Browse Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Reviews

Alisa from English Company

I absolutely love some features

Pros

The design is cool. And the menu bar is rather easy

Cons

But some functions had not been working correctly

Arun from Aster DM Healthcare

The Quintessential document management tool.

Managing documents has never been easier. Once you get used to the versatile features of the Acrobat Reader there is no going back. I use it on a daily basis to fill and sign PDF documents and Acrobat makes gets my job done efficiently.

Pros

Ability to add your signatures to pdf files is one feature I use the most. You can edit a pdf and easily insert your digital signature. Edit documents, I can edit and add my inputs to a pdf document and share it to my colleagues with ease Fast and efficient, even if you open multiple large files simultaneously the Acrobat never disappoints. It saves a lot of our time. Added security with file encryption, since we handle sensitive data at our organization the robust file encryption feature is a great blessing. Text to speech is a handy option built-in to acrobat reader this actually reads the whole Pdf including text in comments. The Pro version we have purchased helps to convert the scanned documents to editable Pdf.

Cons

There is a learning curve to it, specially the new users might need few tutorials to get used to all tools and functions of the software.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

I think Foxit reader is a great software but it is not as competent as Adobe Acrobat specially in handling multiple pdf files of big size. For a large organization like ours Adobe Acrobat made better sense due to the overall package it offered. I have observed that some encrypted documents shared by the Health Authority can only be accessed using Acrobat Reader hence we switched.

Maizy from St. John Lutheran

PDF Viewing Made Easy

I love Adobe Reader, and will continue to use it for my reading and printing PDF needs. The "light weight" quality can be over expressed, as much other software, burying me in all the options I'll never use.

Pros

I've used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for years, and it has always been my standard go-to PDF viewer. I love how the tool is "light weight", not over done with features, and is basic and reliable for my PDF needs. The tool just works, and has had a reputation for its reliability for decades. There's a handful of option in the toolbar, which I use regularly - rotation, zoom, print. It's very reasonable in what features it has, and doesn't over crowed or over burden the user.

Cons

Adobe Reader is just that -a "reader". Many, including myself, have been confused in the past, and hoped to edit our PDF here. The tool is not an editor, so if you're looking for that, you'll have to purchase a non-Reader product. This limitation may go without saying, but has been a mistake many have made in their hopes for this software.

Ryley from Louisiana State University

Impossible to Use

Very Frustrating

Pros

I only need this software to open PDFs, but it is completely incapable of fulfilling this task.

Cons

As of recently, whenever opening a PDF document, it opens it in a web browser by default. I want to open it as a PDF file that I can easily send by email. Although this seems like it should be an easy fix, it is not. Originally, I was experiencing this problem on Adobe Acrobat DC. It had informed me that my trial had expired, so I then downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to try opening on there. This software also only allowed it to be opened on a browser, so I sought help on the website. I found a link that provided instructions on how to prevent PDFs from opening on a browser. However, after meticulously following the instructions step by step, I eventually reached a point where the buttons that I was told to press in the preferences tab were not even available at all for me to press on this application. I sought assistance from a chat bot which only provided me a link to seek more help. The link brought me to a customer forum, where a similar question was asked, but never answered by Adobe. I then requested to the chat bot to call a service number for help. I was brought to a page that required that I input a serial number for my product without any explanation of how I could locate such a number on my product. I have been working to solve this problem all day long and am still yet to surface a solution. I am very disappointed by how difficult this service is to use, and I will not be buying any of Adobe's products in the future.

Biram from Belle experience

Well representated

For me i see a very nice software and his lifetime is infinity.Any business using it you can be sure its very secure and safe ..

Pros

This software is like a security for our documents..its safe.and easy to use.I like it .I know when am using it my documents is well representated

Cons

I think it can be cast with tv so when using a mobile we may cast it with

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

I used to make my monthly expenses calculation there.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam from SMCC

Industry: Civil Engineering

User friendly with large pdf file, easy to handle

I have been using several pdf readers for a couple of years, when it comes to open a large file I never have seen any other option then adobe acrobat reader. At first, it takes time to open, it’s not an ideal part for me, but when it runs I can not complain about its service. The interface of this software is user friendly, I can find every in my hand when I use it. In the past, when I work for too long, I forgot to save my works, sometimes software crashes. So my advice to save your work-time to time, unless you may lose some of your work.

Pros

Though it takes some time to start in the first place, it can open both large and small files at ease, I can easily operate it not like other pdf readers. Zoom feature is user-friendly and it’s too easy for me to operate. Text editing is another thing I often use to edit my documents. In large file, page rotation is taking very low time in acrobat reader, I mean I can do this in no time. Just like other pdf readers, I can use pdf exporting, margin, editing, organizing, etc with minimum effort.

Cons

Waiting-part! When I open a small or large file it takes too much time to open, they need to make it quick. When I work for too long sometimes it crushes also.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

I was using this software for a long time, so its interface is comfortable for me to work, I know where I can find my tools, another thing is its premium price I thing is less than others

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

In my experience, Foxit reader is good for small and medium file use, but when it comes to the large file I cannot able to use this software, sometimes I lose my data due to a crash. Zoom option is not enough user friendly for me.

Paula from Design of the Times

Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a must-have piece of software.

This is an industry-standard PDF application that allows creation, viewing, signing, editing, exporting, sharing, organizing, and printing of PDF forms and documents. I like the ability to be able to password-protect my files and forms as well. Printing from DC is much more trouble-free than any other app I use.

Pros

I use Reader DC within the Adobe Creative Cloud daily, and I certainly cannot live without it. I like the easy-to-use 'toolbox' that allows easy editing of documents as needed.

Cons

I am aware that passwords can be easily bypassed using a variety of techniques and I would hope that Adobe could remedy this.

Javeria from Paysafe Group

The best way to operate your document

Pros

Does anything you can think of with a pdf file .Acrobat Reader can also convert files to pdf and the process is smooth and quick . The ability to e-sign directly from Adobe is also great if you don't have a designated software for that .

Cons

It only makes sense to purchase Acrobat Reader if you need to make edits on documents on a constant basis .Otherwise it can be really hard to justify the subscription price .

Brian from TendieWear llc

Industry: Online Media

December 2021

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the best!

I am highly satisfied with adobe acrobat reader DC and have been and will continue to be a loyal customer for years

Pros

I have been using adobe acrobat reader DC for years and I love how easy it is while maintaining a high level of performance and powerful tools to manage documents with

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints about this program, Acrobat Reader DC is great! It’s as easy as it gets and cheap as it comes!

I highly recommend Adobe Acrobat reader application

I used Adobe Acrobat reader daily for reports, i never face any problems in my reports since i started to use this software

Pros

Highly recommend, i love this software and really i provide all of my work by Adobe Acrobat reader to show my work in pdf.

Cons

This great software giving you good options such as : you can allow your team to use same pdf in same time Thank you very much

Jared from star retailors

The Insight

quickly and easily combining documents

Pros

Editing all pdf files is a massive win. It helps all my documents stay updated. highly recommend.

Cons

choosing the right encryption type. gets tricky

Andre from Choquette & Company Accounting Group Inc.

Use the best with Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe Acrobat Reader is the industry standard and is trusted in providing a stable electronic document viewing and form filling.

Pros

Ease of use, cross-platform support, small footprint, Quick load. Shows document as created across all platforms. Integration into operating systems.

Cons

Ability to request update within the software if reader version is not the compatible version of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Cross platform support, platform formatting the same.

Jean Bertin from MSR FRD

Software I would not purchase out of pocket

All in all, a PDF editor is an essential tool for any workplace, and many people cannot work without one. Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of the most popular Adobe applications, but it performs so many functions beyond viewing PDF files. By using Adobe Acrobat, you can create and edit content directly on your device to work on projects with your team.

Pros

As part of my assigned office equipment, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC came pre-installed. Our organization provides this software to all employees as part of the standard software suite. However, I do not believe I would purchase this tool. It might be fun to play with, but I will not buy it out of my own pocket. Having said all of that, the tool does exactly what it claims. Actually, the program is quite effective if you're familiar with it and know your ways around. For both business and personal use, PDF editing software is indispensable. Whether you are filling out forms or joining PDFs, adding comments and highlighting elements, this app works like a charm. There is no shortage of features either - especially when it comes to security. Yet, like I said, I have a problem with programs that take up many system resources. The same goes for Adobe Acrobat. I have to consistently use it for years because it is my employer's requirement. However, I lately switched to modern PDF Solutions such as Foxit PDF editor and WPS Office Suite. My usage of this tool has dropped to 20% monthly.

Cons

Just as I mentioned earlier, I am not a big fan of heavy and resource-consuming standalone applications. A good example of this is Adobe Reader. In comparison to many modern PDF solutions such as WPS Office and Foxit Editor, I find the UI to be difficult to use. Although it may not be the easiest tool to use, it remains very useful if you have the right knowledge and computing resources.

Adobe Reader - A good PDF reader

Adobe Reader currently does not meet my needs anymore, as it only provides simple tools. A long time ago I used the software only for viewing documents, but over time and the need to manipulate PDF documents forced me to abandon Adobe Reader, and use another PDF reader. Its lack of more useful tools made the software suitable for basic users.

Pros

Adobe Reader DC is a reasonable software for manipulating PDF files, with few tools available in the free version. In order to have access to more premium tools, it is necessary to subscribe to the paid versions, so we can access the conversion tools for other formats such as Word, Excel and Jpeg, gather documents, edit texts, protect and sign documents. The program is lightweight and runs smoothly on more modest machines such as dual core processors with 2GB of RAM. In general, the software is only usable for more domestic users in its simple version, and it is not possible to run more professional tools. The observed positive points are: - Lightness, as it can run on machines with few hardware resources; - Simplicity of use for home users, who only need to view documents.

Cons

The absence of better tools becomes a major negative point. In many cases, where we want to make a simple note is not possible, just using the highlighter is not enough, joining files is also not possible, so the software for me has become obsolete. The big negative point is: - Absence of more complete tools, not suitable for more advanced users;

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

PDFElement has excellent tools for handling PDF documents. The program allows editing PDF documents, text recognition in images, compressing PDF files, joining PDF files among many other excellent tools. The software is very good, with a modern, simple and very intuitive look. I'm loving PDFElement, note 10000.

Nicholas from Nicholas S. Lane, Esq.

They Invented The Portable Document Format, their software is still the best

I love Adobe, I trust Adobe with my most important work on a daily basis. They provide limitless tutorials and have a rich community forum of users, and though the creative cloud review is for another day, Adobe has gathered together a very unique and interesting mix of users over the expanse of their products, and its fun to try some of the non-document products as well, an opportunity available to most if not all Acrobat subscribers.

Pros

I use Acrobat Pro DC, and the functionality (i.e. what you can do with the software) far surpasses any competitor's product. The ease with which you can rearrange pages in a document, convert to word, rich text, excel, and other formats , sign and obtain signatures, apply security features like password protection, digital signatures, encryption and the like are robust feature-sets. If you use this product for business purposes, they are indispensable. If you have a voluminous collection of documents, you will be amazed at the capabilities of the "indexing" feature which automatically processes your documents and creates a searchable, indexed document in which you can, for example, find each and every instance of the use of a particular word across numerous documents spanning thousands of pages. I have used other products, often I am offered other products "free" and none of them hold a candle to the original.

Cons

I have to have a lot of windows open with Adobe so I can view numerous documents side-by-side across two 27" monitors. Adobe uses a lot of computing resources and can slow down significantly. Given I have 32 GB of RAM, a 6 core 3.85 gigahertz processor and 4gb of dedicated VRAM I think the slowing down is a lack of efficiency in the code.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe is a more full, user friendly experience, and it can do WAY more with PDFs than Nuance's product.

A tool that is essential for every pdf document user

This tool has all features ranging from document cloud storage to digital signature functionality. Extremely useful for teams who need to access common documents across different locations

Pros

It has an extremely professional interface for viewing and editing pdf document s The sign function allows digital signature really easily The document conversion feature is a real time saver

Cons

The free version does not posses half of the features available with the pro version hence it's recommended to users to update to the pro version

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

The ease of use offered by Adobe forced us to opt for the same

Louis from Blaucomm Ltd

Powerful PDF Software that works best with other Adobe Products to get the most from it

Most people use Windows 10, which will default to using Edge browser for opening PDF's which isn't always the best. Others use Chrome. But when you use Reader DC you get the most stable product, it provides the additional features such as e-sign and documentation completion. It's easy to use, and works very well.

Pros

It's simple, reliable (in terms of its always stable, pretty much never crashes) and is easy to use. It works well when upgraded to include the E-Sign etc along with the good integration with things like the the Google GSuite platform.

Cons

The software doesn't prompt you to use it as your default PDF software when installing it, so Windows 10 machines will continue to use Edge or Chrome which can be irritating. Whilst you can change this yourself, it's the irritating when sending a PDF for someone to fill out and they open it in Chrome and wonder why they can't save it. Therefore can before frustrating as you end up provider users additional support.

Keon from Hope Springs Foundation

It has streamlined documents, no more worries with content not being seen by a client

I think everyone can agree that Acrobat Reader DC is quite simple to use from the thumbnails that simplifies navigating through the document to adding a signature to the document. It has made my life easier in that with the cloud capability members of my group could now access a pool of documents pertaining to a project quickly. I particularly like the security features of Acrobat Reader DC which ensures that I can safely prevent a document from being edited once I am finished working on it.

Pros

Before I started using Adobe I would send all my documents including those with reports including graphs with Microsoft word. I use Microsoft Word 2013; the problem I had is that according to the client I sent it to they would not see the info as it would be distorted dependent on if they were using an earlier version of Microsoft Word. Acrobat Reader DC streamlined this process, so no matter which client I send a report to they would be able to open the document and see the content without any distortion. The plus side to this is it is actually cloud based now through adobe so group members can have access with permission to all the content I need them to have access to instead of me emailing it.

Cons

I love using Adobe Reader DC I just wish a bit more basic options like those available in the pro version could be available in the regular version but that's just me I'm a bit of a freebie. But this cloud version hands down is the best in terms of functionality.

Crystal from WRE

Great Features & User Friendly

I have used this software to fill out forms and transactions. Its great for your everyday employee onboarding forms or a purchase and sale agreement to buy a home. Great for legal docs when you can redact certain statements, fill and sign and also return encrypted so all confidential information stays that way. Its also great for when you need to convert a document from a word doc to a pdf or vice versa. A must have for businesses.

Pros

I love that you can easily fill out forms that are sent to you, that you can upload multiple pages and combine them to create your own multi-page pdf, and i love that you can redact sections if needed and create protected document with passwords or encryption. So many features to love in this program!

Cons

So far it has been excellent, i haven't found anything missing that i am looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

It had more of the features that I needed and I found it more user friendly.

Acrobat Reader DC: the simplest and most cost effective choiche to read PDF files on your PC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free and useful cause it comes from those who invented the PDF format, so installing it is painful and silly not to. Adobe though, has made many efforts to make it useless by adding to many links to Pro features that clutters the user interface but requires you to upgrade to be used. Considering this and that there are others free PDF files reader around, some more feature rich than Acrobat Reader DC, some users might consider other options more meaningful so to avoid having an ads bloated app on their desktop.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free reader for PDF file, it has becomes more and more feature rich over years and its interface has been changed and evolved. It is the only software that will guarantee a precise visualization of PDF files, especially those using less common features like data entry forms or legally signed ones.

Cons

Despite being updated constantly over the years, features added seems to be not much: user interface has been revamped but most of the features, like exporting to other formats or modifying PDF files, requires you to upgrade to the Pro version. It seems Adobe sees any upgrade like an opportunity for marketing by reshuffling componets of the user interface (sometimes making hard to find features you used up to the upgrade), adding a little new small features and lots of links to useful features that will force to upgrade that look more like ads than a real upgrade.

Jeremy from Spirelight Web LLC

Industry: Online Media

Powerful PDF management features save time and frustration

We've solved multiple issues with Acrobat DC that were not solvable with other PDF management software. The efficiency with which DC performs basic and advanced PDF manipulation is unmatched. We've realized numerous benefits across features such as OCR, page extraction, document combining, and much more.

Pros

I like the ability to edit PDF documents. This proves to be an indispensable feature when preflighting print projects, fixing typos in Print ready files received from customers, etc. I also like the highly efficient PDF file size that Acrobat DC provides. It's pure wizardry.

Cons

I don't like the way the document cropping and resizing works. I feel that this feature could be simplified and drastically improved.

Larisa from ElectroPulse Brest

Industry: Building Materials

Opens PDF files easily and correctly.

The classic reliable office program for daily use at home and at work.

Pros

How long I have been using Adobe Reader I cannot say for sure. It seems that she was always with me while I was using my personal computer. The program does not require much space, which is also important for me. The interface is understandable for a novice user and it is free software. You can insert all sorts of graphic notes, signatures, notes and comments.

Cons

Reader does not save the appearance and position of panels with layers, additional tools. I couldn't find these settings. The program is in RAM when the Windows system starts up. The module at startup can be disabled manually.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

On the work computer, the system administrator installed both programs, but recommended using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Mohammed Majeed from Innovations for Poverty Action

extremely powerful tool worth the cost

Overall, I enjoyed using Adobe Reader. Having access to the full range of services and functions via our institutional subscription and the large volumes of resources available on line made my experience with the software quite interesting and interactive.

Pros

Adobe Reader integrates very effectively with a wide variety of software and browsers. I therefore don't have to download every document I am reviewing to my local drive before I can work on them. Saves me the time of periodically having to clear out junk and unnecessary downloaded files.

Cons

Frequent spam notifications on updates and other Adobe affiliated products within its suite package can get quite persistent and annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Our organization signed on for an institutional package and required that we all switch for document protection and security fears.

Mason from Herald Quickprint & Technology

The Best PDF Viewer Available

It opens pdf's. It is easy to use. There isn't really much more to say. It's probably the best free pdf viewer around. I see no reason to use any others unless this one glitches for you like happened to a couple users I support.

Pros

It has a nice clean, easy to use interface, it is free, and it's pretty fast. I can't think of anything bad about it, other than you can't edit pdf's with it. Of course that is reserved for the paid versions of Adobe.

Cons

I have had a couple of issues where the software said it needed an update, so the user did, but then it wouldn't actually update. So we tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it wouldn't even reinstall. There was nothing we could do but switch to a different PDF viewer until that issue got fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe is just more recognizable and has a simpler looking interface.

Shenali from Education

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Review

Overall I think this software is great because of its simple interface and ease of access. I have tried many other softwares, but never found of equal satisfaction to the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It allows you to convert your pdfs to other formats which is great. If you need a software for any task regarding pdfs this is the software to lay your hands on.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a must have software for almost everyone who has a computer or laptop. It is an essential requirement if you step into the corporate world. It is very easy to use and is compatible with most devices. As a matter of fact a lot of websites provide downloads in pdf form in the current day. The best thing about this software is that it allows me to highlight important phrases and add notes. It also keeps track of the previously used documents and allows easy access which is a great feature.

Cons

The one big drawback I find in this software is the inability to overwrite in the free version. The paid version allows a whole lot of complex features which forms a huge difference between the paid version and the free version. The monthly payment process is also an irritating fact. Most people including me, would prefer paying for a software at one point during the purchase and finish it off there which would much less of an irritation.

Jennifer from Campbell Hall

Must for any professional

Overall, I would say this is an essential program for office life. I used this daily. I'm sure practically every member at my institution uses this program to view PDFs.

Pros

Everyone needs this free program. I find it reliable and use it daily to review documents. It is simple and easy to use. What I like most is that there is no cost and that it runs consistently. We use Mac OS and I would highly recommend taking the few minutes to install this as it is more dependable for viewing PDFs than Preview or other free softwares... especially if the form is fillable. Plus, the cloud services make it super convenient to track your document on any device.

Cons

Since it's a free software, you only get the very basic tools... like adding comments and highlighting. You won't have the option to edit or export the PDF on this program. If you only need the program for view PDFs, then you are set. But, very quickly you will find yourself wanting to make a quick edit, export to Excel or to Word, merge multiple PDFs, etc. So if you are able to, upgrading to the Acrobat Pro version means you have more editing options. The other con is that it is part of the Adobe suite so expect frequent updates that you need to download... or deal with sync issues or some lags.

Mohiuddin from BUET Study Care

Read,Write,Make,Files!

Well for reading any files this is one of the top in choice. But there should be consideration for education purpose giving a premium version for a short mid time

Pros

Well i have been using for educational purpose for around 2 years, this offers many features and functionalities like giving signature, marking pdf files etc. The pages can be seen in many ways like continuous or page by page format.It also has reading mode.The paid version gives cloud storage by adobe.The UI is easy to use.

Cons

This takes much time to open big files in pdf format. The free version doesn't offer many tools like digital signature, file conversion etc which is quite disappointing.

Adobe has higher reputation

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe gives much more tools and collaboration with other adobe softwares

rebekah from self employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Good solution to convert PDF to Word easily.

My overall experience with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has actually be quite good. You really don't need anything else. Whatever you might need to do with your documents you can do it all with Adobe.

Pros

Converted PDF to Word with no problem. Since I've started using this program it almost feels likw i can't switch from PDF to word without Adobe Acrobat DC because of how simple it is compared to others. I've become quite dependent on it I like mostly everything about Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It's as easy to use on your tablet or phone as it is on your desk top or your lap top.

Cons

The only thing that I've had problems with is that it glitches at times and that can become very frustrating. Also the tutorials aren't that great.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Excel was giving me way to many problems. It would freeze on me nearly daily at sometimes it would totally crash and I would lose everything.

PDF Solution-Adobe

If you are a PDF lover and PDF plays a major role in your daily routine, please try these wonderful PDF viewer & editor. The features and functions of this app are really cool and handy to use. Highly recommended

Pros

The Adobe Acrobat reader is very useful and powerful PDF viewer and editor software and I'm using this as my default PDF viewer for the last couple of years on both my smartphone and PC. The Fill & Sign feature on Adobe is very useful tool and its a time saver for filling documents. The Editing feature and page organizer are some key best features on Adobe. The cloud service of adobe acrobat reader helped me on various occasions to transfer files between phone and PC without any failures. The improved OCR recognitions on Adobe is very accurate on blurred/handwritten formats when compared to the other market available PDF viewers.

Cons

Still Adobe mobile version needs lots of improvements on UI departments. It's really hard to organize the old files within the app and it consumes more battery for longterm uses. As a medical student, most of the time I'm dealing with PDF files and hopefully, I'm waiting for better upgrades on Adobe in the near future.

Standard PDF reader with additional functionality

Usually we use to read and create PDF document formats. In general, for business needs, Acrobat Reader DC adequately meets the needs of users.

Pros

1. Reading PDF documents, mainly because it is a native document format for software 2. Acrobat Reader DK can make selections, bookmarks and notes 3. Digital signatures and document sharing capabilities 4. There is a function in Acrobat Reader DC to scan paper documents into a PDF file and automatic text recognition using optical recognition technology 5. Convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access files to PDF with a single click 6. Compare and highlight the differences between the two versions of the PDF

Cons

1. There is no conversion of the image to text when scanning. To recognize text in order to make it searchable. 2. There is no file merging function in the basic versions of Acrobat Reader DC. 3. Sometimes Acrobat Reader DC has problems the first time you start your computer, especially on computers with low RAM. 4. I had problems adjusting the font size in one of the editable text documents. 5. Editing capabilities are significantly inferior to MS Word. 6. It is very difficult to edit tables in Acrobat Reader DC. 7. Converting files to Word or other formats - not very good, you have to edit the text, divided into frames or with large line spacing, instead of blank lines. 8. After exiting Acrobat Reader DC, it is better to reboot to free memory. 9. 90% of the total functionality of the program is available in the PRO version

Verónica from FordHarrison LLP

Industry: Law Practice

The most used product because it is very efficient

Acrobat Reader DC is an essential software that has maintained a good performance over time. I have almost never had problems with the program, in fact I usually use it in my work and personal field every day since I read documents and I must digitally sign many of them. It is a software that has shown me that thanks to its years of experience I can trust in its stability and operation.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC has a very simple and intuitive interface for any user. It is a robust and very reliable program. The document editing options are very good and contain a large amount of tools that make workflows much more efficient. The product also allows to merge several PDF documents into one, this is a quite necessary functionality. I also think that the OCR ability is very good despite not being perfect and it has improved a lot over time.

Cons

Despite its excellent performance, Acrobat Reader DC tends to be very slow to open many documents, especially if they are very heavy. Sometimes it freezes my PC and I must restart Acrobat Reader DC. However, I usually have no serious problems with this software because it is very stable. They could improve their prices, I think these are excessively high.

Ashley from PRS

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Adobe Acrobat - YOU NEED THIS!

Our overall experience with Adobe has been excellent, we recommend this product to businesses who are looking for an easy no hassle software and always works seamlessly. We have never had any issue when using this product and I especially love that when we have to show a new employee the process on how to use it, there is really no crazy steps! log in and do what you need to do! It gets the job done every time!

Pros

Adobe is so USER FRIENDLY!! I can not say this enough, when we were looking for options our first priority was for it to be user friendly and easy to get to on a daily basis! We use this product several times a week for various things, converting or signing documents are our top two!

Cons

There is not one thing that pops up in my mind that is negative about this software, it has never given us any issues and we love that!

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Overall we felt that Adobe was the better more user friendly choice. We are very glad we made this decision to use Adobe, it has worked so well for our team!

Darryl from Broadband Express/Kanaan Communications

PDF Easy Read

So far its been a great experience using Adobe. It works on just about any platform, so if your technology within an organization isn't the same, the soft ware is. This again makes it easier to use multiple platforms to get the work done or be able to read and review important documents on any device.

Pros

My organization uses PDF documents on a daily basis. As the Training Manager, training related documents coming to me are automatically scanned to me as a PDF file. This makes it easy to title and save to a specified location. The real plus, is when you click save, the last few locations you saved something to will automatically come up for an option, making it much faster to save different files to specific locations for later use. This also makes it easier to find them. If you've forgotten the name on the file, you just simply need to remember which folder you put it in.

Cons

I don't really see any negatives to Adobe. Its a free software, but if your willing to pay you can get some pretty nice features added to it including a movie/video suite that helps to make training videos for my organization.

Halimatun from PwC Malaysia

The best application for PDF reader

Pros

This PDF reader is the longest software i have used for viewing and reading PDF files, also to edit the content of the document and adding notes or text on the document without changing the original file. It also can be use to converting word or excel document into PDF to protecting the files.

Cons

The OCR tools can only be access on the premium account, and the result isn't the best that i have seen. The bad result can be clearly seen when i tried to OCR the scanned document that has text distortion, and the OCR tools can't read and analyst the text properly.

Maria from Studio MR

Industry: Fine Art

Read, Execute and Deliver Documents

Adobe Acrobat DC has been a great asset when sharing my interactive work with clients and prospective clients.

Pros

I have been using Acrobat Reader DC for many years and love how Adobe integrated productive features. I particularly love how Acrobat DC allows me to read, edit, create, and sign documents. My favorite tool is the "rich media" feature that embeds videos into PDF documents. As an artist, it is imperative to share my work with clients and prospective clients easily and fast. Also, with Acrobat Reader DC you can combine and create single or multiple PDF files. You can export files to Word and share documents for review. Signing and filing forms are easy. More importantly, the "protect" feature allows you to customize the level of security you want on your document so you can share them without the worry of identity or material theft.

Cons

If you work online, a lack of and/or slowing of internet connectivity makes it impossible to get your files. The best way to use Adobe Acrobat DC is to download the app onto your computer or phone.

Does So Much !

Our marketing team exclusively uses Acrobat as it allows us to shrink large files and easily edit PDFs.

Pros

I love how many different functions there are with the program. Our marketing team uses it exclusively in lieu of Bluebeam because of it's functionality and options - particularly editing PDFs and reducing large files.

Cons

It does so much but sometimes the menus can be a little confusing. It would also be great if there was a way to manually compress some pages but not all when reducing a file size.

Robert from The Law Offices of Robert A. Kezelis

Industry: Law Practice

No lawyer should leave without it.

Positive. I rely on it so routinely, that it has become a habit, rather than a conscious decision to use.

Pros

Ease of use, power to come up with precisely the end result PDF I want, intuitive process. It makes my life easier, especially with mandatory E-filing in Illinois (requiring PDFs)

Cons

At first, all the choices seemed intimidating. When I started to play around with it, the app became extremely welcome, especially for a sole practitioner. But the initial curve seemed steep. For about one day.

Ronald from Myron Manufacturing

Real way to preview and comment documents

It has improved the process of giving feedback to the team. Adding notes and highlighting content is actually fun, quick and easy. As files can be opened almost everywhere (and that's literal because the browser's extension is in every computer I've used, in case you don't want to use the desktop app) you won't find limitations sharing them.

Pros

How lightweight it is and it's free! It's incredible efficient to add comments and highlight parts, especially since the document's content cannot be edited so no risk of editing something by accident. It's also perfect when you're going to a presentation and you're not sure if they have other office suit installed. Just make sure to import your presentation as PDF and Acrobat Reader will do the trick without problem. I also love how documents feel like you're reading the actual pages, much more organized. It can include from regular text to images and music scores and much more. Everything is there just as the author wanted it to be when the document was created in whatever software it happened--so many programs have the ability to export as PDF!

Cons

It cannot open files from other main office software without a converter, which basically means you always need to convert other formats to PDF. It isn't that painful if you can request the author to export as PDF directly. If you can't then you'll be in a hurry.

Patrizia from Patrizia Gacioppo

Functional, smart and free

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Reader since I started using computers. I never needed to search and use any other reader because I'm really satisfied with this one.

Pros

First of all, Acrobat Reader DC is free. Then, it is really functional, smart and linear. It allows viewing any PDF file without any compatibility problem. It is really easy to use. Indeed, you can easily add your annotations or signs on it using the intuitive toolbar available on the right-side panel. Acrobat Reader offers also the possibility to print your PDFs in just a few clicks. The software updates are automatically installed and constantly improve the functionalities available. If you want, you might also install the Adobe Acrobat Chrome extension. It is important to opt in for it at Acrobat Reader first launch.

Cons

The reader is really slow when opening large files. There is no editing option available for this free version, a function that I find very useful and almost necessary for professionals.

Acrobar Reader DC is the "King of the PDF's"

Adobe Reader DC was installed on the company to quickly create documentation, protect it and have a quick access to it. We clearly managed to do what we were aiming to!

Pros

What I like most of this software is the combining PDFs tool due to in my actual job I need to contact different manufacturers and group all the quotes together. When using the combining pdfs tool you can merge easily and quick different documents into one establishing the order you prefer. Another important pro that has this tool is the compatibility with different softwares packages like office, or other text or images formats like .jpg, that means that you can convert other documents to pdf so they can't be edited. The search by word tool, the zoon in/out and the "go to previous/next page" buttons work really well. In general, all the quick access buttons are really useful!

Cons

I didn't like the interface on previous versions, but even that has changed on the new ones ! So I have no cons at all !

Saidu from SaalTechs

Acrobat Reader Dc: A great tool for viewing, editing and redesigning pdf files

I have been using this software throughout my school life and whenever i need to read any pdf file anywhere , it has serve it's purpose for me, i personally want to thank the Adobe team for bringing such a wonderful reading tool for us, we expect more updates from them and more functionalities on the software.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat reader has been active for a very long time now but people don't actually know the usefulness of this amazing software tool, with acrobat reader you can view portable document files(PDFs), you can edit existing files, you can change document type from one format to another, and do so much more, it has a very clean and simple user interface that makes it easy to use and very straightforward, what i like most about this software is the ability to group any pdf into chapters and display them at the side of your reading pane, thereby making it easy to switch from one chapter to another with a single click on the side of your screen, this software is one of the best document viewing softwares out there and a software you don't want to miss on your computer.

Cons

Well i have to admit that acrobat reader has been a very helpful and wonderful tool, but the design of the software should be more appealing than it is, although keeping things simple rocks, but the Adobe team can do better than this regarding the user interface design.

John from Production Lift Companies

Industry: Oil & Energy

The elder statesman of PDFs is struggling to keep up...

The only reason we use the Acrobat software is to make turning in field tickets easy. Typically, it works well. However, or field techs all use iOS devices which have a habit of corrupting the forms. Other than that, it's great.

Pros

For the most part, the software is solid, stable and usually does what it is supposed to.

Cons

Over the years, the bloat has gotten out of control. As with many old school staples, in trying to keep up, they just keep adding more and more. In the process, what used to be an almost universal file format now is liable to get corrupted moving simple Acrobat created forms from iOS back to any other platform. Adobe blames Apple and Apple blames Adobe. Seeing as how the format is Adobe's, the form was created with Acrobat Pro; this is Adobe's issue to handle. Not to mention after installing this software (or really, any current Adobe software) you end up with so many extra processes running (updater, software verification, etc...) that are almost impossible to remove, you almost have to qualify it as malware. At the end of the day, you really don't have much choice. There are other options, but none that are truly cross-platform.

Donna from Reach Games

Industry: Computer Games

It Makes You Look Good!

As an Administrative Assistant to several executives, I really need the ability to quickly create and manage documents. I have the ability to add or modify content while keeping passwords in place. I can also monitor the status of documents seeing when a contact has received or downloaded the file for viewing. This allows me to update my bosses on the status even if I haven’t spoken with the recipient directly. Adobe Acrobat Pro gives me an edge as an administrative assistant making me look good and in control to my bosses and that makes it a worthwhile investment for anyone with loads of tasks to manage.

Pros

• Really fast loading of documents even larger sized documents seems to load very quickly. • Can export data from any other Adobe software so it integrates well if you're using additional Adobe tools. • Easy to use PDF Format is the standard so it is widely used, and the free reader is available to anyone. • Password protection on any format to keep your documents secure. • Easy opening of Files makes the software very convenient.

Cons

• The only con is that when I first started with the program it was difficult to get used to. Once I got the hang of how everything worked it became very easy to use.

Diego from Productos Lacteos La Argentina

Industry: Food Production

Not the easiest document creating software, but definitely the most organized one.

I have been using acrobat reading and acrobat pro for a long time now, even before I started working. What is most appealing to me from this program is that in my opinion it is the best pdf reader in the market, which is also free! However, I also bought acrobat pro and it has been remarkably useful. The ability to create, edit and modify PDFs has been paramount in my professional and personal life. We use PDFs in our company instead of .doc files because .docs look differently on every computer depending on version and model. It can be truly irritating when you have spent a good 30 minutes working over the margins and overall presentation of a document only to have that all mean nothing when it is opened by your boss, resulting in you getting feedback because the document was "disorganized and lacked format". Well, that has not happened anymore since making the switch to acrobat. I can also just make .docs and save as pdf and it will retain its original format no matter what.

Pros

Allows me to create documents that look the same in everyone's computers, unlike Microsoft Word. Adobe Acrobat also allows electronic signatures to validate documents without the need of a physical signature, which can be very handy and convenient.

Cons

Document editing and creation in general is very wonky, but that doesn't change the immense power and potential this software has. It still creates documents that are more organized than others and its pdf reader characteristic is rival to none.

Tiffany from Salt Lake County

Power Your PDF's!

Great software. A very positive experience with creating forms to be filled out by others and then having that information returned to me.

Pros

My two favorite things about Acrobat Reader DC are the ability to edit PDF's and the ability to create fillable PDF's. Editing PDF's is so convenient. In my line of work, I received PDF digital flyers where my phone number was incorrect and I could easily fix the problem myself instead of having to send it back to the original sender. Being able to edit PDF's saves me so much time because I don't' have to wait for others to edit the documents. The second thing I love is the ability to create fillable PDFs. I feel like this functionality makes it easy for people responding to my documents to fill them out and it gives me the information I need in an organized manner.

Cons

This software did take a bit of a learning curve for me to learn. The first time I made a fillable PDF my boxes weren't the correct size and so it didn't allow the information to be entered in all the way. Luckily once I figured it out, it was an easy fix.

Dipen from Education management

PDF READER BY ADOBE

One of the needed tool for students as well as companies because PDF format is one of the most useful format in all formats.

Pros

Fastest PDF reader i ever used. It's take very small time to load pdf file. It's form making tools are lubs. It's too powerfull and help to design forms very easily.

Cons

If we load loaded file it will he not responding and after load if we fastly move scroll bar it will be unresponsive.

Steve from Modern Mechanical Systems

Best PDF Editor I've Used

Pros

Easy to clip, edit, add to pdfs. The measurement function is great for plan drawings. Creating PDF's from multiple file extensions is great to have.

Cons

Converting other file extensions to a pdf can take some time depending on your PC specs. Locked files cannot be easily changed, I understand security purposes, but we run into many accounts where the files were locked and didn't have any sensitive info.

Nathan from GRAYBAR

Industry: Wireless

Adobe Review

My experience with Acrobat Reader DC has been pleasant. It is great to manage a look at any document that is a PDF. It is set up for easy copy and pasting of information.

Pros

It if very functional and easy to navigate. You can open multiple PDF's at the same time and navigate between them seamlessly.

Cons

In order to make any edits of the PDF you have to buy an additional upgrade. It would be good to have a free option that would allow simple edit functions.

Dilraj from Click Labs

Awesome software for PDFs!!

PDF has become very integral to the way businesses are conducted these days and Acrobat reader helps businesses in creating/editing PDF from the documents for sharing them. Not only businesses, all kind of reading materials can be shared across as PDFs and Acrobat reader makes it very easy and user friendly to render these PDFs.

Pros

Acrobat reader is really awesome for viewing/editing PDFs. Notes or highlights can be added to the PDFs using acrobat reader. Free version of this software comes with the lots of basic features which are required by users and for advance use, paid versions can be purchased. Any kind of document can be shared across as PDF and Acrobat reader helps users in creating those PDFs efficiently.

Cons

Acrobat Reader does not have enough features for editing the PDFs and mostly, other softwares available online need to be used for editing the PDFs accordingly or combining multiple PDF documents into a single PDF document.

Roberto from Zone El Salvador

Good choice to handle read only PDF files

Good choice to handle read only PDF files. I'm happy with the product

Pros

It is simple to install, simple to use, and it is full compatible with all kind of PDF files, including the ones with interactive forms

Cons

It almost never fails but when it does, it's kind of complicated to troubleshoot. You will need some time to install and install again the software

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,014 reviews