• Pros

• "The processing rates are affordable and I've never had any issues with the software. I also appreciate that it's integrated into my EHR software - makes everything so simple!"

• "The layout is easy to use. I also like that I can save customer info and card info for faster transactions in the future. "

• "easy to use and it integrates with the sites that are needed. like the integration with the vendors and the smartetailing integration as well. "

• Cons

• "Resolution of problems? Usually works well but this one is still open......Customer wants a refund and we cannot process it."

• "there are some limits to reporting flexibility, but nothing that has caused an issue."

• "We originally went with Cayan because it was supposed to be able to work with another program that we use, but unfortunately it does not. "

Browse Cayan Reviews

Val from Outspokin Family Bicycles

great service

cloud based system

Pros

Cons

wish it would create min and max suggestions based on sales data. would like to see less changes and more communication with the retailer. Would like the system to be faster and not to deteriorate during busy times

Robert from LAKEWOOD MAIL N MORE LLC

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Never have to think about it,

With the Cayan system it makes our card processing very easy. The end of the month balancing is quick and easy. Makes bookkeeping an ease.

Pros

When it is integrated with your POS system as mine is, its a breeze to operate. The reporting is very well organized which makes bookkeeping very easy. Customer Service is spot on. Very professional and has always replied to any inquire.

Cons

The system is integrated with our POS system and it works seamlessly. If I had to pick one thing, it would be if there is an issue you are not sure if it is the POS system, Cayan or a network issue.

Brian from Derby City Swing

Trouble at the start & end with Cayan

Poor. I was not a fan starting out and the relationship ended on a sour note as well.

Pros

When they actually processed the money into my account. (which didn't happen for our first 60 days)

Cons

They held tens of thousands of dollars for over 60 days when we first began processing. The fees they charge were really high. Canceling the account was a difficult process and they kept charging fees for 1 year post.

Reasons for Choosing Cayan

At the time it looked like a better solution. In the end all of our business processing cards online switched to Stripe which has been an easier solution. The set up is very transparent. The customer service and attention has been a MUCH better experience for us.

kate from B & R Estes Corp

the process could not be easier

fast!

Pros

The Genius machine works great. Our money is deposited the next day. Awesome. I also recommend having Swipe and an I-pad with a data plan as a back-up. It's saved us when we had internet problems without missing a beat.

Cons

I wish it wasn't a separate machine that takes up counter space. Maybe in the future it can be integrated into our POS software (Keystroke)

Butch from towle's hardware & lumber co.

very good always helpful

A fast and efficient program with help quickly if I need it.

Pros

I don't have much trouble with it. It works well, and customer service is prompt and very helpful whenever I need help

Cons

I would like the signature part taken off so people would not have to sign with every purchase as long it would still work

Courtney from JLBJ Septic Services

Works Well

Kathy from chesterland floral

Cayan Review

horrible, pissed off. On phone for 2 days with them . Kept telling the lady I am sorry I am yelling at you it is.not your fault, she said she undertlstood my frustration after 3 years after they said they cancellednit 3 years ago.

Pros

nothing . They took my.money for 3 years i used them.for a.month and disnt like them. Cancelled but took 3 years of them taking fees.oit every.month. sold.my business and they are still.taking fees put of my checking. Called and said I wanted to see my.signed contract with them. They sent me one without my signature on it. Do not us them please. Crooks. Gave me back 126.00 no after 3 years. Wow thanks.

Cons

never use it please. Dont do it being a owner of a flower shop we run alot of transactions thru daily

thought were good but Not

Casey from On-Sanitation

Industry: Building Materials

Pros

It is very easy to use and the transaction history is a life saver sometimes.

Cons

The only con that I have with this program is that we were told that it would work with a program that we had already purchased and it does not.

Caroline from Carlisle Wide Plank Floors, Inc.

Excellent service since Day 1, easy to use website, great value in a competitive industry

Pros

Very easy to use and good support when questions arise. We have multiple users internally and training was very easy for all.

LINDA from LINDA ERWIN-GALLAGHER, LMFT

Works great

Pros

Good customer service and never had problems. When I would call for help, they were professional and fast

Cons

As with credit card fees, it adds up but when you have your own business it's part of the expenses.

Steer Clear of Cayan

We've realized that there are many credit card processing and merchant services software options that are not only far superior to Cayan, but are also much less expensive for business owners as well. Both PayPal Here and Square are much easier to use, offer user-friendly mobile apps, and offer inexpensive (or even free) mobile card readers.

Pros

Cayan's merchant solutions and sales software is honestly one of the worst platforms I've ever worked with in terms of overall usability, data and reports generation, and UI. However, we were able to effectively schedule recurring payments for customers paying their balance in installments without having to create or setup invoices, etc.

Cons

Cayan's biggest drawback is its UX and UI, not to mention its lack of features. It is very "bare bones" in terms of its UI. Also, the lack of a Cayan mobile app is a huge drawback in an age in which SMB owners can practically run, market, and manage their businesses completely on a smartphone and/or tablet device. Beware of Cayan's chargeback/disputed transactions procedures--rarely did we receive adequate notice about a customer chargeback or dispute needed to successfully resolve chargebacks and often disputed transactions resulted in funds being removed from our checking account without notification--or we would receive a notice in the mail after the fact, which had potentially harmful financial consequences for our business finances...

Reasons for Choosing Cayan

We didn't--and if you're wondering why, then just read the review responses above to fully gauge our Cayan sentiments...

Financial Transparency!

Overall, Cayan's support team has blown me away and not only do they fix the (my) problem, they teach me how to avoid it in the future.

Pros

I've been using Cayan for about a year now, and have to say that my favorite thing about the software is the customer support. I haven't had many problems understanding Cayan features and functionality (self-taught), but when I do have a question the customer support representatives have always been able to diagnose the issue and lead me through -teaching me along the way- to a solution.

Cons

I have three different Cayan accounts to manage three different aspects of our business (retail/restaurant/eCom) and all of my reporting is in three separate accounts. I haven't yet figured out how to easily navigate between the three, but that sure would be nice.

Ron from Sandlfy Locksmith, Inc

Overall, the ease of use and the workflow is excellent.

Pros

The techs can take payments and send customers paid invoices at the point of job completion. A lot of A/R hassles are eliminated before they even have a chance to occur.

Cons

As with any technology, nothing is perfect. You still have to deal with lack of cell phone coverage and such issues. However, that is normally the exception, not the rule.

Jennifer from Positive Change Counseling Center

Easy to use, great customer service response

Rosa from My Urban Toddler at Arbor Hills, LLC

Comprehensive training and great support. Easy to use system that works for my growing business.

Pros

I like the ability to access to batch processing and it's easy to use for customers. My bookkeeper and I were able to access reports for our quickbooks reconsilitation without too much trouble. In addition, the support that we received by several customer service reps were all excellent.

Cons

There are sometimes when it goes offline my employees struggle with troubleshooting. Is there a troubleshooting card that I can print off for them?

Harshita from STAR Tax Solutions, LLC

Good Merchant service provider experience

Ability to collect payments via credit/debit cards from clients

Pros

Fast processing, timely deposits to bank account and detailed monthly statements. Good customer service is a plus?

Cons

Monthly service fees continue to be charged for the months of suspended service. It would be helpful to small businesses, if the monthly services are waived during the months merchant service account is suspended.

Andrea from Circus City Alpacas

Cayan has been very responsive to any needs I have had.

I'm able to easily processing credit card payments.

Pros

I'm able to review transactions without calling company. We have used Cayan for about six to eight months and we have been pleased with the product and the support we have received.

Cons

I have had to call a few times to connect to Ipad or clarify issues. Most of the time it turns out to be something I've missed on an article.

Grace from Vista Feed & Supply

Hi there, I've been relatively happy with all aspects of Cayan, aside from one particular issue

We are finally able to accept chip cards, which is obviously important. We like that the customer can insert their card at any time. We also like the itemized product list which includes discounts/prices. We find that are customers are happy with the software.

Pros

This is a small thing, but just the fact that the customer can insert their card at any time. Many people get frustrated during credit card transactions, so we appreciate that Cayan is very user friendly for the customer.

Cons

I've had some trouble getting helpful support. Some issues have been quickly resolved, but we had a broken machine and the technician was somewhat condescending and failed to resolve the issue. We ended up doing a huge event with only one working machine as a result.

Craig from CGW investments

Typically a good experience

Pros

Integration with my efence extreme makes a simple process to run payments. And right now it's the only one that is compatible with efence extreme

Cons

Having to call in for ANYTHING. . Sometimes I get someone who i can easily understand, then sometimes I can't understand what there saying,

Anthony from DCG

Sweet and Simple

Pros

It was easy to set up and deposits the money directly into our bank account within 1 - 2 days. It's simple to make new transactions and to lookup old ones.

Cons

We originally got this program to go with another that we use. This was supposed to be the only card processing program that would with the other, but it does not.

Kevin from Chicken and Rice Guys, LLC

I use Cayan at one of my fast-casual restaurants.

Pros

Overall I am satisfied with their service, the setup was easy, and the 24/7 technical support saves a lot of headaches.

Cons

Pricing is fair but could be better for small businesses like myself. There were some minor issues in the beginning of service but they were quickly resolved.

Paul from Foothill Village Sports Den Inc

case number 672551 is still open item charged in lightspeed not processed by Cyan should be fixed

qucikness of transactions.

Pros

Ease of use. lightspeed and cyan work well together. except when probles occur and cannot be resolved with one phone call. Seems service was better when we started usin cyan

Cons

Response from Cayan

Replied December 2017

Hi Paul, We appreciate your review and your feedback! We take every review and feedback very seriously. I reached out to my customer service department and had them escalate your open case number. If there is anything else you need please let me know. Thanks, -Sam

Marjorie from TILE SETTERS TOY STORE

Daily user and always reliable for all of our crew!

Pros

We like the ease of use for this product. We are daily users and all our crew has been easily trained to use this process effortlessly

Cons

i have not come across any problems with the software. We are daily users and all our crew like the ease of use with the product

Scott from Rock of Hope Ministries

Thus far I have had no problems and it has been exceptionally easy to use

We could not have a ministry without the ability to offer online credit card and banking services.

Pros

How easy it is to use the software and I have been able to do everything I wanted to do. I have not found anything that the software could not handle.

BJ from JLBJ

Simple

Pros

I like that I can go back at any point and look at or reprint receipts. It is very easy to find my way through things that I need.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I would really change. I don't use this on a daily basis so others may have a different opinion.

Amazing Experience!

Pros

I love how user friendly it can be and also the support that you have from Cayan every step through the process.

Cons

A couple of the features can be a bit confusing but the manual and instructions that they gave us answer all FAQ's

Deborah from Big Frog Custom T-shirts & More

Industry: Printing

Very easy to use and reliable service compared to competition

The software has never crashed or been unreliable. It's used daily and has easy to follow reports and history information.

Pros

Spontaneous updates on transactions. Integrated well with POS system. Easy for employees to use when needed - little to know user training needed.

Cons

The many portals with limited descriptions make it difficult to know which one to use at times - especially when you need to quickly check the status of a transaction with the pressure of an upset customer.

Lester from YourTime Fitness

Worst possible company.

It works, but at a premium cost.

Pros

The software works, but at a premium cost. We've been a user for over 10 years and didn't know we had a choice to change.

Cons

Very HIGH rates. No support from CAYAN. If you can reach someone, they will tell you one thing and do another. They control your account and deduct as they want without authorization.

Gayle from Selections Promotional Products

easy to use

quick transactions

Pros

The money matches my deposits and is quick. the most important thing, it is easy to use and always accurate.

Judy from The Learning Center at Regina Coeli

Great help to my business

Quick and easy to use.

Pros

This software is easy to use, can add transactions without a card and without the client being present.

Cons

I can't get the swipe/chip to work very often, but I think it is mostly not charged. Unfortunately I do not have a card for most clients.

Great Prices on Processing

Pros

Processing credit cards is a funny business in the business world. Technology has almost made the number 1 source of payment credit cards. Yet credit cards cost business owners money. Cayan has great rates and the equipment structure is perfect for conducting small business.

Cons

Name change from CapitalBank to Cayan and then recently was purchased by another credit card processing company. Wondering what this means for the future.

Never have had a problem when it comes to the use of the software.

Pros

Easy to use, doesn't have an obnoxious noise when it comes to your payment being processed like alot of other retail stores have.

Cons

There are some bugs that would need fixed, I know we have had a problem when it comes to customers not having a chip on their card and when they go to swipe the card for payment the payment is declined and we would just have to hand key the card information in to receive payment.

Damon from Manifesto Foods

Easy to use. Transitioned from Square (who says they are easy to use) and am never going back.

Pros

Great, actual customer service. They actually solve your problems and follow up if it's more complicated than a short call.

Cons

You get what you pay for and I wouldn't say it's a con, but this isn't the cheapest option. We took advantage of their off (discount) of a terminal promotion and was able to get up and running very quickly.

Elizabeth from Amar Más Allá de la Vida

It has been easier than I thought, specially because it's my first time selling anything.

Pros

The most I like: it's ease and fast. Also I like the system gives clear reports. Immediately I know how much I sold.

Cons

The first time I used it, I had to login several times because it didn't recognized the password. Had to change the password in order to log in.

Thien from California stop

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Had a good experience

The ease of usage and record keeping

Pros

Its new features are user friendly. It seems like it is a lot easier to use which makes training a lot easier.

Cons

It feels like there is a lag. Sometimes i feel like the machine is a little slow compared to other ones.