• Pros

• "I like everything about this software! Easy to access and use, super convenient!"

• "Super easy to use, more modern and overall amazing!"

• "The app is really great, and I like it more than zipforms and docusign on the go. "

• Cons

• "It can be a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but the customer support team is great to help learn the ropes."

• "The cost is a bit cumbersome for our small brokerage, however, it does pay for itself as long as we have business. "

• "It takes a little too long to get customized forms returned for use, but overall, I think they do an amazing job."

Browse dotloop Reviews

Heather from Buildingpahomes.com at Iron Valley real estate of Central PA

An essential for a real estate agents!

Excellent!!

Pros

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

Cons

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Dotloop has so many possibilities & features that other systems do not offer and functions easily specifically on a mobile device!

Josh from The Results Team

Making Transaction Management Manageable

As mentioned above, Dotloop allowed our small team to transition away from paper-based processing to a fully digital solution. Our team was able to closer over 100 transactions per year with a single adminsitrative transaction coordinator thanks to its templates and task tracking systems.

Pros

Dotloop has a clean, intuitive interface (especially after their most recent design update). It helped our small team clear over a big hurdle of allowing our ops team to efficiently manage transactions while simultaneously allowing our agents to check on progress with as little friction as possible. Dotloop made it possible for our team to finally forego paper files and transact fully in the cloud.

Cons

Despite multiple attempts, our team never really trusted the more complex features of Dotloop (individual user permissioning in particular). Whether user or system error, we had several instances where non-team users were seeing notes, documents, or contact information they should not have seen. As a result, we used Dotloop for internal processing only, which means we had to look elsewhere for client-end solutions.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

Dotloop came highly recommended by other brokers in our firm. In addition, Dotloop seemed (at the time) to be the most standalone product—the other options required us to change our workflow to fit their system, as opposed to their system conforming to our way of doing business. Dotloop was much more flexible in this regard.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Top Producer is an old piece of software, and the age showed around the time we switched to Dotloop in 2017. We attempted to use Top Producer's transaction management solution, but it just wasn't up to par with what Dotloop was offering (either in feature set or usability).

Stacye from Coldwell Banker Realty

Easy to Learn

Experience has been great, I have not had any issues that I could not figure out.

Pros

I had been using another product to send to my Clients for signatures, and then we were told we were going to Dotloop. I thought wow this is easier to use and understand how to do the things I need! I have been using Dotloop for over 8 years and really like it.

Cons

That it will erase signatures if I made a grammatical mistake and want to go back in and change it. But I understand why, it is for protecting the Signatures .

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Our entire office was switching to Dotloop and it was included in our office bill. I thought it was so much easier to learn and use. Decided to switch companies and when I found out that they used Dotloop I was thrilled! I didn’t have to learn a new system!

Dusti from Engel & Völkers

DotLoop

I really like it. Sometimes we run into docs not being shared right and multiple loops wish that could be corrected easily

Pros

Love we can do our contracts, documents etc.. via virtual

Cons

Sometimes issues sharing docs, if you use the admin then team mate tries to share it doesn’t always go will ask for permission

Company chose

Gina from BHG Ellie & Associates

It's Okay....

I has to use this software while I was on a team. I was happy when I left the team and didn't have to use this any longer. I'm sure it's a good program, just not to my liking. I had to figure out how to use other programs of this type, and this one I just couldn't get it right.

Pros

dotloop does allow for file sharing, but I found it to be just a little confusing. I just never really got the hang of it. I like other programs much better.

Cons

To me, dotloop was way too confusing. I don't like this software since I found it not to be very user friendly. I know that other people I have worked with like this software, but I could never quite fully figure it out. Not in my top 10.....

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

My company requires we use this software.

Response from dotloop

Replied September 2020

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding dotloop. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience in using our software. I know there's a learning curve whenever people switch to a new product. With that in mind, I'm curious, did you go through any of our on-boarding videos? Thanks, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

kat from Compass

Fantastic program

I love it. I can't understand why someone would use anything else. It works perfectly with our needs and it makes the whole " work smarter not harder" saying, true.

Pros

It is made to make Real Estate Agents life easier. Easy to use and manage. Visually friendly. I got my brokerage to change because it is seamless and intuitive for our job.

Cons

If you have an account you can not merge with other accounts. Once you leave a team, if you paid for your membership you should be able to take it with you.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

You have a storage system that makes sense. Easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

It is much easier to use.

Lena from Redux Realty LLC

Overall the experience is great. Easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I like the ability to see all the documents together when I am in a loop. Very easy to add and edit documents. Shortcuts are my time savers. The links to "how to" video are super helpful and can be shared with other users

Cons

If the fields overlap by accident, the documents can't be saved. It doesn't provide exact place/ page that has overlapped fields, rather just mentions letter and a number with an error message that that document can't be saved.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

it was already set up when I joined the company

Audrey from Irons Real Estate

Thank Goodness For DotLoop!

Make my life so much easier, organized and I love how I can go back to even closed transactions and pull up an archived file if needed. I love how it tracks my production and transaction history.

Pros

I love how DotLoop captures all my transactions in one easy to use place. The dashboard on Dotloop is the best thing for real estate since email!

Cons

The only function I'd I have any issues with is when adding new people to a new transaction. I use the same title company over and over but for what ever reason when I start typing her name it does not pull the rest of her info from my contact list?

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

More actual transaction management with DotLoop, not just an e-signing program, so very much more!

CLAUDIA from JV REALTY

DETAILS

The organization of the properties.

Pros

i LIKE THIS SOFTWARE BECAUSE EVERY LOOP HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE LISTING AND WE CAN KEEP IT BERY ORGANIZED FROM ME AND THE BROEKERS, WE ALSO CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE COBROKE THAT CALLS AND THE CLIENTS THAT SAW THE PROPERTIES. I LOVE THAT WE CAN PUT THE DOCUMENTS OF THE PROPERTIES AND DIRECTLY FROM OUR PHONES AT THE APP.

Cons

THE DETAILS OF THE HOUSE (THE THREE POINTS) ARE NOT VERY ACCESIBLE AND in the phone app you have to click 3 times to access the details. it will be better to have ONLY the information filled at one of the 4 options such as task, the bell, people and documents. I was expecting that every change, new listing, every new information at the loop, the agents will get notified, but I have to go to whatsapp company chat to informed the changes, and then make the changes to dotloop.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

we check other real estate options, but they were too expensive and the organizations was not as I need.

Carol from RE/Max Results

Dot Loop

Dotloop has been very easy to learn and to use. It keeps my paperwork organized digitally and easy to access.

Pros

This program was very easy to learn. I was previously using DocuSign so it was not difficult to learn the new system. I find it easier and more user friendly than Docusign.

Cons

Actually, I don't have any complaints with this system. I had problems setting it up as I had an existing Dotloop under my previous companies but tech support fixed this promptly.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

I changed companies and my new company uses Dotloop

Yehuda from Kwsp

A happy Dotloop Customer

Pros

It works fantastically well for realtors.

Cons

I would love to see the interface a little more updated.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

DocuSign has to many steps you have to do to send a document.

Jessica from Exit Realty Southern

Keeping me and my clients in the loop!

Of all the real estate technology, software, tools, apps available and there are thousands I’m sure, Dotloop is by far my most important tool as a real estate agent. When I first started my real estate career I literally had no idea what documents I needed to complete. My brokerage offered dotloop to all its agents. So I added my first loop, selected the option for residential seller, and voila—all the forms that I needed to have complete were right there in front of me. Had I not had dotloop, I would not have been able to complete that first deal on my own. I had never been shown what paperwork was needed. And it was so easy to use. Everything I needed was right there and so easy to use. I have since changed brokerages and dotloop made the swap super easy. I’m a bit of a tech geek and want to know all the features a software provides. So I always check for user manuals. And I loved that they offer a PDF manual. I later learned about the Certified Looper Course. I enrolled and completed the course and received my certification. The tips and tricks I learned in this course had saved me countless hours managing my transactions. I can’t say enough good things about this software. It’s my most important tool.

Pros

Most liked features include: Ease of use for user and their clients; secure; ability to add new interactive forms; export client contact information; integration with Zillow, Gmail, etc.; Co-Op docs; AUTOFILL;

Cons

A feature that I would like to see added is within each loop you have a calendar tab that you can select. Once selected you see 3 full calendar months- the entire current months calendar, previous month and following month. You can toggle back to previous months or ahead to future months. The calendar shows all the key dates related to that loop both past and present. It pulls all the key dates from all the forms within the loop to give you a birds eye view of deadlines, expirations, etc. For example, a buyer loop would show the date offer was made, offer expiration date and time, offer accepted date, inspection period from start day to final day, anticipated closing date, financing contingency dates, extension periods, final walkthru date, Date of appraisal, Warranty start and end dates, etc. The system would provide you and your client with email and or text alerts for upcoming or expired dates. One click and you see a 3 month view of all the key dates for that loop.

Broker offered Dotloop.

Renee from The Home Team at Cressy & Everett

Great for teams & assistants

Dotloop helps us stay accountable, dependable, and flexible with streamlined systems.

Pros

We are a team of three agents and one assistant. We work remotely most of the time and our assistant works from home. Dotloop helps us to all stay in the 'loop' with new listings and sales. We are able to work from anywhere with an internet connection. The phone app allows us to work without a computer! We have the ability to set up custom templates with all of the documents we want each agent to use during all listings and sales. It also integrates with our CRM for easy importing of contacts.

Cons

The app could use some additional features but the lacking features are definitely not enough of a hindrance to keep us from using it on a daily basis.

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2019

Hi Renee -- thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! It's great to hear how the mobile app is helping your team manage your transactions. And we're thrilled to hear that you're connecting dotloop to your CRM to streamline the transaction management flow. Helping you integrate with other real estate software is a priority here, and your review reaffirms the work we put into our API efforts and partnerships. Thanks again Renee!

Josephine from Remax Edge

Useful and Easy to use

I a trying to find a way to make it a little ore cost efficient since we have so many users already. Its not but I do wish it was a little better for the broker trying to supply the system for its agents.

Pros

We have been using dotloop for a while after going through many different CRM's and dotlloop is the best one so far. It can be used for digital signature, paperwork filing & compliance records, messaging inter office and with clients, and for tasks. It is a product we use on a daily basis and has been an integral part of our operations.

Cons

Just like every real estate software it doesnt do everything and that is ok but of course the functions of noot being able to upload picture files is sometimes difficult.

more user friendly

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Dotloop had more features.

Vicki from EXP Realty

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

Pros

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

Cons

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

I was told that Dotloop had a program for a limited number of loops at less than $300. That is incorrect or I may not have switched.

Anne from ROYAL LePAGE Northern Advantage STEWART TEAM, Brokerage

OUTSTANDING TEAM FINCTIONS!

Makes daily tasks easy and stores all in one place for all people within our organization including our Stagers and Professional Photographer. We have Templates and task lists for all to be keep up to date on what needs to occur next!

Pros

We have customized this product to work for us in every area of our daily tasks as a Team. Dotloop helped load customized Templates that optimize the availability of all forms that may be required in any instance while at a desk or on the run. Our Team os growing and the ease of use for all from Admin to Accounting to the Salespeople and Owner is bar none the finest system available. We have tried other programs and all pale in comparison to this one. This is much more than an e-signature system. It is auto e-storage and has accountability for all signatures and contracts that pass through its system.

Cons

There really is nothing that we do not care for!

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

It is a simple and provides all the customization options to handle every part of our every day from Accounting to the professional stager and photographer, listing and marketing, sales people, to the Owner. All Team members find it easy to use and rely on it daily!

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Webforms was OK but not an all in one product. Transaction Desk was a requirement of our contract with a new Brokerage but we broke that portion of the contract to stand firm and return to Dotloop!

Sharon from Pinnacle Real Estate Partners, Lake of the Ozarks

Real Estate

Overall experience has been exceptional. The cost/benefit is spot on. Affordable and easy to use. It is truly the only product that I have been able to use with confidence on my phone. Living on the Lake of the Ozarks, we are out on the water all the time. I could not imagine trying to do my job without this product.

Pros

I am not very tech savy, and frankly just scared of technology. Dotloop is super easy to use on my laptop and also my phone. I like the fact that all parties get the information at the same time and can sign whenever, it does not have to go in order like some. I also really like the ability to see where things are at with the activity button. Customer service has been amazing. I have never had that over long wait. The reps have always been English speaking and well educated, easy to talk to and understand, and they understand me.

Cons

I wish I could get the same benefit from the software as a single user, that teams get. I would like to have folders for buyers and sellers that house the same 4 documents that are needed on each. I would also like ability to put old loops into folders.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

When I was with a Brokerage of about 200 Realtors, the company switched to Dotloop. I have moved and now work in a much smaller organization and automatically signed up so I could continue using Dotloop. I know it, I like, I trust it.

Cindy from Baird & Warner

Review of DotLoop

Basically, besides the email signature roadblock, my experience is good. I understand there is a learning curve and I'm working on it. Please continue to have your representatives available to support clients on the phone. A "live" person comes in so handy in stressful situations. I definitely value this option.

Pros

The product offers many valuable features. The sharing of tutorials is great and the DotLoop service team is excellent. It is VERY important to be able to speak to a knowledgeable representative on the "phone."

Cons

Signing documents for our older generation who is not computer savvy is definitely a roadblock. I've run into this situation several times. DocuSign has a way around this hurdle. Can DotLoop improve on this feature? Also, having a menu option for Hot Keys such as copying check boxes would be great. I did print off the Tip Sheet, but it would be helpful to have an on-screen option rather than searching on a website.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

Baird & Warner changed the product.

Martine from Gallery of Homes Real Estate

Use it everday

I have found dotloop pretty easy to use. I appreciate having templates at my fingertips and that I can create folders within each file to keep documents sets separated and me, better organized.

Pros

Dotloop has made this realtors life a little easier in being able to access all the templates I need for my mls system. Every form I could need is readily available and for the most part, my clients have found it easy to navigate.

Cons

Titles on templates - I would like it if the title popped out as I scrolled over them. Sometimes the only way I can find a specific addendum that I don't regularly use is by adding it to my file so I can see the full name of the document (and then archiving the unused documents afterwards). Also, on some documents the signing portion is automatically filled in and I don't want it to be (the Radon response is automatically set up so the client can sign every line, this has caused problems if I miss removing one - I don't know if this is something that's been set up by my mls or dotloop has done automatically though).

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2020

Hi Martine, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on dotloop, especially the area where you'd like to see improvement around titles on templates and the signing portion. I'll relay your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Shaylah from Keller Williams Complete Realty

Easy for Real Estate Clients to Use

Pros

My clients find this very easy to use from their mobile devices.

Cons

I started with the trial version. But I wasted some loops on practice and when I went back to erase them and use them for real loops, it made me purchase a full version even though I only had 1 or 2 official loop that had been sent to clients for signing. I wish I could copy and paste text boxes as they are often redundant. I also wish the text boxes weren't so finicky - if you need to edit the text after leaving the box, sometimes you need to actually erase some text before you can retype (maybe just on my computer - MacBook Pro). Also, maybe I am doing it wrong, but it is annoying when a document is mostly signed and then somebody notices a small typo or edit and once i touch it the signatures are all erased. It would be nice if instead of erasing everything, it would pings the signees to ask them to initial the edit and perhaps restricted downloading the document until all edits were acknowledged by all signing parties.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I use dotloop as my preferred signing software because it was a part of my realtor package when I joined my brokerage. Now it is the program that I am most comfortable with so I continue to favour it.

Jean from RE/MAX Connection Realtors

Impressive Software with Everything You Need for E-signatures in one platform

We have become a Paperless office thanks to Dotloop. No more file cabinets taking up 1/2 of the office space. Every file is saved in Dotloop and emails and misc docs are emailed right to the loop.

Pros

Easy to use and setup and I can turn any PDF into an electronic document. Every signature and initials are date and time stamped. Easy for clients to understand and use on their computer, tablet or Smartphones. The ability to Email contracts and docs directly to a loop is awesome and saves our agents a lot of time.

Cons

As an administrator I would like to have the ability to move agents from one office location to another. We've also had issues where the sellers agent and the buyers agent both make their own loop for one transaction. Things then tend to get confusing for the agents and clients.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

For all of the amazing features offered in Dotloop.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

We wanted the ability to go paperless and also have everything in one platform. With Zipforms our agents needed Docusign for electronic signatures and we couldn't upload PDF's to Zip and turn them into electronic docs. We had to pay Zip to turn all of our company docs into signable docs.

Shelia from PoweRMark Properties

DOTLOOP REVIEW

Great to use and easy to use. I Love I can set up my own groups for forms such as listing folder and buyer folder and all the docs are right there that I need for a transaction. I love that I can attach PDF files to send to folks who are not in the system.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how the forms autopopulate. I like that when a client signs it automatically comes back to me in the system and I am notified.

Cons

It is great system and I would not change anything as it has worked out very well for myself and my clients.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

This is easier to use for my clients

Response from dotloop

Replied November 2019

Hi Shelia, thank you so much for taking the time to share why you like using dotloop to get your real estate deals done!

ilona from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices

DOT LOOP is the best!

I have found customer service to be exceptional! I always get my answers.

Pros

This is the most user friendly signing system I have used. I am always so relieved when I find the agent on the other side of the transaction also has DOT LOOP.

Cons

I do not like that I lose all my contacts and contracts if I switch brokerages. You must rely on the previous broker to allow the transfer of "MY" information. There is a work-around. I paid $10.00 to another service which allowed me to transfer all that information BEFORE my previous broker shut me down.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

New brokerage offered Dot Loop.

Emily from KW

A Great Tool For Contract to Close

Overall, we were very happy with this system. The only reason we switched to docusign as a company was because Keller Williams did not want to be associated with Zillow, and Zillow bought out dotloop.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and use when preparing documents and sharing them to clients for e-signatures as well as cooperating brokers.

Cons

We experienced this very infrequently, but there were times when the system would glitch and lock the client out from signing a document. I think it was due to the document originator still being logged in or open on that document.

Sibrena "Bre" from CRG Companies, Inc.

Dotloop Review

I was first introduced to Dotloop about 6 years ago. It has helped streamline the listing and sales process for our agents tremendously . Having the ability to allow people to view and sign document via the internet is such a time and deal saver. Can't imagine doing business without it!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use anywhere.

Cons

It tends to be a bit slow at times opening loops and folders.

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2020

Hi Sibrena - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on dotloop. We're excited to hear that dotloop has helped streamline the listing and sales process for your agents. Best, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

DAVID from The Full House

Solid document management software

I've been using it for years for real estate sale transactions, lease-ups, signing property management clients, and personal document management (like executing forms for applications).

Pros

Dotloop makes it easy to track documentation on real estate transactions. You can create and edit templates for fast document prep and even apply old templates to new document versions. It also lets you upload additional forms for a transaction like existing leases, receipts, etc. Search functions are good and the document editing options are decent.

Cons

Sometimes when another party in a transaction invites you to interact with docs in Dotloop (and they are also a user), it can create redundancies which are a pain--multiple loops with the same or similar names, and each loop has different versions of the same documents.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

I moved to another company, and the new company provided DotLoop

Monica from real estate sales force

Dotloope Rocks!

Pros

Its easy to use and understand. the versatility, I can use it from my laptop, tablet or phone and its user friendly and its great when you need to integrate everyone in the deal. Love and recommend it to all

Cons

nothing

the ease

Roy from RE/MAX of Valdosta

I Like Efficiency.

The main benefit is the efficiency and professionalism I wrote about above. I can get more transactions done with less effort, which gives me more time to develop more business.

Pros

My clients like the results we get with Dotloop, and when my clients are happy, I'm happy. Specifically, I want to make the most of each minute of my workday. Dotloop makes it possible for me to prepare real estate documents such as Listing Agreements and Purchase & Sale contracts and get them to my clients for their electronic signature in a matter of minutes. My clients never have a problem with the signing, and I have documents back just as quickly as I sent them out. I like the feature that allows me to add documents from my files and then add text and signatures to those documents. I think typed text looks much more professional than handwritten text, and if you saw my handwriting, you'd agree.

Cons

If I could come up with a legitimate suggestion to improve Dotloop, I wouldn't hesitate to share it, but I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

My Broker made that decision, and I'm glad he did.

Brianna from Keller Williams

Dotloop makes us so much more efficient!

Dotloop is a great tool for real estate transactions, and it makes our day-to-day workload much more manageable!!

Pros

Dotloop is great for staying organized. The templates section can be broken into folders, which makes for easy real estate transactions! For example, if we have an Estate sale, we simply add to a loop all items from our “estate sale” template folder. When I save in the template folders, I fill out each item with necessary fields (i.e. date, text box, signature prompt, etc) so that it is ready to be used when added to a loop. Our clients also find Dotloop user-friendly and are able to complete their paperwork using Dotloop as well!

Cons

The only “issue” I can recall is that when entering contact information for people into Dotloop, it will attempt to fill in the fields for you. This is great, except if it fills the fields in inaccurately. For example, if a husband and wife share an email address and you are trying to add the wife but the husband already had been entered into Dotloop before, it fills the husband’s information in. This is easy to fix, but just know that it can happen.

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Eric from Weichert Realtors The Griffin Company

Good for management

It’s probably my second favorite in terms of the digital signing experience but my favorite for management features

Pros

It works very well for document management and transaction management. Universal support with large brokerages

Cons

Zillow related The signing experience is good but not as good as DocuSign Some features are hidden and not easy to discover

Price

Brokerage wide change

Response from dotloop

Replied September 2020

Hi Eric, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on dotloop. Best, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Very Helpful Software for Official Document Signing

Overall, DotLoop has been a great resource and tool to help me run my paperwork-filled business in a virus-laden, technology-heavy world. It allows me to store, fill, and send document templates without compatibility issues between operating systems or softwares. The site's seamless integration to its app (which works well on my Android phone) has allowed me to work on-the-go, and send documents to my very busy clients all around the world.

Pros

This product allows me to share contracts and other important documents with clients for their review and/or signature. This has been especially helpful with out of state clients, and now during the pandemic, it's helpful for those who can't view or sign documents in person. It also provides signature verification, which is accepted by the State of Texas as a replacement for a physical signature.

Cons

The software has a few glitches/unintuitive options that my customers couldn't figure out or solve, so I've had to get ahold of customer service to sort things out for them. For example, I assigned a task of getting a document notarized to a client, but the client could not figure out how to mark the task as complete or unsubscribe from reminders. Also, the fillable field color is light blue, which is difficult to see for some people.

Brokerage-sponsored move

Julie from KW

Best Document Signing Out There!

I use dotloop to run my real estate transactions. Clients love that I can send things directly to their phones for an instant signature.

Pros

I love dotloop! It is incredibly easy to use and accurate! Can't say enough good things about it.

Cons

My only complaint is they are no longer working with Keller Williams after this month. I'm going to miss having access to it and have even considered paying for it personally.

Phyllis from Logos Real Estate

Dotloop makes it easy to have clients all over the country!

I am able to conduct real estate transactions with ease electronically which cuts my time down from printing out, getting signatures, faxing or delivering documents, etc. The time saved is worth everything! Dotloop gives me more options of use than zipform and is much easier to use. I am also able to take another agent's document and easily edit it in dotloop as a PDF.

Pros

Dotloop is very user-friendly and has almost every feature needed to handle real estate transactions from start to finish.

Cons

The least favorite thing is that when executing a Residential real estate contract, the last agent needs to insert the execution date, or the last date the contract is signed. Dotloop doesn't let the realtor make changes without wiping out signatures. This One item Only needs to have edit capabilities for the realtor OR it should automatically enter the execution date as the date the last party signature is input. This slows down the process GREATLY and takes out the electronic factor because the realtor has to save the final copy as a PDF, write in the execution date, and upload as another PDF - before sending to title, lending, clients, etc. - Filling in this date before final signature does not work because signature timing rarely coincides.

Judy from RE/MAX Real Estate Group

No need to carry files with me & What a time saver

I have great experience in getting any questions answered when I called in

Pros

No need to print, easy to get documents signed and the best thing is everything is available to me 24/7 as long as I have my phone, iPad or computer.

Cons

I wish I had gotten it sooner. I no longer have to drive all over town just to get a client's signature.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

I love the ease of use for Dotloop

Karli from Keller Williams

Very Useful

In the age of technology, it seems so prehistoric to have to print out documents, sign them, and scan them. I am thankful for DOTLOOP for allowing my clients to be able to log in and sign documents in real time. This bit of software has allowed me to get offers to other agents quickly and to perform all of my necessary tasks without having to worry about my printer not having ink, or that someone may not have received a document. I love the feature that shows you all outgoing messages, and that reminds me of what tasks I have yet to complete.

Pros

My FAVORITE feature of this software is that it is paperless. You cannot get better then not having to fumble around with a sometimey printer. I can complete, or upload any document that I may need to work with from anywhere in the world. And my clients and I have access to these documents for life. They also appreciate that they can easily sign as well from their phones/ipads/tablets, etc. It really does make the Real Estate experience 100 times more pleasurable.

Cons

The one con to me about this software is that it does not intuitively see the blanks on the documents that you upload. Which means you have to add each respective text block, date block, signature, intials, each time which can be time consuming.

Liz from Rose and Womble Realty

Dot Loop Usage

As with a lot of things, I hated it when I started it. Now, I'm good with it. Once you learn it, you'll love it.

Pros

This is a good program for having everything in one place. You make a loop and add everything to that loop that pertains to the item you are doing. Since I am in real estate, the listing and sales of that listing can go into one loop and you don't need to search anywhere but in that loop for what you need. You add contacts and can get paperwork digitally signed. You don't need to keep paper. Great for paperless files. I can go from listing to closing on a house and have everything right there. Even getting the agent paid. Send what you need to the accounting department and wa-la....it's done. It keeps an activity log for each loop so you can go back and look to see if you missed something or not.

Cons

The training. I learn new things everyday. Training can't be done in just one sitting. There is so much to learn and you really need a good instructor. Most of it is easy, but still, I would like more training. The support team at the 800 # is great! You can't ask for better support.

Jo Ann from Gould & Associates Realty

Great Product!

My over all experience has been wonderful! I love that I am able to see what all the agents in my office are doing from my phone or desktop. Being a Realtor, we are always on the go, so having the accessibility from the app is HUGE for me. I am able to help any agents who have questions, or need me to review a file right away instead of having to make them wait until I get back to the office.

Pros

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my agents and see what transactions are going on even if I am out showing property! My favorite feature is the app. It has saved so much time while I am on the go!

Cons

The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails. I have ran into situations where the couple only has one email and it make's it a bit of a challenge. Other than that, I have been enjoying Dotloop.

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

Because the over all user friendly experience I had while testing the product and the over all user reviews was why I chose to use this product vs. the competitors.

Katie from Coldwell Banker REA

Helps with ease of transaction

No need to drive across town for signatures, faxed docs are hard to read and speeds up the transaction processing. Love the auto fill abd template features!

Pros

Easy to use, upload docs, guides signers through documents. Easy to track progress and see if/when recipients have opened the documents

Cons

I wish it allowed me to set signing order. I.e. when I want to have buyers sign, then sellers agent receive, etc by setting that all up from the start. Right now, I have to resend to other agents after buyers sign. Same thing with leases, I want tenants to sign then once I'm done with verifications on my end, I can open and sign.

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

My current broker uses dotloop

Victor from The Kinderhook Group

Lacking Some Basic Features .

In general it’s great. But they seem to have stopped improving it for users. But they keep adding more ways for Zillow (which owns DotLoop) to mine every bit of information about every transaction you do. Oh also I had been paying for DotLoop myself. When my agency started proving it for all agents, there was no way to move all of my deals to the DotLoop which I now get provided by my brokerage. That’s totally lame.

Pros

Having all of my documents for each deal in one place is fantastic.

Cons

There are not enough choices for what stage the transaction is at. For instance on a real estate purchase deal the choices for status are Pre-offer, under contract, withdrawn, sold, terminated or archived. Where is “accepted offer”? Or “under attorney review” etc. or maybe just let us customize our own status? But that’s impossible too.

Michele from Keller Williams Realty

Easy to Use

Pros

I like the dashboard of Dotloop. Each listing has a tile where it gives you a brief overview of the deal you are working on. It helps when managing a transaction. I like that you can upload multiple documents are at time and that you can store templates in the loops. I also like you can save multiple documents as and create a single PDF of all of them.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike about Dotloop execpt for the fact that you cannot mass export all of the data in your loops at a time. You have to pay for a service such as Dropbox do to this for you. The only work around is manually exporting everything one by one.

Response from dotloop

Replied October 2019

Hi Michele, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about dotloop. Glad to hear you like the layout and functionality of the dashboard and tiles. We also appreciate your comments regarding not being able to mass export all of your data -- we'll make sure to take that feedback into consideration. Thanks again!

Karon from Reese & Co Real Estate

Dotloop is the best software file management system!

It creates a perfect paperless system for our office, and the ease of the electronic signature feature is fabulous! Dotloop is very responsive and has ongoing training and help.

Pros

I like the ability to customize our forms, the ease of electronic signing, and the file management system. It's the best!

Reasons for Choosing dotloop

It's a better system than the others.

Shane from Coldwell Banker Real Estate

All Day, Every Day

Pros

Dotloop is a piece of software that has been pivotal to the existence of my business for over 4 years now. It is an incredibly easy to use platform with great integrations and flexibility. I have been forced to use other services (like AppFiles) by clients who didn't have Dotloop and the difference is night and day. If you are in need of a document sharing system for Real Estate, hands down the best option available is Dotloop.

Cons

While I love most everything about this platform, I do wish there were most customization options for "white label" styling, allowing the end recipient to have a more clean "in house" feel. If they could include some ability to customize the front end and the notification emails, that would be awesome.

Ashwin from Engel and volkers

Best software to maintain software

It is amazing. Things are made so easier and we need not keep a traditional track of paper works and dotloop makes everything easier and well maintained.

Pros

Easy to add different transactions and it allows digital signature which is so helpful to get contracts prepared.

Cons

Nothing in specific. Everything is easier and also our sales agents love using dot loop instead to traditional paperwork.

Nasim from LifStyl

Great customer Service

I was worried to lose my previous documents on dotloop when I was switching company but that had been solved with my my previous brokerage.

Pros

Dotloop makes my life much easier as a real estate person. Easy to use and customer service folks are always available to help and they are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

All went well. The only thing I am concern in future is that I use dotloop for my personal organization and documents. That is something they advertised to me before I use dotloop. If I need to switch company in future we have to have broker's permission to be able to use and keep our folders. I wish we still be able to keep our folders no matter what. especially the personal ones.

Tami from Cutler Real Estate

Dotloop has Changed the face of Real Estate Transactions forever!

Dotloop is my number 1 go-to Real Estate product for working with agents and others on transactions. I am able to communicate, send documents, make requests and have a record of it all. There is no better product on the market for our industry.

Pros

Dotloop keeps everything in a transaction organized. It allows agents, admins and coordinators view everything and stay compliant, view history and communicate with record.

Cons

While I recognize why it isn't a feature, I do wish there was a way to delete unnecessary documents. There should be a way for the system to recognize blank documents or send notification to the other parties if you are deleting a document that was previously shared with them,as a safeguard.

I use this to manage and maintain real estate transactions for multiple real estate agents.

Getting signed contract documents quick and efficiently.

Pros

I like that everything is organized by loops and that you can auto populate information just by filling out a form and it fills out the information for you so you don't need to go in and do it yourself. I like the convenience of having it done for you and notifying you when something has been signed. I also like that you can upload templates so that you can fill out the information in DotLoop rather than in a PDF.

Cons

I don't like that when you are an admin for your company that everyone else that is an admin receives the signed document and I don't like that you can't opt out of certain agents signed documents when they are completed. I wish there was also an easier way to transfer your loops with all of your paperwork to one account to another.

Kayleigh from Bricks & Mortar Real Estate Co.

5 Stars!

Love it!!

Pros

Super easy to use and makes my work a lot easier and efficient.

Cons

No complaints to say I like anything “the least”

Reasons for Switching to dotloop

A lot more options with Dotloop and more professional!

Response from dotloop

Replied September 2019

Hi Kayleigh! Thanks for the kind words about how dotloop makes managing your real estate transactions easier and more efficient.

Ian from Real Estate

Dotloop is perfect for my business

Pros

Easy to use well-integrated product. Excellent Customer Service.

Cons

Haven't had any negative issues with my use of dotloop.

Scott from Southwood GA Homes

Virtual Admin Support

Overall, Dotloop is the only software that allows me to organize all docs into folders that are kept in one place AND allows me to complete electronic signatures. It is a virtual filing cabinet and so much more.

Pros

I like how easy files can be added, removed, re-ordered, edited, shared & signed.

Cons

I would love to have the added feature of being able to highlight & create comments on documents that can later be removed. This would be extremely helpful to give clients brief explanations about contract language or to highlight what I need them to read, etc. I would also like for an option to be added for sharing a document in the following way: When the first person signing has finished, the document automatically gets sent to the next person in line and so on. Right now, the document can be shared to multiple parties all at once but there are times when I need the signed version of a document to be sent to a party who doesn't need to also sign but just needs a copy of the signed document.