All DocuPhase Reviews

Reviewed March 2018

Our company utilizes PerfectForms, which I have no experience with. However, I love their support!!

Easy to maintain, excellent support and cost efficient.

PROS

It integrated without databases and website seamlessly. I had no experience with PerfectForms so I rely heavily on their excellent online tools and their support team. Their support will work around your schedule. If you don't have staff or resources to create the online form Docuphase is the best choice.

CONS

This is a difficult question for me because I have no experience with it or software of this type.

Thank you so much for the kind words! We appreciate your business. If there's anything at all that we can do to assist further with forms, or other parts of your implementation, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks, Team DocuPhase

Christy

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Training and support is invaluable

There are a few processes that have had a major impact for us. We have automated our onboarding processes, this ensures that all required documents are not only received, but reviewed and approved. We have reduced our email burden tremendously, so we spend less time reviewing emails to determine what info we need. DocuPhase is by far the best document management system I have seen, because it goes beyond the document and manages processes. If you want to see how really inefficient your processes are, implement them in DocuPhase. Every process that I have implemented, I have changed shortly after to make it more efficient, even the ones we thought were solid.

PROS

The most valuable feature to me is the ability to create or change a process with very little time and expertise involved. I am not a computer programmer, but I manage the DocuPhase system for the entire organization with very little effort. A process can be created, implemented and tested in just a few hours, depending on the complexity of the process. Forms can be created and amended faster than you could change and distribute a pdf form. Also, I know if I have any issues I can call DocuPhase with anything and they're right there to help. I absolutely love the entire team at DocuPhase and they have the most incredible support over any company I've dealt with. The team has helped us work through our processes and ideas to get them implemented and did not charge us a fortune in programming fees. We have been able to work remotely through the pandemic across multiple offices, largely due to DocuPhase. We have access to all documents, we are able to upload images and continue to collect signatures. Our purchasing is automated for approvals and budgeting, so it requires very little follow up. DocuPhase is by far my favorite tool to work with because I am able to do so much with it to improve many areas.

CONS

I would like to see easier troubleshooting. Since I am not an IT person, I don't really delve into the deep database stuff. However, when I get an exception error or something like that, I really struggle trying to find the error. It's usually something simple, but I feel like I'm trying to find it blind. It would be helpful if the system told you why the error happened, without having to search everywhere for it.

Reason for choosing DocuPhase

We had made it all the way to signing with Fortis Blue, but I was very nervous about the programming. I knew that I was to be the admin and the one to do most of the process programming, so when they told me I would receive 8 hours of training I was a little skeptical. I kept wondering how I was going to learn all that I needed in 8 hours with no IT background. As I read some of the documents, there was continual mentioning of batch script importing and lots of coding. I knew there was no way that I would learn all of that in 8 hours, so we backed out and reviewed DocuPhase for the second time. We already knew the system was amazing and was basically a dream come true for everything we wanted to automate, but what really sold me was the training. DocuPhase offered two full weeks of training and they basically hold your hand through it, with the promise to be there for you after. I felt a lot more confident with the ability to learn the system, plus the way you implement changes was completely different. DocuPhase is much more user friendly and basically a drag and drop type change, as opposed to manually writing and implementing a script. Even after using DocuPhase for a few years I still review other products that I receive info on, but I've yet to see anything that compares and their support team is still there to hold my hand when I need it.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy that you are satisfied with the system. Your comment on exception troubleshooting is being passed on to the team. Thanks again! - DocuPhase Customer Succes Team

Replied August 2020

Aaron

Reviewed March 2018

The program is very useful, but when there is a problem that I can't solve in-house, it's difficult.

Saving time, providing all of our hard-copied data at our fingertips digitally.

PROS

Customization capabilities, ease-of-finding results, search capabilities, scalability, when iLink works it saves a ton of time

CONS

iLink is EXTREMELY temperamental - at best - and works only 10% of the time. When there are problems with ScanDox/Upload Manager, the solution that fixed the problem the time prior doesn't always work, which leads to a tech support request .

Hey Aaron, I'm sorry to see your support rating. We pride ourselves on the nature of our support, and would hate to feel as though you're unsatisfied. I've been chatting this over with some other resources internally, and we'd like to pick your brain later this week about ways you feel as though we could improve. Expect that we'll follow up with you this week regarding your concerns, and then put measures in place to improve. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Everette

Reviewed March 2018

Have been using for at least 10 years and it is a very valuable tool for our office

PROS

We have used the software to store our closed files for a number of years and it is very nice when we need a back file to be able to bring it up very quickly and easily. It is easy to find any page in the file we night need and to email or copy any or all pages of a document. We no longer have to go to the attic to retrieve a file and manually search through the file foe the document you need. It is there at your finger tips with a few key strokes. The program saves a lot of space and time. Very glad we have it.

CONS

Not being able to scroll through a file is my first complaint. Not being able to add document to a file has been a major issue. Indexing of the file is very time consuming process. You need to have character recognition should be a part of your program. With OCR it would be much quicker to scan old file in to the program. Having to log in and out of the program is also a feature I do not like. To my knowledge you offer no training with the program so I am sure there are lot of features we do not know how to use. The vendor that sold the program to us has tried to train us but like most programs you only learn about 10% of the features offered.

Hi Everette, Thank you so much for the kind review, and for being a longtime customer. Regarding the cons, I'm going to reach out to schedule some time for us to talk further, as I think that we can help to take care of some of these issues. We offer a top-rated OCR program that we can deploy quickly and efficiently as well, so we may be able to help you save even more time there. I look forward to speaking with you soon, Michael Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Pam

Reviewed April 2018

Once the software is set up for your needs, it is very easy for the end user to use.

We had an outside company do our scanning for us and we could never find the documents when they came back from being scanned. For example: and STR means to allot of people street. To us here at the property appraiser office it mean section, township and range.

PROS

The software has several features that you can use. From making your own forms, workflow and progression. We have not used any of the other features it has. Looking forward to in the future. But for document management it is virtually no maintenance to it.

CONS

I do wish they had free online classes that you could take for iforms, workflow and progression. That way we as a company can see if any of those items we could use. The software does lack the ability to pick and choose from a found set. For example a combo box.

Hi Pam, Thanks so much for the review. We've really enjoyed working with you and your office for the last few years. I'm happy to follow up with you regarding functionality on forms and workflow, and either Olivia Sutton or myself will shoot you an email today so that we can discuss further. I think that we can definitely assist, and point you at the Learning Library, where you can review some of those features as well. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager

Heather

Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2021

Potential

It’s a startup there’s been some issues but all together we are learning and catching what we can

PROS

It can be used across the board for multiple files and accessed by only ones needed to

CONS

It wouldn’t capture everything correctly

Reasons for switching to DocuPhase

Windows 10 would not be able to access Fortis they were not updating their software

Kimberly

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Treeno and Importer Tool

We have had a wonderful experience with Treeno. We highly recommend their products and have not been disappointed with anything. We love their staff and the way they work as a team. This saves us many hours of manual work that was done in the past.

PROS

It just works. They have a great customer service team that are really just a phone call away and answer their phones. Never experienced a time when problem was not solved within that day unless coding was need. They were able customize Treeno to fit our needs. It's fast and reliable.

CONS

My only area of confusion is the Admin Sign In. It would be helpful to have to have explanations of what functions are in each category. Right now I just click on each one until I find what I am looking for.

Reason for choosing DocuPhase

We were able to have a full demo and our printer company was able to import Treeno into our current equipment. The program was based on the web so we did not have to house all that data here and really easy to use. Price was great and they evolve the program as the computer world changes.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Always a positive experience when speaking w/ support. AD synch needs to be better & more reliable.

Security. Flexibility. Customizable.

PROS

Synchs with AD and security is easy to set up. Documents easy to find most of the time. Love the flexibility of in creating customized drop down lists and applications for storing documents.

CONS

Text searches will not return no data if the text is not exactly as it is in the database. Online help should take me to help for the version I am using. instead it takes me to help for the latest version which may or may not apply to the version that I'm currently on. Customers can't always upgrade precisely when a new version is release so the help link should be version specific.

Hello, Thanks so much for reaching out with your review. I really appreciate the kind words about support, and will relay the message to them. Regarding text searches, we can definitely help you regarding wildcard searches and I'd hope we can improve your experience there. Feel free to shoot me an email at customersuccess@docuphase.com and we can discuss further. When we connect, I'll also talk you through the upgrade process and help information. Regards, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Reviewed March 2018

Fairly powerful, easy to organize files but difficult to set up and high learning curve

PROS

The ability to link files across applications is great. You can click on a PO number and view the PO, any invoices related to the PO, and any receipts that individuals have scanned in.

CONS

Browser compatibility is not great, many of the features are only available on IE, and must be set up in a specific way. Also, the mobile app used for scanning receipts has not been updated in a long time, and it does not work with iOS 11.

Hello, Thanks so much for the review, and for reaching out. We'd love to chat regarding the browser compatibility, as I think you're on an older version and we can introduce you to the HTML5 viewer, which works across all modern browsers. Let's chat and see if that's a good fit. customersuccess@docuphase.com Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Tim

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Young company making big strides

Way to manage our documents in Accounting and Purchasing

PROS

The software has a lot of possibilities. The support team is fantastic in keeping you on the right track with issues and problems. I see a multitude of growth moving forward with this young company.

CONS

Lots of moving pieces which can get confusing which part does what. We have over 6 divisions which due to work flow can require different methods. I would like to see their software completely integrated into one package instead of so many pieces.

Hi Tim, Thank you for the kind words, and for taking the time to leave a review. Electro-Mechanical has been a great partner, and we appreciate your business. If there's anything at all we can do for you, never hesitate to reach out. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Richard

Reviewed March 2018

my experience has been good thus far with docuphase.

PROS

I like that it is a web based application with easy for control for user access. I also like the import mapper tool for easy and bulk entry into docuphase.

CONS

If you wanted to setup a DR site with a server with docuphase already configured. If the primary server goes down you can instruct your users to the DR site docuphase and have no loss of work or time. Currently to have this setup docuphase will charge you for both as if it was another full suite. I disagree with this and licensing/price around this. It was to costly for us to buy a DR license on top of the primary, it would be really nice to have. It would be nice for docuphase to go easy on the price if a company wanted to have a DR docuphase server.

Hey Richard, Thanks for the review. I'm going to ask around a bit internally and get back to you regarding replication for DR. We know that availability is important when critical business processes rely on our software, and we take that very seriously. Expect that either Greg and I will follow back up with you on this. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Gale

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Treeno Utilization

PROS

This software allows us to be paperless. Access to work already completed was high on our list when choosing this company. Customer service was also high on the list. Technical support is almost instantaneous and thorough. Support is kind and knowledgeable. Permissions to the different cabinets are available all the way down to document types. Usage logging is a plus. The importer allows for seamless integration of the Microsoft Outlook program and allows original formatting to be kept for word processing software.

CONS

Maintenance fees are expensive and paid for through a vendor versus the company itself.

Santino

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

DocuPhase Review

PROS

Very flexible software with good document management centered features. DocuPhase makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues on documents. The software continues to grow into a better productivity tool and future updates should see this trend continue.

CONS

At times the iLink feature has proven to be problematic when it is being used.

Ian

Reviewed March 2018

Software has improved since the beginning when we first started using software

PROS

Web site usability has improved since the days of iSynergy software. Use of HTML5 will really help once deployed to our agency.

CONS

Licensing issue named vs cocurrent option available and watermark ability on documents is very limited

Hey Ian, Thanks so much for reaching out. I actually wrote Lisa earlier today regarding some options for watermarking your docs. I think you'll be happy with what we can do there. I really appreciate the review and the kind words. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

daphne

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

My personal views with the knowledge and usage I work with on a daily basis.

It's simplicity in getting around and how it is set up makes doing my job more efficient.

PROS

The ease in using it makes my job better.

CONS

When I get logged off for no reason. It doesn't happen as often.

Reasons for switching to DocuPhase

Wasn't up to me, but we needed different ways to store our docs and ease for many other team members to use never having done so.

Dian

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

great product, has a lot of functionality.

the ability to create a paperless office.

PROS

Docuphase can be configured to meet most business needs. There are features for importing and exporting documents, character recognition, and capturing data on forms. The work flow process is extensive and user configurable. Docuphase is web based so that the images and index values can be accessed from anywhere.

CONS

Installation and update procedures are overly complicated needing an IT professional to implemement. Changing the sort order of the search results is cumbersome and is not intuitive. Support requests are not always answered in a timely manner and it takes too long to escalate a call to advanced support. When editing indexes in Docuphase only user defined lists are available for lookups.

Jeremy

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Help solve business challenges and support is excellent. Can automate nearly anything.

Helps scale business process, automate data-oriented tasks and is flexible enough to use anywhere in our organization.

PROS

Can be used to automate and store documents for any process, department or team and has outstanding integration capability. Highly expandable in regards to progression workflows and document storage containers.

CONS

Web form has limited ability to customize. It is functional, but could use a face lift and functionality overhaul.

Hey Jeremy, Thanks for taking the time to get a review together for us! We appreciate the time, and are looking forward to the upcoming project with you. If there's anything you need in the meantime, please let us know. Thanks, Mike Morris Customer Success Manager @ DocuPhase

Andre