Browse Nanonets OCR Reviews

Muhammad from PT. Solusi Aplikasi Integrasi

Very easy to use

we can start create a custom model by uploading 10 samples, nanonet can read whatever the position of the document and whatever the kind of document type

Pros

This software is really impactful, easy to adopt, easy to make a custom model, flexible to deploy

Cons

limited output when implemented on-premise

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

because Nanonets is very easy to use and has competitive price

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

because it was really painful to create a model, and the extraction result was very bad

Johan from MAT

Great Customer Service & Software

Just like any other product in the world, customer service/support must be of outmost importance. In Nanonets, fortunately, this was not the exception. We received great attention from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who provided support 24/7 and was always willing to assist.

Pros

Probably one of the easiest softwares to use in the industry. Anyone without prior experience can upload data and extract it with their solution.

Cons

There should be better documentation on the Cancellation Policy, but besides this none.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Nanonets has probably the best turnkey solution in the industry for the extraction of data off documents such as Government issued IDs. This allows any company to automate profile verification with ease.

Aman from IITDH

Best Place to find OCR Software with high accuracy

We are using it for automating the KYC Onboarding process for our customers, and filling in address details and other information is a time-consuming process. But this platform has improved our users' onboarding experience, and we are happy to integrate it into our system.

Pros

Nanonets is one of the best OCR software I have ever used. I like this platform the most because of its high accuracy models. I am very happy for using this platform into our product.

Cons

I didn't find any reason to dislike the platform. The features this platform provides are excellent, and I would recommend this platform to everyone who needs to automate the data extraction process from various documents.

Dhifallah from AmIA Solutions

Industry: Animation

Enormous time saving witn Nanonets

Enormous time saving

Pros

comprehensible technical documentation for all products easy to use and easy to train the models in Invoice OCR product

Cons

the design part in "Invoice OCR" product.

Dmitry from NSTU

Industry: Research

Useful and simple OCR service for data preprocessing

I'm writing master thesis and working with data analysis technics. In my case Nanonets OCR goes to process with handwritten text with the best accuracy. It gave well-build structured data that can be taken for further modeling. Also I must admin the fact, that with API it gives many opputunities in different ML spheres, not only text analysis

Pros

High accuracy without standard limits, that allowed to process almost any image or document User-friendly output formats directly or via modern API Possibility to train own model or use pretrained one

Cons

Just one tip to add some SQL extension as output formats

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

Nanonets OCR provide more structured data with extra parameters (not only text coordinates)

Yoga from PT. United Teknologi Integrasi

really good OCR software i ever seen

it's flexible to extract any type of document you need

Pros

easy to use, UI friendly, non-developer can use this apps, can integrate into many API

Cons

not compatible to mark sample when it's rotating 20º, and can't do flexible shape of marking

Ajit from Xavier Institute of Management

Just go for it - Awesome

Overall, my experience was great because it solved my purpose. Even the trial version seamlessly worked! I am happy that I used this tool. And I am sure 54 students whom I trained might go for this if they needed it at their workplace.

Pros

Nononet is easy to use. I am in the teaching profession. I had to demonstrate how the procurement department can make use of Nanonet to MBA students. I provided them with some scanned bills to train the model and later another set to test. It worked like a magic. My 54 students were happy and satisfied.

Cons

Probably, Nononet can provide some sample datasets so that learners will feel comfortable. Also use-cases! They may consider providing more facilities to instructors so that they can teach this powerful tool even better.

I love that the OCR extraction from PDF just works

It was great, I found the tool. I created and account. Within minutes I had the results I expected. Very pleased with how easy and useful it is.

Pros

I really liked the interface and how it was straightforward to get my documents into the system, and get my data out of the uploaded document. I also really liked the options for massaging the extracted data before finalizing it. It is clear that Nanonets has considered a lot of the pain points around extracting data from PDF files ( for example ).

Cons

As I mentioned before, the price point is very high. I understand that this is a tool mainly aimed at businesses for regular text extraction, but I am a researcher and have less money and don't need to use the software as much, would be good to have an affordable paid options.

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

Because I had a set of tables in a PDF and tabula just couldn't figure out where the data was.

Saved time reading documents with Nanonets

Overall positive experience. Most of the features that need to be built-in are, and the team is willing to help otherwise

Pros

Helped us save time by automating data extraction at scale

Cons

Sometimes you need to have calls with the team to help them annotate unusual parts of a document

Ahmed from Individual

December 2021

Best OCR solution for multi-language text detection

It is easy to use. Provides accurate results. Very user-friendly.

Pros

The solution is able to detect multiple languages at the same time with fantastic results.

Cons

I wish it could automatically extract documents from images, like extracting id cards from image.

Adrian from Love Digital Media

Quickest and most accurate OCR annotation I've used to date, bonus points for their customer service

I needed to perform OCR annotation and extraction (image to text), with the base images being close to a tabulated format. The immediate benefit was to have the data exported (CSV) in a clean table layout that perfectly coordinated with the layout in its image form. The data was [*]100% accurate for all data rows which were human-legible. *They offered hands-on help with annotation to ensure that my training models resulted in an accurate production result – take advantage of this extra help! It'll save you time and the outcome (data) will be precise.

Pros

The OCR annotation was accessible, quick and accurate Their customer service was also proactive in assisting me with the initial annotation for the training models, with a speedy turnaround that enabled me to extract and export my data within 24 hours of registering my account.

Cons

I didn't like that the table annotation (list items) has opaque column headers, which means that you have to zoom in and readjust the table size when the column headers happen to be floating over a valid (legible) data row. Nevertheless, I pinged the team about this and they were aware of the issue - they have it on their roadmap for UX improvements.

Reasons for Switching to Nanonets OCR

I found Nanonets to be much quicker and more accurate that any alternatives that I tried beforehand. The main advantage for my objective was the ease in which I could pull tabulated data from an image, and have it exported in the same layout to CSV - I found no other solution that could achieve this in a coherent way.

Ralph from Zettler Consulting

First stage of data input to collect data room data in a DD process using MarkLogic Data Hub

Contract onboarding, Due Diligence - very good product and a perfect service by the pre-sales consultant!

Pros

The system can be calibrated to recognise information from any document type! It takes about 60 minutes to calibrate and you can start reading these documents automatically!

Cons

I was not sure, whether Nanonets provides cloud services in european data centres?

Better Features and Services

Jon from Solera AutoPoint

Custom PDF conversion

Nanonets team (Sales and Engineering) quickly understood the need and implemented what was needed. They also responded very quickly to the contract terms our legal team requested with no friction.

Pros

We have many different data feeds we intake and perform ELT processes, but could only get PDF files for a new custom program. Nanonets software approach made it easy for me to fully automate the conversion from PDF to normalized data we can quickly ingest.

Cons

Integration was very easy. Once we customized the export with Nanonets it only takes a few short minutes daily to process. Once this is out of pilot, we will fully automate with no human touch needed.

Speed of implementation Simplicity of the interface Cost

Alessandro from Consoft Sistemi Spa

Food label OCR Recognition

I'm a AI italian student and I'm writing on my degree thesis. I'm working on a regional project. I developed a mobile application that use a Amazon OCR, that recognize the animal batch on a label food. My target is to elaborate the dataset with some processing and segmentation techniques and process them on a simple OCR; then I compare my results with a pre-trained OCR. In my thesis I'll quote also Nanonets that it was the most powerful pre-trained system for text recognition.

Pros

Nanonets it's the most powerful OCR software.

Cons

Probably nothing. I think it is also useful and smarty.

Gagandeep Singh from WeWork India

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Extract details from contracts & invoices

My overall experience with Nanonets has been delightful to say the least. The ease of implementation, administration, and use makes our jobs easier when it comes to digitizing large volumes of agreements, invoices, and other partnerships related documents.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to intake large volumes of documents, reasonable price point

Cons

No issues faced so far, the experience has been excellent.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Price point, execution by Nanonets team, successful proof of concept, future prospects of Nanonets as an organization.

Majesta from Zending over Grenzen

Nanonets is a game changer

We are using Nanonets (free) to process handwritten forms. In order to automatically import them into our CRM. It has already saved us a lot of time.

Pros

What stood out most to me was how user friendly it is. It's an excellent user experience from start to finish. If you have a game plan for what and how you want to process something it is as easy as 1 2 3. It is very easy to customize to our own forms and it gets better at it every time we use the software. Editing mistakes within the software is also very easy and way faster than when we would normally process the forms by hand.

Cons

Nanonets is based on AI that needs you to select the text to extract as closely as possible, whereas I feel for our handwritten forms it would be great to set markers for fields and after that, have the AI read all the text within that field. Just to avoid it mixing things up. What would also be good is to be able to set field properties e.g.: numbers only, text, yes or no, like you would when using tables.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Other products did not seem to be as up to the task of processing handwritten forms like Nanonets is.

Chidambaram from Zenwise Technologies Pvt Ltd

Useful for extracting info

Pros

Had the setup in place for collecting info from financial docs.

Cons

Not much to dislike works pretty well from the beginning

Gabor from Whisper House

Great product!

I have very positive experience with Nanonets team. I think best in class in invoice data extraction.

Pros

High accuracy, easy to implement, excellent support team! Awesome annotation team!

Cons

We need post-processing the invoice data for creating structured data.

Ron from Practi

Excellent team driving the product forward

The team was very responsive and worked closely with us to perfect and tailor the product to our specific needs.

Pros

Agile ability to meet customers needs with speed.

Cons

None.

NAVEEN from Alt

good initial impressions

Pros

the best part is OCR boxing to train models by labeling. I don't know any other product offering this kind of service. UI is great too.

Cons

Sometimes it just stops working suddenly. Not facing these issues for some time.

Elyas from College of William and Mary

Industry: Research

Best OCR I could find

Pros

This software was the best I could find for reading data from blurry PDF tables. It was able to infer the values of blurred or partial numbers fairly well, and after proper training it was effective at picking out the table structure. The turnaround time was quick - I was able to read and output hundreds of tables in a relatively short period.

Cons

The model training process is a little tedious and involved delineating the table structure by hand. This would have been a quicker process with a smoother user interface.

Prakash from Info Global Tech

Good to know Nanonets

As per my experience, Nanonets OCR is one of the best software for extraction. I really appreciate the team and company to give this kind of software for OCR implementation.

Pros

Easly to create a model and implementation where ever we can.

Cons

I think there is no least about this software. Everything is good.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Expensive should be mid-tier and accuracy level should high.

Martin from Ascend Properties

Very positive

Much quicker than manual invoice processing which we were previously using.

Pros

Very high reliability when using documents of a fairly uniform template.

Cons

Annotation is quite time consuming but I cannot think of a way this could be avoided other than using your paid annotation service. I think it is a necessity associated with the process.

Marshall from Marshall Kramer, MD

Everything we needed and great support

Does exactly what we needed. Got what we were sold. Great experience.

Pros

Our use case was performing OCR on around 750 pdfs a month of the same format but each with their own unique data. We use a zapier integration to populate the data and upload to our marketing platform of choice. Does exactly what it is supposed to do. The support team is amazing. Helped us get setup the whole way and checks in regularly to see how things are working or if we need anything.

Cons

A small learning curve but the support team trained me well and now I am able to manage myself.

Ranjith from Northumbria University

Fantastic Software for data extraction

Pros

Nanonets is very user friendly and comfortable software for data Industry, its much better than Microsoft cognitive service or AWS

Cons

I didn't find any draw backs in the software

Morten from Indevelopment Limited

Nanonets OCR for MyItems

Great customerservices, functional software and the integration was smooth.

Pros

Our development team have implemented Nanonet OCR to scan and read receipts and invoices, and extract data such as amount, date and vendor.

Cons

The software works, but since the app is international, we have to deal with different ways to write dates and different characters for decimal separators.

Reasons for Choosing Nanonets OCR

Because it’s a flexible self-learning technology, with at pricing model that makes it possible to get started.

Humberto from Robot One

Easy to use and great results.

Smooth, with no major issues and have been doing great progress discovering all Nanonets can do.

Pros

From the beginning you can start creating models without any previous knowledge about it. On any doubt their documentation is well organized and even if you can't solve your problem with it their support team are there to quickly help.

Cons

The OCR sometimes don't recognize some text even thought it was recognized in previous tries.

Vivek Menon from Allianze Infosoft

Stellar Product

Pros

When a project came up where zonal extraction was important as well as accuracy I tried their API and it gave me a very exemplary results, they also have the provision to provide training for our own customised models, that was the major attraction.

Cons

I didn't experienced anything yet as most of my requirements were solved by them.

Raul from Advantage Marketing

Software + Customer Service = Goals Achieved

The system works but the special ingredient is the customer service team, they are always available and helped a lot during the set up process.

Pros

The system is easy of use and the molding process is pretty intuitive.

Cons

Exporting the information is something that the systems can't do exactly how we need to, but the Nanonets team has helped us a lot on doing that.

Yesenia from AQG

Saved by Nanonets

This program has saved me countless of hours of copying and pasting information manually.

Pros

It is effortless, efficient, accurate, time-saving

Cons

Wish I had known about this program sooner. It would have saved me months of previous work.

Hassaan from hsnawn Solutions

Recommended

I really loved it and will keep using it in the future.

Pros

Extracts data from documents quickly. Saves time and effort required to do it manuaaly.

Cons

I don't see any downsides. It is really helpful.

Good OCR solution for documents like Resume

Pros

It automatically extracts information from Resumes without any manual correction

Cons

It'll be useful to have different Resume categories