(3,400)

3,400

• Pros

• "This app is extremely awesome It’s like a pos system for schedules and I love it "

• "I love that it’s customizable to my business needs and appearance and that it’s so easy to use!"

• "Easy integration, easy to work with, well spoken, very helpful to my business and its not expensive which i love it."

• Cons

• "The only thing that I don’t like is the price due to having my own business it can get very costly, but nothing is free in this world so I’m still willing to pay for a membership"

• "The only drawback is the user interface. I find it a bit clunky in the initial set up of schedules. Once that's done, however, it works flawlessly."

• "The time block option is somewhat confusing to use. It took a little bit of searching to figure it out. However, I sorted it out and I still feel that this is an awesome product! "

Browse Acuity Scheduling Reviews

Stavros from Pronto Wedding, L.L.C.

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial. The number 2 feature that I believe is underrated and is very important in many industries is the fact that appointment add-on's such as a time extension or a same-day rehearsal, Acuity was one of the only that took that specific booking and reflected that overall appointment time into my future availability. Not all applications factor in "add-on's" into the future appointment availability which can cause problems in servicing other clients who now have an opportunity to schedule the service even though you the provider might not be available. Another great feature is that Guests who pay for the service in full have the ability to give you a tip. (which is a rare feature among. these appointment application solutions.)

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I chose Acuity because of the simple, user-friendly platform that the application is built on. It provided significant features that the competitors simply lacked. Acuity allows you to customize its platform without the application overtaking your website as Vcita does. Acuity gave someone like my business at Weddings a much more meaningful experience rather than some of the competitors. In my industry, my clients are not really going to be future clients so the features that some of the platforms advertise excessively simply do not affect me. With that said, if anyone is on the line of whether Acuity would fit their needs- do not think twice. Acuity is a thoroughbred in this appointment scheduling application platform.

Kevin from DFW Hair Studio

Hippa Compliant Incredible Booking System

It’s been wonderful! Fast, easy and happy to help at whatever the level you need assistant.

Pros

While I didn’t have a need for the Hippa compliance feature, everything else was such a time and headache saver. I’m an independent hair stylist so I found the mobile to be invaluable because I didn’t have a receptionist. My clients had minimal “clicks” to schedule an appointment online. One invaluable feature I have yet to see with any other booking system is the ability to create new client forms. You would easily create a form with sections / questions that are important to you. You can choose them to be optional or mandatory in order for the new client to self schedule their first appointment. For me I required the new client to include a photo of their current hair and their inspiration hair. This was a game changer and helped with preparation and answers to many questions. Tons of other options too!

Cons

Realistically, I have found that it could be helpful to have the ability for another co-workers to schedule an appointment on my behalf without having to upgrade to the next package.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The incredible and through features I could 100% tailor to my needs!

Mike from Oceangold Limited

Unsuitable if certainty and speed are required

The interface is not suitable for use in a fast-paced customer-facing environment, where certainty and speed are required. We are switching to an alternative appointment scheduling provider.

Pros

The ability to set different hours for certain appointment types via calendar service groups. This enables a high degree of customization of the calendar settings for each staff member and appointment type, which I have not seen in other SAAS appointment scheduling offerings. Merging duplicated clients is a breeze and simply requires the misspelled record to be corrected.

Cons

Calendar views are poorly formatted, difficult to navigate and inconsistent across platforms. Our default view is weekly, which frequently displays only 6 days and skips a week when navigating to the following week. Calendars do not consistently align in columns in the daily view, resulting in confusion when determining a therapist's availability. Booking errors are common, which projects unprofessionalism and results in a tedious in-store experience for the customer. The apps are bug-ridden with very poorly designed views that are unusable. The ipad app frequently displays no customers and requires the user to log out and back in to function. Little or no user acceptance testing has be done here

The number of reviews

Antoinette from The Braid Box & Co.

Free Trial Review

Using Acuity was so beneficial for me and my upcoming business. It was simple and easy for me to use as well as my clients. It helped me to be more organized and saved so much time on both ends when it came to scheduling. I work with my hands so communicating throughout the day is not something that's always possible. Not to mention I was able to customize my own link that potential clients could click that would take them right to my scheduling page. Honestly that was the best part because I could put that link anywhere!

Pros

What I liked most about Acuity was the ability to customize almost every aspect of it. I'm in the beauty field and for me, the details are super important. I'm also a simple girl as well. I was able to make my setup simple and easy to use, but also with some pizzazz (if you know what I mean). Adding pictures, using different colors and different fonts really allowed me to customize my scheduling page exactly how I wanted.

Cons

What I liked least about Acuity honestly was the calendar display on my mobile device. It only showed appointments by the day and not a glance into the entire week or month, which is vital for me. I'm not quite sure if i just never figured out how to change it or it's just not a feature.

Kate from Kate Bosch Professional Organizing

I adore Acuity!

Acuity is a dream to use. When I first started using it, I tried Appointy because it was free, but you get what you pay for. Acuity was much easier to use in terms of seeing my schedule, blocking time, and setting regular appointment hours. The pricing is very affordable, so it's well worth it.

Pros

I love that Acuity is really simple to use and that the layout is easy to read. I can see my schedules, block time, set different types of appointments, and even track when clients purchase packages of appointments.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Acuity is that I cannot save clients' addresses to their profiles and set that address as the appointment location. I travel to my clients' homes, so this is essential for me. I end up having to use an Intake Form workaround, which is a pain in the neck.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Appointy was ugly and difficult to use. Acuity had (nearly) all the features I needed and is very intuitive.

Natasha from The Barefoot Goddess

Slick and user friendly

Overall, I have found using Acuity to be smooth and intuitive. Everything is simple to find and integrate, saving me time and stress.

Pros

I love the ease of which I can create a variety of services and organise them into private/public, colour coding and categories etc. I especially love the look and how easy it is to see which appointments are integrations from my personal calendar and which are my businesses scheduled appointments.

Cons

I do find it in the higher price range compared to other scheduling tools.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Square didn't allow my clients in different time zones to see options outside of my country. This is important to me having international clients.

Kristina from Konstant and New

Amazing organizational and scheduling tool

I was having issues trying to find an online scheduling software that allowed me to play with it until I got used to it. After trying multiple and all of them missing simple and key features (such as more than one appointment type) I had a friend recommdn Acuity Scheduling and I was excited from the start! I am only waiting until I have more clients coming in to use the software and will be transferring over to paid plans immediately!

Pros

I love how easy it was to create everything I needed. Although I am only using the free version, for now, it has almost everything that I want in it and it has been amazing playing around with it. I am also able to use the software to test some of my appointments and it's so easy to edit every appointment type and intake form!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this. I have no experience with the paid plans or customer service yet, but from what I've heard from the person who recommended it, there is nothing to complain there either and the prices seem more than reasonable to me for what is advertised.

tanesha from Lifestyle Changes LLC

Lifesaver

Pros

This platform offers the support for this new initiative along with providing additional areas of opportunity for future endeavors. I’m now able to seamlessly track class packages, Students can now see how many spots are remaining for each class, Confirmation emails for all purchases, my students can Reserve classes at their leisure and remaining balance from package stays on account. Gift certificates available for purchase. My students can save login information, so information doesn’t have to be reentered during each class registration and also the Ability to register for multiple classes at once. This program has been a timesaver and has allow me too practice great efficiency.

Cons

No cons at all! Wish there was a waitlist option after group capacities have been reached

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

This is the only program that satisfied all of my business needs

Sarah from Swanky Tattoos

Industry: Fine Art

This is honestly the best

Ive used some other scheduling apps before and they were very expensive and not as organized as acuity is - I loves how simple yet veryyyy organized and neat Acuity is- This app literallyyy does it all for you !

Pros

I lovvveee how you can set up multiple appointments... How you can send out reminders, confirmations and even an email weeks later to see how the appointment went for your client

Cons

I wish the calendar would show a whole week at a time instead of a day at a time (You can look at the whole month if you wanted to though)

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

It was wayyy cheaper, organized, neat, Fit my company layout sooooo well , Covers everything that ive been needing to fully satisfy my clients for booking appointments

Jasmine from JassieHeartsHair

Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to use- Straight to the point

My clients love how quick and easy things are set out to be. I love how they can receive confirmations quick and easy, I am still learning the software but I have been enjoying every bit of it so far.

Pros

The most helpful thing was how straight to the point the software is. The little comedy quotes are corny yet I love them, and so much is offered if you just read the fine prints.

Cons

I haven’t experienced anything I didn’t like yet.

Jeff from Rock Solid Dogs

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Too much of my time spent trying to manage appointments

While many things can be done with the software they provide, it's not too often done easily or intuitively. Need help? Their expectation is that you hire a freelancer to figure out the work-around. I found it to be too much of a "time suck" for the price. I need something that works, works like my business works, and that can be used efficiently.

Pros

The software met my initial needs well and if you have a simple organization or your business model is completely in line with the way the developers think you should run your business, then this will be a good fit for you. The reminders by email and text have been extremely reliable and effective at keeping no-shows to a minimum. The admin interface is easy to read at the start of the day and some of the functionalities on the calendar admin page are very convenient.

Cons

Being able to figure out where to find settings on the admin side can often become an elaborate project. Coupons need to be managed in two different places, figuring out where to set your business hours can be a hunting trip through the menus, getting a new client "on board" with their own account to edit or cancel their own appointments has been a laborious task that is not at all intuitive. I came very close to losing clients over their frustration in trying to figure out the startup process. One of the weakest points in this software is the fact that there is no "customer facing" help. The only online help from Acuity is available to the Admin, and written for the Admin. If any help is to be presented to my customers, it's my job to write it. Sorry - writing a help system for 3rd party software that I pay to use is not what I consider a good use of my time. The reason I'm leaving Acuity after years of trying to make this software perform as I need is the fact that "Help is just days away!" That's right, no live help. Email only and if someone comes to me with a question I can not answer or a problem that I can't figure out how to resolve on a Friday afternoon ... it's still going to be a problem through the weekend - likely until Tuesday. Email only. No chat, no phone.

john from John Price Photography

Not often I can give a 5 Star review

To be honest I was just expecting another calendar booking system. I say another because there are hundreds if not thousands and I have used quite a lot including some custom made ones written for me. The problem with many booking systems is they all seem to be specific for certain markets such as room bookings systems and it will have an ugly interface for the customer or ceratin features will be missing. With Acuity Scheduling I was pleasently suprised, First of all the customer screen looks professional and not over busy and confusing. Customer simply selects the product, Date and time slot. Once they are happy they make the booking and you can even request payment there and then. Awsome.. You can setup discounts, coupons and voucher codes, Allow customers to cancel, reschedule the appointments leaving you to do what you do best and not worry about any admin. For me as a photographer, I finaly found something that works for me, is fast, looks good and offers so many custom options.

Pros

Integration with other apps and to your own existing website Synchronization with the Facebook calendar and google etc. Very feature-rich and easy to customize. being able to set time aside before and or after bookings allow me to prepare for my next session. Everything is self-serviceable for the client, from selecting the product, finding a date and time slot and making payment.

Cons

OK... So I am going to be very picky here, Very very picky. When creating an event or editing an event or making any type of change you have to find the save button, often right at the bottom of the page, now that may not be a problem for some, but often it is easily missed and you may think the change has been auto saved when it fact it has not and you may have just lost everything. An autosave feature upon any change is any part of a form is filled in would be awsome. When creating an event and setting the duration of the event, you have to input how many minutes it is. Why not enable selecting hours and minutes? I do not want to work out how many minutes a 5 1/2 hr session is going to take. Likewise, what if a session takes up the whole day? just give me the option to choose the whole day.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The features I need all come in the Emerging package which is perfect for me. Other competiors was more expensive, did not have the full feature set as Acuity and did not look as good.

Kate from Kate waters Massage & Energy Healings

WOW Acuity Scheduling increased My bookings By 80% in-the first week

Pros

I really love that myself and the client get an email to confirm the booking instantly, I love the color coding of my treatments in a glace, I know who has booked a massage and the length of time or if it's an energy healing or reflexology & my clients say its really easy to use. Squarespace has been quite fast in getting back to me with any problems or queries and mostly provide a video on how to address any problems with step by step instructions which is super helpful by last website provider would take over a week to get back to me and want to charge me each time even when it was their mistake so Squarespace/ Scheduling service makes me extremely happy I feel they are supporting me in my business and understand the urgency of having a to fix any problems. Great work Squarespace /Scheduling I appreciate the service you provide and am thrilled with my choice to use your platform and booking system.

Cons

I have only been using this for 6 days so the things I would add or change may already be a possibility and I just haven't had the time to work it out as yet Firstly, the block time off is a bit too slow I just want to click block and then the space of time on the day I wish to block and it's done, it's really slow to have to click block and manually fill it out in the side panel other booking systems aloud the way I wish it to be and it was much more proficient. on three occasions this week clients have been able to usefully book a time that was already booked by another client and I have had to call and apologize and try to reschedule the last client that booked which is quite embarrassing and the clients don't understand how it's possible. also, I haven't worked out how my clients can book or chose from my two clinic locations I wonder if that's possible?

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I really wanted a scheduling system that allowed clients to pay and claim there heath care benefits all in one or had Hicaps attached but couldn't find a system I liked so once I took that out I was looking at Acuity as I used it before but when I realized Squarespace had it it was a no brainer. what I didn't like as these systems had you sign up on a platform that you had to pay for that allowed the clients to search for practitioners in their area that offered services so you were there with all your competition and the practices that paid more were giving higher ranking positions, too expensive and not real for clients I prefer my reviews from my site to attract clients or most clients find me on google business and that's free

MEGAN from Megan Murray Hair Studio

salon user

I have been toying around with Acuity during this pandemic. I've always used a free booking system that was easy to use but didn't have that many features. I saw another stylist's website with Acuity for her online booking and I fell in love with how it looked and operated. I'm still getting used to it and it is now time to start rebooking. I guess this week will be the main test for how I feel about it! I'm excited though.

Pros

I love that I'm able to customize the colors to match my branding. I love the simplicity of adding on extras to appointments and having the client intake form right there for clients to fill out. The cluster booking was huge for me too. I have always been scared to dive into online booking because I didn't want huge holes in my schedule. I'm a bit of a control freak so it makes me very happy. I also love how I'm able to integrate the branded booking platform directly on my website. It just looks so much nicer than other systems!

Cons

I wish there was an option to approve appointments and an option to only allow booking at certain times of day. I would also like to revamp the mobile app or at least an option to zoom out to see the week without having to turn my phone landscape. I know this may sound silly, but I like to keep my phone screen locked on parallel.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I chose Acuity because of the branding aspect, cluster booking and intake forms. I am obsessed with everything looking the same so being able to use my color palette makes me very happy. I also really love how the booking system goes directly on my website. It helps drive traffic there which in return boosts me on google.

Mylah from Glam by Mylah

My’Lah’s Acuity Review

I haven’t had a bad overall experience with Acuity Scheduling. The app is very handy, it is efficient, it is customizable and made by me for me, and it is very confident for my clients.

Pros

Acuity Scheduling is a great app! It is very convenient and has everything I need to make booking less complicated for my clients and easy for me to keep up with clients, dates, and prices. My favorite part of the app is that it gives me the space to customize my booking information. I can pick my choice of font, background colors, font colors, I can bullet point, and have all types of fun to make my booking app feel like my own and stand out from others. I love that the app sends confirmation emails with EVERYTHING my clients need to know which saves me time from having to send out messages and emails and constantly changing things.

Cons

What I don’t like about the app is that clients are only allowed to book (via Instagram or the link) using a paid plan. I feel that clients should be able to book through all social media platforms using the Acuity link whether the business owner has a paid plan or not, and that some app functions should be limited and only accessed by those who pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

It gave me more freedom and a better space to be me. It offered more services and a better booking space.

Best Software Out There!!

Overall this has helped my business grow and profit and not have to have any office staff.

Pros

I absolutely love this software, it is so easy to use. Customers can schedule any appointment online and I can have it assigned to the technician of my choice automatically depending on the choice. Customers can cancel, and reschedule there appointments all through a link that is sent to them via text and email!! Doesn't get better than that, I don't even have a receptionist anymore.

Cons

I think the user interface and calendar could be a little more, modern. Feels a little old, pre Web 2.0

John from Photogrpahy for Little People by John

Pleasantly surprised

So far i'm quite happy with Acuity Scheduling. Even though there is the annoyance of the menu system, the features & level of customisation available outweigh this.

Pros

So far there's quite a lot to like about Acuity Scheduling. I like that I can have different appointment groups & types which I can customise with photos & text (inc T&C's etc.) as well as customise the calendar settings to only allow bookings at times that are convenient to me. I also like that I can hide certain appointment types so they are only visible to people I share the link with, this is especially useful for one off or promotional sessions. The integration with my external google calendar is also a great feature & something which was lacking from other scheduling tools I've tried. The option to take online payments is also a good feature, and something which i'm sure will really help to streamline my booking process. There are also many options for integrating with external apps such as quick books, facebook, active campaign etc. which i'm yet to fully explore but I'm sure will be useful to me and improve the efficiency of my booking process.

Cons

The only issue I have is that the user interface could be improved. As i'm still fairly new to this software, I find when i click on a link to make changes (for example 'Availability') and it's not actually the menu I want, I have to go all the way back to the home screen to then search through the respective menus to find what I want. This becomes annoying if you go through this process several times to find what you'r after, and it could be improved by either adding drop down menus, or at least leaving the entire navigation menu visible in each section.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

I've been looking at ways to improve & streamline my booking process & started off looking at the free tool within facebook. It didn't take long to become very very annoyed with the facebook tool as it would not properly integrate with my google calendar (so it was essentially pointless). The functionality & ability to customise was also poor. I also looked at other free tools, such as google forms but again they lacked the level of functionality tor really give me any kind of improvement. As the free tools didn't really cut it for me, i started looking elsewhere and compared Acuity with a couple of other paid options (such as office 365). What swung it for me was the level of customisation & available features when compared to others.

Isis from Alberta Electronic Music

Industry: Music

Acuity simplified my life in a BIG way!

I have solved setting up appointments, group class sign ups, managing wait lists, performance sign ups, volunteer sign ups, accurate meeting confirmation emails, collecting data from my customers when they sign up and so much more!

Pros

Once we started using this platform for booking appointments and classes for our music conference, I quickly realized that I could use it for the other music school I worked at as well as for myself for my podcast bookings. The more I use it, the more I realize how much time it has truly saved me from going back and forth emailing people, sending erroneous information out and my favourite part is that the people signing up for things have control of their bookings to change and modify without my help. It's taken so much administrative time off my plate. Honestly, it's been a huge win for a small business owner with a small team. The 1-1 meeting scheduler is by far the best and easiest I've seen.

Cons

The only thing I wish Acuity had, is a group class attendance list that isn't just a file download that I can share with others like my class assistants and interns in real time without sharing a login with them. This feature would make my life even better. But the way it is now, is still functional and totally useful for small businesses. The other feature I wish there was is Payment plans for large program packages.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Wellnessliving does not allow you to collect user information on intake forms which is really silly for a program that robust otherwise. We do use both in one of my businesses because they have different strengths like payment plans.

heather from Holistic healing acupuncture

Industry: Alternative Medicine

NO customer service

Product is great. Customer service is terrible.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to use. My clients have mentioned that they like the ease of the software when scheduling.

Cons

You will never be able to speak to a customer service representative. Ever. They want to you to email and set up an appointment for someone to email you back and discuss your issue via email. It will take forever and when you are a small business owner, very frustrating to not be able to chat with someone and deal with an issue very quickly and get it resolved. Instead, it will take several days and because you just don't have the time to sit at your computer all day, you will just move on and never get your issues dealt with. They say that they do not offer phone support at all. To me, this is very poor customer service. Also, very frustrating when you have been paying the company for over five years and they can't even do you the curtesy of having a human call you. Also, if you have different types of appointments you will be offering. You will not be able to only allow a certain appointment to be scheduled only next to another already scheduled appointment. So this will leave you with big empty windows of times between appointments. If you want to only allow customers to schedule next to already made appointments, you can do that. But that only is a convenience ,if all of your appointments are of the same type and time duration. If you have 30, 60, and 90 minute sessions, this will not be of use to you. It is very frustrating and negatively effects my business every single week. Again, you won't be able to talk to anyone to see address your issue.

Jeannette Scharning from The Inspirational Happiness c/o CERCCL Cinderella AS

I will recommend Acuity Scheduling! Yet, please create a live chat for getting help. Thank you!

I am very new to Acuity Scheduling. And so I have just put it on a very new website. Yet I am convinced this will make customer service much easier, swift and allow me to focus on my work to a larger extent. Thank you for creating Acuity Scheduling.

Pros

I really like Acuity Scheduling. It is accessible to implement and use for everyone. Acuity scheduling is easy to integrate in wordpress. Makes it to upload photos and color code offers. Payments are easily integrated. I am not an IT expert. Yet figured how to get Acuity scheduling to work. And will absolutely recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Cons

Finding help should be easier. I do recommend that you have a direct chat for getting help. I think you should have online chat availability. It is much better flow to be able to get a responce whilst working on the site. I am new to IT [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Have taught myself to create the site, hosting, webregistration, branding. I find that both Bluetooths and Namecheap's customer services - support - are better. If you have a problem someone is there to respond immediately. I do know that it is probably a lot to ask. Yet a chat is preferable. If you cannot keep it open 24/7. Then at least for the hours that you reply to customers. I think you need to get your live chat in place. If someone copies your product and has a live chat option for help, I am afraid you risk loosing a lot of clients. Time is limited. And flow in terms of getting help is key. Also getting the replies to what you actually need is much easier to get when you chat. To wait for a day or two for a reply is really not a good solution. It stops the flow. Good to get flow when working on getting a scheduling system in place. I will still recommend Acuity Scheduling.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity Scheduling seems to work well for how I and collegues will work. It is easy to use and saves a lot of time for the customer and staff. It is also cost effective. I really like that you can reserve spots in the time table so that one can set specific times for specific types of treatment. That is really great since personally I offer many types of treatment.

Claude from Thau, Inc.

First timer's input

See above. I now have more confidence in the enrollment I will do. I generally am the strategic guy, not the implementer. So, as I strategize with people in the future, I should have opportunities to recommend Acuity.

Pros

People can see a broad array of times I am available to meet with them. I've been updating my own Excel spreadsheet which does that but does not allow someone to set a meeting. Calendly requires that the client look at small alternative meeting opportunities; that was not useful for me. It was intuitive enough that I could figure out most things and I was lucky to find answers to other things easily. It was great to be able to give them information to read before our session.

Cons

I sometimes failed to save changes. Your system caught me sometimes, but not others. Not sure why. I did not understand that forms would be listed alphabetically (you might be able to display that info or have a button to learn how to re-order forms). I found the answer quickly on the internet. I did not realize, until I tested the system that multiple forms would be run together. That's OK but I had to go back to change wording that referred to "the other attachment". I'm using this for an insurance enrollment. The schedule was titled with my business name "Thau, Inc." I was unable to find a way to change that. However, later I looked into my profile and discovered that I could change that title there. I asked for a 15-minute gap with 45-minute sessions (in case a meeting runs long); it was not clear that was working and the appointments were allowed only to start at specified times 45 minutes apart, such as 1 pm, then 1:45 pm. I would have been happy for someone to pick 1:15 or 1:30. I'm not sure that can be done. Anyway, to do the gaps I went back and scheduled appointment start times one-hour apart. For a free user, the "view plans and upgrade now" should be in the left vertical menu. I wsas not sure how to get to it, so I picked something I knew I could not do. Even then, it was not a big obvious button.

see above

Maggie from Spark Fitness

Easy to use for business and customers

Acuity is perfect for organising my 1-2-2 personal training sessions. It enables time to be blocked off before and/or after a session as well as multiple calendars which I can use for mobile and studio thereby having different booking settings for each. The reminder emails and text messages mean that customers are much more likely to let me know if they’re not attending and overall prevent any issues with people not turning up for their session. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

Quick and easy to add a booking from the business end as well as customer end. The pricing tiers enable one to choose the best option meaning there’s no paying out for features that aren’t required. I particularly like the fact it sends out a reminder text message to customers which you can customise as you when you want them to receive it. I also like the way I’m able to add the number of rooms available in my facility and it will automatically ensure that these are not overbooked no matter how many coaches I have on the system. For what it offers it is an excellent price.

Cons

I would prefer to use GoCardless as a payment processor and, as this is not an option, I use a different software for payments. The class booking could be better; again, I use a different system for this as I want to be able to add limits on to how far in advance a customer can book into a class and I want the class to show in my iCal regardless of whether someone is booked in or not, which at present it doesn’t.

Katie from Yoga kala

It has exactly what I have been looking for

Acuity has given me so much time back, I'm no longer having to communicate with clients over phone, email, text, web message, Facebook message about classes that have disappeared.

Pros

I've finally found a booking and membership software platform that I can integrate into my website without the added stress of classes disappearing from the schedule or memberships being cancelled without so much as an email from the software provider. I can create group classes, events, private sessions while offering my students the choice of memberships, class passes, gift vouchers as well as discount codes. It's everything I've been looking for. It's a little more complicated to get started but once you get started it's easy.

Cons

It's a little bit complicated, maybe a few too many options but people like customisation so my cons maybe your pros

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

1. Nailed my needs 2. Ability to book group classes, events, courses, privates 3. Membership and class pass packages 4. Value for money 5. Ability to create gift certificates and coupons 6. Reputation and referral

Nancy from No Nonsense Smart Business Solutions

Will not use any other Scheduling software!

I would be lost without this program. It is exactly what a scheduling program should be and not trying to add on things it doesn't NEED.

Pros

I have been using this program for years and it has never failed me. Even when I had an issue it was resolved promptly. It has all the features I need as I have multiple streams of income in my business and it satisfies the scheduling needs for all of them...from coaching to website design strategy sessions and training

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this program although I do wish at times I didn't have to use another 3-party app to integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Price, ease of use and features

Khadejah from HighClass Henna

I'm glad that I switched to Acuity

My overall experience has been great so far. No major complaints.

Pros

I love the features it offers. I love the fact that I'm given a page where I'm able to customize and add important information for my clients to see before booking. I love that it allows me to add coupon codes for my clients to use and let's me have different deposit types for different services. I also love that it has intake forms and offers Instagram and MailChimp integration, and allows me to customize the automatic e-mail confirmation. Its easy to use and makes things run much smoother for myself and clients. I was a die-hard Setmore user, but with all the features I needed and wasn't getting from them, Acuity had them all + more. I'm glad I switched.

Cons

The ONLY 2 issues I have so far is the fact that my clients can't book multiple services at once, I'd need to create add-ons, which makes things a bit harder for me, and the lack of customer support over the phone or live chat.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Book Like A Boss' pricing was confusing and they didn't have a book button with Instagram. I never actually got to try it out because I didn't think I would actually go ahead with purchasing their product due to those missing features.

Jess from Mack House Inc

New Company Needing Reliable Software

So far the experience has been good. There is a lot of functionality and options - users have a lot of control over many details. Some of the scheduling sessions or setting up options (like the Terms and Conditions forms for booking) are not clear - more instructions should be visible on the page - but you can figure it out if you have time for trial and error.

Pros

-The client facing side is much more attractive than other scheduling options -so easy to customize what the clients see, it's very clean and simple -3rd party application integration gives many options for growing your business -the tiered account options, so we can maybe save money in the first few years

Cons

-sessions were a little bit confusing to set up, but it might just be our style of scheduling -Once you set up sessions, when you go to review them is not ideal : We are a company with recurring sessions every day of the week, and the sessions become a long list - other scheduling apps tried allowed the sessions to be viewed in a chart, making it easier to check and adjust -clients being unable to book more than one person easily - I don't think all of them will understand that they need to 'Add A Time' until they have the correct number of time slots chosen

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

It filled the top requirements that our boss wanted. - easy to view calendar - automatic and customizable email confirmation - calendar integration - Instagram button - Square integration - great options for a good price

Rashidat from Self Employed

Checks all my boxes

I’m managing my time for multiple groups of needs and Acuity is allowing me to do that all in one place. I can manage my personal needs, my life coaching needs, and my nonprofit needs all in one place and still keep my hair (because I haven’t pulled it out trying to keep myself afloat). I look forward to continuing to use the software as it has room for me to expand and handle other needs that I foresee in the future. For me, Acuity is a great one stop shop to manage and connect people to the services provide.

Pros

I switched from Calendly because I was having people make appointments at the last minute and back to back. I really appreciate that Acuity has functionality to account for my preferences in both situations. I really enjoy the ability to personalize my different scheduling links since I set up scheduling for a few different scenarios. I tend to use the specific appointment type scheduling link, which is great to have separated from the overall link so that there is no confusion in booking. There is so much other functionality that I haven’t had a chance to use yet link the intake forms and billing, but I’m looking forward to using it. Also, I really enjoy the emails and correspondence that I’ve had with organization. I haven’t even submitted a help ticket, but every email is funny and engaging and it feels like someone is personally attending to me!

Cons

I had a little bit of confusion with the set up of my calendars. It took some searching to figure out how to combine all my appointments to one calendar. All in all I figured it out and still love my account.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The ability to add buffer time between meetings and to disable the ability for a last minute meeting to be scheduled overnight without giving me time to prepare for it. In addition, I use Squarespace as well. I love that product and wanted to maintain fluidity between both products. Both are made well and make my life simple so I can do what is most important to me rather than spending all my time on designing a website or figuring out scheduling.

Patrick from Balance Lab

My new favorite

I have had this idea to create my company for years, now that I am pressing all the buttons and actually firing it up - Acuity has given me access to templates that make my ideas not only possible but also WAY more efficient. For instance, I knew there would be a way to create linked classes over consecutive weeks - but i did not know it would be so easy to set them up. Thanks, Acuity!

Pros

I found Acuity through word of mouth - others were using it as an integration with MailChimp - I am very pleased with the robust help section as well as the step by step guides offered. Though still a newbie, the straightforward design and easy to follow directions make me feel like I made a good choice and that the folks who make Acuity seem to know that us small business owners have enough on our hands so making it easy for us to streamline as many workflows as possible while not skimping on design is a huge plus.

Cons

This is not a slam, but its a little like every time you open Safari and its like - DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE YOUR DEFAULT? - no, safari, i don't. but i am using SquareSpace, MailChimp, and Acuity - and i wish i could click a button and just not see all the competing options with what I am already using? I have committed to CRM elsewhere and wish i could hide it in Acuity - this is not really against Acuity though as literally every site does this....

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Word of mouth and integration with Mailchimp was very easy

Adam from Renaissance Ranch Idaho Falls

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for scheduling clients

Overall I have been very pleased with the software and with the fun attitudes of the designers and programmers. I like the quirky quotes and statements because they give me moments of fun during my workday. I love the value for the cost.

Pros

I like the customizable functionality of Acuity the most. However I also very much appreciate the appointment reminder features which remind both the clients and the clinician of upcoming appointments. I love that multiple reminders is an option and that I can customize when the reminders are sent.

Cons

I really dislike there is no pin or fingerprint option for opening the phone app. The "Magic Link" is not very convenient and has not always worked when I have tried using it. The app itself is very phone friendly however.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity provided better features at a better price.

Jay from Kristi Williams Photography

Industry: Photography

Easily solved our complex Photography Studio schedule.

We love Acuity and cannot see ever moving away from it. Not only does it manage our booking and syncing with Google Calendar, but it also integrates with our CRM Pipedrive. We use it both on the computer and mobile application while out of the studio with clients which has made booking incredibly easy and no longer a frustration. On top of that, our no-shows have plummeted due to the automation reminder text messages and emails. Something we never had implemented prior to Acuity and now couldn't live without. With how busy everybody is anymore, reminders are so helpful and really make a huge difference so we don't get stuck waiting on a client who forgot to show up.

Pros

We love the ability for clients to schedule themselves, and once we got everything sorted out with how to logistically set up our schedule to account for how our business runs, it has solved so many issues and problems of knowing when to schedule a client. The ability to assign resources and set the availability for those resources is really the best part. For almost any client-heavy industry this is a key feature which allows you to maximize your client load in an orderly fashion. We wen't from thinking our schedule was maxed out, to realizing we had the ability to expand our schedule over 50% thus increasing our bottom line.

Cons

If you have no worked with a scheduling software before, there is a learning curve. We used Acuity for well over 9 months before figuring out how to really utilize this tool to maximize our studio schedule. Granted, the help and support Acuity offers is amazing, but I tend to DIY most things until I get stuck. By reaching out for help and support when you get stuck, the only minor frustration is easily mitigated and goes away quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

For us, Acuity just seemed like a better product to start with and grow with. Seemed like more of a robust solution that we would never need to replace. Nothing against other solutions on the market, but Acuity is exactly what we needed to manage our crazy busy studio.

Julie from Hot Coffee Coaching

Over the Top Customer Service

I literary replaced a $1000./month virtual assistant with this software without missing a beat. I now self-manage scheduling & billing with Acuity in about an hour a month.

Pros

Ease of use; excellent service and support. Whenever I have had questions, I get amazingly fast response and always an added idea, work-around or added feature to help make my experience even better. Staff seems to really, really like working for Acuity and with each other. Impressive!

Cons

That I can't separate my active clients from my inactive clients. C'mon Acuity, this seems like an easy sorting feature to add! ;)

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The main feature that initially attracted me to Acuity was the ability to sell packages, which is most of my work, and then have the system "count down" and alert me when packages are almost used up. Ironically, I think I've only used that feature once b/c I don't exactly understand how it works, but I plan to look into that soon.

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Acuity Scheduling Review

Excellent! Customer Service is quick to respond, and they’re way fun to interact with, besides. Tutorials are really helpful. And the product, itself, is indispensable in freeing up my time on the admin side of things as well as super helpful for my clients.

Pros

So many things to like, it’s difficult to narrow it down to just one. How about a two-way tie: The email reminders and customizable, direct schedule links. First the email reminders. These customizable reminders are a sanity-saver for me, my clients, and my business. Especially for summer piano lessons where Lessons are scheduled in an “ala crate” fashion so each week, the lesson day and time changes. With a lesson reminder being emailed 24-hours in advance, I have nearly zero no-shows in my studio which is pretty remarkable with the ever-shifting summer piano lesson schedule. Then there’s the customizable direct-schedule links. Acuity has made it so easy for my clients to be able to schedule, reschedule and cancel their own lessons, which saves me countless admin hours! As a solo operation, I’d much rather put time and energy into my students and my craft, rather than behind the computer screen trying to figure out rescheduling options for busy families. With Acuity, I just send them the link (or they click on the link provided in the reminder email), they can easily and quickly see what lesson spots are available, and then a couple of clicks later they’re in! Love this feature!

Cons

It’s a little baffling why this feature is not available, with all the other great things Acuity does. But when a client asks for a list of all their future appointments, I can only screenshot the list. There’s no report I can run or pdf to print or anything simple like that. I can certainly pull up a list of all a particular client’s appointments (past and future), but there’s no easy (professional-looking) way to send that list to the client.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Acuity seems to provide a far better value than the others...lots more bang for the buck! I also love the happy, positive vibe of the company, and the super long trial period didn’t hurt, either;)

Perfect for automations

1. Overall it is a perfect service. We love it because it has integration with Zapier. We have a Google spreadsheet where we keep all the appointment and see all the statistics. So integration with Zapier saves us so much time. 2. I am not sure yet (not fully tested), but looks like Acuity does not remove guests from Google Calendar events. So if I need to share an appointment through Google Calendar, a guest will not be removed with every sync. Not sure if it designed like that, but please, do not remove this feature. Or maybe even improve it (adding guests to Google Event through Acuity?) :)

Pros

Zapier and Squarespace integrations. Simplicity.

Cons

1.Address field works, but a bit unusual. It does not show address in a regular format. For example: If you need :1229 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 You will get: 1229 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America Not sure if it is limited by Google. 2. Email design is very simple. It is not the most important part, but still. Looking forward to see shared design with Squarespace.

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Zapier integration. Price per calendar. It was important for us initially, but changed the plans.

Monica from On-Call Editing

Industry: Publishing

Easily Fits Into My Solo Biz

Once I set up my questionnaire and determined my schedule and link name, it really was good to go. I've shared it with a variety of potential clients with no complaints so far as to issues using it. I look forward to getting to know the tool even better so I can hopefully streamline things even more. I believe it will integrate nicely with a WP site - according to my designer - so all the more reason to stick with this one.

Pros

The best thing about Acuity to me is how easy it is to incorporate into my business process. I can easily update my daily schedule before I share the scheduling link with a potential client. I was able to create a questionnaire used within Acuity, and I can just add the link to my site for people to use when they are ready to schedule a meeting. Plus I can customize the link with my business name. And that's just using the free version. I will upgrade when it's time and I anticipate it being even better when I do.

Cons

Because I am not yet using this daily, I don't have any complaints about this tool as of yet. There are all kinds of little things I'm not even using yet and the price is right even to just try out the other features. What's not to like?

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

This was the first one I came across where I could add my own questionnaire and it's really quick to update my schedule before sharing my link if I need to do so. I like things to be fun to use/look at, easy to use and easy to integrate with other tools I use, and this does not fail me so I'm not planning to switch, even after my business goes to a new level.

Viktor from ProjectArmy, LLC

Best scheduling tool ever

Been using Acuity for several years (3+) and continue using it for schedule consulting meetings, strategy sessions, meetings with customers, etc. It would be a lot more difficult to run my business without Acuity. Sure there are other tools, but none of them compare to Acuity in easy of use and feature set. I could've gotten a lifetime deal for $50 to one of their competitor recently and save hundreds/thousands of dollars over the next few years, but it had terrible UI and wasn't worth it. Continue paying Acuity monthly, it's worth it.

Pros

It has everything you need for scheduling. It integrates seamlessly with my Google Calendar, so it pulls my availability from calendar and updates calendar with appointments when they get scheduled. Makes my life extremely easy. Plus, it sends out reminders to people - email and SMS - to make sure they show up for the meeting. I have multiple calendars for multiple things, all work well together with my Google Calendar. The scheduling page the users see to book an appointment is by far the best one out there. It's easy to use and understand what's going on. I don't like scheduling meetings with other people that use other scheduling tools, so convoluted.

Cons

Only thing that I thought would be nice that I haven't seen done yet is being able to specify a number of appointments available per week. So I have time available from 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri, so anyone can book an appointment. But I would like to limit bookings to 10 appointments per week, regardless what day/time they get booked. So after 10th appointment is booked, the whole week becomes unavailable. Other than this, everything works great.

Zach from Cornerstone Wealth Strategies

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Pros

We have 6 different team members. Most of the time, 2 or more team members will be involved with a client at a time. Before we were trying to juggle times back and forth on Outlook using scheduling assistant, which doesn't work if the client is not within your outlook network, which they never are. Also, we used to send a long list of meeting times out when someone would request an appointment. We would wait until we had a handful of appointment requests before sending them out because it was so labor intensive to do so. Our reminders have never been more helpful to our clients nor more consistent.

Cons

We have run across some training hurdles, especially when using "blocked" times vs appointments. For one, blocked times do not actually transfer to our calendars on Outlook. Also, if someone has multiple calendars, for instance we usually have 2 team members in every meeting, and the team pairing is not always the same, then we have to remember to block off time on every calendar that team member is associated with. Also, I still do not know exactly how the locations function works. We have 3 different offices and lets just say we've manually changed our reminders to spell out the address and have different appointment types titled with the correct location. Lastly, our team has found the mobile app to be inconsistent at best. We have used both the Android and iOS version of the application and feel like we cannot rely on the information we see within the app. Appointments on the same calendar always work, but when you have an appointment on one calendar that also blocks off time on other calendars, the reliability has been spotty and multiple times we have had to go back to our clients and request a new meeting time.

Luca from Creative Enabler

Love me some Acuity!

When I forged back out into the wild world of self-employment, managing my calendar was one of the more challenging tasks. My leads come from many places, including networking groups, social media, and referrals, and keeping track of prospective clients became a daunting bottleneck in growing my business. Potential customers rightfully have an expectation of getting in touch promptly before moving to contract, and the back-and-forth e-mail boogaloo was not a fun dance for anyone. I even hired an assistant for a short stint to manage my calendar but spent more time managing her then I did getting my calls scheduled and followed up on. Enter Acuity Scheduling (trumpet blast here)! Setting Acuity up was a snap for me, and because I know how to code, I was able to customize the look to mimic my website and serve as a branded landing page. Leads were able to schedule and reschedule themselves on discovery calls; New clients could gain access to my calendar to book time with me and complete needed paperwork. It has absolutely increased my revenue, fostered great communication with incoming and current clients, and saved me money on outsourcing the bulk of my administrative needs. The few snags I have run into were quickly addressed by their friendly team. I can't recommend them enough!

Pros

Ease of use, the ability for clients to schedule/reschedule without my help, ability to set up an e-mail automation after meeting has wrapped, custom confirmation and reminder e-mails, ability to adjust availability dependent on meeting type.

Cons

I wish we could customize the look and feel of each different custom scheduling link. Whatever look you settle on for your main link (usernamehere.as.me) becomes the standard look across all direct links (usernamehere.as.me/direct/) unless you embed the code into your website. I actually set up a second Acuity account so I could keep my "landing page" look for the first account. The way I am using it is totally unorthodox, however, and when I spoke with Acuity's team, they were even surprised in how I adapted their tool for my uses. The mobile app is also a little lacking. It doesn't have as much functionality as working with your account through a browser.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Sometimes it’s easier to let them schedule.

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There’s been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn’t pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Pros

By far, the best feature is the ability to have clients schedule their own appointments. As a busy person, I don’t often have the time for the back and forth of scheduling a client. With Acuity, they can look at my schedule, see when I’m free, and then put themselves in wherever it’s convenient for them. I also like that the calendars adjust for time zones. This is helpful if you have clients all over the country yet don’t want to have to figure out the time differences. The tutorial for Acuity was very informative and made using the program a breeze. Having the calendars sync up for groups is also very handy rather than having everyone input the info individually.

Cons

Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much. Acuity has so many features that it’s overwhelming. There is no way I could use every single feature, so it seems like overkill. It’s also made even more difficult because there is no phone support. If I had a number I could call, perhaps they could explain to me what each of the features does that way I’m not so overwhelmed. Phone support would also be handy in case something breaks, most likely from trying to figure out the different features. With something as important as your schedule, you need to have almost instant solutions, and lack of phone support means you have to wait to get a response, which costs time and money lost.

Sarah from Five Stones Counseling Center

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Pros

I was looking for software that A) Had the ability to seamlessly coordinate shared appointments across multiple calendars B) was REALLY easy to use and C) was HIPAA compliant. I couldn't easily find the dual calendar feature, and contacted customer support before I moved on, their executive was AWESOME. He understood my question (not easy!), pointed me in the right direction, set up the behind-the-scenes setting that I needed, was super helpful, and made me laugh. I've had a month to play with the software, and I'm really appreciating the features and ease of use. We don't use any of the customer-interfacing portion of the software, nor have we dabbled yet in the integrating of billing, but the core client/calendar management features have been SO great. I also really love the corporate culture of Acuity. Their on-screen prompts, quirky sense of humor, and human element (go read the bios of the employees), make me want to be part of their team. And their commitment to super-serve their clients made me feel like I was the most important client in the world, even though I was just one tiny little trial client checking them out. Finally, no matter how much I liked the product or the company, it would have been a dead-end if I couldn't ensure HIPAA compliance for our data protection and client confidentiality. Great features, robust security, and amazing support - all I need now are flowers and chocolate!

Cons

Well, apart from the fact that the one required feature I need (HIPAA compliant security) is only available at the highest paid level (regardless of what other features you may need), there's only one software challenge I've encountered. The daily calendar - where I can see one or all of the individual or shared calendars, is very useful - I can easily see open appointments as white space, so "at a glance" I can see what is available in an individual's calendar. The WEEKLY view, however, condenses the days' calendars, so it only shows the currently filled appointments and removing white space, making it difficult to visualize open appointments across multiple providers' calendars at one time. I have partially overcome this by creating color coded appointments for each provider (even though it's the same service), so that i can at least see quickly the volume of appointments by color. But the weekly calendar really only works effectively for me when looking at one provider's calendar at a time. There may be a way to customize the weekly view that I have not yet discovered, or a way to color-code the calendars rather than the appointments, worth an email to Shane in customer support, but regardless, not a deal breaker for me!

Steve from Music Launch Hub

The most functional and feature-packed calendar software

Pros

The developers seem to know what's happening in your world before any other calendar software seems to. I've tried a lot of them to find the perfect combo, and Acuity (even though I have a lifetime subscription to Book Like a Boss) has been my staple for 3+ years or maybe even more. The best thing about Acuity is its flexibility to adapt to your business, rather than forcing you to change your processes to suit it. If you want a subscription business that offers a certain amount of calls to your community each month, you can do that. If you wanted a storefront where people can buy and book as they please, you can do that. And all the little extra thoughts on the calendar, like blocking off time, and keeping only the right amount of appointments available, and adjusting your calendar availability quickly and easily. It's just so well thought out.

Cons

I would like to see their designs brought into the future a bit more. I find the storefront a bit dated and as such have always avoided using it even though it would have saved me a lot of time. I also find some of their extra-fancy features have unwanted side effects at times. For example, there is a genius new feature where Acuity will only let people book appointments next to each other, so you don't have big gaps in the day. However, for someone like me that has to have different blocks available for timezones, it confuses Acuity and thinks that things I want available shouldn't be. So occasionally with features, it's not quite as smart as you want it to be.

Grace from Brandeis Univerity

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

Pros

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Cons

The overall con of the software is I found there to be a slight learning curve. Personally, I would say I am pretty tech-savvy and have some programming experience, so scheduling software should be pretty straight forward. However, I did run in to some trouble when creating appointments. Here are some examples: there seems to be a couple ways to set a particular setting such as the start time of the appointment and the amount of clients who can schedule the same appointment--both can be set in the calendar availability and specific appointment type availability (wonder which setting overrides the other??), still have not figured out how to have different appointment types on the same calendar with the same availability that CAN BE be scheduled at the same time without being considered 'over-booking' (solved this by adding appointment types to different calendars in Acuity), customer support pages videos seemed to be based on a later version of the Acuity so are not very helpful. I also have a suggestion based on the intake forms--The forms are useful, and a good feature but it would be nice if the form included some display logic like other survey platforms. For example, I ask clients if they would like to receive cash or gift card compensation. If the participant chooses gift card I would like another question to display that asks if they would like a gift card for amazon or wawa.

Shawn

Good for new... but quickly outgrow

For the record, I really like Acuity Scheduler - and while the customer service is only during the week, for the cost/value makes it understandable of why that is, and honestly - its never been a problem to wait to hear from someone till Monday. I have been using it for our studio for the past year. Started from scratch with very little capital to open our doors, and Acuity made it possible to be in the 21st century and keeping our schedule clear, and concise.

Pros

If you're a small new business, you can not go wrong with Acuity Scheduler! It is easy to get started, book appointments, make gift certificates, add in discounts, connect it to apps such as Quickbooks, MailChimp, Constant Contact - and many others. If your a wellness worker, THIS IS the only low cost small business scheduler that offers HIPPA compliance! Our clients like the view of the site, intigration tools and SEO markers for web sites - its all there!

Cons

There are going to be problems with every program - but having a small studio that we share, it would be nice to see a wait list for clients when we are totally booked out. I needed a program that was HIPPA compliant - which is why I went with Acuity - but the forms are chunky and hard to manage. Clients don't like the way that they read - and I know that they are long - but acuity makes them seem even longer - which equates in people only doing half of the health intake forms. Also, they limit how much you can put into a section. It would be nice to expand a section, make it a little longer to read, but a simple yes or no question at the end to make the document seem less lengthy. It is hard to make a change to an instructor if they have a sub come in to teach the class - while it does not happen all that often, attaching the proper instructor to the class at the last minute would be a great benefit so that the participants know who is teaching without having to pretty much re-write the schedule and re-book clients into the changed class. Better integration with our book-keeping system - while it transfers over fairly well - differentiating tips, the use of passes (Acuity uses 'codes' for passes) showing the discounts as line items would be extremely helpful.

Eric from BB West Driving School

Fairly Priced and Very Good Service with well-developed software | Acuity Scheduling.

How they won me over? Good Program AND Fast Service. Quick email replies with well-written explanations supported by a picture, video or animated screen capture. What else can you expect from Technical Support Team? It is all there. If you value your time. you don't need to search online anymore. Trust me. Sign up for their service and test it yourself; 14-day test period is absolutely free and FULLY supported by Acuity Scheduling staff. I have switched from paper daily planners to software back in 2012. As of the time of this review, it's been over 4 years and I have changed software providers 3 times. Well, actually 4 times - because I'm moving again! This time though it looks that I have found what I was looking for Acuity Scheduling. First, I have adopted installable software . It had good doc's to assist the installation, but the backup had to be done manually, through Windows file structure. Once during the process, something got corrupted and I could not recover from it. The company programmer was able to get most files back but not all. It crushed one more time after that, with corruption in password file. Decided to change. I switched to online booking system based out of UK. Software was really looking good at first, but turn out it was written in very messy design, difficult to set up and configuration of it took over 6 weeks to make it work the way I wanted. Changes were partially due to the UK English with a lot of British way of describing things. The cost wasn't bad. Shortly after I've renewed it for the next year and made the payment they refused to service me because.... I have asked too many questions. Yes, I received email that they don't want me as a customer any longer. They refunded my payment for the second year and cancel my account with 3 days warning. Next I have decided to try another online serviceAppointy. Program isn't to bad, but the service meh, - so-so. I had to deal with a salesman who was making it difficult, but then his manager (who I guess was monitoring the email exchanges), at 2 different occasions, he got involved and make things happen. I wasn't emotionally attached to them and started to look for alternatives. Found few options, tested 4, and decided to go with Acuity Scheduler. Acuity Scheduling gives me almost all that I need, but what I REALLY like, is the Most Responsive Service that I have ever had.

Pros

Quick support service - priceless! Unlimited customer intake form customization! Easy to use software. Clean design.

Cons

Could expend a bit more in customization to implement descriptions of repetitive tasks/procedures, that businesses perform for their customers. i.e. If gas station employee has to write about what he has done for every customer during his shift it would be beneficial for him to have a field that he can select saying; fill up gas tank or wash windshield or pomp all 4 tires.

Andy from My Local Libraries

Industry: Libraries

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

Pros

That I can do almost everything for free. It's also easy to use. And the staff are really nice and helpful. And they have decent promos on now and then it seems (like for writing a honest review).

Cons

No weekend support. Also, to get multiple calendars, I need to pay :( That won't be a con for most people but in my situation it was.

August 2016

E from Paw Valley Furry Friends

August 2016

It's All Handle with Acuity!

I use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!

Pros

My favorite feature about Acuity is the overall ease of use. It is not complicated to manage for someone who isn't too tech savvy. It has easy to understand instructions, modern and clean user-interface and even a little wit and personality thrown into the design, which makes this software completely unique. I know that anyone looking to manage their client appointments will be more than satisfied with the benefits and features that Acuity offers as I have referred several people including real estate agents, personal stylists, web designers, interior designers, pet sitters and business coaches. The platform is so flexible and so customizable that there really isn't anyone who can't use it for their business needs. There are even intake forms that can be individually assigned to an appointment type, which helps streamline my process of taking on new clients. I love the fact that I can create "Add-on" for specific appointment types if I want to offer an additional service, and the fact that I can hold a customer's credit card with or without charging. Like I said, there are numerous options! The last and most important benefit is that Acuity enables an easy embedding for your website so you can maintain a professional look while keeping your customers on your website.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I would like is to have intake forms that provide IFTTT, meaning that I could create questions that only show up if a user selects a specific response. The intake forms are great for the information that they do provide, but they could use a little upgrade in my opinion.

September 2015

Daniel from HD Pet Care

September 2015

Great software but lacking

Overall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

Response from Acuity Scheduling

Replied September 2015

Hi Daniel -- thanks for writing this review, and glad to hear that Acuity is perfect for you! Just a couple things to clarify... * Quite a bit can be changed with your colors, logo, and adding extra formatting all without CSS. That's just an extra bonus for especially techy people to totally revamp the look of their rescheduler. * You can also embed the scheduler directly into your website. That way people can stay on your domain and completely book their appointment from within your site instead of going off to Acuity. If you need a hand with that, our developers will even embed the scheduler into your website if you ask. * Scheduling more than one service: you can offer that with add-on services. Under Appointment Types head over to Add-Ons then you can set up which services can be booked with which other ones. For example, that can be used so if someone is booking a Haircut they can also add on Coloring and book both services at once.

May 2015

Kip

Industry: Mental Health Care

May 2015

Love It - Great Customization - Solid Functionality

I was so excited about getting a scheduling system for my private practice. My excitement soon turned to disgust and amazement when I trialed service after service and most were vitally flawed. They either didn't have customization options (which was VERY important to me) or they simply didn't work. Either way, they reflected poorly on my business and I was truly amazed at how difficult it was to find one that did what I wanted it to. I found it with Acuity though. I am so happy and relieved to have the confidence that it's working properly and to have the customization options to make it integrate and flow with the rest of my business

Pros

Besides the obvious, most important piece: it actually works (others did not), here are some other key pros. So much customization. I'm astounded at how much you can modify the client's scheduling page. There's the root code and table(s) to actually get the job done but, on top of that, you can customize everything around it: the wording, the look, the buttons, the colors, the options, etc. The wording was especially important to me. I prefer that the scheduling system gives off a feel that is congruent with the rest of the business. Clients have the option of creating an account/password if they want to manage all of their appointments. Everything syncs immediately with my personal google calendar. You create your blanket availability but then you can also manually block out times. You can 'pad' before and after appointments to make sure you're doing all you need to. You don't have to, but you can create different appointment types with different settings. You can also create a 'class' / 'group' and allow clients to reserve spots. The other crucial part for me was the client-emails. Some of the systems provided little to no customization. They were basically going to talk to your clients however they felt like. You can customize all of it with Acuity. You can word the emails the way you want to. Clients get confirmations when you schedule something, cancel something, etc. You can choose to get a copy of the emails that are sent to clients so that you know exactly how it looks. You can even add a custom note (in addition to the original custom email) so that it's two-fold customized to that particular client for that particular situation. In case I haven't been clear: it's the customization that is so crucial to me. :) All this in mind, it's actually cheaper than many of the other systems. And I want to emphasize one more time: not only is the customization crucial, but other systems flat out didn't work. The actual coding seems so solid here.

Cons

This isn't a con - it's just an unknown. It's a new practice and I'm the only staff. Once there are other service providers, I don't know how well Acuity will flow with that. Considering the solid coding that they seem to have, I'm guessing it will work very well (with a lot of customization! haha) but I thought it's fair to mention that I'm not aware of how well the system works with multiple staff members. One other tiny piece of con: how the actual system looks from the inside (on our end). It's not aesthetically joyous but I didn't buy Acuity as a piece of art that I can gaze into with a glass of wine. So I don't care that much. It works. And it lets me customize it so it integrates with my business and provide consistency and function for my clients. I love it and am relieved to have it.

Natasha from Date Gifting, LLC

Great Scheduling Service!

Acuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.

Pros

-I can embed my schedule on my website. -Acuity gives me a personal link per my schedule and/or per each service. I am able to send the direct link to clients. -It is easy to set-up, and Acuity allows for multiple calendars and multiple services. -I can group my services and offer add-ons for an additional cost. -Acuity sends reminders to my clients, confirmation emails, and a thank you note to my clients. -It syncs well with PayPal and Stripe to accept payment from external vendors. -It also allows me to make packages, gift certificates, and coupons to offer to clients. -Acuity is very customizable; I can input my logo and change the colors on my calendar to indicate certain services and times. -When clients book, I can include a form that I would like for them to complete before submitting the booking, which allows for me to ensure that they read my terms and conditions and to ensure that they are a great fit for my business. -The mobile app is just as great.

Cons

-The free subscriber options are limited. You will have to pay to get the full service, but you cannot pay to add-on single aspects of a service.

Jack from Precision Health & Fitness Ltd

Fantastic scheduling software with great customer assistance

I switched from Ovatu to Acuity just over a year ago. Both are fantastic bits of software but Acuity fits my business model better. The support I have received has been fantastic, also the walkthrough articles are clear and easy to follow if you want to set up integration with other software. The pricing for Acuity is great and I have been able to add users without a massive hike in price paid.

Pros

-Ease of use -Great support if needed -Reminder emails and texts not charged extra -Fantastic price compared to other scheduling software

Cons

Only a couple of minor points; -A better method of tracking where the customer is in a block of sessions. -Slightly easier to navigate customer profile page

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

Originally found through Capterra, then tried the free trial and preferred the set up and layout

Tammi from Tammi O. Virtual Assistant

Functionality revamped - blows the others out of the water

I had previously been using Calendly when someone recommended Acuity for one of my clients. It allowed me to set up customized scheduling pages not just for 1 client but several of his managers as well. Then I created an In Take form for each appointment type that would sync with each manager's calendar so they would have all the information they needed during the call. I also customized the emails (including Confirmation, Cancellation, Reschedule and Reminder). Add a text reminder 1 hour prior to the scheduled appointment and it is just a great tool! I would also run weekly reports in Acuity to send to managers. I am sure I only used a fraction of the services offered in Acuity even though I paid for the very reasonably priced service, but it fulfilled the needs.

Pros

I love that I can set up a very detailed landing page and with a paid subscription have both email and text reminders automatically go out to clients (and have the option to have a reminder be sent to the owner of the calendar as well). Completely sync's with your calendar.

Cons

There is a little learning curve with this BUT it is absolutely worth it because of all the "bells and whistle's"

Reasons for Choosing Acuity Scheduling

The customization options including landing pages and reminders were a huge factor but then when I found I could have several appointment types and form types it was a hands down winner.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,137 reviews