• Pros

• "Easy to use and to set up. GREAT customer service!"

• "I like this software and it is easy to use and fairly inexpensive. The grooming appointment book is easy to use from my phone. "

• "This look of the site is amazing and ease of use for salon is great."

• Cons

• "Could support the abiltity to do daily tasks more easier for groomers. Ie too many steps needed to add a note. Tech support is quite difficult to get in australia"

• "I would like to be able to review my boarding appointments and make boarding appointments from my phone. It can't be reviewed easily right now. "

• "Some of the information pages could be condensed so you don't have to click around as much to look for things."

Browse 123Pet Groom Reviews

Elainy from E & D Home & Office Cleaning Services

For pet sitters this is a great app

Great absolutely great this is a great way to make sure you have all the appointments and your services set up for your next pet friendly clientele

Pros

This is the must have platform if you work with animals. You have different packages to choose from and you have payroll options etc available for you 24/7 you dont have to worry about appointments since you will automatically receive reminders for you upcoming events

Cons

No cons about this platform, it's easy to use. Easy to set payroll and no more long nights typing numbers down this does it al for you

Hanna from Gold Paw, llc

Great CRM for pet grooming

I love 123 pet groom, only thing missing is a digital agreement. I love that this software could easily grow with me as my business becomes bigger.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to navigate and integrate into your every day. I have the credit card processor through cardpointe integrated in 123 pet groom also and it has worked very smoothly and beat my bank merchant service pricing. During hard times of getting started they waved my monthly fee instead of my having to cancel and it helped keep me going! I love that I can book online and automate responses or emails to clients, it helps with busy work and avoid the need to hire.

Cons

The interface changes depending on the device you're using so it take a few minutes to get used to but nothing substantial. I login in my laptop, phone and tablet. I would LOVE to see the ability to have a digital agreement! I'm mobile so carrying around paper agreements is a headache especially for events I run. I also think it would be better for file retention. I would also like to be able to have more control of my online booking page, with more customization rather than just the looks of it. I'd like to customize the questions or number of pets they can add to the request etc.

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

I had experience using 123 pet at a previous employer and knew I liked the reports it offers and navigation of the software.

John from Doggy Den

Bad to worse

I picked this software because everyone said it was easy to use. I needed something easy for my coworkers and boss. We went from hand written everything to a computer. I was supposed to be the one to get everyone on board. Unfortunately this software has caused numerous problems. On average we 5-6 random appointments show up that 123 pets sent reminders for but we have to appointment on record. It’s glitchy and messy. There is no rhyme or reason to any of this. It’s also extremely expensive! Although they are willing to reduce some of the rate once in a while because by their own admission, the software is bad. Or “untested”. It feels like they started from scratch and they’re selling a beta version of incomplete software as if it’s ready to go. Seriously DO NOT buy this software! Biggest regret!

Pros

Anytime I call in to customer service the techs tell me they know the software is bad. It makes me kind of laugh.

Cons

Company will send out random updates that crash the system. Zero timelines given out to clients for fixing the problems. Ease of access of client information on calendars and dashboards is redundant and lacking. (Why not show a phone number with the client name? Also why swap around the pets name with the clients first name. Software cannot consolidate multiple pets with different groomers. People are double charged if not done one at a time. Software creates duplicate time slots for employees which crash the system and make random appointments disappear from the calendar. Adding availability to the schedule is nonsensical. Booking availability for an employee M-F in one step is impossible. This issue makes it easy for the overlapping of availability frequent and causes appointments to also disappear. The system cannot consolidate duplicate accounts. You have to go though and “archive” the client and pet. Archived Clients May still be scheduled, which is a nightmare. Daycare and boarding doesn’t work and hasn’t worked for over a month. They say they’re working on it. -again zero timeframes Customer support can’t really do anything to help out. They just apologize and say that the software is bad. Nearly every single time I’ve called it’s been this way. The software doesn’t recognize a first name or last name. But it recognized (Last name, First name). Now without a comma the name won’t pull up.

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

Was talked into it by a 123 pets rep.

Taylor from Three Tails Parlor and Pantry

Three Tails Review

We used PetDesk for over a year, they ended their grooming segment of their software and we were referred by our sales rep to try you all.

Pros

It is specialized to the pet industry. I also like the marketing feature with the ready templates

Cons

Just a few additional steps to send customers message their pet is ready and to schedule their appointments. There is no application for customers to have on their phone to request appointments

Price and features

Crystal from Barky Mountain Grooming

123Pets

I like it but there are some very easy fixes to make it more user friendly.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and payroll is easy.

Cons

There is no space for additional people in the household to have contact info, there is not place for legal forms that we need to have on file. I can't hover over an appointment space and see the time... sometimes we book at the wrong time because we have so many people on the schedule.

Paloma from Prancing Paws Ottawa

Best Service

Pros

Easy to use software, and amazing customer support

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about the software at all.

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

Better data management and resources. Also more affordable

Vanessa from Scrubby Dubby Doggy

123 is great

the system is great but help line is hard is not good

Pros

the software is great completely for the pet grooming industry so it offers everything you need to run a business!!!

Cons

we purchased the POS all in one system and there are very little instructions on the POS system. i cant figure out how to reverse or cancel a transaction. the customer service line is terrible... no matter what number you push it always says the 'extension you reached is busy now' and hangs you up... after like the 3rd call i can finaly get some one on the phone but no one has been able to help me or provide training/guidance on the POS system. i was told to call card point when i did they said it was the 123 software people that needed to help me not them they only do credit card set up and the 123 people seem to have no clue of how the OPS system works...

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

it had all the features i needed, the POS system and price was good

Victoria from Coco's Paws

Delivers for the right price

123Pet is my business manager. I could not run by myself without it. I am not a very technical person and i was able to figure it out immediately. The price is also right for me.

Pros

how current with my business needs is. how user friendly. easy to read and schedule.

Cons

i have not found anything that it's missing.

Lisa from The Laundromutt LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Best of any grooming/boarding software I’ve ever tried

I’ve off and on used this software for 6 years. I’ve been a salon manager for a certain corporation, at a family owned boarding business, and now my own. And it’s just the best value for your money!

Pros

I love how thorough it is. When it comes to scheduling, client info, etc. this is hands down the best one I’ve ever used.

Cons

A few glitches here and there with multiple client stuff. But I figured it out! Also sales people aren’t my thing. And (random) when I first purchased this product, I was told I got a gift card to Starbucks, only to not get any gift card, then when emailing that I was confused I got zero response.

Erica from House of Paws Grooming

Industry: Cosmetics

Overall pretty happy

Overall I’ve been very please the system is easy and customer support has been helpful

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and there reminder text and emails

Cons

There are a couple featchers that need to be fixed for the moble version at are distracting like not being able to check out 2 dogs from the same family at the same time and that in order to put birthdays and vaccinations in you have to physically go back through every month of every year. Which is just crazy if you have a 14 year old dog

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

It seemed like the best option for me

Cherrie from Dog In A Tub

Best I've found!

Rep called to check up on me and let me know rep had moved up and he was there to help anytime I needed it. The staff in all areas are just wonderful. Everyone has always listened to what's going on and has directed me in what to do. They have taken my suggestions down for things that would help my unique situation and given me a process to use until new features come out to get things done. I looked a several different types of software but yours, hands down, is the best! I love it. It let's me do everything I need to in all the areas of my business. Thank you for creating such a wonderful system. Can't wait to see how you improve things.

Pros

It's really easy to use and not that hard to figure out.

Cons

The one unique thing I need is the ability to create a long term boarding ticket that allows me to go back to it and add payments into it and show the date and amount paid and it deducts it from the amount owed. Not a subscription type or monthly thing like say Massage Envy does. And it's nor a prepaid service. Example I currently have going on... I'm boarding a dog and have been for 5 months (for a veterinarian getting her house) I wanted to set up the long term all at once. She agreed to a certain amount each month. Paid by-weekly, usually. And we add in a bag of food to the ticket when needed and she pays that too. I need something where I can do that type of thing and it send her a courtesy reminder that a payment is due and what date and the amount. And would be really wonderful if there was a link on it for her to make a payment right then and it logs it to my system automatically. Then sends her a paid invoice for the payment. It's a situation I've seen before in a Kennel situation and I think would be beneficial in the future. I know I'll need it again.

Jason from Magnolia Paw Spa

It's polished but flawed-obviously not created with input from the grooming world.

We are a medium volume, upscale grooming salon with six employees. When we opened four years ago, we computerized the clip card client list of an old salon. They have decent customer support and It's fairly easy to use, but there are some very frustrating "quirks" that should have been addressed in updates years ago. 1. Like many salons, we have a number of dogs that drop off at the same time in the morning. The calendar does not allow the schedule to reflect this and creates confusion. 2. Everyday we have at least one client with multiple pets, but if they are assigned to two different groomers, you are unable to drag and drop the appointment. Also, it won't let you schedule them for the same time slot. 3. Because the SMS appointment reminders automatically use the time scheduled on the calendar and not the actual time the client drops off, this feature is useless. 3. There's no third party pos integration, therefore we must keep two sales registers and reconcile them daily. 4. Their cloud based system and app is a useless 5. Ditto for the QuickBooks "integration" that is not included in the monthly price.

Pros

Polished

Jessica from The Dog Salon

Long time client!

Ive been a client for 11 years! I have a salon location as well as a mobile grooming salon! The software in salon is very easy to use and helps keep us organized. They have continually improved over the years. I tried using the mobile swiper for my mobile grooming side and had nothing but issues. That however is run through their partner company, Open Edge. I have always received great customer care when calling 123 Pet and we like the software! I would recommend it. I was hoping to recommend the mobile swiper as well but would advice others to go with an Apple Square reader instead. I really appreciate the help I got from Annie throughout the past week while trying to get my problem resolved. She was very easy to talk to and helped me communicate with Open Edge. THANK YOU SO MUCH ANNIE!

Pros

Easy to use and to set up. GREAT customer service!

Cons

Their partner company, Open Edge. Rates are outrageous, customer care lacks immensely.

Liz from Peninsula Pups Doggie Daycare

The more they update the worse it gets!

Pros

We have been using this software for over seven years. It was perfect when we first bought it in 2011. It was easy to use and worked exactly how we needed it to work. This is no longer the case and it is now costing us time and money instead of saving it...

Cons

Most of our customers have standing reservations for daycare and also buy packages. You can no longer schedule out their reservations and pull from their package. It counts future dates against the package so you cannot add an additional day if requested and pull from the package. It charges them full price and there is no way to change it unless you start deleting future days and then it just becomes a nightmare. Scheduling is the main function of this software and it does not do what it needs to do to run a successful daycare! So now we have to manually re-enter every single appointment every single day (over 60 dogs/appointments per day). What used to take 15 minutes now takes over one hour. Now this week it suddenly is showing that customers have negative days so it is no longer alerting us that the customer has used up their package and are due for a new one! That is money out the door!! Also, basic things like viewing tickets used to be so easy and now you have to make numerous clicks just to get to what you want to view. Even though we just paid for an upgrade, we are researching other software companies and are willing to pay again for one that works. The stress of switching over to a new software program is worth not having to deal with the every day stress of 123 Pet! We have been using this software longer than their reps have worked there and know more about it than they do, so they're of no help. We do not recommend this product, look elsewhere!

Response from 123Pet Software

Replied May 2018

We' sorry to hear that you've had a problem. It does look like you have not completed the free maintenance updates released for your version. These include bug fixes and feature improvements. We did make changes to the way packages are implemented due to many requests. We're sorry that this change negatively impacted your operation. Our Customer Support Specialist has reached out to you to see how we can be of further assistance.

Amber from Wagz Pet Market

Great for groomers!

Overall I great way for groomers to keep track of info and communicate with their clients. Has so many helpful features and they are always improving.

Pros

123 Pet makes my life as a groomer so much easier. It has so many options for recording important info that I need on a daily basis. It also has texting and email reminders and marketing options which save me so much time since I don't have to manually call people. I also really love the new text ready for pick up feature. It has been a lifesaver!

Susan from Smoochie Pooch

123Pet Groom

Overall I'm fairly satisfied. There are a few quirks that we have experienced, but the customer service team is AMAZING and wonderful to work with. They do their best to solve our problems and to also help get new features added to expand the usefulness of the software to our company.

Pros

The Calendar display. It's very straight forward and I like the Show options.

Cons

Color coding is difficult. You have to walk through a lot of hoops and you are limited to what all you can do if you need to color code salons and mobile units. I also wish the title tabs above each column had two text lines instead of just one. Very limiting.

Nancy from The Whole Cat and Kaboodle

123Pet is the only software that fits our business model of grooming, boarding and retail.

It's the only software that addresses all of our business needs. Clear and easy to use.

Pros

Pretty user friendly. Really works well for the retail end of our business. We really like that the system automatically sends out appointment reminders.

Cons

Reports are really hard to create. You can't look up the sales for just one item. The thing that bugs me the most is that I can't get the schedule on my phone. I have downloaded the app, but there are so many changes required for how we book appointments that it just doesn't work for us. At least I am paying extra for that!!

Michal from Head to tail pet spa

Growes with yur buisness

Showes us performance evaluations so we can offer bonuses. Encuraging employees to work and have fun

Pros

All inclusive features you can use or not as you want. We went from csrds doing grooming only to booking weeks in advance, redused canceled or missed appointments, and now we sell products also.

Cons

Some times it seems like there are many windows you need to go threw for each client. But once you are used to it there really isn't. I want a window to pop up to remind me to ask the client if they want an emailed recept or to rebook

Emily from Cutie Paws Grooming

Easy to keep up with clients and requests

123Pet Software gets the job done but can get extremely laggy even with a good computer and internet connection, but if you can look past that its a wonderful tool for any animal service business while not being overpriced.

Pros

123Pet software is an absolute must for any animal related business, we currently use it at our dog grooming business and it has taken a huge load off of filing paper forms for every client, of which there are 900+. The software is easy to use and does a great job of keeping things organized.

Cons

123Pet Software is constantly laggy and sometimes completely unresponsive which can be extremely annoying during the busiest part of the day when I have 5 clients trying to drop off their dogs for grooming and the system is not helping. Other than that huge issue I have no complains with the software.

Alea from Wagz Pet Market and Grooming

There are no real problems. I love this software!

Pros

I like the app, you can look at your schedule and make changes if need be or pretty much do most of what you can do on the computer software. This software eliminates the need for anything else organizational-wise at work. You can figure payroll, schedules, commissions, proficiency, send reminders, etc.

Cons

The app is very slow if you are trying to reschedule a client.

Kim from The Paw Spa - Grooming by Kim

Industry: Writing and Editing

Excellent business deci

The convenience of having all my customers organized in one software program that communicates with an app. The fact that I can make appointment seven days a week and look at my schedule anytime I want is an excellent convenience!

Pros

I love the convenience of having the software work with the app. I also appreciate the convenience of the text and email reminders.

Cons

Occasionally I'll have somebody's email show as invalid when the email address given is a regularly used email.

heather from Groom Zone

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

He called me to inform me of the survives that this program can provide for my business. The text option to remind my clients of appointments i did not know i pay for that in my package. So he helped me set that up, awesome. also we talked about email reminders that i opted out of. we also set up my phone for mobile trial for 30 days. also we set a date for him call me in 2 weeks to check on how things are going. I greatly appreciate that. very Nice to talk and work with thank you.

Pros

all

Cons

credit card options

Robin from Bark Place

Very user friendly

Pros

It has all of the functionalitty we need to run a grooming and retail business simultaneously. My customers really appreciate the email reminders for their grooming appts.

Cons

What I like least is not specific to the software. I am not hapy at this point of being locked into a relationship with one credit card processing company which charges higher percetages on transactions than others I have been approached by-

Laci from Dog-a-holick LLC

Online booking is out dated

If it wasn't time consuming I would switch to another scheduling program. That is more user friendly, for my team, and my clients to book appointments. I have been looking for a new program for years. But I just don't have the time to move all my clients, and information to a new one.

Pros

It's easy to use once you figure it out. Customer support I always have luck with them.

Cons

It is way over priced. The online booking is VERY outdated. Along with the text message reminders. There should be an option for people to cancel or reschedule from their emails or text reminders. They really need to up date to more of a service like Booking or Timetap.

I used it before.

Jessica from Fetch-A-Groomer

I'm mobile and it been working good for me.

My customers are easy to file and I can add info on the go. I've been able to keep track of the history of appointment and payments.

Pros

I like the mobile app. I like the easy to use system, it's simple. I like the auto messages and emails.

Cons

I wish it was made for mobile groomers. I believe you guys are getting closer to accomplishing that.

Jennifer from Magnolia's Pet Grooming

Industry: Veterinary

123Pet is easy to use, and with all of the functions, it has eliminated the need for other software.

Peace of mind, time saver, makes everything about running a business so much easier!

Pros

The automatic reminder texts have been a god send. It eliminates having to call ourselves, which saves so much time!

Cons

The newsletter feature is very difficult and inconvenient to use. When setting up a newsletter to send out, if we also need to set up an appointment, or do anything else with 123Pet, we have to do a bunch of things in order to close out to open what ever else we need.

Sherry from Klassy K9 & Sassy Kat Resort & Spa

Easy to use!

Aimee from Aimee's Grooming Boutique

Headache, Waste of Money and Time

Disappointed, frustrating, stressful. Now have to switch to another company.... That will cost more time and money! On top of training for a new software. Not a happy customer and product user!

Pros

Price, mobile and tablet friendly, pricing based on company size and features needed.

Cons

Tech support is never able to resolve issues, app or direct web version always has glitches, lost weeks worth of inventory data I input months ago (inventory randomly disappeared) without explanation or reasoning. Email compaigns get "bugs" tech support will tell you to just make a new one. Not reliable product at all. Time spent dealing with 5 separate issues in 1 week is time wasted for clients and business. Lost sale today because I could not check out a retail CASH sale! Very frustrating to say the least.

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

After doing initial phone interview, free trial, testing product (my first software purchase for business) I was using Outlook for scheduling and paper records for clients. I wanted to go paperless to save time, paper and money (less time spent copying, printing, filing, writing ECT). Referred by other user.

martin from k9BayGroomers

I have use the software for almost 4 years and I have always get the support and service I need

excellent costumer service friendly and professional technical support and a great tool to my business

Pros

very reliable and easy to use with excellent costumer service and technical support 123 pets is the hearth of my business I get flawless results

Ashley from Riverbanks Pet Resort

Sufficient for a pet resort

Pros

This software covers all aspects of our business (boarding, grooming, and retail), and is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Customizing the free website included in our subscription has been a bit of a challenge.

September 2016

Crystal from The Groom Room

September 2016

Needs work

Tried online booking for over year and eventually had to give up. To bad they can't update to fix problems

Pros

This look of the site is amazing and ease of use for salon is great.

Cons

Unfortunately this system will add clients as new client to existing database if the client doesn't put in the exact same information that is in the database already , causing groomer to have to search through database for notes on pet and causing false reports. Giving clients their own code to input instead of all their info would help this. Also, Clients with multiple pets have a difficult time booking as the "plus" sign is small. Should add "additional pet" button allowing for that pets name and service to be added. If that client has 6 dogs but only wants to book for 2, the salon has no idea which pets they are booking for. I spent 30 minutes every morning trying to fix clients appointments. :( Also, overbooking large dogs was a problem. Having a limit amount for groomers to accept would be nice. I just had to add "large dogs must be booked by phone"

Chris from Pawbypaw dog grooming

Excellent product but could be easier to use.

Pros

The software supports allot of features and is quite easy to use. I love the abiltily to customise to suit what we need.

Worth your money

customer service is awesome and they help with any issue you have.

Pros

quick to setup appointments. ability to assign different groomers appointments

Cons

there is a glitch that removes dogs appointments so people show up unexpectedly and it unexpectedly crashes and we have to restart it

Vanessa from Dirty Dogs

Industry: Veterinary

Used to be a great program

It used to be a great program 5 years ago, but I can't really say the same anymore. I tried their cloud version recently, but that was a nightmare.

Pros

This used to be such a great program, however, recently it has gone downhill tremendously. I'm not sure if it's change in management or something, but a lot has changed and it hasn't been positive changes. I am required to upgrade my version again or else they are going to stop supporting it, so I've been looking elsewhere.

Cons

The remote access is always down. The support staff isn't very helpful. I have been paying for support for the past 3 years and they haven't really answered any of my questions. They are adding features, but they never seem to work. Also, I never know how much my bill is really going to be that month.

Tarah from The Lakeside Groom Room

Simple, easy to use, cost effective

Save time sending appointment confirmations and reminder, less no shows, ability for customers to self book appointments and software designed for my industry. Customer service great and an early I had was resolved quickly and fairly.

Pros

Online booking portal and ability to customise.

Cons

No ability for customers to sellf modify appointments

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

Better functionality included in base package

Rayna from Rayna's Groom Room

123pet rocks

123pet has simplified my daily operations. I don't need a bulky file folder for each client and I love that I can use it on my cell when I am traveling

Pros

I love the automated reminder emails and text. I also love the ready for pick up text

Cons

I wish it was free to connect to quickbooks

better value

April 2016

Mike from The Aquarium Pet Shop

April 2016

Long Term 123Pet Customer wondering about going forward

We went totally computerized 3rd Qtr 2010 with 123Pet. We have 3 computer locations with the POS package. Our 2000 sq ft shop is predominately pet and supply retail sales with grooming available. Over time, we have had our doubts over the accuracy of the 123Pet program when used for retail sales, inventory etc. In particular, when the year end inventory matches exactly with the pre and post inventory count, I have my doubts. We need to up grade something here now, as the computer system we purchased in 2010 was shipped with Windows XP, which as you know is no longer supported. I am frightened beyond words when I see the current 123Pet pricing schedule and the additional prospect of having to purchase 3 computers in addition to the 123Pet software. I only have 4 employees but to have payroll and 3 computers in our shop, 123Pet wants us to have the second from the top tier software program. Now don't get me wrong, 123Pet has taken good care of us over the years, I'm just concerned about the wisdom of going forward with them again. Are we best suited to be business partners?

Response from 123Pet Software

Replied April 2016

Hi Mike! A member of our team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. Thank you.

Gavin from The Yuppy Puppy, LLC

Used for 4 years, Never again

The list is too long, and I don't have time because I am trying to fix this systems disastrous mess it's created with no help from 123 pet at all, but many wasted hours discussing the problems over and over again with tech support (which you have to pay extra for, and have to explain the problem over and over again to different staff). The system worked "ok" when we were small, but now, it's an absolute joke. PS, if you're considering this for it's ability to connect to Quick Books, DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! Your better off manually entering everything.

Pros

The scheduling is ok

Cons

Inventory, receiving, purchasing, quick books connect, POS system, Ease of use, Non cloud based inventory (they have the cloud, but it's basically just for scheduling)

Sam from Starpups grooming and daycare LLC

Very pleased

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software! I love how quick technical support is to help if and when there is a problem or something I don’t understand.

Cons

The medical section when you save the dates of vaccines sometimes the dates disappear so I have to save it close out go back and check that it saved before I toss the vet records...

Gloria from A Fur Stylist

Works fine for our small shop-may have to add a computer when we hire more help

reports, ease of appointment setting or changing,

Pros

Ease of use-we are a two person shop, so it's fairly easy to keep track of everything Like the reports-easy to track our increase in the business

Cons

For now, if one person is making an appointment, the other has to wait. At some point we'll probably add another computer, but we had to be frugal when we started

Hannah from Wagz Pet Market

Easy to use software for appointments

Pros

It's very easy to search for pets and owners, it's easy to check dog's notes as well as check out, and it functions pretty easily overall.

Cons

There isn't a lot that I dislike about it. The only thing is that sometimes if the days are too long it's a little hard to book dogs as it won't let you scroll all the way down.

Tim from Essenital Grooming

Industry: Veterinary

The more I use the software the more I find it limiting

The groomer world is not very technical... so maybe it makes sense that the software architecture seems about 10 years behind what is currently being used in other industries.

Pros

It's relatively bug free..................

Cons

The software architecture is old - I pay for the pro which is a local install on a primary pc. The online access is not to a hosted solution, it connects back to the primary PC in the shop... for all functions. If you power done the PC to save energy the appointment reminders are not sent. Maybe look into AWS services to expand your capabilities. Online access with the pro version is designed for employee access, not the owner. I have limited functionality to perform business administration tasks... I have to go to the store to export reports to excel so I can finish the task remotely. Why would you do that? The owner pays for the software... Once an appointment reminder has been sent, if you move the appointment the confirmation indicator does not reset giving you a false report of a confirmation. I'm assuming this is not a bug but a failure in logic.

Response from 123Pet Software

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review Tim. Yes, you purchased a client/server architecture, which does function as you described (namely the server has to be on to be accessed). We also have thousands of customers on our cloud based systems, which function differently, and are run on AWS.

Anne from Moustaches et Cie

Does the job we need it to do.

Pros

I love having the customer info on the computer. It's a lot easier to have more detailed files. Invoiced have more details and we can send automatic reminders to customers. It's a lot less work for us. Just love the online booking feature

Cons

It's hard to master and the online training videos are poor quality so it's hard to teach employees. Was disappointed that I couldn't modify the email message going out to customers who book online. Was able to modify our replies but not the initial one. The company is in Quebec Canada and we are obligated to have everything in French. We can send bilingual but only English could get us fined. Just taking a chance now.

February 2015

M from The Clean Dog, Inc.

February 2015

Poorly Designed for Pet Care Industry

This is a hair salon industry product trying to apply to the pet care industry. It is is impossible to use for quick and easy reservations for grooming, boarding and daycare. Check-in/check-out for products and services must be done by assigned groomer or handler. So if you have multiple services and locations, scheduling must still be done by the handler or groomer or by source. Scheduling by source (boarding, grooming, etc.) is a problem because you can't allocate resources at check-out. For example, if you had a pet board and a groom, you can't easily distinguish the two at check-out to give your groomer commission, you have to go back and still create the appointment for the groomer! Advertised features are actually "add-ons" for additional fees, $5.00 for 1000 emails, 10 cents for every text message, fee for remote access, etc. Customer service was always a wait and repeatedly had to leave messages. While we did receive callbacks, it was very frustrating because we couldn't get immediate answers and it further delayed our conversion. The sales staff encourages you to sign-up immediately because the 30 day free trial will not give you full access to all of the features of the program. And in fact, the program offers a 30-day return, but it takes longer than 30 days to convert to full use. When I cancelled the service, the sales staff was very nasty. No one asked what they could do to remedy my concerns and keep me as a customer. Furthermore, I called two days after a new billing cycle and they refused to refund my money. They told me that I should have cancelled within the first 30 days. If you believe that you can tell a lot about a company in their behavior when you have difficulty or a complaint, then believe that 123Pet Software does not care about the end user's success or experience with their product.

Anchalee from Pawz N' Style Inc.

Good service

Staffs being very helpful. And the program is easy to use. A lot of functions, cover for grooming and retail.

Pros

Easy to use.

Deanne from Paws-n-claws pet grooming

So far best software I have used

Pros

It's easy to use my workers love it we use it daily my clients love that they are able to book on line at anytime of the day

Cons

That you have to leave the main computer on to run phone app some days my clients don't get the reminder for up coming appointment

Overall good program

I liked using this software but there are now new ones available that do the job better and at a lower price.

Pros

The marketing part for email campaigns was good. Automatic reminder feature too.

Cons

It's over complicated and hard to learn to navigate through. Missing key reports. Cost was high but customer service was good.

Britt from Snazzy Dog Pet Grooming

123pet groom

Pros

Ease of use. Online booking. Number of features.

Cons

Not any that I have come across as of yet.

Dan from Vanity Fur Pet Spa & Grooming, LLC

Vanity Fur Pet Spa & Grooming

Customer service is great. Dislike they took away functions that we used regularly. Hate that we have to use Card Connect.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent. Relatively easy to use.

Cons

Features and functions. Some features in the older software were taken away that were that were used regularly. Example, can no longer use priority notes or add coupons. This is a source of frustration and we wish they would bring those functions back.... Also, we can only use Card Connect for the hardware. Card Connect has been a nightmare to deal with.

Laura from Critter Clips

Good product

The overall experience has been very good. I don't use all of the features but the ones that I do use work well.

Pros

Adding clients and pets is easy as is moving appointments.

Cons

There are a lot of small quality-of-life issues that would make this product perfect. They are very tiny issues but have a big impact when they're all pull together. It'd be nice to be able to look at the whole month on one page. It would also be able to nice to be able to send receipts via text.

Reasons for Choosing 123Pet Groom

When I did switch they gave me a reduced price.