• Pros

• "I love the ease of use of this product. Our daily day to day operation would be so much more difficult without Shortcuts. Shortcuts keeps everything organized and running smoothly. "

• "Easy to use. Support is great, anytime we have a question or problem someone helps. able to log in from home and girls can see schedule on phone."

• "Best visually that is available and easy to use"

• Cons

• "While being very complex The software has a lot of glitches "

• "They want you to watch videos It is too complicated And for the price they should do what ever you ask Extremely long wait time for help Too expensive"

• "some options are not available with the version we have"

Browse Shortcuts Reviews

Mickey from Mickey nolan Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

My Personal experience with shortcut salon..

Over all betterment to operations and management ...

Pros

I started from the begin| ! Was a wise move on my side ...

Cons

None ...It wasn't so easy for me personally change in mind set and moved forward and learned a new and better wat 4

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Impressed me! The next move forward made wing in salon function smoother ...

Julie from Verve

User Friendly Software

We are very pleased with Shortcuts in our salon. The 24/7 support has been great.

Pros

This salon software is so user friendly. It is easy to train my staff to use this. We use Shortcuts to schedule clients appointments and for point of sale. The variety of reports and marketing lists is great.

Cons

We really have not had any problems with Shortcuts. If we could not figure something out, the support is outstanding.

ivy from Masters And Weaves World

Shortcuts isn't a good choice for my salon

I wouldn't recommend shortcuts to any salon and Ive made this clearly obvious to shortcuts. this software is not right for any non basic salon business. After spending numerous hours/days/years on extra extra extra training, encountering daily and constant system errors and issues. I managed to get help from someone who was efficient and she spent over and hour reprogramming our software after it had been set up incorrectly (by shortcuts). Then everything she spent her time doing was wasted because the system that is shortcuts managed to not save any of her updates. So suffice to say our next 3 training sessions revolved around reprogramming it again. Please please please do your research before signing up to a shortcuts contract. Perhaps do a trial with them first. Because I am signed to a 3 year contract and would honestly have been better off using a paper and pen system. Shortcuts is awkward, cluncky and constantly times out. When id had it over a year i was told extra training would require payment and i even paid for my receptionist to do a course which didnt even touch on the system and turned out to be nothing related to shortcuts at all. The help desk is impossible to get through to. Their systems constantly goes offline. Its very sticky and cluncky. Its not user friendly and it duplicates clients contacts and if you ask shortcuts to fix most issue they will charge you unless you nearly have a nervous breakdown. The marketing tool requires a degree in software programming to be able to use as its completely random and not user friendly. Before i bought S/C I couldn't have been clearer about my needs before I agreed to this system and ive lived to regret it. It was supposed to make booking easier for me and my clients but its been a complete nightmare. Other software companies were honest about what their systems couldn't do but shortcuts promised theirs could do everything on my list and more. And the truth is its not right for some. But it's not even capable of managing my stock which is extensions and Ive given up. I hate leaving reviews like this but after they fasley used a feedback they asked me to do after a training session I feel its my duty to be honest about this system and prevent others from being duped.

Pros

It looks nice

Cons

Its useless, not user friendly, over priced and very basic

Katy from finely kneaded

perfect for us

Pros

Familiarity and ease of use. company is always trying to improve functionality and features

Cons

i wish I had remote access to all features at any time like mind/body

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Ease if use visually easier to follow customer service and accuracy in answering questions rather than trying to Sell the product falsely

Nathan from Aveda Institute Boise

Shortcuts

Pros

The amount of things it can do for the cost.

Cons

Could have more robust reporting and customization of reporting.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

It seemed like it did everything we needed, and for the money was a good value.

Cliff from HairCut Corner

Owners opinion of ShortCuts

Not bad enables us to effectively run our business, not having the ability to enter middle initials, and last name suffixes is a short coming as well as not providing a daily report on hair cut times is a big disadvantage as a high volume shop with 8 stations, haircut times are very important to us

Pros

a number of good reports (KPI's) are generatd

Cons

the data base lacks structure, we are a high volume barbershop providing 750 to 900 services per week. We have numerous clients with similar names, including father and son, brothers etc. To better differentiate, our clients if you data base configuration included a filed for middle initial, and last name suffixes such as Jr, Sr, 1st, 2nd 3rd etc it would make it easier to correctly identify the correct client. If the wrong client is selected it can result in improperly cutting their hair as the notes are wrong because it its not the correct client. Also you need to establish a daliy report that provides hair cut times

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Primarily because Sports clips used to use this software which caters to mostly men and boys

Britney from Suki's Salons

Shortcuts Software

Through Shortcuts we have been able to take our bookings online through their online booking portal resulting in a reduction of front desk staff labor!

Pros

Shortcuts software is extremely user friendly in our salons. They have an expansive educational library on their website that make training new staff a breeze.

Cons

The only downfall we have with Shortcuts is its not a true shared database. We have multiple sites so having one pool of client data would be ideal. They have work arounds like global clients but it creates duplication in the files and data per site.

Bernie from Elevate Hub

3 Year contract of frustration.

I am appalled that a customer can spend thousands of dollars to get a programme to work for me rather than the programme doing what it promises and that Shortcuts are willing to fob me off. After being a loyal customer for 6 years running and have put in so much effort to have a great Spa software, this is the thanks I get from Shortcuts. Do your research, there is other software out there that works in a much easier way and doesn't cost as much. Be careful of software that wants to lock you into a 3 year contract. Upgrades are also another 3 year contract added onto your current contract. Bizarre!

Pros

The technical support are quote knowable and mostly friendly.

Cons

There is no social media integration. Average wait time on the phone for tech support is at least 20 minutes, in a busy salon that loses money. Their system is very old school based, not very intuitive. The Gift voucher system is so counter intuitive, really hard to find old gift voucher numbers. They lock you into a 3 year contract and I believe that is the only way they keep customers. Their pricing for features that you can't use properly are extra costing. Overall I paid for the extra services so that I could use the software to it's best and after signing the contract there only some features available. The confirmation text messages are very short and their online marketing system to create marketing emails (when it works as it rarely does) looks like its from the 80's. I had a MAC pc and had to install other software with a technician that cost me over $1400 to get sorted out to be able to use Shortcuts on a MAC, it gave us so much trouble I eventually bought a Windows computer from Shortcuts that cost me $2500 plus. I have spent so much time and countless hours working "for" shortcuts instead of it working for me. I have asked to be released from my contract for Shortcuts and they would prefer to have a customer that will never return than lose 12 months of something that doesn't and has never worked for me. When I have asked for education to that on my part I know I am using it to it's fullest ability, I have been quoted a few hundred dollars each time.

Jason from Buffalo Public Schools

Shortcuts Opperations

Overall great experience with using the Shortcuts software package. Support is great from Shortcuts, they can dial in a fix issues if it can't be resolved over the phone via Teamviewer. Most of our students catch on quick with the basics of adding appointments and client services, cashing out and general navigation is great.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. So many features from inventory to customer appreciation to scheduling clients with one to many employees. I know a few salons that use this software and love it. All in one package for everything you would need to run a salon/spa.

Cons

The only thing I was not happy with was that the credit card software was an add-on (like most software platforms) and since we are an education facility we had to go with the standard package. This means you have to have another solution for a standalone credit card processing device if you are not willing to pay to use the built-in module.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Nothing that comes to mind, as A teacher was already using the Shortcut software at a salon, so we went with this package.

Betty from Haircolorxperts

Shortcuts

Client complaints. Past/future business. Stylist performance.

Pros

Reletively easy to use. Secuity levels. Reports. Friendly contacts. Remote access. History log. Email and texting abilities. Daily auto backup. Client history.

Cons

The below need work before we can use them. Waitlist use. Walkin manager. Online booking.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

It was handed down as part of a closed franchise and it seems to perform well.

freddie from freddie b salon & spa

A vendor that is there for you every step of the way....

I have been with Shortcuts since the inception of my salon 9 years ago. It is scary enough as it is opening a salon, let alone looking for a software scheduling program. I came from using a paperbook for years, and knew that I needed to be in the NOW with a digital software program. There were soooo many to choose from. So confusing. But what made Shortcuts stand out from the rest was there personal one on one approach. The initial online presentation was even conducted by the sales rep and the CEO at that time. The CEO!! Like who does that?! I am one to ask many questions, and they were all answered with ease and confidence. To this day, Shortcuts still operates in that manner. I make it a point to only deal with vendors that I can actually have a business relationship with and not just be a number on a sales call list. Shortcuts treats you like a true business partner. Whenever I call the Helpdesk, they always remember who I am and give me the best undivided attention, always. Any question, big or small, is treated as a priority to them. That in itself is priceless. For this, I can truly say that I will be a client forever. We have a solid business relationship. One that cannot be purchased but only forged through years of dealing with each other. And isn't that what a true business partner is all about....

Pros

- Online Booking - Client Booking App. - Cloud Appointment Book - Staff Anywhere Schedule Access - Remote Access - Visually Appealing - Touch Screen Friendly - Easy to Use - Always Innovative - Consistent Training Available through Webinars, Email Articles, & You Tube Videos - Helpdesk is always willing to help

Cons

Maybe the wait time on the Help Desk, but that is to be expected during peak hours. They recently added a call back feature if you don't want to wait on hold. That sure is a plus.

Vasi from On Stage Salon

Best Salon Software Ever

Pros

I feel that this is THE most easiest software to learn, use + train others to use. It’s so user friendly and simple and we have never had any one of our staff have a problem using it. The business reports, marketing, inventory + online appointment sections are incredible and keep our business running smoothly and effectively. I also love the 24/7 customer care that’s available at any time if you need them.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like, It’s always been a pleasure even after all these years of using shortcuts.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

The other software products seemed extreamlyyy overwhelming and hard to use. They were not user friendly and they needed 10x more training just to learn simple tasks. Shortcuts is like the Apple of salon software where everyone else is like Android (hard to use)

brandi from society salon

8 years working with shortcuts

Overall I love how responsive the shortcuts help desk is! They always take time to answer all of my questions and make sure I am taken care of. If I do not know how to do something they are always there to help!

Pros

I love the clean and professional look of shortcuts. I like that there are so many things you can do from booking appointments, marketing to clients, and even auto scheduling reminder or no show texts and emails.

Cons

The two things I would like to add to shortcuts is the ability to keep card information on file to charge no show or cancellation fees as well as a way to be able to txt clients and have them respond. Right now we have to use a third party for each of those features.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

The style and layout of shortcuts looks much better! Its like using NotePad vs Word. Theres really no comparison. Like I said before I do wish I could add client card info

eva from Eva Estilistas

Tu negocio da un giro

Mi experiencia es muy buena, realmente nunca habia llevado mi salin de peluqueria tan bien como ahora porque en el tengo todo tipo de estadisticas e informacion que me ayudan a mejorar dia a dia

Pros

Realmente no puedo decir algo en concreto q me haya gustado mas, porque realmente todas sus funciones son vitales para llevar un negocio, tiene mogollon de detalles que te hacen super facil una buena gestion sin llevar trabajo alguno......estas al corriente de todo en todo momento.......solo tienes q pensar que te gustaria saber y te aseguro que este programa lo tiene.....es increible!!!!!!

Cons

De momento a dia de hoy no hay nada q extrañe porque lo tiene todo

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Me lo aconsejo mi informatico y al ver como funcionaba no lo dude!!!!

Diana from Sass Salon

Great product overall

Great!

Pros

Cons

The only down side to this software, when using the online booking feature, everything is a-la-cart. It is an issue for the salon industry, since we often book clients back to back. For example, one client would be a color and cut, during their processing time for the color, we could book another client in there. Not all clients know to book the color with a blowdry/cut, some only book the color portion which does not always leave us enough time to fulfill their request.

Billy from Tribe Salons

Avoid at all costs if you're looking for a modern salon software

The staff are always pleasant and helpful however they have a policy of trying to tie you in to long contracts without being clear about it.

Pros

Shortcuts is an out of date and overly expensive salon software which doesn't have the capabilities that it advertises. The reporting feature is useless and makes it impossible to know how your business is performing. They don't even have a good client retention report that is easily accessible, which we consider our most important KPI. There is no option to use the full features of the software remotely which is really hard if you run a business with multiple locations (I cant be in two places at once). They tie you into long contracts and conveniently don't mention that when you upgrade to a new feature the contract starts again. I believe that this is because they know that if they offered rolling contracts they wouldn't have any customers. If you read the google reviews you will notice I'm not the only person with this complaint. After years of being a customer of Shortcuts I feel that I've been treated appallingly. I don't want the hassle of moving I just want software that works for me, but after promise after promise of 'new features' which are always 'coming soon', I'm tied into paying for something that still doesn't suit my needs. So I'd really prefer to try something else. But they make it impossible for you to leave. Due to it's failure to adapt quick enough and improve the software so that it is suitable for a modern salon owners, you'll be better of choosing a different software that does. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Lack of remote capabilities, poor reporting, poor online booking system & app. Not great for use on an iPad. It's just outdated and doesn't evolve quick enough.

Julie from Verve

Great Salon Software

We use Shortcuts for salon scheduling and point of sale. It is excellent for customer record keeping and has a lot of options for marketing specifics.

Pros

Shortcuts is so user friendly. It was a very smooth transition in our salon when we started using it. I like that you can do multiple functions at the same time without losing any information. The variety of reports is very helpful. Shortcuts customer service is fantastic! Someone is available to help you 24/7 with any question or challenge.

Cons

There hasn't been anything that I haven't liked about Shortcuts. If I am unsure of how to do something, support will walk me through it.

February 2016

Jessica from Eikonic House of Barbers

February 2016

Excellent software with amazing support

We been using shortcuts going on to six years and it's been a blessing to have such a powerful operating system to support our business growth. I have researched other point-of-sale systems including salon biz, salon Iris, mind body, millennium - hands down Shortcuts remains the best for the following reasons. 1) simple user interface The touch option and visual layout is easy on the eyes. This works with our barbers as our staff are spatially and visually oriented. The icons are self explanatory and predictable. 2) shared credit among staff As a team-based environment an important feature was for us to be able to give credit to multiple team members for one ticket. 3) benchmarking A great feature is that shortcuts allows us to benchmark ourselves against other businesses operating within the same threshold. This helps us gauge the health of our business. 4) built-in marketing Shortcuts also has a built in marketing tool in which we can compile customer information based on a variety of demographics and variables. This information can be exported into an email campaign and sent directly to the customer at no additional cost. Comparatively other softwares outsources this feature thus resulting in added cost/each campaign. 5) genuine and enthusiastic The truth is, just with all other technology- bugs and hiccups do happen from time to time. What is important is that we are confident that someone at helpdesk is always there to resolve the problem. We just ranked top 200 salons in North America by Salon Today under growth category. We couldn't have done it without a strong management system. Thanks Shortcuts! Keep up the great work. Lets continue to grow together!

Response from Shortcuts Software

Replied February 2016

Thank you so much for the kind words, and huge congrats on making it to the Salon Today Top 200 Salons. We love having Eikonic House of Barbers in the Shortcuts family.

VICTORIA from Tapestry Salon & Spa

User Friendly

We have been using Shortcuts for over 15 years in all our salons, and appreciate the ease of use - 24 hour technical support and how they stay always increase software options to help you keep control and expand your business.

Pros

Shortcuts Software makes it easy to book and keep track of client history and services. Great business reports and training videos help us to keep out business on track.

Cons

We like using the Set & Forget email marketing program, but would like to see more art options, and styles to create more attractive emails.

Jennifer from Salon Sterling

Great for large salons with multiple locations

I had worked with Shortcuts for years when I was managing a chain salon. It was super user friendly. What I really loved were the training videos that were loaded on it, and available through a quick click for teaching new stylists and receptionists how to use every feature. There were lots of reports to access that give data on every aspect of the business and for individual stylists. The stylists loved being able to easily ruin a report to make sure they were on top of their goals.

Pros

Reports, customer service, personalization

Lisa from Luxe Salon

Sold Me on all the new functions (Google + Facebook Bookings and payments a custom app!)

Used them a cpl of years ago at a different salon so when I opened my own, they were my go to. I deal with their USA location in HB, and they have a great team there now!

Pros

Loved that I could get a custom app for my own salon without having to spend thousands on my own developer. My clients love that they can book online from the app or Facebook/Google. Love that I can take deposits for appointments if I need to and that the checkout process for clients is so easy and can be done right from the chair! (we use a tablet with the app to do this part).

Cons

While I haven't had to call the help desk much, there might be a bit of a wait on the phone, would love to have the help desk available on chat and live during biz hours. Other than that, no complaints, it helps me run my salon smoothly and I'm happy about that!

Cindy from Back Bay Hair

Organize hair artist

Shortcuts has organized myself and my salon,glad to be done with physical books!

Pros

I love looking up reports on how the salon is doing as a whole as well as individual!I like in a second being able to tell a client when she last visited us what she paid ect.

Cons

Client look up will only show you so many names and then u have to switch your look up by phone number or last name,which we cant always recall

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

The ease of your product and your reveiws,helped me choose Shortcuts!!!

debby from hair symmetry

Shortcuts Software Review

We love this program/ clients can book on line. saves us time. check out and inventory very easy.

Pros

Cons

Need to be able to color code clients. we have clients that have special prices and time we need. would be nice if they would be color coded so we can see that when they come up to pay.

Michael from Sharkey's Cuts for Kids Mechanicsburg

Not user friendly

Shortcuts also has a unique system set up for credit card processing which limits the amount of companies that can work with it so expect to pay a premium from their processor.

Pros

When the cloud functionality is working where I can access the software from a remote location.

Cons

The software itself feels very antiquated. It is my no means a user friendly interface. My stylists and staff complain about using this product on a daily basis. Support from Shortcuts has been an issue as well. Being an east coast based salon, their non-emergency tech support doesn't open until 9 am Pacific which has presented problems if I need assistance or have an issue. Training on the product was less than stellar as well and was condensed because the trainer was going on vacation and wanted to have things wrapped up before he left. Unfortunately I am forced to use this overpriced, hard to use software because my franchisor has made it mandatory and I have no choice. There are so many other options available that are easier to use and less expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

This product was mandated through my franchisor. I pushed back immediately after having done research and finding that there are many other better, less expensive options available. Bottomline is, if you have a choice and 30 minutes to do some research, you will find a better solution.

Brittney from The Men’s Salons

User friendly

It’s easy to pick up where someone leaves off, easy booking, fairly easy checking out.

Pros

I do all my training with this software. It’s easy for me to train with, user friendly, simplified steps. Step-by-step process which eliminates error.

Cons

At the check out if another service/product is added on after ‘confirmation’ is clicked, you have to put in 0.00 to the EFT to combine the whole price. Confusing to train on.

Eugene from Michelina's Hiar Salon and Spa

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Choosing Your Software

Pros

It encompasses what other brands do alacart into one easy to use, comprehensive data and growth oriented software solutions.

Cons

Earlier years struggled with products being launched what seemed prematurely, and promises of technology to come which seemed forever to happen. However over the last several years what you provide in my opinion of over 6 years the best software solutions for salons.

Carla Popp from American Hair

We Love Shortcuts Software

My overall experience is that I am happy with Shortcuts and would not change

Pros

User friendly, responsive technical support, excellent reporting, console is great, stylists can see their schedules from their smartphones and make/change client appointments, texting clients reminders, etc.

Cons

Some explanations of reports are hard to understand, scheduling stylists is challenging sometimes

Verbena from Verve' Beauty

Overall Satisfied

Shortcuts customer support is always available and very helpful

Pros

Shortcuts is very user friendly. I love how it keeps up with my client's histories

Cons

Sometimes the program license times out which is frustrating and takes unnecessary time I don't have. The pricing is a little high currently but I've used it for 12 years and don't want the hassle of switching

Customer support and pricing

Melissa from Serenity Salon and Spa

Pros/cons

It does what we need it to do and easy to train new people. Customer service should be more knowledgeable and sales dept is no help at all.

Pros

I like it keep the history of clients for so long. It is easy to make appointments.

Cons

It is limited for marketing. With all the clients in our system we should have more marketing options. There are a lot of weird cliches that’s happen at end of day.

Kelley from KG Hair Studio

Shortcuts Software review

Very professional, reliable & friendly

Pros

Well organized & personalized for what I needed

Cons

As a sole proprietor, wish there was a price break. Also think for the overall price remote access should be included. Think if computer qlitches occur, should not be charged to temporarily place on another computer

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Needed to rid of paper calendar & move to software program

Angela from Hair Company of Tarpon Springs

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Detailed and easy to use!

Helps to organize my business

Pros

I love how easy this program is to use, and I love all of the reports available to help me keep my salon running smoothly

Cons

The thing I like least about shortcuts, and it's not really a problem at all is that if my main computer goes down it renders all of my computers useless. I wish there was a way that it could be run remotely without having an on-site main terminal needed

Pedro from Pace Association, LLc

Shortcuts Software Review.

Is good to have available to contact Shortcuts when apear a problem. Some times it take a little longer but finaly you reach us.

Pros

What I like most is that I feel that is Adapted to my kind of bussines.

Cons

What I like least is that there are No support in spanish lenguaje. It will be more easy to comunicate if you can offer this service.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

It comes with the franchisse.

Phyllis from Fashion

Great for Beauty Salons and Barber Shops

Overall, I very like the software. We have had it in two businesses.

Pros

It is user friendly and there are a lot of reports that make it easy for you to access. It tracks working hours by just logging in.

Cons

It's not so much the software, it's is the fact that you have to pay for ever little feature to grow your business.

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

It what I know and like.

Claudia from Hyla Hair

So far so good

Pros

It's easy to use. The customer service is great no matter what time of day you call. I've called over the weekend thinking that i would have to wait till next business day and i was able to speak to someone right away.

Cons

The only issue i have is that the cost is based on how many employees you have.

Debbie from Be beautiful

Highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use, highly known so lots of new staff already know how to use. Online booking on Facebook and Instagram and marketing are great and I love the consultation forms on my tablet that my customers can sign. Report and manage staff from home and staff have access of their diaries on their phones.

Cons

I'd like more webinars weekly instead of monthly they are good but I would like more of them. It's good to go back over the things that I sometimes forget

Lindsay from Hair by Lindsay

I love shortcuts!

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use. It makes the business easy to run. I love how it sends out reminders to my clients and also changes to the color of there reply. It’s easy to adjust times and services! I recommend it to anyone!

Cons

No cons. I love shortcuts! Highly recommended.

Kristy from Koto

Industry: Facilities Services

Terrible service and very expensive experience

Terrible, unhappy, disgusting service

Pros

The marketing and reports and the promise of better customer service when using their hardware too that has turned out to be a complete joke!

Cons

It has been a very costly experience as we started having issues with our system after about 12 months and they continually passed the buck giving minor solutions but never really fixing our issues. Eventually our computer completely crashed and then we were told it wasn’t their problem and we had to pay for our own technician costing us $500 only to be told that shortcuts had actually put very outdated software on our system originally. Now our hardware is 12 months out of warranty and the screen is crashing. Seriously I’ve had computers for 10+ years before that have never had the amount of issues as this computer has had and they really don’t care about trying to fix anything or offering any solutions besides buying another one off them. Would seriously never buy anything from them again!!

NAOMI from Cosmetology and skin school

business manager

there are moment where its easy to access, but when the system reboots and a transaction is still showing pending in the system. it is pain trying to clear things up

Pros

its easy to search up customers name at some points

Cons

Its need a more creative board to allow front desk clerk to access more and key tips needs to pop u.

Laura from Contemporary hair designs

Satisfied

Pros

That its user friendly. I also love that I can log in on my cell phone and see my book anywhere.

Cons

That I can't have more then one Bar code on products. Company change packaging and Bar codes all the time so there are lots of times I have the same product with different Bar codes

Jessica from Fancy & Funky Salon and Boutique

Pretty Good

I feel they try to keep up and the customer support is pretty good. Extras are a but expensive. Overall it’s good.

Pros

Online booking and text confirmations and 24 hour support.

Cons

No training on all it has to offer, kind of expensive and they go up in price. Shortcuts doesn’t really help unless you ask.

Barbara from For A New You PC

booking software

Fine for the way I use it.

Pros

It is a point of sale system so it keeps track of inventory as well as if pateints have packages.

Cons

It does not enable me to use it like my dental software where I can have an actual pateint ledger and I can write us notes i more detail.

Ivo from Gravity Salon Professionals

Simple and easy to use great for everyday running of salon appointment bookings

Pros

once you have it set up you can almost forget about it, the program runs itself without having to work at it daily

Cons

I would like a little more business reports especially on staff performance and product usage. Some of the function for online do not work here in Canada

Adam from Society salon

Best so far

Handles ALSMOt everything I need in salon software

Pros

Best visually that is available and easy to use

Cons

Not open to certain custom options would like more custom reports and access to interact with 3rd parties

Reasons for Choosing Shortcuts

Less work and already new the system

Nikki from Cutting Cave

DONT DO IT

Aweful after the 1st year. Aweful!

Pros

Great reports Does walk in and appointments

Cons

The software keeps shutting down. The system kicks back payment and kicks out customers every time it shuts down, which is multiple time a day. You call the “help” desk and they say they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. However they are not fixing it and they are not compensating for the payments it kicks back when it shuts down. The debit part of credit card machine has been down for 2 hrs!!!! We can take payment as credit but not debit, I call they told me that they set it up wrong but I have to purchase a new machine to fix the problem. Of course I’m in a contact and stuck for now.

Response from Shortcuts Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Nikki, We are so sorry to hear you're unhappy. We'd be more than happy to get on a call and see what we can do to turn your experience around. We take your concerns very seriously, and are eager to help resolve them. Please let us know the best way to reach you by emailing us at marketing@shortcuts.net, or calling our helpdesk as 866-678-7324.

Angie from Ela & Co Hair Studio

Shortcuts is the best software for the hair styling business

Overall, I have had a great experience with Shortcuts Software.

Pros

I love how easy Shortcuts is to use. When I do have a problem, the support staff are very helpful.

Cons

I'm not a computer person, BUT Shortcuts Education Team made it easy for me to learn.

Heidi from Sharkeyscutsforkids

Shortcuts Software Review

Overall pleased with service. The ability to login and see appointments and have online booking has been very beneficial.

Pros

I like being able to login and see appointments and point of sale from home. I like the reports I am able to access. I like the online booking that is available for our customers.

Cons

I wish customers could book 2 or more appointments at same time in an easier fashion.

Kevin from Salon IQ

Great system!

Easy to customize appointments and services. Online booking is great and different log in securities are a plus.

Pros

Easy to maneuver and customize, the training sessions are great and super helpful, customer support is always quick to respond

Cons

Had issues with the second license that couldn't be worked out. Followed their instructions and spent money to have a direct line installed and it still didn't fix it.

Marcie from Salon elements

User

Some

Pros

The software is very user friendly and Easy to use when it works correctly

Cons

While being very complex The software has a lot of glitches

Not sure

Response from Shortcuts Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Marcie, We'd love to chat and see what we can do to make your experience with Shortcuts better. Please let us know the best way to reach you by contacting us via email at marketing@shortcuts.net, or calling directly at 714-622-6682. We hope to hear from you soon! -Christin

Jonathan from SHYN SALON

Industry: Cosmetics

Overall Review

overall is a great software, its easy to work with. but, when it crashes.. it crashes!!

Pros

Easy to learn and understand, confirmation text with clients.

Cons

Help desk, we wish it was quicker to get a hold of an agent.

Jeannie from Sharkey's Cuts for Kids

Feedback

Overall I am satisfied with my experience with Shortcuts Software and staff

Pros

User friendly and great customer service/help desk

Cons

Access via phone or remote desktop. Difficulty navigating remotely