• Pros

• "This product is easy to use, very user friendly"

• "Great to use for its functionality for billing purposes. Gets the job done with ease on our the leadership team."

• "This software is easy to use and understand. Reporting is easy to achieve."

• Cons

• "Have have several technical issues, but their tech support is readily available and easy to work with"

• "The function of adding or removing fee and charges can be a very confusing task within the software. Perhaps these functions could be made easier to use."

• "You have to "exit" from each customers account, and the "exit" button is on the far right of the menu, so you sometimes have to scroll just to be able to exit back to the main menu."

Browse El Dorado Utility Billing Reviews

James from Mariana Ranchos County Water District

Industry: Utilities

Try it, You'll never look back!

Our relationship with El Dorado has been a true friendship. Not just a vendor customer relationship. We honestly feel like they are part of our team, working towards our goals. They just feel like family.

Pros

The ease of which it integrates our daily workflow. From billing customers to receiving payments of all kinds. We recently started our AMR program with Itron. El Dorado stepped up and had us running in minutes. The technical support during the transition was above reproach.

Cons

As a user for over 10 years now, we really don't miss much. Anytime we have found something we think we might like, one call and it's usually implemented very shortly. It's almost like having your own IT department!

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

El Dorado wasn't the cheapest or the most full featured. I just got the vibe that they were as interested in my business as I was. I'm so glad I stayed with my gut feeling. It has been very rewarding!

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the 10 out of 10 review Jim its been great serving you !

Michael from Somerset Domestic Water District

Water utility software

A few learning curves, support assisted with walkthrough and troubleshooting set up. Very professional from sales to install and building accounts.

Pros

Very excellent customer service and sales. The software has learning curves, as with all software. Has all modern features, billing, water meter recording, link with tablet nice feature.

Cons

Tablet app should have an auto-transfer feature vs transferring the file.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Best GUI interface, best price, best support which all started with top tier sales! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are the best!

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Hi Michael - Thanks for your feedback. We are expanding the feature / functionality of our EasyReader mobile add and will be enhancing it to add a auto file transfer function, picture taking, GPS mapping and driving directions to the service address. Our sales team will reach out to review it with you.

Sandra from City of Medina

Sandy's review

Overall I feel it is a good product, there have been issues when we have added different options such as ACH, and most recently Radio Read, but they have all been taken care of.

Pros

The last upgrade done to the program was wonderful. It was one little thing, you can scroll on the Account Manager screen, chose a person, then when you return to the screen it stayed in the same place. There are many options when sorting your Account Manager Screen, very handy.

Cons

I feel the help screen could explain a bit better, such as, when reading a topic it tells you how to do the function but doesn't go on to explain what to do if it that doesn't work. I guess that is where customer service team comes in.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Thank for the review Sandra, we appreciate your comments on the ability to search and sort customers in your database as well as the integration to your ACH and radio reading provider. As for the help guide we are doing custom video recordings specific to your configuration so maybe that's a better option for you them reading the manual.

Carol from The Town of Marland

Marland City Clerk/Treasurer

See the above comments I made I think that pretty well sums it all up. Overall it's a good system!

Pros

Payroll I use every 2 weeks and its very user friendly I've never had any trouble entering the data with the ease of the time frame needed and accuracy.

Cons

The manual ugh! To me its very hard to understand. It leaves out the important steps that have to be taken to complete the task. It's vague to the details that your supposed to understand. I had 1 month of training on El Dorado before being left to do all the duties involved in my daily job. I found it easier to make my own manual with the steps I took to complete the task. I'm still making some revisions to my notes so that when and if I'm not elected to this position in April of this year, the person coming in will at least have my manual to follow so it should be easier for them from the start.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Hello Carol - We appreciate the high ranking on the ease of use of the software and the customer support. We can certainty help you with a customized workflow guide to help with your billing . We do try to keep the manual up to date and there is so many features and topics to cover so sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. We are always here to help so if you ever get stuck please give us a call.

Jeanne from El Dorado Mutual Water Company

El Dorado Utility Billing Software

I love the program and don't think I could run my business without it. I have always experienced wonderful customer service from the wonderful people connected to this company.

Pros

I do the bookkeeping for three small mutual water companies and this software allows me to switch between companies rapidly. It is easy to use and meets all my needs for billing and record keeping.

Cons

I have an older version of the program and it uses separate software (Crystal Reports) to compile reports. On this version, reports are not as easy to customize as I would like, but I'm sure that has improved in newer versions of the El Dorado Utility Billing software.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

The price was reasonable and they offered to convert my data from the program I had been using into the El Dorado database.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied November 2020

Jeanne - Thanks for the great review, we are glad the El Dorado program is working well for you and appreciate your business.

Jane from Buckeye Utility Billing Services - a division of Oakwood Management Company

Industry: Utilities

El Dorado Software Review!!

Eldorado is a great company, they know the ins / outs of the billing world and are able to assist you with any of your needs or requirements. The system / team members are very flexible when it comes to making things happen for you.

Pros

The software system itself is very user friendly, easy to adapt to your billing needs and easy to follow and set up customers for billing utilities. Having the on-line availability for customers to pay is a great feature also. The customer service is always there and available to assist in whatever it is.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike about the software in over 15 years.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

pricing was a key factor, but the availability and the accessibility of the software system itself is great to work with.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Thank you Jane we appreciate the great review and feedback. We have enjoyed working with you over the years.

Renee from Three Lakes Water Association

El Dorado Review

This software has been incredibly useful and we continually work with our customer support team to discover new ways to use it.

Pros

The reporting features make this software very useful and applicable for a utility company.

Cons

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Renee - Thank you for the high ranking and great feedback on our report. We appreciate the feedback on changing billing rates, this process comes usually comes in under a lot of scrutiny from water boards and the Public Utilities Commission. If you ever need assistance with rate changes just reach out and we would be happy to assist you with the changes.

Daniel from Midwest Water Operations LLC.

Industry: Utilities

Great. Takes a lot of stress off knowing El Dorado is watching out for our utility billing.

Pros

Cons

Cost can be considered a little high and sometimes tricky to move around the site. Hard to use for new users.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Hello Daniel - We appreciate the review and feedback and high ranking on our overall quality, customer support and ease of use. If your ever in need of training or have questions on the functionality please reach out - we have a fulltime helpdesk available to assist with any questions that you may have.

Lou from Town of Ralston

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Pros

Collecting all the information and being able to report back monthly for billing for our small town. Very impressed that if the internet is down, this software keeps going. Appreciate the time that the I.T. person takes to assist (used him a lot in the early days, but not as much now).

Cons

Printing receipts is impossible. The system shuts down, but able to get back on-line very easily.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

This was already here when I arrived last year.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Hello Lou, Thank you for the great feedback and glad the El Dorado application is working well for you. We recently found a problem with the Microsoft web printing interface for receipts and have a quick fix. Our support team will be reaching out to you to make this update.

Keith from Integrated Wastewater Management, Inc

IWM,Inc

Pros

the partnership with invoice cloud. Creative tech fir printing and mailing.

Cons

Business status page. Can not export today's payments to excel. Not able to switch between two account numbers with out reentering account#. EX: 100000 to 100000.01

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Hi Keith - Thanks for your feedback and your business. We absolutely can export the daily payments to excel. Our team will be reaching out to show you how it works and answer your questions on the account number search.

Gwen from Lander County Combined Sewer & Water District #2

Secretary

Now that I am familiar with the system I can run the program well. However, as an administrator, if anything were to happen we would have to pay to get a new person trained. There are other billing systems out there that do not require constant upgrades to keep the system at peek performance. I have to pay for that privilege and pay for upgrades as well as support.

Pros

The options, however If I want to use them I have to upgrade after paying thousands to begin with.

Cons

That I have to pay an annual fee for help. That I had no training when I first began, I have to pay extra for some of the features that were believed to be included.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2019

Gwen we appreciate your feedback and comments. I am sure you can understand the world of technology is constantly evolving and we do everything possible to keep our software up to date with the latest security patches and feature updates. We try everything we can do to keep our cost low and competitive. Unfortunately, we have to pass on the costs for our support staff, product enhancements and security updates to our customers. The benefit is you have a system that is supported with a first class team of professionals, you have a reliable, easy to use and fully functional billing system. We will certainly be glad to train you and your staff on the operation of the software so you can rest assure we are here to help. I will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you.

Akenya from Jasber Utility Services, LLC

My experience with the software has been good; however I would love to see some improvements.

Pros

The system pretty much does what we need it to do , but would like to see some new enhancements. The software is ok.

Cons

1) Currently changes that are made to a profile is not logged; I would like a log of some kind that would tell me who made a change to a particular field in the system for a particular customer profile. 2) I would love to see misc. adjustment post that can be issued to specific lines items; currently for example let's say I want to give a customer a credit to water or Sewer which is in fields A or B the system won't allow; credit that customers can actually see. 3) We would love for customers to see both Full statements along with shut/past due notices on invoice cloud or mirror the statement in IC format with info and lines on El Dorado statements. 4) Or at least add the notes that we add to the statement; We would like it to mirror the fields that appear on the paper statement. If these changes are not coming soon; I would like to get pricing on implementing them or if they are implemented and we are not aware; if someone could let me know.

John from River Park Utilities Management Association

Go for the full gammit

Human error is the #1 problem in utility billing. Whether it be from the meter reader or the data entry person mistakes happen; By utilizing Easy Reader and allowing it to interface with v10 those errors are almost completely gone.

Pros

The reporting of v10 is so much better than v9. The ability to communicate with add on software is great. Having a portal where employees can make payments online is a great way to adjust to the COVID curve. By utilizing the portal, I am able to save $500 monthly in credit card fees as the customer now pays the convenience fee.

Cons

I would like to scroll through account manager.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Individually, pricing was higher than the package deal offered by Creative. The fact Creative created all of the software they sell ensures proper communication between them.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied July 2020

John thank you for your review and kind comments. Every customer is important to us and we appreciate your business. We are pleased your utilizing all the features of El Dorado and our Intuity customer portal. We will keep innovating and improving so we can stayahead of the technology changes.

Diana from Sportsmans World MUD

Utility Billing Review

We are definitely happy with the Software and the support...although I wish we could call later in the day - due to time differences we may not get an answer during our working hours.

Pros

Ease of entering payments, adding new accounts. Reports. The support we get when we have the craziest questions!

Cons

When I enter payments, the last account entered does not remain on the screen. Instead it reverts to the very first account that was entered in that batch. I would like more flexibility in reports. And I would like to have the capability of totaling out a deposit when I am finished posting payments so the program would automatically go to the next batch. This is the most frustrating aspect---forgetting to number my batches.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2019

Thank you Diana, we have a new version of El Dorado that will address your concern regarding entering payments. Our sales team will reach out to schedule a demo with you.

Joanne from Dallas Creek Water Company

August 2016

Not the best time to change software for our company.

I greatly appreciate your time in presenting the new Version 9. Currently we are going through a rate case filing with the Public Uitilites Commission for new rates and have limited time now to delve into the software upgrade.

Pros

You seem to be constantly trying to stay current with customer technology demands.

Cons

The reports in the version 8 that I have to stay with are not very useful. The way that inactive accounts remain in the database for customized reports is time consuming to remove.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2016

Joanne - thanks for your comments we always appreciate the great customer feedback. As we have presented to you with our new version 9 we have made significant improvements to the system reports. We have added serval new financial reports to simplify end of period reporting for billing and collections. Hopefully you can get the PUC rate case behind you and move forward with newer technology to simplify your billing and collections.

Susan from San Luis Bay Mobile Estates, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

This has streamlined our process from reading meters to the end billing extremely well.

Greater level of efficiency. Less mistakes and there is less keying in/duplication. More confidence in our billing outcome.

Pros

The general ease and functionality of the program. This program has made our process of reading the meters, entering the data, creating invoices, etc. much quicker. What used to take approximately 4 days now takes less than 1 day.

Cons

Being able to utilize this software with QuickBooks which is our bookkeeping system would be the perfect scenario. I have to deal with deposits twice and as an HOA we should be using an accrual method of bookkeeping, but with this software I have to deal with payments and deposits through El Dorado, but have to then double enter some data into QB to have an accurate accounting/bookkeeping system.

Amrit from South East Water Management Services

Great Sfotware/Customer Service Support

I would sincerely recommend this system to anyone entering or working in the utility billing industry. We feel confident that the system is secure, reliable, and have ease of use to move along our business quickly. We were able to turn from signature of contract for services to bills being sent out in 10 days!!!

Pros

I have purchased this utility software based on price, features, and compnay providing services personnel. The product was easy to acquire and install. The private and personal overview of software was thorough, timely, and very informative. Further calls were made to clarify user procedures and immediate, instant attention was provided. Priority was placed onto our system at no extra charge. I look forward to expanding our system with the help of creative technologies and also feel secure that if and when we run into difficulties, we will have the support necessary to overcome issues quickly and effectively.

Cons

At this time we have not seen any cons other than we can not navigate from the account manager directly to the "print bill" tab. However, the system does allow us to enter mulitple invoices at one time to be billed. This issue maybe something that we are doing incorrectly at this time.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2010

Amrit - Thanks for the positive feedback on our El Dorado Utility Billing product. We have taken your suggestion into consideration and feel it would be a useful addition to our product and for many of our customers. We are in the process of implementing the new feature and will provide you the updated version shortly - let me add there will be No Additional Charge to your organization for this new feature ! Please let us know if there are any other new features or functionality you would like to see. We are always open to customer suggestions. Best Regards, From the Creative Technologies Product Development Team.

Tim from Cape Royale Utility District

Billing software review

Our experience in transitioning to your billing software has been good. The one thing that would really make it better is to be able to have more flexibility in generating custom reports. We tend to open the database with MS Access to generate custom reports.

Pros

We are not limited on the number of accounts we can create. Our previous billing software was limited with stepped pricing if we needed more account numbers.

Cons

Custom reports within El Dorado are not as flexible as we need them to be.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2017

Tim appreciate the feedback, we are always looking at ways to make the product better one of the items is on our list for our next release due out this year is to enhance the custom report features so stay tuned more innovation coming down the road...

GREG from KOSRAE UTILITIES AUTHORITY

Affordable, Easy to Use, Open Utility Billing Solution

Get access to the demo and try it yourself.

Pros

We recently purchased the El Dorado Utility billing system and found the installation to be very easy and straight forward. Before switching to El Dorado we looked at many billing systems and found many of them to be overly complicated, short on functionality and overpriced. Our old billing system was too complex to use and caused us frustration every we used it, our staff had to spend hours trying to figure out the most basic functions or to make simple changes. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. Creative Technologies added features and functionality in the product to satisfy our particular needs, the reports are accurate, flexible and provide the extensive details and we need to report back to the accounting department. The product is feature rich, rock solid and exceeds our requirements. We plan on expanding our system to bill both electric and water with the El Dorado Utility billing system.

Cons

I have no Cons.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2010

Greg Thank you for putting your trust into the Creative Technologies staff. I know that switching from an existing billing system can be time consuming and a learning curve. Change is never easy but knowing you have a team of professionals behind you makes the transition a whole lot easier. As we demonstrated we make every customer a top priority and hand hold them through the entire upgrade transformation process. Its very reassuring to know that our marketing and development staffs are in sync in making our products open, capable and affordable for our customers to use. We appreciate your business! L J - Creative Technologies President

REBECCA from DELTA RAIN INC

BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR 17 YRS.

Pros

CUSTOMER REPS! TWO OF THEM WERE THE NICEST PEOPLE AND ALWAYS READY TO HELP. THE REPORTING OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

Cons

1-WOULD LIKE DROP DOWNS TO SCROLL FOR ALL LISTS. 2-AN "UNDO" OPTION WHEN MAKING CHANGES TO AN ACCOUNT. 3-TO BE ABLE TO SORT CUSTOMIZED REPORT FIELDS IN THE ORDER I DESIRE. 4-IN CREATE STATEMENTS, HAVE THE BILL, DUE, LATE DATES SAVED BUT WHERE THE MONTH WILL CHANGE. IT ALWAYS REVERTS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SCREEN. 5-SAVE VARIANCE ALERT %. 6- NOT TO HAVE A PASSWORD TO LOGIN. 7- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: OPTION TO MAKE SCREEN WIDER WITHOUT SCROLLING OR NARROWING EACH COLUMN TO FIT THE ACCOUNT HISTORY PAGE FOR VIEWING.

July 2010

Dennis from Scottsville Water Distribution

July 2010

Affordable, Easy to use Utility Billing

We find this product to be Excellant

Pros

We have been using El Dorado for many years and recently upgraded to the version 7 Utility billing system and found Creative Technologies staff to go above and beyond our needs for the installation and support. We recently had a computer hardware crash and the Creative Technologies team was ultr-responsive and flexible to meet our needs when we needed them most. We choose Creative Technologies for their expertise in the industry and superior customer service. The new version is as simple to use as the old one with a whole lot more additional features, reporting options and nice graphical interface with large buttons for each program funtion. I would recommend Creative Technologies to anyone looking for a easy to use and reliable utility billing system.

Cons

We can think of none

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2010

Dennis - Thank you for your many years of customer loyalty, we are honored to support fine organizations like the Scottsville Water Distribution. You will be glad to know that we enhanced our support for Automatic Meter Reading devices to now include Infinity Meters as well as Itron, Badger, Neptune, Sensus, Datamatic, and Radix. Its customers like you that keep us focused on delivering world class customer service and support. We know that we have to earn your business every day, and continually measure customer satisfaction rates; we are driven to outperform the industry in customer satisfaction of product quality, support and ease of use. Our entire team of US based development and support teams takes customer feedback into everything we do. We hope that we can continue to support your organization for many years to come. Its a pleasure serving you The Creative Technologies management team

Amy from Cascadia Water

Industry: Utilities

Great upgrade from previous versions

It's made running reports much easier. There are so many ways to track individual customers.

Pros

The overall layout - all my customer accounts are right there in front of me, and I know exactly how to find them all.

Cons

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2019

Amy, Thanks for your feedback we have recently added new function to scroll across accounts without exiting to the main customer grid which I am sure you will like. Give us a call and we can discuss the new features.

REBECCA from DELTA RAIN INC

USEFUL CHANGES

HAVE BEEN USING PROGRAM FOR PAST 15 YEARS...............................................................................................................................................................................

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2016

Thanks Rebecca we appreciate the 15 yr loyalty to us and the El Dorado program.

Cassandra from Village of Germantown Hills

Easy to use, great support

The overall experience has been great. They were wonderful with implementation and our database import. The support team is quick to get back to you and very helpful.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, customizability, integration with Invoice Cloud

Cons

I would like to be able to do more with the late notices feature.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Cassandra - Thank you for the 10 out of 10 ranking. We so appreciate your business, it's been a pleasure to work with you over the years.

Linda from Town of Millport

Water Billing

The few problems I have encountered have been easily solved over the phone and did not take all day to accomplish. We even went from manually reading meters to radio read meters. The process to use this new function was easy and I felt that the company totally had me back with support.

Pros

This software is easy to use and understand. Reporting is easy to achieve.

Cons

I don't have a problem with any area of this software.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Was already in place when I was hired.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Linda thank you do much for the 10 out of 10 review. The team always enjoys working with you.

Laura from Village of San Jose

Village of San Jose

I am a very happy customer.

Pros

User friendly and excellent customer support.

Cons

Current version of software does not let me reverse payments.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Laura - Thanks for your feedback, I am sure you be glad to hear we enhanced the reverse payment option so now you can reverse any prior payment in the system and it also adds a audit trail of who made the change and why the adjustment was applied to the account. We will contact you to explain how to use this feature.

LIZZETTE from TOWN OF FOUNTAIN HILL

TOWN OF FOUNTAIN HILL

WHEN I TOOK OVER THIS JOB I HAD NO EXPERIENCE AND NO ONE TO TEACH ME. THE TECH STEVE WAS SO PATIENCE AND HELPFUL WALKING ME THROUGH AND EXPLAINING TO THIS POOR BRAIN CAUSE I WAS TOTALLY KINDERGARTEN LEVEL. I TOTAL LOVE STEVE TO BAD HE'S IN CALIF. OR SOMEWHERE BESIDE HERE. BIG THANKS TO THE PROGRAM FOR THE EASE OF THE SYSTEM

Pros

ALL LISTED AND DIRECTIONS SO EASY TO FOLLOW

Cons

NOTHING

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2016

Thanks for the kind words on Steve's support Lizzette. We appreciate your business !

Jean from West Brookfield Water Department

Program is very easy to use

Pros

Easy, Quickness to find a customer for customer service, easiness to edit program and correct issues. Like that you can search by name and account #.

Cons

I wish all adjustment would show up on adjustment list weather correcting amount, added charges or fees.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied June 2017

Thanks Jean we are always enhancing the system reports and will add this request to the list.

Kay from KNG Energy

Industry: Utilities

Software is very user friendly. Data is easy to read. Reports give good information.

We have used El Dorado Utility Software for about 10 years and have been very satisfied with both the software itself and the customer service we receive. The support group are highly professional and are there for us every step of the way. I would high recommend this billing system to anyone.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2017

Thank you for the great feedback Kay. We always enjoy working with you and your team !

VICKIE from Sarepta Water Works District

Industry: Facilities Services

QUICK AND EASY SOFTWARE!!

THIS SOFTWARE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT FOR OUR USES AT THE OFFICE. I AM NOT THE MOST COMPUTER SAVVY PERSON FOR SURE, BUT THIS HAS BEEN RELATIVELY EASY TO USE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM TO ANYONE. STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. THIS PROGRAM HELPS OUR OFFICE RUN MUCH SMOOTHER!

Pros

Easy to use.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2017

Thanks Vickie we always enjoy working with you and supporting your water billing needs.

Caroline from Arrowbear Park County Water District

Industry: Utilities

The utility billing software is uncomplicated and fairly easy to teach to other users.

I am not sure of any specific benefits I receive using this software but I find it user friendly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and customer support is on the West coast, which is helpful for our needs.

Cons

Latest upgrade made current meter read confusing ad after making customer support aware of this issue, no resolution has been given.

Patricia from Fairfield Municipal Authority

Industry: Utilities

Have used ElDorado software for 20+ years, and selected them when we were ready for new software.

Pros

Easily adjusted the program to suit our needs and the billing format that our customers were most used to

Cons

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied May 2017

Patricia - thanks for your 20 + years of loyalty to El Dorado. We are always here to help on any product questions.

Scott from Village of Brocton

standard review

Pros

Lots of options for creating reports even though they are not always easy to filter.

Cons

When generating a reprinted bill, you have to put in 5 separate dates every time. We have not been able to figure out a way around this even with help from our IT support.

Jean from West Brookfield Water Dept.

Company Review

I use this program daily at my office very easy to use, gives all the information I need.

Pros

Everyone that works for the Company is very friendly and helpful

Cons

Nothing to complain about. does everything I need

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the kind words Jean, we always enjoy working with you too.

Kendra from Timber Cove County Water District

Industry: Utilities

Billing is hard, creative technology tech support makes it so much easier

Stable program that produces nice statements and an excellent data base for customer information and usage.

Pros

Friendly service, El Dorado is a nice stable program with good well thought out features, it produces an easy to read statement and handy spreadsheets.

Cons

I have a hard time getting El Dorado and ICloud to synch regularly, I get a lot of error messages, the edit button automatically comes on when I am looking at a customers account and this makes it easy to change something by accident.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied June 2017

Kendra - thanks for the 10/10 recommendation and feedback regarding ways to improve the El Dorado product and online features.

Lindsey from City of Arabi

Easy to Use

Pros

This product is easy to use, very user friendly

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can say. This is the only billing software we have ever used.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Thanks Lindsey - we appreciate your business and years of support. The team is always here when you need us.

May 2012

Kellie from High Gabriel Water Treatment

May 2012

Great product with even better support!

Highly recommend this product to anyone who does utility billing. The product is great, but the support is first class. We love everyone on the team at Creative and all they have to offer. Michele has been wonderful to work with. We can't say enough great things about her customer service and willingness to meet our EVERY need! Thank you!

Pros

Customer support is unbeatable. Implementation and training is 5 star! All of our issues are addressed immediately. Our product feedback is always welcomed and often addressed with the next version. We love all of the features of the billing software and would highly recommend the product and the company to others.

Cons

There are some minor issues with the ease of use and some items that don't meet our needs, but we have some odd and somewhat complex billing scenarios. Most of these issues are under review and are being addressed.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied May 2012

Kellie, it has been a pleasure working with you and the staff at High Gabriel Water Treatment. You challenged our team several times to improve product functionality and simplify the billing processes, I am glad we have been able rise to occasion to meet your needs. It's customers like High Gabriel and our partnership with Invoice Cloud that helps us deliver a quality product and be a better company. Thanks for all your support. Leslie Jantzen - President

Debra from Franklin Township Municipal Authority

Review from Franklin Township Municipal Authority

Over the phone tech support was wonderful. Operator entered our program and I watched while they adjusted items that needed adjusted. Software worked perfectly after adjustments were made.

Pros

Cons

Nothing

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied August 2016

Debra, Thank you for the excellent feedback on our customer support we appreciate your business.

Caroline from Arrowbear Park County Water District

El Dorado review

Appreciate west coast customer support, my requests I have made have been fulfilled for a minimum coast (special issues), helpful customer support.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

no comment

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review Caroline, we always enjoy working with you and helping our customers simplify their billing.

Melany from Timber Cove County Water District

Industry: Utilities

Easy software and efficient for your business

Pros

The software is easy to use and extremely accurate. They also have a team to help you should you have a problem.

Cons

Up until recently I thought some steps could be eliminated and updated. I asked my rep and there is a new update for the program we will be getting and it looks awesome

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Thanks Melany we appreciate your business the team always enjoys working with you.

Jim from Village of Ogden IL

Good software at a good price

After installation was completed everything has been running well. I felt like some charges weren't discussed before the purchase, specifically regarding online pay. Granted, I didn't ask these questions until after the purchase but it would have been better to be presented with this information before purchase. Overall the cost is great, we halved our annual support services costs and it enables us to do ACH payments without any charge from El Dorado.

Pros

The cost was much lower than our current software and lower than other options we were looking at.

Cons

Customer service with setting it up was difficult. Our small town has one employee and works mornings only four days a week. The time zone difference between central and pacific left only a short time frame to troubleshoot issues with installation. It seems like the only had one person dedicated to setting it up so if she was busy we had to wait.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Very low cost, other good municipal references in the state of illinois.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Jim - Thanks for the feedback we certainly try to give the best value for the money and it seems like you shopped around and found our pricing model to be spot on. I am glad your taking advantage of our online customer portal to process ACH and CC payments. We find this is a #1 driver of new technology upgrades.

Jean from West Brookfield Water Dept.

Outstanding Customer Service

I have always been very have with the quick and very helpful Customer Service. Highly recommended company.

Pros

Cons

None

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied March 2017

Jean - Thanks for your support and great review, our #1 priority is customer service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Michelle from American Energies Gas Service LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

upgrading to V10 version

It was easy to upgrade. Everyone I spoke with was pleasant and professional and they knew their stuff. The total process did not take long at all. From when I signed the agreement to upgrade to downloading the program took less than 3 days.

Pros

It is on the same order as the old program I had. It was loaded onto my computer rather quickly and tech support is great. They got me set up and running.

Cons

That the email funtion does not work on the upgraded version.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

Upgraded billing program. The old program from 2013 quit working properly.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Hello Michelle - We so appreciate your 10 / 10 ranking and your right we intentionally keep the billing process the same as the older versions so that long term customers like yourself didn't have a learning curve when upgrading. As for the email function I believe you working with the team and got that resolved so that it's now fully functional with your move to Office 365 account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Robin from Mapleturn Utilities

User-friendly, and expert help

Pros

ease of sorting data, ease of correcting mistakes and tracking those entries, multiple standard reports access.

Jill from Public Water Supply Dist. No 2 of Saline County

Great Upgrade from old software

This software was a great upgrade to the outdated billing software we had. The help section is awesome as well as the programmer who is very responsive and knowledgable and willing to go above and beyond to help you.

Pros

Ease of use Functionality Customer Service and Help Section Constantly improving

Cons

Reports not as user friendly as I would like and the turn around time on getting the kinks out of a report. During conversion would recommend more training.

Kim from Village of Elk Creek

Would recommend this software

Overall this has been a great fit for us. I would recommend this software to any entity doing utility billing!!

Pros

For the most part I can do everything I need to do to bill our customers for electric, sewer, garbage, and water.

Cons

I have some customers that have more than one account. When I am entering payments, I would love it if I could just hit the next arrow to get to their next account. Currently I have to retype the whole next account #.

Reasons for Choosing El Dorado Utility Billing

It seemed to most closely match our needs for a reasonable price.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Kim thanks for the positive feedback on the software and the 5 stars on our customer service. You actually can scroll to the next account for the same customer if you search by name. If your searching by account number it will go to the next number in the logical sequence. We would be happy to show you how to do this if you need help.

Lexie from Mosheim Water Supply

Industry: Utilities

Pros

Very easy to get around and to do statements

Cons

We get an error in the billing history and it kicks us out of the system

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied February 2020

Hi Lexie - Thanks for your comments and review of El Dorado. Our records indicate your running a version of our software that's over 7 years old and we have lots of enhancements and new web based features for you to consider. Our support team will be reaching out to discuss your options and look at providing a solution for enhancing your billing history data.

Kristi from Avila Beach CSD

Utility Billing Software Review

Overall it is easy to use. The frustrating part is the reports don't memorize and the input for the reports are tedious to re-enter. It should run more like Quickbooks. The search features are horrible to work with. It never "finds" the name or address you are looking for. It glitches and at times does not send the email statements at all. You click all the right boxes and the emails don't send. I am frustrated on many levels on a daily basis. Thank you for asking for input. Quick Reports should be available in an instant. Nothing is more frustrating than having a customer wait for minutes for a report to be generated while they stand at your counter. I have almost memorized every account number in my system in order to "find" an account quickly.

Cons

"Find" feature is frustrating. Quick Reports are frustrating.

Michele from Village of Heuvelton

Mixed Feelings

It is an okay program but has much room for improvement

Pros

I like the format of the statements. Running statndard reports and creating statements is relatively easy.

Cons

Unable to customize reports. Can't easily reprint copy of last billing. Randomly kicked out of program for no reason.

Response from Creative Technologies

Replied October 2020

Hi Michele - We appreciate the feedback. We have been working with Tom your PC tech to get you upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 as many of the items you mention where due to the older Win 7 OS and the older version of El Dorado you where running. We are working with Tom to make sure everything is compatible and now working properly. We will reach out to schedule a time to show you El Dorado version 10 loaded with new features. I am confident you will be impressed.

Debbie from Moro Mutual Water Co

Industry: Utilities

Have been using the software for a number of years & am extremely satisfied with it

Helps me get my job done quickly and it's easy to refer to when customers have questions.

Pros

The support is fantastic. They're very responsive and helpful with solving my problem quickly. I haven't had to contact them lately because the program was so easy to learn and the problems are rare. The last time I contacted them was for an update - which was great!