Browse ABBYY FineReader PDF Reviews

L.P. from LivingProof Publications

Industry: Graphic Design

My to go to PDF reader

I am able to easily convert my documents into PDF.

Pros

All the features in Abby FineReader PDF are the best in the market and easy to use even for someone that is not computer savvy.

Cons

There are no features that I find missing in this great software and integrating this software into my business was not difficult at all.

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

I chose ABBYY FineReader over the alternatives because I found it easy to use with more features.

Helen from Piedmont Law Partners

Industry: Law Practice

Abbyy FineReader - Simply the best!

Excellent! Although I have Adobe on my laptop, I never use it anymore!

Pros

It's easy to use, and has all the features and functionality that I need. I like the user interface quite a bit. It's so user-friendly - not surprising with how intuitive the functionality is.

Cons

Actually, I can't think of a single thing I don't like, or like less, about this software. It's so user friendly, and such a great value for the price!

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Abbyy is more reasonably priced. I was so pleased to see that the functionality is much better, even at a lower price.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2020

Dear Helen, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with FineReader PDF. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Krzysztof from Moscicki Nieruchomosci

I recommend this program

This program is a real combine of possibilities, it has helped me many times in difficult situations when it was necessary to change the contract sent in pdf and in the form of scans, so it is worth having such a program

Pros

This program allows you to work with pdf files completely, you can edit files created from screenshots and scans, it has many more functions than the free version of adobe reader.

Cons

The price could be lower ;) In my work, I often need a program not only to read but also edit documents, often scans of documents, some information on documents must be obscured due to data protection, etc. basic programs do not provide such functions.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

adobe free version is for reading documents only

Jonathan from Veritas House

My experience with ABBYY FineReader PDF

Okay experience, the OCR algorithm of the software needs work, but it's an overall decent product. Does what it's supposed to most of the time.

Pros

I liked the UI and UX of the software, it's definitely straight forward and once you install it, you can use it immediately with the easy how to use steps and indicators through out the software. A lot of times, when I am doing legal research, I had access to number of PDF books, articles etc... and I would want to get a excerpt of the book, article or whatever and I would use FineReader to convert it from PDF to plain text, hence that was the feature that really drew me to FineReader.

Cons

The OCR feature was okay, a lot of times it would incorrectly convert the PDF to text, all sorts of things like special characters would appear, the formatting would be all over the place... and it meant i had to spend some time manually editing it.

decent Pdf reader

Pros

ABBYY is a very good PDF reader. lightweight software compared to other solutions

Cons

Features are not very comprehensive such with the industry standards

Radovan from F-TECH a.s.

Industry: Wholesale

ABBYY is my second favourite office software.

Pros

PDF to EXCEL converting, Abby screenshot reader

Cons

I like everything. Abby screenshot reader shoud have some editing options.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Monthy payment too expensive and they OCR much worser.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the great review. We are happy to hear about your positive experience. Subscribe to our blog for tips, trends, and use cases to boost your document productivity even more! https://pdf.abbyy.com/blog/

Christopher from Aedes acris

ABBYY Fine trader PDF Review

My overall experience with this software is pretty good I solve a lot of works on different purposes

Pros

This software is very accurate and effective to read make pdfs save important files also to collaborate and merge some.docs

Cons

Sometimes some.features are not too clearly to use and to get all the functions you get to buy a very full version of the software and some people can't get it

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Sometimes I'm just like to read and use this software

David from Davolyn Consulting

Full Featured Product

I love it. I had been looking for something like this and discosvered it via a recommendation.

Pros

The ability to extract to Excel was my main requirement. This makes it quite easy although its not perfect. Having said that some of the pdf files were not that clear so I was asking a lot. It is the best I have seen for the price.

Cons

I have notintegrated it with my processes and probably use less than 20% of its capacity. I expect that it will useful for me to spend more time learning. Not sure there is much availble online though. It woudl be nice to udnerstanda process flow.

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

Price and after usign a free trial I was hooked.

Nicolas from Corona Print

Industry: Printing

So easy and cheep : you buy it once and don't need to waste an annual fee

I use it when I need to edit a pdf, optimize the size of my pdf (keeping the quality and improving the OCR), delete add or organize the pages : it's my all-in-one tool for my pdf files.

Pros

Easy, fast, good quality of OCR, light pdf size : all what you need.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to update on Windows PC. But rather good anyway.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

For the price and the OCR options.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Kristina from Interprefy

One of the best OCR softwares

FineReadear is still one of the best OCR softwares out there and I've been using it for the last 15 years. But I have to admit that there are more and more free solutions out there which offer similar functionalities.

Pros

One of the oldest and best OCR softwares

Cons

There are some free solutions which offer similar functionalities.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2020

Dear Kristina, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with our product. With more than 20 years of experience, FineReader's AI-based OCR technology is a leader in the industry. While it is true that there is an increasing number of free solutions entering the market, the exceptional quality of OCR conversion achieved using FineReader cannot be matched with a free solution. Most (if not all) free solutions offer very poor OCR quality, with limited functionality (lacking support of all types of PDFs for example) and limited size of documents for processing. Free solutions also often require additional plugins and tend to be quite unreliable (no warranty, no professional support available). While a free version might be O.K for a quick, one time conversion, for effective and long-term work with documents, a full professional version is needed. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Game changer

Pros

After starting to use the tool I foregot about wasting my time on retyping text

Cons

I think that quality of handwriting identification could be improved

Edward from Lee Builder

ABBYY FineReader PDF

it works all the time

Pros

easy to use easy to use easy to us easy to

Cons

so i have not any thing bad about this product

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Pattar and Co. from Pattar and Co. CPA, Inc.

Extremely valuable tool in fostering automation for my small-sized accounting firm

For anyone in the finance industry, it is now simply understood that numbers are no longer "crunched" by overworked accountants battling customer-driven deadlines. That is all gone by way of automation. The only hang-up to a seamless input into automation is the fact that much of it still is stored as paper, believe it or not. My firm in particular made a push to start digitizing all of our records and in this process, I learned much about OCR technology. There are hundreds of products that say they can OCR, but the fact that ABBYY can process a HUGE variety of documents, fonts, etc. , this saves a lot of time correcting the output and actually getting searchable documents onto file storage. I just hope that this product continues to develop and remains at its reasonable price point.

Pros

It literally helped my firm save HUNDREDS of man-hours of data entry by running all of our scanned documents through ABBYY and relying heavily upon its OCR to produce a variety of formats which we were able to quickly cross verify and enter into the accounting software. In short, the quality and intelligence of their OCR engine is tremendously accurate and fast!

Cons

The licensing stuff is a little TOO strict and often the remote licensing procedure has to be manually restarted within WIndows Services. We eventually bought more licenses after realizing that ABBYY will be a critical component in my firm's efforts to digitize all of our records and hard copies onto our cloud-hosted server. However, for a very small business that may not warrant another license purchase, they will quickly find out that ABBYY is quick to detect multiple sessions of the same serial code and will block both out. A little excessive, but I can understand their strict use and protection of this fine product.

Charles from Law Office

3 long standing missing features/defects

I think it is wonderful, except that every time I print something using the printer app, it frustrates me by not telling me whether the resulting file is searchable, which it seems that it usually is not. So great program, but many times a day it reminds me that there are a few irritating missing links.

Pros

Does much more than Adobe Acrobat, with one exception The screenshot reader is very helpful for those odd times when you can actually print something from the screen.

Cons

1. No ability to drag a page from one open pdf file to another open PDF file, unlike Adobe Acrobat. 2. I have to reinstall the software perhaps four or five times a week, and tech-support is been unable to help. 3. The associated printer app is terrific, except that I often have to save the resulting PDF file has a searchable file in order to allow my indexing programs to access it. Not always, but usually. What's up with that?

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

More functionality. For example, the printer program allows you to place the printed file at the beginning or the ending of an existing file that you are printing on top of.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Because Adobe Acrobat Pro shifted to annual pricing, and lack some of the bells and whistles of ABBYY. However, I still keep Acrobat on hand, when I need to rearrange pages between PDF files.

Mustafa from Techno Moderne Stationnery

The Perfect PDF editor

I like many features in this pdf editor, maybe the most practical one is the after scan work like consolidating all the documents in one pdf file, rearrage them, flip if needed, change orientation, then just save the fantastinc result.

Pros

A wonderful work on pdf like: - Editing scanned documents - OCR and converting scanned documents to word or Excell - Consolidating files

Cons

I would like the OCR to work better on Arabic language like it's working perfectly on English and French, one other thing is Excell may also need some improvements, maybe it's already done on the latest version.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

I fond Abbyy fine reader more efficient

Halimatun from PwC Malaysia

The best for PDF editor

Pros

ABBYY FineReader PDF has saves me countless hours of time of data entry. I can simply scanned the physical document and change the form to digital and running the OCR tools to make the text on the document editable. The OCR tools is the best i have tried and it can read the text perfectly even when the text is disoriented.

Cons

Some of the font can't be read by the software, especially for an Arabic font. It is also happen with a custom font and the software won't work well with this type of text. Other think that i hope they can improve is the licensing. The license is install on the computer, and it is not easy to transfer the license to other computer.

Jelena from Novista, Beograd

Powerfull tool for document archiving, document conversion, OCR and digitalization.

If you need to work with documents, this is a great tool for recognition, digitalization and conversion. Price is high and it uses high resources on a computer. If you have a high volume of documents to work with, this is a great tool.

Pros

Abbyy FineReader support for almost all languages is impressive. We use many different languages, so it is very important for us to have a tool that can recognize well. It is easy to use, with the simplified interface, one can work fast, through materials. FineReader can export to different types which is also a great function. Convert document formats and make them searchable, from scanned documents, screenshots or images to pdfs and html. It is very good for creating new documents from multiple files, which can be imported in one project then exported to a new file.

Cons

The price is fairly high for those who don't have many documents. It crashes sometimes while scanning documents with older scanners or when given more demanding tasks, like automatic scan of multiple pages. If the scan is lower quality, or font is small, there are some mistakes that need to be fixed manualy, which can be time consuming.

Josip from Elfo trgovina i servis

OCR that works!

Pros

ABBYY FineReader is a leader in OCR software and that means that their OCR is the best. It can perform character recognition in any language. I am amazed by all the functions that this piece of software has but one thing is so cool and I use it almost every day to help me organize papers in my office. That is "Hot Folder" - every time you add some document into the desired folder it automatically converts it for you into any type of document you want. It can be editable PDF, Word or any other combination you would ever want. It can do it! Text is recognized very well and without any errors almost every time.

Cons

Sometimes it is struggling with some special letters from foreign languages like Cyrillic or some letters like čćšđž and many times I found that those are recognized wrong. Also, it tends to keep layout and formatting as the original document but sometimes it doesn't work well. Also, when you are trying to manually select area for the recognition it can be very hard and tiring to do all that manually because the software didn't recognize page properly. Most of the times that is not needed but when you are shooting or scanning in lower resolutions be prepared for that.

Alex from IFAS

Most versatile OCR software

I use Abby for a number of purposes, however where it is most useful to me is to convert financial data for analysis in Microsoft Excel for further analysis.

Pros

One of the most useful aspects of Abbyy Finereader, especially when compared to other OCR software is the level of control offered to the user. This enables poor quality scans as an example to be cleaned up and optimized for recognition. It is easy to edit pages collectively or individually to compensate for distortions and even deal with water marks and poor quality images. The accuracy is phenomenal and ability to use dictionaries or customize your own increases recognition capacity. Abbyy Fine Reader has greatly improved over the years and i expect great things from them in the future as technology evolves.

Cons

I do have a wish list: A setting to have ability to ignore pages during recognition. The ability to ignore a column within a table. A way to verify text in a chosen sequence such as down then up and or select areas to ignore.

Alvaro from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Scan, OCR, Edit!

Powerful OCR software for both PC and Mac! Works offline, and can do the job in batches hassle-free.

Pros

I've been using Abbyy Finereader for about a decade now (since I stumbled upon it with a friend who digitized a lot of his readings). Abbyy is a powerful OCR software! I say powerful, because it captures nearly everything you throw at it, JPG, PDF... and if you're lucky, even handwritten notes are captures (often as image, but sometimes as text too!). It allows to import directly to Microsoft word for text editing. It even mimics the original scanned document in terms of the page layout and text sizes. Very useful for digitizing your existing documents (which you do not have a digital copy of). Heck, you can even scan and OCR an entire book! (copyrights apply, of course). Another good thing for me.... I can use if offline! Modern OCR apps require you to go online (which I cannot always be given the nature of my work and travels).

Cons

Now there are many other alternatives to using ABBYY as an OCR software, and most come as a free service (e.g., Google, Dropbox). It is even made easier now due to the proliferation of mobile phones. Scan a document via mobile phone, then use the online services for OCR, all for free now.

Eugene from https://db2.io/

A convenient program for scanning and recognizing documents

Pros

Earlier I had to work a lot with the documents of our company and client contracts. For example, the customer brought a paper version of the contract, I scanned it, recognized it, rules of error, etc. And all this happened with the help of Fine Reader professional versions. I also like that you can translate and save in various formats. For example, text in the format djwu or pdf, and even not copied, after carrying out the text through this program you can save the text in Word and use it anywhere and anyhow. In general, this is a simple and convenient program, albeit not cheap.

Cons

I happened that some versions of ABBYY Fine Reader did not recognize the printer and I had to reinstall the program or run to a colleague and ask him to print the necessary document processed in the application. In doing so, I had a standard Canon printer, so there should not be any problems.

David from Coats Translation Service

Industry: Translation and Localization

An excellent product, with a few quirks

Without ABBYY FineReader, we would have to manually count words in source documents, and then either work from the paper documents (thus eliminating the advantages of CAT tools) or retype the document in clear text.

Pros

One-click conversion of PDFs into MS Word makes use absurdly easy. It does a fine job of recognizing text that is not super-sharp, and also does a fine job of recognizing German text. Conversion also can be into .doc or .docx files, which is vital for us.

Cons

The software often converts columnar text into text boxes or tables, which have to then be converted to text and undergo often extensive reformatting. It needs to recognize that side-by-side blocks of text could be placed in columns in MS Word. This is particularly important in pricing out jobs, because we charge by the word, and MS Word doesn't count text in text boxes. So, before estimating a charge, we have to be sure that all the text in boxes has been copied and placed cleanly in the document. This is often time-consuming. Also, in comparison to Omnipage Ultimate, ABBYY FineReader does not do a great job of recognizing and placing graphic elements (such as logos and images).

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Simpler interface, better text recognition.

Michael from Total Openings Inc.

Great Conversion Tool

works very well for our needs

Pros

The ability to combine documents from different programs into a single PDF

Cons

this could use a certified signature field or the ability to import a signature from a file

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

Works with my other programs for conversions

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Did not combine and convert documents

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

SK from Gen-Ct Support

Excellent software for my internet cafe not requiring me to type texts manually all the time

I hate typing. This software helps me avoid typing and yet be productive.

Pros

Amazed with this software which I wonder should have known earlier for my typing needs for my internet cafe. Earlier, I used to type manually all the typing jobs I used to receive in hard copy. When I came to know about this software, I could not believe that just with a scan copy of printed text, the technology could sense and give me output in word form. Typing is after all a monotonous job. I now just scan the hard copy and done. Also, no need to type manually jpg or pdf files, saving lot of time and energy adding productivity to the work place.

Cons

However, the software too often fails when the hard copy is hand written instead of typed text. There is a lot of room for improvement here and the makers of this software should be aware of the same. Hopefully, future versions should also be adept in figuring out hand-written texts accurately.

Victoria from VCK Translation LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Daily user of ABBYY FineReader PDF

I am able to translate documents much faster because of ABBYY FineReader PDF. Because I can make the text editable using the OCR editor, I am able to add the output document to a translation tool and utilize memory and previous translations to work more efficiently.

Pros

The OCR editor is really important to my business. The output is very clean, and I like that the OCR editor gives so many options to help customize and improve the output so that I can use the text in a translation tool. I also really like how easy it is to edit the PDF and digitally sign documents.

Cons

I work with a lot of poor scans or old documents, and I think the OCR editor could be improved in reading documents that have some fuzziness or imperfections.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Jamie from Tilde Language Services

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great tool, well worth the expense

I would recommend ABBYY to anyone and I plan to always keep my license active.

Pros

I use ABBYY on a daily basis to perform OCR, edit PDFs, combine PDFs, etc. I don't think I could function without it! The OCR works pretty well and helps me estimate word counts on all my documents, and combining PDFs has become essential as well.

Cons

I was hesitant to spend the money upfront at first, but I can see now that it was completely worth it.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Some colleagues were using ABBYY and recommended it for text editing in PDF. I like the option to erase parts of the PDF and add text over it, which Adobe did not have an easy function for.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Ahmet from Atas Lighting

Industry: Building Materials

Cool recognizes text, functional develops

Pros

Our company is quite modern, but many customers and customers still work according to the old scheme: they create a document, print it out and bring it to us. They are so comfortable, and we have to transfer everything back to the computer. Manually, of course, we do not do this, but use FineReader. It does an excellent job with the conversion, but errors sometimes happen, especially with regard to the recognition of special characters. In general, I like everything.

Cons

The 14th version of the program does not work correctly: the automatic brightness adjustment broke, the document opens on the second attempt, the contrast change function disappears. Hope this is fixed.

Mark from West Coast Driver Training

Upgraded From Finereader 11 To The Lasterst version Of Finereader PDF

I like the software. I have used previous versions of it (Finereader 11), I have upgraded to the latest version of Finereader PDF and will undoubtedly upgrade again in future years.

Pros

I originally bought version 11 of this software for Optical Character Recognition and converting photos of text to Word documents. It was the best OCR software I had found at a reasonable price and now I have updated to the most recent version of Finereader PDF.

Cons

I can't think of any major problem I've had with this software. The user interface is easy to use and the software does what it says it will do.

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

I had used Finereader 11 for several years before updating to the latest version of Finereader PDF. Finereader 11 had worked very well for me so when it came time to upgrade I upgraded to the latest version of Finereader PDF.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Evgeny from Luxoft

I've tried different recognition programs, but Fine Reader is the best!

Pros

I have been using Fine Reader ever since the 4 version appeared on sale and is very pleased with the result of the work. For example, if earlier only the text of excellent quality was suitable for recognition, now the photo from the phone is quite suitable for the program. I, for example, so easily recognize the preliminary contracts that customers bring. I just take pictures of them on my phone, transfer them to a computer and then easily process the document as I need.

Cons

Some characters, often found in my documents, Fine Reader has never learned to recognize. I have to insert such symbols in manual mode, which takes a lot of time.

Rishi from Bhatia Clothe Store

Typing from scratch to only editing

We have replaced the habit of typing from scratch to only editing with an initial copy accurate close to 99 percent.

Pros

When it comes to printed texts of which we have no soft copy, earlier the only way to make it digital was typing (not talking about image formats like jpg). With ABBYY FineReader, I have reduced the amount of typing by almost 99 percent. Often, customers come to us with printed papers asking for reproducing the same with a bit of editing. We now just scan the copy, upload to ABBYY FineReader, and get the final output in MS Word format. I wish I should have known about this technology much earlier.

Cons

The software is constantly improving and there is always a room for improvement in deciphering text more accurately when the input given not so clear.

Kevin from Hughes & Coleman

Great product

We use it with a Fujitsu scanner and a PC with a 6 core i7 processor, and the results are fantastic.

Pros

FineReader is exceptional at doing OCR and pairs well with a high-end scanner and strong CPU. It supports multi-cores, and with the right Intel processor will do an exceptional job running OCR on thousands of pages in short order.

Cons

It takes a bit of tweaking with the scan settings to find just the right setup for your hardware so that the OCR process runs as quickly as possible while giving you great accuracy.

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

ScandAll was much slower to process, and didn't support multi-core.

Chuck from Phantom Scrivenings

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best in Class OCR

I was implementing an extraction engine for clients, to extract information from image-based PDFs to be used in a bespoke solution. I evaluated several competing solutions- some open source. But none came close to ABBYY. Though there were procurement and licensing issues, they worked with us and legal to work through it. We were even able to customize it with a licensing server that made keeping track of the license terms and use very easy.

Pros

The support was top notch They worked with us for licensing Very flexible Very powerful features Very accurate

Cons

The price can be prohibitive The licensing can be painful to work through

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

The quality was head and shoulders above the competition.

Timo from school

useful tool

I like it more than competitor tools

Pros

OCR is working fine, support for word and powerpoint as well PDF creator is great features

Cons

no special problems, software is just working mainly fine, few time total crash has been seen.

much more multifunctional

I like ABBYY more

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Mary from McKee Translation

High-quality OCR and PDF software

Pros

I appreciate how easy Abbyy makes it to extract text from PFF documents and create dynamic documents from them.

Cons

I wish there was an option to open the file without starting OCR

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Aris from POWERPC

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Best OCR and PDF Editor Ever

We scan multiple pages for customers and convert them to text so that they can use them, edit them, so that they can later archive or publish them.

Pros

ABBYY FineReader saves me a lot of time because customers bring on our store Documents all the time and they want to convert them to pdf with text selection available. I have to say they support many languages for OCR, and I did not expect to see the Greek language in the list. Even though some times the recognition of the text recognizes 99% of the image, you can scan the document again for characters and it manages to recognize it 100%!!! It's amazing how it works. Also, there is a control that you can select which area to scan only so that it doesn't get confused by another irrelevant characters, images etc. I like the preview features where I can edit some text before saving it to pdf or word document.

Cons

There is nothing to mention here. Everything work and it delivers what it promises.

Brittany from University of South Australia

Frequent updates please

Pros

I bought ABBYY FineReader in order to digitize contracts, brochures and other documents. I like the fact that developers monitor their product: they constantly fix bugs, add new useful features and modify old ones. The product is just nice to use.

Cons

The program used to be very bad. Auto brightness and a preview of the result did not work there. It was possible to save documents in only a few formats, because most were not supported. Now the program has already been finalized, I did not find any shortcomings in the latest version.

Jason from Carleton University

Highly accurate PDF converter

Pros

I've been using FineReader since version 2.0. The product is excellent for converting scanned PDFs to Word for accessibility markup. FineReader also does batch conversions which saves a lot of time.

Cons

Manual OCR editing is relatively slow compared to earlier versions. However, this is perhaps because of more tools.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Ernest from IEEE

Industry: Publishing

Better than Adobe

as good, better in some cases, as Adobe at a reasonable cost.

Pros

it is very easy to use. It is also full of useful features which are much simpler to use than Adobe. I cannot think of one thing that Adobe can do better, although i do not use some of the more collaborative features. It is stable, does a great job of creating and editing PDF and does the same thing Adobe does for a lot less money.

Cons

I wish there was something to say here, but i really have no issue or problems with what i use this for

Reasons for Switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

too many technical issues with Adobe

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Natalia from Manpower

An indispensable program for my work

Pros

A significant part of my work is office routine - working with documents, processing files of candidates for a particular position. FineReader is helping me out with text recognition. I do not know what to do without it. It saves a lot of time, while the finished text almost does not have to edit.

Cons

The program consumes a lot of resources. Because of this, I did not immediately understand why my computer began to work more slowly. Partially solved the problem like this: disabled autoload with Windows.

Cynde from College Finance

Quickly recognize text

Pros

There are individuals who continue to send scans of the text instead of the usual file. To edit a document, you have to use a program that translates the image into the usual docx format. The FineReader service does a good job with text recognition.

Cons

You can't do without mistakes - it is advisable to reread the resulting text at least once. Surely there are a couple of typos in it. In addition, the formatting is often broken during the translation.

Joseric from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Must have for the digital transformation

Pros

In our efforts since last year to move into a fully digital (paperless) office, we found that we're still far off. We still have several manual business processes that involve passing around physical paper/forms. Then we found Abby Finereader. We are using this software to scan our documents and convert some of them into a searchable PDF or the ability to use OCR technology to be able to edit the scanned documents in MS Word or Google Docs (ready for cut&paste etc). Much help also is the feature which allows us to automate our doc conversions via what is called a 'Hot Folder' This allows for scheduled and batch jobs. So just set it up, let it run while you do other things, then come back to a finished job. Lastly, I love the fact that Abby Finereader now has a client for Android use. Now we can do our work on the go, and send it direct via email or save to the cloud. Very useful for meetings and workshops outside the office.

Cons

To be honest, I have no gripes with Abbyy. I've been using it for a long time now and it has really improved a lot (with more features) over the years.

Melania from Help Net Farma

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Lightning fast digitization

Pros

I have been working with text recognition software for a long time, but ABBYY FineReader surprised me. I have not seen before that digitization was done so quickly. I also like that the program understands not only text, but also recognizes tables.

Cons

In general, I am satisfied with the program, but the program confuses some symbols. The most frequent problem is when the program instead of zero writes the other letter.

Need to take paper to digital? Use THIS.

I implemented it on my father's work place. They run a medical facility, and receive much documentation in paper. Being able to digitalize that paperwork in a pre-automated way has saved them a lot of time and effort, inceasing efficiancy, A LOT.

Pros

Have lots of documentation that needs to be digitalized? This is the tool you're looking for.

Cons

Handwriting recognition could improve. Some spanish characters are not well recognized, but this has been enhanced over the years.

Anne from The GoodWord LLC

Not bad

Good.

Pros

OCR function is amazing. But if the text in image can be recognized better, that'd be awesome.

Cons

The text in an image cannot be identified correctly.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Dear User, thank you for sharing your feedback and for the great review. We are sorry to hear about your issues and offer you to contact our support team https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new in case you face more issues since in general, this should not be the case.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

Excellent PDF OCR solution

Pros

This software came bundled with my Fujitsu ScanSnap and I've been using it for over 12 years. The software is still running perfectly and converting my scans to PDF and OCR'ing them for future reference. It's been reliable throughout and it's easy to use and save file in multiple formats.

Cons

I don't have any cons considering this was free bundled software and it's done an excellent job.

Great software with some issues

Excellent value for the money, I wish they could solve the "out of memory" issue.

Pros

This is an amazing piece of software for handling large amount of scanned documents. When it's working it's probably 5x-10x faster than Adobe Acrobat DC in recognizing text. Customer support is also very responsive.

Cons

It often runs out of memory on larger documents, regardless of how much free memory your PC has. This usually happening above 1,000 pages. I think the issue is that this is a 32bit software and cant address memory of over 4GB, but somehow Adobe could manage the same on 32bit (but of course Adobe is much slower). This could be quite annoying when you scanned in 1000+ pages and unable to save the file, not fun starting it again the scanning. We have tried the tips from customer support but it wont help. The workaround is to scan smaller documents and use Acrobat or similar to combine them. Basically you need both Acrobat and Finereader for a good setup, what is a shame cause otherwise Finereader is really great.

Finereader has much faster OCR

Grigoriy from Genius Marketing

Good option for document recognition

Pros

The FineReader software is one of the most used by me, I work with the program almost daily. It recognizes scanned pages without any difficulties, and also makes it possible to import Microsoft text just as easily.

Cons

Not all versions of ABBYY FineReader work equally well. Preview and automatic brightness settings do not function. No tool to connect multiple files into one.

Antonio Claudio from Ing. Marra Antonio Claudio

MARRA Antonio Claudio Review ABBYY

Several problems about graphics in documents, specially when the graphic is an important part of the document itself; Convertion in Word format, specially when I have to work with a bulky document.

Pros

It was very important in my job for obtaining a good document submission

Cons

I'd like more fluidity; sometimes, I'd like explanation flags when the pointer is over a functionality

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Dear User, We are sorry to hear about your issues with figuring out the main options and scenarios. We have a lot of tutorial videos available to help you get more familiar with using FineReader and the comprehensive tasks it can perform. For Windows: https://pdf.abbyy.com/how-to-videos/, and for Mac: https://pdf.abbyy.com/finereader-pdf-for-mac/how-to-videos/

Annette from McAL Typing Service

Very good program. A little expensive,

Customers with large typing orders can be eased by scanning typed material and making corrections rather than typing the complete document.

Pros

I like the fact that it can be used to scan files to MS Word or PDF.

Cons

I am disappointed that when scanning to Word the program will most times require a line by line check of the document for errors, whereas scanning to PDF does not need corrections.

Reasons for Choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

It came free with my first computer several years ago and I have used it ever since.

Response from ABBYY Software House

Replied November 2021

Tanya from SSA LTD

Superior scan recognition

Pros

This is one of the most frequently used programs by me, which I regularly use to recognize scanned text pages of documents. Copes with PDF conversion. Support all popular formats.

Cons

Preview does not work and automatically adjust the brightness, the lack of a tool with which you can combine several files into one. Difficulty with pattern recognition.