• Pros

• "Beautiful software Great support Heaps of features Easy to use"

• "Easy to learn / intuitive, packed with features, customizable, great support so far"

• "I love that ezyVet is very customizable, easy to navigate, and integrates with tons of third party applications. I love that it's in the cloud and I don't have to deal with servers anymore."

• Cons

• "The only con has been the learning curve - the software can do so much that it can get a bit overwhelming. But this is easily addressed by the fabulous customer support."

• "It is so feature rich, but really lacks on the help guides to allow you to implement all the features on your own. Spend a lot of time reaching out for help"

• "Conversion was hard, but the team helped a lot. It can be slower at times than a locally hosted solution, but that is getting better all the time."

Browse ezyVet Reviews

Genel from Veterinary Dental Services, LLC

EzyVet is great!

Utilizing ezyVet along with Smartflow has really helped to capture fees and ensure we are not losing income due to medical record keeping errors.

Pros

Being able to customize the software and use it to my needs was very important to us.

Cons

The set-up process takes a lot of time but is worth the effort. If you put in the time and energy your go-live day will be much smoother.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

I chose ezyVet over other available cloud-based softwares because of how customizable it is and the excellent reporting features.

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the great review, Genel. It's great to hear that you are enjoying the switch to ezyVet and the benefits of a strong partner ecosystem. We have some really exciting new developments in the pipeline, which will bring real value on the coal-front, so watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

Stephanie from Veterinary Specialty Care

EzyVet Software

ezyVet staff is great! Super helpful. Implementation was good. Staff is knowledgeable

Pros

We really like the referrals letter. The way they look, how we are able to customize the letters. We also like the feature of sending records to rDVM's online portal via rVetLink. It is easy to use, once you get familiar with it

Cons

We wish everything had the "chains" to be able to get to the portal. Biggest example would be communications. We send everything to rDVM's and it would save so much time if we could just turn the "chains" green and they would send automatically. Also, there are several different spots to put the same information. Again this relates to communications. If everyone is not on the same page, communications can be put under different tabs and different spots within the same tab. And not all these areas communicate with one another so it can make it difficult to find communications

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

It seemed to be targeted more towards specialty

Dana from Star of Texas Veterinary Hospital

EzyVet is easy to love

EzyVet has made our day-to-day processes easy and quick. We have freed up our team's time with automated tasks in EzyVet. Our reminder system is integrated which means we can finesse the reminders just as we want them. Changes are immediate and there is no more baby-sitting a server!

Pros

User friendly, lots of support, software updates are appropriate and helpful, cloud-based

Cons

Updating sales templates and containers requires quite a few steps to get everything updated. Inventory is also step-heavy. Onboarding was well thought out but still harder than expected.

David from Comal Pet Hospital

Look elsewhere

This has been one of worst softwares I have ever experienced.

Pros

Cloud based and their fluff up talk about how they are staying in front of the market place, customer support, ease of use, etc.

Cons

Everything. False promises of being a easy software to integrate with other software providers using their API integration. They are very restrictive on who they will actually integrate with, they hold your database hostage. Customer support is awful, most of the ones you talk to is there first day with no training. Wellness plan management is a nightmare. This list could go on and on. Stay away.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Seemed like the best option and was highly recommended from our veterinary exclusive accountants.

Response from ezyVet

Replied August 2020

Hi David, We are sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience. With regards to your data, you can export it directly from ezyVet any time using the Records Export tool (Admin section). Data sovereignty is vital and why our legal terms and conditions state that you own your data. Here are a couple of key reasons we have all integrations going through the API, rather than the database directly: Speed: interacting with the database directly can slow the system down. Security: the database is an attack vector for intruders (hence why many server-based systems have issues with Ransomware). As far as 3rd-party integration partners, we need to be careful who has access to clinic data and also look out for the little guys. Many clinics do not have the legal expertise to understand what some of these third-party companies are able to do with their data (i.e. sell it to other parties). Hence any 3rd-party integrations go through a rigorous vetting process. Best The ezyVet Team

Andrew from Westgate Pet Clinic

Review from a new user.

Overall our experience has been very positive. They were upfront about the work that would be involved in making the transition and were supportive of our team. Our implementation team was great and handled a very unique launch week involving COVID issues and outside stressors to the clinic team. They were patient and flexible with our team during the stressful time. Post launch the Ezyvet Support that I have worked with have been helpful and prompt in the follow up. I rarely have to wait for help on an urgent issue and it's great having 24/7 support for the system. I would recommend this as a great option for others moving to the cloud and just recommend that you prepare for a fair amount of work as you would any software transition.

Pros

We've enjoyed the most the fact that Ezyvet integrates so well into many of our existing systems and allows us to connect with our clients in new ways straight through the system without having to turn to a different software solution. Features such as texting messaging, emails, enhanced client portal with online booking, and the greater degree to which we have control over how communications are sent out to your clients have been welcome features.

Cons

Making the transition from Cornerstone has been difficult for staff because of the new aspect of determining at what level communications should be housed. It's a beneficial feature being able to house a communication at the client verus patient versus clinic record level but has slowed us down in the first 6 months post launch working through those challenges. Some of the information also converts in a less than ideal way from Cornerstone as attachments within Ezyvet.

Laura from Santaluz Animal Vare

Perfect Choice For Start-Up Small Animal Practice

We had a lot of kinks to work out in our start-up vet practice, as you might imagine, and although I had some minimal prior experience with Ezyvet and has been working for weeks to set up our practice on it... there were too many problems to count initially and that made me glad we did NOT go with PayJunction Their integrated merchant processor, or we would Have had a lot of invoices we could not have easily gotten paid for at time client and patient were ready to leave! That said.... now. A year later it would be fine. I do love the program now that I am feeling more confident using it, we literally discover new things we can do on it or ways of doing things differently every week. If I had to choose a practice management software again, I would still choose EzyVet.

Pros

- Amount of personalization that could be done - Removal of redundancy for invoicing - no missed charges as items in record go to invoice directly - Cloud based - safe from ransomware - integrations available for test requests and results - online client booking - texting and emailing client from in program - Great tech support at all hours - thorough training during program set up

Cons

- Newness means a lot of other programs don’t integrate with it, yeT (and May net ever) Lots of difficulty getting systems integrated Initially, but once they were, they worked well - Costs per text through program Adds up fast - Training videos went too fast for staff to easily follow during training of new employees - Fact that programs like Smart Flow work with EzyVet, but are not part of it so have separate monthly fees. We are a small practice and can see value in Smart Glow, but due to small practice so ze, it is not worth the additional expense. -

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Once I saw the available personalization and cloud based status I easily made my decision early then questioned every vendor and equipment and software company I was doing business if it worked with Ezyvet and made my decisions to work with them or not based on if they played nice with Ezyvet.

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your great review, Laura. It's great to hear about your experience with ezyVet, bringing in a new practice and growing as you go. We recognize the importance of integrations bringing technology together and simplifying vets' lives. As such, expect to see more and more new integrations coming on board, along with our fortnightly new feature updates. Thanks again for your feedback it's the voices of customers that most help us guide our product development. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Jayme from Veterinary Specialty Center

Industry: Veterinary

Great cloud-based veterinary practice management software

Very smooth implementation. We have monthly meetings with them and they even visit our hospital on occasion to make sure they’re addressing all of our pain points. All of their customer service are very friendly and helpful. Aside from the occasional extreme slowness, we’ve been very happy with ezyVet.

Pros

I like that it’s intuitive, 100% cloud-based, has several integrations that we use daily and is constantly updating the functionality and ease of use. The reminder system and now added telemedicine functionality really set it apart. I also like that we can text clients and if they text back it goes directly into the clinical record. Several recommendations that we have suggested, they have implemented. I can also get a human being on the phone 24/7/365, which is unheard of for most EMRs. A+++

Cons

Occasional slowness and the number of communications that can be sent cap out at about 1 per every 15 seconds. For a company of almost 300 people who send thousands of reminders per day, it can cause a significant delay. The inability to trend blood values is also disappointing. Our previous software allowed us to do it, but ezyVet can’t at this time. The reporting functionalist also leaves a lot to be desired, but they are working on improving that as well. You can’t data mine very easily. If a particular word is mentioned in a clinical record, there isn’t an easy way to find all of the records with that word unless you take the time to tag each record.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

We liked the workflow, customer support and integrations offered by ezyVet the best.

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thank your for your review Jayme. It's good to hear that you and the Veterinary Specialty Center team are getting value for the switch to ezyVet. Thank you too for the feedback around improvements we can make. I've shared it with the Product team and will get these features into the mix if they aren't already. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Kristen from West Villa Maria Vet Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Quick to learn, Highly customizable, Quality Customer service....Ezy Choice :)

Ezyvet has been absolutely amazing. From the very start Ezyvet provided everything we needed, everything we wanted to add, and has the potential to expand as we expand our services. The customer service All Stars are a joy to work with and very quickly address any questions I have.

Pros

There are so many features that I love about EzyVet. The seamless integration with Idexx has eliminated missed lab charges and results and the new integration with ReviewTree has been wonderful for collecting reviews for our clients. The capability to customize almost every aspect of the software allows me to produce templates for our doctors to be more efficient with their clinical records. our receptionists to provide catered documents for each client, and our techs to have charts that fit their needs and wants as well. Ezyvet is very easy to understand and learn and I have watched new employees become comfortable with its use in just a few days. On the administrative side every report and count I could want is available and my inventory is easily tracked.

Cons

Inital set up can be time consuming because you need to take the time to decide how you want to create your templates, documents, clinical records etc. The fact that everything is so customized is a blessing after everything is set-up but when you first start out its hard to know what you really want until you get to know the software and how you want to use it in your practice.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Ezyvet was by far the most comprehensive platform and the navigation of the program made sense. As I was exploring the software I could think "if I was making this software I would want to find vaccines here" and that is exactly where they would be. They customer service all stars were amazing and I felt like my practice was in good hands as they discussed implementation.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much Kristen for such an incredible review! I have just shared it with the whole ezyVet team across three continents, and it's made a lot of people's day. Keep your ears open as we'll soon be rolling out some really exciting features that will further transform the way you run your business. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Joel from Wise Owl Animal Hospital and Micronesian Exotic Animal Specialty Services

Ezyvet and COVID changes

The best answer to the problems we are solving due to Ezyvet is that we can now be proactive due to the data it provides and in the process get our clinic to meet or exceed in a positive manner industry benchmarks. It allows us to identify and focus on them. Overall, Ezyvet seems to be an all encompassing program that has been very adaptable to our needs. Not only changing our dental programs, adding in desexing / vaccine clinics, but in being able to deal with the special needs of our location (we are in Guam, with internet/power issues, connectivity issues, poor wifi areas, 3 - 7 days for priority mail (no express mail services), and other issues of being far away from everything and everyone in a 2nd world situation. WE WANTED A SUPPORTED SYSTEM AND WE HAVE RECIEVED MORE SUPPORT, RAPID SUPPORT, AND FOLLOWUP THAN EVER EXPECTED. This in our eyes makes them #1

Pros

Ezyvet has dramatically changed our veterinary practice. I can go to the performance reports and get the data I need for any time period desired. This has allowed us to be pro-active in changes. Data revealed that our Dentistry services were severely underused and dental products not being sold. Recognizing this in actual data (as opposed to our erroneous belief) has resulted in a new push to dramatically increase our dental services. This is an ongoing update and we can monitor its success. And it is already successful. Covid however caused us to make changes significant changes to the flow and care of our patients. There are status flags that we basically ignored before COVID. However, we found them to be our major communication "device" as we changed our procedures once COVID happened. All staff could now see where the patient was - in regards to treatment/discharge/collection/etc.. Nothing new needed to be learned, the system was already set up for us to use. The change to using it was rapid, the learning curve was quick and done. This showed us how flexible Ezyvet is and how it can change with our needs. We additionally added in Vaccine clinics and spay and neuter clinics, mostly to ease the overload we have due to everyone being home and observing their pets (and spending their Govt issued money). Ezyvet allowed us to make specific prices for those days only, and track the data so that we could improve at the next clinic. Ezyvet is adaptable to our nee

Cons

The tagging system is a bit complicated for me, but thank goodness for our hospital administrator and IT person. They fully understand it and use it well. Maybe I will get the hang of it - but since they are doing so well at it .................. However, my biggest complaint is that I write out an estimate for a client, send it to them (or whatever) and then rely on it for when the service is to be performed. However, I then have to write an entire new invoice when the procedure is performed. I do not understand why the estimate cannot be instantly converted into an active invoice - while maintaining the estimate in its original form. To me this is double work and frustratingly inefficient.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

They work with MAC products. Support and flexibility. Mostly support.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for another fantastic review, Joel! We really appreciate you taking the time. I have shared your estimates feedback internally amongst the team. Hopefully we can find a nice easy solution to cut down your current double handling. Once again, thank you very much and all the best to the whole team in Guam. Best The ezyVet Team

Raquel from Pieper Veterinary

Wonderful Web Based Veterinary Software

The experience has been great. As a practice we are still learning how to make the best use of all of the features it offers.

Pros

EzyVet is very customizable and user friendly. There are multiple functions and it integrates with a lot of other platforms, including Zoom for Telemedicine. The best aspect of it is that its web based and you can access it from any computer with internet. This is specially helpful when staff is working remotely or management needs to look into an issue off site.

Cons

Would have been nice to get free Texting like Impromed, since this was our main way of notifying clients their order was ready. Also, the invoicing and finance aspect could be better, It would be great if you could approve multiple invoices at once (from different locations and patients).

John from Coastal Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Happy overall with our transition to ezyVet

Making the switch to ezyVet has been a positive one. We went from needing to outsource several specific tasks to being able to manage these all through our PMS which is awesome. Despite in-house training and recorded webinars, I feel it takes 6-9 months to hit your stride and be comfortable with the program (if you are trying to use it to it's fullest capabilities!)

Pros

Cloud-based is becoming more and more essential these days which was the driving force behind us making the change. EzyVet stood out among it's competitors due to our robust the software was in direct comparison. Workflow is certainly different than what we were used to but after the initial adjustment has been a change for the better. Ability to standardize templates and generate billing triggers really helps with overall team efficiency. Support is accessible and ezyVet is always making improvements and seeking feedback which is very much appreciated.

Cons

Being that ezyVet was designed for large scale referral and emergency practices, certain features appeared to be an oversight. Day practice type features: Wellness plans, SOC/reminder systems had quite a few bugs that had to be worked out which resulted in many frustrations early into our conversion but were sorted out over several months time. Certain support issues require escalation to senior support which can add on extended periods before a resolution is reached.

Features available.

Response from ezyVet

Replied August 2020

Thanks for your great review, John. It's great to hear the move to ezyVet is working out well for you and the team is making the most of the new workflows. As you said, it can take some time to take in all the extra functionality but our Support team is available 24/7 to answer any questions. Thank you too for your patience around new feature roll-outs. We have a fortnightly publishing cycle for updates and sometimes it can take an additional fortnight to get it right. Thanks again for your feedback. Sincerely The ezyVet team

Dina from Best Friends Animal Society

Clear choice for our non-profit animal sanctuary and spay/neuter clinics

The implementation team was stellar in helping us switch from Avimark to ezyVet. The conversion team did an outstanding job with almost no involvement from us. All data was converted accurately. Again, because we are not the 'normal' type of customer for ezyVet, our implementation manager needed to find ways to handle many unique things that we required that would not be a requirement for a regular vet clinic. He was almost always able to come up with a great solution. We were very pleased. The support team is very responsive and very knowledgeable. Their ticketing system works well for our staff to input their question or concern and get the direction they need. Turnaround is good.

Pros

We are a non-profit animal sanctuary and the majority of our medical services are provided to the approximately 1700 animals we have at the sanctuary at any given time. They are a wide variety of species and their services run the gamut of simple shelter medicine (vaccines, spay/neuter, simple meds) to very complex services (surgeries, hydrotherapy, alternative medicine, wildlife rehabilitation, etc.). We needed a solution flexible to handle all of these variations. ezyVet offered full functionality to manage care for all of our types of animals and types of customers, and was able to successfully report by these breakouts. We also rolled out ezyVet to our spay/neuter clinic which serves our animals, non-profits and public customers. The key things we were looking for when we selected ezyVet were: > System stability > System accessible from anywhere (cloud based) > Able to handle unique pricing of services for our animals, employees, non-profits, and public customers; pricing model also varied by type of product/service > Able to report expenses and revenue by categories of our animals, employees, non-profits and public customers > Able to use same software for both types of clinics > Incorporates whiteboard (integrated with SmartFlow) > Seamless integration with our lab, x-ray and ultrasound equipment and vendors > Significant paperless functionality > Management of clinic inventory > All data available via API ezyVet met all of our criteria.

Cons

Since we are a non-profit, the standard reporting in ezyVet does not provide most of what we are looking for. We are pursuing bringing the data into our data warehouse via the API so we can create our own reports. Also, the learning curve was quite steep. ezyVet is not easy to learn for the less tech savvy staff. However, once they learned it, it has been fairly easy to use. We have used the client portal at our spay/neuter clinic. Because of our unique clientele of shelters and rescues having many animals per client, we have experienced problems with using the portal for viewing records but it has worked well for scheduling appointments. We are setting up the client portal for internal use at the sanctuary for scheduling appointments and getting answers to medical questions. We have experienced some limitations in the functionality to set up questions and answers.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

ezyVet had most all of the features we wanted already. The others would have needed to add some functionality. A few references we contacted, either given to us by ezyVet or from others we network with, gave ezyVet very high praise.

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the awesome review, Dina! We're glad to hear that you and the Best Friends Animal Society team are happy with ezyVet. I'm about to pass on your feedback to our Support and Implementation teams, who will get a real kick from it. We appreciate that the complexity of our software can require some learning time so we have a really exciting new development in the pipeline, which will tackle this learning process. Watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

Michael from Mt Helena Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

There is no comparison - ezyvet all the way!

As we endeavored to use this system thoroughly we had some initial teething issues however together ezyvet and ourselves worked together to work through them. The experience now is that we have a great system that fulfills our needs and then some, more industry partners are integrating with ezyvet and it will be better when more join. The team are experienced with the system and forever gaining knowledge and confidence.

Pros

Many things to be honest... off the top of mt head (it was several years ago)... I completed extensive research at the time as this is what I do and not forgetting it is a big investment especially in time and infrastructure in any business so here are my reasons ezyvet won hands down. Cloud based (reduces updates for terminals), Amazons AWS multi-billion dollar security infrastructure (eliminates ransomware), Complete freedom regarding integration e.g. own website etc., Geared toward development with 40 odd developers employed (Circa 2016) (only going to get better), Clients have the ability to request features to include/'improve' the software and last however certainly not least - the Support is the best I have experienced. (I wouldn't have made it through without you guys!!)

Cons

It's not that I dislike this element as it's actually a positive. Ezyvet has a huge amount of functionality if you wish to use it... however this does mean it takes some time to learn all the idiosyncrasies what this system can do for you. If you are prepared for this, do your pre-implementation homework, implement well and allow time for your team to absorb the inevitable 'change' you will fare better than most.

See above

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the great review, Michael. It's great to hear you are enjoying the switch to ezyVet. You are right about the growth side! We have twice as many developers today and the pile of new features & updates in our pipeline is endless. These will bring real value to teams like yours on the coal-front so watch this space! Thanks again The ezyVet team

Jos from Queenstown Eye Vet Ltd

Industry: Veterinary

Review of Ezyvet software used by a sole special interest practitioner

I have realized that the communication templates are very helpful as are the procedures templates. I think I probably need some more one on one Webinars to fully use the available tools it offers.

Pros

It is easy to use and logical. I am not very tech savy and I manage or can get help from the Ezyvet Team. I like the ability to develop clinical templates and charging templates for procedures to save time writing up notes. I have worked with other veterinary software for years and this flows the best. It is easy to attach other records and photos to the clinical notes. It is easy to create Email templates to communicate with clients or referring vets. There is a help menu which I have used to some degree and as my ability improves this is more useful. initially I really had to rely on help from the Ezyvet Team.

Cons

When I started my business 4 years ago I went straight on to Ezyvet so did not need to integrate. I did struggle initially to set things up but I think that was more my problem learning a new system - change is always difficult. I did initially and at other times feel a bit overwhelmed but the more I create templates for different work aspects the more I start to feel there is a logical pattern to it. Sometimes it can take a while to be able to book in a webinar with the Ezyvet Team , where I am a person that will be more spontaneous about wanting to work on a process in the software if I have time.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

I had dealt with Vision and RxWorks in previous jobs as an employee but felt that they were not easy to communicate with the client, nor to set up templates and quite clunky to use- especially Rx Works

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thanks for taking the time to write this rich and insightful review, Jos. It's always great to get this kind of feedback from our customers. We are happy to hear that you are finding your feet with ezyVet's templates. Thanks again and stay safe The ezyVet Team

Joanna from Oaklands Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Love love love ezyVet. Did I mention I love ezyVet?

Pros

Thank god for the cloud! I can write notes and arrange prescriptions from home, the local cafe, hiking in a park, or anywhere that I have internet access. I'm no longer chained to my desk in the clinic. The integration with our send-out reference laboratories and in house lab machines and xrays is great, as the integration with SmartFlow makes streamlining workflow and capturing charges for surgeries and hospitalized patients so much easier. Emailing and texting directly from the software is a great feature, no need to re-write the whole conversation down into the medical record. Automated appointment reminders by SMS are sent daily and when owners reply, their appointment is automatically confirmed in the schedule - saving so much time for reception and resulting in so many fewer no-shows. The online client portal allows people to make appointments themselves, check their pet's vaccine status, tracks their weight and vitals for every appointment, and displays all medication history and client handouts as well as any other parts of the medical record that we want to share. Updates are frequent and they're very responsive to suggestions for feature upgrades. The support is incredible. They probably know me by name after all the calls I've made over the past 2 years, but there's only been a couple of times they couldn't find a solution for me. And it's beautiful to look at!

Cons

The written help guide isn't great so if I can't figure out how to do something I need to call in or request a ticket. The formatting options for emails and documents are pretty basic. Inserting jpgs into a document is time consuming and not very user friendly. Pdfs cannot be uploaded as a document template without converting each page into a separate jpg. Last time I checked, the dental chart didn't count as part of the medical record - not great when you're sending records to other clinics. Currently, although SMS text replies are automatically imported into the medical record, email replies are not. However I understand they are working on this, yay!

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

I had used both software products previously and neither one of them were as user friendly or feature-rich or beautiful. Yes, beautiful. If you have to look at the screen all day, it should be colourful and clean.

Response from ezyVet

Replied May 2020

Hello Joanna, Thank you for your great review! It is great to see you and your clinic getting the best out of ezyVet. You'll be glad to know that the help guides are something that have just received a massive upgrade so watch this space. I've also shared on your feedback among the team. Expect improvements as we roll out our new updates. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Jayde from Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota

#amazing

So far in our use of ezyVet, we are delighted to not deal with crashing servers anymore. The navigation is very easy and if a process does't well for you, there are ways to change. We can input all of our own templates to make it really fit to our needs. The support team is very accessible and happy to answer our questions. I've been able to integrate with almost all the third parties I could with my old software.

Pros

Cons

I wish I had the control to create my own reports. However, their report selection is wide and you can place a feature request for things they don't have.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

They had the most comprehensive and customizable software. They had existing integrations with more companies. They had more intensive on-boarding support. They were designed to support specialty hospitals and the other were clearly only made to fit primary practices. ezyVet can adequately support both.

Response from ezyVet

Replied April 2020

Hello Jayde and thank you for this great review! It is wonderful to see a happy customer getting the best out of ezyVet, having customised it to suit your hospital's needs. Stay tuned for more integrations and feature upgrades coming through the pipeline which will help your team further. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Milinda from Aggie Animal Dental Center

Industry: Veterinary

The cloud-based software I've been waiting for

EzyVet has enabled our practice to run much more efficiently. There are never lost charts. It is easy to fix mistakes like duplicate client records. Having specific therapeutics set up with billing triggers means fewer missed charges. The time savings have been substantial.

Pros

I love being able to log in from anywhere! If I communicate with a client from home, I can log it in the patient's record right then and there. The software is quite intuitive to use. I LOVE that we have billing triggers linked to Therapeutics/Procedures so that, as we enter a patient's medical record, we are automatically adding charges to the bill to correspond with what we've done. It has been very easy to adapt our record keeping. The templates and shorthand have saved me a ton of time. I like the ability to customize the medical record format a bit; i.e., we have our "Patient History labeled as "Subjective" and "Physical Examination" labeled as "Objective" to maintain consistency with traditional SOAP formatting. I like being able to easily create customized forms. All of my patient data and medical records were imported from our previous software, so no information was lost.

Cons

It's expensive (but worth it). It would be great if the time clock feature could highlight days when an employee worked >8 hours (or >10 hours for alternative work week practices). I'd like if a linked communication could be moved from one visit to another. I'd also like to see consistent formatting for phone numbers so no matter how they are entered they look the same in the software. There are almost too many reporting features; I haven't learned the nuances of the differences between financial reports (Payment Revenue vs. Invoice Revenue for example).

Response from ezyVet

Replied April 2020

Thanks for your great review, Milinda. It is wonderful to hear you and your team are getting great value from ezyVet, especially at a time like this when everyone is having to adjust to new work dynamics. Please keep this sort of feedback coming. I have shared it with ezyVet's wider team, as it is exactly what helps us refine our next versions of the software. Stay safe The ezyVet Team

Peggy from Pathway Vet Alliance

Best Software for Veterinary Medical Records

From a clinical perspective, ezyVet allowed my team to become more efficient and increase revenue due to better charge capture. From an enterprise perspective, being able to centralize product codes, templates, and other settings allows us to make implementation easier on the practices and gives us much more valuable reporting as everyone uses the same codes.

Pros

Cloud-based, no server and you can log in anywhere. Very easy to use, most team members become competent within a week.

Cons

This is a hard one as I do not really have anything I don't like. I will say that there can be bug issues as with any program. However, support and developers are always ready and willing to fix the issues identified in a timely manner.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Support and overall look and feel of the software. ezyVet took the time to meet with our leadership team and go over all the features and how to use the software. They followed up regularly to answer any questions we had. Other companies sent us a demo but did not meet with us or follow up. As this is a major purchase we wanted to ensure we went with a more hands-on company that would help us with the transition and beyond. Several years later and they have not disappointed.

Response from ezyVet

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Peggy. We are glad you and your team are enjoying working with ezyVet and look forward to improving your experience as we refine our software. Sincerely The ezyVet team

Kevin from Allergy Ear and Skin Care for Animals LLC

Industry: Veterinary

ezyVet is a great veterinary practice software program.

Pros

There is a lot of information that is available on each page. The tabs used for the organization of information and the relationship between tabs is excellent. With some learning it is possible to have the software automate many routine/repetitive steps when entering information in patient records and also when creating documents based on the records. It comes with several useful financial reports. It links with two common veterinary labs and also with a few large veterinary vendors. The product settings are very useful and well thought out and also the ability to automate billing of regularly performed procedures is great.

Cons

Periodically there will be an odd malfunction. The most recent one was due to a software update. However, they fixed the problem and the malfunction is gone. Although overall very powerful there are a few small features that are missing. If enough people request a feature, the company will try to add that feature.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Features, cost, and ease of use/interface seemed the best.

Response from ezyVet

Replied September 2019

Hello Kevin, Thank you very much for your great feedback. We're glad to hear that you and the team are making the most of ezyVet's automation and reporting capabilities. Do keep us in the loop on improvements you think should we should add. It's customer feedback like this that shapes ezyVet's upcoming iterations. Regards, the team at ezyVet

Amanda from Complete Care Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

No more piles of charts on my desk!

We have captured a lot of "missed" charges with ezyVet and that is always a positive!!! It has also improved our efficiency and I no longer have days of unfinished charts on my desk. I enjoy the software and am happy.

Pros

Overall I love the software, once we have customized it for what we need it helps myself and my team be more efficient, miss less charges, and have more detailed records. I am very pleased with the transition and feel that we made a great choice switching from IntraVet. I can easily access the software from anywhere, including my phone or tablet at home in a pinch and feel very comfortable with the security that they offer. We can easily email or text clients directly from the software, so it cuts down on time sucking procedures where we had to print items out, scan them and then email or fax to the client.

Cons

I have very few pet peeves, the biggest being that there is no "minimum" pricing for medications. This is problematic for many of our injectable medications and we had to create a lot of extra codes based on weight classes for certain meds to make sure that pricing was fair for all weight ranges. There has been a feature request for this since before we changed software and I do not feel that it would be hard to implement.

Response from ezyVet

Replied August 2019

Hi Amanda, Thank you for your great feedback! We're happy to hear you've made a good transition from your previous software. We've looked into your "minimum" pricing concern and have added a guide to our knowledge base. We look forward to helping you grow so keep us in the loop on any other ways we can help! Regards, the team at ezyVet

Ruby from Kingman Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Very happy with this software!!

Well... The trainers were the perfect pair for our practice. They were patient and informative the whole week they were here and made the whole experience from the set - up to the delivery so much easier. So far the customer service has been great.

Pros

After checking out several cloud-based softwares, traveling all over Arizona to see them all in action and doing all the demos... we finally decided on Ezyvet. We did not make the decision lightly as we have been down this road before only to be very disappointed in the software. I loved the ease of the training and how fast we all learned the system. This is our 3rd software change in 20 years and I am happy to say that the transfer to ezyvet was by far the smooth and easiest! The training was key! We are more efficient in everything we do. We all love that this is a cloud/web-based software that we can easily take it on the road as well as finish up charts at home if needed. Our "on call" emergency techs love that they can look clients up at home to help them with questions on medications etc. Top it off with Smart Flow Sheet and WOW it is awesome! We have really enjoyed the software and feel its just only going to get better.

Cons

There are a few minor difference in this software that we are not used to. There are some minor changes (or add ons) that I would suggest, however there is a place on the HELP tab where you can put in changes and have them voted on and possibly added. But nothing that I haven't been able to work through or find another way.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

It had all the "bells and whistles" that we require for our hospital along with the time clock, boarding and inventory modules. I was happy with the price as well as the extensive training we were going to receive. They knew my issues and heartache from previous promises with other software programs purchased and they walked me through the whole transition to make me feel confident in my decision.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2019

Thanks Ruby for your review! We love having you and the team at Kingman part of the ezyVet family. We are so happy to hear about all the things you are enjoying about ezyVet, especially after your disappointing journey with your previous software. Please do continue to use the feature request forum and send us your feedback for improvements.

Dean from Flathead Pet Emergency

Fantastic customer support!

I have really enjoyed working with the people at Ezyvet. Their customer service has been superior. Their software has helped us treat and track patients better. We've been able to reduce losses from missed charges. We've been able to see what makes us money and what doesn't. It's made a huge difference in my IT stress. I would recommend this software to any clinic of any size.

Pros

The customer service is second to none. Anytime day or night, you can get someone that can help. They are able to walk you through problems quickly. The system is very reliable. We don't need customer service often, but when we do, they are quick, helpful and friendly. The software is easy to use. New employees are quick to catch on how to use it. Some things are called different since it's out of New Zealand. It doesn't take long to figure it out. The layout is intuitive. The tabs are easy to move through. Integrates with different lab equipment and white boards. No one has to go back and enter lab results. They automatically drop into patient records. This saves a lot of time and effort. Records are permanent. Even though changes can be made, there is always a log of what changes were made so you can use them in court if needed. No updates required. The software is constantly updated and online so you don't need to keep upgrading servers. The cost of the software use is less on an anual basis than the service contracts with other companies.

Cons

Terminology is different. This is really minor and it's easy to get used to.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Overall ease of use, online service, Customer service, Completeness of the software, cost (computers, service contracts, subscriptions).

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review Dean! We are so delighted you are loving ezyVet. We will be sure to pass on the kinds words to the Support Superstars too, this will put a smile on their faces for sure.

Alexis from Phoenix Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

ezyVet allowed our clinic to grow!

Overall our experience with ezyVet has been amazing. It was the best decision we made overall to expand our practice, profits, and ability to practice better medicine!

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is the ability to edit most anything you need to fit your practice needs. For example when adding an appointment to the schedule, you can set up the appointment to start billing for that type of exam. Traditionally, when a Technician or Assistant loads an exam room and takes history, this software allows you to create "Clinical Templates" that you can name for example; Canine Annual, Limping, ADR, HBC, Vomiting, Diarrhea, etc. This allows the tech to select the correct template to ask the question that the doctor wants to know. This minimizes missed information when taking a history and also allows you to practice better medicine by making suggestions to the pet owner. Our canine annual exam is set up to ask all the questions you typically would ask but adds in things like "Would you like to vaccinate for Lyme today" and "Did you know that 1 in 9 Adults have some abnormality in their annual screening labwork results?" Adding these questions increased our compliance tremendously! We used to only sale about one tray (25) of lyme vaccines a year before ezyVet. Now we are rolling through that in a month easily!!! This is the same for FELV, Lepto and annual screening panels.

Cons

The only thing that really isn't so easy to use for us is the reminder card system. It took us a while to understand how to set them up to generate correctly. The true downside is I have to print them out and mail the post cards myself daily. No one has integrated yet to do your postcards for reminders. This isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. As a side note the software does allow you to easily email reminders but our client base really likes the post card method. Also, occasionally ezyVet has to merge servers and the software will be unusable for about 10 minuets while this occurs.

Response from ezyVet

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the great review, Alexis, glad to hear the Clinical Templates are helping improve efficiency in your hospital! Regarding the reminder cards, this is something that many ezyVet users like yourself have requested, and we have already started working on an integration for postcards.

Tony from Veterinary Surgical Specialists

ezyVet Software Implementation and Use

Support has been very powerful, immediate responses are common, live help is readily available and glitches no matter how obscure are tackled in a systematic manner and resolved to my satisfaction. There is a strong sense that this company wishes to hear from you to improve their product and actually recognizes the benefit this has to all users in the future. They have delivered on all promises made and have continued to earn our respect beyond the completion of the initial sales period. Their ability to have integrated with many partners reflects their standing in the community and the mutual respect that other veterinary system vendors have for the developers at ezyVet. I would say this is unique and outstanding.

Pros

The software was highly customizable to allow for us to operate in the manner we decided rather than having to bend our needs to fit software. Robust integration with both in-house and third-party equipment/software eliminating duplication of patient entry efforts and potential errors. Having reviewed all of the current available software options none provided simplicity of comprehensive record review and record completion, record writing has actually become enjoyable. Specific entries, results and actual radiographic/ultrasound images are either visible or one click away.

Cons

My initial review in the early evaluation stages left me feeling too much information was displayed, however rapidly as you use the software your view of what may seem to be ancillary information can either be switched off or is ignored until you actually do wish to use it. Once experienced you will find having a broad amount of information available in one screen highly efficient, such that you can readily identify all components of medical history/treatment as well as have communications available, diagnostic images and immediate visualization of owner details/contact phone numbers, with only one click to access options to document communication, send clients email or text.

Response from ezyVet

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review Tony! We love having you on the ezyVet journey with us.

Rene R from My Pet Mobile Vet

Excellent customer service. Innovative platform. The future of the veterinary practice.

Pros

During 2015 and 2016, we tried multiple cloud-based platforms (Idexx Neo, Vet Blue, E Vet Practice), before we settled into EZYVET in April 2017, and have never looked back. EZYVET was able to handle our transition seamlessly, and give a lot of great support. That is one of the best things this company. They provide excellent customer service and are very responsive to any requests. Their platform is very user-friendly, and I love having access to all our patient information, from home. One of the features that we absolutely love is their automated texting and email reminders. This is a very powerful tool in the software, and we have seen the number of appointments made in our practice go up 30% in the past year. We attribute this to the features of this software. That is very exciting for a practice such as ours, who relies so heavily on non-verbal communication with our clients. Currently, between texts and email appointment requests, we are finding that almost 50% of clients are requesting and making appointments through emails and texts (and not phone calls). This is the future of veterinary practice, and EZYVET is ahead of the curve. They also have an online booking system feature which is very exciting. We have a BOOK ONLINE button on our website that automatically creates a new client/ patient profile directly onto the software. Another great feature. Very happy with the software and the customer support.

Cons

Works optimally on google chrome. Not so great on Safari (for MAC users), but EZYVET support has been very responsive to this, and its improving daily. Online scheduler is a work in progress. But progress has been made.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2018

Thanks for your awesome review, we're always looking at ways that we can improve and the Customer Portal has been undergoing constant developments improvements

Gianna from Heartland Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Once properly trained on Ezyvet, this program meets the needs of a busy multi-doctor vet practice.

Ezyvet meets the software needs of a busy vet practice. Its integrated text messaging and email capabilities are improving client communications. Its integration with Smart Flow is improving the tracking of hospitalized patients.

Pros

This product is cloud based, making it accessible from any computer or device with internet, WiFi, or data plan capabilities. We have had instances where we have lost internet, but I was able to access and use the program with ease via my iphone. I enjoy Ezyvet's text message communication capability. Any text communication is automatically entered in a client's communication log. Email is the same way. Ezyvet sends someone to train and assist your staff the first week that you implement Ezyvet. This was VERY helpful and vital to our success with Ezyvet. Also, Ezyvet's technical support is prompt in addressing any issue that you may have, even if there is not an immediate fix to the problem. Although this software seems very complicated upon first glance, once trained, this software is relatively easy to use, and it meets the needs of a busy practice.

Cons

First of all, price. Ezyvet is expensive. Be prepared to spend some money for this program. Also, the company is based out of New Zealand, so the time difference was a little inconvenient during the training process. Another thing to note is that this is a newer software, meaning that there are some features that do need improvement. Finally, there is no payment system intergrated with the software, meaning you must find a separate merchant service. This leaves room for error when entering payment amounts from Ezyvet into your credit card software.

Response from ezyVet

Replied February 2018

Hi Gianna, Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our product! We have a fantastic new payment processing integration with PayJunction that you should check out - https://blog.ezyvet.com/integrated-payments-solution-with-payjunction. In addition, our Dallas office is now open, so we have trainers based in NZ, UK and US timezone! -The ezyVet team

Darren from Dandenong Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Absolutely no regrets. An incredibly comprehensive software platform. Detailed, customisable.

Time saving Improved fee capture Consistent record keeping Detailed record keeping Team accountability Streamlining practice systems Ease of reminder burdens Great client communication Reporting tools are great Customisation is incredible Support is fantastic Integration is well executed

Pros

I do not see me ever needing to change practice software ever again. Put simply, this program does an amazing job of automating my vision of how our practice Standards Of Care are managed, and I can do practically everything I want it to. I love how so many parts of this program allow significant time saving steps, and there is lot of automation. The more you customise, the better this gets, so use these features! This program is very well layed out. Whilst it might be a struggle at first to ensure your entire team is on board with where/how to do specific (practice-customised) tasks, the importance and ease of finding that specific information later is self-evident. The tracking of changes significantly increases accountability and ensures team consistency. The integration is amazing - with laboratories, S8 log book, SmartFlow and more! The autobilling and record keeping is a breeze! If anyone in the team has questions that only ezyVet can answer, the Support system is superb. You can call up if it is a critical issue, or send a written request and rank it's importance. They are very responsive and changes or ideas are also warmly received. I am only just now starting the analysis of data and learning how and what data I want from the program. I am confident even before this review that the program is allowing me to better understand where to focus my attention on business development and financial goals. I know any feedback for improvements is valued.

Cons

There is truly nothing I don't like. Some of the challenges: In order to truly get the best results, you have to understand how the program works, and put in the necessary hours to learn how to customise your own practice program. This time investment can be a very daunting pre-changeover and you will need an ongoing interest to push the program to it's limits as you learn the amazing features over time. If you are not dedicated to put in the hours, then you can't complain it doesn't do what you want. Remember - set it up once and it is there forever more! I have heard users unhappy about how certain features work, only to delve deeper and find that they really had no idea/interest about how to customise their so called "problem", or the immense value as to WHY something is as it is. I am a "details" personality type, and I had intentions to customise a lot of the functions pre-changeover. I could foresee that there was a need for significant time investment in personalising this program long-prior to the changeover date. I would have favoured being permitted to have the access and software training much earlier in the induction process to ease this anticipated time burden. But I understand that that has been addresses with my feedback for others. Any internet based cloud program will suffer from gremlins of dropping requests on occasion, requiring you to reload the page, but that is not unique to ezyVet. Yes, annoying, but that's the internet - suck it up!

Response from ezyVet

Replied October 2017

Hi Darren, Wow, thank you for the positive and in depth review. We really appreciate your feedback and hope your comments will help give insight to other clinics considering moving to ezyVet. We are thrilled to hear you are so happy with many aspects of our system and service. We hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful veterinary software and look forward to working with you in the future to ensure our system provides the best possible service for you and other users alike. The ezyVet team.

James from IndyVet

EzyVet Review

Having had experience with two other veterinary software systems, I was very pleased with the transition to ExyVet. The pre-transition preparation, data transfer, and testing was on time and very well sequenced so that it came off without much difficulty. The "D-Day" of cut over was relatively smooth and painless. Obviously no major software transition is going to be completely painless when dealing with over 60 employees, but I will say that it was as painless as it possibly could have been. I was very pleased with the help we had on-site for the first week of the transition. Their help in developing new standard operating procedures to assist in integrating the software into our normal work flow was outstanding. I would recommend EzyVet without reservation.

Pros

It is intuitive, well integrated, very well thought out as to efficient work flow sequences, and is always being upgraded to suit the needs of the customer. Being cloud based, something can be fixed or changed (when needed) very quickly in a matter of minutes. The medical record is very well thought out and useful; easy to navigate. The ability to pull up records from any computer anywhere and see lab results, x-ray reports, ultrasound reports, client financial data, and handle client questions and document it (again due to the cloud based software) allows one freedom from having to work from a single location. Responsive customer service. Integrates well with Smart flowsheet.

Cons

Due to confusion of the definition of "medical record" from some staff members, sometimes multiple invoices are generated on a single patient that has to be sorted out and not missed. This, however is an operator error, and not an error of the software. This trend also tends to be reduced with operator familiarity. The frequency of the error occurring however detracts from the overall happiness with the software. To be honest, to fill this part of the review in required some significant time to think of something negative to say about it, and again this may be a statement more of the employees than it is a statement about the software.

Response from ezyVet

Replied August 2016

Hello James, Thank you for your review and positive feedback. Regarding the multiple invoicing matter, we appreciated that this could be misused and are glad to inform you that we now have a warning pop up, prompting to link existing medical records. There is also another warning, when processing a payment, alerting of any open invoices that exist for a contact. Enjoy using our software and feel free to contact our Support Team with any other matters - We're here to help. The ezyVet Team

Gladys from Green Dog Dental

Finally, a user friendly veterinary software that has it all, including a stellar support team!

Pros

1) UP TO DATE SOFTWARE WITH CUTTING EDGE TECH - some of my favorite easy to use features are: SOCs, master problems, automatic reminders, online booking. 2) USER FRIENDLY - it's easy to navigate! I LOVE the color coding and the tabs make navigating really easy and intuitive! 3) CLOUD BASED SOFTWARE - No more worrying about your servers going down, no more paper record keeping, convenience of logging in from anywhere gives vets and staff the flexibility to work from home or on the road if needed, this is HUGE especially if you have a mobile practice. 4) BEST SUPPORT & LITTLE WAIT TIME TO GET THEM ON THE PHONE- If there's an issue you know you have qualified individuals (SONG) who will be able to help you RIGHT AWAY and not just walk you through but (ANY DESK) remotely log into your device and walk you through your issue, HUGE advantage and a GAME CHANGER! :) 5) IT'S CONSTANTLY IMPROVING - I feel like EzyVet is in perpetual beta - which is what all software companies should be! 6) ONLINE BOOKING - Love the ability to offer our clients the convenience of creating a profile, seeing our schedule and booking online. It's 2018 - everyone uses their smart phones for everything, including vet appts!

Cons

I LOOOVE THIS SOFTWARE - That said, there are a few things I'd love to see improvement on, but they're more development items. 1) Needing to constantly click the save and refresh buttons. It would be amazing if you guys could get to a point where it auto saves like google docs. :) 2) Not able to attach auto generated discharge summaries to automatic emails. 3) Online booking, it's amazing but it still needs minor improvement, which you guys already working on. THANK YOU!

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review Gladys! Its always awesome to know that people are getting so much out of ezyVet.

Roni from Bli Bli Veterinary Surgery

It was a big decision to change our Practice software but we're so glad we did. We have no regrets.

Pros

EzyVet has improved our business with better management tools, giving us the opportunity to provide better customer service and increase our profitability. Being web based we have simple access from anywhere - at any time. We can monitor the day in real time and communicate with staff even when we are offsite. The integration with our suppliers makes ordering and receiving simple - and has refined our control of stock levels. Live updates of product costs mean we can maintain our markups without effort. The communication system is one of my favourites. Reminders and marketing are so easy. We now automatically send reminders before appointments, schedule phone calls after surgery, and have a large range of automated mail outs. New features are added regularly and our requests for additional features are also considered. Record searches and reporting ability is extensive. The help pages are complete and easily understood with up to date screen shots, and the support staff are always quick to answer questions.

Cons

Printing through Adobe is a bit slow. It takes time to download each invoice/receipt and print a copy for Clients - perhaps 10-20 seconds.

Response from ezyVet

Replied October 2017

Hi Roni, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that ezyVet's automation and management tools are helping improve your business. In regards to the printing speed issues with Adobe, you can solve this by simply enabling google cloud print for one click printing. Our support team will reach out to see if you need any assistance setting this up. We look forward to assisting with future successes and business development for your clinic. The ezyVet team.

Catherine from University Veterinary Hospital

August 2016

Happy to be on the Cloud!!

We took our conversion from cornerstone to ezyvet seriously...and they did too. We studied and they taught. We split our team into departments and they came in on off days to take webinars. I wish we had a handle on our inventory and AR before the switch (don't we all) but the conversion occurred and now we can fine tune. They not only are a vet software company, they understand the business of running a vet clinic and made some great suggestions...from inventory management to pricing to customer service.

Pros

There are many many more pros than cons. We would do this conversion again and again. It is cloud based!! We have enjoyed being at any computer or iPad and doing what we need to do. We are not tied down to the office anymore. I can leave the practice and then tap into the website when I need to update a record or check on something. The flexibility is limitless. So glad our future is here! The records that you can "pull" together in a summary for a case in just one click is amazing...from SOAP to meds to bloodwork to radiographs to master problems...all in one report. In a few clicks we can text or email clients - the communication is just awesome! My favorite is the memo section that allows full team and one on one team member communcation. No more checking my email or texts all day from staff...its right on my computer screen.

Cons

I do think the process of running/prepping for end of month and preparing statements has too many steps, but I have not run it yet so it may be because I am not comfortable with the process...TBD. The SOCs are great, however the term treatment is automatically added and is confusing to clients during written communication. The support is fast and good most of the time, however we have had some issues with scheduling webinars and either running out of time or the time change is off. It is awesome that screen shots are easily generated when you have a question when in use and can send to them immediately - however the turn around can be slow at times.

Jocelyn from High Street Veterinary Surgery

Impressed with Ezyvet

Our clinical data looks very professional and tidy. All the information is in the correct place and easy to find. The pathology results and imaging results are easy to send to ezyvet and easy to find and follow and send to referral clinics. I spoke to a number of clinics that had started using Ezyvet and so learnt a bit of what the challenges were going to be. Change is difficult and I tried to prepare and support our team throughout the process . I found the most amazing hidden skills within our team that I was very happy to encourage and now we have a team with ownership of the software system that they have helped set up. I am enjoying the challenge of making the system ours, to get it to do the things that benefit out clinic. Ezyvet has the potential, I have to harness it

Pros

We have had Ezyvet for 2 months now. There are lots of really great things that Ezyvet have done to make the change over as smooth as possible. We started 5 months before went live , there are training videos and webinars and a trial version to try out. our implementer, was fabulous, soooo patient and knowledgeable. The training and on site implementation and going live was stressful but she had ideas on how to manage it and fixed issues as they turned up. I really like the way that we can each set up Ezyvet the way we would like it and still fit in with the way I like the clinic to run. I also like that there is a place for every bit of information you would like and it is easy to find and summarise later. I like the interaction with the support staff, they show you how to do some thing and then you can work it out and the knowledge stays with you. They always say call me back if you get stuck, so I do if I get lost . I like being able to access Ezyvet away from the clinic. On days off, I can sit at a coffee shop and learn a bit more about it.

Cons

My team do not like the many clicks to go through . I am fine about it . I like the different departments and putting things in the boxes so I know where they are later. The Payment Express has been very slow and their staff not so easy to deal with. The online booking is not as user friendly as our previous system.

Casey from El Dorado Animal Hospital

Great transition

I’m happy. Best thing we have done lately.

Pros

The most important thing to me was the learning curve. So far, once getting past the idea of change, our employees have adapted very well to the new software. They all, from the most inexperienced to the most experienced have figured out how to use the software effectively. The second most important thing to me was going paperless ( completely paperless). We have been able to do this almost instantaneously.

Cons

So far, the only real issue that has popped up is occasional slow running periods. This seems to be associated with maintenance on the EzyVet side of things. It has not completely crippled us but has been an occasional annoyance.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

They offered and suggested onsite implementation support rite off the bat. I would caution anyone to undertake a software change without this help. I felt like they were the most realistic on expectations

Response from ezyVet

Replied March 2020

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Mitchell. We are glad to hear that your team has found it intuitive and going paperless is proving a success. Our team gets a real kick hearing these stories. We also appreciate your feedback around the occasional slow running periods. We have just moved to fully automating large parts of our new release cycles, increasing their frequency. What you experienced has likely been early teething issues but if these persist do let us know and we'll sort it. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Ktanaw from Wise Owl Animal Hospital

So Far So Good

Cloud-based, easy to access, 24/7 support, automatic billing (we don't have to input charges much anymore!)

Pros

We are still in the setup phase of transferring to ezyVet. The process is very meticulous and well thought out. Most other companies convert your data and that's it. It's up to you to train your staff and figure out how to set everything specific to your clinic. ezyVet takes all that uncertainty out of the equation from the beginning. They have a full list of all the tasks that need to be completed to switch to their software, from pre-training information, to helping you set up templates, to working with your project team. They help you get everything set up BEFORE your staff begins to use the software, so it is all there from the onset. Whatsmore, they send implimentors out to work side-by-side with your staff in the first week your clinic "goes live." The ease of use and cloud-based system is also a major reason we chose this software. You can do almost everything from the appointment screen so you're not clicking on an obnoxious number of buttons to get something done. Plus they integrate with our lab equipment and other software to help your efficiency and bottom line.

Cons

It is so EXPENSIVE! I would say this is probably the largest con to ezyVet. If you're going to use the majority of the features and capabilities the software allows for, it is worth it. But if you're just going to use the basics, you may be financially better off going with another company. Also, the transition period is longer than most other companies (about 6 months compared to 1-2). This is largely due to the great detail and care they take to ensure everything is there and good to go from the start. So the timing is the trade-off on this aspect.

Response from ezyVet

Replied September 2017

Hi Ktanaw, Thank you for your raving review, we are thrilled to hear your implementation is going well. We understand upfront costs can be hard for everyone but you can rest assure that it will be all worth it. Enjoy your beautiful veterinary software. The ezyVet team

Shannon from Pittsburgh Veterinary Dermatology

Customizable Practice Management Software

As with any program switch, there are struggles along the way. However, whenever I have found and issue or needed assistance with a solution, ezyVet's support center has been phenomenal. They are very responsive and are available via email or phone 24/7. I have rarely waited more than a few hours for a solution to my issues.

Pros

I like how it can be customized to our needs. We can create and design our referral letters, submit new feature requests, and mold the program to fit our workflow.

Cons

The software definitely has it's "quirks." There are numerous sections to put communications which can be confusing. If a communication is not put in the correct place, and you would like to include communications in one of your templates, it will not show up on your template.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thanks for the great feedback, Shannon. It is much appreciated. The team is always working on new improvements and refinements of the software so hopefully the quirks you've been pointed out will be ironed out in the coming months. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Jamee from High Street Vet Surgery

High Street Vets Review

My overall experience with Ezyvet has been fabulous. If you need help call then they are right there and will guide you. We love growing as a clinic with Ezyvet and highly recommend it.

Pros

What I love most about Ezyvet is that is so easy. Once you get to know your navigation it all makes sense. I love that each aspect of a consultation is broken down in the clinical record. If only looking for specific information you can go straight to the area. I love how you can almost automate everything from vaccinations, to weigh-ins, dental checks, 6mnthly check-up for seniors, even preventative medication is due. I also love how Ezyvet is always updating and trying to improve the software making it super efficient in whatever you are trying to do.

Cons

I speak highly of Ezyvet with not much I am least happy with. We did have minor problems when we first switch over from our previous program but I believe they were just teething issues. Once straightened out it has been nothing but great.

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the great review, Jamee. We're happy to hear that you and the team at High Street Vet Surgery are enjoying your ezyVet. We have some really exciting new developments in the pipeline, which will bring real value on the coal-front, so watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

G from Denton County Animal ER

Highly recommend!!

We are a brand new user of the ezyVet veterinary software program - ~4 weeks as of this date. First, this is an excellent software program. I've been in the veterinary field 20+ years and have used numerous systems including Cornerstone, Impromed, Animal Intelligence, Avimark, Via and DVMax, just to name a few. This software is well thought out, intuitive and packed with an enormous amount of powerful features. Can't wait to maximize it! Second, careful thought was put into the implementation of this program. Having a solid system in place is an essential step in the process, as opposed to releasing a program that is nowhere near ready for the general public which I have experienced in the past. Closely trailing those items is support for the product and the people involved in the implementation process. SUPER important... and ezyVet has nailed it. My experience from the beginning of this process, beginning with Jesse Myles, has been nothing short of outstanding. Jesse was readily available to answer my questions and was very knowledgeable about the system. He helped move the process along efficiently which I'm appreciative of given our dire situation with our current system. As far as the actual implementation went, I can't even begin to describe how EXCEPTIONAL Jess and Tim were from day one all the way through. They are on the front lines of this whole thing so it's essential to have a stellar staff to work out the kinks and finalize the implementation. Jess and Tim went above and beyond. My entire staff loved them and I was actually sad to see them go, honestly. They worked tirelessly, late into the night (with our weird hours) and answered every single question my staff or I had with professionalism and patience. It is rare it to find this kind of service. These are two people that care about the product, know it inside and out and are just generally great humans. It's a trifecta situation ;) I just wanted to emphasize this because as a business owner, I value my great staff enormously and know that they make or break us. I know how rare it is to find hard working people that care about what they do. Since implementation, EVEN IN THE FACE OF A NEW SYSTEM, our efficiency has improved dramatically. I would highly recommend this program!

Pros

Cons

Haven't found anything yet.

Michael from Frisco Emergency Pet Care

Best software I've used in 23 years

We recently installed EzyVet in a brand-new emergency facility in the US. We chose it for several reasons - EzyVet integrates with SmartFlowSheet, which was a must for us. The ease of use and logical flow decrease training time. It is highly templated, and customer support does an excellent job of helping you understand the process for template creation. Although it isn't advertised as "medical records driven," if you set it up correctly, the only time you look at an invoice is to verify charges - everything comes from the medical record (or SmartFlowSheet). Integration with Xero was a big plus, as is the integration with our main distributor, which simplifies inventory and ordering.

Pros

Integrates fully with SmartFlowSheet Integrates with Xero Integrates with MWI Logical flow and layout Ease of communication with clients and with referring veterinarians Cloud-based, no servers to purchase or deal with Electronic signature capture (see below as well) They're in NZ (may not be a benefit for some, but we are only open at night, so the time difference is in our favor).

Cons

We use iPads in our consultation rooms, to go over estimates and get signatures. Because we have Apple TVs in each consultation room, it is easy to use AirPlay to review estimates (or radiographs, because ours is also cloud-based) on the TV. But using an iPad for signature capture is a little tricky, and it took us a while to figure out the sequence.

David from Broadview Veterinary Group, PLLC

Industry: Veterinary

A nice option for a cloud based practice management program

Overall it is a great cloud based program. Like all programs there are issues but they seem to be working hard to make the program better with each update.

Pros

I really like the ability to open the software up from any location with internet access. The cloud based model is great for software updates and knowing that our date is safe and secure off site.

Cons

The client portal is limited in its ability to be customized. There should be options for clients to pick a preferred provider. The calendar for scheduling in the hospital also is very overwhelming if you can not hide columns of doctors that are not in on a given day. We have close to 20 doctors and it is a challenge to work with it.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

Had the best feel and look. The others did not have look high enough quality.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share this great review, David. It is much appreciated. It's great to hear you are enjoying the freedom of a cloud based practice management system. I've looked into your issue and you might want to check in with our Support team since there is a way to hide doctors' columns. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Jenna from Black Diamond Equine

Industry: Veterinary

A first time users thoughts

Overall it has been great. Every once in a while the computer will glitch and move an appointment or just delete something. And if our internet is slow, so is EZYVET, but that is not the programs fault. The customer service is the best I have ever dealt with and everything is so easy to use. Since it's cloud based we can use it in the field or in the office. It makes everything flow so easily.

Pros

How easy this program is to use and train my staff on. I love that there are so many different ways to get things done. I always feel like they are adding on more bells and whistles and I just love it.

Cons

Honestly what I love the most is what I struggle with the most ha ha! There are so many features and updates, I feel like I am never using EZYVET to the fullest.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

I was not a part of the original choice, but I believe it was chosen because of the cloud system and how easy it was to use.

Response from ezyVet

Replied January 2020

Thank you for such a wonderful review, Jenna! We are delighted to hear that you are loving your experience. We have plenty more 'bells and whistles' coming too so stay tuned. All the best The ezyVet Team

Steven from Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota

Industry: Veterinary

Great software for the end users.

I use this software as a medical provider and as an administer trying to glean financial data from the various reports we can run.

Pros

I really like the reliability of the product. We used to restart our servers daily. Now things keep on chugging along without interruption.

Cons

The financial reporting doesn't work the way I am used to. Currently there isn't a way to run a report on invoices by the date they were closed. From what I can find closed invoices are linked back to the day the invoice was opened so if a report is run yesterday vs today, the results may be different. This requires extra work to try to catch those invoices that have subsequently closed so we can accurately pay our doctors who are on commission. We have just started to work with API to try to find a solution, so maybe there is an easy fix.

Reasons for Choosing ezyVet

The reported functionality and integration with various labs and referring veterinarians.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review, Steven. It is much appreciated. We are glad to hear you have transitioned smoothly to your new system. I have passed on your feedback around the financial reporting to the team. Hopefully we can find a nice easy solution to improve things. Best The ezyVet Team

Tylene from Pleasant Valley Pet Clinic

ezyVet is Easy!

Medical records are more accurate. Less items get missed in billing. The communications and memos are so helpful for our staff and love that everything is kept in the records.

Pros

Cloud based, allows us to work remotely user friendly multiple windows open at same time

Cons

The reports need some help. Most arent very helpful for our practice

Response from ezyVet

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your kind review, Tylene. We are glad you are are enjoying ezyVet and look forward to improving your team's experience in 2020. Regarding the reports, feel free to send through your ideas on how they can work better for your practice. This is the sort of feedback that shapes our future releases. Sincerely The ezyVet team

February 2015

David from Orchard Park Veterinary Medical Center, Orchard Park, New York

February 2015

Good Medicine = Good Medical Records = Good Software

We have ended a five-year search for better practice software, including an attempt at developing our own, by signing up with ezyVet. We are three weeks into the implementation---we made a good decision. The software is hosted and open source. We can say goodbye to our seven-foot-high rack of servers, turn off the dedicated HVAC unit required to keep them cool, and worry less about MicroSoft licensing fees. I anticipate that our recurring IT costs will be cut in half. What really sets this software apart from the dozens I've looked at is the manner in which it handles the medical records. I'm a big fan of problem-oriented medical records; apparently most veterinary software companies are not. EzyVet organizes the medical records in a unique way that facilitates the management of very complicated, chronically ill patients. Rather than scrolling through an endless string of log items, I can drill down into any case record and look at imaging reports, medications dispensed, or lab results without opening each individual visit. And for the first time in my career I have a complete and searchable Master Problem List, populated by The AAHA Diagnostic Terms (Veterinary Terminology Service Laboratory). The SOAP system of documentation is utilized, but each category is populated separately and in chronological order which really helps for lengthy hospitalizations. We opted for integration with Smart Flow Sheet for our whiteboard. We can now populate the invoice directly from our treatment flow sheets. Theoretically, no missed charges. Regardless of how complex the treatment plan, it is now legible. Shortcomings? It's a little too easy to double-book appointments. Populating the invoice completely from the medical record isn't completely cooked. But ezyVet has a Feedback feature that allows all users to recommend changes to the program. We all get a chance to vote, which brings popular changes forward in the queue. The end results is a software program that is constantly improving---next year's ezyVet will be better than this year's ezyVet. We are early in the process and things are still shaking out. We have a webinar scheduled today to discuss some inventory issues, but the ezyVet staff has been very responsive thus far. I suggest that you give this company a long look.

September 2015

JD from Russell Equine Veterinary Service

September 2015

Two months in and only getting better!

We are an exclusively equine practice with five veterinarians and four support staff. Before ezyvet we relied on a server-based system which required us to synchronize our laptops with the server computer in the clinic to obtain the latest patient and client records. The more laptops we added to the system, the more and more glitchy the synchronize process became. This problem was the main driving force that led us to looking at cloud-based management systems. The change to being cloud based has been amazing! The ability to book appointments, check case files, and input data and invoices during appointments has been a huge bonus. However, there is a learning curve to using this software if you are an equine vet. After two months we are becoming more familiar with how to input medical records in an efficient manner in the new system- however the change from invoice based entry in the old system to medical record based invoicing in the new system has been a change of pace that has been easier for some than others. The result I feel is that we have much better medical records overall, however it is a distinct change in the daily routine to enter the bills this way. In our install we opted for the integration with Xero accounting. This has been amazing! reconciling checks and payments has never been so straight forward and easy. I highly recommend xero and the integration as an addition to ezyvet. We also added on smart flowsheet and are getting to the point of taking it live soon- I will make sure to check in and update on how that is for an equine practice. The use of an i-pad to enter invoices when at an appointment lacks many of the functions present on a laptop. It gets tricky to select clients and patients to invoice when on the i-pad, and modifying the auto-generated invoices is nothing short of impossible. I am using an i-pad with the software daily, and find that I have to dig the laptop out of the truck to do certain tasks quite often. I would not recommend relying only on an i-pad to use this software at this point. The ipad interface has appeared to get better in the last two months, and I feel as though it will continue to do so- however at the time I write this I believe that it is not quite as easy to use as it appeared in the demo.

Shane from The Unusual Pet Vets Peninsula Clinic

EzyVet Review

Extremely positive and would highly recommend. I have been through changes of practice management software before and this was by far the smoothest and importantly we saw no downturn... in fact we jumped in productivity with the change over!

Pros

It integrates well with outside software companies. Once you understand the layout it makes a lot of sense and staff are able to use it quickly. Paperless.

Cons

The screens are "busy" but this is not a big issue. I would like to be able to integrate with alternative EFTPOS providers that then one currently offered.

Costs and features

Response from ezyVet

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your great review, Shane. It's awesome to get feedback like yours, especially hearing your clinics jumped in productivity straight from implementation. As with our regular feature updates, both our integrations and UI are areas you should expect to see new developments in in the coming months. We especially value customer feedback like yours since it helps shape the direction of our product development. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Steve from Hulen Hills Animal Hospital

EzyVet communicated well, and prepared our team to succeed. Their support team is very helpful.

Pros

I appreciate that the EzyVet software was easy for the staff to learn. The tech time that is saved especially when managing hospitalized patients translates to real dollars on the bottom line. My doctors think the medical record keeping is exceptional which means our exceptional medicine is always reflected in the medical record. Because EzyVet is a cloud-based stable platform, we no longer to worry about a server going down and data being lost. And my team enjoys being able to access records from any location and work seamlessly from home.

Cons

As with any cloud-based software, there's an additional cost incurred for the high-speed fiber. Also, our access goes down when the internet goes down making a redundant internet system required through multiple providers. Being in Texas, our weather can be volatile and it's not uncommon to lose power. When it does, we lose internet through both providers. However, we've overcome this challenge by using cellular-based tablets so we can continue to access medical records and take payments.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2018

Hey Steve, thanks for the awesome review. You're right about the reliance on internet being a challenge, but sound like you've got a pretty innovative way of mitigating this!

Kerry from Zippivet

Awesome software

Love the software and for 4 locations it’s super easy to schedule appointments and communication with client is readily available!

Pros

It has everything thing you need all In one place. Easy to schedule appts, add call backs and take care of business. Ease of access to all records for 4 locations is pretty expansive and it is WONDERFUL. Easy to locate records and send emails ! The text feature is great and the memo system is super cool, tho I wished it merged with dial pad phone software!

Cons

All the tabs and clicking . I and the warning when you have more than 11 open at a time. but in order to get to print vaccine history, I have to click open at least 5 tabs.. so very click!

Brian from Animal Clinic Northview, Inc.

ezyVet Practice Management Software

Always a responsive and professional team to work with.

Pros

This is an all inclusive platform that truly will transform the culture of a veterinary practice. It will help them to deliver quality medicine and position the business for growth.

Cons

It takes considerable time and effort to learn this software, but it is well worth it.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2020

Thank you for this great review, Brian. It is great to see a customer loving our software and getting the most out of it. Keep your ears open as we'll soon be rolling out some really exciting features that will further transform the way you run your business. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Kelly from Starwood Equine

Industry: Veterinary

Increased productivity through streamlined billing, client communication, and company collaboration.

- Increased production due to intuitive reminders/communication development. - Greater client support and communication via CallBack option. - Quicker billing and payment through grouped invoice emails and client Portal. - Higher quality of care due to SOC flashing info, detailed reminders, trending functions for Health Status, etc. - Efficient scheduling and one less login (this replaced Google Calendar) - Streamlined Payroll (this replaced TimeStation) - Green Business Certification support through ease of email and text communication.

Pros

Once all staff became comfortable with the software, our medical records are more consistent and billing is streamlined. Less items are missed on the invoicing due to product triggers in the medical notes. The billing and client communication has streamlined end of the month processing and cut the time down considerably. Sending out monthly statements takes 5 minutes. Integration with PayJunction also allows almost instant payment processing and monitoring.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, so it takes time and commitment to bring all staff into the on-site training. Once learned it is very simple.

Response from ezyVet

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review Kelly! Good to hear that your equine practice is benefiting so much from ezyVet

September 2016

Jenny from Jacqui Patersons Vets

September 2016

Veterinary software for the modern age!

We were helped through the somewhat difficult process of changing practice management systems by an extremely helpful and friendly team. Considering 50% of this was done remotely as the London office had not yet opened, there were no issues with communication at all. Training was given remote connection. Our contact Jess couldn't have been more helpful during 'go live' she was calm even when being asked 100 questions by stressed staff member, we really felt she was one of our team while she was here and continues to be a massive support for us. Ezyvet is a a completely different level from the PMS we had previously but we have found it very user friendly, if you can use a pc, you can use Ezyvet.

Pros

Ezyvet has helped us to stream line our procedures, the automated reminders for vax,wormer,flea treatment and appointments basically runs its self. Client comminication in itself is so much easier with Ezyvet as a SMS or email can be sent to the client direct from the system. The lab results attach directly from the lab to the patients file and notifies the vet which takes out a lot of time for reception who now do not need to spend hours attaching emails. There are lots of pros compared to our old system so it is difficult to list them all.

Cons

Some small details didn't come over correctly from our old system but I think this is more the fault of the old system than of Ezyvet.