All ABBYY FineReader PDF Reviews

Ije

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Best PDF Editor in the market

Excellent! I'm a satisfied customer, and the customer service people have always attended to me promptly

PROS

1. I use abbyFine Reader to convert pdf, scanned documents, and photographic documents with text into the text of other formats or ebook formats of my choice (.epub, .azw3. .rtf, Word, Wordperfect, Html, Microsoft Word, editable pdf, etc.). AbbyFine Reader 15 is the only software to convert ebooks by recognizing pictures or tables and recognizing the layout in the source document as much as possible. 2. I use AbbyFineReader-15 and the version before to clean out unwanted text from a document. I mean, cut out unnecessary information I do not want to appear in my documents, or ebook or text conversion, or when I produce audios from the outputs 3. FineReader 15, as I have tested side by side with other pdf editors, can compare two documents of different formats of up to 5,000 – 10,000 pages or even more without asking you to reduce them into smaller chunks. 4. I have found AbbyFineReaderPDF-15 and the versions before the current version very useful for repairing photocopied items, cropping documents, and repairing mixed photographic and text pdf files with unassailable OCR capabilities. 5. I can search, insert, and delete blocks of text from pdf files. 6. Price-wise, this software is an investment, a must-have for organizations and individuals who handle documents of different formats, for people in academics, and people who move content from PDF to other multimedia formats.

CONS

So far so good, BUT add new functionalities, like (1) audio capabilities, (2) converting pdf to Publisher, (3) Improving ebook conversion

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

1. wanted something that can convert picture/scan to ebook 2. needed something to clean out unwanted text from documents or pictures 3. needed a heavy-duty software, not just in name but in performance 4. the price is right for me, subscription is not right for me

Oleg

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Title of review

PROS

Ease and consistency of use. Quality of the OCR

CONS

Uncomfortable use of the drop-down switch with the seal and signature library

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

sometimes it's more convenient and doesn't ask me to save documents even if I didn't make any corrections

Faryt

Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 employees

Faryt's review

Overall has been a good experience and has allowed us to modify docs with some difficuties.

PROS

Ability to edit PDF docs without too much training.

CONS

Not flexible with too. That would make editing very enhanced.ls like Find and Replace

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Didn't like adobe well because was not very flexible.

Prit

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent for mid-size company and easy to maintain

PROS

Easy to use no need to provide special training to users

CONS

slow conversion on high resolution images

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

More security and providing more cloud storage

Kamelia

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

ABBYY is a good product

It helps me with the paperwork. The biggest advantage for customers - works in Bulgarian

PROS

ABBYY is a good product at a good price that can be offered to customers. Interest in it is increasing.

CONS

I've heard this in conversations from IT administrators. Consumers in organizations do not use the product because it is difficult for them.

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

My job is to sell software. This requires me to know the different brands.

STUART

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A Game Changer

PROS

It is great for editing PDFs and converting the images to documents

CONS

I wish that some of the features were easier to use

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

This convert PDFs better than Acrobat. It is more economical and easier to use than Acrobat.

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Great product

Excellent product which allows our company to extract data from documents quickly.

PROS

Flexible templates for reading data from similar documents.

CONS

Inability to draw a table with columns and than analysis the table without losing the columns.

Enrique E

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great software for OCR!

PROS

Software is easy to use and the pdf conversion and image recognition is pretty great. I compared it versus a few python algorithms and ABBYY performed better and with the advantage of creating a searchable file.

CONS

The Mac functionality is pretty basic. It would need to have more features. Conversion from pdf to txt is good, but it could be better: some documents that used special symbols weren’t properly converted for example. This is important when using the software with documents in languages other than English.

Sam

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Best OCR service

PROS

ABBY FineReader PDF has best OCR skills to convert image to text.

CONS

I have not faced any problems while using it.

Graham

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Most versatile pdf to Excel conversions available

Have used ABBY exclusively to do document conversions for over 11 years now. No other app Including Acrobat is as good as this one.

PROS

The MAIN reason I use ABBY Finereader is to convert multi-page pdf invoices to Excell so that they can be dissected and analyzed. I have tried all other pdf to Excel converters and they all botch them up completely with misaligned rows and columns, making the task more excruciating. ABBY is the ONLY app available that can quickly adjust rows and columns to an exact OCR match. Invaluable!

CONS

Learning curve to use all the features can be a bit tedious but not overwhelming.

Sean

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Essential for ANYTHING PDF, meaning FOR EVERYBODY

PROS

How powerful it is to convert to and from PDF seemlessly, preserving all important formatting. I can create a custom PDF from multiple file formats and send it out to clients very quickly, which is essential, as I am doing everything, besides seeing my clients as a psychotherapist. I create PDF documents that are personalized for each client and they think I have spent days creating it. It helps THEM get better.

CONS

It's a little clunky as a pdf reader. I wish there was a lite version that would open when I just want to quickly read a pdf.

Reason for choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

There was no comparison. ABBYY was better in EVERY respect.

Jack

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Try The Best Full Feature PDF Editor

I was getting frustrated with Adobe Acrobat and the fashion the company was taking it. I use the Fujitsu Scansnap and the Standard ABBYY Finereader was included with the scanner. Once I tried the full version of ABBYY, I was sold

PROS

Once I familiarized myself with the interface, the program worked as needed. No need to keep referring back to Dr Google or support.

CONS

The initial interface. It took me a few weeks to look for things. For example, it was easy to delete a page...remove a page and set up a different PDF? That one has too many steps.

Reason for choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

Basically, the relationship ABBYY had with Fujitsu.

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

I did not like where Adobe was taking the product. It started to get confusing as to where PDF's were stored/updated when I was not using their Cloud services.

Helen

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Abbyy FineReader - Simply the best!

Excellent! Although I have Adobe on my laptop, I never use it anymore!

PROS

It's easy to use, and has all the features and functionality that I need. I like the user interface quite a bit. It's so user-friendly - not surprising with how intuitive the functionality is.

CONS

Actually, I can't think of a single thing I don't like, or like less, about this software. It's so user friendly, and such a great value for the price!

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

Abbyy is more reasonably priced. I was so pleased to see that the functionality is much better, even at a lower price.

Dear Helen, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of working with FineReader PDF. Best Regards, ABBYY FineReader Team

Replied November 2020

Reviewed January 2023

Best User Friendly OCR Software available in the market to save your money and time in 2023

Sometimes we doesn’t have enough time to type or spend to write a formal letter in our busy works schedule. There are lot of solutions are available in the Google or digital world, one of those alternative, I found ABBYY FineReader as one of best alternative I have ever used. This is basically a OCR software, which convert any digital readable data into a editable and readable data as per your requirements. This is a PDF the executives Software intended to deal with the specific office and personal works with maintaining quality and requisite parameters of the works. It empowers Beginner as well as Professional also to support their effectiveness in the advanced working environment in their home or office. ABBYY FineReader improves on the assignment of digitization of actual records and facilitates post-digitization handling. It incorporates altering, recovering, document assurance, coordinated effort, sharing, and so on. ABBYY FineReader is an Optical Person Acknowledgment (OCR) application with PDF altering highlights. This PDF programming permits the transformation of picture records, for example, pictures, filters PDF documents, and screen catches into editable record designs. In light of an ABBY FineReader audit, its valuing plans are very reasonable. It has a free preliminary.To summarize, ABBY FineReader is one of the most outstanding programming for PDF downloading, altering, marks, and record the executives also.

PROS

It is perfect for working with these records and digitizes archives without any problem into various formats , as Microsoft Succeed, Rich Text Configuration, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML, PDF/A, accessible PDF, CSV, and txt (plain text) documents. ABBYY is the best OCR programming Software I've worked with and that can assist you with changing over PDFs into editable text documents easily. My experience has been excellent with this, particularly while working with switching tables over completely to OCR content. The numerous accessible dialects and an enormous number of capabilities that permit us to perceive huge measures of text rapidly is outstanding. There is mix with dedicated famous cloud administrations.

CONS

Pricing:There are lot alternative options are available in the markets like Foxit PhantomPDF, Tesseract and Amazon Textract, Google Docs etc. Some of the alternative are relative very cheap/free compare to this. The pricing is little bit Costly in comparison with others options available in the markets.Accessibility:This software is Not accessible for Mobile phones. It can be improved in that respect to accessible in Android and IOS systems of all Mobile Phones.Conversion:Sometimes it converts the data in non-editable Box/image format or digitize the data in wrongly (errors of spelling) ,these mostly are doing when are not clearly recognizable or our main data sheet was in handwritten. User may faces difficulty at that times to works with this Software.

William

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

ABBYY FineReader Version 15 creates compact .pdfs with OCR support for east Asian languages

I have used ABBYY FineReader since 2008, through several versions.

PROS

I routinely use FineReader to re-tool documents sent by clients and other attorneys into compact, clear .pdfs with OCR. File sizes are typically one-tenth the size of the scanned file I received, and usually at least one-third the file size. FR can correct trapezoidal distortion and improve text qualities in other ways. The text editing tools work smartly and easily. I appreciate that FR will OCR files in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean and mixed with English. I can also easily create .pdfs from cell phone photos sent of documents, page by page. FR also converts .pdfs to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint formats.

CONS

I am very pleased with FR version 15, but it lacks the excellent bulk .pdf processing scripts that you can write in Adobe Acrobat; however, the FR .pdf files are typically more compact than the Acrobat files. I also liked version 12, but I was not pleased with the changes from version 12 to 14. I found verion 14 unreasonably difficult to use.

Reason for choosing ABBYY FineReader PDF

I have used Adobe Acrobat simultaneously with ABBYY FineReader since 2008. I choose FR when I need certain types of image processing, but especially for the smaller file sizes. I also choose FR to OCR documents with text in east Asian languages. I primarily use Adobe Acrobat for bulk OCR of scanned documents, its text redaction tool, and when Acrobat supports another plug-in tool that I want to use.

Mustafa

Retail, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2021

The Perfect PDF editor

I like many features in this pdf editor, maybe the most practical one is the after scan work like consolidating all the documents in one pdf file, rearrage them, flip if needed, change orientation, then just save the fantastinc result.

PROS

A wonderful work on pdf like: - Editing scanned documents - OCR and converting scanned documents to word or Excell - Consolidating files

CONS

I would like the OCR to work better on Arabic language like it's working perfectly on English and French, one other thing is Excell may also need some improvements, maybe it's already done on the latest version.

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

I fond Abbyy fine reader more efficient

Roberto

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great tool!

It´s the best pdf editing tool I know so far and I tried a lot different tools, when I worked as an administrator.

PROS

What I like most about Abby is the simplicity, the reliability and the speed which helps me very much to work fast and on my own speed.

CONS

Editing text is not as easy as I would prefer it or better, not everything is so easy to be edited by Abby.

see my review

Not satisfied

Alex

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Most versatile OCR software

I use Abby for a number of purposes, however where it is most useful to me is to convert financial data for analysis in Microsoft Excel for further analysis.

PROS

One of the most useful aspects of Abbyy Finereader, especially when compared to other OCR software is the level of control offered to the user. This enables poor quality scans as an example to be cleaned up and optimized for recognition. It is easy to edit pages collectively or individually to compensate for distortions and even deal with water marks and poor quality images. The accuracy is phenomenal and ability to use dictionaries or customize your own increases recognition capacity. Abbyy Fine Reader has greatly improved over the years and i expect great things from them in the future as technology evolves.

CONS

I do have a wish list: A setting to have ability to ignore pages during recognition. The ability to ignore a column within a table. A way to verify text in a chosen sequence such as down then up and or select areas to ignore.

Ivana

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Simple satisfaction

general great, I preferred online OCR tool in the past

PROS

high-quality output, the best results comparing to the other products

CONS

freezing, sometimes have to reinstall it again

Reasons for switching to ABBYY FineReader PDF

I had to, you stopped providing the service

Eugene