(5,065)

5,065

(2,155)

2,155

• Pros

• "Ele é muito leve e fácil de se utilizar, quando você se conecta remoto com alguma outra máquina ele não fica com delay"

• "It's excellent very fast and very useful. I love the quality with which you work because it is the right one to work with."

• "It's very intuitive, easy to handle. It's easy to find your way around. It's quite playful. The pages are clear"

• Cons

• "Teamviewer is a great application but when compared to the alternatives out its pricing is just to high for my liking."

• "Team Viewer appearance is somewhat difficult and Colour Theme is disappointed but Team Viewee is Excellent."

• "Great tool but very expensive specially for small companies which have few clients and would want to cut down on cost of travelling to customers site and give technically support. "

Browse TeamViewer Reviews

Luis Daniel from YCS PR Corp.

An essential asset for your team

For me, personally it's the best app to connect remotely available in the market. Anydesk is a good second.

Pros

You'll be able to utilize this software to remotely connect to either assist your clients, manage your sytstems remotely, connect to a server, transfer files or execute commands from anywhere in the world. You can bookmark all your connections and manage them in groups and view the status of the machines from a simple side window.

Cons

The license can be a little expensive and sometimes the software may lag if the client you're connecting too is outdated. You need to look up the licenses because even the cheapest one, unless you buy a volume license, you need to be specific on how many people will be using the license and only one can use it at the time.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Knew a lot more about Teamviewer previously from usage and recommended by others in the same field as me.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Better connection Performance and reliability. Also less CPU intensive.

Cheikh from Cheikh Beye Okdakar

Industry: Computer Hardware

TeamViewer The best

TeamViewer allows me to earn money without having to travel as a freelancer.

Pros

TeamViewer is excellent software, as it allows us to transfer files quickly and privately with a high level of security. With TeamViewer, working remotely has become child's play, because you have remote access that allows you to monitor systems, networks, etc... On Windows and Linux. TeamViewer also gives you the possibility to correspond with colleagues during online meetings. The user interface of TeamViewer is also simple for the use of new software. Installations and updates can be carried out without any problems with a single click. When travelling with TeamViewer, you can use your Android devices, making it easy and convenient to be in contact with the target computer. With TeamViewer you can not only share your screen, but also access your entire computer. In short, TeamViewer is an excellent software compatible on mobile and Pc devices.

Cons

I think it's a good software overall but I find that TeamViewer is very slow when it comes to transferring large files. The other aspect is voice calls really, they are not at their best. The improvement will make a good deal. Finally, without a connection there is no possibility to control or access other devices in our own network.

Because TeamViewer is more popular

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Customer support of mikogo hasn't been the best for me

Alison from The Prairie School

Team Viewer works as a screen sharing program for institutions but is tricky to navigate for users.

For within an organization, the product is great for screen sharing, but outside it is just clunky.

Pros

I like that Team Viewer has free and paid options for users versus enterprise, it ensures that you have a quality product, but does not then price-gouge the occasional user. Team Viewer is a great alternative for screen sharing when you are able to have the time to figure out the tools, or have an IT Staff who are able to set it up for you and then train you for a simple navigation. I have had good success with companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but never in the other direction.

Cons

There are several things I did not like about Team Viewer. First, Team Viewer is very clunky to use. In terms of just setting up an account, there were steps that we (me and IT) did online and on the application, which also duplicated themselves. There were authorizations that seemed unnecessary. After downloading, the launched application still had to "okay" the computer, with further steps authorizing the machine through email, which were already done as part of setup. We acquired Team Viewer to share a work machine and a personal machine, with the personal account being the initiating account on the work machine, and the work account being the recipient. Due to, as Support said, too many similar characters in the two emails, they were flagged as being from the same organization even though the domains were completely different. Even with support, the issue was not resolvable. The screen sharing is extremely slow on a fairly open (no one was working) 300 mg pipe, which flies for everything else. In the end, we decided it was easier to work with two work machines for what we were trying to do, acquired a few external HDs and just used Remote Desktop. I have had success with other companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but have never been able to initiate back to them. Again, despite supports help, it is like my account is "flagged" to always be from organization to organization with little hope of resolution.

Matthew from freelancer

An Excellent Tool For Providing Remote Support

Overall TeamViewer is easy to use and convenient for working remotely or keeping in touch with colleagues via online meetings. I would recommend you give it a try.

Pros

With TeamViewer files are transferred quickly and privately. It is completely secure. Also, working remotely with TeamViewer is truly easy to do as you are provided remote access which enables you to monitor systems and networks remotely. Some devices that you can access and monitor remotely are Windows and Linux. In addition to remote access you can correspond with colleagues by having online meetings. TeamViewer also has a user friendly user interface. The easy installation and updates takes the stress out of dealing with a new software. Besides a PC , TeamViewer can be used on Android devices. This makes staying in touch on the go easier and more convenient. While other software might allow screen sharing TeamViewer allows you to not only share your screen but it also allows access to your entire PC. The drag and drop feature allows effortless file transfer from one system to another .

Cons

There are a few issues with sharing very large files but overall TeamViewer is a good choice for small businesses.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

At the time more persons were familiar with TeamViewer.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Easy to use free version and affordable paid version with premium features.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

Remote Assistance For Remote Work

As a WordPress freelancer, I work with clients from different parts of the world. I have found myself in situations where I need to explain to my clients - the way to do things. I mostly use TeamViewer in such case because using TeamViewer - I can see exactly what my client sees and then explain what they need to do - exactly the way they need to do. TeamViewer makes technical support amazingly simple and helpful. No need to write tutorial - No need to take screenshots and edit them - Just do it as needed and show to the other side!

Pros

The thing that I like most about TeamViewer is its stability. As a freelancer, Remote Access Tools are something that I use regularly and I haven't found any tool as stable as TeamViewer. Another pros of using TeamViewer is the File Sharing feature. There are many remote access software in the market but most of them don't have file sharing feature or good file sharing feature. However, with TeamViewer - it's different - it's file-sharing feature works perfectly. One of the best thing about TeamViewer is that - it's available in all major systems. For example - Windows, Android, Chrome OS, BlackBerry OS, Linux.

Cons

There aren't much to dislike about TeamViewer. However, I think the voice calls need to be improved. Since I don't like the quality of voice calls through TeamViewer - I use third party calling software while using TeamViewer. I hope the developers will improve it.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

I feel Anydesk is less stable than TeamViewer.

enoch from Effesus Technologies

Remote Access with TeamViewer

using teamviewer has been so great and i am able to deliver solutions to clients hundreds of miles away

Pros

the best remote access software you can find in town. the interface is so cool and the it is very easy to use. My team and I, when delievering IT solutions to our clients within this Covid season has become way easier and convinient such that the client doesn't have to meet us face to face, they don't need to come to the shop, they just need to install TeamViewer adn from a click away, we are able to deliver top notch IT solutions to them. they are happy and we are also happy

Cons

some the services on TeamViewer can be rendered for free

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

i wanted to try out other remote desktop services

Muhammad Ashhar from Avanza Solutions

One of few top softwares for taking remote sessions

Overall, its ease of mind to use it rather than its competitors like zoom and cisco webex. It runs smoother and hassle free.

Pros

Following are the features which I like 1. Ease of using shortcuts, in other remote meeting softwares shortcuts are a problem always. 2. It runs fast without a delay and also light on system resources. 3. You can leave it unattended for longer period of time.

Cons

I don't know its me or it happens with everyone that there no support for audio in it. I mean we can't talk to each other which taking the remote session. For this we have to establish a zoom meeting and do everything through teamviewer. Also they could add a feature like any desk that it remembers the last connections.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Because its dependable, fast and all of the above reasons which I mentioned in pros section.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Because cisco webex have some spots on screen which you can't click and that's very annoying.

Shankar from Forbes College

Easy Remote Control with TeamViewer.

I have been using teamviewer for more than 2 years for multiple purposes. I can solve my Client's problems by remotely accessing their pc via TeamViewer. Moreover I can access my computer from my mobile form anywhere with a stable internet.

Pros

TeamViewer is the best when it comes to remote desktop control. Using teamveiwer has been a very pleasent experience for me. It is very versatile therefore I can use it for multiple purposes.

Cons

Although its very rare but sometimes network gets unstable suddenly but I haven't faced such problems in a long time.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

I found TeamViewer to be more effentive and efficient .

Youssef from WonderEight

One of the best tools of remote support

Teamviewer is one of the most useful software in this period where work from home is the new normal. It allows me to easily assist my colleagues with all their IT enquiries. The connection through teamviewer is fast and the software is compatible with both windows and mac systems

Pros

I like the speed of connectivity to the remote desktop when I'm on a session supporting my colleagues. The connection rarely drops and the screen rarely lags compared to other competitors.

Cons

Teamviewer is free for personal use but pricing is a bit on the high end. As a business I can afford to buy the software but the problem is that you will need to pay to upgrade to newer major versions

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Teamviewer is faster during connections of remote support

Personal view on TeamViewer

Overall TeamViewer is good Software, which can greatly speed up troubleshooting process for Support Agents and it easy for use, even for people who never used this kind of Software before.

Pros

I like it's ability to establish good working connection between two PC's and transfer files around, which comes in handy a lot in my job as Customer Support Agent.

Cons

I would that there is more support between versions, because I had an issue where I was using v14 and Customer v12 and I was unable to connect remotely and help them in timely manner, until their internal IT came and did upgrade of TeamViewer.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

I was able to use TightVNC only to remotely connect on the home network of the Customer, but to connect to their main PC, I had to use another Software and in my case that was TeamViewer.

Teamviewer - Acesso remoto versátil

I currently use the Anydesk software much more, as it allows it to run without the need for version compatibility. However, the use with Teamviewer is very good, as it is very light, safe and fast, where I can efficiently support my clients or even on the internal network. I recommend its use for all users, taking into account only the issue of compatibility between versions.

Pros

Teamviewer is software for remote, simple and secure access. Available on all platforms, from Windows to mobile, the application is very safe and light, allowing snapshots via ID and password. The possibility of sending files and chat are also differential, as they allow fast and secure solutions in the remote environment. The software is very light, being able to run on any machine without major problems, and because it is used on several computers, the possibility of support is much greater. We can highlight the main positive points: - Security by accessing ID and password; - Lightness and practicality of the software; - Sending simple files; - Chat between local and host; - Multiplataform. I recommend the software for new users and even the most advanced ones.

Cons

The main downside of Teamviewer is the need that the same version of the software must be installed on the two computers that are connected, the local computer and the host. This is a very flawed point, as the client (host) is often very lay with computers, and is rarely able to download the latest version of the software. With this often, the problem can only be solved locally or with other software. This issue should be reviewed by the developer.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Best Remote Desktop Software in The Market

I find it very helpful especially when I control my VPS without the need to open it using the remote desktop app on windows and this saved me a lot of time and the best thing is I have full access and full control and I can do whatever I want and it works with a slow internet connection too. I really like TeamViewer and it's one of the best in the market right now hope the company will keep the great work and give us more options and improve this software in the future.

Pros

I like it because It's free and their paid plans are very cheap compared to the value and I find it easy to use with a user-friendly UI. I can access any device from my windows pc even it's a Mac or Linux or an android phone and a VPS too. I can use it to have full control of my other devices just using an internet connection for example I can Install any program remotely or shut down the pc or even turn it on. I can record sessions remotely from my other device without any problem and I can play them again too. It's safe and secure software and with their encryption system, I really feel safe using it to control other devices without any problem and what I like is the random password feature when I start the software. File transfer is a game-changer in TeamViewer because it allows me to transfer any files between my devices and the transfer speed is good especially when transferring big files. I love the real-time chat feature because I can chat with the other person while I'm controlling it and I find it very useful. I can customize TeamViewer to anything I want, for example, I can change the colors and can add my logo...etc. TeamViewer customer service is excellent, and they are doing a fantastic job, and they have a lot of blog articles and videos on how to use all the software features. After all, TeamViewer is well-known software in the market, and I never had any problem with it especially when I ask someone else to install it on their device.

Cons

Without Internet Connection you really can't do anything with it I hope they can give us an option to control and access other devices in our network without the Internet. I said the Transfer speed is good but, it's not the best because sometimes it can be a little bit slow especially when transferring big files. They can add more features and improve it with time like they did in the past.

LOURDES from Mod2 Inc

Take Control of Your Servers in a Secure and Effective Way

We've been using Teamviewer over the past 5 years or so because of its ease of usage and increasingly beneficial features. It is also fast and reliable that we integrated its API support to our own application so that our users/customers can easily interact with our support staff when they need assistance. We dropped usage of LogMeIn and Windows RDP because of Teamviewer's proven superiority over these tools.

Pros

Teamviewer is a critical tool for our daily support and software development. It allowed us to manage, control, and setup our customer's servers, both those that are virtually in AWS and physical alike. It's ability to securely remote control the server is only a part of its many features that are essential to our business. Our support staff are also able to collaborate with users by logging in to their computers via Teamviewer so users can show their questions or issues in our application through illustrations or by how they use the app -- our support people can see live how while they're logged in via Teamviewer. As a developer, my favorite and, perhaps, widely used feature is the secure file transfer. This allows me to download log files from servers so I can review them at my own pace in my local machine. The transfer also allows me to upload an exe to the server so I can test a particular feature/fix using the client's environment and database before actually releasing the change, under certain conditions, of course.

Cons

Very small thing: we use an older version of Teamviewer because we'd like to keep our fees at a minimum. Newer versions of Teamviewer would not allow remote control into a computer that has a lower version , so it's a small inconvenience when you have the latest (free) version in your home computer and you are forced to downgrade just so you can get access to the computer with the lower version.

Neel from MMPerimeter

Sold, Multiplatform Remote Access and Viewing Solution, with some issues

I highly recommend TeamViewer -- I had recommended it to several counterparts at peer firms, and have started to use the personal version with my own computers. Several of my users have started using it with their own family and friends once they saw how easy the program is to set up and use.

Pros

I love how easy this program is to use across many device platforms -- Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. I really like how it allows full control over computers and Android devices. It is rock solid for screen viewing on iPhone, and is really easy to get a user into a support session. It works well and maintains a solid, unfaltering connection even when our available alternatives (Zoom, Teams, Skype for Business, Quick Assist for Windows 10) fail. The device details that the program displays has helped me correct issues that users don't even know they have and suggest updates that users don't even realize that they lack.

Cons

While the remote screen viewing feature is rock solid on iPhones, the connection seems to be lost very frequently on iPad devices. When this bug is acting up, the product is almost unusable on affected devices. On iOS in general, the OS seems to prompt for disconnection very often on some devices (seems like older devices only in my limited experience). If the user is not paying attention and hits the button to close the screen share, reconnection is required.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Ease of use, free basic license, affordable enterprise license.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

It was the easiest solution I found for getting my users onto a remote support and viewing platform

Good and most importantly secure software

Overall it's a good remote desktop access tool which has a great features like recording and data share. This helps the teams to work faster which helps to increase productivity/efficiency and in turn helps in achieving the timelines. I would recommend this software. It's really helps you setup or install software on the clients system.

Pros

The best part of the software is that it's fast. I use it on my phone too and it works great without any lags of buffer. It's easy to use with simple UI. Next thing which I like about this software is that only one license is required That is is I had paid version then, client side paid version is not required which makes use hassle free. Another great feature is the recording part. This feature helps the team understand things better also, helps the development team to debug the issue much better. It's really easy to setup/install/uninstall software or configure system on client side using teamviewer. It actually makes QA- Client life easy :) It's great remote desktop access tool with which you can also share files. So, while in conference calls, this feature is very convenient when you want to share something with client its quick and easy. This software make the work easy and fast for sure. Furthermore, for remote software security is very important especially when you are working with client. I never faced any issue with security on client side as well. Configuring client's system was quite easy and quick. So, for me it's a good and safe software.

Cons

There are popups to upgrade team viewer which is sometimes annoying as you are in middle of something and upgrade popup comes up to switch version. I mean this can be times or run in background some fix is needed for this. Coupe of times I also faced problems while sharing large files maybe it's internet, I'm not sure, But this takes your time and is not good.

Emir from BH Telecom

Great app for assisting friends and family

This is the app i use for remote assitance for private use. Problems i encountered over the years usualy have workarounds, but main thing is that you can in matter of minutes access remote PC and do the magic.

Pros

It is easy to use. In a few minutes anybody with low tech skills can install client and send you data needed for remote assistance. It works with great even with fairly slow internet connection. My number one solution for private usage

Cons

Well price for companies for premium solutions is overpriced. There is no Wayland support for Ubuntu, and also remote access to some Android devices is limited. When i bought licence few years ago, after some time i could not use licence. When they release new bigger version you loose you licence ( payed 500€). Also montly fee is fairly too high especialy for 3rd world countries.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

I used it for years and i still use it. As long as they offer free private usage i will use it. But i thing premium options are overpriced.

Easyier to connect with Teamviewer

Jeheen Mahmood from Personas

If you are providing remote serice, you need this

This is a robust workhorse for any and all remote assistance, resource maintanance tool. In my years of use, I have only seen it fail a couple of times. There were some issues with network, but that is not TeamViewer's fault. Do keep in mind, to get the best out of this tool, you should have a stable network on both ends.

Pros

This is the most stable remote access tool I have tested, and I tested an awful lot of them. The file transfer feature works like a charm and is very secure, if you are worried about privacy. Being a remote employee, I have to use PCs all over the world pretty frequently. TeamViewer has proved to be the most stable tool for that. The remote access without assistance feature is especially helpful for a project manager who needs to maintain assests in separate locations.

Cons

To be honest, the sound settings is a little confusing to set up. While on a call it gets tangled up with the call Skype/Slack/Hangouts etc) and creates very irritating screeching noise and/or feedback. It is best to turn of the sound. I guess you can use TeamViewer for calls as well, but I never figured it out as we are pretty much embedded into Slack :D Also the price is rather steep. It is hard for small teams to afford the tool. But if remote work is a core component of your project, you simply have to manage.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Due to stability and better UI. It did cost rather a lot more than the competitor, but when you are handling important projects, you do need the best solutions.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer had better stability and a much nicer UI.

Francisco Javier from Mateo y Sanz

A great way to offer remote support

We are using teamviewer to support nearly 200 computers in several countries and the daily use it's really useful. The overall image quality is good and the integrated chat, options to update remotely, reboot, block remote enter, etc makes teamviewer a great support tool. Really advisable

Pros

If you manage a lot of computers (in my case around 200), its an invaluable solution. It let's you to organize computers in groups to easily access it in a dissatend way. The possibility to add a password to a common use PC it's really helpful. And the portable version TeamviewerQS gives you a great flexibility to help a sporadic customer. The installation is completely transparent to firewall so it's really easy to deploy

Cons

The support to android devices is a separate license. In my case, have 3 licenses to pc but would have only one license to android, because it's rarely used, but the licenses system of teamviewer require to have the same number to any system. So finally, we decide to not contract this part. The other cons happens with any equipment that have started the software with a non-administrative account because when an elevated privileges process occurs, the screen to introduce the password it's not seen on the teamviewer agent computer. It can be solved with a work-around starting the software with windows credentials type instead of teamviewer credentials, but it's annoying

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

the easy installation through different networks. It doesn't need to open ports, or make a VPN

Michael from APC Home Health Service Inc

Used daily by busy IT team

Now that a lot of our employees are stuck working from home, we can quickly support them in their PC troubleshooting needs without having to be locally present.

Pros

We have TeamViewer integrated with Ninja RMM and is heavily used daily to support hundreds of remote users. TeamViewer is rock-solid and does the job every time.

Cons

It would be nice to improve the client experience when requesting support from a technician. Perhaps being able to send a link via email to the user would assist the lesser technically capable users.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

The Ninja RMM integration was more seamless.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

It integrates into Ninja RMM and makes connectivity more seam less for us, and more cost effective.

Ryan from Electronic Merchant Systems

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use but lacking

My overall experience with using teamviewer is the ability to quickly remote into a person's PC along with the automatic two factor authentication that is uses where the user gives you a password and ID to log in. It allows me to quickly remote into software using it quick support and diagnosis problems such as error messages and virus/malware infections. Overall it does it's job well and although it lacks certain useful features such as freeze screens and camera capabilities using a mobile device; it still provides solid use for any technicians that quickly need to remote in and assist their client to get back to 100% performance.

Pros

The most impactful feature regarding this product is the ability to assist others who need help and it is free to use as well for personal use. Teamviewer is a remote software that allows you to remote into another person's software in order to help them and troubleshoot any issues they are experiencing, along with transferring files that may aid in helping you fix their issuen Due to it having a free license option you are able to take it for a test run by choosing the option personal (non-commercial) which gives you the basic functionality like remoting into a person's pc and transferring files, if you purchase licenses than you unlock a few more features.

Cons

The least thing I liked about this software was the limitations compared to another software called logmein such as the ability to freeze screens, access certain aspects of a computer without needing to remote in like changing the username and password. And the problems that occur when a customer uses a tablet or phone on wireless networks where it takes forever to load which can be expected but also sometime it never loads. The one thing I don't like is the inability to use a person's camera to see what they see for wiring that logmein (rescueme) can do through lens sessions.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Zoho was way too pricey and lacks the ability to test to make sure it works the way I want as it only has a trial compared to free use with teamviewer.

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Fast and stable

I have been using it since version 5, my micro-enterprise even provides it for use by our third parties who provide support and consultancy to our clients for the management systems we develop. In a decade of use, I can say that I have never been disappointed, it is always available very quickly for us to make a support connection with our customers, including for unmanaged servers and from one country to other. Mobile access makes it easy when you're on travel and need to solve a problem quickly. Despite being expensive by our standards, I can say without a doubt that it pays off every penny spent, I reinforce this by saying that we already do home office and remote service years before this became fashionable. At this point the expensive price teamviewer removes costs the other side of the business.

Pros

The most interesting feature of the teamviewer is the availability: the connection always works very quickly. Something that does not always remember is that bypass any configuration for firewall and ports and is very easy for any intermediate user understand how to activate and how to pass the ID/password without much explanation.

Cons

The versions have become more bureaucratic, adding cost and functions that a small company does not need. If you just need efficient casual support, this application starts to be close to the end of the cost-benefit line. There could be a simpler portable version, with only remote access functions for support purposes, without account registration, and therefore cheaper. It is ideal as it is for medium or large companies, but this suggestion would make it easier for micro or small companies.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Here I talk about the experience over the last few years, think that as Teamviewer is expensive for us, whenever there is a new application that could make it cheaper we tested and compared it. There were other experiences, but I don't remember the names. All the products we tested have two problems: they are either the same as Teamviewer and maintain the same price range or more expensive, or they are cheaper and become terribly slow. Some are fast until you need them, by the time you need them, they can work or be too slow. Instability and slowness are the last things you need to solve problems for your client, so far no product has surpassed TV in all aspects. In line of business, if you found something similar even in cost, you never change suppliers, as your customer, your consultants and your own technicians are used to it. And so we use and pay for TV today, if we need to save we cut other costs.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

About ten years ago, we tested several remote access options, but all had the problem of requiring to configure firewall, modem and external ports, and each time the customer changed or reset these settings, it was necessary to go again in person to reconfigure everything . In addition the options in general were slow or made to just reflect the screen, not really interact. Knowing and testing TeamViewer never changes.

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

Screen Sharing at its Finest!

Overall, TeamViewer has been a great way to save time when you don't necessarily need someone to come to you to see your computer screen, and can help you remotely. This works for large corporations as well as small businesses. This doesn't have to strictly be used for IT, I am sure it can be used for different sorts of video conferences for everyone working remotely, although I personally have not used it in that way. For IT aspect, it saves you the hassle of having to "screenshot" pictures or errors and emailing them all back and forth. It's a timesaver!

Pros

TeamViewer software was introduced to me several years ago when I worked for a larger corporate insurance company. Many times, everyone's computer in my department, over 2500 of us, ran automatic updates overnight when we were logged out. This allowed our IT Department to make any changes and maintenance. At that company, when we had issues with our claim software, or phone login, or anything technical, we would report that to our IT Department. They would quickly give us a call, working remotely, and I would accept the TeamViewer request to share the screen. Our IT would have full access to my screen and be able to guide me, or take control, whenever they pleased. Currently, this software works JUST THE SAME for the small family owned business I work for. We recently switched domains, and needed help getting our emails switched over properly without losing all of our mailboxes. This was such an important part of the domain switch. With the help of TeamViewer, our hired IT professional was able to jump in and guide several of us to save back ups and take the next important steps to secure our data.

Cons

Using TeamViewer, I've noticed that sometimes you do experience a "lag", but nothing unmanageable. Also, make sure you and whoever is on the other end make it clear on who is running the mouse! That is just a user error, but I've noticed that I would get direction to "click here" and when I would go to move the mouse, the person at the other end would be doing the same. Once you give control of your computer, I don't think there is any way to stop the other persons movement until you completely log out. Not like you can put them on pause. Again, this is not a software issue, just something you need to consider if you want a seamless process.

Kudakwashe from Madrush Technologies

Remote Desktop Wars

Pros

What i really don't understand is why would a company develop such a great tool, gets you hooked and then when you and your clients are now familiar and comfortable in using the software then out of the blue, you have to pay to use the software? This doesn't apply to TeamViewer alone, another remote desktop admin app Anydesk did the same thing and recently now the offer buy the business version. At least have the community version with less features than to have timed sessions. But overall it remains the best tool on the market and at least they got the file sharing support perfect unlike Anydesk.

File Sharing Features

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Its too expensive and Anydesk still have a free version that can do the basic work without a hustle for now.

Abraham from Information Technology and Computing Services

Pros and Cons of TeamViewer

I was introduced to TeamViewer during the early stages of my career in IT and the software has always delivered when the tough gets going. I've been using TeamViewer now for over 10 years and the current version today has improved immensely since the previous versions. Today, I am fully utilizing almost all the features shipped with TeamViewer from recording sessions during meetings, chat utility, file transfer, audio conferencing, video presentations, etc. It has given me the confidence to perform my duties in the office and outside the office when I am on the go. In addition to the years of experience, I have personalized TeamViewer now as my first choice remote software that I use to manage my own home lab which I can access from anywhere in the world.

Pros

TeamViewer is a great tool for anyone out there who is looking to manage multiple platforms remotely and with efficiency. I like TeamViewer because it helps me a lot in my line of work, and as an IT professional I need a centralized remote access console to be able to access my devices easily when the need arises. I've been using TeamViewer for the past 10 years and it has enabled me to complete my work from anywhere at anytime, without relying on other technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network). Apart from just using TeamViewer to access your computing devices remotely over the internet, it comes with other great features like session recording, file transfer, chat utility and configuration settings to help you customize the software to suit your working needs.

Cons

The audio conferencing setup and configuration for some users can be an overwhelming experience, especially if the person is not accustomed to configuring software to engage in a conference call. IT support or assistance someone who has better knowledge about TeamViewer may be required in such situations to assist. In some situations I have had to assist end users to configure this feature for them when other audio conferencing platforms fail, and the feedback from the requester is that they have no idea whatsoever on how to proceed with the setup. Perhaps in future TeamViewer may become the go to platform for audio conferencing and chat in regards to other products like Skype and Skype for Business. In my opinion TeamViewer is an awesome tool, why? because it provides the necessary features to improve a person's production when his/her work demands it.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer offers a better management console with stable connectivity from source to destination. It's easy to install, configure and upgrading to the next version is so easy with a few clicks of your mouse. The other compelling aspect about TeamViewer is the reasonable pricing and 24/7 technical support when you need it. As an administrator and a customer I am satisfied with the product and I confidently recommend TeamViewer to anyone who is looking for a multi-tasking platform.

Powerful and easy to use, but terrible support and extremely expensive.

TeamViewer used to be a one-time purchase (albeit and expensive one). While TeamViewer was in this state, I used it frequently to access clients computers remotely. However, the minute TeamViewer changed to a monthly subscription, I stopped using it. The $50/month was simply too expensive when other alternatives became available for less.

Pros

TeamViewer's remote access capabilities are quite impressive and secure. Setting it up is fairly simple, and can provide remote screen access and file sharing capabilities. TeamViewer can also be set up to only be run on demand (i.e. for tech support purposes), and to run in "unattended" mode (i.e. to always be running and always allowing remote access). Finally, TeamViewer is free for personal use

Cons

While TeamViewer is free for personal use, any business use requires a $50/month license - which is outrageously expensive compared to other options. One of the most frustrating aspects, during install TeamViewer asks whether it will be used for personal or business purposes. If you select personal, TeamViewer will operate in free mode in perpetuity, however if you accidentally select business, there is now way to revert that to personal. Contacting TeamViewer support is useless, as it can takes days to weeks to hear back from support. Even when paying the $50/month, TeamViewer support is slow to respond, and often times unhelpful in their answers.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer used to be best in class, and few alternatives where around the matched TeamViewer's features and ease-of-use. However, at this point, I no longer use TeamViewer, as I have primarily switched to Jump Desktop (https://jumpdesktop.com).

Thomas from Beamstyle Limited

Great software, easy on non-technical users

TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

Pros

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

Cons

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

AnyDesk is not achieving what I want, when I need to help my clients. Every time I need to request for admin privileges, I have to call them up and tell them to click "Yes" on that screen. That is pretty annoying for the client. There was one session I had to call my client 4 times on the phone. I could feel our client was a bit upset. They just wanted me to fix the computer.

Emad from Sino Holding Group

Industry: Machinery

TeamViewer is packed with unique features but at inflated price.

The best overall remote access and desktop sharing software in the market hands down, packed with lots of features that you could barely find in any free or paid alternative, but this all comes in a very restricted free plan and inflated price if you decided to upgrade to paid plans, their prices need to be revised and their cancellation policy need to be reviewed and implemented properly for the best of their customers first.

Pros

A fundamental portion of my work duties require constant and stable remote connection for wide variety of tasks ranging from colloaborating with my collegeus on a project or to overseeing some developments/deployments for platforms or make essential modifications to work in progress, aside from that i use it for a lot of personal tasks to run on my home PC or manage some features in my home network or control devices connected to it, honestly teamviewer is a leader and the most rich feature in the industry when it comes to remote access programs, they managed to dominate the market as it has been in business for a very long time, This program has it all in one package, the program is very compact size run on very minimal machine resources, you can run it unattended without installing a program itself which saves a lot of space and very convenient, you can connect all your devices to your account on the cloud to instantly access and managed all devices with a single click, support multiple platforms and systems, very friendly and easy to learn interface, it can maintain a stable and flawless connection between you and your partner even if the network isn't stable at either side, it has outstanding and mature features available to both free and paid users, sometimes not available or only for paid version on other alternatives (chat, make an audio/video conference with partner or group, transfer a huge amount of files with large size instantly, privacy control and more).

Cons

I would have given this amazing piece of software the full mark unless it suffers from two basic issues that irritates me a lot and need the company to look for a solution to those problems sooner than later if it wants to keep its loyal customers like me, First and most important one is their pricing plan for paid version, As i mentioned I use the paid version for business but recently the prices has doubled for no apparent reason, and there is no clear cancellation policy on which i can opt out from using this software or change plans to lower one, the customer service need to do more to address this issue and help us by having different options with reasonable price and effective cancellation policy for those who want to change their mind and not get a constant deduction against their will, the Second reason is for the free version for personal use like the one i use in my home, which after latest updates became very messy and disconnect me every 10 seconds with an ambiguous message stating that there is a commercial use detected and a long time out before i regain access and reconnected again and again, I never suffered any such problem like this before, but the free version become very hard to use with this policy which made me sadly revert to less intrusive and more welcoming alternatives, those issues needed to be addressed and resolved ASAP so teamviewer can keep his position as the number one product for remote access of all the time as it once were.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Aside from all the pros i have mentioned in my review, this software has some crucial privacy control options that i need the most, like for instance, limit access permissions for the other party or switch control sides, install VPN for extra layer of security and wake up compuers in LAN.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

It has major security flaws that could compromise my sensitive data , the UI isn't friendly at all, lack most of necessary features either in free or paid plans that were crucial for me.

Remote Connection is now made easy with TeamViewer

Communication problem using this tool was very much easy and has reduced the cost of the additional IT Infrastructure set up as we get connected to all stake holders and client meetings very easily and flexible and audio and video conferencing is really a wonderful feature are enjoying. This is also available in mobile version as a result we are connecting to our business meetings on the go a fantastic feature i really love

Pros

I have been using this software for both business(remote IT Connection) and personal use and have been consistently impressed with it. We all in our organisation are using this as for main communication with project and client. It has made much more easier and hardware cost has been reduced to lot extent there by increasing the organisational standards interns of growth and IT tools implementation and development. Features are really wonderful it has great a screen sharing,audio and video calling facility so that we get connected across all the people in the globe and this team viewer comes with 2 editions one for personal and commercial use.One for personal use and other is at organisation level.

Cons

There is very least about this software everything is really wonderful. But the least about this software is the program that renders output if we consider like handbrake doesn't consider TeamViewer as a legitimate physical display and these programs show up as black or white rectangles. But another small drawback which I felt is its commercial version is bit costly but even then we can afford as this is giving great benefits like video and audio screen sharing conferences

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

Earlier we relied on this tool but it was not productive compared to team viewer as team viewer is great in terms of features and flexibility

Ho'omana Nathan from Oklahoma State University

Probably the best multi-platform remote access\support program

This is a great remote desktop solution for both professional and personal use, and the personal version has all the features of the commercial version, so if you'd like to try it out personally first, you have that option! If you're looking for a remote desktop solution besides the (excellent) Windows Remote Desktop Client, this is a great starting place.

Pros

I've used this software for both business (remote IT support) and personal (less-tech-savvy family) uses and have been consistently impressed with how easy it is for both parties to install and use this powerful remote desktop solution. I love the varying degrees of control that one can take over the remotely accessed desktop (e.g. blocking user input on the accessed device or blacking out their screen), and the ability to transfer files to and chat with the remote user.

Cons

The only major issue I've had is that programs that render directly to an output (e.g. Handbrake) don’t see TeamViewer as a legitimate physical display, so those programs will show up as either white or black rectangles. This means that you can’t see what’s going on in those programs.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

I've used Microsoft Remote Desktop and Chrome Remote Desktop. For Windows-Windows connections on the same LAN, Microsoft Remote Desktop blows Chrome Remote Desktop out of the water in my opinion, since it’s literally like you’re sitting at the machine in every way. However, unless you’re onsite or using a VPN, this isn’t always possible, so TeamViewer or Chrome Remote Desktop are nice solutions for offsite access. TeamViewer is much more robust, and is much easier for less tech-savvy users to set up, and you can walk them through it over the phone if necessary (“Just google ‘TeamViewer’ and click ‘Download'”. However, TeamViewer wants to update VERY regularly and sometimes doesn’t connect reliably. We’ve never had a problem with Chrome Remote Desktop once it’s set up, and it’s much lighter and integrated into Chrome.

Connor from Solution Consultants ICT LTD

Industry: Computer Networking

TeamViewer is the best at what it does if you don't mind the cost

TeamViewer has been very pleasurable to use, if you're moving to TeamViewer from another remote desktop solution then you'll be very impressed. I don't remember a time when TeamViewer wasn't able to get the job done!

Pros

The vast amount of features is what amazes me the most about this software, I've tried a number of the competitors and this one is certainly the best of the bunch. It's super simple to setup and get running, if the user doesn't already have it on their computer you can put download links on your own website. I'd highly recommend TeamViewer if you want a solution for Android or iOS, even though their are similar remote desktop solutions for PC, there are none that are near the same level as TeamViewer for mobile devices. The mobile client is easily the best out of all the software I've tried (a lot).

Cons

The price, it's one of the most expensive software for remote desktop solutions but that's because it's the best, but if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

I've tried it and the others just don't compare to the quality, ease of use and the mobility options.

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

Pros

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

Cons

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer was chosen at the time as several within the ICT department had experience with using and deploying the application. It offered a high quality product compared to alternatives, and came with good brand recognition.

Laura from Alberta Bottle Depot Association

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A necessity for our operations

This has become not just another tool that we use, but an absolute necessity to efficiently operate throughout the course of a day.

Pros

We use TeamViewer daily and rely on it to access dozens of remote sites, and hundreds of individual computers. The biggest benefit is that it's accessible anywhere. The app is really good once you get the hang of controlling mouse movement from a mobile device. Locations can be grouped together and notes made on specific computers, making it really easy to keep track of who is who and where you're logged into at any given time. On the desktop app, you can log into multiple computers at once and toggle between them. For our purposes, this makes things incredibly efficient to be able to do remote software installations on multiple computers at the same time. Logs can be pulled both by the administrator as well as by a remote computer to see who has accessed them and when. This level of transparency is great. Administrator functions for the most part need to be done from the website, which is fairly simple to use. There are a lot of features that we have yet to integrate to their full potential, so it is always a bonus to find new ways to use a tool like this.

Cons

The desktop app has had some minor flaws over the past few versions, where it does things like sometimes consistently refuses to connect the first time a connection is attempted, but then always connects on the second try. Sometimes it's a pain having to go to the website and do all of the authentication steps just to change a simple administrator thing. I haven't seen any way to log into multiple devices from the mobile app.

Sadaf from Alpin Limited

One of the better tools for remote support

TeamViewer has helped my team work remotely and had added immense value to our work performance since it was almost unheard of to access a computer from home or site. Now it is indeed possible, all thanks to the remote access capability offered by TeamViewer. At a competitive price which is quite affordable for a medium-sized organization, I love the whole idea of using TeamViewer as I can easily access my files, emails, documents from my work PC, especially when I am at site and urgently need to present something to the Client; it has truly been a help during the most critical of times. As a Consultant who needs to be on site more often than not, it has been a reliable partner to locate my files, documents, diagnose software issues if any, conduct an online meeting and collaborate on tasks as well. I have previously tried a competitor and needless to say, I consider TeamViewer to be the polished one of the lot, with negligible bugs and issues with running the software. Highly recommended tool especially for consultants and businesses.

Pros

TeamViewer is a revolutionary remote access software that has been our go-to for more than a year. It allows the user to run and work on a computer located elsewhere as if it were right in front the whole time. The application can be used to establish this connection between these two (or more) devices, and every change performed on the local desktop can be updated on the same file in the remote machine seamlessly. This aspect of TeamViewer provides unmatched support especially when you are travelling and need access to your work system immediately. The only catch is that the remote machine should have a working internet connection and must be switched on. Here are a few pointers on how TeamViewer is perfect when compared to its counterparts in the market- - It allows highly organized remote management and is reliable in its approach and functionality. - Can be used to securely access several computers and can connect remotely with colleagues, also useful when connecting to external screens especially for presentations and such team collaboration. - Also available as an app for iPad/tablet: very convenient to use on the go. - Comprises of an easy to use interface; suitable for personal and corporate use. For personal use, TeamViewer is free (unlimited use!) whereas, enterprises and businesses need to have a subscription when using it commercially.

Cons

Free version users do have restrictions in use wherein they will be unable to try out all features of TeamViewer. This can be a deterrent to actually buying the whole package, considering the need to try out all features before taking the plunge of investing in it. Other than that, there is actually no negative aspect of using this software and I am quite pleased with it.

An extremely useful program that is simple to install and use

By and large TeamViewer has been an extremely useful program for me, drastically reducing the troubleshooting time frame for a huge number of tickets, and I fully intend to continue to use it into the foreseeable future.

Pros

As an IT worker one of TeamViewers greatest features is the "quick support". This allows the user to rapidly download and use a single session installation of TeamViewer. In many cases users are not especially skilled with computers and the ease of this installation greatly helps getting access to their machine to troubleshoot. Even with poor internet signal TeamViewer is able to connect with relative stability which is extremely helpful for when connected to a computer across the world with dial up internet. That TeamViewer also automatically attempts to reconnect a good number of times (I think 30? To be honest I have not had to reconnect in such a long time I cannot remember!) is also very helpful as it prevents having to continually log on again. The option to restart the client PC and then automatically reconnect when it has finished booting is extremely useful as well. From a personal perspective I have set a password to allow me to access my computer remotely via TeamViewer - I send a wake from LAN request to it, then use my username/password to remotely access my desktop from my tablet allowing me to perform tasks on my computer from anywhere in the world.

Cons

From a business perspective where a licence has been brought the only thing I could think about improving would be the allocation of said licence. When logged in a licence is not applied to the computer, instead this has to be done through the management console. Further re-allocating a licence (e.g. a computer is decommissioned and the licence needs to move to the new computer) is also needlessly complex - when I last did this it involved revoking the licence to all computers then re-adding them which seems unnecessary. Also whilst not TeamViewers fault TalkTalk seems to flag it up as dangerous requiring it to be added to the Safe list of the parental controls - unsure if TeamViewer would be able to convince TalkTalk to remove it from this dangerous listing.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

More than a remote desktop platform, it is the best experience that exists.

The main problem that virtual work is achieved, is the stability in communications, many platforms have inconsistencies that become a work problem, thanks to TeamViewer we have reversed that situation, we have achieved a much more stable communication than those offered by the competition , at the same time, we have increased communication channels to the best levels that we thought we had a while ago, it has adapted perfectly to our reality and our capacity to pay, I am pleasantly satisfied.

Pros

Many things make up my liking for TeamViewer, one of which is the possibility of offering assistance in real time, and without inconveniences, to people who depend on the services offered online. Another factor that I use a lot, is to link the equipment I have thanks to the TeamViewer platform, many times I have forgotten in the computer of each an important file for a business presentation, but thanks to TeamViewer it does not become bigger, just use the links I've given and that's it, I have all the files I need available. In addition, you can use your platform to organize virtual work meetings, in this new working age, work with people who live in Costa Rica and the Netherlands, and thanks to TeamViewer it is easy to organize presentations or video conferences, therefore, it is more than a tool, it's an experience.

Cons

I am very satisfied with your options and capabilities, I can not describe it negatively because it is surprising, only that the commercial options, in terms of prices, could improve, so entrepreneurs can seek to hire other plans more accessible to their financial reality, without neglecting the quality that have reached in this latest version 14.

Infiyaz from Marha Online (Pvt) Ltd

A safe and great tool to remotely support your clients (I mean customers)

To either remotely teach or support end-users, I always recommend TeamViewer. But if you're not making enough money to break even, this adds into your expenses. A great program and superb support!

Pros

As a developer, teacher and consultant, I have used TeamViewer for quite some time. Here are the main reasons I love this program. 1. It works on Ubuntu - this is my main OS. And most of my remote users are Windows users. Not many programs out there are compatible with Linux AND Windows. So this is a key benefit. 2. It supports both text and voice chat if needed. This is great since some clients are overseas. If not for this, you'll need to use the phone or another app just for that. 3. Very effective use of bandwidth. 4. No ads or nag screens. But if you continue to use it for some time, you'll need to PAY for a license. Fair enough. 5. When it comes to paying, they are ready to customise the pricing for you (although it's not listed on the site). They offered me a discounted package but of course that meant reduced hours of use per month. But I think it's worth it. 6. Transparency - I like the fact that the remote user is fully aware of what is being done, unlike some other programs (eg: logmein) which is Java-based. 7. While on a session you can switch sides - i.e., who sees who's screen. 8. If you have multiple screens you can specify which one you want to be seen. That's great for my work. This helps me to keep the chat window on one screen and see the user's screen on the other.

Cons

1. The remote user must have the same or compatible version. For sometime I had to insist that my remote users have the same version. If not, sharing is not possible. 2. The nature of certain programs do not allow remote use. For example, some clients use Kaspersky. If they need you to do some checks or settings on it, it's not possible. Kaspersky cannot be accessed remotely. But this is not a flaw of TeamViewer. Rather, it's a security feature of Kaspersky. 3. It's not free. But that's understandable considering the features you get. But then again, it's 'quite free' up to some extent. Not for commercial use.

Good Platform for manage and remote your cloud pcs

Pros

It's very easy to manage your cloud pcs using this app. I am using this app from last 5-6 years. I am a home user but easily manage my workstation and remote pc from my location. it's very easy to when you are doing work from home.also it's chat msg and voice are very good.

Cons

no any point which i don't like about this application.

Vernessa from Blog Posts, Long-Form Articles, Short Reports, Case Studies

TeamViewer Makes Remote Support Easier On ALL Platforms, Has a Simple Interface, and is Portable, Too

TeamViewer is operating system agnostic. I'm grateful it is NOT just for Windows. As a Linux user (as well as a Windows user) one huge benefit for me is that TeamViewer has a native Linux implementation. And they have iOS and Android apps. This means I can provide support remotely from any of my computers and even my phone or tablet. (But I'm not a big fan of doing sensitive work from a phone!) Another benefit is the interface: it is so simple that asking the person who is receiving remote support to do anything in it doesn't freak them out. (A calm end-user makes helping them out a much easier undertaking!) TeamViewer offers "contact management" but it is not a contact manager in the way we usually think of contact management. When it's time to offer support to long-standing clients (or friends or family) it's nice to have their contact details -- as they relate to accessing their computer -- only a few clicks away. I haven't ever had a need to use the collaboration features for groups -- no group meetings or group chats -- so can't speak to how well those are implemented or whether Teamviewer does a better job than other apps designed for those purposes. Overall, TeamViewer is my go-to solution for remote desktop control.

Pros

At one time, providing computer technical support for business clients, friends and family was the major part of my work life. Over the years I tried numerous so-called "remote control" softwares. Hit or miss, they mostly missed the mark and made working remotely more painful than enjoyable. I wasn't truly satisfied until I encountered TeamViewer. They somehow got it right. These days I spend less time doing remote support for business and more for friends and family. For non-commercial use, TeamViewer is totally free so I use it to help them out when needed. Some features I really like: TeamViewer doesn't get hung when opening larger applications. For example, I've opened Microsoft Word and LibreOffice, both of which are resource-heavy applications, edited documents and spreadsheets, then saved them without any issues. The file manager is not too shabby. I've moved thousands of files from one location to another on the remote computer without hiccups. Regular screen-draws on the other end appear the way they should with decent clarity and in focus. Fonts are very readable (and looking pretty close to what was intended). For purposes of documentation, there are three features I've relied on at different times: the chat messaging function, the ability to record a session especially when trying to figure out what went wrong during a particular process, and viewable log files.

Cons

In my opinion, the "cons" aren't many and the "pros" far outweigh them. Admittedly, TeamViewer is a little slow when doing anything movement intensive. Screen-sharing could use some improvement. And the file manager isn't the prettiest (could definitely use a design overhaul). The biggest complaint I've had about TeamViewer has always been that it is too expensive for a very small business (think microbusiness or solopreneur). At the time I really had a need for it in my one-person firm, I would have gladly paid a monthly fee for access (those lesser softwares offered monthly plans!). So I resorted to using the weaker remote support softwares for commercial endeavors and used TeamViewer for personal friends and family. Shame.

Kevin from Arklight Development

Industry: Program Development

Very Experienced

Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great. The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself. The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature. They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Edward from E*TRADE

Quality and speed of impressive video.

This software has benefited me a lot because I have managed to maintain a remote connection with all the employees of my company and in this way share necessary information for all of them, I have also been able to make several conferences with many owners of companies abroad, and thus be able to perform contracts and agreements without having to move from my place of work

Pros

What I like about TeamViewer is the great speed it has when making the remote access connection, the quality of the video it has is quite interesting and has a nice color quality that greatly improves the customer's view, speed with which the shared video works, it is quite good because it does not matter if you own a computer with low resources, in the same way the program will go smoothly and with excellent quality. I really like the interface that this program has, since it is compact, organizes all its characteristics and factors very well and organizes the remote connection and conferences very well.

Cons

TeamViewer is a pretty good software that gives the best quality and speed of video to its clients, but nevertheless, it has neglected the area of file transfer, remote access is characterized by communication, remote management and successful transfer of the files, and since they have made a lot of dedication to the remote connection, they have neglected the transfer of files without knowing that this factor is the most important of all because it facilitates in an excellent way the sending of information through a shared network, if TeamViewer It makes a considerable amount of improvements to this factor, this software would be the best in remote access.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Remote assistance, or access your device from anywhere.

I do not remember when it was the first time I used Team Viewer, however since then it has always been my favorite remote access tool, it makes it much easier to connect between devices, I use it continuously to access VPS servers, my work computer or my computer. home, because if I have to perform a task I can do it remotely, or forget some file I can get it quickly, it is very versatile not only has use at work but also personal use, since I can help coworkers, friends, relatives, etc. Accessing remotely, your devices in a very fast way.

Pros

It is a tool with years in the market, with a great reputation, what I like most is that it greatly facilitates the entry or connection to another device with a great performance, it also allows to control it completely, it is excellent to connect to dedicated or virtual servers. remotely from any other device that has also installed team viewer, besides that the connection is very secure, another thing that I really like about this application is that it is cross platform, so I can connect to different devices regardless of the operating system that it has installed, another great thing is it allows copying and pasting files to the computer that is being accessed, it has many other useful functions, such as a chat between the users, the sound can be played, the session can be recorded, etc.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking about something that I do not like about team viewer, however the format in which the videos are recorded would be good to support other formats so it could be compatible with other media players, and not only with team viewer.

TeamViewer Review

Overall, this is a great remote desktop software to use and I would recommend it to almost anyone for remote desktop access and support. For both professional and personal use. TeamViewer is well fleshed out and this great remote desktop tool has evolved into a full fledged must-have IT "swiss army knife".

Pros

I've used both the free and paid versions of this software and I can only say good things about it. Personally, I have used several remote desktop tools from RDP, LogMeIn, Join.Me, and TeamViewer. I would recommend TeamViewer as the personal level is free and still has a lot of great features included. Professionally, I've used the product for several years and I'm very happy with its features. Full AD integration works flawlessly. They have expanded the toolset throughout the years to mobile and now AR support!

Cons

Honestly, I'm not sure if I can identify many cons for this product. it has been greatly supported for as long as I can remember using it. The only thing I would maybe say is that I sometimes have issues maintaining the latest version of the software across all my connections in my personal account. The remote update feature and alert notifications work great, but they only alert when I connect to that specific connection. I don't have a single page to manage and verify all of my connections are running the same version. Again, not really an issue, just maybe a *cough* future enhancement? *cough* :)

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

At the time, LogMeIn started charging for their once free/basic level. TeamViewer remained free.

Remote Control without hassle

TeamViewer is one of the best - in my opinion THE best - remote software tools available. The free version is incredible and essentially fully functional (at time of this review - although it has been for a long time too). The software works impeccably and is a staple for our use; we recommend it everywhere and many IT support techs we know do likewise. In my experience it has been completely bug-free and an absolute dream to use. I can't recommend this software enough and I can guarantee it WILL NOT disappoint. Thank you, TeamViewer, for a great piece of software! (I do not work for this company and have no affiliation whatsoever - I'm just an IT guy who is sick of crappy tools and values a piece of art like this when he sees it!)

Pros

TeamViewer is a dream to setup and use. The install is fast and painless and the use of the software is intuitive and straightforward. If you've used any other remote software, TeamViewer will be fairly familiar. I'm amazed at the ease with which connection happens - on any platform, even mobile - and the stability and bugfree performance is best-in-class. Other software publishers should learn from TeamViewer's creators - the software WORKS flawlessly and the functionality is amazing; on a good connection I found to my surprise I could actually watch and hear a video edit playing through a remote machine in a way that meant I could edit, if I wanted to - only incredible compression algorithms and a sleek, streamlined software service could allow for that!

Cons

I've found very little to complain about with TeamViewer. It is an extremely valuable and well-made piece of software. The install process and the way the remote service works could be a little less confusing in places but this is a minor quibble and something easily resolved during your first install of the software, in my experience. The nag screen is so minimal and is the least intrusive 'nag' I've ever seen! In short - I find very little, if anything, to complain about here!

Jinendra from Gauri Ltd.

TeamViewer- Remote Desktop

In our business it's very useful to me, because I ma taking remote of our servers of I need want any changes, even some buddy has some problem with his/her device so I can take remote of that device and solved thenissues. Installation is very easy, during installation it will prompt for personal use or office use so afcordingly you can installed. For me as a IT administrator TV is very useful , important software to handling IT related issues, file sharing.

Pros

In the market so many remote software available but TeamViewer (TV) is one of the most usable, more functional software on market. With the help of TV you can access your server from anywhere, even in service related companies they are support remote service so they used TV. Easy to take remote. With the help of this software you can transfer important file between source computer to remote computer / device. Even if you want to restart remote machine you can. It is very secured connections. File sharing, screen sharing , screen swapping in secured way. Most important is it's very fast to access remote PC. Because another remote software performance is little bit low compare to TV, even some softwares suddenly hang. In TV you can create your own connection for particular remote sessionbon this you can set the predefined password for that connection. Its a very nice product.

Cons

Actually there is no cons. But I thing the price of the product is little bit high. But theybdeserve for that price because they provided that type of services.video calling option is not there, I mean I never seen.

Gowtham from Conceptia Software Technologies Pvt Ltd

" Issue with a customer , No worries we have Team Viewer"

Overall this is a wonderful product. This is software that is very user friendly for the users as well as the administrator.  Once we connect to our customer's machine via TeamViewer, the using performance is also excellent. We don't feel much difference, and almost there is a negligible difference in the remote sessions. The options for admin to control the customer system is also very beneficial. We might have thought of buying other software on behalf of TeamViewer, but we went to TeamViewer which is the best decision that we took on selecting the product.

Pros

Cons

There will be a Connectivity issue sometime.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

In the market, there is a number of products for the same purpose. At the initial stage, we also thought of going to a different product. But, the flexibility and the performance that we get in the TeamViewer we won't get in another product.

Aleksandr from MMDG

TeamViewer at Glance

I like the software much. I do not need to be present in the office to do basic troubleshooting. Most of the part can be done remotely

Pros

Team viewer is easy to setup. On user side it is not required any installation you can do it as on demand download. You can pretty easy can manage remote computer , send files, access folders without remote control. You can easily setup either unattended access or do remote support on demand. Pretty easy and has some option.

Cons

Nevertheless software has a lot of features, sometimes connection breaks. It is bit annoying that you need re-established it from the scratch. But overall impression is highly positive.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

The software has more features

Julia from getAbstract

Remote Support is Super Easy with TeamViewer!

Before TeamViewer, I would have to get on a GoToMeeting call and guide the end-user around verbally of where to click. This was SUPER time consuming and again, not everyone is tech savvy to begin with. I have saved hours and can seamlessly provide support.

Pros

I love that I can have my Salesforce end-users download the free version onto their computer while I have the business account to provide support. In an org, people are at various levels of understanding tech/office suite applications and TeamViewer allows me to go beyond the basic screen sharing. I love that I can download and transfer files from my computer to the end-user's computer as well. I also find it extremely responsive and reliable which is equally important in order to complete the task at hand. Some other applications where you can technically have remote control of their computer are not responsive and that is equally frustrating for you as the Support professional and the end-user who is already stressed about the task.

Cons

I don't really have complaints for my use case. I know I can also store computer access to various employees as long as they do not refresh their password/ID screen. I personally do not need to utilize this, but it's a great option!

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer

It often crashed when asking user for remote control; the responsiveness was super delayed; it couldn't handle it.

Mirko from UltraBarato

TeamViewer can literally save the day.

I use TeamViewer all day, I also travel a lot so I need to access my files, even if I use cloud systems like Mega or Box, the files system from teamviewer because show me my files in the way I manage and use my computer so, it’s easy to know where it is each of my files and that grade of comfort can’t be offered by no one, that’s why I love TeamViewer, I feel in home and secure, also I use it to help anyone with their computers, I explain that they can manage the access and no one can view or control their computer if they don’t allow control and my friends and family love it, so I can help anyone from anywhere. If you like total control and comfort to access your computer and files, TeamViewer it’s your secure selection.

Pros

TeamViewer it’s easy to use, can be installed on multiple OS and allow control any computer from any part in the world, comes with free license to personal use, so you can control your home computer, office computer, etc, also offer control from mobile devices, so you can access your computer and files easy from your mobile.

Cons

Even if TeamViewer it’s easy to control and install, the process to connect to other computers it’s a little difficult sometimes, the username and assigned pass could not be changed easy from others that don’t use teamviewer frequently, could be a GREAT feature to access any computer using a QR code like Whatsapp, or make the access more easy to not tech people. What about a device to turn On my computer from distance, a wifi relay or something, by that way we can turn on and off the computer and access literally any time from anywhere.

Joel from OneStrand

My Go To Remote Access Software

Pros

I love the functionality and features that TeamViewer offers. I have installed it on different family member's computers so I can remote in and offer them assistance whenever necessary. I can see when their computer is on or off. I can log in when they aren't using it and perform maintenance when necessary. I also love being able to access my home computers, home servers, and laptop wherever I am it. I can even gain access using my cell phone for those "emergency situations". Cell phone use is not great, but can get you by in a pinch when someone needs help on something simple. I love the feature set available when you are logged in. Passing key combinations to the remote computer, changing screen resolution, chat, and lots of other items are amazing to have. I like that I can simply disconnect and know that the remote computer will get locked automatically.

Cons

I don't like that I can't remote into a computer behind the scenes. If I am at work and I remote into my home computer, anyone sitting at my desk will see what I am doing. There is no way to hide my actions or work behind a locked screen. I really want the ability to do that when the case calls for it. The software is not easy to setup nor is it intuitive. Make one wrong move and you could end up paying for something you don't really want. The UI is not that great, but once you have it figured out, it's pretty easy to control.

Elbek from Hanyang University

TeamViewer Review

I use Teamviewer for academic purposes. Mainly I use my workstations from outside university to do research, run simulations, etc. Despite some glitches or bugs, experience has been good.

Pros

Intuitive interface - Interface and usage of TeamViewer is pretty straightforward and easy for new users Cross Platform Support - TeamViewer has apps for all platforms that I use (Linux, Windows, Android) Customization - One can optimize remote desktop to speed or quality as well Clipboard Share/ File Share - One can copy file/text from two devices with just using clipboard or when connection is not very stable there is dedicated file share menu as well Good Messaging/Chat features - Teamviewer offers a video-chat and messaging for communication Easy access and management - One can assign many devices to one teamviewer account and access them pretty easily with or without prompt Local Usage - Devices running Teamviewer can be accessed even without Teamviewer server in Internet. One can access it using only IP in address in LAN VPN - Teamviewer offers built in VPN accesses

Cons

Cross platform clipboard - Sometimes there are some problems in clipboard between different platform devices Multi window support - Teamviewer connection only runs in one window, even for host with multi-monitor setup. I think there should be an option to have separate windows for multi-monitor setup Non-Commercial usage - Using teamviewer for commercial purposes is paid (It is understandable), but for personal usage there is limited usage time. Dedicated Remote Desktop - I think there should be an option to use devices in a style of SSH or windows RDP, which is dedicated to platform and it is a lot lag free and more straightforward then Streaming Screen capture.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 7,542 reviews