• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and I love all the different reports you're able to view. "

• "I love your software -- it's so easy to use, and my staff likes it too!"

• "Easy to use, tech support easy to understand and very helpful!"

• Cons

• "Phone support takes longer now. Software is fine"

• "It was expensive. We switched to Square and bc there is no monthly fee. Rates are high but we are saving money."

• " The gratuity could be set up a little bit different but it still works great "

Browse ShopKeep Reviews

Angie from Wonderland Emporium

Puts Square to shame

Anytime I have had any issue or problem, customer service has been the best in helping me work threw it (computer illiterate remember) plus they always have options for me to make changes that potentially make it easier on my end, or sometimes even cheaper.

Pros

I like the fact that it is a lot more detailed in the inventory set up because it allows you to actually separate you retail store into sections where square did not allowing check out to be easier and faster if you are having issues with or do not use UPC/SCU coding. I also like the fact that you can enter your inventory purchases which automatically adds it to your inventory counts and then you can enter your payout/paying for such accounts

Cons

The inventory entry durning initial setup. Because I am computer illiterate, I am still struggling to get it set up correctly and you do not have the option to go in and erase everything to start over.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Because they had no issues with the type of inventory we chose to carry.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Square stopped service because they decided we were a high risk company based on a catagory of items we carried even though those items were on considered illegal by the US government.

Eric

Ease of use

This program is very easy to setup, I use this for a helicopter flight school and helps to make us paperless, receipts are easy to email and it gives us the ability to send out emails and newsletters to our customers

Pros

Any iPad turns into a register that makes things simple and takes away the need for a calculator!

Cons

Wish it would download each transaction to quick books!

Charleen from So Olive

Cost of Goods Sold not included in Quickbooks Integration

Overall, it has been good except for the QuickBooks Integration.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and for anyone to learn. I also like how quickly it updates information from Backoffice to the iPad.

Cons

We've been using ShopKeep for 5 years now. During those 5 years, we've been using a third party app called Shogo that would take our sales, including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) from ShopKeep and post it into QuickBooks. I have recently upgraded my plan because ShopKeep now integrates directly with QuickBooks, and I had dropped Shogo. Huge mistake! ShopKeep does not have COGS mapped to QuickBooks. That's like washing your hair without shampoo. For every sale, cost of goods sold needs to be booked at the same time or your profit margins are off. I find it ridiculous that they didn't think to include it as part of the integration. So if you want Cost of Goods Sold posted into QuickBooks you will have to manually do a journal entry.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

It included raw goods as part of the inventory.

Denise from Private Gallery Boutiques

Review of ShopKeep

I went from a complex system that I purchased for over $100,000 to ShopKeep. What a joy to have a system that is so easy to use and not time consuming to do the task at hand. Yet it provides so much information to know exactly where your company stands. Love everything about ShopKeep.

Pros

My favorite thing about ShopKeep is That it can give you so much information about your numbers yet it is so easy to operate.

Cons

I know this sounds crazy but I really don't have any negatives with this system.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Clover seemed to be geared more toward restaurants and their fees were higher. Shopify was more expensive. I got a much better rate for my credit cards with ShopKeep. The people are always so helpful and really go above and beyond. If someone didn't know the answer to my question they would find out and get back to me. Rep was key to getting everything set up and running and how best to apply it to my business. It was like speaking with a friend. She was amazing. She would always contact me when something new would come out if she thought it would benefit me and my company. ShopKeep is thorough, user friendly, and provides a plethora of information that is helpful with running my business. Sounds silly but ShopKeep feels like family! They treat me like they would want to be treated and it doesn't get any better than that in my book. I have been in business for 25 years and have never experienced anything like it! Thank you for this opportunity to share my experience!

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Outdated and also extremely time-consuming.

Sophie from Cafe Taiyaki52.com

Terrible experience

My online business is critical to me and I felt I was not provided with enough options and information to switch my online payment options. Only if I knew Shopkeep payments are not available in Canada, I would have had more time to look for and prepare for the changes. I decided to walk away from Shopkeep and find something else that would provide POS and e-commerce system without this trouble. I requested to have a full refund of my Shopkeep e-commerce system (last 2 months payments) and also opt me out of POS subscription. The Shopkeep agent declined and said their policy won't allow any refund. I feel my business is not valued. Their business decision to remove the existing payment method is certainly affecting my business and they are not willing to accommodate for causing such inconvenience. Now I'm left with a website with no payment options for my customers until I set up a new website. If anyone is looking for a simple way to set up online ordering system, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I would recommend Ecwid that would provide exactly the same service at a cheaper plan.

Pros

Easy to use . Set up was not too difficult although it took some time to figure out other functionality. Once it is set up, it is easy and simple. Good for small business.

Cons

I was perfectly happy with Shopkeep until when I found out that Shopkeep e-commerce is removing existing online payment method, Stripe, which was a major payment gateway for my online business. They recommended adding their own Shopkeep payments instead at 3.5% (Strip was 2.9%). I wasn't happy but I assumed I didn't have a choice. I decided to wait until the last minute and make the switch. When I tried to opt in for Shopkeep payments yesterday, the error message came up so I called the support and found out Shopkeep payment method is not available in Canada! That was not stated in their email clearly. I started to look for other payment options such as Clover and Authorize.net. I was advised by Shopkeep agent that I had to call my merchant company to set up Authroize.net. When I called my merchant agent at First Data, they told me the service is not available and that they are not trained to provide assistance with Authorize.net. I called Shopkeep support back today to get advice. They insisted that I speak with First Data again. Another option suggested is to set up my website again with other e-commerce platform (Ecwid?) from scratch. That will make me spend days to upload a menu, pictures, modifiers and etc. I was stressed with my situation as I don't have time to do all that work while I'm working with the minimum number of staff due to Covid-19.

Response from ShopKeep

Replied August 2020

Hi Sophie, Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We take every review seriously and have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams. We've also issued a refund to your account for your ecommerce subscription. If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know. Thank you, The ShopKeep Team.

James from Warrior's Revolution LLC

Starts Off Great

Shopkeep was supposed to simplify my POS and reporting. It has not done that my old POS system I called support 1 time in 4 years. With Shopkeep I have had to call support more times then I can count and over the last couple months the hold times are so horrendous I have just given up. I actually have 2 shop keep accounts for my business but have only implemented one of them as the headaches I have to deal with, with the one is enough I don't want to double the trouble so I have stayed with my previous POS for our second location. The product itself is good, the reporting is excellent, but the customer service is about the worst you can imagine.

Pros

This software is pretty complete the reporting is great, the features are great. What you should get out of this software in one package would be hard to put together anywhere else but that is only if Shopkeep can actually deliver what they promise.

Cons

Sold a premium package with premium support and still can't seem to get reliable support. Over the last two weeks I have spent about 6 hours of total time sitting on hold and have yet to speak to a live person. I have chosen the call back feature twice and have not received any calls back only received 2 emails saying they tried to call and no one answered. No one can enplane the billing to me, as in why do I keep getting certain reoccurring charges that we can not attribute to anything. Shopkeep sent me the starter gift card pack which is supposed to come with the premium package but it is not enabled on my back office all it says is upgrade your package, which what do I upgrade to if I supposedly have premium. Another issue is they started billing me long before I even received my equipment. This was because who ever was supposed to submit the equipment order forgot and then went on vacation, biggest issue there is no refund available for the time I was getting billed but couldn't use the actual service. They never mention to you the constant PCI compliance stuff you have to constantly do, this is not easy stuff to do either and they offer zero support in filling out the required PCI compliance paperwork that is sent.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

It was supposed to be great and it supposedly came with great custom support. I wish the customer service could match the product.

More robust options with Shopkeep

Tracy from Bee One Studios

Great Apple POS

Overall experience with shopkeep is positive after switching from another POS system for small Business.

Pros

Great Apple iPad Pos system Shopkeep is ideal for small businesses that have a storefront and small to medium items to sell. It works quickly with less glitches than many other small business POS solutions. Keeps tabs on inventory, hours, customer emails and can be quickly linked to Quickbooks for accurate tax accounting. After having tried several POS systems for mine and my husband's small businesses over the years-this one is the most effective. I really like the inventory setup. It can be customized and is colorful so you can quickly pick items for sale for smooth transactions. It also allows for easy reordering of inventory when items are almost out of stock. A big plus is that it takes major credit cards without huge extra transaction fees.

Cons

The only downside is cost as the software, apple phones and tablets can be expensive if just starting up.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

While MindBody is good POS system for client services such as massage or yoga classes when I began selling more small items like jewelry and tshirts a more time effective system was needed.

Michael from JustJak’s Pet Market

Shopkeep for Small Business

Pros

The ShopKeep program is easy to use on an iPad. It is useful in a retail store but with small inventory.

Cons

The interface to set up inventory is time consuming if individual items are not added via a file upload. Even when set up, multiple screens are required to set up brands, sizes, and flavors. Need to use a scanner for easy, fast, and effective pos checkouts.

Lower rates formprocessing.

David from Worcester Railers

Good System For Smaller Minor League Sports Teams

I have had a very good experience with ShopKeep. This is an easy to work with system both back and front of the house, that is moderately priced. If I ever needed to figure out how to pull a report a simple phone call or internet search solved the problem. I don't think that I have ever been on hold with their customer service, for more than a minute. My only real problem with SkopKeep is that you have to pay full price for a second register and then full price again for a 3rd register, and so on.

Pros

Great back of the house inventory system. Lots of viewable sales reports. Easy to use and clean POS. Dozens of Hot Keys available for POS Immediate register updates and syncing with back of house. Good customer support system

Cons

In order to get multiple POS registers, you have to pay full price for a whole new system. Meaning that you are paying the same amount for an extra register, that you would be paying for a single register plus your entire back of house inventory system. I would be willing to pay a little extra for multiple registers, but not the same amount for a whole new system. In order to pull an inventory report, you have to export to excel. Would be much easier if you could pull an inventory report based on Department or Category.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Retail Pro and Revel offer a little more, but are much more expensive. ShopKeep has a much better back of house inventory system compared to Square. ShopKeep seems to be designed by people that know retail, while Square sometimes does not.

Bobbie from Ginger's Garden Cafe

On it's way

Pros

When Shopkeep is running and everything is syncing it's wonderful. Easy to use, easy to train staff to use, the credit card signing page has increased tipping by 30%, reporting is fun to see without extra data entry.

Cons

When Shopkeep isn't running and syncing time moves so slowly. Resetting the credit card machine over and over during a busy time is awful. Resetting the ticket printers then updating the ipads when we are busy is miserable. Having them just not re set and paying more to manually enter credit card numbers sucks. Having the printers just not reset and having to go back to hand writing and running tickets to the kitchen is the worst. When the ipads don't sync so we can't pull checks at the register for customers who didn't order at the register and well that really sucks. A lot. Troubleshooting with customer service on this last issue was pretty bad. They would go back to the beginning and tell me to restart the ipads as if I wouldn't have tried that considering we experience them not syncing at least every other day. I have had to get a new router and faster internet to try and solve it. We still experience the ipads not syncing at least every other day even with the expensive upgrades. And lastly reading the summary report to understand what amount of cash you are intended to deposit daily is very confusing. I was told different things by different reps and this led to a daily error we had to go back and fix weeks after we discovered it. Is cash total with your initial drawer amount or not and why doesn't it automatically subtract cash Pay Outs or does it in fact do that? Well we figured it out finally it does not include your starting cash but does include not exclude your Pay Outs. Seems dumb for such a smart system. But worse seems dumb customer service gave different information on different days.

Kristine from BAKED! Bread & Pastry Co

Shopkeep Locks up during service

Frustrating. Disappointing.

Pros

Easy to get going. At this point, I don't have a lot of good to say.

Cons

During service hours, we have a long line..shopkeep locks up and takes 5 minutes to get going again. This was not a once in a while thing but EVERY SINGLE DAY. Contacting customer service and they don't have an answer except for uninstalling program and rebooting. Really, during high volume with a line of people looking at you wondering what is taking so long. We are going to eat the $90 monthly service fee just to get out of this POS POS system. I thought I was very careful and thoughtful about my POS..I made a mistake. Don't do the same thing I did by choosing Shop Keep.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

REVIEWS. And that they are rated #1 in POS systems. Not sure how this can be.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

I thought I was being cost effective. Turns out, I've spent more money .

Response from ShopKeep

Replied May 2020

Hi Kristine, Thank you so much for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your recent experience. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate team members. They are currently reviewing your account and will be reaching out to you directly to help resolve. -The ShopKeep Team

Travis from South-Western City Schools

Shopkeep used in Career Tech Programs

Overall, I'd definitely recommend Shopkeep. For the price, for the customer service, for its quick implementation and ease of use, you really cannot beat it.

Pros

We implemented Shopkeep within our 4 high school stores, our Cosmetology program's salon, and our Culinary program's restaurant. All have loved Shopkeeps ease of use and learning. The students have picked up on it very quickly. The Back Office has allowed our teachers and students to customize as needed. Overall it's a great product. The restaurant cannot wait for the "tables" option to become officially part of the program. Our district currently does not allow for credit cards, but they are finally considering this and we are looking forward to that and gift cards as well!

Cons

We had some issues with connectivity being a large district with many students on our wifi. We were able to purchase adapters and "hard-line" the iPads. This isn't really a Shopkeep issue though. One issue we've had is once a mistake has been made and the shift is closed, there is no way to "fix" the mistake (students will make these mistakes from time to time). We've also been left with some "hanging" open checks but figured out how to get rid of these by deleting the app and reactivating the register.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I thoroughly read through reviews, analyzed cost, and went over the pros and cons of each--and ShopKeep, for what we needed, was the best.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

The POS system was a small, locally owned business whose customer service was costly and poor. The system itself had many issues and was outdated. The overall cost became too much for its low quality.

Ryan from Denali Pretzels

System freezes and quickbooks integration doesn't work from day 1

Customer service hold times are long, no results. Will probably switch to a competitor.

Pros

I like the layout and functionality when it is working.

Cons

Cannot customize easily. Non cash gratuities feature is great but when you do a payout for tips this amount should decrease but it doesn't. Quickbooks integration doesn't work from day one. Customer service promises results that don't go anywhere. You cannot get a supervisor on the phone, they must submit a calendar invite (still waiting for this). Paying full price for a partially functional system.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Layout and quickbooks integration (doesn't work)

Jessica from Rileys of lake placid ‘Pine & Seek

Very positive experience

I have been very pleased with shopkeep, the initial price was high considering I was upgrading from a traditional register and needed to add an up to date I pad, bar code reader and other features to optimize and get the most out of the software. I have recommended shopkeep to many people and had received a referral bonus, score! Customer service has always been very knowledgable and down to earth and I have felt with past interactions that I am speaking with someone who takes my concerns seriously and is not just going through the motions. The back office has more features than I need for my small business but I am glad they are available. Retrieving data about past purchases, inventory or customers is simple if needed. Because of shopkeep I was able to begin selling products online to grow my business.

Pros

Platform that looks simple and is approachable when teaching new employees how to use the register. Favorite part is how clear and organized the shopkeep register app looks.

Cons

I sometimes experience connectivity issues, and wish there was a way to print bar code stickers without having to log into my back office allowing customers the ability to print and modify item codes.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I wanted an I pad based pos that could be upgraded to offer inventory management between both a physical store and an online store. Both Shopify and shopkeep has this feature but I chose shopkeep because of the price and the ability to build a big commerce store.

Ric from Hula Girl

Shopkeep helped my entire biz

Getting rid of the old big register was a plus. Being able to research sales and transactions. The entire OPOS system is great. I track sales on my phone and home computer. Sometimes it's glitchy and crashes. especially after updates but the customer service team is pretty amazing! High Marks for customer service.

Pros

It's our first POS system so it's basically changed the way we do everything for the better. Sorry I can't compare to other systems. But we love being able to check sales and transactions and other info from our phones, etc. Other plus is time clock & payroll hours. All kinds of greatness in this app.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to see how many of an item I've sold over a selected period of time. Wish there was a way to sync up with my online store sales and share inventory and track inventory/delete inventory when an online sale takes place. Right now it only deletes inventory when a sale in the actual shop takes place.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

It seemed good. Just flipped a coin basically. Didn't know much at the time about any pos system.

Kevin from Twisted Taps

Industry: Restaurants

Getting better but still needs work

Be careful with BYOD equipment (they prefer you buy from them). I recently added a wireless receipt printer and had problems with the system printing multiple receipts. When I contacted support they stated my solution is not supported but they would try to help me. The problem got fixed by deleting all three printers and re-adding them but I was concerned about the not support comment. Seems like they are way behind on current technology.

Pros

Quick to learn and easy to operate. A recent update made navigating tabs easier if you have more than one screens worth of tabs.

Cons

Serverless sync needs work. If you have a second register you do not open shifts on very often, you will have to clear out old tickets on it before you can use it without confusion. Would love to be able to view, adjust, and receive inventory from a single screen. If you have lots of adjustments to do, you have to run a report and print it then go to adjust or receive separately. Just raised monthly subscription prices 30%+ unless you committed paying to at least two years in advance. Who knows where you might be in two years?

Alan from Oasis Cafe LLC

Excellent business responsive company

Excellent customer service, easy to access them for help, always available 24/7

Pros

Relable, easy to develop and use, great tech and customer service response.

Cons

Initial card reader would not work on Gift Cards - had to upgrade to another card reader

better customer service

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Overcharging by Clover, and poor Clover response - impossible to get through to customer service, no service on week ends.

nelson from dos gringos

bad customer service

DO NOT BUY THIS SYSTEM unless you are very good at internet technology and enjoy troubleshooting and restarting your systems frequently. They will not help you beyond the most basic information

Pros

when the system is working it's quite easy to use. The base level customer service is pretty good and the hold times are very short. basic help is available 24/7 because they use call centers in different parts of the world, most often Ireland

Cons

When you have a problem, you start over very time with a different agent who follows the same flow chart and regurgitates the same information. It's IMPOSSIBLE to speak to any kind of manager. To receive more advanced advice requires an escalated appointment which often takes days. They will always blame your network for all connectivity issues and will not assist you any further after that. Next time you have an issue, you go back to the beginning and start from scratch with a complete stranger. Also this system requires EXTENSIVE internet technology knowledge on site all the time. We trouble shoot and diagnose internet and connectivity issues multiple times a week.

Dave from High Country Hobbies

Overall disappointment with Shopkeep

I wasn't finished with "cons" but I ran out of available space. I moved to Shopkeep from Quicken POS, almost entirely because I didn't want to be locked into a Windows platform. If I were to do it over again, I would elect to have stayed with Quicken POS and just bit the bullet on a new Windows machine. Shopkeep has been a disappointment. I listened to the salesman and jumped right in. If you are considering the switch, do not make it without doing a thorough test of the Shopkeep capabilities for yourself.

Pros

Support is easy to access. Some support staff are knowledgeable, but most just refer to the instructions on the built-in "Help" menus.

Cons

1. No provisions for collecting "state sales" tax only. 2. No provisions for changing the date of the sales register to recover unrecorded ecommerce sales from the previous month. 3. Does not integrate with BigCommerce, as was promised during the purchasing process. 4. Entering multiple similar items is cumbersome, since there is no "copy" function that allows you to use all the information from the previous entry except for changing the SKU or product name. You have to re-type every field. 5. When going to a new screen, the cursor does not position itself automatically at what would be the normal starting field for the screen. 6. Backoffice does not recognize the hand held bar code scanner that the register program recognizes. You need a separate scanner for both programs. 7. If, after typing in all the information for a new product in inventory in backoffice, you make an error in field type, the system shows you an error message, but instead of retaining all the correct information on the screen except for the field with the error, the system makes you re-type all the fields again. 8. You cannot set the default value on the backoffice screen for entering new items, thereby allowing you to save on keystrokes. So if a high percentage of your categories are "shoes", you would expect the program would allow the default value to be "shoes", or whatever the user finds most efficient. Not with shopkeep. 9 The backoffice screen doesn't scroll to new fields.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I was told it would integrate with Big Commerce and it eliminated the need for Windows based computers.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

The requirement for a windows based format.

Response from ShopKeep

Replied June 2020

Hi Dave, Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback and have passed it on to our customer care and product teams. Next month, we're releasing a feature that will let you collect state sales tax only. We also released an update last week that will fix the bug that was causing number 7. As for the rest of your list, please stay tuned for pop up notifications in BackOffice that will notify you when our new features are expected to be released. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with our team directly, please reach out to feedback@shopkeep.com. Thank you so much, The ShopKeep Team

Darin from Chef Darin's Kitchen Table

Choose Shopkeep for Concern, Response and Continued Improvement!

Overall I have been very happy with Shopkeep. After using it a year I migrated to Square for Retail thinking it would give me everything I needed (in-store and mobile option) in one system. It was a horrible experience for me (unable to print labels from within the app, had to create my own sku system, inventory didn't provide detail I needed) and I RAN AS FAST AS I COULD back to Shopkeep!

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, flexible, the product has continued to improve and evolve in the 4.5 years I've been using it. 24 hr. assistance

Cons

I wish there was a way to download Inventory by supplier or category. The ability to download and print or at least just print more reports would be helpful. Becoming increasingly difficult to get assistance in a timely manner without carrying the premium pay level of service. I occasionally do off-site events such as as festivals, and have group events where I need to ring up wine purchases. Unfortunately these don't occur frequently enough to justify paying a monthly fee for a second register so for those types of things we have to use the Square App and then manually adjust inventory.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Shopkeep seemed the most straight-forward with the functionality I needed and an easy learning curve. They were also offering a hardware incentive at the time.

See above

Lonnie from Barrier Island Pet Supply

Great software for a reasonable price

I can’t say enough good things about this quality built, easy to use and amazingly dependable system. I haven’t had not one minute of downtime and pairing that with an expert technical support team you can focus your needs on the growth of the business rather than the operations. I will continue to use Shopkeep as long as they will let me.

Pros

Ease of implementation along with ongoing technical support that doesn’t just blow you off when you need them. It’s a very robust system that includes all the features I need most in an easy to use format.

Cons

My only negative comment would be toward the purchase order system that is a bit lacking in functionality and tends to be a bit glitchy.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Price, customer service and ease of implementation

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Square required buying separate modules for everything I wanted or needed.

Carrie from Stanton Daily Grind

ShopKeep for Your Little Shop

Our experience over the last year and a half has been positive. We are satisfied with everything that we are able to do with ShopKeep and look forward to adding features as our business grows. I would recommend this system to other businesses.

Pros

When I was originally shopping for a POS system, I was a new buyer. I have new how to use different system but was never the decision maker. I researched for price, ease of use, payroll capabilities and tech support. ShopKeep ticked all the boxes. It is easy to update when we add new products or change pricing. It is easy to check the time clock and adjust for missed punches. We have had a few occasions to use the customers service and each time were met with excellent service and immediate action to resolve our issues.

Cons

The upgrades are pricey for a small business but I don’t think it is much different than other systems that are available. We are a new, small business and value the bottom line more than the bells and whistles. As our business grows it is nice to know that the capabilities are there to grow with us.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I appreciated the time they took to go over everything with me in their sales presentation. Their trouble shooting and customer service are top notch. The affordability was a factor as well. The value of the system and the service that goes with it make a valuable investment.

Maria from The CookieJar NYC

Awesome User Friendly POS system

I have recommended Shopkeep to everyone I see. I am not sure if it turned int new users but I’m sure my good vibes have trickled down in the community for Shopkeep. My staff also tells customers the POS system that we use and highly recommend it from a users perspective. I started in. September 6 years I believe and no one in Staten Island had a Shopkeep account so I would be interested to see how many accounts there are now and can guarantee some of those are due to the good reviews I give to fellow business owners and customers.

Pros

I Love that I could set up the list of products myself with very little direction or training in the back office. I love that I can see sales remotely using the App on my smart phone. I love the ease of accessing holidays sales from the previous years so that I can better prepare for this years holiday. I love that the staff can learn this after 5 minutes and conduct a sale all by themselves with their first customer.

Cons

I wish that the software was able to be used in my new cafe whereby people sit down in my dining area and have waitress service. I wish they had a table layout program to facilitate this need I have in my newest business.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I believe I just connected more with the calls I made to Shopkeep then with the conversations I had with Breadcrumbs 6 years ago. I did initially have a few bumps in the road with my first experience with a POS system and Shopkeep had patience with me and my many phone calls. I was initially frustrated with customer service since they were not available 24/7 to answer my questions. They were available 9-5 Mon-Fri basically and in a food business we tend to need help more when we are busiest which is the weekends. About a year later Shopkeep upped their customer service and it was quicker to get answers and help on weekends and nights.

Kelly from Peaceful Warrior Apothecary

Overall FANTASTIC!!

I absolutely love the system! The customer service is above anything I could ask for! EVERY time I call, each representative knows exactly what I am talking about, and has an answer for me! Quality!!

Pros

I handle many herbs that are weighed by the ounce. SK lets me set a price by the ounce, that it calculates when I right up the sale. I love this! I love the connection to QuickBooks and Mailchimp. I do not have a website yet, but will love when I do, that it can be linked as well!

Cons

A few things I would LOVE to see implemented are: 1. A linked-in mobile device (not the $300 one you currently offer that doesn't connect to SK). One that is actually linked into the inventory, and can be used when I have booth events outside of my hard location, during it's business hours. 2. In the items with variations, PLEASE let me move around the variations! I add new variations frequently (as I get new things in), and it would make it so simple if I could alphabetize them as I go. They are all just as I've added them now (out of order!). Also with the tabs, can I please be able to edit the names of the variations as well? Once you've entered the name of the variation, you can't edit the it at all right now.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

The fantastic demo with the quality sales rep I had, and the ability to adjust the price of my herbs by the ounce.

Jody from Livingston HealthCare

Best out there

We do have an IT department that manages most aspects of shopkeep, including maintaining products, iPad layouts, hardware, networking and reports, so we're fortunate in that respect, but in the few instances that we've contacted ShopKeep for help, they have been very responsive and proactive in getting us up-and-running quickly.

Pros

Shopkeep is really easy to use and set up - there is optional customizability and granularity that allows a company to operate as complex a retail or food service business as any small or medium business would want, yet it is scalable to a small business with less complexity too. We are a small, rural hospital with an outstanding Cafe (some people come to the hospital just for the food, and it is considered one of the best places to eat in our community). We use Shopkeep to run the Cafe for employees (who can swipe their ID badge to do a payroll-deduct for their meals), and visitors. In addition, we have a mobile register (iPad) that our dietary staff uses to visit patients on our inpatient wing at meal times to take patient food orders as well. Our patients LOVE this!

Cons

We have been very pleased with the product, and have been using it for over 5 years. The issues we've had are related to the hardware (iPads) and the payment terminal hardware. Even so, these issues have been exceedingly infrequent.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Shopkeep offered a turnkey solution that included everything we wanted - including iPads, mounts, payment terminals, and printers, as well as gift cards. We had partnered with a payment card processor already, so our Finance department wanted to stay with them, but I'd have preferred to go with Shopkeep's partner.

Alaina from Twin Sisters Trading Company

I have loved this system since I got it at the beginning of 2019. The customer service is AWESOME. The credit card rates are great. Great reporting tools and the app is so handy.

Pros

The price and features were exactly what I was looking for. The credit card rates are unbeatable.

Cons

There are a few things in the inventory management area that I would change to take less “steps” to accomplish certain tasks but all in all it has all of the features I need to manage my inventory.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Square wouldn’t work with me because I sell ammunition. After that conversation I had to move on. But I’m glad I did because Shopkeep has been great and again...the credit card rates...way better than square.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

The Revel systems lacked a lot of intuitive necessities that you would need to run a retail shop with it. The phone app never worked. Returns were a nightmare. Voids were near impossible. I had a lot of complaints about this system.

James from Lava Mountain Lodge

Ease of Use Front End and Back End

Over all I am very happy with Shopkeep. We have 3 registers in a diverse small resort business with a Restaurant, Gas Station, C Store, Bar, Package Liquor, Lodge, Campground etc... We are able to adapt the system to work in all areas by setting up different pages for different areas of the business or used in combination as the transaction categories are available on all 3 registers whether being used at the bar, in the restaurant or at the lodge & c store. Customer Service has been great. Set up was done by myself which says just about anyone can do it.

Pros

Easy Set Up and functionality. Training employees on system is relatively simple and repetition is all it takes after the initial introduction. Changes to item/ menu in the back office are drag & drop which makes an easy quick process to adapting to changing environments. The equipment integration is great. I can do work and/or monitor the system from remote locations in the back office if I happen to be away from the property. Credit card processing/ tracking and reports are easy to work with. Report resources are almost endless and you can pretty much find what you need in the reports availabe.

Cons

I do not like the Discarded Item feature. It opens up to theft of items or cash payment of items set at zero default price with price on modifiers and does not track the Items themselves. There is no manager permission option for discarded items or at the very least an explanation/ reason code option. I would rather have it set up like the Void Option or not exist. Tracking the Item and the item price and/or modifier price with reason codes and manager permission options would be great for the discarded item feature. It would be nice to have a few more payment options such as ATM (currently use Pay Out and note ATM then ring the transaction with the cash) The ability to over tender a check for tipping would be a great feature. We still have a few patrons who write checks.

Rena from Patricio's Mexican Taqueria

Industry: Restaurants

The worst customer service I have ever received

I have been a loyal customer for 5 years with 2 restaurants and Shopkeep in both restaurants and I would not but it in another shopkeep system based on the customer service that I have had recently.

Pros

Shopkeep is easy to use for anyone. The back office is helpful and provides good information. I like that you can customize the pages to fit your needs.

Cons

Shopkeep's customer service is really bad. I rarely have an issue that I need to call Shopkeep about, usually I can trouble shoot most of the issues that we have. However, when I do have a problem, the people that answer the customer service lines seem to have very little or no knowledge of their own system. The people they hire repeat things over and over instead of trying to problem solve. On one call, the person kept putting me on hold and asking someone what I was asking him and then he would get back to me. It seems as though before they try to trouble shoot they try to blame it on something else. They usually try to blame it on my internet provider before they finish hearing what my problem is. Today when I called, I asked to speak with a supervisor because the CS person didn't know how to resolve my issue. He said there was no supervisor there today. What kind of unprofessional business is this that they don't have anyone to help when the CS person can't. In addition, call wait times are ridiculously long. Lastly, there is a real problem with their system that allows employees to steal money with their void system. I have told them several times for over a year that their system should be able to produce a report for all checks that are voided. They have not considered it a priority since a year later there is still no report for voided tickets. I had an employee steal thousands of dollars from me due to Shopkeep not being able to produce a voided checks report.

Adam from PS

It seems they have gone downhill.....

If someone asks for a call don't email. I have lots of questions and need someone knowledgeable for a few minutes to answer them all. Email is inefficient when one of your "answers" leads to more questions and you can't get responses slowly. I would love one person to take ownership of issues and be in easily reachable until the issue is resolved. I don't like having to talk to a new person every time.

Pros

The system is fairly easy to use and my new employees are able to learn it quickly. The bird's eye view is very helpful in knowing how we are doing day to day. I really like the comparisons to the same day last year and last month to see we grow month after month. I like the free MailChimp integration, They recently made a lot of updates that have made the system better and returns smoother.

Cons

It seems they are slow to implement updates, they didn't have an android phone app until recently and you can't see tons of info on it. I wish you could pull up past inventory values for specific days or time periods. The EMV capability on our card reader took well over a year to go active. The battery on the ICMP card reader dies in about 30 minutes of being unplugged not even used. You can't edit saved checks and can't do exchanges. They have a newer integration with BigCommerce that I was excited about because we already have a BC store and have to manually sync the inventory between the two. The problem is the integration isn't working with our store and they don't seem to know why. They have escalated the issue and supposedly the Q&A team is working on it but it's been over a month with no progress and it takes days for them to respond to requests for updates. They recently increased the price which is a large percentage increase. I've called service several times and asked for a manager to talk to and no one is ever available. I was told I'd get called back and one time a "lead" emailed me back and never responded to my follow-up email when I asked for a call. I then called again and asked for a manager and was told someone would call me back in 24 hours and no one ever did. I am now actively looking at other systems to replace Shopkeep because they don't call me back. I even tried to look for a regular non "800" number to call and attempt to call and speak to a supervisor but one doesn't seem to exist. I thought the customer service was good in the past but recently it has been horrible.

Response from Catherine

Replied August 2017

Hi Adam, Thank you for your feedback. We've been actively trying to get in touch with you hoping that we can address some of your concerns. We will continue to reach out to you but please don't hesitate to contact us directly by responding to the most recent email you received from us. Thank you, The ShopKeep Team

Christopher from Le Panier

Rescued us from a POS of perpetual problems

When we first transitioned from a legacy POS to an iPad-based POS, we'd gone with another product that seemed perfect. Unfortunately, that product was like buying a house and discovering a day in and day out that it was full of mold, had cracks in the foundation and other structural problems, and the repair people tasked with helping you seemed trained to make things worse. It required constant attention in order to ensure very basic functionality, crashed constantly, caused massive headaches with credit card processing, and everyone from our account rep to her bosses to "tech support" was so clueless, one could write a sitcom with the stories. We shopped around for our replacement, making sure to ask all the questions and investigate to the best of our abilities so as not to end up in the same place. We found ShopKeep and could not be more pleased with the results. I cannot overstate how completely opposite every interaction with ShopKeep has been compared with the competitor we replaced. Every question has been answered satisfactorily, every issue dealt with (and not forgotten by an overwhelmed support crew), and every guarantee upheld. Even better, the application itself functions as advertised, so we are not spending actual hours of our time making something work; it just works. We don't experience crashing, lost data, unsolvable credit card processing nightmares, and the rare calls to tech support are quick and painless. There may not be as many back-end bells and whistles in terms of reporting and inventory, but these are always in development, and I feel comfortable saying that when these new elements are introduced they will function as described. The app is clean, intuitive to learn, easy to use, and the resources made available, detailed online instructions, videos, etc. combined with helpful, engaged, communicative staff at all levels have made ShopKeep a hero to us. If I ever notice ShopKeep being used at another business, I always make a point to ask about it and find the same enthusiastic appreciation I'm trying to convey here. (Whereas I do the same with the competitor we ditched, and always see their eyes glaze over.) I highly recommend ShopKeep and know that users will be as satisfied as we are to have found them.

Pros

Clean design, easy & intuitive to learn, very stable i.e. does not crash, connectivity has never been an issue, back-office works well in its current format. Tech support always available, helpful, and willing to go the extra step to help when they do not immediately have the answer. Simplicity, meaning one is not overwhelmed with more features than one could use (and which could be rendered pointless if overall stability is a challenge). Fairly flexible layout for the iPad menus. Very straightforward to set-up, and the online resources are comprehensive. I taught myself everything in an afternoon, and staff all took to it quite easily. I have not had to spend hours and hours trying to establish functionality with a line of customers staring at me.

Cons

BackOffice reporting could be a little more comprehensive and with more user control in terms of personalization. Bulk editing and management of inventory/stock items is nice, but individual item edits can be time-consuming if one is only working on 5 items (vs. 50).

Dan from Avitas

Fantastic Retail Point of Sale System

Shopkeep has been an incredible system for us. We've been using it for just over two years now and are extremely satisfied. For the price, you will not find a better system anywhere, and trust me, I've done the research. The cashier end of the system is very intuitive and easy to learn. Teaching my new staff how to use it is a breeze. Customizing the screens makes it easy to sort products by page and button color. The back end of the system is just as easy to use. The built-in analytics can quickly bring up a great overview of how your business is doing. Inventory management is fantastic and very easy to manage. Importing and exporting inventory, customers, sales, etc... is all effortless and great for analyzing data outside of Shopkeep. The App and web-based back office are constantly being updated and improved. Support staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and have always been great at providing us solutions. For anyone who is looking for a great system for a small retail business that is cost efficient, has great customer support, and is easy to use, look no further... This is the system for you. The only cons to this system is that you can't manage or transfer inventory between stores in the same back office. You will have to switch between stores and manually add/subtract inventory for each store. Another great feature missing is a separation of stock between the storefront and a storage area. These are features probably better suited to a larger retailer who would need a more capable system but features Shopkeep should consider in their development. Overall we are very pleased with the system. You can't go wrong!

Pros

Ease of Use. This is some of the most intuitive software I've ever used. It literally took me a couple of hours to learn the system inside and out and my staff is able to count on me for answers any time and I have no problem providing them quick solutions.

Cons

I would really like to see a way that we could consolidate store management into a single back office so that we could transfer stock quickly and easily between stores. Also, if there was a way to have a back stock/storefront separation for inventory, it would save us an insane amount of time with our inventory management control.

Ariel from Everything Colorado

Shopkeep

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to print UPCs straight from the software. Easy to read the data. I like that Shopkeep processes their own credit cards because then you only have one customer service agent to call when there is an issue.

Cons

Bulk Management is not easy to use because there are many nuances that bring up a lot of issues/errors. It doesn't let you activate inventory counts once they are turned false.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Shopkeep has an affordable price, good customer service (although sometimes the wait is long on the phone), and it is easy to use and has good data.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Vend is not easy to use, it is very complicated. You can't read their data, they just give you numbers without graphs. UPCs are very hard to print from their system and sometimes they don't scan. Vend doesn't process their own credit cards so if the system fails they blame it on the credit card processor and send you away, which doesn't solve the problem. Vend is more expensive.

Julie from Greetings from the Farm

Shopkeep continues to Impress...

Shopkeep is my overall solution for register transactions and my merchant account. I have been extremely satisfied with the overall look, performance, easy of maintaining inventory, reporting and the very competitive merchant services I am receiving. Updates to the system functionality are continually being delivered and provided in the What's New tab... I'm finding treasures there for things I didn't realize I would need, but have made my life so much easier. Check quantity of inventory at the register, bar code scanning for returns was a big one, and I really like the ability to print bar code labels for the quantity needed right from the back office. Overall, I feel I have partnered with the right provider who is progressive in continually developing and delivering the best software solution to their customers, which is the same model I have adapted to continually provide fresh new products for my customers. Thanks, Shopkeep, keep up the great work!

Pros

I am a retail store and was looking for a register solution which was affordable, scalable, and flexible for my type of business. The overall aspect of this software solution by Shopkeep which I am really impressed; they continue to improve and update the features and functionality. I have really enjoyed the new returns option to tender back to a gift card and the flexibility to add items and variants in the back office quickly and send to the register.

Cons

The only challenged experienced when I started the service was around the delivery of my equipment. The order got a bit stuck in the system and some of the equipment did not arrive on time. Customer Service was extremely helpful, and continued to follow-up with me until resolved. Making a difficult situation easier to get through.

Zach from Souzza LLC

3 years into my account and here's what I noticed

Overall, our experience with ShopKeep has helped us grow to almost 3 times the size. I appreciate all the customer service and issue reporting help we've gotten throughout the years. I also like that I have a monthly fee and no extra charges or increases in subscription. This allows me to easily budget and continue to grow my business. Employees have told me the system is very easy to learn (over top corporations systems) and are pleased with the ease of use.

Pros

I enjoy the additional features and updates frequently. I also enjoy the level of experienced programers you have, especially when I'm able to get text message updates. Thumbs up! Also, the inventory system is becoming more and more detailed... which is something we need as a growing company. I enjoy controlling what is on screen directly from our back end.

Cons

My biggest let down is the chip reading hardware. I purchased one that remains unusable for us. Integrations for programs such as appcard should be interlinked within shopkeep software. Also, I like that you're working on the employee side of things, such as hourly tracking etc. It would be helpful to also add a payments system for paychecks. Using another software for this has added an extra hurdle for us. It would be nice to have an all inclusive software/hardware partner for our growing business. Thanks for reviewing!

Jason from Pollen Floral Works

i'm into it

it's been great. purchasing and installing it was easy and hassle free. so.....

Pros

shopkeep works very very well for us we are a full service floral/design and retail store. We had switched after the first year of using another pos system that was absolutely horrible so shopkeep is a breathe of fresh air. It's easy. It's easy to use. to change things in the back office. easy to get help from customer service if i need it. It's easy for my accounting dept to integrate and access all the info and reports that they need on the daily. I really don't have any complaints. I've talked to some bigger companies within the same industry so I know that shopkeep will be able to grow with us for sure.

Cons

don't really have any. it does everything that we need it to do.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

it was the #1 that people told me to check out after listening to me complain about lightspeed

because lightspeed is horrible

Matt from Schneider Feed, Lawn & Supply

Industry: Farming

Best Decision We Made

It has been a great experience. From startup, how easy it is to use and train new employees on to tech support

Pros

Everything. The ease of use and how it never lets us down. If we do have issues, Shopkeep is very quick and responsive to getting us back up and running

Cons

Could use a few more options on the back office

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

The Shopkeep rep I dealt with seemed more interested in my business. Plus Shopkeep had better ratings.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Their tech support and customer support was awful. The software would crash daily and if I was unable to solve the issue it would take them several hours to resolve.

Sharon from Health, Wellness, Fitness

Missing key information

Pros

Very easy to use, set up and teach employees. I was able to set up and start on day 1. Customer service is easy to reach on general questions.

Cons

1. If you want to know where your customers are coming from, such as google, ad, another customer, salesman, etc, there is NO WAY to track this information and get a report from Shopkeep. I inquired through customer service 3 times and it was escalated only for them to tell me, that it was not an important feature and no other business had expressed interest in this feature. Do you want to know where your customers and referrals are coming from, wouldn't this be important to you? If yes, please email shopkeep, all it would take is a one line option on the new customer page: REFERRED BY: ________.And then a report could be generated from the backend. 2. They need to integrate with Woocommerce, it's a very popular storefront plugin used in in wordpress sites. 3. Finally, should be a way to get this information to higher up staff at Shopkeep, something tells me that when they were a small company growing their business, they probably wanted to know where they were getting new customers from. So, other than these 3 things, they do a great job...just my two cents! Owner of Smart Meals.

Response from ShopKeep POS

Replied December 2018

Hi Sharon, Thank you for your feedback. I have passed on the product suggestions to our product team. Feel free to reach out with any additional feedback or questions. Thank you, The ShopKeep Team

ralph from Stookeys Famous Bar-B-Que

Overall good tool

Useful data collection used to control and improve many aspects of the business.

Pros

The back office interface and functionality.

Cons

Initial problems with cash drawer interface.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Looked at reviews, talked with users.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Cost, size of equipment, simpler interface.

Pam from Genevieve's

Huge Time Saver

As stated above, it saves me a lot of time and manual entry. It has given me a better picture of my business analytically. It tracks inventory, which I had always done a physical inventory with an excel spreadsheet. I love that I know immediately what my inventory amount is.

Pros

It automated the majority of my processes. I currently have 25+ local artists. Before ShopKeep, I manually calculated their total sales by peeling off and saving their tags. I love being able to see at any moment where I'm at with our consignment. I also love that I can see a snapshot of my business at any point. I like seeing average sales, top selling items, total sales tax due. Saves me so much time and paper!

Cons

Our clover is not the most reliable. Whenever I've had a problem, it's been related to the all-in-one Clover. I usually have to unplug it and plug it back in and let it reboot - not the most beneficial while a line of customers are waiting to check out. When it works - I love it! When it doesn't, it's very frustrating!

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Positive reviews, fit all of my needs,

Genia from Simply Creative

Great program

As our first leap into an Ipad based point of sale, I have been pleased. There are always learning curves and we seem to get them solved every time.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is as well as affordable it is to set up! The technical support is so easy to use and is always quick to respond!

Cons

We honestly have had some connectivity issues and Shopkeep has always been there trying to help. There are some features I would like to see like bigger print on the tags and the option to do a partial return. I would also like to be able to send an email receipt after the sale has been completed. A current running inventory by department or supplier would be helpful as well.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I liked the way it worked!

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

We were looking to improve our checkout time and the inventory reporting details. We love being able to add on a register whenever we need to as well.

Shane from The Red Shed

Easy, fast and user friendly

Pros

It’s been everything for our business. Easy to use. We create new food products often. It’s so easy to add, nice adjust in just a few clicks. Streamlined and easy for our staff to use. It looks great.

Cons

Probably the inventory is our least favourite. We still like it but the spread sheets and reports haven’t been the most user friendly. I still play around with it. Also not being able to track the modifiers. We would like to correct payment type without having to refund then entering again. Sometime we are so busy, we accidentally hit other when it’s cash and viseversa. It would be nice to just correct.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Over all look and the sales folks made it easy. Thank you shopkeep.

Anthony from Haze vapor lounge

Industry: Tobacco

A great product for business

Overall, we enjoy using Shopkeep

Pros

The ease of using the software. Very simple to train on and very self explanatory

Cons

Glitches of logging the user out randomly

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Better pricing and product reviews

Didn’t like the layout

Shawn Marie from msmariesboutique DBA Lillians of anoka

Shopkeep review

We like the 24 hour help desk and online chat.

Pros

We like the easy set up and operation for new employees coming in.

Cons

We have not found anything about this software.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

It was not user friendly on sales tax options and other

Jennifer from Fernwood Road Cafe

Great POS Software

With an expanding array of products and optional modifiers, we required something more advanced than our traditional cash register. The product was easy set up and super easy to teach our staff to use(many of whom are at total ease with technology). Having the order printer also took care of issues with difficulties in reading the handwriting of our staff and made the look of our order tickets uniform. The customer service that I received when needed has been outstanding, with some of the issues resolved either immediately or within a few days. That said, this product is not particularly friendly to Canadian vendors as it dos not comply with certain requirements relating to sales tax, exchange rates make it much more expensive than other comparable products now on the market and it does not have card processing outside of the US. Overall, it is a good product, easy to use and easy to customize.

Pros

Easy to customize and arrange POS screens, easy to teach staff to use, good selection of reports and stats available.

Cons

Not easy to perform changes that affect many items at once, still no breakout of taxes as required by Canadian law (must show split between provincial and federal taxes) despite repeated requests over the years, full functionality is not available in Canada, expensive when factoring in the exchange rate.

Melissa from The Loblolly Boutique

ShopKeep Review

Everything is good except no reaponse on programming concerns like inventory.

Pros

Ease of use , cost friendliness, integration with my payment processor

Cons

INVENTORY!!!! It should not be as compli Ted as it is to receive product also no way to perform inventory.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Flexibility and what seems to be soundness.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Easy flexiablity and ability to add workstations

Eugene from Gallery Café

Credit card readers

Need better credit card processing. Like square

Pros

It’s fairly easy to use and update on the back end. Keeping track of sales and the the pocket app is a useful feature

Cons

The credit card processors have costed us a substantial amount of business. From customers walking out to getting looks for having to type in every bit of credit card detail just to buy a cup of coffee. We wanted to be able to take Apple Pay, but we didn’t know the credit card processors comparable with Shopkeep would cut out as frequently as they do.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I didn’t not choose. Shopkeep was at the establishment when I arrived and for ease of transition I continued with it.

Judith from Needle Down Fabrics

Industry: Textiles

Shopkeep Review

Huge time savings for me regarding tracking inventory. Plus my data is much more accurate.

Pros

Love- Inventory tracking system Ease of using the POS Ease of obtaining reports

Cons

The system relies to heavily on making bulk changes using spread sheets. While this is great when loading bulk items, it is great when you just need to change counts that only effect 20 items out of 2000. Also, my business involves fractions of a whole unit being sold and I often have to go into item to obtain the cost of the good and then go into adjust to change the amount on hand if I'm only reducing by a fraction

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

At this point Square doesn't not allow for a fraction of a whole unit to be tracked and sold.

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

I needed a system that included to inventory management and POS

Estone from Quick Stop

Buyer beware

This is not a review to slam the shopkeep pos itself, however, beware their sales reps will tell you ANYTHING and yes LIE to you to buy their system. I know of many people who use shopkeep and were extremely satisfied. I'm very familiar with pos systems so I had shopkeep at the front of the pack when searching for my store's needs. After extensive research I learned shopkeeps card terminal DOES NOT force debit card pin customers to enter their PIN number because it charges everything as credit. Therefore if a customer has a stolen emv debit card and uses it in your store/business, YOU THE MERCHANT, are responsible for the transaction and it WILL BE a chargeback to you. Understand, shopkeeps pos is emv compliant, that's not my concern, there's DIFFERENT LEVELS OF COMPLIANCE, and an emv card terminal which processes emv and pin cards and forces customers to enter their PIN number, known as emv and pin terminals are THE MOST COMPLIANT and the merchant will never have to worry about a chargeback with this type terminal. AND THAT IS WHERE SHOPKEEPS FAILS AND all their LIEING teenage sales reps especially Peter will tell you , you're covered and you're not. They LIE so much they even sent me an article describing how I'll be protected against counterfeit cards, WHERE THAT WASNT MY CONCERN, MY CONCERN WAS LOST/STOLEN CARDS. They will lie and switch things around and if you don't know what you need or are not educated in pos systems you'll be taken and they don't care. And for that experience I believe other comments posted here about their horrible/lied to experiences as well. Needless to say I went with someone else. Buyer beware.

Pros

I know people that have shopkeep and have no problems.

Cons

Their sales reps are liars and will lie for a sale. That's unethical, if they'll do that it makes me wonder about the entire business and could I trust them to support me later or even refund me my money as they claim they'll do within 30days.

jonathan from Grappa Fine Wines

New Multi station User Issues

I'm 50/50 - so far I really want to like the software for ease of use and online inventory but customer service and not being able to use all features advertised has been VERY frustrating.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of implementation, live online inventory, customer loyalty program. It seems like it should be an all in one solution.

Cons

I seem to be missing half the features. For instance - I've asked to set up customer loyalty. I received the email. Filled it out. Now supposedly it's active but there's nothing in the back office to manage it. In addition, I asked why I didn't have the ability to invoice customers and was told I'd need to go to the beta version. I applied to get the beta version and that hasn't been set up either. THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO GET TO ANYONE WHO CAN ASSIST WITH THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Yesterday I called and was told my the machine it would be a 20 minute wait. This morning, it's a 10 minute wait. I tried the online support and that was a 15 minute wait and then I got cut off.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

My neighbor has it and is very happy with its stability, ease of use and functionality

Reasons for Switching to ShopKeep

Quickbooks has failed to keep up with the times. It is a glorified cash register and inventory tracker but customer loyalty, tracking, online inventory are way behind

Jenna from Lust AndLore Tattoo Co.

Excellent Customer Service

I love that anytime I have questions or there are issues customer service is ALWAYS available and EXTREMELY helpful. Shopkeep has streamlined my book keeping over the years and saved me innumerable hours of work. It's also been incredibly easy to train people on the iPad.

Pros

I love the ease of training new people on this software. I also love the customer service.

Cons

There are a few areas in back of house I would change. For example when I print weekly reports for each tattoo artist there is no way to get the item as well as the tip for each individual artist on one report. I also would love it if you could look up an item in back of house and see the dates on which it sold. For example if I sell a ring, I have to manually look for the sale date of that ring by typing in the item name and a specific time frame. It would also be great if you didn't have to use third party software to integrate with QuickBooks online. It's just an additional hassel and expense.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

It seemed to have the best reviews, best value for the money, and at the time it seemed like it would work best for my business model.