high on it and there's no monthly fee which makes my wallet feel better when business is slow.

Cons

What I like least isn't so much the software itself it's the customer service that comes along with it. I've only experienced one issue so far while using it but getting customer service to take care of it is kind of like being on a carousel. No-one could help me, they didn't have the authority to fix the problem and transferred me repetitively. Finally after two days worth of constant calling I finally reach someone who could help but that's a lot of work for something I would have thought would have been so easy. Once I reached that person my issue was solved in a matter of minutes so that individual gets a thumbs up but it was very time-consuming to find someone with the knowledge and authority to help.

Paypal

Pros

I love this software and the availability that it allows you to collect money from customers and also pay customers out of any number of your personal accounts. I do like the fact that Paypal allows a family member to send you money owed without a charge to to the one receiving the funds.

Cons

My only issue with Paypal is the cost you have to pay to use the software if you are the one receiving funds from the customer. This takes away any profit you may get when selling an item. Most of the time a person is selling an item at a reduced cost anyway. Also, Paypal charges for the entire item plus shipping which I do not think is fare. The seller is not getting the advantage of shipping and to be included is not right.

Briann from Brianna alassondra beauty

Best thing ever

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I feel like it’s just the universal app for businesses.

Jessica from Alaska Northern Lights

Industry: Medical Devices

Paypal Checkout - a must have on your site

Pros

We have been using Paypal Checkout on our website for over 10+ years. Our demographic is mostly older individuals and we found that they prefer Paypal checkout over a general merchant account on our website. The ease of use for the consumer is great and payments are processed near immediate. Also, the money is available on our side very quickly. Transferring to our account takes only 1 business day as well. I highly recommend having Paypal Checkout as an option on your website.

Cons

The reports aren't great and definitely could be spruced up a bit. Since we have been using them for so long, the reports really haven't changed much in all those years. So, we kinda just got used to it now.

The best money transferring app

Like I said in my previous review questions, my overall experience with paypal is one to remember. Such a great company with great workers. The app runs smooth, and they are a trusted brand that everyone can rely on. I love them!

Pros

Wow. Just wow. I have been a paypal customer for over 7 years now and I love everything about the company. If I ever had anything go wrong (soooo rarely) their customer support is always available and ready to help. The app makes money transferring so easy, with a click of a button. Paypal is one of those company’s who is a powerhouse in the industry of financial services and is trusted around he world and a middleman for transactions. You need this app if you do any internet purchasing. I love paypal and this app just is he icing on the cake.

Cons

The app when it first came out was a little glitchy. But the paypal team quickly fixed it up with efficient upgrades and updates to ensure their customers have a great expireneve. I have no lthing bas to say about paypal and cannot find anything to complain about. This company is the best at what they do!

Brivelle from Cosmetics

PayPal Still Number One

I had to call customer service on three separate occasions about the same time. When I called the first two times about a dispute, they were never entered into the claims department. It wasn’t until I spoken to a third agent, who took my claim and enter it into the system properly and reassure me that this situation will be taken care of. This beautiful person gave me a timeframe of when everything should be finished and to surprise, it was done just like he promised. It took PayPal over nine months to return $17.33. No matter what, I still have a sense of security when it comes to my account dealing with PayPal.

Pros

What I love most about PayPal is that I can link all my accounts to my PayPal account. When I’m paying for something I can choose what account I want the money to come out of. It gives me control and allows me to navigate my finances.

Cons

Customer service didn’t handle my dispute properly and customer service also doesn’t give returns back in a properly manor.

Christopher from Robbins Toyota Inc

Perfect

Pros

PayPal here is perfect for any small business owner. It is extremely easy to use, and the user interface looks perfect. The prices are fair and the customer service is very friendly. The fact that you can make invoices and send them out to customers via email or text message is incredibly handy. PayPal will also send you out a free card reader.

Cons

I think the only downside to PayPal here is the fact that most debit and credit cards are moving to either a touchless interface or using the chip. It does not seem that PayPal here is quite yet suited for touchless and chip as well as some others. You can still use them but you have to pay a good amount for the readers.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,601 reviews