• Pros

• "The ability to enter information that can be used in RFP's and presentations that will be consistent and precise and in efficient manner to a team of people nationwide."

• "Easy to use, install, and train employees on. "

• "Everything; it is Word-driven and easy to use."

• Cons

• "To my experience bid management somtimes require use of documents that are not in Word. Such documents are to be handled manually and outside Expedience. "

• "No real data analytics available compared to cloud based tools, but we were well aware of this when we selected Expedience."

• "Having to take the portfolio offline to make updates. "

Browse Expedience Proposal Software Reviews

Jason from Ultimate Software

Indispensable tool for our organization's proposal responses process

Pros

process & ensure accurate and current content. The activation and deployment project was well-managed by their staff, and the ongoing support is impeccable. Documentation is easy-to-understand and well-thought out. Updates and new features are added regularly, and new features are added based on customer feedback. I feel that my voice matters in the development process of new versions. The adoption rate of my staff has been amazing. As an organization that responds to over 450 RFPs and RFIs per year in our division alone, this solution has returned lost time to my team to respond to focus on creating new content and refreshing existing content proactively. Expedience's automation tools are outstanding, and we're implementing the Expedience Automation tool to create additional efficiencies and new proposal documents and templates for our sales team. With the automation tools, we will be able to produce customized, professional proposals and detailed, impressive product documents at a moment's notice without compromising quality.

Cons

I wish that it was native to MS Office on all platforms including MS Office for MacOS and iOS. Currently it works with Office for Windows; however, with the assistance of Parallels for Mac, my team successfully uses this with a Windows environment on our MacBook Pros. I knew this when we purchased this solution, and I would choose still choose Expedience over the other options we viewed.

Jamie from Uniti Fiber

Game changer for our proposal operations

The software itself is great, but the true stars of the show are the Expedience team--they are experienced proposal writers and Microsoft Word experts who understand the RFP response process. My support team is always looking for ways to improve the user and administrator experience, and they just love sharing pro tips and tricks. They have been amazing to work with, I always get a quick response when I have a question, and they always leave me better off than before I asked! The true value in the product is their expertise and flexibility. They're so invested in improving the user experience that it's like having a team of developers customize a solution for our company--the value is incredible, and the possibilities and features are limitless.

Pros

There is a "placeholder form" that allows the user to update fields throughout the document with content customized to the customer/bid. No more find/replace and accidentally leaving the wrong customer name or customer information in our proposals! Plus, having all the variable content in one form saves a ton of time for us--some of our proposals take fewer than five minutes to prepare because we open a template, update the placeholder form, and it's ready to go! The other feature that I rely on heavily is the content portfolio. It's great to be able to have all of the proposal content seemingly living in the open document. No more opening up three different proposals because, "...I know that I answered a question like this in the proposal I did for Customer X...or was it Customer Y...?" As long as the content has been added to the portfolio, it's easy to either navigate via drop downs or use the search feature to drop it in. And finally, styles and number lock. My company ends up working with a lot of proposals that have to be converted from PDFs to Word Documents. The custom styles in our style palette streamline the clean-up process and keep proposals branded and professional. I use the number lock feature all the time--it allows the user to freeze the numbering in the original proposal text so we don't inadvertently have auto-numbering/outlining make cascading changes throughout the document.

Cons

The reason I gave four stars and not five for Ease of Use is that my users with weak Word skills do not take full advantage of the software's features. The users do fine if they are given a branded template that requires almost no additional content insertion, but they struggle with using the Style Palette ribbon. This isn't the fault of the software--it's definitely easy to use if you routinely use Word--but it's worth factoring in the need for additional Word training on styles and formatting, depending on your user group. The reason I would only recommend it in nine out of ten cases is that Mac users have to emulate Windows machines to use Expedience. We don't have too many Mac people, and the people who won't give up their MacOS are used to having to change over, so it isn't a huge issue for us, but if the software could be used in the Mac version of Word, I'd recommend it to any one who asked!

Espen from Kredinor

3 months experience- very good so far!

Pros

The fact that the user interface is entirely in Word makes it very intuitive and easy to use. The Expedience team that is in charge for the implementation is also highly recommended. We get full attention to our work and valuable and appreciated input from the Expedience-team.

Allyson from Legacy

Integrated Directly into Microsoft Word, Simple, Intuitive, Convenient, Excellent Customer Service

Easy to train new users, seamless workflow process thanks to Word integration.

Pros

Integration with Microsoft Word - The software simply installs a ribbon at the top of Microsoft Word, so you don't need to switch between windows or programs and use is very intuitive for those who already know how to use Word. Excellent Support - Our questions are always answered in a timely and thorough way. Everyone on their team is extremely knowledgeable and goes to great lengths to research and look into problems BEFORE the call/meeting; they come already prepared with solutions. If they need to do anything to fix your ribbons, the turnaround time to get them back is great. Their team is always looking for ways to improve their product and come up with new tools that make things even easier and more effective. They are great at actually listening to their clients, making them feel valued, and taking their feedback into consideration when further developing the product. Flexibility - Because of how the software is designed, there is great flexibility for you to decide how you want your content to look and function. Style Palette - Love that the formatting/style components are integrated directly into Word. It makes it very easy to create a corporate style with approved fonts, colors, etc. This also makes it easy to apply the styles to any document you are working on that does not have it already. And it is extremely easy to change your corporate styling in the future... Just update the style palette and the new fonts, colors, etc. are automatically applied.

Cons

Organizations considering Expedience should note that it takes quite a bit of planning and careful thought during the implementation process to decide how you would like to organize and categorize your content, how placeholders should work, etc. I personally think this is a pro and not a con because I love having this level of flexibility and control over these aspects, but it does require that you have a member of your staff that can dedicate themselves to the task and think carefully about how to lay a solid foundation before moving forward with implementation. I think modification of the Style Palette by users could be made easier and more intuitive. I have heard that they are about to release an update that improves this, though, so this should soon not be an issue at all!

David from Schroder Adveq Management AG

Simple but powerful

Expedience helped us a lot. It helps streamline our RFP process, ultimately making the process more efficient and scalable. It also helped us to think about how we want to structure our information and what would work best for us. What we also found useful, was how easy it was to share the information with other colleagues within the firm. And as Expedience is supported directly in Word, there was no new software to install and everyone could be up and running on it relatively quickly and painlessly.

Pros

it is directly installed in Word, there are no additional software needed. As such, the learning curve is not that extreme, as you are using Word. Support - the team at Expedience are the embodiment of excellent client service, they really do go above and beyond to ensure that all your needs at met. I cannot praise them highly enough. Style Palette - I really loved this element of the Expedience software. Styles get so little said about them, however, Style Palette makes the formatting of a document so much easier and saves you so much time in the process.

Cons

I have found no cons so to speak. The software is intuitive to use, is integrated into a piece of software that we are all familiar with and the support is excellent. If there was one con, and to me this was not a con, it may be that the software is not as "powerful" as some clients would like. However, in our assessment of RFP software, we found that some of the software out there is too feature rich, too powerful if you want and you end up paying for features that you do not use. As it is, Expedience is powerful enough for the majority of users.

Crawford from Revere Control Systems

Industry: Industrial Automation

We've been extremely pleased with Expedience to this point; powerful, simple, and extremely useful

Pros

We recently completed the implementation phase of the software, and are beginning to use it fully. We work in various fields and with various types of customers, so the flexibility that Expedience provides is extremely valuable for us. With the number of proposals we push, we can trust Expedience to ensure that our proposals consistent and high quality. The implementation team at Expedience has been beyond helpful, and has made what could have been an extremely painful process pretty smooth and methodical. Also, they just released a major update to the software, so they aren't resting on their already well-developed software laurels, but working to continually innovate.

Cons

There are very few cons that come to mind. One is that the software, while extremely intuitive once you understand it, can take a bit of time to learn, as it deals with a level of Microsoft Word customisabilty most people never get into. The team does great training, but it can be a lot to wrap your mind around at first. The only other con isn't actually an Expedience con so much as a Word limitation, but not being able to insert store and insert PDFs directly into the document is the biggest issue we've run across. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if Word allowed Expedience to do that.

Zaki from COS

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great solution

Extremely positive. Whilst the tool has been fantastic, i must say that the tool is only as good as how you implement it & customise it to meet your needs. This is where the Expedience team really stand out compared to many vendors I have worked with before. We were supported by fantastic subject matter experts ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) who were willing to go over & beyond to help us achieve the right level of customisation by carefully listening to our needs & challenges & working with us to move forward.

Pros

integration with MS word makes it extremely user friendly, and a perfect fit for our needs given that most of our tender responses are in MS word on customer RFQ & RFT templates. I love the flexibility and simplicity of the tool where we can make changes quite easily & roll them across the user group. We achieved a 30-40% efficiency gain upon rolling out Expedience among our bid managers, which is translating back to more quality bids due to more time spent on bid strategy.

Cons

Shannon from Voltage Power Ltd.

Industry: Utilities

Love the software and the team!

I use it for RFP Responses, EOI Statements, Plans, and the Style Pallet for helping with our branding.

Pros

Easy to use, install, and train employees on.

Cons

It is more of a Microsoft issue and that is being able to use it on Mac's.

Reasons for Choosing Expedience Proposal Software

I reviewed approximately 10 software options with my team and everyone loved Expedience from the very beginning due to how simple it was to use. I have team members with all levels of technical skills and Expedience was the easiest to roll out to them and train. Also, we love the interaction with the Expedience Team.

Fern from Lexicon Relocation

Wow! You are going to love this software.

We LOVE Expedience. Our goal in selecting a new proposal database system was easy to use, easy to update, and easy to manage. Expedience met every goal beautifully. We already had templates in place with established styles for our project responses, so the Expedience concept mirrored ours completely. Even when our project deliverables are online or in an excel spreadsheet, we create the draft in Word for easy editing and to track changes with our sales team's collaboration. We are thrilled that the Expedience program is Word-driven and fully integrated and readily available in our drafts. The process is so easy we are still in awe after using it for almost a year! The implementation and continued support from the Expedience Team was and is amazing. Transitioning to the new system and using is as easy as saving the file to your computer and opening the document in Word. Bamm! It's just there, and it works like electricity, I don't care how it works; I'm just happy and amazed when I turn on the light switch there's light, and that's exactly how I feel about Expedience! Expedience is always quick to respond to any question or email, and they make you feel like a valued member or their team. We have shaved off at least 20% of the time it took for projects no longer having to open the database and go through the tedious search and then copy and paste the answer where needed. The ease in updating the database answers is amazing. It used to take me hours to keep the database updated; now it's a seamless process that happens while creating a draft! I am now confident that the answer provided is the greatest and latest creating a more dependable consistent response! We take pride in our final product and Expedience helps us in creating the highest quality responses possible.

Pros

Everything; it is Word-driven and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about this software.

Sara from QBT

Bid Writing Has Never Been So Easy!

Pros

Expedience is extremely user-friendly and a huge plus is that it sits directly in MS Word, meaning no strenuous training is required to learn the tool. Having all of our content in one place in an easy-to-view layout makes us save so much time!

Cons

Having to take the portfolio offline to make updates.

Michelle from Lexicon Relocation

Great RFP tool for small teams

Pros

The Expedience RFP tool is very well designed and focused on making the RFP writer's job easier. There are many unique features to help overcome common challenges writers find when using Word and Excel to respond to RFPs. The best feature, among many, is the ability to push out entire libraries for review, comments and updates. Additionally, the implementation team was one of the best teams I've worked with and so eager to make sure we were set up for a successful roll out. Kudos to have a great staff!

Cons

The only thing we did not like about the software was the way you have to manage portfolio updates. We had challenges with how to ensure our teams were updating the ribbon files and ensure info was up to date at all times. I recommend finding a way to automate this process in new versions.

September 2016

Alice from Clear Ballot Group, Inc.

September 2016

Expedience lives up to its name

We researched 8 major RFP software products before choosing Expedience. We needed a product that would allow us to find and paste completely formatted answers in to Word documents, and to format new content from SMEs quickly according to our company style. Expedience does these things easily, and it's fun to use. We were excited to get going with it, and it is now a critical tool for us. We love the big pink eraser that lets us wipe away other formatting so we can plonk on our own, and the "lock numbering" feature that keeps Word numbering from going haywire when new content is inserted. It's easy to add content as we develop it and the process of organizing our content for the ribbon helped us to see it differently and refine it further. In researching the product, we interviewed references and random meeting attendees. One noteworthy comment came from a writer who had spent vast amounts of time entering library materials in to one of the largest competitor RFP database products and then found extracting the answers almost impossible. Their company's time and money had been wasted. In contrast, the great thing about Expedience is that our efforts in putting material in to the product have paid off, and we can find and paste material in to new responses easily. The Expedience company has been responsive, supportive and fun to work with as well, making the overall experience a pleasure.

February 2015

Brent from Keeley Asset Management

February 2015

Very pleased with Expedience Software solutions

As a boutique firm with limited resources, we were interested in finding a simple, Word-based RFP solution to not only house our responses, but also incorporate `on-the-spot changes as feedback was received. We also wanted a system that could generate a comprehensive report for semi-annual compliance review. The team at Expedience was very responsive and readily available to help us build out the database according to our needs, and having used it now for several months, it is a fun, easy-to-use tool for preparing RFPs and questionnaires. Rather than digging through old RFPs and searching for appropriate answers, we now have a comprehensive database that is easy to maintain. We are also much more efficient in generating consistent messaging. Prior to Expedience, we were using a cloud-based tool that required a lot of ongoing maintenance and was extremely inefficient. Expedience definitely puts the client first.

Response from Expedience Software

Replied March 2015

Thank you Brent! It has been a pleasure working with this wonderful team at Keeley Asset Management and seeing the successes realized through your implementation of the Expedience solution.

John from First Data

September 2016

Value for money, without comprising quality

As a diverse team spread across a number of countries and offices, we needed a solution that was no only easy to use, but easy to manage. Coming from one of the market leaders, we have found expedience has changed our experience of content management. So far the product seems flexible and intuitive, the most impressive thing is the speed and consistency compared to our previous solution. its early days for us, but the signs are good. We are already seeing improvements across the board. The company seems forward thinking and have already started talking about improvements and a healthy product roadmap.

Pros

Its so simple to use.

Cons

I've not found any so far, except user related ones. I would love similar functionality available in PowerPoint to store a bank of images.

Holly from Keefe Group

Easy to Use, Very little training needed and will help save a lot of time!

Pros

Cons

I would like for the styles to be easier to work with. Sometimes the styles, page breaks and settings are a bit confusing to someone that may not be proficient in formatting.

October 2015

Barbara from Teladoc

October 2015

So fun to use!

I love this product. It reminds me of the old Pragmatech products that were so popular. By far easier to use than the big cloud-based products. I like that they are in Word so you don't have to log into anything to access so I can work anywhere without an Internet connection. I like that you can have multiple smaller collections of content. That makes it much easier to share our content with other departments (like account management and IT) that also get questions from clients. More people outside of the RFP team use it because it is actually fun to use. I especially like the automation features that let you make blueprints to automatically generate updates for documents like FAQs and admin manuals. The software evolves very quickly as the company is very fast to respond to requests for new features.